PDA

View Full Version : Qbay versus Urban Vista - Which will sell better?

price
17-01-13, 06:21
Qbay versus Urban Vista - Which will sell better?

buttercarp
17-01-13, 07:10
With the present CM, marginal investors and upgraders will have to come up with more upfront cash, so Qbay being priced lower than UV will be more attainable.
Actually if you look in the long term , Qbay has potential. It may not be near the MRT station, but because of the sheer number of surrounding in future, it will be a self contained estate.
The fact that the UWC is nearby is also promising for this development.
St Hilda's school is also nearby.

Also I heard there are plancs for Quarry Park will be developed.
So it will be a good recreational area.

However if it were before CM7, then my vote will be UV.
However, given the present situation, if UV is priced attractively, then they may do better than Qbay.
So it is a matter of pricing.

mcmlxxvi
17-01-13, 07:19
3M.... Do I need to explain further even?

buttercarp
17-01-13, 07:35
3M.... Do I need to explain further even?

Then there has to be a 4th M - money.

zeamybro
17-01-13, 07:36
IMOH, Qbay and UV are 2 rather different projects. So they will target different groups of buyers.

UV's selling points would be the 3Ms and thus likely to target investors for rentals, whereas Qbay is more of a lifestyle living - being close to nature and the villa concept, so should be more popular with HDB upgraders and own stay.

UV - for rental yields?
Qbay - for own stay and long term capital gain?

So do we have more bull investors now, or do we have more ppl buying for own stay?

price
17-01-13, 08:18
IMOH, Qbay and UV are 2 rather different projects. So they will target different groups of buyers.

UV's selling points would be the 3Ms and thus likely to target investors for rentals, whereas Qbay is more of a lifestyle living - being close to nature and the villa concept, so should be more popular with HDB upgraders and own stay.

UV - for rental yields?
Qbay - for own stay and long term capital gain?

So do we have more bull investors now, or do we have more ppl buying for own stay?
Wouldn't long term capital gains apply for UV as well:beats-me-man:

Sea Esta
17-01-13, 08:33
Does anyone have details on what type of business/industrial will come up at Tampines Industrial Ave 1? It is that plot of land after the quarry.

zeamybro
17-01-13, 08:41
Wouldn't long term capital gains apply for UV as well:beats-me-man:

Hello price

Just my humble opinion, not sure if it sounds logical....

As buttercarp-sis has mentioned, there are 9 more plots of lands around Qbay to be developed. That place is currently still very ulu, and has a potential to be developed into a mini waterfront series. To support the other 9 plots, amenities must be built. With the selling price at sub 1000psf, there is still much room for growth as compared with UV if the latter were to sell at 1550psf, esp for an OCR.

But if u were to ask me to choose one for investment, i would take UV cos it would be for rental and not for own stay :) And i dont have the patience to wait soooo long for a place to be developed ( i not young already, haha).

price
17-01-13, 08:53
Hello price

As buttercarp-sis has mentioned, there are 9 more plots of lands around Qbay to be developed. That place is currently still very ulu, and has a potential to be developed into a mini waterfront series. To support the other 9 plots, amenities must be built. With the selling price at sub 1000psf, there is still much room for growth as compared with UV if the latter were to sell at 1550psf, esp for an OCR.

But if u were to ask me to choose one for investment, i would take UV cos it would be for rental and not for own stay :) And i dont have the patience to wait soooo long for a place to be developed ( i not young already, haha).

thanks for sharing bro :) i like your chain of thoughts

Sam88
17-01-13, 09:02
if we look at tropica, the rental is about 3.5k for a 3bedder
if we look at casa merah, the rental is about 4.5k for a 3 bedder
% diff is 29%
data above from sqfoot.

if we look at uv, target price is say 1.5k psf
if we look at qbay, target price is say 1k psf
% diff is 50%

So uv needs to be at 1.29k psf to make roi similar.

Hello price

bakasa2002
17-01-13, 09:02
all eyes will be on Qbay this wkend as the first official launch after CM7 ... :D

Tek888
17-01-13, 09:12
Hello price

agree. Between the 2 I would also go for UV.

