PDA

View Full Version : Owners are fearful - proven by 7000 views within 12 hours of my maiden thread

economist
21-01-13, 21:33
OK, now, my first thread has garnered around 7000 views within 12 hours, with more than 10 pages of reply. What does this tell us?
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=16552

Lots of forumers here who are owners with vested interest (well, probably including myself) have deep inner fear of a price decline, and they can't help by checking who the desperate owners are and whether the market really starts going down, it's going to freak out lots of people here...

Another explanation is of course I'm probably quite handsome when I write posts.

Jokes aside, thanks for the interest in replying, and,

To those forum readers who are only buyers, do take note that a lot of views expressed here are biased, as they have vested interest. You will see the proof from the replies to this post and my maiden thread.

leesg123
21-01-13, 21:51
U r a very interesting economist! Thanks for entertaining everyone with your post! :cheers5:

ahkongkid
21-01-13, 21:52
OK, now, my first thread has garnered around 7000 views within 12 hours, with more than 10 pages of reply. What does this tell us?

Lots of forumers here who are owners with vested interest (well, probably including myself) have deep inner fear of a price decline, and they can't help by checking who the desperate owners are and whether the market really starts going down, it's going to freak out lots of people here...

Another explanation is of course I'm probably quite handsome when I write posts.

To those forum readers who are only buyers, do take note that a lot of views expressed here are biased, as they have vested interest. You will see the proof from the replies to this post and my maiden thread.

How many agents are there in Singapore? :doh:

economist
21-01-13, 22:09
More than 30,000.

As at 1 January 2012, the CEA had licensed 1,487 estate agents and registered 30,577 salespersons.

How many agents are there in Singapore? :doh:

FREDDIE
21-01-13, 22:16

Where you get the data? 700 viewers?

3C
21-01-13, 22:16

Fearful of what? As long as you don't lose the 2 iron balls, there is nothing to fear. Take it easy.

DKSG
21-01-13, 22:19
Fearful of what? As long as you don't lose the 2 iron balls, there is nothing to fear. Take it easy.

It will certainly help if my this post is the LAST LAST LAST LAST entry of this thread.

This will stop those low end human beings from spreading emo stuff and help the forum as a whole to focus on FACTS, FIGURES and OBSERVATIONS.

DKSG

economist
21-01-13, 22:20
Now it is 7,423
Click on " General Condominium Property News & Discussion", which is:
http://forums.condosingapore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=96
You will see a column of number of "views".

Where you get the data? 700 viewers?

ZeeWee
21-01-13, 22:21
eh.. does that mean if I start a thread on a new launch project and maybe lets say 7000 views also.. means all interested to buy?

I did checked out your thread.. not that im fearful of price decline or wanting to see who are the desperate sellers.. but curious on what is your rationale for starting that thread and this.. I was expecting better rationale reasoning and sharing from the Thread Started but guess I expected too much

Anyway good sharing from everyone

economist
21-01-13, 22:25
DKSG, stop using attacking words, you would be the low-class one if you continue use such words.

Emotion is an important factor to consider when we do investment, u ever heard things like market sentiment?

anyway, I should not have bothered to reply to you, as it's my rule not to argue with people who tend to use attacking words on others or people who use vulgar words.

sabian
21-01-13, 22:26
More will be coming out of the woodwork.

sunrise
21-01-13, 22:32
:expert:
Mr.B showed color leow.

economist
21-01-13, 22:32
I would guess the interest level in that particular project must be quite high, if 7000 views are gather fairly quickly, say within half a day. Just a guess...

eh.. does that mean if I start a thread on a new launch project and maybe lets say 7000 views also.. means all interested to buy?

kane
21-01-13, 22:48
bear wear bear lens, bull wear bull lens. a bear sees 7000 desperate bulls, a bull sees 7000 desperate bears.

so it all depends which camp you are on.

over and out.

ahkongkid
21-01-13, 23:11
Aiyo dont try to stir e emotions of ppl whose ricebowls are at stake. Sure kena tsunami of abuse:cheers5:

kane
21-01-13, 23:37
Aiyo dont try to stir e emotions of ppl whose ricebowls are at stake. Sure kena tsunami of abuse:cheers5:

No, not stirring, just reminding the readers that our hopes don't alter the course of reality.

solsys
22-01-13, 00:29
This thread is not making history, but becoming history in 3 mths time.

Khng8
22-01-13, 06:14
I think both DKSG & economist is speaking with conviction.
It can heated quickly when you hear views against your conviction.
No hard feelings so just act according to your conviction.
The market is always there to prove whoever is right.
Cheers!

blackjack21trader
22-01-13, 06:16

CHIOKAPENG LA

blackjack21trader
22-01-13, 06:19

WOAHAHAAHAHHAHAHHAH...FUNNY !

KA NI GONG, NI MAI TIA

MAI TU LIAO !

blackjack21trader
22-01-13, 06:42
WOAHAHAAHAHHAHAHHAH...FUNNY !

KA NI GONG, NI MAI TIA

MAI TU LIAO !

Why people believe in academics but not in MY THIRD EYE leh?

WOAHAHAHAHAHHHEHEHEH

Ringo33
22-01-13, 06:48

maidan post from one of your many forum account perhaps.

Laguna
22-01-13, 07:00
很多一厢情愿的人在这儿

felicia_sg
22-01-13, 07:18
Many people waiting & hoping private propery prices to crash!

Be very careful of what they wish for!
If private crash, Hdb sure crash. Hdb crash & they still can't upgrade :doh:

So if we know always 20% people make the most money, always go against the 80% & and follow the 20%.

