PDA

View Full Version : CM got REVERSE effect..

radha08
16-03-13, 09:29
The way i see all these CM make people more kan cheong to buy...buy...buy....look at all new launch....ANYTHING but dampening effect...:doh:

leesg123
16-03-13, 09:40
The way i see all these CM make people more kan cheong to buy...buy...buy....look at all new launch....ANYTHING but dampening effect...:doh:
Aiyah, people just look see only lah. Onlyvthe low quantum units move fast.

radha08
16-03-13, 09:42
Aiyah, people just look see only lah. Onlyvthe low quantum units move fast.

yup but still move....for a property investor WORST day of week is FRIDAY:scared-1:

Thats why all the sales launch start on FRIDAY...:D:D:D

radha08
16-03-13, 09:44
next CM will come out on thurs evening then all LPPL...:D:D:D

Kelonguni
16-03-13, 10:36
CMs 1-7 target ability to buy and ability and willingness to sell.

Only CM 8, plus the HDB measures targets willingness to buy for buyers of second or more property.

They have just about managed to balance supply and demand. Its likely to be stable in price and volume going forward at a more comfortable pace for all.

Kelonguni
16-03-13, 10:53
Plus the recent additional tax measures for investment properties increase the willingness to sell.

So all in, it is a very graduated approach to balance the equation.

henryhk
16-03-13, 11:05
The measures v good, make the developer slash prices and make it affordable for first timer, or hdb Upgraders , then property rise is sustainable, we should welcome CM8 .....well done KBG

yowetan
16-03-13, 11:10
Hi...which show flat are freshly open to public? I will like to do some leisure visiting.

phantom_opera
16-03-13, 11:18
CM7 is very successful it reduced developer margin and give those MTBs first timers a chance to board the boat

henryhk
16-03-13, 11:45
I like the 15% absd on foreigners, harder for them to buy, make rental better, now I go see foreigner tenant extend rental 1year.....he asks until 2016, I say no way, I want slowly increase rent

phantom_opera
16-03-13, 11:56
hk new sales also cutting prices..
this year should be a pretty flat year for prop prices

teddybear
16-03-13, 12:39
Our cooling measures are designed to stop 2nd timers of properties from buying and reserve for first timers of property buyers the privilege to buy! If the first-timer don't buy, when? Wait till the boat sailed again?! So very obvious they heed the govt's actions and quick buy buy buy! :p

DKSG
16-03-13, 22:57
CM7 is very successful it reduced developer margin and give those MTBs first timers a chance to board the boat

If you have been to showflats recently, you will certainly notice that the ABSD is eroding slowly. More and more people are willing to fork out the additional 7%, 10% for their second third, fourth, fifth property !

When I talk to them to understand how they think, I conclude that most people see the ABSD as additional tax on their money making properties! One of them told me - just make $100K lesser lor, blah blah blah government blah blah blah, so instead of earning $300K, next time I just can make $200K lor!

Watch out folks! This maybe the new thinking.

DKSG

Kelonguni
16-03-13, 23:36
This is what the Govt wants - extra revenue that balances supply and demand. Its never about crashing.

sgbuyer
17-03-13, 00:01
If you have been to showflats recently, you will certainly notice that the ABSD is eroding slowly. More and more people are willing to fork out the additional 7%, 10% for their second third, fourth, fifth property !

When I talk to them to understand how they think, I conclude that most people see the ABSD as additional tax on their money making properties! One of them told me - just make $100K lesser lor, blah blah blah government blah blah blah, so instead of earning $300K, next time I just can make $200K lor!

Watch out folks! This maybe the new thinking.

DKSG

No worries, if CM7 can't work, then CM8 will raise the tax another 5%, so 12% and 15%. Not enough? CM9, raise to 17% and 20%. Still cannot? Then CM10, 22% and 25%..... :D

If still cannot, implement recurring ABSD, every year you own the property, you pay 5-10% tax on valuation. :scared-4:

DKSG
17-03-13, 01:27
No worries, if CM7 can't work, then CM8 will raise the tax another 5%, so 12% and 15%. Not enough? CM9, raise to 17% and 20%. Still cannot? Then CM10, 22% and 25%..... :D

If still cannot, implement recurring ABSD, every year you own the property, you pay 5-10% tax on valuation. :scared-4:

When that happens, all the cash we have in our bank accounts will become banana money!

