PDA

View Full Version : Will East Coast property prices plunge?

Ringo33
31-01-13, 12:30
MND just release a document on land use. I looks like government is going to do some really major land reclamation along the entire stretch of east coast, which mean the current coast line could be push out by one km.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/8830/eastcoastreclaim.jpg

eng81157
31-01-13, 12:40
that's depicting land use BEYOND 2030

http://www.mnd.gov.sg/landuseplan/e-book/index.html#/14-15/

furthermore, all it says is reserve site and possible reclaimation. this will cause a price drop? that's as about the same likelihood of having a third IR at JLD

Rysk
31-01-13, 12:48
MND just release a document on land use. I looks like government is going to do some really major land reclamation along the entire stretch of east coast, which mean the current coast line could be push out by one km.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/8830/eastcoastreclaim.jpg

No surprising..
Our east sea boundary still have a few km out.. and west side not possible with reclamation for Jurong island & PSA port.. no more space

Just look at the map.. only can reclaim east coast for more residential..

eng81157
31-01-13, 12:52
No surprising..
Our east sea boundary still have a few km out.. and west side not possible with reclamation for Jurong island & PSA port.. no more space

Just look at the map.. only can reclaim east coast for more residential..

another alternative would be to build upwards. add ten storeys to each current HDB flat and viola.

Ringo33
31-01-13, 12:54

furthermore, all it says is reserve site and possible reclaimation. this will cause a price drop? that's as about the same likelihood of having a third IR at JLD

only the small section indicated with dotted lines is not confirmed. the rest of the coast line, which stretches from Fort Road to Still Road will be reclaimed. It is pretty obvious that the reclamation will eventually be stretch to changi airport. And the reason why the leave out one small section in the middle is basically to facilitate the transition. Perhaps only after new beaches are been created on those reclaim land.

So those holding on to FREEHOLD seaview property around that area will eventually be Freehold facing highway.

Regulators
31-01-13, 13:26
on a positive note, the plot ratio of east coast properties might increase, so do you think prices will fall?

electron
31-01-13, 13:26
I live in the East Coast (but already don't have a sea view anyway). With reclamation and new developments along the coast, it is inevitable that existing owners will be affected.

However, insofar as 'perks' such as sea views may be lost, there will also be positive, tangible, more directly beneficial changes, such as the completion of the ERL and the upcoming park connector linking East Coast Park to Gardens by the Bay, which will improve accessibility greatly. Not to mention the benefit of having newer, higher-priced GLS developments in the area to support values of the older freeholds in the vicinity. Those will certainly create buzz in the area.

I am not afraid of values falling drastically, and in fact, have sanguine expectations of the changes to come :)

leesg123
31-01-13, 13:41
I live in the East Coast (but already don't have a sea view anyway). With reclamation and new developments along the coast, it is inevitable that existing owners will be affected.

However, insofar as 'perks' such as sea views may be lost, there will also be positive, tangible, more directly beneficial changes, such as the completion of the ERL and the upcoming park connector linking East Coast Park to Gardens by the Bay, which will improve accessibility greatly. Not to mention the benefit of having newer, higher-priced GLS developments in the area to support values of the older freeholds in the vicinity. Those will certainly create buzz in the area.

I am not afraid of values falling drastically, and in fact, have sanguine expectations of the changes to come :)
i agree. In any case, most housing there are freehold, so dont really bother lah.

lajia
31-01-13, 13:47
IR in JLD?? again I see this twice within these 2 days....where is the concrete news?
Disney land is it?? :scared-5: hahaha...

eng81157
31-01-13, 13:54
IR in JLD?? again I see this twice within these 2 days....where is the concrete news?
Disney land is it?? :scared-5: hahaha...

pardon my too-subtle sarcasm. there's only one guy who is purporting that.

naan1974
31-01-13, 14:33
Mai kan cheong!
last time siglap oso face sea now face building
but still so expensive! so no worries.

ichigo55
31-01-13, 14:48
I don't know why you guys are seeing it that way ... but I see that this will actually mean the plot ratio can be brought higher immediately since the coast line is further out now ... by pushing out the line, the only likely and beneficial use are really CBD or commercial use rather than residential use ...
It only make more sense to build townships further out into the corners of the islands and leave the most exciting southern centre part of the island for the most exciting part of the island

radha08
31-01-13, 14:49
GOOD GOOD news east coast properties will huat...more people more business...erl coming up but feel sorry for those who going to loose their beautiful sea view especially million dollar marine parade hdb:doh:...just hang a picture of a ship on the wall...wahahaha...:D:D:D

Cupcakes
31-01-13, 14:52
GOOD GOOD news east coast properties will huat...more people more business...erl coming up but feel sorry for those who going to loose their beautiful sea view especially million dollar marine parade hdb:doh:...just hang a picture of a ship on the wall...wahahaha...:D:D:D

*keeping fingers cross* wooohooo..... Huat Ah!!!!:hell-hath-no-fury:

Ringo33
31-01-13, 14:56
I don't know why you guys are seeing it that way ... but I see that this will actually mean the plot ratio can be brought higher immediately since the coast line is further out now ... by pushing out the line, the only likely and beneficial use are really CBD or commercial use rather than residential use ...
It only make more sense to build townships further out into the corners of the islands and leave the most exciting southern centre part of the island for the most exciting part of the island

What is the relationship between coast line distant and plot ratio?

I can assure you tat CBd will not move to east coast it will move south and towards Keppel.

radha08
31-01-13, 15:06
What is the relationship between coast line distant and plot ratio?

I can assure you tat CBd will not move to east coast it will move south and towards Keppel.

cbd please dont come to east coast we want girls in bikinis NOT mini skirt:D:D:D

zeamybro
31-01-13, 15:10
cbd please dont come to east coast we want girls in bikinis NOT mini skirt:D:D:D

Yeah we dont need the hustle and bustle of the city... but busty gals are most welcomed :D

VS
31-01-13, 15:51
I suppose sea viewing condos like Laguna Park, Mandarin, Bayshore etc can kiss good bye to enbloc, because in future sea views kenna block?

eng81157
31-01-13, 16:01
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=9306&page=73

please read at govt's plan to develop east coast - does the proposal look like a dampener on property prices??

eng81157
31-01-13, 16:02
I suppose sea viewing condos like Laguna Park, Mandarin, Bayshore etc can kiss good bye to enbloc, because in future sea views kenna block?

do you have any idea how spacious laguna and bayshore are??

zeamybro
31-01-13, 16:29

By 2030, these projects should be more than 50yr old.... existing owners probably have already made enough from rentals or not around anymore..

anyway not vested

august
31-01-13, 16:57
why worry? is 2030 and beyond.

Ringo33
31-01-13, 17:13
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=9306&page=73

please read at govt's plan to develop east coast - does the proposal look like a dampener on property prices??

Which part of ths proposal actually excite you? Nothing more than having park connectors linking exiting township to east coast park.

DC33_2008
31-01-13, 17:27
There will be more coastal reclamation at east coast beach looking at the map.

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/hme_our_land_use_plan_org2013_2030_zpsa93430bb.jpg

Which part of ths proposal actually excite you? Nothing more than having park connectors linking exiting township to east coast park.

leesg123
31-01-13, 17:51
Most coastal area will be reclaimed, not only east coast. Places like pasir ris, punggol, tuas, etc. price up or down? more housing, more ammenities, more huat.

Ringo33
31-01-13, 17:57
Most coastal area will be reclaimed, not only east coast. Places like pasir ris, punggol, tuas, etc. price up or down? more housing, more ammenities, more huat.

East coast usp is its beach and sea view thats why people are willing to pay more live next to expressway. Once you lose that you value proposition will drop for sure.

leesg123
31-01-13, 18:19
East coast usp is its beach and sea view thats why people are willing to pay more live next to expressway. Once you lose that you value proposition will drop for sure.
Well, east coast living is more than the beach lah...

One easy gauge to look at those development that is blocked by new developmenets (e.g. Silversea) Does it drop?

The other possibility is that the 'new' sea view land will be sold at a much higher price to earn back the relaimation cost. Since new lauches at the 'new' sea view sites are at recors new prices, the vicinity price also will trend upwards.

Anywau, no point argue who rite or wrong lah, lets come back to this thread in 2030 and see if east coast sea view (current) are still below $2000psf. Lets see.

Ringo33
31-01-13, 18:28
Well, east coast living is more than the beach lah...

One easy gauge to look at those development that is blocked by new developmenets (e.g. Silversea) Does it drop?

The other possibility is that the 'new' sea view land will be sold at a much higher price to earn back the relaimation cost. Since new lauches at the 'new' sea view sites are at recors new prices, the vicinity price also will trend upwards.

Anywau, no point argue who rite or wrong lah, lets come back to this thread in 2030 and see if east coast sea view (current) are still below $2000psf. Lets see.

The most prized units along east coast are those sea facing ones. Once they lose their usp, rental will drop follow by resale price.

sh
31-01-13, 18:39
How to position yourself with this piece of information?

Avoid overpriced units because they have sea views. Sea views are going to disappear soon. instead of sea facing, they are going to be highway facing (eg silversea). FH or LH both kenna:banghead:

Look for FH units without sea views provided they are already at discount to sea view units. The newer LH developments on reclaimed land will pull up the prices....:cheers1:

proper-t
31-01-13, 20:46
err...may not even happen. If you watch the latest news , the priority is Tekong and Tuas first. BEYOND 2030, they will then look at Marina East, Changi East and Pasir Ris. Dunno when (if ever) they will even get to East Coast park:

quote from CNA news article

Most of the reclamation will be done at Tekong -- an offshore island located on the north eastern part of Singapore, used for military training -- and Tuas, in the south western part of the island.

Beyond 2030, potential reclamation areas include Marina East, Changi East and Pasir Ris. These are also marked as reserve sites that can support future needs such as housing and industries.

Rysk
31-01-13, 20:59
another alternative would be to build upwards. add ten storeys to each current HDB flat and viola.

Not every area can do.. housing near airport/airbase have height limitation.. eg. Paya Lebar, Tengah, Sembawang, Seletar airbase & Changi Airport..

DC33_2008
31-01-13, 21:48
The lease will be ticking down for the 99LH.
How to position yourself with this piece of information?

Avoid overpriced units because they have sea views. Sea views are going to disappear soon. instead of sea facing, they are going to be highway facing (eg silversea). FH or LH both kenna:banghead:

Look for FH units without sea views provided they are already at discount to sea view units. The newer LH developments on reclaimed land will pull up the prices....:cheers1:

radha08
31-01-13, 22:00
The lease will be ticking down for the 99LH.

just like the lease for ALL of us...:scared-1::scared-1::scared-1:

DC33_2008
31-01-13, 22:03
That is right. But least FH properties will outlive us and our future generation will remember us as our name will be on the strata and land titles.
just like the lease for ALL of us...:scared-1::scared-1::scared-1:

hyenergix
31-01-13, 22:06
That is right. But least FH properties will outlive us and our future generation will remember us as our name will be on the strata and land titles.

I tot inherit means everything is transferred? I havent seen a title deed before...

radha08
31-01-13, 22:27
I tot inherit means everything is transferred? I havent seen a title deed before...

father name Tan Ah Kow...transfer to child Tan ah Ngeow...still got Tan what...:D:D:D

hyenergix
31-01-13, 22:34
father name Tan Ah Kow...transfer to child Tan ah Ngeow...still got Tan what...:D:D:D

Okay...so many Tans in Singapore.

zeamybro
31-01-13, 22:39
I know it's good to have foresight and long term planning, but sometimes we forget we are not eternal and don't live forever .... What's going to happen in 2030 is a good 17 yrs down the road. Our priorities might change, and I wonder how many of us would be still active in ppties. Mabbe we are, or mabbe we are not even around anymore, haha. But one thing I am sure is that we should not waste these 17yrs waiting for things to happen ....

Talking about inheritance, I personally feel landed ppties is still the best. Your descendants can choose to keep or rebuild houses repeatedly on the same piece of land (assuming govt don't step in to disturb). U can't do the same as easily on stratas regardless FH or LH

Ringo33
31-01-13, 23:32
I know it's good to have foresight and long term planning, but sometimes we forget we are not eternal and don't live forever .... What's going to happen in 2030 is a good 17 yrs down the road. Our priorities might change, and I wonder how many of us would be still active in ppties. Mabbe we are, or mabbe we are not even around anymore, haha. But one thing I am sure is that we should not waste these 17yrs waiting for things to happen ....

Talking about inheritance, I personally feel landed ppties is still the best. Your descendants can choose to keep or rebuild houses repeatedly on the same piece of land (assuming govt don't step in to disturb). U can't do the same as easily on stratas regardless FH or LH

I personally will not want to play the east coast sea view property game now because it is a matter of time the music is going to stop and I would want to avoid being the sucker holding on to the hot potato.

The entire stretch of condo from Fort Road, Amber, Meyer, Still Road etc will most likely lose their seaview in time to come. And eventually the feeling of living along east coast parkway will become like the old east coast road + a massive and noisy highway in front of you.

kane
01-02-13, 00:04
sea view today, gone tomorrow...

zeamybro
01-02-13, 00:17
sea view today, gone tomorrow...

Haha reminds of The Seaview which get to enjoy the sea view for the first few yrs until Silversea came up and block them all... That time, I thot Seaview is going to lose its value....

But then, the prices of Seaview continue to climb up steeply...

kane
01-02-13, 00:19
Haha reminds of The Seaview which get to enjoy the sea view for the first few yrs until Silversea came up and block them all... That time, I thot Seaview is going to lose its value....

But then, the prices of Seaview continue to climb up steeply...

you need to go into the project to understand why. and actually, the best units aren't the sea facing ones. lol.

zeamybro
01-02-13, 00:22
you need to go into the project to understand why. and actually, the best units aren't the sea facing ones. lol.

Yeps, agree totally.

Having sea views is not always the most critical factor in the pricings at D15 :o

Ringo33
01-02-13, 00:37
can someone please tell me why the review of Sea View on PG is so damn jialat?

zeamybro
01-02-13, 00:44
can someone please tell me why the review of Sea View on PG is so damn jialat?

Dunno leh.. Despite those negative reviews the transactions are still going at rocket high prices, sigh.... No chance for me to enter all these years :doh:

Ringo33
01-02-13, 00:47
Dunno leh.. Despite those negative reviews the transactions are still going at rocket high prices, sigh.... No chance for me to enter all these years :doh:

Maybe owners are already pricing in the ERL MRT

eng81157
01-02-13, 07:26
Not every area can do.. housing near airport/airbase have height limitation.. eg. Paya Lebar, Tengah, Sembawang, Seletar airbase & Changi Airport..

there are loads of old 1st generation HDB that are waiting to be pulled down for SERS development.

up plot ratio in condos, and viola!

DKSG
01-02-13, 08:57
The East Coast Plan together with ERL has been around in the grapevine for quite a few months already.

Now is time to grab some "sea view" facing units if their prices drop 10% after the plan is out. But I doubt there will be many of these deals. If got ping Office Boy ok?

East Coast will be transformed and value will go up. Just look around what the "in the know" developers are doing you will know liao.

Cant say more at this point in time.

All da best! Huat Big Big !!!

DKSG

neonexus
01-02-13, 09:08
The reclamination make sense as its form a bay roughly from laungna Golf to the Bedok jetty. The primary beach along east coast still intact.

Personally I think it will be more interesting then the current elongated beach front.

Ringo33
01-02-13, 09:47
The reclamination make sense as its form a bay roughly from laungna Golf to the Bedok jetty. The primary beach along east coast still intact.

Personally I think it will be more interesting then the current elongated beach front.

If we are going to increase the population by 30% and at the same time shrinking the beaches, this is what we might get in future.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mmBw3uzPnJI/TD29WyIl2qI/AAAAAAABcJ8/MUiRP8R9IOY/s400/crowded_beach_china_02.jpg

proper-t
01-02-13, 10:02
Don't think it will happen...only as a last resort.

It will be political suicide for Marine Parade GRC if they take away the beaches for the residents there......

That's why the game plan is to reclaim Pulau Tekong and Tuas first. They will be consolidating all the army camps (in Tekong) and industries (shipyards etc) in Tuas freeing up a big bundle of land. Golf courses and cemetries will go. Changi beach will be next because the only residents there are army camps, hospital, airport and old black and whites.

neonexus
01-02-13, 10:02
If we are going to increase the population by 30% and at the same time shrinking the beaches, this is what we might get in future.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mmBw3uzPnJI/TD29WyIl2qI/AAAAAAABcJ8/MUiRP8R9IOY/s400/crowded_beach_china_02.jpg

bro, it is even more longer la...

proper-t
01-02-13, 12:00
Don't think it will happen...only as a last resort.