很多一厢情愿的人在这儿

roly8
22-01-13, 07:27
1) owner who did his homework & have cash buffer to hold for long term..
good cashflow to continue to play the game! :D

2) owner who jump in blindly based on speculation and 'hope' to be rewarded from the bull run.. you don't know when to exit? jialat lah! :doh:

greed have no boundary ..
:scared-5::scared-5:

nav14
22-01-13, 07:33
Looks like if there is anyone fearful it is "Economist". Fearful that prices will not decline enough or you may miss the boat yet again to get your dream house.

Economist should not worry too much about about those invested heavily in the property market. Even if prices decline by 50%, majority will get through it unscathed.

The ones who should worry are those waiting to invest, hoping for proces to decline substantially but may end up missing the boat again if prices do not decline to their dream levels

eng81157
22-01-13, 07:36
It will certainly help if my this post is the LAST LAST LAST LAST entry of this thread.

This will stop those low end human beings from spreading emo stuff and help the forum as a whole to focus on FACTS, FIGURES and OBSERVATIONS.

DKSG

chill lah, ah B was doing it all these years but the market kept going up.

Doom
22-01-13, 07:50
Don't be afraid of being scared. To be scared is a sign of common sense. Only idiots are not afraid of anything. To refuse to admit being scared is also counterproductive.

howgozit
22-01-13, 08:28

Thanks for your insight. I think you have a lot of merit in your discussion.

However, wrt the high number of views, I don't think it has anything to do with desperate buyers or sellers. But just a general interest.

Bear in mind that the thread with highest number of views "Propert Prices are Coming down Fast" at 700,000+ views over nearly 2 years ago have still failed deliver on its many predictions and projections. In fact it has property prices have grown even higher since it was first posted.

This goes to show that a high view count does necessarily mean desperate people with vested interest.

Kelonguni
22-01-13, 08:34
I hope skeptics of the real estate are right though. I am waiting at the sidelines, intention only to buy some more and not to sell. Looking forward to when MMs cost 200k and average sized PCs cost half a mil. That will also be when all CMs are removed, just for me to buy low.

Yummy yummy.

economist
22-01-13, 08:54
Some talked about the hope of a market crash, no no no, that is never my intention, neither my hope. If you read carefully, all I said is the residential market will tilt towards the buyers due to larger reduction of demand than reduction of supply, and there maybe some price declines, market crash is less likely in the low rate environment, barring external shocks. It is also possible that you are going to see a two-tied performance, whereby those mass market (for example, quantum below 1.5m) will see less decline due to the strong presence of first-timers, while those slightly more expensive ones will see larger price decline as it is not usually for the first-timers, and all buyers except first-timers are affected.

And can some forumers stop linking me to some others? Their minds must be entrenched to the belief that there is only 1 bear in the forum dominated by bulls (owners with vested interest). And it doesn't make sense keep talking about missing the boat, what goes up must come down, we as investors do our own homework on when to exit some and when to buy more.

jeaprp
22-01-13, 08:59
I hope skeptics of the real estate are right though. I am waiting at the sidelines, intention only to buy some more and not to sell. Looking forward to when MMs cost 200k and average sized PCs cost half a mil. That will also be when all CMs are removed, just for me to buy low.

Yummy yummy.

Wait long long, haha:cool:

ekl2ekl2
22-01-13, 09:04
Some talked about the hope of a market crash, no no no, that is never my intention, neither my hope. If you read carefully, all I said is the residential market will tilt towards the buyers due to larger reduction of demand than reduction of supply, and there maybe some price declines, market crash is less likely in the low rate environment, barring external shocks. It is also possible that you are going to see a two-tied performance, whereby those mass market (for example, quantum below 1.5m) will see less decline due to the strong presence of first-timers, while those slightly more expensive ones will see larger price decline as it is not usually for the first-timers, and all buyers except first-timers are affected.

And can some forumers stop linking me to some others? Their minds must be entrenched to the belief that there is only 1 bear in the forum dominated by bulls (owners with vested interest). And it doesn't make sense keep talking about missing the boat, what goes up must come down, we as investors do our own homework on when to exit some and when to buy more.

Sensible points and agree. However, your thread title "Owners are fearful" may not be a correct depiction and interpretation, thats why some are upset.

lajia
22-01-13, 09:11
macro economic situation doesn't change much or should i say, it should be getting better each day. Hence, if it is so easy for garmen to tilt the market and force the price reduction in property, then it is as easy to tilt it back with release of CMs when they see it necessary, the price drop is not their intention as always. only to pull back the BULL so that it is so called afforable for the first timer which they are trying to take care of...:2cents:
therefore, seize your chance!:o

"Owner are fearful" this are unfounded and should not be used as subject title as it resemble someone in history in this forum...:D

when i see this i was curious to drop by, not that im fearful....:doh:

economist
22-01-13, 09:33
Thanks for agreeing. Yes, the title of "fearful" is quite an exaggeration as I can see some are really just curious.

howgozit
22-01-13, 10:01
An alarmist title always grabs the attention of the forummers.

howgozit
22-01-13, 10:17
Anyway property "investment" has lost its meaning for the past couple of years already.

People who have been buying lately don't really know what to do with their money, that's why they put it into property believing it to be safer. (Mainly a lot of auntie uncles and wannabe Yuppies). At current psfs l wonder if these people can break even the returns with rentals when these properties TOP over the next few years.

Many believe that rental is a given and project their instalment payments with an expected rental income. I think many will be disappointed.

I do not know if the property market will go up or down. But if a person with an average intelligence were to use his calculator to punch in the numbers, he will realise that it doesn't make a lot of business sense to buy now.

