PDA

View Full Version : When will CCR prices recover?

CCR
04-03-13, 22:12
When do you think CCR prices recover and be like 2007 days? Do younforesee it being dead forever since many forummers claim that OCR now very convenient with suburban malls, orchard road too crowded and touristy?

Good transport network in suburban areas...

So will OCR properties become only 20-30% cheaper than similar CCR properties?

Rosy
04-03-13, 22:17
When government remove absd.

teddybear
04-03-13, 22:20
My personal opinions:
1) When govt removes ABSD, or when other properties investors favorite investment place higher ABSD or equivalent compare to Singapore so that Singapore properties looks attractive to them again.
2) Yes possible, but cannot sustainable, just a blip. In future, either CCR average price has to increase to widen the gap to >100% difference so that OCR can sustain the price, or OCR will crash to <$1000 psf, which is what is the affordable price of heartlanders. Good transport network is useless if the income of the heartlanders can't make them easily affordable to upkeep the OCR private properties... With so many PMETs being imported, I suspected local PMETs incomes, especially the middle-income and lower middle-incomes, will be suppressed, making OCR price at <100% to CCR unsustainable.

When do you think CCR prices recover and be like 2007 days? Do younforesee it being dead forever since many forummers claim that OCR now very convenient with suburban malls, orchard road too crowded and touristy?

Ringo33
04-03-13, 22:58

there has been a big shift in government policy. They are no longer welcoming HNWI with open arms like before.

Governments are now taxing them on their property, their cars and discouraging them from putting more money into property. This will eventually drive money away to somewhere else.

leesg123
04-03-13, 23:08
I hope it wont go up too soon as i am building up $ to get one more ccr.
My current ccr which i entered in late 2012 can get a gross yield of 5.2%

What does it imply? Go figure out.

Ringo33
04-03-13, 23:15
I hope it wont go up too soon as i am building up $ to get one more ccr.
My current ccr which i entered in late 2012 can get a gross yield of 5.2%

What does it imply? Go figure out.

MM rental yield loh :D

thomastansb
04-03-13, 23:18
Actually is quite deadlock. If prices continue to go up, not only CM7 will not be removed, there will be CM8, 9 , 10 etc.

Also, there are more investors buying OCR houses so Government will never remove CM7 if the index didn't drop 5 to 10%.

Or if Government tweak CM7 into D1, D2, D4, D9-11 only. But really unlikely.

ahkongkid
04-03-13, 23:28
How to talk about recovery when it hasn't even found a bottom. Prices are still sliding and number of unsold units increasing with supply coming on board. :doh:

Rysk
05-03-13, 07:01
How to talk about recovery when it hasn't even found a bottom. Prices are still sliding and number of unsold units increasing with supply coming on board. :doh:
With CM1 to CM7 in place.. So where is the "bottom"?
MR B had promised me that I can get my dream Hamilton Scotts at $4.Xm by 2015 lor..

Ringo33
05-03-13, 07:15
MR B had promised me that I can get my dream Hamilton Scotts at $4.Xm by 2015 lor..

with the revised ARF for luxury car, Hamilton Scotts somehow got even more expensive now unless you are thinking of parking cherryQ in your living room :D

bargain hunter
05-03-13, 07:19
we r still at hamilton scotts? hehehehehe.

heard that the rich don't really like the concept. perhaps, 1800psf is possible afterall in 2015. :D

desfrie
05-03-13, 07:41
Even though the supply is increasing, we must not forget that every year, another 100k pax is coming to our shores. Of course not all of them can afford CCR properties but just 0.5% is 500 units per year.

Personally I see some softening in CCR prices but not a sharp drop. There is only so limited no. of such freehold prime properties in the long run. The key word is looking at things in mid-long term. In the short term, the CMs have truncated the market.

ahkongkid
05-03-13, 08:31

Precisely prices are still dropping that’s why how to call for bottom for CCR? You just have to refer to bargain hunter’s thread on CCR properties sold at loss. Hilltops 2.6k psf good enuff for you sir?

DC33_2008
05-03-13, 08:39
Not ALL CCR condos are losing money.
Precisely prices are still dropping that’s why how to call for bottom for CCR? You just have to refer to bargain hunter’s thread on CCR properties sold at loss. Hilltops 2.6k psf good enuff for you sir?

ahkongkid
05-03-13, 08:47
Not ALL CCR condos are losing money.

well the question here was recovery to 2007 prices?

DC33_2008
05-03-13, 09:00
Some have exceeded the 2007 price if you research closely.

Rysk
05-03-13, 09:47
Some have exceeded the 2007 price if you research closely.
All thanks to the CMs.. Otherwise all will cross the 2007 mark easily .. :D

kane
05-03-13, 20:03
All thanks to the CMs.. Otherwise all will cross the 2007 mark easily .. :D

give you a chance to buy more before running off. that is provided one has the ammo to pay all that upfront downpayment plus ABSD etc.

Wild Falcon
05-03-13, 20:17
Not true. Still welcoming the HNWI with open arms. Maybe just stricter with the middle management type of expats. But then HNWI from PRC nowadays are also more savvy - they longer can be conned into buying Paterson Suites at $5000psf.

there has been a big shift in government policy. They are no longer welcoming HNWI with open arms like before.

Governments are now taxing them on their property, their cars and discouraging them from putting more money into property. This will eventually drive money away to somewhere else.

Wild Falcon
05-03-13, 20:19
Cannot be. Most CCRs are doing ok should exceed 2007 prices. Those low-end CCR like Novena, River Valley and Holland at $1400psf to $1800psf should still be in-the-money. Its only those ultra luxury that is struggling.

CCR
05-03-13, 22:02
Will we see the bull run like in 2006 and 2007 for CCR? And when?