It will be political suicide for Marine Parade GRC if they take away the beaches for the residents there......

That's why the game plan is to reclaim Pulau Tekong and Tuas first. They will be consolidating all the army camps (in Tekong) and industries (shipyards etc) in Tuas freeing up a big bundle of land. Golf courses and cemetries will go. Changi beach will be next because the only residents there are army camps, hospital, airport and old black and whites.

I remember the furore by Serangoon garden's residents just over a foreign workers' domitory...so you can imagine what will happen if you try to take away somebody's beach front. Don't forget, there are lines of HDB blocks facing the sea too.

Hey, btw, isn't S'goon gardens in Aljunied GRC?

august
01-02-13, 12:09
I remember the furore by Serangoon garden's residents just over a foreign workers' domitory...so you can imagine what will happen if you try to take away somebody's beach front. Don't forget, there are lines of HDB blocks facing the sea too.

uh huh, and lim hwee hua was booted out for good.

seletar
01-02-13, 12:31

Replaced by Sylvia Lim Swee Lian, new MP for Serangoon Garden and Serangoon North.

proper-t
01-02-13, 12:47

Replaced by Sylvia Lim Swee Lian, new MP for Serangoon Garden and Serangoon North.

haha.. you are right. I can just imagine TPL trying to explain to Marine Parade residents that their beloved beach front is going to go....:scared-1:

Ringo33
01-02-13, 12:58

Actually those HDB flat around marine parade will still get the beaches. Its only those private apartment between Fort and Still Road that will lose their seaview.

In about 20 years time, those HDB flat should be ready for SERS. Perhaps they will be relocated to the new reclaimed land with unblock views.

in this case, hdb is better than freehold

Rysk
01-02-13, 13:07
haha.. you are right. I can just imagine TPL trying to explain to Marine Parade residents that their beloved beach front is going to go....:scared-1:

What happen to those who paid record price recently for the seaview??!!
Later sure KPKB and bang table one.. :simmering:

proper-t
01-02-13, 13:15
Actually those HDB flat around marine parade will still get the beaches. Its only those private apartment between Fort and Still Road that will lose their seaview.

In about 20 years time, those HDB flat should be ready for SERS. Perhaps they will be relocated to the new reclaimed land with unblock views.

in this case, hdb is better than freehold

Hmmm... so the rest of residents between Fort and Still road don't get to vote? There are also some blocks of flats between Parkway parade and Still road.

We are not just talking about views but proximity to the beach front. If you were a resident in Marine Parade (and even assuming you don't have a sea facing unit), wouldn't you be a bit miffed if the beach was shifted 1km away or shrunk to a small stretch?

Somehow, I think the political risk would be a bit hard for them to stomach given their past GE performance and especially if there are alternatives elsewhere to reclaim with minimal political impact. That's why I say it will only happen as a last resort.

hyenergix
01-02-13, 13:17
The seawater around Singapore is actually quite dirty:

1. Discharge from the ships.
2. Discharge from the sewage treatment plants.
3. Discharge from the drains.
4. Discharge from the cooling systems of petrochemical and power plants.
5. Discharge from the manufacturing plants from Johor.

My advice is try not to swim in the waters. I'm not sure why so many people fall in love with the sea in Singapore. To me the water is disgusting.

Ringo33
01-02-13, 13:27
Hmmm... so the rest of residents between Fort and Still road don't get to vote? There are also some blocks of flats between Parkway parade and Still road.

We are not just talking about views but proximity to the beach front. If you were a resident in Marine Parade (and even assuming you don't have a sea facing unit), wouldn't you be a bit miffed if the beach was shifted 1km away or shrunk to a small stretch?

Somehow, I think the political risk would be a bit hard for them to stomach given their past GE performance and especially if there are alternatives elsewhere to reclaim with minimal political impact. That's why I say it will only happen as a last resort.

I am pretty sure many owners of private apartment in that area are investors who does get to vote in MP.

eng81157
01-02-13, 13:32

My advice is try not to swim in the waters. I'm not sure why so many people fall in love with the sea in Singapore. To me the water is disgusting.

please tell that to all punggol supporters.......they are located near the sewage plant. any change in water directions - whoa, swimming in processed crap water

proper-t
01-02-13, 13:42
I am pretty sure many owners of private apartment in that area are investors who does get to vote in MP.

Yes, I know quite a few who not only own apts in that area but also stay in the immediate vicinity because they have lived there all their life, like being near to the beach front and the proximity to the city. So yes, they definitely get to vote in MP and yes they will be supremely 'happy' to hear the news that their investments will be negatively impacted.

What is more important is not what they think but what the people in power think?

Embark on a politically risky undertaking whereby they may lose a big GRC ? or taking a less risky route which still achieves the same end-game.

I haven't even started on all the residents there who will be simply 'ecstatic' to share a small stretch of beach as a result of that decision.....

earthling
01-02-13, 13:45

Agree, but people just like sea view, they don't care if they can (or will) swim in it or not. :rolleyes:

hopeful
01-02-13, 14:03
what about virtual windows and sky ceilings?
http://www.skyfactory.com/

DC33_2008
01-02-13, 14:17
NOw i know why it is called WaterTown. ;)
please tell that to all punggol supporters.......they are located near the sewage plant. any change in water directions - whoa, swimming in processed crap water

DKSG
01-02-13, 14:20
You guys really good man!

Like that also can hope East Coast property price crash ?

Try looking at Gold Coast, US California Santa Barbara, Monterey beaches.
Those house further inland, prices are just a tinge cheaper.

Moreover, by the time they build up East Coast like Gold Coast (which I think will be a miracle - and I will vote in any government that is able to do that!), prices would have already cheong a few rounds lo!

That being said, if prices go down by 10%, please inform Office Boy.

I help u buy at 9% off valuation ... hehe..

DKSG

eng81157
01-02-13, 14:22
Yes, I know quite a few who not only own apts in that area but also stay in the immediate vicinity because they have lived there all their life, like being near to the beach front and the proximity to the city. So yes, they definitely get to vote in MP and yes they will be supremely 'happy' to hear the news that their investments will be negatively impacted.

What is more important is not what they think but what the people in power think?

Embark on a politically risky undertaking whereby they may lose a big GRC ? or taking a less risky route which still achieves the same end-game.

I haven't even started on all the residents there who will be simply 'ecstatic' to share a small stretch of beach as a result of that decision.....

let's us not be too quick to jump into conclusions that these properties will be negatively impacted.

firstly, would we, assumingly as owners, offer our units at a 10-20% discount upon hearing the news?

secondly, if govt is gonna site a recreational centre or extend the CBD to opposite tanjong rhu, would prices dip? there may be a tradeoff, with gains from being in proximity to new amenities against the loss of sea view.

thirdly, will we even live to see the day when all is planned come to pass? ;)

eng81157
01-02-13, 14:26
NOw i know why it is called WaterTown. ;)

heheh, u mean (crap) WaterTown ;)

eng81157
01-02-13, 14:28

Moreover, by the time they build up East Coast like Gold Coast (which I think will be a miracle - and I will vote in any government that is able to do that!), prices would have already cheong a few rounds lo!

DKSG

i offer to buy at 8% off. lai lai, PM me don't be shy :D

DC33_2008
01-02-13, 14:29
There is a nice golf course near Monterey Bay.

proper-t
01-02-13, 14:30
let's us not be too quick to jump into conclusions that these properties will be negatively impacted.

firstly, would we, assumingly as owners, offer our units at a 10-20% discount upon hearing the news?

secondly, if govt is gonna site a recreational centre or extend the CBD to opposite tanjong rhu, would prices dip? there may be a tradeoff, with gains from being in proximity to new amenities against the loss of sea view.

thirdly, will we even live to see the day when all is planned come to pass? ;)

All valid points... especially the last one :cheers4:

I was just trying to point out that whatever decision our govt takes, we would be naive to think that they have not considered the politcial angle. I think they have learnt from the last GE the impact of decisions taken. Like you said, we may not even be around to see what they have planned come into fruition.

focus
01-02-13, 14:51

The beach is actually quite useless.. imho..