Rysk
22-01-13, 11:12

You know why??

Cos many many ppl are glad to know that the long MIA TWIST & TURN cum DIVERT ATTENTION EXPERT MR B finally is back!! So they can continue to hamtam him:D

Rysk
22-01-13, 11:14
An alarmist title always grabs the attention of the forummers.
That's what Economist (aka MR B) is good at!! :D

economist
22-01-13, 11:15
Looks like some people will still link me to others, doesn't matter how I explained, like talking to a wall?

economist
22-01-13, 11:17
Wasting too much time here liao...

fclim
22-01-13, 11:47
Wasting too much time here liao...

Ya... STOP wasting time here and be smug about how many views your posts garner.

Go make some real money, ok?

economist
22-01-13, 11:48
busy making real money now...

Doom
22-01-13, 12:01
There may be losers aplently, around us, among us.
A loser:
- displays hostility or aggression that's usually unwarranted and unreasonable
- has a restricted range of conversation
- has a cruel sense of humor
- has no interest in constructive engagement
- indulges in juvenile attempts to win the attention and affection of others, and this at all cost!

Rysk
22-01-13, 13:26
busy making real money now...

Last time MR B also said the same thing.. say what busy short here short there making $$.. but still a FAILURE when comes to pty market :D

rockinsg
22-01-13, 15:26

When there is a new circus in town.People are just curious to see who the new clown is.:D
Clown shouldn't think he is a superhero right?:doh:

economist
22-01-13, 15:46
deleted, feeling lazy

hopeful
22-01-13, 15:54
where is mcmlxxvi?
whenever he disappears, another interesting persona comes up.

ahkongkid
22-01-13, 16:21
When there is a new circus in town.People are just curious to see who the new clown is.:D

Lol. Economist u r asking for it la. Wanna stir the pot of cold porridge making up so many of forummers' rice bowls. All sort of insults will come your way. :scared-1:

U better change ur story to say all buyers desperate. That may save your skin. :doh:

3C
22-01-13, 16:24
1) owner who did his homework & have cash buffer to hold for long term..
good cashflow to continue to play the game! :D

2) owner who jump in blindly based on speculation and 'hope' to be rewarded from the bull run.. you don't know when to exit? jialat lah! :doh:

greed have no boundary ..
:scared-5::scared-5:

Agreed. But the fact is there used to be more 2 than 1. However with an more educated population and with the expert advise from this e-forum, I think it is the other way round now. So those who are waiting for panic spider sale may have to wait a little while more. As I learnt from some guru here after studying all the analysis, the final obstacle for first timer is still to have iron balls to jump in. For my first, I cannot sleep and eat for 2 weeks. For my friend who waited since 2006 and hesitated,the state has increased. He now needs bigger balls to go in, otherwise be patient & wait. After all already waited 6 years.

zeamybro
22-01-13, 16:26
where is mcmlxxvi?

I last heard he has found himself a job and has less time for the forum already :cheers2:

economist
22-01-13, 16:27
ha ha, I understand. I actually wanted to say some more, but just deleted it, no point, too much vested interest and too much bias.

Lol. Economist u r asking for it la. Wanna stir the pot of cold porridge making up so many of forummers' rice bowls. All sort of insults will come your way. :scared-1:

U better change ur story to say all buyers desperate. That may save your skin. :doh:

Dragonfly
22-01-13, 16:30
Agreed. But the fact is there used to be more 2 than 1. However with an more educated population and with the expert advise from this e-forum, I think it is the other way round now. So those who are waiting for panic spider sale may have to wait a little while more. As I learnt from some guru here after studying all the analysis, the final obstacle for first timer is still to have iron balls to jump in. For my first, I cannot sleep and eat for 2 weeks. For my friend who waited since 2006 and hesitated,the state has increased. He now needs bigger balls to go in, otherwise be patient & wait. After all already waited 6 years.

Your friend has been waiting since 2006? I think he will continue to wait long long. :doh:

3C
22-01-13, 16:40
Your friend has been waiting since 2006? I think he will continue to wait long long. :doh:
He got an golden opportunity in 2008/9 Lehman crisis. Eyeing kovan residence 3 bedders for only 900k plus. But he thot will go down some more but who knows Ben let go aeroplane on him(QE1). Just 3 mths price reversed again. Sad for him.

spikey69
22-01-13, 16:48
don't feed the troll

buttercarp
22-01-13, 16:50
where is mcmlxxvi?

Hopeful, you go find out and let us know lah, since you are the master of exposé.

timmy
22-01-13, 16:56
Looks like some people will still link me to others, doesn't matter how I explained, like talking to a wall?

Just ignore those unconstructive comments. Your analysis is sound just that the header seems like what Marc Faber and Andy Xie like to use.

zzz1
22-01-13, 20:42
bear wear bear lens, bull wear bull lens. a bear sees 7000 desperate bulls, a bull sees 7000 desperate bears.

so it all depends which camp you are on.

over and out.
Well said..:)

felicia_sg
22-01-13, 20:57
Think my theory is correct?
"Propert Prices are Coming down Fast" has 700,000+ views within 2 years, means most afraid of crash, means they are the 80% always wrong, so I bet the other way follow the 20% to make money. :p
Fact is, there are still many who are afraid of crash.
If I see bull thread like "Propert Prices are Going UP Fast" has 700,000+ views within 2 years, then may be time to sell? :D

Thanks for your insight. I think you have a lot of merit in your discussion.

However, wrt the high number of views, I don't think it has anything to do with desperate buyers or sellers. But just a general interest.

