PDA

View Full Version : Master Plan 2013

westman
31-01-13, 07:00
Read from news that URA will announce plans to meet 7mils population..

I suspect this could be the long waited Master Plan 2013..

What would you expect from URA this time round?
Where will be the hot spot for property investment for the next 5 years...

radha08
31-01-13, 07:03

got plan no use...$$$$ no enough...:banghead::D:D:D

westman
31-01-13, 07:10
got plan no use...$$$$ no enough...:banghead::D:D:D

Look for Chestnut....he can help you.. :D

Pro888
31-01-13, 07:11

Everywhere will be hot except Ama Keng bcoz no more trees. :D

lajia
31-01-13, 07:35
JLD, TUAS, TENGNA, woodland.
I think we had enough of the EAST and North East. This time will be west and north west and south west...:D

leesg123
31-01-13, 07:40
Maybe low rise pte condo wil be history?

lajia
31-01-13, 07:43
Look at reserved land for landed, I think getting lesser and lesser. Those new landed are basically enbloc of old landed...do u see any new land parcel for landed?

VS
31-01-13, 08:44

Better buy old low rise condo (with less units) and wait for enbloc. Plot ratio goes up, ho sei liow!!

proper-t
31-01-13, 08:44
Today supposed to be D-day...Look out for it this pm or evening.

National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan, who spoke at the same briefing, said that even as the government is tackling infrastructure problems today, it is looking further ahead to plan ahead of demand.
"We're determined to address the current problems.. the overcrowdedness will ease, so we're asking Singaporeans for patience and understanding," said Mr Khaw.

He added that MND will release a land use paper on Thursday that will detail how land here will be optimized to cater to the growing population.
"The key thing is to plan ahead of demand… build a sufficient buffer, but also bear in mind that the buffer has a cost," he said. "We need to achieve that sweet spot."

hopeful
31-01-13, 08:58
very funny remark by khaw. no buffer also has cost - aljunied, punggol east.

westman
31-01-13, 09:18
Today supposed to be D-day...Look out for it this pm or evening.

Bingo.. same conclusion as you wheb i read this paragraph..

cnud
31-01-13, 09:40
I like Bidadari.:tongue3:

willow
31-01-13, 09:47
I like Bidadari.:tongue3:

Let's see what is the plan

latour
31-01-13, 10:49
Long awaited, lets see what it says.

Regulators
31-01-13, 10:56
already foresaw the increase to 7 million long ago, really nothing to be surprised about. 700000 news homes by 2030 is also no mean feat. By then, more than half of the population will be non-singaporean citizens, sad state of affairs for singapore. foreigners in our own country...

minority
31-01-13, 10:58
already foresaw the increase to 7 million long ago, really nothing to be surprised about. 700000 news homes by 2030 is also no mean feat. By then, more than half of the population will be non-singaporean citizens, sad state of affairs for singapore. foreigners in our own country...

well ur grandparents are foreigners here too.. so essentially we are all foreigners here. only the indigenous malays are the actual locals. thats 15% of the population.

Regulators
31-01-13, 11:06
At least my parents were born in singapore and lived through the independence of singapore. what happens before that is history.

well ur grandparents are foreigners here too.. so essentially we are all foreigners here. only the indigenous malays are the actual locals. thats 15% of the population.

NorthernStar
31-01-13, 11:08
The true Native of Singapore :cheers1:
http://www.google.com.sg/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1218&bih=870&q=singapore+native&oq=singapore+native&gs_l=img.3..0i24l10.1405.3843.0.3950.16.14.0.1.1.0.142.1072.9j5.14.0...0.0...1ac.1.gCyTpknYtZw#imgrc=3CZ1Vn7kLL76KM%3A%3Bq2kwF9Lkmi7StM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Ffarm4.staticflickr.com%252F3347%252F3480060090_3f4a83c270_z.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.flickr.com%252Fphotos%252Fbernardoh%252F3480060090%252F%3B480%3B640/

newbie11
31-01-13, 11:22
http://www.mnd.gov.sg/landuseplan/e-book/index.html

pdf version
http://www.mnd.gov.sg/landuseplan/e-book/files/assets/common/downloads/Land%20Use%20Plan%20to%20Singapore.pdf

http://www.mnd.gov.sg/landuseplan/

Ringo33
31-01-13, 11:25

I think most residential developments will be concentrated around the newly announced MRT line as I think that will be quickest way for government to pay back their investment. So if you notice any sizable empty plot of government land along the new lines, chances are there will be a MRT station nearby. So this should be the property hotspot which is worth looking at.

As for plot ratio, I do not expect to see much changes as government focus is now on decentralizing. Plus, I doubt government would want to shoot their feet again by causing another round of en bloc frenzy.

Fiona2004
31-01-13, 11:34

pdf version
http://www.mnd.gov.sg/landuseplan/e-book/files/assets/common/downloads/Land%20Use%20Plan%20to%20Singapore.pdf

Thanks for the link.

august
31-01-13, 11:52
quick glance, nothing new in there. seems like just repackage of exisiting plans.

Ringo33
31-01-13, 11:54
Looks like government is going to do some major reclamation along east coast marine parade area. Not so good news for those east coast seaview units as I am sure, government is going to build more residential apartment on those reclaim land.

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/1237/mndlanduse.jpg

minority
31-01-13, 11:56
At least my parents were born in singapore and lived through the independence of singapore. what happens before that is history.

wat a selective amenisa mind set. :doh: :doh: :doh: all wearing polarized glasses.

hopeful
31-01-13, 12:01
oh, got some residential area in island below sentosa.

Cupcakes
31-01-13, 12:05
lol. Just like telling the Aus, Your forefather are prisoners!! :D

Shanhz
31-01-13, 12:14

dubai has 80% foreigners, but their locals are well (very well) taken care of. that's the point, isn't it? we dun mind foreigners, but we must be taken good care of. if garmen can ensure that, i hv no qualms about 12mil.

Ringo33
31-01-13, 12:19
East Coast coastline will be going through a major transformation.

The one on top is taken from MND land use report while the one below is from onemap. Looks like those seaview property will eventually become apartment view.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/8830/eastcoastreclaim.jpg

thomastansb
31-01-13, 12:19
You must be kidding me. Dubai went bankrupt. :doh:

dubai has 80% foreigners, but their locals are well (very well) taken care of. that's the point, isn't it? we dun mind foreigners, but we must be taken good care of. if garmen can ensure that, i hv no qualms about 12mil.

leesg123
31-01-13, 12:23

The one on top is taken from MND land use report while the one below is from onemap. Looks like those seaview property will eventually become apartment view.

The hdb owner there better cash out. Also, laguna, mandarin garden enbloc value dropped liao.

hopeful
31-01-13, 12:25

since the map indicate until 2030, reserve sites will cater for additional 2 million in 2050 :)

got commercial in gardens east? is that for 3rd IR?

how come resort world not indicated in blue in sentosa island? shoddy work

Pro888
31-01-13, 12:27
quick glance, nothing new in there. seems like just repackage of exisiting plans.