I go there to feel the seabreeze ..but I won't ventured into the waters man..
even the sand ..walau.. so dirty and coarse.. i hurt my delicate feet.. lol

DKSG
01-02-13, 15:00

Geez ! Publicly undercut me ?! Like that how can prices go down ?!

Just say 9% off valuation also can call u la !
I dont mind u give a bit of furniture vouchers to entice the sellers.

DKSG

Ringo33
01-02-13, 15:50

DKSG
I think you are forgetting that beside losing the sea view many of these units will still have to live with the noise from expressway.

Like in other parts of Singapore, unit facing expressway are always cheaper. So the effect of lousing sea view could be twice as hard for those owners who have paid top dollars for the sea view.

Cupcakes
01-02-13, 15:55
I think you are forgetting that beside losing the sea view many of these units will still have to live with the noise from expressway.

Like in other parts of Singapore, unit facing expressway are always cheaper.
last time i was looking for a haunted house like someone committed suicide...., hoping it will be cheaper. But answer is No. :tongue3:

hopeful
01-02-13, 15:56

Like in other parts of Singapore, unit facing expressway are always cheaper. So the effect of lousing sea view could be twice as hard for those owners who have paid top dollars for the sea view.
maybe noisier? since the sound that presently goes out into the open sea will be partially reflected back by the new buildings?

hopeful
01-02-13, 15:58
last time i was looking for a haunted house like someone committed suicide...., hoping it will be cheaper. But answer is No. :tongue3:

squarefoot.com.sg lose out to squarefoot.com.hk
http://www.squarefoot.com.hk/haunted/

so i think your competing buyers are unaware, hence still submit high bid, hence seller no need to reduce price.

Jaykj
01-02-13, 16:09

DKSG

I really wish it turn out to be like Goldcoast man! Even from the hinterland, the view to the skyscrapers along Goldcoast is simply amazing. East Coast Parkway is pathetic now....

AK47
01-02-13, 17:02
Didnt they say they are increasing the land by reclamation xx hectres? The map shown could be land reclaimed and zone under reserved by 2030. While the dotted circles are land to be claimed after 2030.

DKSG
02-02-13, 00:55
I really wish it turn out to be like Goldcoast man! Even from the hinterland, the view to the skyscrapers along Goldcoast is simply amazing. East Coast Parkway is pathetic now....

We can only do a mini Gold Coast, maybe call Silver Coast, which is probably how SilverSea got its name ?!

DKSG

Ringo33
02-02-13, 06:03
Didnt they say they are increasing the land by reclamation xx hectres? The map shown could be land reclaimed and zone under reserved by 2030. While the dotted circles are land to be claimed after 2030.

thats exactly how I read it. Basically the reclamation on both eastern and western part of east coast beach have already started for awhile, its only the middle section (long island) part that is not confirmed yet.

I think the focus now is to finish up the Tekong, Tuas and Pasir Panjang reclamation, once done they continue with the east coast .

proper-t
02-02-13, 08:12

Read this

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1251352/1/.html

Wait long long before southern parts are touched....Relevant parts are highlighted below:

To accommodate 700,000 new homes by 2030, there are plans for new towns, new homes in existing estates and more homes in the central region.

For example, Tengah -- a military training area -- will be transformed into a new town with about 55,000 homes. The plan is to consolidate military training activities at Tekong once reclamation there is complete.

Most of the reclamation will be done at Tekong -- an offshore island located on the north eastern part of Singapore, used for military training -- and Tuas, in the south western part of the island.

BEYOND 2030, potential reclamation areas include Marina East, Changi East and Pasir Ris. These are also marked as reserve sites that can support future needs such as housing and industries.

Other possible future reclamation sites include clusters around the western islands and the southern parts of Singapore.

electron
02-02-13, 08:21
Read this

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1251352/1/.html

Relevant parts are highlighted below

Hmm but it does say that "Beyond 2030, potential reclamation areas include Marina East, Changi East and Pasir Ris. These are also marked as reserve sites that can support future needs such as housing and industries."

Seeing that the area at the western end of ECP is Marina East, does it mean that they may start on East Coast only after 2030? There's no direct reference to East Coast.

Or, possibly, plans aren't even 100% firm yet; the East Coast reclamation has been in the concept plan for at least 10 years, perhaps it will remain status quo for longer still.

Let's wait for clearer direction when they release the Master Plan (or when they close East Coast Park :scared-5: )

proper-t
02-02-13, 08:29
Hmm but it does say that "Beyond 2030, potential reclamation areas include Marina East, Changi East and Pasir Ris. These are also marked as reserve sites that can support future needs such as housing and industries."

Seeing that the area at the western end of ECP is Marina East, does it mean that they may start on East Coast only after 2030? There's no direct reference to East Coast.

Or, possibly, plans aren't even 100% firm yet; the East Coast reclamation has been in the concept plan for at least 10 years, perhaps it will remain status quo for longer still.

Let's wait for clearer direction when they release the Master Plan (or when they close East Coast Park :scared-5: )

Its even clearer if you watch the news video on CNA.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/video/index.php?vidfile=w130131_sg_landuse.flv

From now to 2030, Tekong and Tuas. They will only look at the other sites in yellow AFTER 2030 and even so the news report only highlighted Marina East, Changi East and Pasir Ris. Yep, no mention of East coast or Marine parade area. As I have pointed out before, its quite politically sensitive. Things will probably be clearer after 2030 but that is a long long way ahead...lots of things may change by then.

NorthernStar
02-02-13, 10:13
If you read other report. The 3 new towns, tampines north, bidadari and Tengah can only supply ard 90, 000 units. Where to get the supply of another 600, 000 by 2030?

Tuas not possible. Tekong? I doubt they will remove the military bases there. To find spaces, I guess reclaim land near east coast will start before 2030. Maybe it is really the political sensitive that they dare not announce it by now.

Look the not so updated Google map. Tekong already partially filled. Much bigger area filled compared to my boat trip to malaysia 6 years ago. Given another 5 year, they can fill up the whole area.

zeamybro
02-02-13, 10:40
The so called 'new coastline' has been around for years...... u can find it on a very big interactive multimedia screen in the URA gallery.. which shows you how the singapore coastlines have morphed since the 1800s to early 1900s to 2000s and beyond.... including what we see in this 2030 land use plan

proper-t
02-02-13, 11:13
If you read other report. The 3 new towns, tampines north, bidadari and Tengah can only supply ard 90, 000 units. Where to get the supply of another 600, 000 by 2030?

Tuas not possible. Tekong? I doubt they will remove the military bases there. To find spaces, I guess reclaim land near east coast will start before 2030. Maybe it is really the political sensitive that they dare not announce it by now.

Look the not so updated Google map. Tekong already partially filled. Much bigger area filled compared to my boat trip to malaysia 6 years ago. Given another 5 year, they can fill up the whole area.

Read the white paper...they are NOT moving the military bases out of tekong. They are expanding tekong so that they can move all the military bases in mainland singapore there. The space freed by the military bases will be used for redeveleopment. Because of sensitivity, I don't think they are gonna reveal the size of the military bases but if you have been to NS, you will know they are pretty large spaces. Likewise they are expanding Tuas and moving all the industrial areas (shipyards etc) there. This, coupled with the planned acusition of golf courses, cemetries, bukit turf club will yield up quite a lot of land.

Ringo33
02-02-13, 11:25
Read the white paper...they are NOT moving the military bases out of tekong. They are expanding tekong so that they can move all the military bases in mainland singapore there. The space freed by the military bases will be used for redeveleopment. Because of sensitivity, I don't think they are gonna reveal the size of the military bases but if you have been to NS, you will know they are pretty large spaces. Likewise they are expanding Tuas and moving all the industrial areas (shipyards etc) there. This, coupled with the planned acusition of golf courses, cemetries, bukit turf club will yield up quite a lot of land.

They are not moving ALL the military bases to Tekong, only certain military camps perhaps those non strategic training camps. if you read the land use report, defence land will continue to expand

Ringo33
02-02-13, 11:29
The so called 'new coastline' has been around for years...... u can find it on a very big interactive multimedia screen in the URA gallery.. which shows you how the singapore coastlines have morphed since the 1800s to early 1900s to 2000s and beyond.... including what we see in this 2030 land use plan

The entire Marina east and Tanjong Rhu area was actually reclaimed. Here is a picture of tanjon rhu area taken not too long ago. I reckon development for Marina East should starts once they are done with the Marina Coast Expressway and reclamation along east coast should resume one they are done with Tekong.

For government, reclamation work has to continue as quickly as possible before countries like Vietnam or cambodia ban export of sands.

http://koon.com.sg/images/GVT2_big.jpg

zeamybro
02-02-13, 12:42
The entire Marina east and Tanjong Rhu area was actually reclaimed. Here is a picture of tanjon rhu area taken not too long ago. I reckon development for Marina East should starts once they are done with the Marina Coast Expressway and reclamation along east coast should resume one they are done with Tekong.

For government, reclamation work has to continue as quickly as possible before countries like Vietnam or cambodia ban export of sands.

Ringo ... Thanks for the nice pic, wow!

But just a small correction, the Tj Rhu area is not a reclaimed land ie.. the long strip of land which the Tj Rhu condos are sitted on right now. It used to hold a shipyard, and i guess they only shape up the coastal line at most

The land reclaimatiom of east coast and the marina side started in the late 1960s though ....

blackapple
04-02-13, 11:17
From today ST.

blackjack21trader
05-02-13, 16:30
Either many siaolangs or I am the only siaolang, East Coast will rocket into hyper space after the 2013 Master Plan release la.:doh:

minority
05-02-13, 16:36
Either many siaolangs or I am the only siaolang, East Coast will rocket into hyper space after the 2013 Master Plan release la.:doh:

EAST is the place to be!... !

Ringo33
05-02-13, 16:44
new, old or future east coast?

blackjack21trader
05-02-13, 17:04
new, old or future east coast?

Good brother Ringo33, I ask you a simple question:

If under land acquisition act of any country, which is riskier :
*) To acquire from single corporate developer or many PRIVATE owners owning a land ?
Riskier as in Hong Kong, it may result in many unhappy old uncles and aunties.

if under new height revision, which is easier ?
*) To sell new land banks or let developers enbloc old lands and rebuild higher?
Easier as in enblocking will make many happy old uncles and aunties, killing many birds with one stone effectively.

I will let you ponder on the above points and shall say no more.

Good Luck.

blackjack21trader
05-02-13, 17:09
HUAT ARH !

blackjack21trader
05-02-13, 17:11
HUAT ARH !

sometimes, i really wonder what is wrong with me? Time to take medicine ?

PN
05-02-13, 17:30
sometimes, i really wonder what is wrong with me? Time to take medicine ?

Do you know what's the best medicine for you?

PN
05-02-13, 17:32
Do you know what's the best medicine for you?

Your medicine is right here.................. you just need to post more stories here.

Ringo33
05-02-13, 18:44
Good brother Ringo33, I ask you a simple question:

If under land acquisition act of any country, which is riskier :
*) To acquire from single corporate developer or many PRIVATE owners owning a land ?
Riskier as in Hong Kong, it may result in many unhappy old uncles and aunties.

if under new height revision, which is easier ?
*) To sell new land banks or let developers enbloc old lands and rebuild higher?
Easier as in enblocking will make many happy old uncles and aunties, killing many birds with one stone effectively.

I will let you ponder on the above points and shall say no more.

Good Luck.

the easiest and more profitable way is to generate new land and then sell it as prime sea view LH land to MND which will then sell it to HDB and private developers. Based on my calculation, the land area around marina east and the extended reclaim land along the east coast, it should be big enough to build an Ang Mo Kio town there, which is around 577ha. With 5.7million m2 of prime sea land at their disposal, they will be ultra busy planning how to milk the cow, where got time to talk about land acquisition.

blackjack21trader
05-02-13, 18:53
the easiest and more profitable way is to generate new land and then sell it as prime sea view LH land to MND which will then sell it to HDB and private developers. Based on my calculation, the land area around marina east and the extended reclaim land along the east coast, it should be big enough to build an Ang Mo Kio town there, which is around 577ha. With 5.7million m2 of prime sea land at their disposal, they will be ultra busy planning how to milk the cow, where got time to talk about land acquisition.

Are you crazy ?

You know how long to finish reclaim a land and then let it sit to be viable for building a town ?

By that time, I think I already got many grandchildren liao la

WOAHAHAHAHHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHEHHHU

blackjack21trader
05-02-13, 18:54
Are you crazy ?

You know how long to finish reclaim a land and then let it sit to be viable for building a town ?

BTW, I already said to let u ponder on it. How come I so big mouth leh ?

Time to take my medicine liao !:doh:

blackjack21trader
05-02-13, 18:57
BTW, I already said to let u ponder on it. How come I so big mouth leh ?

Time to take my medicine liao !:doh:

BTW number 2, to make sure a prosperous town is viable on the new land. The infrastructures on the old land must be enhanced first la.

Why I so BIG MOUTH AGAIN ?

BYE BYE, just took my prozac, going to sleep liao.:doh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt13OAYXhPU

buttercarp
05-02-13, 19:00
BTW number 2, to make sure a prosperous town is viable on the new land. The infrastructures on the old land must be enhanced first la.

Aiyo why you take prozac at night?
You may have problems sleeping and you have to come back here to post again :p .

Ringo33
05-02-13, 19:04
Are you crazy ?

I reckon it will take 5 to 8 years to reclaim the entire block (if they can secure sufficient sand supply) and another 5 years or so for soil to settlement.

But those land around Marina East should be ripe for harvest when MCE is complete.

blackjack21trader
05-02-13, 19:28
I reckon it will take 5 to 8 years to reclaim the entire block (if they can secure sufficient sand supply) and another 5 years or so for soil to settlement.

But those land around Marina East should be ripe for harvest when MCE is complete.

I was already sleeping, then suddenly I woke up. I thought what...now I read this then I know.

Yes la yes la.. U r right la.. You just have to reveal to everyone tiobo?

blackjack21trader
05-02-13, 19:29
Aiyo why you take prozac at night?
You may have problems sleeping and you have to come back here to post again :p .

Not meh? I thought Prozac can calm the nerves?

No wonder early in the morning 4am I wake up Liao.:doh:

proud owner
05-02-13, 21:57

Is that all he time it needs?

I was told some years ago, part of the sand used for reclaimation comes from west coast. Where they are dredging to build a port deep enough to move the terminals from pasir panjang over....

True?

proud owner
05-02-13, 21:59

Why?

I would have thought. With the new east coast on the reclaimed land, the old east coast like Joo Chiat etc. Will becomes Old Town. And reamains old. Why shud it be enhanced first?

Ringo33
05-02-13, 22:27
Is that all he time it needs?

I was told some years ago, part of the sand used for reclaimation comes from west coast. Where they are dredging to build a port deep enough to move the terminals from pasir panjang over....

True?
The dredging in west coast and tuas is not to recover sands for reclamation it is to ensure the waters are deep enough for accommodate new generation of super large container vessel.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12/09/article-2245394-160AD0C4000005DC-341_636x288.jpg

Actually there is still a lot of reclamation work at Pasir Panjang right now

http://www.mpa.gov.sg/sites/circulars_and_notices/pdfs/port_marine_notices/pn13-07.pdf

proud owner
05-02-13, 22:53
The dredging in west coast and tuas is not to recover sands for reclamation it is to ensure the waters are deep enough for accommodate new generation of super large container vessel.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12/09/article-2245394-160AD0C4000005DC-341_636x288.jpg

Actually there is still a lot of reclamation work at Pasir Panjang right now

http://www.mpa.gov.sg/sites/circulars_and_notices/pdfs/port_marine_notices/pn13-07.pdf

yes i know its to ensure its deep enough for big liners...

but the 'sand' has been used for reclaimation as well

Ringo33
05-02-13, 23:06
yes i know its to ensure its deep enough for big liners...

but the 'sand' has been used for reclaimation as well

sands are now coming from Vietnam Cambodia, Myanmar

blackjack21trader
06-02-13, 05:08
Why?

I would have thought. With the new east coast on the reclaimed land, the old east coast like Joo Chiat etc. Will becomes Old Town. And reamains old. Why shud it be enhanced first?

due to population increase. it is more worthwhile to increase building height but reserve new land banks for future capacity.

good luck.