Bear in mind that the thread with highest number of views "Propert Prices are Coming down Fast" at 700,000+ views over nearly 2 years ago have still failed deliver on its many predictions and projections. In fact it has property prices have grown even higher since it was first posted.

This goes to show that a high view count does necessarily mean desperate people with vested interest.

Paulder
22-01-13, 21:16
I really find it amazing how some bros here, with apparently years of experience in investment, ie quite old, can make silly and childish comments and downright low level personal insults.

There can only be one person who think market will go down and that is Mr B? All the other people must think prices must go up?

Like some mentioned here, our words in this forum will determine the market price?

Come on, it is one thing to disagree with a point and another to be outright rude. And I associate such level of rudeness to a very strong sense of fear of a market crash.

I still vaguely remember the high number of suicide cases around my block in 97-98 period. I also sincerely hope nothing of that sort will happen ever again.

3C
22-01-13, 22:16
I really find it amazing how some bros here, with apparently years of experience in investment, ie quite old, can make silly and childish comments and downright low level personal insults.

There can only be one person who think market will go down and that is Mr B? All the other people must think prices must go up?

Like some mentioned here, our words in this forum will determine the market price?

Come on, it is one thing to disagree with a point and another to be outright rude. And I associate such level of rudeness to a very strong sense of fear of a market crash.

I still vaguely remember the high number of suicide cases around my block in 97-98 period. I also sincerely hope nothing of that sort will happen ever again.

Young man, I dont know how old are you but certainly no weight yet to give such comments.

The title of this thread itself is already an insult to the old timers here. Never show respect to our sifu. Cant you see the underlining meaning. It is not a matter of fear or not. What investment got no fear one?? Please tell me. To further add salt to the wound what must he mentioned the 7000 viewers.

How not to suspect him as Mr B with is this kind of titles. Go and look at the 3 tiltes again including Mr B.

Paulder
22-01-13, 23:45
Young man, I dont know how old are you but certainly no weight yet to give such comments.

The title of this thread itself is already an insult to the old timers here. Never show respect to our sifu. Cant you see the underlining meaning. It is not a matter of fear or not. What investment got no fear one?? Please tell me. To further add salt to the wound what must he mentioned the 7000 viewers.

How not to suspect him as Mr B with is this kind of titles. Go and look at the 3 tiltes again including Mr B.

Definitely, regardless of my number of posts or experience in properties, I'm no where near the old timer gurus here. I also don't have much contributions and can only read and benefit from the many sifus here. And I believe the sifus here don't mind sharing either.

But I don't think my objection of derogatory remarks require that I have a lot of weight before I can post?

I have read through Mr B's earlier posts and even as inexperience as I am, I can see the vast difference in writing style and tone. I don't think it is fair to label them as the same person just because they share the same sentiments. If that is the case, then would all of the pro-market gurus here be clones of the same person as well?

To a certain extent, from the many intense response, I can't help but have the same feel that there is much fear amongst those with vested interest. So much that they are all jumping on TS hoping to shut his "black bird mouth"

But I must say, personally, I do not think there will be much adverse effects on the market in the near term given the low probability of any major shocks in the world currently.

DKSG
23-01-13, 00:43

Thats why I say, ignore the words like desperate, anxious, fearful, blah blah blah.

Look at the numbers, looks at the number of people in the showflats, understand the kind of money people are holding, see what things they are buying.

thats more constructive.

Anyway, I am saying this against my interest but for the good of the readers, I also hope price can correct a bit so that I can invest a bit more.

But I am also rationale and from all the showflats visits, resale viewings, talking to developers, bankers, agents, understand where the market is heading.

BJ is right, say so much also no use, wait for March 2013. We will know by then.

DKSG

Rysk
23-01-13, 06:57

Is confirmed.. that.. Economist (aka MR B) :D

kane
23-01-13, 07:48
When the forum is like a ghost town, no one can be bothered about properties, that is when owners are fearful. Don't even need to say out.

nav14
23-01-13, 07:59
Definitely, regardless of my number of posts or experience in properties, I'm no where near the old timer gurus here. I also don't have much contributions and can only read and benefit from the many sifus here. And I believe the sifus here don't mind sharing either.

But I don't think my objection of derogatory remarks require that I have a lot of weight before I can post?

I have read through Mr B's earlier posts and even as inexperience as I am, I can see the vast difference in writing style and tone. I don't think it is fair to label them as the same person just because they share the same sentiments. If that is the case, then would all of the pro-market gurus here be clones of the same person as well?

To a certain extent, from the many intense response, I can't help but have the same feel that there is much fear amongst those with vested interest. So much that they are all jumping on TS hoping to shut his "black bird mouth"

But I must say, personally, I do not think there will be much adverse effects on the market in the near term given the low probability of any major shocks in the world currently.

I doubt that the experienced long term investors are expecting prices to go up only in one direction. Many of us look forward to timely breathers and price declines to take some steam off from the market and provide oppurtunities to get additional properties.
If prices do crash (>20%) , then I am sure it has got to do with some major economic event which will affect not just the property investors but all segments of the society. Majority will feel the impact whether you have 5 properties or 0 property.

nav14
23-01-13, 08:04
Is confirmed.. that.. Economist (aka MR B) :D

If Economist is indeed Mr B, then let's not give him the privilege of making himself feel important by having this thread to exceed 1000 posts like the previous one that Mr B started.
We should just ignore him and stop responding.

nav14
23-01-13, 08:06

I doubt that the experienced long term investors are expecting prices to go up only in one direction. Many of us look forward to timely breathers and price declines to take some steam off from the market and provide oppurtunities to get additional properties.
If prices do crash (>20%) , then I am sure it has got to do with some major economic event which will affect not just the property investors but all segments of the society. Majority will feel the impact whether you have 5 properties or 0 property.