Fully agree. Just want to find some justification to bring in more people. :doh:
Most of it we already knew and have been saying for the past few years. :simmering: :simmering: :simmering:

Shanhz
31-01-13, 12:28
You must be kidding me. Dubai went bankrupt. :doh:

if you dun like dubai, change it to abu dhabi. the story is the same, my friend. the fact that they went bankrupt doesn't mean their pple are not well taken care of.

Pro888
31-01-13, 12:31

I wanted to say this but deleted somehow. Expected more ppl & development along the new lines, especially 3 parallel east lines. :doh:

thomastansb
31-01-13, 12:34
The fact they went bankrupt is because of poor budgeting. Their people will suffer because the nation has ran out of cash. Just like Greece, Dubai is facing harsh conditions and tough austerity measures. You need to brush up your knowledge. Don't tell people that nation went bankrupt = people are well taken care of. That is a joke.

if you dun like dubai, change it to abu dhabi. the story is the same, my friend. the fact that they went bankrupt doesn't mean their pple are not well taken care of.

Shanhz
31-01-13, 12:35
we are going to have roads to ubin and tekong!!! so hdb there no problem. one free hdb on ubin for each couple with 5 kids? :)

eng81157
31-01-13, 12:38
since the map indicate until 2030, reserve sites will cater for additional 2 million in 2050 :)

all it says is reserve site and possible reclaimation. no confirmation of what kind of developments yet.

Shanhz
31-01-13, 12:40
The fact they went bankrupt is because of poor budgeting. Their people will suffer because the nation has ran out of cash. Just like Greece, Dubai is facing harsh conditions and tough austerity measures. You need to brush up your knowledge. Don't tell people that nation went bankrupt = people are well taken care of. That is a joke.

my point is - a country can have big immigration policy, and take good care of its pple. if sgp can do so, i am sure everybody here will welcome immigration.

anyway, i am not saying a bankrupt nation can take care of its pple. everybody knows that it cannot. i dun deny that. i am not that daft.

Ringo33
31-01-13, 12:40

The site opposite Garden By the Bay have been zoned for residential. So confirm no IR will be there.

for those coastal reserve site, I am sure government will build it like gold coast, where there will be hotels, apartment etc.

Ringo33
31-01-13, 12:42
all it says is reserve site and possible reclaimation. no confirmation of what kind of developments yet.

possible reclamation section is only the small part around in the lagoon.

The rest has already been confirmed.

Ringo33
31-01-13, 12:43
my point is - a country can have big immigration policy, and take good care of its pple. if sgp can do so, i am sure everybody here will welcome immigration.

anyway, i am not saying a bankrupt nation can take care of its pple. everybody knows that it cannot. i dun deny that. i am not that daft.

dont compare Dubai with Singapore, they are very different. In Dubai. there is a major lack of middle class as well as local population because emiratis doesnt accept new citizens. The entire city is pretty much run by foreigners. One time you see the locals are in old shops and custom.

thomastansb
31-01-13, 12:46
My point is - You cited Dubai and say it is a success story where people are well taken care of but that is so untrue. That is twisted.

Anyway, you said earlier "the fact that they went bankrupt doesn't mean their pple are not well taken care of." and now "everybody knows that it cannot."

I rest my case. Let's stop here.

eng81157
31-01-13, 12:48
possible reclamation section is only the small part around in the lagoon.

The rest has already been confirmed.

confirmed as reserve site only lah..... don't even know what it will be used for!! :doh: :doh: moreover, it is a plan for 2030 and beyond.

eng81157
31-01-13, 12:50
My point is - You cited Dubai and say it is a success story where people are well taken care of but that is so untrue. That is twisted.

Anyway, you said earlier "the fact that they went bankrupt doesn't mean their pple are not well taken care of." and now "everybody knows that it cannot."

dubai was overly ambitious, but can't deny that they have really transformed the global aviation landscape

dtrax
31-01-13, 12:52
SINGAPORE: Singapore plans to increase its land supply by nearly 10 per cent to 76,600 hectares to accommodate its projected population of 6.9 million by 2030, according to the Land Use Plan report released on Thursday.

Singapore's total land area now stands at 71,000 hectares.

The details come just two days after the release of the White Paper on Population outlining Singapore's strategies for a sustainable population.

About 60 per cent will be set aside for housing, industry and community facilities - up from the current 52 per cent. And, a large part of the additional land will come from reclamation and freeing up reserve land.

Some golf courses and military training grounds will make way for redevelopment.

There are now 18 golf courses in Singapore, covering about 1,500 hectares of land with leases that run for 30 years. The Law Ministry said the the majority of the leases will expire between 2021 and 2030 and it that added some golf courses would have to be phased out and the land put to other uses.

"We are working with the planning agencies over the next few months to provide clarity to the various golf courses on whether or not, their leases can be extended," the ministry said.

To accommodate 700,000 new homes by 2030, there are plans for new towns, new homes in existing estates and more homes in the central region.

For example, Tengah - a military training area - will be transformed into a new town with about 55,000 homes. The plan is to consolidate military training activities at Tekong once reclamation there is complete.

Most of the reclamation will be done at Tekong, an off shore island located on the north eastern part of Singapore, used for military training.

And Tuas, in the south western part of the island.

Beyond 2030, potential reclamation areas include Marina East, Changi East and Pasir Ris. These are also marked as reserve sites that can support future needs such as housing and industries.

Other possible future reclamation sites include clusters around the western islands and the southern parts of Singapore.

Another strategy is to go underground - by expanding current uses of underground space for example, with train lines, underground expressways and retail malls.

The government is also exploring more uses for underground caverns for industrial and commercial developments.

Addressing concerns over the quality of life, policy makers have painted the picture of what's described as "highly liveable, high density towns."

These will be towns with a full range of amenities from childcare centres, hospitals and recreational nodes.

By 2017, 20,000 more childcare places will be made available near homes, transport nodes and workplaces - up from the current 92,000.

By 2020, there will be an additional 2,200 acute hospital beds - 30 per cent more than what's available today.

In addition, there will be 1,900 community hospital beds added by 2020 - up from the current 800 beds.

By 2030, at least 85 per cent of Singaporeans will live within a 10 to 15-minute walk to a park.

Plans are already underway to improve public transport connectivity by ramping up the rail network and improving bus connectivity. To alleviate congestion around main commercial centres, jobs will be brought closer to homes.

So, there are plans for two new commercial belts in the northern and southern parts of Singapore.

The North Coast Innovation Corridor will be ready in about 10 to 15 years time while the Southern Waterfront City is expected to be developed after 2027, when the existing port relocates to Tuas.

Minister for National Development Khaw Boon Wan said: "Some Singaporeans, in fact, many say 'how could it be? It's already so crowded, 5.3 million, buses, trains, how is it possible to have 6.9 million population? The planners must be mad!'

"I think that's a legitimate reaction and of course they ask good questions, which is, how can you be sure, more population, but quality of life will remain the same but in fact even better?

"Actually the answer is yes. It's possible, you can have a larger population and yet better quality of life but conditions must be right.

"So what are those conditions - one there must be planning, which means good long-term planning and secondly, there must be good infrastructure that must be built ahead of demand.

"So if those conditions are there then you can achieve this seemingly difficult problem how to achieve better quality of life despite greater or larger population and we are confident because we have time because we are talking about the future, 2020, 2025, 2030 and as planners our mantra is Boy's Scouts' motto - 'prepare for the worst but hope for the best'.

"So in fact, from the planners' point of view we need aggressive projection.
The figure 6.9 sounds aggressive but from the planners' point of view, we need aggressive figures, aggressive projections, so that we can prepare for the worst. The worst is if we plan for the best and then the worst comes, then you'll be under providing as what happened in the last few years."

- CNA/ck

hopeful
31-01-13, 12:53
The site opposite Garden By the Bay have been zoned for residential. So confirm no IR will be there.

for those coastal reserve site, I am sure government will build it like gold coast, where there will be hotels, apartment etc.

Garden East got some dark blue spot, which is commercial area, among the residential areas

Shanhz
31-01-13, 12:56

its okay. dun think it's necessary to discuss this point. i have spent the last 4 years jetting in and out of dubai and surrounding regions. i dun need to defend the case. they are successful in some ways, not every way. it is a fact the locals have it good, and it is all from oil money. they are eventually gg to match or even surpass us. changes to SQ/Qantas/Emirates is just the beginning.

the world is never what we know it to be thru newspapers and reports. we know iran is under embargo. do you know every day there are tens of speedboats carrying white goods into iran from oman? i watched them do the loading of goods every day in the past. the arabs countries support each other in a way that we do not understand.

that is why i said they locals have it good, even tho' they are bankrupted on paper. the shiekhs take care of one another. and the shiekhs take care of their pple.

of coz cannot compare to sgp becoz no one will take care of us. but that's not the pt i am arguing.

Ringo33
31-01-13, 12:57
confirmed as reserve site only lah..... don't even know what it will be used for!! :doh: :doh: moreover, it is a plan for 2030 and beyond.

I can assure you that there will be new and better beaches along the new coast line, which will be 1km away from current one, and the government will do something similar to Gold Coast, where there will be hotels, residential apartment etc.

The plan is for 2030, that doesnt mean they need to wait till 2030 to start reclaiming the land.

Ringo33
31-01-13, 13:01
Garden East got some dark blue spot, which is commercial area, among the residential areas
I think it should be a mix development projects like shopping center and supermarket. those land facing GBTB will be damn hot I think.

eng81157
31-01-13, 13:02
I can assure you that there will be new and better beaches along the new coast line, which will be 1km away from current one, and the government will do something similar to Gold Coast, where there will be hotels, residential apartment etc.

The plan is for 2030, that doesnt mean they need to wait till 2030 to start reclaiming the land.

if it's going to be like gold coast, then those FH seaview apt will huat even more! lose seaview, but gain proximity to such stuff

cheerful
31-01-13, 13:03
its okay. dun think it's necessary to discuss this point. i have spent the last 4 years jetting in and out of dubai and surrounding regions. i dun need to defend the case. they are successful in some ways, not every way. it is a fact the locals have it good, and it is all from oil money. they are eventually gg to match or even surpass us. changes to SQ/Qantas/Emirates is just the beginning.

the world is never what we know it to be thru newspapers and reports. we know iran is under embargo. do you know every day there are tens of speedboats carrying white goods into iran from oman? i watched them do the loading of goods every day in the past. the arabs countries support each other in a way that we do not understand.

that is why i said they locals have it good, even tho' they are bankrupted on paper. the shiehks take care of one another.

of coz cannot compare to sgp becoz no one will take care of us. but that's not the pt i am arguing.
Do you mean oil $$ from neighbours? Dubai no oil rite?

zeamybro
31-01-13, 13:08

This plan is not new and has been shown at the URA gallery for years...

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=327454&postcount=218

Ringo33
31-01-13, 13:08

dubai doesnt have oil or gas. but they are the sin city of Middle East.

windcar
31-01-13, 13:13
The hdb owner there better cash out. Also, laguna, mandarin garden enbloc value dropped liao.

+1
totally agree
All they have left is an ECP. Pricing will dropped to bukit panjang level.

Ringo33
31-01-13, 13:19
This plan is not new and has been shown at the URA gallery for years...

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=327454&postcount=218

It has been shown, but no one know exactly for sure about the details or where about is the current and new coast line. But with this, it is obvious that the government is going to do with east coast.

windcar
31-01-13, 13:21
Any idea if and when the gov will release the masterplan for the plot ratio for every part of singapore?

zeamybro
31-01-13, 13:27
It has been shown, but no one know exactly for sure about the details or where about is the current and new coast line. But with this, it is obvious that the government is going to do with east coast.

There is this very big interactive panel at the URA gallery to show the transformation of the coastline.... the old vs new coastline.

I vaguely recall some plans released about 10yrs ago that east coast park would be massively revamped ... with underground carparks and more commercial buildings... but no concrete and official release.

Yeah its going to get exciting... tks for sharing :p

Shanhz
31-01-13, 13:31

dubai has oil, and not in the qty as abu dhabi

back in early days, i think 1960s or therebouts (can check wiki if you wan to know), when dubai govt decided to develop dubai, the locals were still like nomads. they had nothing. so to incentivise them to accept change, they were given land and houses (and maybe cars, that i'm not sure). over the years, the locals thru' the entitlement have grown much richer, and continue to be taken care of.

in the dubai crisis in 2009, if i am not wrong, because USA did not pay coupon on the treasury, dubai could not fulfill her obligations. they therefore decided to declare bankrupt and abu dhabi was the white knight, buying over everything that dubai owns. most of the bizmen who invest in dubai till date have not recovered their losses due to speculatoin during the hey day, when 10% of downpayment was used to turnover many many properties and it became a bubble. today, most of dubai is owned by abu dhabi.

anything more, have to ask history expert. this is what i know from my travelling (got more story lah, but will take few hours)

p/s: the part in red is how this discussion started, when i said that locals shld be well taken care of, if you wan to welcome immigrants. in between my biz trips, when i had free time, i joined their local tours and visited the museums, and other places, so i got to understand how they got to their present state of devp.

zeamybro
31-01-13, 13:39
Digging out some old news.... I wonder how many of these plans were materialized eventually?

Channel NewsAsia (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/178959/1/.html) 16 Nov 05
East Coast Park to get S$160m upgrade
By Patwant Singh, Channel NewsAsia

SINGAPORE : East Coast Park, Singapore's largest and most popular beach park, is getting a S$160 million facelift. The work will be done over four years, from 2007.

And the National Parks Board, which runs the 185 hectare park, wants public views on how to improve the country's favourite recreation site.

It also announced that Singapore's first Cable Ski Park will be ready by next March at the East Coast Lagoon.

East Coast Park was developed 30 years ago. But a recent survey by NParks showed accessibility to and connectivity within the park could be enhanced. So it came up with a concept plan to look at improving amenities and activities there. Among the plans are a pedestrian garden linking Marine Parade to the park, a main entrance and a visitor centre as focal points, and a people mover system with buses, trams, even buggies to take park users around.

For those who drive, 500 more parking lots will be added to the current 3,300, and all will be converted into two storey underground carparks complete with landscaping. The 10 underpasses will also get a facelift, and a bougainvillea park, costing more than a million dollars is planned to add colour.

Expected to be completed by 2010, the changes would not be introduced at one go. Said Kong Yit San, director of NParks, "Over these four years, then we will see how we implement the changes in stages. We will be doing that so that we do not disrupt the park or park users because this park will have to be constantly open to park users."

For a start, a 300-metre long Cable Ski Park will open in a few months. Using a hanging cable instead of a boat, it offers both skiing and wakeboarding.

Said Paul Fong of the Singapore Waterski and Wakeboard Federation, "I think this is a good avenue for the masses to try it as a cheaper alternative for most people. You can get more people doing it at the same time -- up to 10 people and 300 a day."

But for many park users, convenience is still a priority. "I hope there will be more bus services," one park user said. "Possibly the toilet facilities and the shower facilities at East Coast Park are not up to standard," another said.

You can give your views and suggestions to NParks either at the park itself or through the NParks website at www.nparks.gov.sg until 2 January 2006. All the feedback would be considered and the outcome announced in mid 2006. - CNA /ct

Jaykj
31-01-13, 13:43

pdf version

At the end of the report under acknowledgment, I noticed Ministry of Education is not in the list, will there be enough schools in the future?

Ringo33
31-01-13, 13:47
At the end of the report under acknowledgment, I noticed Ministry of Education is not in the list, will there be enough schools in the future?

Schools are not indicated in the plan. Only uni.

Regulators
31-01-13, 13:52
i agree, singaporeans just want to be treated much better than foreigners, not having almost equal privileges.

thomastansb
31-01-13, 13:53
No wonder they lose punggol east.

Digging out some old news.... I wonder how many of these plans were materialized eventually?

Channel NewsAsia (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/178959/1/.html) 16 Nov 05
East Coast Park to get S$160m upgrade
By Patwant Singh, Channel NewsAsia

SINGAPORE : East Coast Park, Singapore's largest and most popular beach park, is getting a S$160 million facelift. The work will be done over four years, from 2007.

And the National Parks Board, which runs the 185 hectare park, wants public views on how to improve the country's favourite recreation site.

It also announced that Singapore's first Cable Ski Park will be ready by next March at the East Coast Lagoon.

East Coast Park was developed 30 years ago. But a recent survey by NParks showed accessibility to and connectivity within the park could be enhanced. So it came up with a concept plan to look at improving amenities and activities there. Among the plans are a pedestrian garden linking Marine Parade to the park, a main entrance and a visitor centre as focal points, and a people mover system with buses, trams, even buggies to take park users around.

For those who drive, 500 more parking lots will be added to the current 3,300, and all will be converted into two storey underground carparks complete with landscaping. The 10 underpasses will also get a facelift, and a bougainvillea park, costing more than a million dollars is planned to add colour.

Expected to be completed by 2010, the changes would not be introduced at one go. Said Kong Yit San, director of NParks, "Over these four years, then we will see how we implement the changes in stages. We will be doing that so that we do not disrupt the park or park users because this park will have to be constantly open to park users."

For a start, a 300-metre long Cable Ski Park will open in a few months. Using a hanging cable instead of a boat, it offers both skiing and wakeboarding.

Said Paul Fong of the Singapore Waterski and Wakeboard Federation, "I think this is a good avenue for the masses to try it as a cheaper alternative for most people. You can get more people doing it at the same time -- up to 10 people and 300 a day."

But for many park users, convenience is still a priority. "I hope there will be more bus services," one park user said. "Possibly the toilet facilities and the shower facilities at East Coast Park are not up to standard," another said.

You can give your views and suggestions to NParks either at the park itself or through the NParks website at www.nparks.gov.sg (http://www.nparks.gov.sg) until 2 January 2006. All the feedback would be considered and the outcome announced in mid 2006. - CNA /ct

fireclone
31-01-13, 13:59

East Coast Road will become like Beach Road, far far away from the coast....

wtpooh
31-01-13, 14:05

This is not new. Recall seeing it in previous URA plans.

Cupcakes
31-01-13, 14:09
i agree, singaporeans just want to be treated much better than foreigners, not having almost equal privileges.
pls go tell the hongkie baby drink water instead, they should sell baby milk powder to their neighbouring country. Tell the hongkie to give birth at home, let their neighbouring country women to occupy their hospital bed. Tell the hongkie children to study at home, they should let the neigbouring country has the equal opportunity to study in HK. Tell the hongkie to stop protesting, they should leave their hometown and let their neighbouring country take over their job because the Chinese are better cheaper faster. Tell the hongkie that if they cannot afford a home they should stay in the cage (cheap alternative given by govt) with the wife and baby, let the foreigner invest/ speculate to maintain healthy growth. :spliff2:

Ringo33
31-01-13, 14:13
This is not new. Recall seeing it in previous URA plans.

The only reluable plan from mnd I know is mp 2008 and 2003. Which plan you referring to?

Regulators
31-01-13, 14:13
Err...we are talking about two countries with different socio, economic and political makeups. btw hongkong belongs to china in case you don't know :D

pls go tell the hongkie baby drink water instead, they should sell baby milk powder to their neighbouring country. Tell the hongkie to give birth at home, let their neighbouring country women to occupy their hospital bed. Tell the hongkie children to study at home, they should let the neigbouring country has the equal opportunity to study in HK. Tell the hongkie to stop protesting, they should leave their hometown and let their neighbouring country take over their job because the Chinese are better cheaper faster. Tell the hongkie that if they cannot afford a home they should stay in the cage (cheap alternative given by govt) with the wife and baby, let the foreigner invest/ speculate to maintain healthy growth. :spliff2:

Cupcakes
31-01-13, 14:16
Err...we are talking about two countries with different socio, economic and political makeups. btw hongkong belongs to china in case you don't know :D
our forefather also foreigner mah. In case no one knows. :spliff2:

The govt in HK did so many measures to stop speculation even though HK is part of China. BUT ARE WE PART OF ANYONE FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!!!!

Regulators
31-01-13, 14:21
our forefathers come from china but we are not mainlanders. Many americans have irish and african blood, but do these americans call themselves irish or africans? the queen of england has german blood, but does she call herself a half german? the list goes on....

our forefather also foreigner mah. In case no one knows. :spliff2:

leesg123
31-01-13, 14:23
Pls dont be As$holes and argue lah, damn bored to see anti or pro gov postings.

Cupcakes
31-01-13, 14:26
our forefathers come from china but we are not mainlanders. Many americans have irish and african blood, but do these americans call themselves irish or africans? the queen of england has german blood, but does she call herself a half german? the list goes on....
precisely... so why do everyone has to say our forefather are foreigners? what is the point of saying that? So what is the reason why our minister said that too? If the govt just want us to accept foreigners, just say so. So what if my grandparents are from mainland China? Do i call myself a Singaporean or Chinese??

Cupcakes
31-01-13, 14:28
sorry, i'm not the one who started all this first. Not even other threads. Thanks!

hyenergix
31-01-13, 14:29
precisely... so why do everyone has to say our forefather are foreigners? what is the point of saying that? So what is the reason why our minister said that too? If the govt just want us to accept foreigners, just say so. So what if my grandparents are from mainland China? Do i call myself a Singaporean or Chinese??

If I recall my history correctly, most of our grandparents only officially had citizenship/IC due to British effort to counter Communism. Before that they were regarded by British as just cheap foreign labours without much rights.

Regulators
31-01-13, 14:34
If you are a singaporean with the same qualitications as a foreigner and the foreigner gets hired but not you, has the govt done anything to address this issue? The very least they could do is to come up with a law to restrict hiring of foreigners to a job if a local is equally capable of doing that job. There is a law in england whereby companies are only allowed to hire foreigners if they can show that only foreigners are capable of doing that job and there is a shortage of local talents in that area. Highly skilled jobs may require foreigners, but I am very sure many singaporeans have fallen through the cracks in many ordinary jobs in every sector.

ecimbew
31-01-13, 14:47
http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/700000-new-homes-2030

SINGAPORE — By 2030, Singapore is expected to have 700,000 new homes which will be located in new towns, existing estates and the central region, where 200,000 of these units will be completed by the end of 2016.

According to the Land Use Plan released today, three new towns will be carved out.

One of them is Bidadari town where 11,000 housing units, both private and public, are expected. Another town will be created in Tampines North, which is slated to have 21,000 units, while the other will be in Tengah, which will have 55,000 units and be almost the size of Ang Mo Kio Town.

Build-To-Order (BTO) projects can be expected in Bidadari and Tampines North first - in the next two to three years while BTO projects will come on stream in Tengah in the next three to five years. Mature estates will also be rejuvenated. CHANNEL NEWSASIA

westman
31-01-13, 14:52
Walau.... after reading the report... shake my head ...

Almost everything has been heard for years... what kind of plan is this...

Seem like URA guys has nothing new to offer..

Jia lia bee... 炒冷饭 .....

cnud
31-01-13, 14:54
Actually the released plan today is Land Use Plan.

The Master Plan not out yet..

Ringo33
31-01-13, 15:01

Everyone hoping to get revised plot ratio ah?

hyenergix
31-01-13, 15:03

Jia lia bee... 炒冷饭 .....

Some details were already out at skyscrapercity quite some time ago.

Pro888
31-01-13, 15:23

If they can use old plans for this presentation, meaning they do not have much to offer.

hyenergix
31-01-13, 16:29
From the reclaimed land, the government seems to be planning for a much bigger population increase.

phantom_opera
31-01-13, 16:56

Jia lia bee... 炒冷饭 .....

agree ... Tampines already so crowded still can take 21k more housing units?? :doh: ... the greeneries btn Tampines / Pasir Ris will be gone ... aiya :beats-me-man:

looks like Tengah will have cheapest BTOs in the future

luckily I don't stay in Tampines

august
31-01-13, 17:05
If they can use old plans for this presentation, meaning they do not have much to offer.

Same thoughts too. These were planned yrs ago with a population of 5.5 to 6m in mind. Now they use the same thing to try to pull a fast one to justify 7m population? sounds like a bad joke.

Ringo33
31-01-13, 17:19
Good to see some sea facing residential plot around marina south.

DC33_2008
31-01-13, 17:23
Singaporean maybe living in Pulau Ubin in future. Did you notice the roads going into Pulau Ubin and Pulau Tekong on the map.

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/hme_our_land_use_plan_org2013_2030_zpsa93430bb.jpg

Ringo33
31-01-13, 17:31
Singaporean maybe living in Pulau Ubin in future. Did you notice the roads going into Pulau Ubin and Pulau Tekong on the map.

I suspect gov might develop one into a new sentosa

phantom_opera
31-01-13, 17:33
They reserve all the good lands like Bukit Brown, Keppel, Kallang River Side 15y later .. .maximize return on land sales again

High property prices like HOng Kong are our future, be prepared for 2000psf in D18 :eek:

and Kenobi-wan said he never peg new BTO to resale ... not very true lah ... AMK BTO is near 600psf

lifeline
31-01-13, 17:45
sharing 2 pics:

Regional Centres of Singapore

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/3671/mapofregionalcentresins.png

from skyscrapercity y2koh's speculative map of mrt locations
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...200121&page=58

http://i45.tinypic.com/2rz2kc7.jpg

Ringo33
31-01-13, 18:04
Notice gov is reducing the size of west coast park and convert the east section into commercial purpose

focus
31-01-13, 18:43
They should build all 50storey high (Min) for new HDB flats.
If not, there will not be enough ground space for people to walk freely..

sh
31-01-13, 19:07
Now I understand why CM7 has to come out (in spite of low price growth last year) before all these news. Can you imagine if there is no CM7?

Pasir Panjang going to be happening too in the future... when the port moves west. stock up on FH pasir panjang if you got the moolah...

Pikachu1245
31-01-13, 20:43
They should build all 50storey high (Min) for new HDB flats.
If not, there will not be enough ground space for people to walk freely..

Seems like 40 storey new HDB especially for SERs is already happening liao.....e.g. Clementi / Buona Vista/Teban Garden etc.

kane
31-01-13, 21:28
They reserve all the good lands like Bukit Brown, Keppel, Kallang River Side 15y later .. .maximize return on land sales again

High property prices like HOng Kong are our future, be prepared for 2000psf in D18 :eek:

and Kenobi-wan said he never peg new BTO to resale ... not very true lah ... AMK BTO is near 600psf

no peg, just subsidise from the market rate.

teddybear
31-01-13, 22:05
Well said. I rather have 12m population and all citizens are taken well care of than have 4m and our women have to work as maids and men work as construction workers in other countries! :p

hyenergix
31-01-13, 22:09
Well said. I rather have 12m population and all citizens are taken well care of than have 4m and our women have to work as maids and men work as construction workers in other countries! :p

Actually now with 5.3 mil, r our aged citizens well taken care of, or u see many of them still working as cleaners? MIW likes cute teddybears btw.

teddybear
31-01-13, 22:18
That is because with 5.3m population, not enough serviced based economy & tax revenue to sustain and help the aged and needy citizens. So if citizens want govt's more help, have to go up to 12m population mah. :D

Actually now with 5.3 mil, r our aged citizens well taken care of, or u see many of them still working as cleaners? MIW likes cute teddybears btw.

hyenergix
31-01-13, 22:21
That is because with 5.3m population, not enough serviced based economy & tax revenue to sustain and help the aged and needy citizens. So if citizens want govt's more help, have to go up to 12m population mah. :D

Ur theory might b right...:p

eng81157
01-02-13, 07:35

this would hinge on the ability to create jobs. look at phillipines - huge and still rapidly growing population but not enough jobs

eng81157
01-02-13, 07:38

and a personal gripe, NO MORE PRCs manning nasi padang stalls in foodcourts please!!!! they can man the ban mian stall, fish ball noodle stalls, chap chye stalls for all they like

just recently, wanted to order sayur lodeh at food republic only to realise it's a PRC who can't understand what my orders.

windcar
01-02-13, 08:14

Since we are not a welfare state, do you have a concrete number on how much the govt is spending on the aged and the needy? Or are you simply parroting what the govt has been telling you? My guess is that the spending is insignificant by any standard.

Ringo33
01-02-13, 08:38
Can we just leave politics out and keep the discussion on masterplan and urban development.

Cupcakes
01-02-13, 08:47
Can we just leave politics out and keep the discussion on masterplan and urban development.
i support. These ppl should just shut up, stop saying Singaporean lazy useless want this want that, like to complain etc...

DKSG
01-02-13, 08:50
Office Boy is Back !!!

With the new Population and Land Use plan, does this mean that in the coming years, government will take in the people first then develop the land ?

My take is yes, it is not very much their style to build first then look for people to occupy them.

If people are wondering there is a HUGE surplus of PCs in the coming years, the answer is Yes - if we dont bring in anymore foreigners, and NO! if we are planning to bring in THAT many of them.

Any guidance from experts here ?
DKSG

VS
01-02-13, 09:02
and a personal gripe, NO MORE PRCs manning nasi padang stalls in foodcourts please!!!! they can man the ban mian stall, fish ball noodle stalls, chap chye stalls for all they like

just recently, wanted to order sayur lodeh at food republic only to realise it's a PRC who can't understand what my orders.

I used to see locals and Malaysians selling durians, now lots of PRC selling durians too.

I remember seeing a PRC girl making and selling prata too.

DKSG
01-02-13, 09:11
I used to see locals and Malaysians selling durians, now lots of PRC selling durians too.

I remember seeing a PRC girl making and selling prata too.

Seriously, I think a law must come out that every company, every organisation, stat board, corporation MUST have flag raising ceremony and repeat the pledge EVERYDAY. Especially paying attention the the sentence "regardless of race, language, religion ... PROSPERTIY .. !"

I agree government should do more the its people. But lets no lose the Big Picture. Singapore is a very desirable place for people to want to come and live here. Do you know the meaning of "live here" - that is the uproot themselves, extended families and stay here.

While I also agree that we should have better policies to guard ourselves against foreigners who are just here to rip us off (those who become PR, but plan to cash out on their CPF in time to come and bring monies here back home to HUAT!).

So, friends, dont one bamboo pole whack the whole boat. Our duty as citizens is to help the government (whoever is the gahman), to close up these loopholes and make Singapore a better place to live in.

Huat!
DKSG

westman
01-02-13, 09:13
Seriously, I think a law must come out that every company, every organisation, stat board, corporation MUST have flag raising ceremony and repeat the pledge EVERYDAY. Especially paying attention the the sentence "regardless of race, language, religion ... PROSPERTIY .. !"

I agree government should do more the its people. But lets no lose the Big Picture. Singapore is a very desirable place for people to want to come and live here. Do you know the meaning of "live here" - that is the uproot themselves, extended families and stay here.

While I also agree that we should have better policies to guard ourselves against foreigners who are just here to rip us off (those who become PR, but plan to cash out on their CPF in time to come and bring monies here back home to HUAT!).

So, friends, dont one bamboo pole whack the whole boat. Our duty as citizens is to help the government (whoever is the gahman), to close up these loopholes and make Singapore a better place to live in.

Huat!
DKSG

Agree and pruss one...

DKSG
01-02-13, 09:35
Agree and pruss one...

In case we all forgot our chalk painted white shoes and bermuda-type school uniform, standing still singing National Anthem and repeating this :

We, the citizens of Singapore,
Pledge ourselves as ONE UNITED PEOPLE,
Regardless of RACE, LANGUAGE, or RELIGION,
To build a DEMORATIC society
Base on justice and equality
So as to achieve HAPPINESS, prosperity
and PROGRESS for our Nation.

Got it ?

DKSG

windcar
01-02-13, 09:44

Huat!
DKSG

The problem is with such a high percentage of people as foreigners, and when the economy crashes badly, you will see worse than the 1997 dip in price, and an even longer recovery period. People will start packing up their bags and leave, and no amount of govt policies will bring up the number again. Native SGreans will more likely tend to stay back picking up whatever tab is left behind.

darkseed73
01-02-13, 09:49
lol. Just like telling the Aus, Your forefather are prisoners!! :D

Nope, it's like saying to Aussie, their forefather are prisoners so it's ok to for other countries to send their prisoner over.

earthling
01-02-13, 09:51
Looking at the latest Land Use Plan and MRT Network 2030, the govt is trying to spread residential, commercial and industrial land usage over the island. In the North, we'll have the North Coast Innovation Corridor; South we'll have the Southern Waterfront City; flanked by JLD and Tampinese Regional Centre in the West and East respectively.

I see that in future, the property prices in OCR will continue to rise, closing the gap with RCR and CCR. In fact, as the line between OCR, RCR and CCR continues to blur, property prices in future might very much depend on the following factors:
1. Accessibility and Connectivity (e.g. MRT and Expressway)
2. Amenities (e.g. Mall, Sports and Recreational)
3. Niche of the development (e.g. Designed by renowned architect, waterfront)
4. Prestige of the address (e.g. D9, 10 and 11, as always)

As Singaporeans look for better quality living, properties with the above attributes may have an edge over others in the same region. :2cents:

eng81157
01-02-13, 09:54
4. Prestige of the address (e.g. D9, 10 and 11, as always)

orchard road is already bursting at the seams, as the population now stands at 5.3mil

i can't imagine when it hits 7mil - everyone cheong orchard road every weekend?!?! :eek: :eek:

earthling
01-02-13, 10:07
orchard road is already bursting at the seams, as the population now stands at 5.3mil

i can't imagine when it hits 7mil - everyone cheong orchard road every weekend?!?! :eek: :eek:
Having said that, I hope the govt can extend our retail shopping belt southward to Marina South area, together with future commercial and residential developments there, the Marina area would be our new CBD. Our Shenton and Marina would be something like Pu Dong and Pu Xi of Shanghai.

Also forget to mention, District 1,2,3 and 4 will be regarded as the same prestige as 9, 10 and 11 in the future as our country develops and population hitting 7 million. :)

luzman
01-02-13, 10:33
Having said that, I hope the govt can extend our retail shopping belt southward to Marina South area, together with future commercial and residential developments there, the Marina area would be our new CBD. Our Shenton and Marina would be something like Pu Dong and Pu Xi of Shanghai.

Also forget to mention, District 1,2,3 and 4 will be regarded as the same prestige as 9, 10 and 11 in the future as our country develops and population hitting 7 million. :)
Singapore how to compare with the size of shanghai??

Also, your hope that 1,2,3,4 be equal to 9,10,11 is a little far stretched.. Then pole also hope 5,6,7,8 to be prestige.. The notion of prestige will always be historical.. I think maybe district 1,2 could be comparable for the buzz created by the financial activities but not the rest.. But as we all know, prestige will always be going to the time tested, well known locations by the world which will still be the traditional prime.

Shanhz
01-02-13, 11:21
In case we all forgot our chalk painted white shoes and bermuda-type school uniform, standing still singing National Anthem and repeating this :

DKSG

i like this. those were the days. how much did our canvas shoes cost? any one can rem? i bot a bata sch shoe for my girl recently. $19.99. wah biang. nearly fall off the chair. i couldn't even bear to spend $19.99 to buy sandals for myself.