Ringo33
06-02-13, 07:05
due to population increase. it is more worthwhile to increase building height but reserve new land banks for future capacity.

good luck.

East Coast / Bedok area is considered as one of the most congested town in Singapore and there is really not much scope to intensify the township without going on a land acquisition spree to clear out those FH landed properties to enlarge the roads and to build highrise apartment and flat.

In the MND land use plan, it is pretty clear that their focus for the next 17 years will be to build new towns through reclamation and using reserve land. Increase building height in Singapore will be very selective as the government would want to avoid en bloc tsunami before any new township is being build to cater for the displaced families.

But by the time when the coast line is 2km further south, I am not sure if developers and investors will still be keen on the existing coastal area.

eng81157
06-02-13, 07:26

more than 5 years is required for soil to settle properly, especially so if the area is meant to house human settlements and infrastructure. must not only be stable, but also able to handle the weight and additional surface/underground movements and vibrations

eng81157
06-02-13, 07:28
East Coast / Bedok area is considered as one of the most congested town in Singapore and there is really not much scope to intensify the township without going on a land acquisition spree to clear out those FH landed properties to enlarge the roads and to build highrise apartment and flat.

In the MND land use plan, it is pretty clear that their focus for the next 17 years will be to build new towns through reclamation and using reserve land. Increase building height in Singapore will be very selective as the government would want to avoid en bloc tsunami before any new township is being build to cater for the displaced families.

But by the time when the coast line is 2km further south, I am not sure if developers and investors will still be keen on the existing coastal area.

reclaimation is to take place after 2030, and it is still only a possibility now. it's easily another 30-40 years from now, before reclaimed land can be used to house human settlements

zeamybro
06-02-13, 07:41
reclaimation is to take place after 2030, and it is still only a possibility now. it's easily another 30-40 years from now, before reclaimed land can be used to house human settlements

Yes, you are right. This so called east coast "reclaimation plan" has been around more than a decade, nothing new at all. It really got me excited 12yrs ago, but now, I wonder when its going to finally get materialised ... *yawnz*

Concept Plan 2001
http://www.ura.gov.sg/gallery/images/2001YearXConceptPlanA3.pdf

proper-t
06-02-13, 08:07
Yes, you are right. This so called east coast "reclaimation plan" has been around more than a decade, nothing new at all. It really got me excited 12yrs ago, but now, I wonder when its going to finally get materialised ... *yawnz*

Concept Plan 2001
http://www.ura.gov.sg/gallery/images/2001YearXConceptPlanA3.pdf

Yep, the intentions are already spelt out quite clearly in the news report on the white paper. Only AFTER 2030 and even so, there are other reclaimation areas to choose from. Why it has not come to fruition since 12 yrs ago was partly due to the political sensitivity. Construction and reclaimation works are never popular with residents especially if its going to affect their lifestyle. This is even more critical now given the PAP's showing in the last GE. Don't hold your breath. I reckon it will be a long long time (maybe even never) before this stretch is even realised.

hyenergix
06-02-13, 08:16
Sand purchase has been a politically sensitive issue. I suppose land reclamation will take place slower than we expect.

Ringo33
06-02-13, 08:19

I am not a reclamation engineer, but we can certainly use Tuas reclamation project as a guide.

Reclamation at Tuas port is still going on right now and according to MPA, PSA will start moving out of Keppel port in 10 years time, and Pasir Panjang port will make way for future southern city development by 2030.

Between now and 2030, we have about 17 years, so I dont see why we need another 30 to 40 for the east coast reclamation project.

The reclamation around East Coast is not a possibility, it is an absolute necessity because that is the only coast line left in Singapore which is available for a massive reclamation.

And government will definitely make it happen when Tekong and Tuas reclamation is completed because any further delay will mean escalating cost and diminishing supply.

proper-t
06-02-13, 08:26
The reclamation around East Coast is not a possibility, it is an absolute necessity because that is the only coast line left in Singapore which is available for a massive reclamation.

There's a huge reserve site at Changi east which is also along a coast line...

Notice the news articles mention it specifically. Why do you think?

FROM CNA : Beyond 2030, potential reclamation areas include Marina East, Changi East and Pasir Ris. These are also marked as reserve sites that can support future needs such as housing and industries.

Other possible future reclamation sites include clusters around the western islands and the southern parts of Singapore.

Ringo33
06-02-13, 08:27
Sand purchase has been a politically sensitive issue. I suppose land reclamation will take place slower than we expect.

You are wrong. Singapore is by far the largest sand importer of the world and it is in our government interest to complete as much reclamation work when there are supply.

If we wait another 20-30 years, countries like Vietnam, Cambodia, or Myanmar will become rich enough to restrict sand export.

eng81157
06-02-13, 08:29
I am not a reclamation engineer, but we can certainly use Tuas reclamation project as a guide.

Reclamation at Tuas port is still going on right now and according to MPA, PSA will start moving out of Keppel port in 10 years time, and Pasir Panjang port will make way for future southern city development by 2030.

Between now and 2030, we have about 17 years, so I dont see why we need another 30 to 40 for the east coast reclamation project.

And government will definitely make it happen when Tekong and Tuas reclamation is completed because any further delay will mean escalating cost and diminishing supply.

i guess you aren't that good at math.

17 years to 2030 before reclaimation takes place
5-10 years for reclaimation
another 10 years for stabilization

this all adds up to at least 30 years in the making before anything can be built on the reclaimed land, that is assuming reclaimation even takes place by 2030

Ringo33
06-02-13, 08:31
There's a huge reserve site at Changi east which is also along a coast line...

There will be cater for future airport expansion

eng81157
06-02-13, 08:32
You are wrong. Singapore is by far the largest sand importer of the world and it is in our government interest to complete as much reclamation work when there are supply.

If we wait another 20-30 years, countries like Vietnam, Cambodia, or Myanmar will become rich enough to restrict sand export.

please look at how easily japan went into myanmar - 1st mover's advantage, just by writing off debt in return for guarantees to japanese firms planting a foothold in the economy.

it isn't hard to import sand

Ringo33
06-02-13, 08:37
i guess you aren't that good at math.

17 years to 2030 before reclaimation takes place
5-10 years for reclaimation
another 10 years for stabilization

this all adds up to at least 30 years in the making before anything can be built on the reclaimed land, that is assuming reclaimation even takes place by 2030

The problem with your math is there is no logic behind it.

Why do we need to wait for 17 years to start working on the East Coast reclamation with existing mega reclamation work in Tuas and Tekong should be completed in about 3 to 4 years.

Ringo33
06-02-13, 08:39
please look at how easily japan went into myanmar - 1st mover's advantage, just by writing off debt in return for guarantees to japanese firms planting a foothold in the economy.

it isn't hard to import sand
Countries like Japan, Singapore and Korea have never left Myanmar in the first place despite of all the embargo because of their interest in Myanmar natural resources.

hyenergix
06-02-13, 08:39

I think the pace has to moderate else the environmental damage will be too obvious and there could be local backlash or NGOs using that as a platform to black-smear Singapore. But you right about lower supply in future. This is a delicate balancing act.

proper-t
06-02-13, 08:41
There will be cater for future airport expansion

You also have not taken into account Pasir Ris plot. According to land use paper, land slated for ports and airports only increase by 2200ha. we know that the ports will move to Tuas etc. Even assuming 3/4 of the 2200ha is slated for airport, that reserve site in Changi east is way bigger than 1650ha.

eng81157
06-02-13, 08:43
The problem with your math is there is no logic behind it.

Why do we need to wait for 17 years to start working on the East Coast reclamation with existing mega reclamation work in Tuas and Tekong should be completed in about 3 to 4 years.

wah piang eh?! the white paper states it so clearly that the plan for possible reclaimation is beyond 2030

learn to read :doh: :doh:

eng81157
06-02-13, 08:49

duh, we all know that. the point was just with a easy swipe on debt, japanese companies are guarantee first rights to the construction business.

importing sand isn't as hard as you claim, and it isn't a supply issue. it is the local politics, nationalistic sentiments and corruption that the exporters have to contend with

Ringo33
06-02-13, 08:50
wah piang eh?! the white paper states it so clearly that the plan for possible reclaimation is beyond 2030

learn to read :doh: :doh:

the area marked for possible reclamation is the LONG ISLAND indicated by dotted line. The site which I am talking about here is the reserves site next to Marina East.

learning to read is one thing, understand what you are reading is more important.

Ringo33
06-02-13, 08:53
duh, we all know that. the point was just with a easy swipe on debt, japanese companies are guarantee first rights to the construction business.

I think you are being too gullible into thinking that by throwing money at Myanmar government, you will get the first right to project.

Have you ever ask yourself, why there is this Japanese debt in the first place?

Ringo33
06-02-13, 08:58
importing sand isn't as hard as you claim, and it isn't a supply issue. it is the local politics, nationalistic sentiments and corruption that the exporters have to contend with

a self contradictory statement

eng81157
06-02-13, 09:01
a self contradictory statement

what is so contradictory? just go to a country that has friendly ties and loads of land, and pay them good money or do something to sweeten the deal

:doh: :doh: quoting PCK, 'use your blain, use your blain'

Ringo33
06-02-13, 09:14
what is so contradictory? just go to a country that has friendly ties and loads of land, and pay them good money or do something to sweeten the deal

:doh: :doh: quoting PCK, 'use your blain, use your blain'
As much as you try to show me that you understand the logic behind what you are saying, you are actually making yourself more vulnerable.

This is what I wrote

So I am not sure why you are telling me something which I already know. Since when did I talk about the availability and existence of sands in these countries?

Pay them good money? Good has to be economical viable, and good is subjective to the economic well being of the countries that export sands.

eng81157
06-02-13, 09:19
As much as you try to show me that you understand the logic behind what you are saying, you are actually making yourself more vulnerable.

This is what I wrote

So I am not sure why you are telling me something which I already know. Since when did I talk about the availability and existence of sands in these countries?

Pay them good money? Good has to be economical viable, and good is subjective to the economic well being of the countries that export sands.

since when did malaysia and indon refuse to export sand because they were rich enough?! :doh: :doh: wah piang, must i even connect the dots for you

eng81157
06-02-13, 09:22

eh, look at your statement 'when there are supply' (note: grammar mistake liao)

never talk about availability? :doh:

proper-t
06-02-13, 09:35
Watch the news in this video from 01.37 onwards :

It is very clearly stated and displayed. From now to 2030, 5200ha from Tekong/Tuas by consolidating industries and military training grounds. The yellow reserves sites will only be considered as potential reclaimation sites BEYOND 2030.

Ringo33
06-02-13, 09:36
since when did malaysia and indon refuse to export sand because they were rich enough?! :doh: :doh: wah piang, must i even connect the dots for you
It is not by coincidence that we are importing cheap sands from only from the poorest and under developed neighboring countries like Vietnam, Myanmar and Cambodia and not Malaysia Thailand etc.

go figure

Ringo33
06-02-13, 09:40
Watch the news in this video from 01.37 onwards :

It is very clearly stated and displayed. From now to 2030, 5200ha from Tekong/Tuas by consolidating industries and military training grounds. The yellow reserves sites will only be considered as potential reclaimation sites BEYOND 2030.

By 2030, land at tekong and tuas will be completely ready to use, but that doesnt mean they need 17 years to complete those reclamation work and from now till 2030, they are not allow to start reclamation work at East Coast

The reclamation work for Tekong and Tuas will have to be completed lastest by 2020 before the land could be

Ringo33
06-02-13, 09:42
eh, look at your statement 'when there are supply' (note: grammar mistake liao)

never talk about availability? :doh:

dont need to bring yourself this low to start talking about grammar in a property forum.

eng81157
06-02-13, 09:43
Yes, but that doesnt mean that from now till 2030, they are not allow to start reclamation work at East Coast

The reclamation work for Tekong and Tuas will have to be completed lastest by 2020 before the land could be

wah piang, if you want to twist your way out, might as well say land reclaimation starts tomorrow. just throw a fistful of sand and that qualifies a start.

can't debate within context then change goalposts....:banghead: :banghead:

Ringo33
06-02-13, 09:44
wah piang, if you want to twist your way out, might as well say land reclaimation starts tomorrow. just throw a fistful of sand and that qualifies a start.

can't debate within context then change goalposts....:banghead: :banghead:

this is not twisting, this is understanding what you read.

proper-t
06-02-13, 10:00
By 2030, land at tekong and tuas will be completely ready to use, but that doesnt mean they need 17 years to complete those reclamation work and from now till 2030, they are not allow to start reclamation work at East Coast

Based on that logic and since the east coast reclaimation was already in the concept plan ages ago, why haven't they started on it already since in your view, it is so compelling?

Why in all the recent news have they omitted to mention it when the subject about land reclaimation comes up?

All I see being mentioned in the news are Marina East, Changi East and Pasir Ris.

There must be a reason why they are hesistant to even bring it up, let alone implement it.

There are less politically risky alternatives to provide housing for its residents which is why the possibility of this being implemented is remote at best.

Ringo33
06-02-13, 10:07
Based on that logic and since the east coast reclaimation was already in the concept plan ages ago, why haven't they started on it already since in your view, it is so compelling?

Why in all the recent news have they omitted to mention it when the subject about land reclaimation comes up?

All I see being mentioned in the news is Marina East, Changi East and Pasir Ris.

There must be a reason why they are hesistant to even bring it up, let alone implement it.

There are less politically risky alternatives to provide housing for its residents which is why the possibility of this being implemented is remote at best.
I can only speculate that the reason why it was held back

1) There are more urgency to complete the other reclamation site. E.g. Tuas south, and Pasir Panjang Tekong

2) There was an unexpected disruption of sand supply from traditional sources such as Malaysia and Indonesia

Hence thats why I am saying once Tuas and Tekong reclamation work is complete, they next logical site to work on will be East Coast because that site offer huge potential.

proper-t
06-02-13, 10:17
I can only speculate that the reason why it was held back

1) There are more urgency to complete the other reclamation site. E.g. Tuas south, and Pasir Panjang Tekong

2) There was an unexpected disruption of sand supply from traditional sources such as Malaysia and Indonesia

Hence thats why I am saying once Tuas and Tekong reclamation work is complete, they next logical site to work on will be East Coast because that site offer huge potential.

So, why the priority on Tekong and Tuas then?

What makes you think that East Coast will be next when there are quite a few alternative reserve sites in yellow apart from the East Coast which by the way are (notably Marina East, Pasir Ris and Changi East) mentioned blatantly in the news.

Do you think their reasons for according priority to Tekong/Tuas will be any different when it comes to selecting a site from the yellow reserve list?

eng81157
06-02-13, 11:18
this is not twisting, this is understanding what you read.

well, i understand that a hare-brained was talking about how singapore must reclaim land when there is still supply of sand. and then the hare-brained u-turned to say there was no talk about availability of sand.

sorry, i don't think i can lower my cognitive abilities to yours. since when is possessing good grammatical skills considered low? :doh: :doh:

eng81157
06-02-13, 11:20

What makes you think that East Coast will be next when there are quite a few alternative reserve sites in yellow apart from the East Coast which by the way are (notably Marina East, Pasir Ris and Changi East) mentioned blatantly in the news.

Do you think their reasons for according priority to Tekong/Tuas will be any different when it comes to selecting a site from the yellow reserve list?

eh, don't bother. the logic behind is as good as the hare-brain's take that JLD will house the next IR

buttercarp
06-02-13, 12:08
Hi Ringo, I enjoy reading your posts!
Do keep it up.
Please do not be discouraged by those who disagree with you and call you names.

blackjack21trader
06-02-13, 12:39
Do keep it up.

somehow I got a feeling from my THIRD EYE this ringo33 works in URA.:D

Ringo33
06-02-13, 12:55

Obviously by reclaiming Tekong and Tuas, government will be able to free up existing military and southern coastal land for development. And these are "matured" land which they could build high rise immediately without having to wait for soil settlement.

Plus PSA can only start relocating to Tuas when the entire reclamation project is completed because the port will be located at the southern tip of the reclaim site, which will be the last part of the reclamation work.

Dont need to argue about the east coast reclamation. government already handed down the death sentence, it is only a matter of time before it will be executed.