Doom
23-01-13, 08:21
As a newcomer to the forum, it's interesting to see that the bulls are everywhere and they tend to be aggressive and angry. Why so? Rice bowl at stake? Natural instinct to protect and defend? Natural response to perceived threats? Some chemical in the brain that triggers an outlandish outburst? Calm down folks (bulls I mean). The bears do not mean any harm. There are signs that the bulls are rattled. Very rattled.

Shanhz
23-01-13, 08:39
As a newcomer to the forum, it's interesting to see that the bulls are everywhere and they tend to be aggressive and angry. Why so? Rice bowl at stake? Natural instinct to protect and defend? Natural response to perceived threats? Some chemical in the brain that triggers an outlandish outburst? Calm down folks (bulls I mean). The bears do not mean any harm. There are signs that the bulls are rattled. Very rattled.

another Jan 2013. :eek:

3C
23-01-13, 08:41
As a newcomer to the forum, it's interesting to see that the bulls are everywhere and they tend to be aggressive and angry. Why so? Rice bowl at stake? Natural instinct to protect and defend? Natural response to perceived threats? Some chemical ino the brain that triggers an outlandish outburst? Calm down folks (bulls I mean). The bears do not mean any harm. There are signs that the bulls are rattled. Very rattled.
No need to declare you are newcomer. We know who you are. Anyway not interested. No lah what outburst, scare you only lah...many of us drinking kopi when responding to you clowns.
chiokapeng....hahaha.

Paulder
23-01-13, 08:43
When the forum is like a ghost town, no one can be bothered about properties, that is when owners are fearful. Don't even need to say out.

This is quite true. "Like"

jeaprp
23-01-13, 08:48

Just curious, is the identity of the person posting here very important ???
we are just here to TCSS , so y bother by who post what here.
do u make a decision just becos of some posts here,
thought there will be many more other considerations:cool:
pls don' shoot me hor,
huat ah

Paulder
23-01-13, 08:51

Thanks for your post bro nav14, exactly my thoughts too! With the vast experience in property investments, I'm thinking all the shifus must have gone through big wind and big waves, and are mentally and financially prepared to weather any storm that comes (touch wood).

Thus i dun really understand why are some of them are so rattled by comments in this forum.

Chill

sh
23-01-13, 08:55
don't think Economist is Mr B.... style very different..

no cut and paste...
no big red fonts...
no vulgarities...

:2cents:

Welcome alternative viewpoints... interpretation of number of viewers is also up to individual... make your own conclusions.

economist
23-01-13, 09:02
It's partly because of the fear, partly because they have used to flatter each other and sing the same songs.

Sentiment has a great play in how the market moves.

Thus i dun really understand why are some of them are so rattled by comments in this forum.

economist
23-01-13, 09:06
Yesterday I was quite angry to see a few disrespectful people posting insulting words, but taking another look at all those posts now, I actually feel they are quite funny.

There are many kinds of people here, I really don't have the obligation to teach them all, or to correct their behaviors.

Wise people will be able to understand anyway.

jeaprp
23-01-13, 09:19
Yesterday I was quite angry to see a few disrespectful people posting insulting words, but taking another look at all those posts now, I actually feel they are quite funny.

There are many kinds of people here, I really don't have the obligation to teach them all, or to correct their behaviors.

No need to correct or teach, we're all adults.
and we're responsible for our actions.
U think smokers don't know smoking is bad, then y they still smoke.
u want to correct them meh???:cool:

indomie
23-01-13, 09:22

I welcome any logical discussion with u. Please state your position and your reasoning behind it.

nav14
23-01-13, 09:24

I do not see those signs that you perceive to be seeing. If anything looking at the number of newcomers here like yourself coming out of the closet and posting aggressively , sems like those with no vested interest but dream of buying a cheap property are getting very anxious, hoping they will finally see their dream come true. Well if you guys think price declines of 10% will make your dream come true then you will likely end up being happy but if you are dreaming of a big crash, then keep on dreaming.

Doom
23-01-13, 09:28
No need to declare you are newcomer. We know who you are. Anyway not interested. No lah what outburst, scare you only lah...many of us drinking kopi when responding to you clowns.
chiokapeng....hahaha.

In primary and secondary school, we used to call each other clowns. Then we progressed to JC and University, and the vocabularly and the language became more refined. I haven''t heard an adult calling others "clowns" for a long, long time. Thanks for bringing back the memories of my school days!

nav14
23-01-13, 09:34
Thanks for your post bro nav14, exactly my thoughts too! With the vast experience in property investments, I'm thinking all the shifus must have gone through big wind and big waves, and are mentally and financially prepared to weather any storm that comes (touch wood).

Chill

I personally do not see many of them (those who are rattled) here. The few who may display such signs may not be in this game long enough. In fact I am seeing more anxious bears coming out from the woods.

Simi
23-01-13, 09:34
I do not see those signs that you perceive to be seeing. If anything looking at the number of newcomers here like yourself coming out of the closet and posting aggressively , sems like those with no vested interest but dream of buying a cheap property are getting very anxious, hoping they will finally see their dream come true. Well if you guys think price declines of 10% will make your dream come true then you will likely end up being happy but if you are dreaming of a big crash, then keep on dreaming.

Yalor

early 1997 when bought my 2nd property

many people were shouting DOOM doom doom

and they have been shouting from then to now

deaf ear liao :D

probably they will be correct one day but donch know when will be that day
as we are in the Golden Age

Debt Ceiling this March ?
It will be resolved like the Fiscal Cliff

those guys like to do last minute wan

ekl2ekl2
23-01-13, 09:35

Just to share that once I asked a simple question in another forum and didnt realise it was a Bear thread (didnt know there is such a thing as Bear & Bull then) and got descended upon by Big Bears, Ouch!

