PDA

View Full Version : New mixed devt to add buzz to Geylang

irisng
05-03-13, 20:50
By Nikki De Guzman (https://plus.google.com/100790823888246925558/about):

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/en/property-management-news/2013/3/35305/New%20mixed%20devt%20to%20add%20buzz%20to%20Geylang?utm_source=emailer-italerts&utm_medium=edm&utm_campaign=news-daily

Pavilion Square (pictured), a new freehold mixed-use development by Pollux Properties, is set to become the only shopping mall in the Geylang area for the foreseeable future.

The project will comprise 42 apartment units within a single eight-storey residential block, designed by Singapore firm Metaphor Design + Architect. Facilities will include a swimming pool with Jacuzzi, gym, BBQ pit, sky garden and 42 car parking spaces.
Pavilion Square also includes a single five-storey plus one basement commercial development offering 93 commercial units and 16 carpark lots.

As freehold retail spaces are a rarity, the shops are expected to provide good opportunities to property owners due to high human traffic, an ideal location and strong rental yield.

Located at 345 Geylang Road in District 14, Pavilion Square is close to three MRT stations, two banks, supermarkets and schools. It will also be near the upcoming National Sports Hub, Paya Lebar Commercial Hub, East Coast Park and the CBD.
The project is expected to obtain TOP by 2015.

babyt
05-03-13, 21:02
as usual, all the usual comments about geylang will come in soon. :rolleyes:

may2012
06-03-13, 10:46
"five-storey plus one basement commercial development offering 93 commercial units and 16 carpark lots. "

Wah! only 16 carpark lots??? :doh:

siewsphone
06-03-13, 15:26
Another PLUS to Geylang? :D

JAFCO
26-03-13, 10:37
By Nikki De Guzman (https://plus.google.com/100790823888246925558/about):

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/en/property-management-news/2013/3/35305/New%20mixed%20devt%20to%20add%20buzz%20to%20Geylang?utm_source=emailer-italerts&utm_medium=edm&utm_campaign=news-daily

Pavilion Square (pictured), a new freehold mixed-use development by Pollux Properties, is set to become the only shopping mall in the Geylang area for the foreseeable future.

The project will comprise 42 apartment units within a single eight-storey residential block, designed by Singapore firm Metaphor Design + Architect. Facilities will include a swimming pool with Jacuzzi, gym, BBQ pit, sky garden and 42 car parking spaces.
Pavilion Square also includes a single five-storey plus one basement commercial development offering 93 commercial units and 16 carpark lots.

As freehold retail spaces are a rarity, the shops are expected to provide good opportunities to property owners due to high human traffic, an ideal location and strong rental yield.

Located at 345 Geylang Road in District 14, Pavilion Square is close to three MRT stations, two banks, supermarkets and schools. It will also be near the upcoming National Sports Hub, Paya Lebar Commercial Hub, East Coast Park and the CBD.
The project is expected to obtain TOP by 2015.

Sehong siong took over a space beside it....that commercial shops did not do well even with high traffic.....
think the problem the traffic there is not interested in shopping lah....

mcmlxxvi
26-03-13, 10:53
Sehong siong took over a space beside it....that commercial shops did not do well even with high traffic.....
think the problem the traffic there is not interested in shopping lah....

do u know if shengshiong is doing well?

given the high numbers of price sensitive prc bros n sis workers there, theoretically they ought to.

siewsphone
26-03-13, 12:23
I hope it will not end up with KTV and massage shops.

irisng
26-03-13, 12:53
Sometimes pass-by Sheng Siong, quite crowded inside and outside. The only set back is the parking space, it is so difficult to find a parking lot there. So I think it can only cater to the nearby neighbourhood who use only "11" cars.

siewsphone
28-03-13, 17:20
SOLD OUT!!!!

http://news.omy.sg/News/Local-News/Ya-Long-Xie-He-Dian-Mian-Chuang-Mo-Yuan-Chi-Jie-Ji-Lu-150542

babyt
28-03-13, 21:42
Thomson V Two have 80 MM shops but only a handful shops are opened for business.

PS is along Geylang Rd and with many new projects coming around...I hope it can attract tenants to rent.

SQ008
31-03-13, 21:09
at 10000psf, the people buying must be crazy

irisng
31-03-13, 21:11
at 10000psf, the people buying must be crazy

You mean $10000psf, is it the advertiser typing error?

SQ008
31-03-13, 22:37
Nope that was what was reported - Novena Regency is 7000-8000psf. So 10,000 is not surprising and is a new record

irisng
01-04-13, 08:14
Wow, if the buyer purchases at this price, isn't it that he has to mark up a lot for his selling price.

kane
01-04-13, 08:55
Or charge a lot for his rental.

SQ008
01-04-13, 09:07
Yup, $15 for a plate of nasi lemak

kane
01-04-13, 09:11
Their belachan fry with bird's nest??

zzgiggs
05-06-13, 22:08
any thoughts on resi for this vs the other geylang devts like Loft ?

scarkerr
08-06-13, 01:25
any thoughts on resi for this vs the other geylang devts like Loft ?

i think the presence of the mall is gonna add psf bonuses to properties in its vicinity. However, personally i wont pick a residential above the mall..Convenient yes, but its noisy.

i hate the massive traffic flow of people and them lingering.:tongue3:
Geylang is a massively heavy flow area, people walking around, lots of cars and parking is a pain. i'm not sure how they can allocate lots between tenants n residence..

Go for a high floor, but then again, Geylang condos are restricted in height..
U cant go beyond level 10 or so... Loft has only 8 floors or 4 units

zzgiggs
09-06-13, 22:35
i think the presence of the mall is gonna add psf bonuses to properties in its vicinity. However, personally i wont pick a residential above the mall..Convenient yes, but its noisy.

Geylang is a massively heavy flow area, people walking around, lots of cars and parking is a pain. i'm not sure how they can allocate lots between tenants n residence..

that's true, im looking at rental though, so was thinking maybe getting a resi which is part of a mall, would be potentially more attractive to expat tenants, not sure if this train of thought is generally correct ?

irisng
11-06-13, 21:11

Ya, parking is really a headache at Geylang. So many food stalls and yet so little parking lots + parking lots are in the mess, all over the place (at the narrow lanes and side roads), not properly organise. The Geylang MP should look into this matter, don't just because it make up of most pte ppty there and neglect the traffic and parking condition there.