DMCK
01-02-13, 12:07
i like this. those were the days. how much did our canvas shoes cost? any one can rem? i bot a bata sch shoe for my girl recently. $19.99. wah biang. nearly fall off the chair. i couldn't even bear to spend $19.99 to buy sandals for myself.

you can get $10 a pair at nearby mkt store;)

roly8
01-02-13, 12:22
agree ... Tampines already so crowded still can take 21k more housing units?? :doh: ... the greeneries btn Tampines / Pasir Ris will be gone ... aiya :beats-me-man:

looks like Tengah will have cheapest BTOs in the future

luckily I don't stay in Tampines

waterview, qbay area.. still got land what..

HHAHAHAA

Rosy
01-02-13, 12:25
waterview, qbay area.. still got land what..

HHAHAHAA
There is still land around citylife.

ahchan
01-02-13, 13:07
There is still land around citylife.

Wonder what will happen to the land in front of Citylife@Tampines...??
Already the northern part (bike park) should be reserved for the new Tampines North town...are they going to remove the current bike park ?

4wheels
01-02-13, 20:20
Wonder what will happen to the land in front of Citylife@Tampines...??
Already the northern part (bike park) should be reserved for the new Tampines North town...are they going to remove the current bike park ?

Yes, ever saw in Pasir Ris Punggol poster calendar 2012 that shows Tampines Street XX in the Mountain Bike Park. Back then, I knew tampines bike park will be gone. Could not located the poster now.

azeoprop
01-02-13, 22:00
Concrete jungle everywhere. :(

Rysk
04-02-13, 18:27

Let's say additional 24,000 new household per year
or say 2,000 per mth..

Of every 2,000, 400 choose to buy car per mth... so COE enough boh??
Due to limited road space, if the quota remain low every year... COE confirm will shoot up lor!!! :scared-5:

Shanhz
04-02-13, 20:45
or say 2,000 per mth..

Due to limited road space, if the quota remain low every year... COE confirm will shoot up lor!!! :scared-5:

ppty can buy and hold. COE can or not?

earthling
05-02-13, 09:16
or say 2,000 per mth..

Not only that, despite COE shoots up, our roads will even be more congested. Then the government will implement new measures for road usage. And trust me, the measures would have to do with $$$ and :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: .

Why do you think COE and ERP still stay when they have lost their intended purpose? :doh:

Must plan road use carefully for the 'worst case scenario' of 6.9 million. :mad:

4wheels
06-02-13, 20:23
Yes, ever saw in Pasir Ris Punggol poster calendar 2012 that shows Tampines Street XX in the Mountain Bike Park. Back then, I knew tampines bike park will be gone. Could not located the poster now.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/--V8VXPa8ktQ/Tr0lcWK2lCI/AAAAAAAABXY/D63LCQ8MJc8/s1600/TMBP.jpg

electron
09-02-13, 12:02
"With the Land Use Plan out, the Master Plan - the blueprint for Singapore's physical development and which contains details such as approved use and plot ratio for each site in Singapore - is expected to be completed in around a year's time." From Feb02 Business Times. Full article replicated here (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=16777)

Seems like the Master Plan's not likely to be out so soon, as some have predicted.

electron
09-02-13, 12:07
Here's what the skyscrapercity gurus say.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=89774&page=21

Take a look at posts #418 and #419

minority
09-02-13, 18:49
Not only that, despite COE shoots up, our roads will even be more congested. Then the government will implement new measures for road usage. And trust me, the measures would have to do with $$$ and :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: .

Why do you think COE and ERP still stay when they have lost their intended purpose? :doh:

Must plan road use carefully for the 'worst case scenario' of 6.9 million. :mad:

Don't understand ur logic . Coe are limited. How will Coe go up n road be more crowded? Got ghost? Coe are fix no. No tie to population no.

eng81157
13-02-13, 07:51
Don't understand ur logic . Coe are limited. How will Coe go up n road be more crowded? Got ghost? Coe are fix no. No tie to population no.

there is no upper cap limit on COE

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/lta-to-consider-increasing-number-of-coes.html

RCT
13-02-13, 09:33
Last time MRT breakdown... Now after improvement become smoke and fire.. I think MRT is getting dangerous...

eng81157
13-02-13, 10:05
Last time MRT breakdown... Now after improvement become smoke and fire.. I think MRT is getting dangerous...

at this rate, SMRT better get SCDF chiefs to run the organization :doh: :doh:
and lui tiack kiew said the private ownership model is working :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

ichigo55
13-02-13, 10:08
they are not even considering the fact that our roads are over loaded ... and if it continues, it will affect everything, from logistics to building construction and so forth .. business will be impacted if our roads are not optimally efficient and effective ...
so they should concentrate on reducing the number of COEs instead ... but reconsider the categorization to cater to different business while solving the basic needs like public transport first ... the masses should be the last to be considered as they can use the public transport ...

there is no upper cap limit on COE

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/lta-to-consider-increasing-number-of-coes.html

eng81157
13-02-13, 10:16
they are not even considering the fact that our roads are over loaded ... and if it continues, it will affect everything, from logistics to building construction and so forth .. business will be impacted if our roads are not optimally efficient and effective ...
so they should concentrate on reducing the number of COEs instead ... but reconsider the categorization to cater to different business while solving the basic needs like public transport first ... the masses should be the last to be considered as they can use the public transport ...

well, they have reduced the rate of vehicle growth - i.e. number of COEs still grow, albeit at a smaller rate.

to cut COE numbers may cause prices to rise even further. such a measure should be supplemented with other supporting policies to mitigate undesirable consequences.

furthermore, is LTA willing to forgo a lucrative revenue stream?

DC33_2008
13-02-13, 10:37
Not a very good start for the MRT trains in the Year of the Snake with the fire this morning at Newton Station. Trains resemble the snake. :scared-4:

RCT
13-02-13, 12:00
Not a very good start for the MRT trains in the Year of the Snake with the fire this morning at Newton Station. Trains resemble the snake. :scared-4:

Bloody scary... Our world class MRT system is trying to turn water snake year to fire snake year.. I think I better take bus ba.. At least a higher chance of escaping... What is happening to Singapore.....

eng81157
13-02-13, 12:46
http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2013/02/dubious-footnotes-population-white-paper/

probably some hare-brains wrote the white paper, and hopefully it ain't the same hares that are in this forum :rolleyes:

earthling
14-02-13, 19:59
Ok, let me clarify here. Coe has a quota, but lta can adjust this quota (for vehicle growth, e.g. 0.5%, 1%) as it deems fit. So in a way it is unlimited.

Coe prices (which is what I'm referring to here) has no upper limits for it is open for bidding. :cheers4:

Despite the current high coes in all categories, our roads are getting even more congested. This is enough to prove that the Coe system has failed. It has become only a revenue generating mechanism for the government.

What I think is more feasible is to tax drivers on their usage of vehicles rather than the ownership. Scrap that Coe crap, I say!!!

Suppose I can afford a fleet of supercars but I can't drive my Ferrari and Lamborghini at the same time right? How then are my other cars contributing to road congestion if I can only drive ONE car at any ONE time? Why penalise me when I park my Zonda in my garage? Is my Zonda taking up road space?

For that matter, 3 wheeled motorcycles, long buses and lorries should pay more road tax since they are taking up more physical road space.