However, you must agree that this is a very nice forum compared to some of the other forums in the net. There are naturally many kind of personalities and occasionally some may appear discourteous but we must learn to take these in our stride bec they must have meant well. Shifus may be able to see things that we don't and disagree with.

As owners and/or would be owners, there is a common bond here, everyone is helping each other with data, info and their observations, in the hope that we all can ride the ups and downs of the property wave together. No doubt there are biases of opinion and like all internet info, we all know there are disclaimers and we read and make our own decision and interpretation.

Doom
23-01-13, 09:41

Actually I am beginning to get the drift. You guys are really decent folks. Just that you fall short when it comes to articulating your thoughts and stringing together words which carry a message and make a reasonable point. So you unintentionally end up coming across as flaming, insulting and ranting.

nav14
23-01-13, 09:45
Yalor

Those who are hoping for a crash and hoping to pick up a property cheap should look at the price movements in 2008 post Lehman. My only advice is set a price target and go in despite how bleak the outlook will be. But unfortunately many who have been waiting for years will not be able to act. Prices decline by 20% and you will say why not 30%. Before you know it, prices are back to square one and you will be left waiting for another 10 years. Look at the 2008 charts and see the volume when prices declined and you will know what i mean. So those wishing for a big bear market may end up wishing forever.

hopeful
23-01-13, 09:47
why must bears try to act hero and give warnings?
if bulls die, it is their business.
if some overextended bulls die, that when other people can buy cheaper.

i think some "sifus" very 'evil'. they know very well what come up will go down, and yet they continue to post super bullish articles so that sentiment remain bullish, at least in the forum.

as for myself, i am also 'evil', just not as 'evil' as the super bullish "sifus" - i only keep quiet and wish other bears also keep quiet.

nav14
Actually I am beginning to get the drift. You guys are really decent folks. Just that you fall short when it comes to articulating your thoughts and stringing together words which carry a message and make a reasonable point. So you unintentionally end up coming across as flaming, insulting and ranting.

Quite obvious you are a young wannabe, so the anxiety is understandable.

Rosy
To be fair, TS is already being disrespectful for creating such titles. Such titles are intentionally created to feed his agenda and apparently many had fallen for it.

nav14
23-01-13, 09:52
Yalor

Those who are hoping for a crash and hoping to pick up a property cheap should look at the price movements in 2008 post Lehman. My only advice is set a price target and go in despite how bleak the outlook will be. But unfortunately many who have been waiting for years will not be able to act. Prices decline by 20% and you will say why not 30%. Before you know it, prices are back to square one and you will be left waiting for another 10 years. Look at the 2008 charts and see the volume when prices declined and you will know what i mean. So those wishing for a big bear market may end up wishing forever.

Doom
23-01-13, 09:52
There was a restaurant that opened in an empty bank building and then advertised: “Put your mouth where your money was.”

Today my money and my mouth both say equities.

economist
23-01-13, 10:04
These people are not going to like my posts.

i think some "sifus" very 'evil'. they know very well what come up will go down, and yet they continue to post super bullish articles so that sentiment remain bullish, at least in the forum.

hopeful
23-01-13, 10:11
i also dont like your posts. just keep quiet will you and dont try to act hero by warning/reminding people.
i also wish people like leesg123, wind30 keep quiet about their bearishness.

Sam88
23-01-13, 10:24
i also dont like your posts. just keep quiet will you and dont try to act hero by warning/reminding people.
i also wish people like leesg123, wind30 keep quiet about their bearishness.

i thought you indonesian and not vested in singapore?
if i were indonesian, will be buying jakarta properties. you can check with indomie.

Rysk
23-01-13, 11:25

Definitely.. nobody like MR B's post..

From the title alone.. already can tell :D

From
"Property price is coming down fast"
to
"Many property owners are desperate..."
to
"Owners are fearful - proven by 7000 views within 12 hours of my maiden thread"

PN
23-01-13, 11:26
Relax folks.
Got time come SS in my thread. :ashamed1:
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=16369

indomie
23-01-13, 11:49
i thought you indonesian and not vested in singapore?
if i were indonesian, will be buying jakarta properties. you can check with indomie.
Too expensive liao... House now cost from 5 billion rupiah (600k sgd). Shop house now 10 billion already. U must be a big shark to play in this pond (its flooding now). Better kuai kuai and pay the absd in sg and sign for the loan.

roly8
23-01-13, 13:16
Too expensive liao... House now cost from 5 billion rupiah (600k sgd). Shop house now 10 billion already. U must be a big shark to play in this pond (its flooding now). Better kuai kuai and pay the absd in sg and sign for the loan.

indonesia got potential leh

3C
24-01-13, 08:27

From
to
to
Wow! Rysk I like this post.
Fantastic.

Rysk
24-01-13, 08:40
Wow! Rysk I like this post.
Fantastic.

Can I start with..

"TS who is a long term tenant are fearful - cos cannot tahan paying rental anymore" :D

Tek888
24-01-13, 08:43

From
to
to

This forum don't have "ignore" button?

Rysk
26-01-13, 14:53

Helo MR B (aka David Lim aka economist),
Your first two thread (below) even better..
From 2008.. Owners feared when Luxus Hills $1.6-mio.. fear till now Luxus Hills $3-mio.. Owners still fear leh.. :D
http://www.sg-house.com/classifieds/buy-and-sell-private-apartment-condominium/1243648-price-decreasing-for-singapore-property-287.html
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=12285&page=1608

sunrise
26-01-13, 16:00
Helo MR B (aka David Lim aka economist),
Your first two thread (below) even better..
From 2008.. Owners feared when Luxus Hills $1.6-mio.. fear till now Luxus Hills $3-mio.. Owners still fear leh.. :D
http://www.sg-house.com/classifieds/buy-and-sell-private-apartment-condominium/1243648-price-decreasing-for-singapore-property-287.html
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=12285&page=1608

Mr.B going to showhand soon. his lastest moves also kena hamtam terok terok. :D

DKSG
26-01-13, 16:29
Mr.B going to showhand soon. his lastest moves also kena hamtam terok terok. :D

It is obvious that owners are fearful la!

Now, once sell, cannot invest further already~!

Like I said many months back, commercial will be the next segment to focus on.

Those who read and followed - well done!

Those reading this - you still got a chance, the increase is not too significant, there is still a chance. This is the same as people who bought bay facing The Sail at $1,500 from the original owners (who bought at $1,200).

Good Luck!

Dont EVER EVER let other people instill fear in you.

And for those intending to instill fear - dont be so fearful. Got money all make.

Those who MTB, the next boat is still not too bad.

DKSG

hyenergix
26-01-13, 19:00

Those reading this - you still got a chance, the increase is not too significant, there is still a chance. This is the same as people who bought bay facing The Sail at $1,500 from the original owners (who bought at $1,200).

Good Luck!

And for those intending to instill fear - dont be so fearful. Got money all make.

DKSG

U r making it sound like rental will continue to rise. This will drive inflation. Quite scary. I think another cooling measure is on e way for commercial prop this year.

teddybear
26-01-13, 21:02
If PAP loses Punggol East by-election, a big factor may be because of the drastic property cooling measure!
Remember, >90% of citizens own their properties. Most of these group don't want cooling measures that will cause their property prices to crash. If PAP is going to learn a lesson, they better remember this.

The way to go for PAP when people complains about expensive properties is to sell new HDB flats cheap cheap to the first-timers, and don't meddle with the resale properties market! :doh:
People who already bought a cheap HDB first-time has no right to complain, and they have no right to complain about private property prices. Govt job is to provide cheap public housing, and not private housing. If they want luxury life in private properties, they better work hard for them! Otherwise, who want to work hard and a private property will be given to them? :tongue3:

U r making it sound like rental will continue to rise. This will drive inflation. Quite scary. I think another cooling measure is on e way for commercial prop this year.

kane
26-01-13, 21:44

Good Luck!

DKSG

for those MTB, the discount given now is actually making those first timers even better off before the latest CM.

teddybear
26-01-13, 22:06
Wow, my eyes popping out! WP wins more than 10% more than PAP in Punggol East by-election!
This is real anger shown by the people for all their property cooling measures on top of the poor public transport that is breaking down every month for MRT and long waiting time for buses! They want to please those miss-the-boat complainers making up of <10% of voters and anger all the rest? :banghead:

If PAP loses Punggol East by-election, a big factor may be because of the drastic property cooling measure!
Remember, >90% of citizens own their properties. Most of these group don't want cooling measures that will cause their property prices to crash. If PAP is going to learn a lesson, they better remember this.

The way to go for PAP when people complains about expensive properties is to sell new HDB flats cheap cheap to the first-timers, and don't meddle with the resale properties market! :doh:
People who already bought a cheap HDB first-time has no right to complain, and they have no right to complain about private property prices. Govt job is to provide cheap public housing, and not private housing. If they want luxury life in private properties, they better work hard for them! Otherwise, who want to work hard and a private property will be given to them? :tongue3:

hyenergix[/B] ]

wind30
26-01-13, 22:13

.......:doh:

wind30
26-01-13, 22:16
Wow, my eyes popping out! WP wins more than 10% more than PAP in Punggol East by-election!
This is real anger shown by the people for all their property cooling measures on top of the poor public transport that is breaking down every month for MRT and long waiting time for buses! They want to please those miss-the-boat complainers making up of <10% of voters and anger all the rest? :banghead:

Actually you are not making any sense at all... Did the property prices even fall yet??? If people are angry, how can they be angry over something that has not yet even happened. From the last I checked, the prices is still going up. Common sense will tell you if they are pissed of with anything, it is with the rising cost of housing.

teddybear
26-01-13, 23:11
Rising cost of housing?

If because of rising cost of new HDB, indeed it is PAP's fault! (since they form the govt and let new HDB prices run so high).

If because of cost of private housing, should they care? Why should they want to take care of 20% richest people living in private housing or the 5% or so affluent (getting richer) people aspiring to own a private property? Shouldn't they focus their attention to solve the housing problem of HDB flats for the majority of middle and lower income group? :p

And by the way, there is no need for prices to fall. Just look at the policies implemented and people are already boiling. The 90% citizens many owning properties want to sell their properties to foreigners & PRs at higher prices but the cooling measures not only discouraged foreigners and PRs from buying, and when they do buy, the extra money paid by buyer all goes into the Govt's pocket instead of the seller's pocket! :simmering:

Actually you are not making any sense at all... Did the property prices even fall yet??? If people are angry, how can they be angry over something that has not yet even happened. From the last I checked, the prices is still going up. Common sense will tell you if they are pissed of with anything, it is with the rising cost of housing.

hyenergix
26-01-13, 23:17

Ya right. Teddybear is v cute tonight.

chiaberry
26-01-13, 23:22
Yes.....people see so much money going into the govt's pocket in so many ways SSD/ABSD/COE/ERP that they :banghead: :simmering:

And yet there are still traffic jams, crowded trains, breaking down trains, bus drivers on strike.....ZZZzzzzz

taggy
26-01-13, 23:24
Yes.....people see so much money going into the govt's pocket in so many ways SSD/ABSD/COE/ERP that they :banghead: :simmering:

And yet there are still traffic jams, crowded trains, breaking down trains, bus drivers on strike.....ZZZzzzzz

like that ah... maybe they should now apologise and remove ssd & absd hor :D

proud owner
26-01-13, 23:27

Teddybear is right ...

if people are angry ..its becos they cant buy more ... its harder for them to buy another prop ....
its hard for first timer too ...HDB is so expensive ( even new ones)

why cant the govt understand this ?

as far as HDB is concerned ... the cost of constructing HDB flats is the same be it in Marseilin or Queenstown

the difference is cost of land use ....

since HDB flat is subsidized and meant for the lower income group ... do u think it is impt for sell flats in Dawson , a prime location?

having it priced so high ..and pushing up the rest of the regions ?

of course HDB is cheap compared to PC ... but to many ... who cares about PC ?
all they want is affordable HDBs...

prices up so much ... has their salary got up the same pct ?

kane
26-01-13, 23:27

you want to see property prices (public and private) rising 20% per year?

proud owner
26-01-13, 23:29
you want to see property prices (public and private) rising 20% per year?

yes if it is accompaned by the same 20 pct rise in salary

kane
26-01-13, 23:39
yes if it is accompaned by the same 20 pct rise in salary

honestly, how likely is that for majority of the population? lol.

you can be a star in the company and get that 20%. but the bell curve forces the rest of your colleagues to be in the 0-10% increment range.

majority will suffer.

proud owner
26-01-13, 23:43
honestly, how likely is that for majority of the population? lol.

you can be a star in the company and get that 20%. but the bell curve forces the rest of your colleagues to be in the 0-10% increment range.

majority will suffer.

precisely ...

so how ?

we are so used to this govt doing everything for us ... telling us what to do

but now inflation has gone way ahead of salary ....

and the people are at a loss ... cos this time the govt has not told them what to do

so they can only complain and show their unhappiness hitting the govt where it hurts ....that is ...this by election

Lemonlaw
26-01-13, 23:53
A piece of 10yrs leasehold COE cost close to 100k
A small 99yrs leasedhold condo at outskirts cost 1m

Well done...

DKSG
27-01-13, 01:03
A piece of 10yrs leasehold COE cost close to 100k
A small 99yrs leasedhold condo at outskirts cost 1m

Well done...

The means property is cheap ?
U can live in a condo, but not a car wor ..

DKSG

Lemonlaw
27-01-13, 01:08
The means property is cheap ?
U can live in a condo, but not a car wor ..

DKSG

Hello, we Atas Singaporean...stay condo...die die must drive lah.

Cannot Sia sway face one.:doh:

kane
27-01-13, 08:28
precisely ...

so how ?

we are so used to this govt doing everything for us ... telling us what to do

but now inflation has gone way ahead of salary ....

and the people are at a loss ... cos this time the govt has not told them what to do

so they can only complain and show their unhappiness hitting the govt where it hurts ....that is ...this by election

there were enough tips in this forum during the last few years where inflation was escalating. whether they picked it up it's up to them already.

hyenergix
27-01-13, 08:32

Your avatar is disturbing. Please change.

sherlock
27-01-13, 08:49
NO SSD and ABSD for SC! :cheers5:

teddybear
27-01-13, 08:52
Ai yoh, no wonder you complaining property expensive?

Drive must drive BMW 7 series or Mercedes S class or better still Ferrari or Lamborghini than not sia sway face?

You then need to eat in Restaurants every day or else sia sway face?

Give ang pao in CNY must wrap $1000 per packet otherwise sia sway face? :scared-2:

Please remember, property is an asset, an investment, so property is not expensive as long as they can increase in asset value, the others are not. And nobody ask you to buy condo, buy HDB if got not enough money, new BTO still cheap since 4rm HDB only $300k nia! :p
10 years ago, Fresh graduate $2200 pm, but HDB 4rm $250k in Sengkang.
Now fresh graduate $3300 pm, but HDB 4rm $300k in Sembawang. Still cheap compared to salary increase right?

Shanhz
27-01-13, 11:22
there were enough tips in this forum during the last few years where inflation was escalating. whether they picked it up it's up to them already.

too bad i only found this forum in apr 2012. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Rosy
27-01-13, 11:27
too bad i only found this forum in apr 2012. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Actually this forum may cause u to miss the boat instead.

Shanhz
27-01-13, 11:42
Actually this forum may cause u to miss the boat instead.

so you are saying that, if i am not in this forum now, i might not know i have MTB? so ignorance is bliss? :D

GIG
27-01-13, 11:49

Because of greedy people only thinking
Of themselves and to protect their own interest,
Who do not care of other people whether they have
The ability or not.
That is why these greedy people who
Only think of themselves should be taxed
As much as possible.
So that they cannot take other people
Without the ability for granted.

Unfortunately Singapore is too small and too peaceful,
Rich people taking adavantage of making it a
Money generating playground.

Sam88
27-01-13, 12:41
which country are u referring to that is great?
which country we can use as reference?

Because of greedy people only thinking
Of themselves and to protect their own interest,
Who do not care of other people whether they have
The ability or not.
That is why these greedy people who
Only think of themselves should be taxed
As much as possible.
So that they cannot take other people
Without the ability for granted.

Unfortunately Singapore is too small and too peaceful,
Rich people taking adavantage of making it a