PDA

View Full Version : For rental property who pays prop tax..

radha08
24-01-13, 16:16
just got a question is it the landlord or the tenant??

eng81157
24-01-13, 16:17
erm......landlord.......why should the tenant pay property tax??

radha08
24-01-13, 16:21
erm......landlord.......why should the tenant pay property tax??

oh ok cos one of my filipino collegue going to rent house told me he read his tenancy agreement he intrepret as he must pay the prop tax...maybe he was mistaken..anyway tks...thats what i told him last time i rent my hdb i still pay the tax...tks again.;)

acidic.straw
24-01-13, 16:29
oh ok cos one of my filipino collegue going to rent house told me he read his tenancy agreement he intrepret as he must pay the prop tax...maybe he was mistaken..anyway tks...thats what i told him last time i rent my hdb i still pay the tax...tks again.;)

Landlord trying to pull a fast one on him by inserting payment clause in fine-print :D :D :D

howgozit
24-01-13, 16:47
Is it propert tax or stamp duty on the TA?

Is he mistaken?

myfirstpc
24-01-13, 16:52
Wonder if any landlord sneak in the fine print to the tenant for rental of the Condo The prop tax for condo would be substantial !

DMCK
24-01-13, 18:52
how much property tax for a 3 bedder?

radha08
24-01-13, 18:59
oops sorry clarified tenant pays stamp duty...landlord pays prop tax..tks bros:spliff:

proud owner
24-01-13, 20:57
oops sorry clarified tenant pays stamp duty...landlord pays prop tax..tks bros:spliff:

stamp duty is a tax on the documents of the transaction

if it is the TA ...prepared by the landlord ... he would have paid the stamp duty as well ...

i dont recall tenant having to pay stamp duty

radha08
24-01-13, 20:59

if it is the TA ...prepared by the landlord ... he would have paid the stamp duty as well ...

dunno le i also thought the norm is tenant pay stamp duty...lets see what others say...:rolleyes:

howgozit
24-01-13, 21:28

I have never paid stamp duty on any of my TAs

radha08
24-01-13, 22:04
I have never paid stamp duty on any of my TAs

i assume u landlord:D

Ricade
24-01-13, 22:58
in other countries, tenant may be requested to pay property tax as part of the Tenancy Agreement.

For eg, indonesia.. I believe ur tenant is foreigner, hence he/she may have posed the question to you for clarification..

kane
24-01-13, 23:04
standard clauses are for owners to pay tax.

minority
25-01-13, 01:01

he mean the leasing stamp duty is it? confused with actual prop tax.

proud owner
25-01-13, 01:42
i remember now

stamp duty for the TA tenancy agreement ...which is prepared by landlord ..

so by right landlord would pay

but when tenant agent prepares the LOI , letter of intent ..it seems that it is indicated in the LOI that tenant would pay the stamp duty

i guess if it is ommitted in the LOI.. then landlord would have to pay

Allthepies
25-01-13, 06:50
As TA protects the tenant more, it should be borne by them? If they don't stamp it means that they are illegally staying in the house and land Lord can play punks and chase them out?

howgozit
25-01-13, 09:03
i assume u landlord:D

Oops... yes... sorry I should have been clearer.

howgozit
25-01-13, 09:14
It has been like this all along......

What is Stamp Duty?

Stamp Duty is a tax on documents relating to immovable properties, stocks or shares. Examples of such documents are :

1) Lease / Tenancy Agreements
These are documents that are prepared and signed when you rent a property. Stamp Duty is calculated on the actual rent or market rent whichever is higher. The person who leases or rents the property (lessee or tenant) is responsible for paying Stamp Duty.

i remember now

stamp duty for the TA tenancy agreement ...which is prepared by landlord ..

so by right landlord would pay

but when tenant agent prepares the LOI , letter of intent ..it seems that it is indicated in the LOI that tenant would pay the stamp duty

i guess if it is ommitted in the LOI.. then landlord would have to pay