UV's proximity to MRT and future commercial plot is a plus. Expats looking for rental tend to prefer units close to MRT as many don't drive. At least this is true for those expats working in my company. They can't overcome the psycho barrier of paying 10 times more for a car compared to their own country.

With soaring COE prices, MRT becomes even more important. Although COE prices are expected to ease starting next year. But provided what's mentioned in this article is still valid then http://motoring.asiaone.com/print/Motoring/News/Story/A1Story20110914-299419.html

chiaberry
17-01-13, 09:15
OMG after so many CMs, if there are still a lot people looking to buy property, then the next CM will not be far behind. I though govt is sending a clear signal to investors to take a back seat (not 1st time buyers or genuine upgraders). :(

bargain hunter
17-01-13, 09:28
so Q bay should do better as a cheaper option to own stay home buyers i guess? UV should attract more investors. as sis chiaberry has posted, hopefully more investors have been deterred, or else......:scared-1:

phantom_opera
17-01-13, 09:29
敢死队 chiong chiong chiong

Sam88
17-01-13, 09:38
% diff is 29%
data above from sqfoot.

% diff is 50%

i hear u guys say rental good. but my calculation defers.

zeamybro
17-01-13, 10:06
As one guru from this forum has advised us .... in view of the CM7, most buyers will now adopt the 'one shot one kill' strategy.

So once you have accumulated enough bullets, you would die die pick the 'best location and project' .... although this is subjective, but i believe most folks would wanna be close to the amenities and MRT to secure rentals.

I dont think the rental yield will be good anymore for UV (and OCR projects) in view of the high prices, but at least the rentals would be more secured and guaranteed compared with the more ulu projects. But when economy is good, everywhere also good ...

cnud
17-01-13, 10:12
Less demand to buy means more will rent.

As long as gls is strong, employment is low, landlord will keep voting the MIW.

eng81157
17-01-13, 10:13
OMG after so many CMs, if there are still a lot people looking to buy property, then the next CM will not be far behind. I though govt is sending a clear signal to investors to take a back seat (not 1st time buyers or genuine upgraders). :(

the CMs won't deter the cash-rich/filthy-rich/just-plain-ol'-rich. The rich will have the means to bought the fourth, fifth, sixth property without batting an eyelid.

speculators had been, most of 'em, wiped out by the previous CMs. this seventh CM has a greater impact on PR HDBs, ECs and commercial properties.

bargain hunter
17-01-13, 11:33
but...bo tin tin pay 7% to gahmen, buay song mah. :ashamed1:

the CMs won't deter the cash-rich/filthy-rich/just-plain-ol'-rich. The rich will have the means to bought the fourth, fifth, sixth property without batting an eyelid.

speculators had been, most of 'em, wiped out by the previous CMs. this seventh CM has a greater impact on PR HDBs, ECs and commercial properties.

price
17-01-13, 12:47
% diff is 29%
data above from sqfoot.

% diff is 50%

IMO. the PSF method of calculation is no longer accurate. You should take the quantum to calculate the price to be set for the same amount of rental yield %.

e.g. Tropica 3 bedder @ $1.2m VS Casa Merah 3 bedder @ $1.4m

3.5k vs 4.5k rental = 3.5% vs 3.8% rental yield (figures are just for illustration purpose)

similarly,

1 bedder Qbay at 550k vs UV at 650k.

Rental Qbay 2.2k vs UV 3.2k = 4.8% vs 5.9% rental yield

voizes
17-01-13, 13:24
As one guru from this forum has advised us .... in view of the CM7, most buyers will now adopt the 'one shot one kill' strategy.

So once you have accumulated enough bullets, you would die die pick the 'best location and project' .... although this is subjective, but i believe most folks would wanna be close to the amenities and MRT to secure rentals.

I dont think the rental yield will be good anymore for UV (and OCR projects) in view of the high prices, but at least the rentals would be more secured and guaranteed compared with the more ulu projects. But when economy is good, everywhere also good ...

By the time QB is completed, the new MRT will be just round the corner, so will not be as ulu anymore.

Where there is more land space around, there can be more developments.

radha08
17-01-13, 15:02
Does anyone have details on what type of business/industrial will come up at Tampines Industrial Ave 1? It is that plot of land after the quarry.

mrt station...:D:D:D...just kidding:D

RCT
17-01-13, 15:27
UV ba.... Now with the CM, u have to buy places with good location... When u r buying property.. First u have to look at location. Second u have to look at location. Third is still location. Now those who buy must be super loaded with the LTV and ABSD... If loaded with money, I am sure those with cash will select good location ba...

DKSG
17-01-13, 18:06
UV ba.... Now with the CM, u have to buy places with good location... When u r buying property.. First u have to look at location. Second u have to look at location. Third is still location. Now those who buy must be super loaded with the LTV and ABSD... If loaded with money, I am sure those with cash will select good location ba...

There will always be market price equilibrium (usually).
Those near MRT will be priced higher than those not.

When market moves, the whole spectrum will move, including those near or not near MRT.

Consider Echeleon at $2,000 psf vs QBay at $950 psf.

DKSG

radha08
17-01-13, 19:57
mrt station...:D:D:D...just kidding:D

huat ahh really got mrt...crl...:D:D:D:D

newbie11
17-01-13, 20:10
IMO. the PSF method of calculation is no longer accurate. You should take the quantum to calculate the price to be set for the same amount of rental yield %.

e.g. Tropica 3 bedder @ $1.2m VS Casa Merah 3 bedder @ $1.4m

3.5k vs 4.5k rental = 3.5% vs 3.8% rental yield (figures are just for illustration purpose)

similarly,

1 bedder Qbay at 550k vs UV at 650k.

Rental Qbay 2.2k vs UV 3.2k = 4.8% vs 5.9% rental yield

La fiesta 600k 2.7k. 5.4% also gd.

Inn0cent
17-01-13, 20:11
huat ahh really got mrt...crl...:D:D:D:D

You referring to tampines west ah?

Rosy
17-01-13, 20:31
What is the UV launch price?

Which one is more popular would depends very much on the price now.

radha08
17-01-13, 20:42
You referring to tampines west ah?

ya lah mrt getting very confusing...:doh:

bargain hunter
18-01-13, 16:44
still more pple believe UV can outsell qbay? :D

phantom_opera
18-01-13, 16:48
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100427120424/starwars/images/e/ea/Empire_strikes_back_poster_vader.jpg

u need FEO to strike back first ...

bargain hunter
18-01-13, 16:55
bro, u haven't voted yet leh. make a guess lah. :)

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100427120424/starwars/images/e/ea/Empire_strikes_back_poster_vader.jpg

u need FEO to strike back first ...

DKSG
18-01-13, 23:26
bro, u haven't voted yet leh. make a guess lah. :)

No need to vote, no need to guess.

QBay sold nearly half of the 600 units in the development.
Not launched units hor ... its total!

First day of preview.

U think UV can do better ?

DKSG

bargain hunter
18-01-13, 23:48
like u, i voted for q bay, see the voters above. :D but more people still voted for UV for now.

CNA only reported 210 out of 630 leh. that's 1/3. not half yet leh. but should easily cross half by this weekend.

No need to vote, no need to guess.

QBay sold nearly half of the 600 units in the development.
Not launched units hor ... its total!

First day of preview.

U think UV can do better ?

DKSG

DKSG
19-01-13, 00:37
like u, i voted for q bay, see the voters above. :D but more people still voted for UV for now.

CNA only reported 210 out of 630 leh. that's 1/3. not half yet leh. but should easily cross half by this weekend.

When I was there at 4 plus it is already 250+ already ... and can see that OTPs are still getting churned out. Also, there is already a Q forming for release of stack 14 (1BR) (I think). So I reckon at least 280 will be done by end of today. Confirm 300 by end of the weekend.

Any hardworking investors around ?

DKSG

voizes
19-01-13, 08:04

What I heard is that they released about 50% of total units yesterday.

mcmlxxvi
19-01-13, 08:19
Good morning all! 水=财

Huattttttttttttttt ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

price
19-01-13, 09:15
Devilplate voted for Qbay:scared-5:

Cupcakes
19-01-13, 09:40
eh.. why buy 99 LH when the price are not much difference from FH 1 bedder??

Rosy
19-01-13, 09:42
eh.. why buy 99 LH when the price are not much difference from FH 1 bedder??
Which 2 projects you are comparing with?

bargain hunter
19-01-13, 09:43
oh well, difference of 1 or 2 days doesn't matter. :)

When I was there at 4 plus it is already 250+ already ... and can see that OTPs are still getting churned out. Also, there is already a Q forming for release of stack 14 (1BR) (I think). So I reckon at least 280 will be done by end of today. Confirm 300 by end of the weekend.

Any hardworking investors around ?

DKSG

thomastansb
19-01-13, 09:54
QBay is for human :p

Cupcakes
19-01-13, 10:02
Which 2 projects you are comparing with? any FH 1 bedder. I remember a few projects in serangoon and macpherson (along this area.) prices are not much difference

RCT
19-01-13, 17:25
What is the actual number sold in Qbay now? 30% or 50% or 70% or 80%

DKSG
19-01-13, 22:21
What is the actual number sold in Qbay now? 30% or 50% or 70% or 80%

News reported 260. But from my showflat visiting experience, the number should be 300+ by end of Monday.

More people will start visiting the showflats tomorrow.

Frasers/FEO is using one of the most potent marketing strategies this time round, they will likely cross the half way mark then slowly and discreetly remove a bit of the ABSD discount.

If you notice the 5% discount for some of the developments are now gone, replaced by the 3% during the Xmas to NY time.

DKSG

chiaberry
19-01-13, 23:19
I think they will reduce the discounts after a certain number of units are sold. When I was first eyeing a Trio unit, they had it listed as $1.08+ mill but later the price quoted went up to $1.11+.

bakasa2002
19-01-13, 23:28
News reported 260. But from my showflat visiting experience, the number should be 300+ by end of Monday.

More people will start visiting the showflats tomorrow.

Frasers/FEO is using one of the most potent marketing strategies this time round, they will likely cross the half way mark then slowly and discreetly remove a bit of the ABSD discount.

If you notice the 5% discount for some of the developments are now gone, replaced by the 3% during the Xmas to NY time.

DKSG

Was there about 4+, heard 3-4 units called out as sold and clapping occur each time, remind me of Eco...:doh:

kane
20-01-13, 00:27
I think they will reduce the discounts after a certain number of units are sold. When I was first eyeing a Trio unit, they had it listed as $1.08+ mill but later the price quoted went up to $1.11+.

that's pretty standard FEO style. if want to buy must buy on day 1 morning. when their inventory moves, they start to up price.

between the 2 i think i would prefer FEO over Fragrance.

DKSG
20-01-13, 01:12
Was there about 4+, heard 3-4 units called out as sold and clapping occur each time, remind me of Eco...:doh:

This one is typical Huttons' Gangnam Style... haha!

Has an effect on potential buyers, gives people a sense of urgency.
Coupled with repeated statements like "the unit you are eyeing, many are eyeing too!"

For price inching up, thats the same for ALL developers. They have shareholders to answer to.

DKSG

DKSG
21-01-13, 14:06
From BT :

The Frasers Centrepoint-led consortium that included Far East Organisation sold an "encouraging" 315 units out of its 630 during its first weekend on the market. This includes the 210 units moved during last Friday's preview.

My "prediction" is correct wor!

DKSG

Sam88
21-01-13, 14:12
From BT :

The Frasers Centrepoint-led consortium that included Far East Organisation sold an "encouraging" 315 units out of its 630 during its first weekend on the market. This includes the 210 units moved during last Friday's preview.

My "prediction" is correct wor!

DKSG

just curious, dksg, why did you vote qbay instead of uv? any reasons?