PDA

View Full Version : Five property questions that you can’t ask

vip
12-03-13, 23:11
http://propertysoul.com/2013/03/12/five-property-questions-that-you-cant-ask/

Five property questions that you can’t ask

March 12, 2013

As a member of the fairer sex, I am aware of questions that I shouldn’t ask anyone, especially my better half.

“Do I look fat to you?”

“Do I look older now?”

“Do you still love me?”

The person being thrown these questions will most likely refrain from saying what he really thinks. Because he knows that the person asking them wants reassurance rather than the truth.

Afterall, these are questions that we ladies know the answers better than anybody else. And if we ourselves don’t know, it is either we want to hear a different answer, or we simply choose not to know.

It also shows our lack of confidence and maturity which makes us look vulnerable. Indeed, we are opening ourselves for easy manipulation by others.

The same applies to properties.

I write in my earlier post that most people can’t think for themselves. “They look around for others, for people who seem to have the authority or the experience, to tell them what is really going on.”

Don’t get me wrong. It is absolutely fine to ask people who have rich experience for their advice or to consult people who have relevant expertise for a second opinion.

But there are questions that are simply awkward to ask, especially to ask people who come with vested interests.

Here are some obvious examples of property questions that you can’t ask.

1) What should I buy with $xxx budget?

This question is going to make the property agents love you, provided that your budget is big enough.

They will try their best to help you spend up to the last dollar of your budget in order to pocket the maximum commission. But they are only helping you to spend, not getting you the good deals, not even the properties that are suitable for you.

Next time, do your own research first. Get some ideas about what property types and projects are available in various price range.

When you are asked about your budget, just indicate a range. Unless you are prepared to pay any price for your target property, keep the bottom line to yourself so that you can negotiate the price with the seller.

2) Is it still a good time to buy?

All developers, property agents, industry analysts, owners who want to sell, people who just bought will all say ‘yes’. The government and propertysoul will say ‘no’.

You are in a better position than anyone to decide for yourself. Find out what happened during the past few property cycles. Revisit your objective of buying, your financials and your long-term plan to come up with your own answer.

3) Where is a good place to buy?

Marketing agents at the showflats of new launch will say you’ve come to the right place. Owners always say their condo is the best before they manage to sell it. Agents and analysts who specialize in commercial properties keep reminding you that their sector is very hot now. Companies selling overseas properties throw in free seminars to convince you that the pastures are greener elsewhere.

The truth is: professional investors never let slip of where they are buying now, not until they have made enough money out of it.

4) Are more cooling measures going to come?

As soon as the minister in charge is still in office, the answer will always be positive.

5) Is the market going to crash soon?

Yes, soon enough.

star
12-03-13, 23:26
This blogger maybe is mr B, if u read his previous posts all are negative.

acidic.straw
13-03-13, 07:42

I don't see anything negative leh. It just states behavioural patterns of various property players.

irisng
13-03-13, 08:22
These are the most common questions that non-investors or new investors will ask, if not what type of questions should they ask? Maybe not ask the agents but get advice from the forummers here:ashamed1:. For me, like it, then buy, always buy already then ask :D, that's before I come to know this forum but now must ask first before I buy liao.

leesg123
13-03-13, 08:38
This guy offload too early and missed the boat several times. That is why those posting, esp the last point. Me too can make similar statement:
Will I go shit later?
Yes definitely.

Will the sun set at the west?
Yes, soon. With 100% confirmation.

radha08
13-03-13, 08:48
Will the sun set at the west?
Yes, soon. With 100% confirmation.

in spore so many CM its a JOKE....very soon will have new CM...those house facing EAST sun must pay ABSD...additional buyers SUN duty...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

:D:D:D

Leeds
13-03-13, 08:50
These are the most common questions that non-investors or new investors will ask, if not what type of questions should they ask? Maybe not ask the agents but get advice from the forummers here:ashamed1:. For me, like it, then buy, always buy already then ask :D, that's before I come to know this forum but now must ask first before I buy liao.

The participants in this forum consists of many property agents and people working in the related industries who rely on the real estate market for a living. There are also a lot of people who bought properties recently and many more landlords here in this forum. Can the input from these individuals be non-bias?

Of course there will be some minority participants who are neutral such as Thread Starter (VIP) who always try to present a more balanced view.

Finally, there are some individuals here who will always present a very negative view for the same reason as those vested.

This forum should be used to exchange ideas and information and even forge friendship but not to rely on to make your million dollar decision.

leesg123
13-03-13, 09:04
Of course there will be some minority participants who are neutral such as Thread Starter (VIP) who always try to present a more balanced view.

This statement:

Yes, soon enough.

Is that balanced? I would say that a balanced statement is:
Maybe.

radha08
13-03-13, 09:06
The participants in this forum consists of many property agents and people working in the related industries who rely on the real estate market for a living. There are also a lot of people who bought properties recently and many more landlords here in this forum. Can the input from these individuals be non-bias?

Finally, there are some individuals here who will always present a very negative view for the same reason as those vested.

This forum should be used to exchange ideas and information and even forge friendship but not to rely on to make your million dollar decision.

for an unbiased opinion please visit sammy boy forum...wahahahahah:D:D:D

buttercarp
13-03-13, 09:07
Hi vip, I agree with you that we should not ask others those questions.
But these are the questions we have to ask ourselves before buying a property.
No one can answer them except yourself.

leesg123
13-03-13, 09:08
for an unbiased opinion please visit sammy boy forum...wahahahahah:D:D:D :cheers4: we call that unbiased FR

Leeds
13-03-13, 09:46
This statement:

Yes, soon enough.

Is that balanced? I would say that a balanced statement is:
Maybe.

TS is only making a prediction if we view it from this perspective. However, it is not if you view it otherwise. Overall, VIP has been quite balance and prudence in her views.

I believe that if not for all the CMs, the market would have crashed much earlier.

Leeds
13-03-13, 10:00
TS is only making a prediction if we view it from this perspective. However, it is not if you view it otherwise. Overall, VIP has been quite balance and prudence in her views.

I believe that if not for all the CMs, the market would have crashed much earlier.

As a matter of fact, these CMs not only shield vulnerable individual from over exposure to the property market, the time lags also allow many individuals to review their exposure and cash out or otherwise in view of the vulnerable market.

Like what Mr Khaw had said, he would not want to crash the market with a single blow and let prices down by 30% overnight. That would hurt a lot of people. A series of CMs are necessary so that we would not experience a hard landing.

moneytalk
13-03-13, 10:32
Every decision you make is a calculated risk.
In love, you have to ask yourself if you like this person enough to take the risk and invest yourself emotionally.
In investment, do ask yourself if you have the funds to lose. If you can ride through the difficult times without a change in lifestyle, then do go ahead as nothing venture, nothing gain.

Leeds
13-03-13, 10:47

Indeed, in this world of deception, would anyone who intend to cash out tell you that the market is going to crash? They will tell you only after they had cashed out.

Likewise, if they have not intention of cashing out, they will tell you otherwise.

In my entire adult life, I have never come across anyone not personally known to me who care more about my interest than his/her.

This is the world of deception.

radha08
13-03-13, 11:15
In my entire adult life, I have never come across anyone not personally known to me who care more about my interest than his/her.

i have ...he's got 4 legs and cannot talk...only bark...:cutedoggy:...my dog:D:D:D

Leeds
13-03-13, 11:39
i have ...he's got 4 legs and cannot talk...only bark...:cutedoggy:...my dog:D:D:D

Try it with someone else's dog?

vip
13-03-13, 11:47
This guy offload too early and missed the boat several times. That is why those posting, esp the last point.

Investors like us enter any market when prices are dirt cheap, make enough, sell and move onto the next market. Let late comers bear the risk and worry about any CM.

P.S. The answer to the last property question that can't ask is meant to be a joke. Honestly, when the market will crash we are indifferent about it.

Leeds
13-03-13, 13:10
Investors like us enter any market when prices are dirt cheap, make enough, sell and move onto the next market. Let late comers bear the risk and worry about any CM.

That is the difference between an average investor and that of a smart investor.

When there are 2 persons talking, both are your teacher. Learn from the one who makes more sense and also learn not to be of the other. However, the real challenge is to know who makes more sense. Sadly, many don't.

avo7007
13-03-13, 13:13
It's quite funny when someone give negative or cautionary view in this forum they must be MR B or his wannabes.:doh:

phantom_opera
13-03-13, 15:04
the ultimate factor will be immigration