PDA

View Full Version : Is it tough to rent out unit facing tennis court?

sunny88
23-01-13, 15:09
I am interested in a 2 bedder in District 9.

The unit is on a low floor and the living room and master bedroom faces the tennis court.

Does anyone have any feedback whether it will be difficult to rent out such a unit?

Lovelle
23-01-13, 15:16
tennis court got view...

puffer_fish
23-01-13, 15:26
depends on the tenant, my previous tenant complain aboout the noise during the weekend when the tennis court was fully booked from 7am till 9pm.

the noise too much for him.

but the current tenant is pretty ok with it.

sunny88
23-01-13, 15:31
I thought so too. But I remember some forummers in another thread complaining about noise from the tennis rackets hitting the balls..."pop, pop, pop!"

roly8
23-01-13, 15:34
why force yourself to choose such kind of unit?

face tennis court? :doh:

can give me pool view, at least?

puffer_fish
23-01-13, 15:37
can pm me what estate you looking at?

doing some research. thank you.

i also like swimming pool view but most swimming pool view is afternoon sun and will sun bake the unit

eng81157
23-01-13, 15:41
i am sure there are factors involved. e.g. lower your asking rent by 20% vs market, i am pretty confident you will have a tenant in no time

august
23-01-13, 16:34
why force yourself to choose such kind of unit?

face tennis court? :doh:

can give me pool view, at least?

wouldnt pool view be noisier than tennis court facing?

proud owner
23-01-13, 16:38
i personally dont like either of these views...

first noisy ...kids noise from 8 am onwards if face pool especially ... tennis court too ... pop pop pop

what more ..in the evening the tennis court lighting can be very glaring ...if your living faces it ... how to watch tv ? without pulling the curtains ..

roly8
23-01-13, 17:25

you are right. hahaha

what if i stay like 20+ level? still can hear or not? me never try before.. :o

ekl2ekl2
23-01-13, 17:43
depends on project and whether how well used are the courts (how many share 1 court?) So good to be there a few days to monitor

sherlock
23-01-13, 17:55
Can see Maria Sharapova-alike playing tennis in shorts :rolleyes:

zeamybro
23-01-13, 18:02
i personally dont like either of these views...

first noisy ...kids noise from 8 am onwards if face pool especially ... tennis court too ... pop pop pop

what more ..in the evening the tennis court lighting can be very glaring ...if your living faces it ... how to watch tv ? without pulling the curtains ..

me too, I don't like pool facing unit. I have a unit on the 15th floor and directly below my stack is a kids pool. Besides the splashing noise from the water features, I could hear v clearly the kids screamings esp on weekend mornings

No experience with tennis courts though..

acidic.straw
23-01-13, 19:12
The pop pop pop can be pretty annoying especially during weekends where the pop starts real early. If the estate has a bunch of Roger Federer wannabes, you've had it bro.

Besides the pop pop pop, the shouting and sometimes cursing is another major irritant. Best action plan ? Don't go for it unless you can find tenants that does NOT enjoy peace and quiet.

teddybear
23-01-13, 19:18
Face tennis court is not ok if you are on low floor because the pop pop sound is very irritating, and the tennis court flood light shine into your house.
However, on very high floor can't really hear (something like >15 floors).

Face kids pool again is not Ok if you are on low floor because kids very noisy. High floor is ok.

Above my personal experience. I prefer pool view as very nice at night when you look down and the empty space in front of your unit (being the large swimming pool area) will never get blocked by another estate that may just spring up double the height after enbloc etc.

zzz1
23-01-13, 20:11

The unit is on a low floor and the living room and master bedroom faces the tennis court.

Does anyone have any feedback whether it will be difficult to rent out such a unit?

Not that bad I suppose, but as your nick implies , a sunny unit with rich in west sun do has some difficulty or take a bit longer for a agent to market out...

For me,I sure will not consider unit that direct facing a BBQ unit... The noise and the oil stained smell of badly charred chicken wings is a killer.the smell seem to stained the entire HSE if u do not close the windows

Jonathan0503
23-01-13, 20:21

Pool view definitely much noisier, with screaming kids....experience it myself

Tek888
23-01-13, 20:32
Never crossed my mind when I bought my BUC. The tennis court is about 60m from my unit. Hopefully the pop pop sound is not too loud

Cupcakes
23-01-13, 20:42
Oh dear. Mine is pool facing, ground floor.

Tek888
23-01-13, 20:47
Oh dear. Mine is pool facing, ground floor.
Lap pool or kiddie pool?

Cupcakes
23-01-13, 20:49
Kid pool just a distance away. N I'm just 2m away from the pool. Not sure if it's a lap pool.

star
23-01-13, 21:04
Never crossed my mind when I bought my BUC. The tennis court is about 60m from my unit. Hopefully the pop pop sound is not too loud

Don't worry i don't think everyday got tennis.

newbie11
23-01-13, 21:13
U only need 2 tennis fanatics.. And a groaning one to make your day! Lol

East Lover
23-01-13, 21:34
Pool facing is nice, ONLY IF you don't have teens neighbor or FT tenants having fun till mid night on the pool side.

The worse thing could be: some new residences called homeland loudly in the midnight there, as he dared not want to disturb family, so come to pool side to talk loud loud like nobodyland :doh:

Face tennis court is not ok if you are on low floor because the pop pop sound is very irritating, and the tennis court flood light shine into your house.
However, on very high floor can't really hear (something like >15 floors).

Face kids pool again is not Ok if you are on low floor because kids very noisy. High floor is ok.

Above my personal experience. I prefer pool view as very nice at night when you look down and the empty space in front of your unit (being the large swimming pool area) will never get blocked by another estate that may just spring up double the height after enbloc etc.

teddybear
23-01-13, 22:23
Never experience what you said before.
As a matter of fact, our estate people very well-behaved, estate policy is after 10pm no more swimming, no use of tennis court, gym etc.
And our estate's kids pool is placed furthest away and my unit is facing the adult pool directly, high floor. Never hear any noise from kids, adults etc from the ground.

Pool facing is nice, ONLY IF you don't have teens neighbor or FT tenants having fun till mid night on the pool side.

The worse thing could be: some new residences called homeland loudly in the midnight there, as he dared not want to disturb family, so come to pool side to talk loud loud like nobodyland :doh:

lbb
24-01-13, 01:19
I bought a unit next to a tennis court. But I'm a tennis player myself, so I am okay with the resultant sounds. And for the pop pop sound, quite nice le... Haha, by listening to it, can tell how the exchange is going! To each his own I guess! (:

fan
24-01-13, 01:33
I feel that pop pop sound is better than kids screaming. But once night falls, the pool has a calming effect.

Shanhz
24-01-13, 07:54

ditto this. furthermore, guaranteed your opposite neighbour will be some distance away. at night, it is also quite cooling becoz unblock=more air come in. for me noise not an issue becoz when you wan to sleep, the swimming pool also close leow. in the day, noise is ok, compared to MRT track noise, bus interchange noise, expressway noise etc, swimming pool noise is ok.

Shanhz
24-01-13, 07:56
And our estate's kids pool is placed furthest away and my unit is facing the adult pool directly, high floor. Never hear any noise from kids, adults etc from the ground.

ever experience hear alot of noise but look out nobody? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Tek888
24-01-13, 08:38
Don't worry i don't think everyday got tennis.

yeah man. Hope so:)

I heard the lights from the tennis court can be glaring too.

Laguna
24-01-13, 09:16
There is this tennis coach, with an uncle staying in my condo. So he changed his address to my condo, and made use of the tennis court for commercial teaching....

eng81157
24-01-13, 09:20
There is this tennis coach, with an uncle staying in my condo. So he changed his address to my condo, and made use of the tennis court for commercial teaching....

highlight to MC, and make him pay a fee for commercial use of the court

buttercarp
24-01-13, 09:21

So he booked all the slots back to back?
Maybe your MCST should have rule that each unit is only allowed to book a maximum of 2 hours in a row, followed by a break of 2 hours, to prevent abuse from commercial teaching.

Laguna
24-01-13, 09:34
So he booked all the slots back to back?
Maybe your MCST should have rule that each unit is only allowed to book a maximum of 2 hours in a row, followed by a break of 2 hours, to prevent abuse from commercial teaching.

he has students in the same condo, he asked them for book for him.
It is very difficult to manage this guy, he did not even stay here.

But, the MCST is also very smart, and managed to bar him for certain reasons. And also, the last AGM approved that all the facilities shall not be used for commercial purposes.

teddybear
27-01-13, 21:20
Never. Ever experience go camping people say see something but I never see anything. Think their heart got "ghost" so see "ghost", me heart no "ghost" so see nothing... :p

ever experience hear alot of noise but look out nobody? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Komo
28-01-13, 17:45

too noisy and probably near to rubbish centre too:D