PDA

View Full Version : Most annoying gym behavior at your condo?

Ringo33
02-04-13, 07:50
What are the most annoying gym behavior your have witness at your condo?

For me

1) Those who come in with their reading material and the turn up the aircon temperature so that they can break a sweat while "reading", while the rest who are working out are left to sweat like a fish.

2) Those who uses maximum incline on thread mill will holding on the rail so that they can lean their body backward. Basically this is as good as walking without incline.

3) Those who bring their own stereo to the gym in the morning and expect everyone to love their music

4) Those who sweat like a fish but bring no towel

Matador
02-04-13, 08:29
Those who grunt like a pig.

Those who bring their skipping rope and expect others to make space for them.

Incidentally, do fish sweat?? Thought they have no sweat glands.

For me

1) Those who come in with their reading material and the turn up the aircon temperature so that they can break a sweat while "reading", while the rest who are working out are left to sweat like a fish.

2) Those who uses maximum incline on thread mill will holding on the rail so that they can lean their body backward. Basically this is as good as walking without incline.

3) Those who bring their own stereo to the gym in the morning and expect everyone to love their music

sh
02-04-13, 08:59
people who chope the exercise machine with a towel, and then spend the next 20min warming up....:tongue3:

kane
02-04-13, 09:05
After 5mins if they are still not using, ask them if you can use first.

babyt
02-04-13, 12:03
u go to gym to workout and sweat it off...why u still need cold aircon? :doh:

eng81157
02-04-13, 12:24
well, there was still gay couple working out in my gym. the male, beefy half lied on the floor, grabbed a huge exercise ball between his thighs and did pelvic thrusts.

:scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3:

zzz1
02-04-13, 12:28
To me the ac is to suppress the sweaty smell ... You try with out the ac and u know how filthy the smell is...

Wild Falcon
02-04-13, 13:58
I agree with all of your observations. And worse still there is this lady who go to the gym to stroll on the treadmill and while I'm running on the treadmill beside, she turn off the air con. When i ask her why you turn off the air con, she say "very cold leh". FAINT. You are not exercising, that's why not hot lah!

For me

Ringo33
02-04-13, 19:46

when you are running outdoor, you got breeze, on the thread mill you have nothing.

Those who like to sweat without having to work out, best is to wear a sweat shirt or something.

Ringo33
02-04-13, 19:49
I agree with all of your observations. And worse still there is this lady who go to the gym to stroll on the treadmill and while I'm running on the treadmill beside, she turn off the air con. When i ask her why you turn off the air con, she say "very cold leh". FAINT. You are not exercising, that's why not hot lah!

worst is when you are already half way through your 5K run and then this idiot came in and start playing around with the aircon. This type of idiot will sure to get shot by me.

DKSG
03-04-13, 07:35
worst is when you are already half way through your 5K run and then this idiot came in and start playing around with the aircon. This type of idiot will sure to get shot by me.

Which district condo is that ?

DKSG

Ringo33
03-04-13, 07:45
Which district condo is that ?

DKSG

this sort of behavior can be found in almost every condo that comes with decent gym, unless the management lock the aircon controllers away.

sunrise
03-04-13, 09:34
a kor tat kia should stay in a landed house.

Ringo33
03-04-13, 10:00
a kor tat kia should stay in a landed house.

this is not about being trivial. this is about having some common sense for using common private property.

DKSG
03-04-13, 11:52
this sort of behavior can be found in almost every condo that comes with decent gym, unless the management lock the aircon controllers away.

My side dont seem to have this problem leh ?
Aircon temperature are preset to a certain temperature and all users seems to respect that ?

All they do is switch it on or switch it off.

And they dont seem to disturb other people in the gym.

The only strange thing I find is that uncles and aunties love to chit chat with others in the gym while they do their light exercises. I am not bothered, I just listen and learn from them. They usually talk about properties ... which is a topic I like. Hahaha!

DKSG

Ringo33
03-04-13, 12:50
My side dont seem to have this problem leh ?
Aircon temperature are preset to a certain temperature and all users seems to respect that ?

All they do is switch it on or switch it off.

And they dont seem to disturb other people in the gym.

The only strange thing I find is that uncles and aunties love to chit chat with others in the gym while they do their light exercises. I am not bothered, I just listen and learn from them. They usually talk about properties ... which is a topic I like. Hahaha!

DKSG

You will have to go there frequent enough to catch this sort of bad behavior. Usually it is in the early morning. they simply come in, place their newspaper on the thread mill control console and then set their thread mill at cooling down speed. perhaps 3.5km per hour of something.

Rosy
03-04-13, 14:34
What is wrong for others to change the temp of the aircon? You do not own the gym, Mr King.

