PDA

View Full Version : Strong demand for all categories of D'Nest units

reporter2
26-03-13, 18:03
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/archive/tuesday/specials/property/strong-demand-all-categories-dnest-units-20130319

Published March 19, 2013

Strong demand for all categories of D'Nest units

By jasmine ng

SOME 500 of the 650 units released for sale at D'Nest, a 99-year leasehold condominium in Pasir Ris Grove, have been sold since its preview launch last Friday.

The 912-unit project, jointly developed by City Developments (CDL), Hong Leong Holdings, and Hong Realty, has a site area of 444,284 square feet.

CDL said yesterday that it had released more units progressively across all unit-type configurations to cater to the "overwhelming positive demand".

The units were going for an intended average price of $990 per square foot (psf), but CDL had offered buyers an early-bird discount to make up for the Additional Buyer's Stamp Duty which some buyers had to pay.

This brought down the average price to about $920 psf, but this has since been adjusted up by about 2 per cent, CDL said.

D'Nest comprises 12 blocks of 11- to 13-storey apartments and three clubhouses.

It has a range of one- to four-bedroom units, five- bedroom dual-key apartments, and 10 dual-key penthouses with five or six bedrooms. The one-bedroom units each cost about $498,000, and two bedders, some $680,000.

Prices for three-bedroom units start at $820,000, and four-bedroom apartments, at $1.15 million.

CDL said about 80 per cent of the buyers are Singaporeans, while foreigners and permanent residents are mainly from Malaysia, China, and Indonesia.

The developer added: "Some already live in the Pasir Ris vicinity and/or are buyers of CDL's other nearby developments such as the Livia and NV Residences; they are confident of D'Nest's potential capital appreciation and rental yield."

D'Nest is located within walking distance of Pasir Ris MRT station and White Sands shopping mall. It is slated to be completed in 2017.

radha08
26-03-13, 22:35
huat ah pasir ris...:D:D:D

WhoAmI?
26-03-13, 23:13
How many % sold?

teddybear
26-03-13, 23:15
You are 24601:p

[quote=WhoAmI?]

alo
27-03-13, 00:39
You are 24601:p

[quote=WhoAmI?]

Jean Valjean? lol

yowetan
27-03-13, 06:29
I wonder how many of 912 buyers will cry when it (market) finally crashes.

henryhk
27-03-13, 06:47
Ah yeotan, it will not crash la.....garment will not crash it and destroy people's wealth.....they are just doing balancing act......don't worry

beepbeep
27-03-13, 09:44
I wonder how many of 912 buyers will cry when it (market) finally crashes.

When most of the buyers bought below $1000psf, how much you expect the market to crash? 20% to EC price or 50% to 5rm HDB price?
DNest is the last few new launch below $1kpsf mark.

snoopy
27-03-13, 10:30
For own stay, i think thats fine and good buy.

But the only concern here is those who have purchased for Investment purposes & thinking of renting out in the coming years.The big supply of units and the slower rental demand will put some pressure on the yield. Not forgetting the possible increase of Interest hikes which potentially will eat up some of the already very marginal yield. Hong Kong has already increased their rates.

When most of the buyers bought below $1000psf, how much you expect the market to crash? 20% to EC price or 50% to 5rm HDB price?
DNest is the last few new launch below $1kpsf mark.

RCT
27-03-13, 13:14
Rental? hahaha.. Do you know how many units are there near D'Nest? The 4 new launch alone push almost 3000 unit into the market.. How about Flora Drive? Another 2000 plus unit from Hedges Park, Palm Isles and Parc Olympics. How about Seastrand, Sea Esta, etc.... I think easily more than 7000 to 8000 new units rowing out in the next few years.. For own stay, I feel it is ok... But for rental, they must really pray that the government take in a lot of foreigners with good allowances.

phantom_opera
27-03-13, 14:24
or pray for more money printing :D

price
27-03-13, 16:26
Rental? hahaha.. Do you know how many units are there near D'Nest? The 4 new launch alone push almost 3000 unit into the market.. How about Flora Drive? Another 2000 plus unit from Hedges Park, Palm Isles and Parc Olympics. How about Seastrand, Sea Esta, etc.... I think easily more than 7000 to 8000 new units rowing out in the next few years.. For own stay, I feel it is ok... But for rental, they must really pray that the government take in a lot of foreigners with good allowances.

Agreed.. not to forget the Elias road side... thats another few thousand units of competition..

radha08
27-03-13, 20:35

thats why ur condo must have a niche factor to attract tenants...like sea-view...:D