My point is not the tax ... its the observation in the showflat as an indicator of buying sentiments.

Government is busy with 60-year lease HDB flats. CM will cool for a while.

DKSG

kane
17-03-13, 03:01
it looks like people now worry the prospects of the subsequent CMs rather than the CM itself.

dmonddd
17-03-13, 09:10
developer expert gives discounts? why?
they are the experts think markt will be soft

met with buddy yesterday - interest rates expect 6 times up. 6 TIMES UP
true ah?

now interest rates low installments $1000 later interest rate up $4000
he said okay no worry of high high interest rate if pay cash.

now kno why gahmen said more downpymt fr car and more CMs

kane
17-03-13, 09:47
6x up the current SIBOR of 0.35% = 2.1%. Include the bank spread is about 3.1%. That is a reasonable number if economy is good.

mcmlxxvi
17-03-13, 09:58
cm has multi purpose

one, appease the kpkb segment by showing hey we got press the rich jialut jialut ok!

two, it makes the rich (a lot here ok) buy up more at a faster rate due to fear of more restrictions

so everybody happy. win win win win

developer win
poor win
rich win
kpkb win
owners win

and biggest winner .....

gahmen.

Rosy
17-03-13, 10:13
Any rich here buying more?

Rosy
17-03-13, 10:15
developer expert gives discounts? why?
they are the experts think markt will be soft

met with buddy yesterday - interest rates expect 6 times up. 6 TIMES UP
true ah?

now interest rates low installments $1000 later interest rate up $4000
he said okay no worry of high high interest rate if pay cash.

now kno why gahmen said more downpymt fr car and more CMs
Your calculations not accurate.

Calculate monthly installment based on 20/25/30 years 3% vs 1.3%

Based on 25years 1mil loan,

Monthly installment @1.3% 3.9k
@3% 4.74k

mcmlxxvi
17-03-13, 10:33
pls based calc on 4-5% before signing the mortgage is ensure u r able to cope with reduced spending monies in times of burgeoning economy

Rosy
17-03-13, 10:41
pls based calc on 4-5% before signing the mortgage is ensure u r able to cope with reduced spending monies in times of burgeoning economy
It is better to have 100-200k emergency cash for every 1mil loan. Any job or business is non guaranteed

DKSG
17-03-13, 10:45
It is better to have 100-200k emergency cash for every 1mil loan. Any job or business is non guaranteed

Very much agree. If you dont have this kind of reseves, better dont take so much loan. But then ... ALAMAK! Office Boy is under-loaning !!!!

DKSG

kane
17-03-13, 10:47

If the economy isn't sound and the central banks raise rates to 4%, the economy will cave in.

kane
17-03-13, 10:49
Very much agree. If you dont have this kind of reseves, better dont take so much loan. But then ... ALAMAK! Office Boy is under-loaning !!!!

DKSG

Means you can afford to buy more properties and hoard less cash.

DC33_2008
17-03-13, 10:52
Sales in the month of march with jump up 80% compared to feb sales volume.

dmonddd
17-03-13, 11:34
Your calculations not accurate.

Calculate monthly installment based on 20/25/30 years 3% vs 1.3%

Based on 25years 1mil loan,

Monthly installment @1.3% 3.9k
@3% 4.74k

25 yrs for young buyers
me old liao more impact

if 4-5% rate - 6K? 2k more
how to afford pay installment if miscalculated. jialat

dmonddd
17-03-13, 11:36
Sales in the month of march with jump up 80% compared to feb sales volume.

sales jump for smaller units if u think abt it
developers cut into smaller units knowing $1m is affordable now for some

buyers not looking at psf rationality died. clementi or bkt panjang calling for $1400-1500psf

my god if compared to d10 d leedon same psf..make sense or not?