Ringo33
06-02-13, 13:07
well, i understand that a hare-brained was talking about how singapore must reclaim land when there is still supply of sand. and then the hare-brained u-turned to say there was no talk about availability of sand.

sorry, i don't think i can lower my cognitive abilities to yours. since when is possessing good grammatical skills considered low? :doh: :doh:

I am not going to bring myself that low to argue with your about grammar, nor do I need to get your approval for the word I use. what I just wish to highlight to you that the below comment you made in response to my statement is self contradictory.

importing sand isn't as hard as you claim, and it isn't a supply issue. it is the local politics, nationalistic sentiments and corruption that
the exporters have to contend with

It is as good as saying owning a Ferrari in Singapore isnt as hard, it is about how much you make.

If you think importing sand is easy, why not set up a company to sell sands to Singapore government. I am sure you will huat big time.

eng81157
06-02-13, 13:26
I am not going to bring myself that low to argue with your about grammar, nor do I need to get your approval for the word I use. what I just wish to highlight to you that the below comment you made in response to my statement is self contradictory.

It is as good as saying owning a Ferrari in Singapore isnt as hard, it is about how much you make.

If you think importing sand is easy, why not set up a company to sell sands to Singapore government. I am sure you will huat big time.

aww.....no one is trying to approve your language, but i wonder who was the hare-brained that equated lowliness with poor grammar.

just look at the amount of sand SG is importing now - is it hard? owning a ferrari isn't harder than owning a toyota: why? both require $ and sellers are available. can't get from local AD, go for parallel imports. same for sand imports, can't get from Msia and Indon, just venture further and pay more. what is so difficult about it? hence, your argument that SG must reclaim land as quickly as possible while there is supply, is flawed :doh: :doh: . there was never a short of suppliers.

and hare-brained, in this context, the ease of importing sand is compared across countries that supply sand and not individual companies. another flawed logic :doh:

electron
06-02-13, 13:30
Do keep it up.
There's no need for any of us to convince others that our views are correct, or better than others'. Our perspectives are often tainted by our vested interests, and it's good to understand that that is also the case for others on our forum. :cheers4:

proper-t
06-02-13, 13:47
Obviously by reclaiming Tekong and Tuas, government will be able to free up existing military and southern coastal land for development. And these are "matured" land which they could build high rise immediately without having to wait for soil settlement.

Plus PSA can only start relocating to Tuas when the entire reclamation project is completed because the port will be located at the southern tip of the reclaim site, which will be the last part of the reclamation work.

Dont need to argue about the east coast reclamation. government already handed down the death sentence, it is only a matter of time before it will be executed.

You haven't answered my question about the alternative sites? Why choose east coast over the others when the news itself blatantly omits it over others? You think the political ramifications are not significant?

I think you need not try so hard when they have already spelt it out clearly in their press interviews and the news announcements. No action will be taken for the yellow reserve sites until beyond 2030. Anyway, I call your bluff. Wait for 2030 and see how.

Leeds
06-02-13, 13:54

There are hearsays that almost the entire stretch of East Coast Parkway will be reclaimed. This is either to increase Singapore land size or to prevent the entire East Coast Parkway from sinking due to raising sea level. Any sea views that we may be enjoying now will be gone in the years to come. - Dated 6 Feb 2012

This is hearsay was from people who were closely working at ground level. It could be true or just at the drawing board stage. This government is always planning 30 to 50 years ahead. I have heard many times at ground level that raising sea level is a real concern and thus the need to raise or extend the coastal areas. East Coast being densely populated is a real concern. Remember, the sea was just next to The Seaview many many years ago? - Dated 21 Mar 2012

I quoted above my responses to Mr Shawn on another thread in this forum exactly a year ago. The 'grassroot' news about East Coast is that the new reclaimed land will have a lower plot ratio than the current stretch of land from Fort Road to Bayshore so those on very high floor may still enjoy some seaview. Of course this could change if our population indeed stretch to 6.9m.

indomie
06-02-13, 14:03
aww.....no one is trying to approve your language, but i wonder who was the hare-brained that equated lowliness with poor grammar.

just look at the amount of sand SG is importing now - is it hard? owning a ferrari isn't harder than owning a toyota: why? both require $ and sellers are available. can't get from local AD, go for parallel imports. same for sand imports, can't get from Msia and Indon, just venture further and pay more. what is so difficult about it? hence, your argument that SG must reclaim land as quickly as possible while there is supply, is flawed :doh: :doh: . there was never a short of suppliers.

and hare-brained, in this context, the ease of importing sand is compared across countries that supply sand and not individual companies. another flawed logic :doh:
Sand must be sourced from close proximity. Its a matter of economy and ecology. We can't import sand from australia. Its just too far.

If we can get some sand from countries that still allow selling it, we must do it as quickly as possible. While their regulation hasn't change. Just like johor water, they can suddenly ask for more. Knowing that the price is only going up, therefore getting it cheap now is always a good idea.

Shanhz
06-02-13, 14:08
Sand must be sourced from close proximity. Its a matter of economy and ecology. We can't import sand from australia. Its just too far.

If we can get some sand from countries that still allow selling it, we must do it as quickly as possible. While their regulation hasn't change. Just like johor water, they can suddenly ask for more. Knowing that the price is only going up, therefore getting it cheap now is always a good idea.

this is true. garmen has tried and explored faraway places like middle east and china. but logistics is a distance game. cost proportional to distance.

eng81157
06-02-13, 14:11

certainly close proximity is important. but when msia and indon stops, SG just have to venture further. water isn't a resource that you can stockpile indefinitely, and sand isn't either. besides, the importance of inter-country relationships and politics gets played up.

i believe what you actually mean is it isn't cost efficient to import sand from australia. distance is not an issue, since sand is shipped from Vn to SG.

NorthernStar
06-02-13, 14:14
Getting Sands to come in open casino is easy...:D

While global warming taken it effects and water level raised in future. Countries will find selling sand is like selling their country's lands to others. Singapore will be facing more obstacles to buy sand...

Ringo33
06-02-13, 14:26
- Dated 6 Feb 2012

- Dated 21 Mar 2012

I quoted above my responses to Mr Shawn on another thread in this forum exactly a year ago. The 'grassroot' news about East Coast is that the new reclaimed land will have a lower plot ratio than the current stretch of land from Fort Road to Bayshore so those on very high floor may still enjoy some seaview. Of course this could change if our population indeed stretch to 6.9m.

Yes, government is trying to kill 2 birds with one stone. Reclaim east coast coastal area with higher ground, to create more land and to protect ourselves from rising sea level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlbcFotA7lw

Ringo33
06-02-13, 14:29
certainly close proximity is important. but when msia and indon stops, SG just have to venture further. water isn't a resource that you can stockpile indefinitely, and sand isn't either. besides, the importance of inter-country relationships and politics gets played up.

i believe what you actually mean is it isn't cost efficient to import sand from australia. distance is not an issue, since sand is shipped from Vn to SG.

you so good at sourcing sands, why not set up a company to buy sands from overseas and sell to government?

indomie
06-02-13, 14:31

Distance is definitely an issue. The sand that we got doesn't come from hanoi. It probably come from a small island closer to sg. Its much closer than u imagine. The same as indonesia sand doesn't come from jakarta. Sand is what we call NEV (no economic value) to some people who has plenty of it. Therefore the cost of transport carry the bulk of its price. Yes, u can stockpile sand indefinitely.

hopeful
06-02-13, 14:32

i could not understand this part.
they have to wait for tekong and tuas land to be settled before the ports can be shifted to tuas and southern coastal land can be redeveloped.

so redevelopment of southern coastal land still need to wait for soil settlement, albeit in an indirect way.

Ringo33
06-02-13, 14:36
i could not understand this part.
they have to wait for tekong and tuas land to be settled before the ports can be shifted to tuas and southern coastal land can be redeveloped.

so redevelopment of southern coastal land still need to wait for soil settlement, albeit in an indirect way.

redeveloping of existing southern coastal land currently occupied by PSA port from Keppel to West Coast.

Ringo33
22-02-13, 21:52
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=16915

Ringo33
13-03-13, 21:24
Did anyone watch today's episode of IT Figures : Build your own Bidadari

It does show that by 2030, the east coast area will be extended.

There is a replay at 11.30 later. go watch it

Ringo33
31-03-13, 01:33
watch from 05.20 onwards.

http://live.channelnewsasia.com/tv/tvshows/itfigures/build-your-own-bidadari-ep-4/603574.html

kane
31-03-13, 01:46
bidadari only house 11,000 new homes? sure or not? doesn't feel like a lot. i was thinking it could house more. maybe 20k no?