Some prefer chill 18 degree while others prefer cool 22-25 degree.

Unless u request the management to set a standard temperature of let say between 22-24degree.

sunrise
03-04-13, 15:17
this is not about being trivial. this is about having some common sense for using common private property.

first of all you don't own the gym and worst of all you set up a thread and call someone "idiot" who change the aircon temperature.
something is definitely wrong in your behavior and not others.
if you doesn't wish to share then stay landed.

darkseed73
03-04-13, 15:24
What is wrong for others to change the temp of the aircon? You do not own the gym, Mr King.

Unless u request the management to set a standard temperature of let say between 22-24degree.

Ai yo, why so fierce ppl.

Community living is all abt communication, just politely tell the person (while finger in the nose and occasionally licking your own sweat off).

I am sure everything will be fine.

Ringo33
03-04-13, 15:31

most people will be fine with 22-24 on a normal day, however there are some idiot who will turn it up to 26-28.

The key point is that, if you want to go to the gym to read newspaper, then you should bring along a jacket with you if you feel cold.

ysyap
03-04-13, 15:50
worst is when you are already half way through your 5K run and then this idiot came in and start playing around with the aircon. This type of idiot will sure to get shot by me.Wah... which condo allows you to use the machine over 5km run? Yo u must be a super fast runner like finishing in 16 mins. Regular runners take about 25 mins. I'll feel bad if someone is waiting for the machine. I'll usually cut short the distance. Lol...

ysyap
03-04-13, 15:55
My experience is not with the a/c but I see people leaving unwanted plastic water bottles behind and the rubber from their track shoes peeling off and they just leave them on the gym ground. Don't think the cleaners have access into the gym to clean up the area regularly....

Ringo33
03-04-13, 16:31
Wah... which condo allows you to use the machine over 5km run? Yo u must be a super fast runner like finishing in 16 mins. Regular runners take about 25 mins. I'll feel bad if someone is waiting for the machine. I'll usually cut short the distance. Lol...

We dont have problem at our estate as we have 4 thread mill in our gym. Sometime when I am in the mood, I might do 10k run which is over an hour long. Then again, we all use common sense lah. if there are other wanting to use, just cut short loh.

Ringo33
03-04-13, 18:30
Bro, its ok lah, let him live in fear and never buy a landed.

In the meantime, he has to put up with condo neighbours who irritate him at his gym whilst landed owners can work out in peace and comfort at their home gym.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=17327

Proper-T, may I know what sort of equipment do you have at your gym? peace and comfort? Does it mean sitting on the sofa playing PS3 or Wii? :D

teddybear
04-04-13, 00:04
Alamak! Please don't make false statements. I have never met such behavior in my condos. I know where you will find such behaviours - must be heartland condos right? :rolleyes:

Ringo33
04-04-13, 00:21
Alamak! Please don't make false statements. I have never met such behavior in my condos. I know where you will find such behaviours - must be heartland condos right? :rolleyes:

Human are the same everywhere. Just ask around your neighbor what temperature setting they use for their ac at home and car and you will see all sort of different answer. Some will swear by not having ac when sleping.

The thinking behind is THIS is not your gym, I pay for it, I get to use it my way etc.

Not sure how regularly you use your gym if you could wake up early like 6am go to the gym and see for yourself.

samuelk
07-04-13, 10:05
most people will be fine with 22-24 on a normal day, however there are some idiot who will turn it up to 26-28.

The key point is that, if you want to go to the gym to read newspaper, then you should bring along a jacket with you if you feel cold.
fully agree. In fact some treat it as an alternative hybrid all in one avenue:doh:

teddybear
07-04-13, 15:36
You are very funny. Use gym at 6am to disturb those low floor neighbours? :doh:
Our gym operating hours is from 8am-10pm only. No usage outside these hours hor! :p

Human are the same everywhere. Just ask around your neighbor what temperature setting they use for their ac at home and car and you will see all sort of different answer. Some will swear by not having ac when sleping.

The thinking behind is THIS is not your gym, I pay for it, I get to use it my way etc.

Not sure how regularly you use your gym if you could wake up early like 6am go to the gym and see for yourself.

spikey69
07-04-13, 20:04
Went for my 10km run in the gym...then a guy comes up on the threadmill next to me with a newspaper and his mail....reads the entire newspaper and his mail. Didn't bring a towel either.

:doh:

Ringo33
07-04-13, 20:59
You are very funny. Use gym at 6am to disturb those low floor neighbours? :doh:
Our gym operating hours is from 8am-10pm only. No usage outside these hours hor! :p

Our gym starts at 6am. Actually there are quite a handful that does morning gym before they go to work. 8am to 10pm only good for retirees not practical for people who have to work long hours.