dmonddd
17-03-13, 11:37
gahmen said new hdb at cheaper prices

Rosy
17-03-13, 11:44
25 yrs for young buyers
me old liao more impact

if 4-5% rate - 6K? 2k more
how to afford pay installment if miscalculated. jialat
If u are older, make sure u have 200k e cash for every 1mil loan. 100k enough for younger ones

teddybear
17-03-13, 11:46
Ha ha ha!
Then, by 2016 GE, they become Opposition? :banghead:

dmonddd
17-03-13, 11:48
for investors looking for capital gain....forget abt it with all those exit costs

teddybear
17-03-13, 11:54
Remember, Buy and hold for 20 years! Sure got very good chance to exit with no costs and huge profits! In fact, many will end up deciding not to exit at all because exit already cannot buy back without paying premium and still get lousy quality, cheated on space (e.g. paid for 1600 sqft but actually only 1300 sqft real usable space!), super huge number of units in estate that fits to be called "public housing" rather than "private housing"! :doh:

for investors looking for capital gain....forget abt it with all those exit costs

dmonddd
17-03-13, 11:57
aunty and uncle also know this la bro.
prices on uptrend over long time

only question is if u buy now andprices down...u have put more capital compared others

below okay if u have plenty ofspare cash $$$$$
me poor chap only got one chance

Remember, Buy and hold for 20 years! Sure got very good chance to exit with no costs and huge profits! In fact, many will end up deciding not to exit at all because exit already cannot buy back without paying premium and still get lousy quality, cheated on space (e.g. paid for 1600 sqft but actually only 1300 sqft real usable space!), super huge number of units in estate that fits to be called "public housing" rather than "private housing"! :doh:

kane
17-03-13, 12:09

Agree. +1 Like.

teddybear
17-03-13, 13:21
But D'Leedon with 1700+ units in the estate is like "public housing"! Facilities not enough! How to compare? I am sure anybody can walk into and out of D'Leedon without much hassle when it is completed! You think the security guards can remember 1700+ people, let alone 1700+ x4 (assuming average 4 family members per unit?)! :p

sales jump for smaller units if u think abt it
developers cut into smaller units knowing $1m is affordable now for some

buyers not looking at psf rationality died. clementi or bkt panjang calling for $1400-1500psf

my god if compared to d10 d leedon same psf..make sense or not?

dmonddd
17-03-13, 14:55
that's how u rationalize psf

bigger project in better location - psf lower than those mickey mouse project in suburb location

tenants dont care they want to enjoy exclusivities
better ask tenant since investor buying to rent out

if u ask me to rent a condo in london paying same rent in a bigger vs mickey mouse project ....

u must b kidding

dmonddd
17-03-13, 14:57
rivergate PI reflections developers must dun no how to sell then

shld slice into smaller mickey mouse units to beat those mickeymouse projects in suburbs

dmonddd
17-03-13, 15:01
rivergate and PI back then considered crazy public housing size compared to other projects

see what happened to psf

location location location

tenant tenant tenant .....wants to live in nice hype area
why paying so much rent if staying i shoebox project

castrophobia kicks in

Lemonlaw
18-03-13, 16:14
Due to the latest CM7, the mentality is "buy now" or "pay more taxes" when CM8, 9, 10 comes.

:banghead:

joeteo
18-03-13, 22:50
The way i see all these CM make people more kan cheong to buy...buy...buy....look at all new launch....ANYTHING but dampening effect...:doh: two types of ppl. Scared prices continue to move up, gan jiong buy. 2nd type is cash rich and can wait for next CM and very likely MSR or lower LTV

if MSR + LTV + capital gain tax... all up the lorry liao :cheers5: :cheers5:

DKSG
19-03-13, 12:45
two types of ppl. Scared prices continue to move up, gan jiong buy. 2nd type is cash rich and can wait for next CM and very likely MSR or lower LTV

You must put the CMs into perspective. CM is to cool the market, once market turns cool then cold. CMs will be removed two by two to revitalised the market.

So when you say up lorry, you mean market turn cold and CMs removed ?

DKSG

Lemonlaw
19-03-13, 16:11
two types of ppl. Scared prices continue to move up, gan jiong buy. 2nd type is cash rich and can wait for next CM and very likely MSR or lower LTV

I think I better save more CASH to collect lew lian.... :47: