PDA

View Full Version : Home shelter ideas

panamera
23-01-13, 21:43
Regular showflat visitors, any current projects that has a home shelter done up as a maid room, together with storage built in?

Looking for ideas, as planning to convert my home shelter from a pure storage place into one for a helper room, without sacrificing too much of storage space. Of course, must be comfortable for her to stay in...

Thanks

Cupcakes
23-01-13, 22:01
Shoes cabinet !!!

zeamybro
23-01-13, 22:05
I think Qbay showflat has a pretty good concept. The upper deck is used as a bed for the maid while the lower deck is used as storage space

Cupcakes
23-01-13, 22:11
Wow, how big is qbay HS?

myfirstpc
23-01-13, 23:01
HS is 3 walls without windows and a steel door. Once door is closed, it becomes a confined space and ventilation, will be minimal, if any. Unless maid sleep with steel door open, else will be claustrophobic.

proud owner
24-01-13, 03:31
Regular showflat visitors, any current projects that has a home shelter done up as a maid room, together with storage built in?

Looking for ideas, as planning to convert my home shelter from a pure storage place into one for a helper room, without sacrificing too much of storage space. Of course, must be comfortable for her to stay in...

Thanks

please dont do that ...

its inhumane to have anyone sleep in it ...

its very hot and not well ventilated at all ...

unless you plan to install aircondition ...

test it yourself .... spend a night in it ...with door closed ... and see if you can survive ...

no wonder maids run away ... its worst that living in kampong

hyenergix
24-01-13, 05:25
I have a friend who installed an air-con to convert it into a study room.

Shanhz
24-01-13, 08:00
check out skies miltonia.. they have a pull down "bed" fixed into the room. the HS is done up basic, but nice. ventilation, if need to close door, do need a small aircon.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-gtcp7MPlVTw/UQCITPxuwqI/AAAAAAAAFd4/-_kAk3mf-Cs/s800/20121119_182325.jpg

sandpapa
24-01-13, 10:41
I have a friend who installed an air-con to convert it into a study room.

Do he drill through the HS wall for aircon piping?

panamera
24-01-13, 17:54
please dont do that ...

its inhumane to have anyone sleep in it ...

its very hot and not well ventilated at all ...

unless you plan to install aircondition ...

test it yourself .... spend a night in it ...with door closed ... and see if you can survive ...

no wonder maids run away ... its worst that living in kampong

Maybe yours is hot and not ventilated? Mine is at a windy part of the place.

Maid currently sleeps in the aircon room, but wants to move to the back. I guess wants her personal wing of the apt? So looking for humane ideas in your words.. Aircon? Dyson fan and maybe a small flat screen tv

hyenergix
24-01-13, 18:30
Do he drill through the HS wall for aircon piping?

Not too sure..din check tt part out.

proud owner
24-01-13, 20:54
Maybe yours is hot and not ventilated? Mine is at a windy part of the place.

Maid currently sleeps in the aircon room, but wants to move to the back. I guess wants her personal wing of the apt? So looking for humane ideas in your words.. Aircon? Dyson fan and maybe a small flat screen tv

HS is enclosed space ... there can be a blizzard outside ...the wind cant get it ...

for air to move in ...there must be a way for it to get out ...

that tiny hole at the top is not enuff trust me ....