PDA

View Full Version : Latest - Additional Measures To Ensure A Stable And Sustainable Property Market

thomastansb
01-04-13, 10:14
Additional Measures To Ensure A Stable And Sustainable Property Market

Singapore, 1 April 2013
JOINT PRESS RELEASE

1 The Government announced today a comprehensive package of measures to cool the residential property market. It also introduced a HDB close market policy for the first time, to discourage profit in the HDB market.

Cooling Measures for the Residential Property Market

2 The Government has implemented several rounds of measures to cool demand and expand supply, so as to moderate the increase in housing prices. While these measures have dampened speculative buying, the demand for residential property remains firm and prices have continued to rise.

3 The continued buoyancy of the property market reflects the very low interest rate environment and continued income growth in Singapore. These factors supported a record level of housing transactions last year, particularly from investment demand. Housing prices have also shown signs of reaccelerating in recent months, in both the private residential and HDB resale flat markets. Price increases, if not checked, will run further ahead of economic fundamentals and raise the risk of a major, destabilising correction later on.

4 Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Finance Mr Tharman Shanmugaratnam said: “The reality we face is that interest rates are extraordinarily low, globally and in Singapore, and continue to add fuel to our property market. We have to take this further round of measures now, to check recent market trends and avoid a more serious correction in prices further down the road.”

5 Minister for National Development Mr Khaw Boon Wan said: “Many people have came to me telling me that HDB are not meant for profit. I have decided to come up with some measures on this.”

Measures Applicable to Private Residential Property

6 The following measures will take effect on 1 April 2013:
a) Additional Buyer’s Stamp Duty (ABSD) rates will be:
i) Removed for all foreigners.
ii) Increased for all Singaporeans and Permanent Residents (PRs) to 50%. This will apply regardless of the number of property the citizen has.

7 The measures listed above are calibrated to prevent Singaporeans and PR from acquiring private property as the Government feels that the prices are ridiculously high and this is done to protect the interest of Singaporeans and PR. There will be strictly no concession regardless of the marital status as there are plenty of BTOs around.

8 These new measures are very significant and they are likely to be permanent.

9 The details of the ABSD measure are set out in Annex I, and the housing loan measures, in Annex II.

Measures Specific to Public Housing

10 The Government is also introducing measures to stop the demand for HDB flats, and require owner occupation by all owners. The following measures will take effect on 1 April 2013:

a) Removal of open market scheme for HDB. HDB will stop all resale market transactions. Owners can only return their HDB flats to HDB at a prevailing price determined by the HDB. For example, a couple who own a 4 bedroom HDB in Punggol can only sell the flat back to HDB at an estimated price of $90,000.

b) All HDB are no longer permitted to be rented out. For existing rental, they have to be terminated within a month (ie: 1 May 2013) or owners will face hefty fines or even compulsory acquisition by the HDB.

Details of these measures are in Annex III.

Issued by the Ministry of Finance, Ministry of National Development and Monetary Authority of Singapore

newhomes
01-04-13, 10:19
April Fool?

sherlock
01-04-13, 10:22
A lame April Fool's joke

indomie
01-04-13, 10:23
Goodness gracious, holy cow...is this real?

radha08
01-04-13, 10:25
cheers bro u could have fooled me..:D

eng81157
01-04-13, 10:26
i was :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: till i checked up MND's website to find no such announcement

real good April Fool's prank

radha08
01-04-13, 10:26
from the above very clear ts is a foreigner...

thomastansb
01-04-13, 10:28
I am a Singaporean lah...

from the above very clear ts is a foreigner...

Squall8888
01-04-13, 10:31
This is the best april fools joke in my life. I was fully awake when I saw this and was google-ing for this news. Luckily I couldn't find it anywhere. Haha. I am super awake now, even better than 10 cups of espresso.

radha08
01-04-13, 10:38
I am a Singaporean lah...

a) Additional Buyer’s Stamp Duty (ABSD) rates will be:
i) Removed for all foreigners.

fooled me again...

East Lover
01-04-13, 10:39
Thanks for waking me up from my deep blue Monday... :D

sh
01-04-13, 11:06
don't like that leh... can get heart attack one leh....:tsk-tsk: :D

sherlock
01-04-13, 11:32
The point that made me realised that this is not real was No.8 as CMs are never permanent

zzz1
01-04-13, 12:24
Just to share my personal view , while we are game for joke on 1st April, the authorities may see it otherwise...

Especially references are made and quoted "Issued by the Ministry of Finance....... Monetary of Authority of Singapore ...etc etc eg"..

rymccondo77
01-04-13, 12:42
If the government implement this, they will be voted out of power in the next election !!!:

"a) Additional Buyer’s Stamp Duty (ABSD) rates will be:

ii) Increased for all Singaporeans and Permanent Residents (PRs) to 50%. This will apply regardless of the number of property the citizen has."

Leo.Cheng
01-04-13, 12:45
Blackjack21trader's heart just stopped.

ahchee
01-04-13, 13:01
This can't be breaking news, bro?

Allthepies
01-04-13, 16:33
I almost thought government is finally tackling the real issues.

I'm fully vested and no intend to wish for a property crash.

jwong71
01-04-13, 16:55
the govt may consider the above methods, effective enough to bring down the prices due to low interest and speculation.

either its a good april fool's suggestions, or its on the way coming :D

Leo.Cheng
01-04-13, 17:13
We just ordered a coffin for uncle blackjack, hope he like it in the netherlands:(

blackjack21trader
01-04-13, 17:36
Hi...I am the spirit of BJ21trader, I have risen from the grave.....:mad:

blackjack21trader
01-04-13, 17:37
Hi...I am the spirit of BJ21trader, I have risen from the grave.....:mad:

After reading this news, I collapsed immediately. This time, the doctors cannot revive me liao. I will remain as a ghost in this forum.

Thanks. Over and Out.

blackjack21trader
01-04-13, 17:51
aiya..of course I know is April Fools joke la. After kena so many times on the past April fools, I still dunno meh....my one is called counter fools joke la.

WOAHAHHEHEHEHHEHEH

sgbuyer
01-04-13, 17:52
haha, so funny. :D

blackjack21trader
01-04-13, 17:58
haha, so funny. :D

halor...after reading I went to the relevant websites to check la...then I decided to scare back the threadstarter. See, he dun dare come in because he thought I died liao la....>WOAHAHHEHHEHEHEHHEHh FUNNY !

buttercarp
01-04-13, 18:20
Usually cm is on Friday.
Monday very unlikely got cm.

kane
01-04-13, 18:33
This is one hilarious thread. Good one to the TS!

dare2
01-04-13, 22:22
LAME........................

thomastansb
02-04-13, 00:07
Busy lah.. Haha...

halor...after reading I went to the relevant websites to check la...then I decided to scare back the threadstarter. See, he dun dare come in because he thought I died liao la....>WOAHAHHEHHEHEHEHHEHh FUNNY !

newbie11
02-04-13, 08:35
if anyone really kena heart attack, it might be a sign of over leveraged

radha08
02-04-13, 10:38
if anyone really kena heart attack, it might be a sign of over leveraged
or maybe UNDER leveraged...:D:D:D...that one heart PAIN