Sorry for being off-topic, let's go back to the master plan. :cheers5:

hopeful
14-02-13, 22:07
....For that matter, 3 wheeled motorcycles, long buses and lorries should pay more road tax since they are taking up more physical road space.

i am parroting what others have said.
1) bus can take more people, so even though bus is larger than car, road occupied by each person is smaller.

2) a car area is not only the physical size of the car, but there is also the invisible space.
for example, your supercar is so expensive, nobody dare to scratch it, so other vehicles give your supercar a wider distance. so effectively your supercar may command a bigger area than a minibus.

hyenergix
14-02-13, 22:09
1) bus can take more people, so even though bus is larger than car, road occupied by each person is smaller.

2) a car area is not only the physical size of the car, but there is also the invisible space.
for example, your supercar is so expensive, nobody dare to scratch it, so other vehicles give your supercar a wider distance. so effectively your supercar may command a bigger area than a minibus.

A lot of jams r caused by heavy vehicles or vans using middle n left lanes, leaving only right lane for cars.

proud owner
14-02-13, 22:24

for example, your supercar is so expensive, nobody dato scratch it, so other vehicles give your supercar a wider distance. so effectively your supercar may command a bigger area than a minibus.

most of us drive in the morning and evening
that is the peak hours
and these hours one lane is closed (bus lane) ....

in general most roads at 2-3 lanes ..

i propose we pay only 2/3 road tax or even 1/2 since the time that we use the road ... 1 lane is not available to us ...
:tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

teddybear
14-02-13, 22:44
I have always said, which stupid idiot come up with the stupid idea of 1 lane closed exclusively for buses when jam is already bad enough instead of building a separate bus lane because of traffic jam caused by all these buses and heavy vehicles? :doh:

most of us drive in the morning and evening
that is the peak hours
and these hours one lane is closed (bus lane) ....

in general most roads at 2-3 lanes ..

i propose we pay only 2/3 road tax or even 1/2 since the time that we use the road ... 1 lane is not available to us ...
:tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

earthling
14-02-13, 23:42

Your point 1 is valid but not point 2. Public buses can be exempted from paying extra road tax but why bendy buses on our roads? Double deckers are fine.

Everyday during peak hours, my observation is most of the time the bus lane is empty as our buses frequency CMI. (You want reserved bus lane can, at least give us HK bus frequency standard.) Other heavy vehicles like private bus, trucks and vans will have to switch to middle lane and compete with the cars. Matter gets worse when the right lane is a right turn lane, practically leaving only one lane to move forward.

hopeful
15-02-13, 08:00
Your point 1 is valid but not point 2. Public buses can be exempted from paying extra road tax but why bendy buses on our roads? Double deckers are fine.

Everyday during peak hours, my observation is most of the time the bus lane is empty as our buses frequency CMI. (You want reserved bus lane can, at least give us HK bus frequency standard.) Other heavy vehicles like private bus, trucks and vans will have to switch to middle lane and compete with the cars. Matter gets worse when the right lane is a right turn lane, practically leaving only one lane to move forward.

so if bus have special lane, which one faster, bus or car faster to reach destination, if following the same route during peak period?

earthling
15-02-13, 19:15
so if bus have special lane, which one faster, bus or car faster to reach destination, if following the same route during peak period?
If the bus frequency is low and packed with passengers, taking a bus may not be faster despite special bus lane. We have to improve the bus service, not just drawing more bus lanes. Anyway, I find taking mrt faster than bus.

What I'm saying here is that we should scrap the Coe system and tax road users according to their road usage.

I also hope that our public transport system, i.e. bus, mrt and taxis can be more reliable and efficient so that people are willing to switch to public transport. :)

roly8
15-02-13, 19:32
I have always said, which stupid idiot come up with the stupid idea of 1 lane closed exclusively for buses when jam is already bad enough instead of building a separate bus lane because of traffic jam caused by all these buses and heavy vehicles? :doh:

cannot like that say leh..

as a public transport user, i must say the bus lane is good .. :D
:spliff::cool:

minority
15-02-13, 22:33
If the bus frequency is low and packed with passengers, taking a bus may not be faster despite special bus lane. We have to improve the bus service, not just drawing more bus lanes. Anyway, I find taking mrt faster than bus.

What I'm saying here is that we should scrap the Coe system and tax road users according to their road usage.

I also hope that our public transport system, i.e. bus, mrt and taxis can be more reliable and efficient so that people are willing to switch to public transport. :)

COE meant to control the no. of cars on the road. Road tax n ERP is road usage adjustment.

Scraping COE wont control the no. of cars on the road. even u do a usage base.

unless ur usage charges are so so so expensive people all dont drive. Then people will complain again!

teddybear
15-02-13, 23:11
COE scheme should be changed to be "Pay what you Bid" and not based on lowest successful bid. Because of this, there are many car dealers purposely bid high especially for luxury cars (because of much larger profits) and yet pay the lowest sucessful bid price. Hence, to avoid COE price escalation, COE bidding scheme should be tweaked to "Pay what you Bid".

Ok, let me clarify here. Coe has a quota, but lta can adjust this quota (for vehicle growth, e.g. 0.5%, 1%) as it deems fit. So in a way it is unlimited.

Coe prices (which is what I'm referring to here) has no upper limits for it is open for bidding. :cheers4:

Despite the current high coes in all categories, our roads are getting even more congested. This is enough to prove that the Coe system has failed. It has become only a revenue generating mechanism for the government.

What I think is more feasible is to tax drivers on their usage of vehicles rather than the ownership. Scrap that Coe crap, I say!!!

Suppose I can afford a fleet of supercars but I can't drive my Ferrari and Lamborghini at the same time right? How then are my other cars contributing to road congestion if I can only drive ONE car at any ONE time? Why penalise me when I park my Zonda in my garage? Is my Zonda taking up road space?

For that matter, 3 wheeled motorcycles, long buses and lorries should pay more road tax since they are taking up more physical road space.

Sorry for being off-topic, let's go back to the master plan. :cheers5:

minority
15-02-13, 23:18
COE scheme should be changed to be "Pay what you Bid" and not based on lowest successful bid. Because of this, there are many car dealers purposely bid high especially for luxury cars (because of much larger profits) and yet pay the lowest sucessful bid price. Hence, to avoid COE price escalation, COE bidding scheme should be tweaked to "Pay what you Bid".

Yes I think this is one of the reason. dealers. but what would happen if pay wat u bid but dealers increase thier margin? I think should also allow owners to bid themselves and car dealers cannot surcharge coe not bidded through them.

teddybear
15-02-13, 23:34
Yes, you are right. Car dealers should be banned from bidding for COEs. Only potential owners are allowed to bid for COEs using their SingPass... :p

Yes I think this is one of the reason. dealers. but what would happen if pay wat u bid but dealers increase thier margin? I think should also allow owners to bid themselves and car dealers cannot surcharge coe not bidded through them.

minority
16-02-13, 00:26
Yes, you are right. Car dealers should be banned from bidding for COEs. Only potential owners are allowed to bid for COEs using their SingPass... :p

Singapore many lazy singaporean that rather lock stock barrel other people do for them.