PDA

View Full Version : Condo politics....

radha08
05-04-13, 14:17
Seems like a lot of condo have a lot of internal politics going on...between the residents...within the management committee....etc etc...is this part n parcel of condo living.....:confused:

Kelonguni
05-04-13, 14:26
Seems like a lot of condo have a lot of internal politics going on...between the residents...within the management committee....etc etc...is this part n parcel of condo living.....:confused:

Can I stick my neck out to suggest that perhaps people who aspire to live in condos are a little more political and particular in nature?

As compared to HDB dwellers who live and let live?

radha08
05-04-13, 14:40
Can I stick my neck out to suggest that perhaps people who aspire to live in condos are a little more political and particular in nature?

As compared to HDB dwellers who live and let live?

yup i also feel like this having lived in both hdb and condo...condo seems like always got bickering backstabbing gossip etc etc...hdb simpler only got....loanshark....:scared-1::D:D:D

eng81157
05-04-13, 14:43
yup i also feel like this having lived in both hdb and condo...condo seems like always got bickering backstabbing gossip etc etc...hdb simpler only got....loanshark....:scared-1::D:D:D

encountered drug dealers in my HDB days :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

sgbuyer
05-04-13, 14:45

A condo owner only owns the lease to the strata "air", and not the lease of the land. Therefore any activity on this land is subject to private rules and regulation. You can't do anything you like without permission.

You can't hang clothes out of your window. You can't even change your grills. In fact, you can't even feed stray cats inside the condo.

In a way, a condo owner has less rights than HDB dweller because HDB land is public property, owned by citizens.

This is why people in the past prefer to buy landed property before they became too expensive. For landed property, you own the land, own 100% of what's on the land, you can do anything you like as long as it doesn't break the law.

Kelonguni
05-04-13, 15:42
A condo owner only owns the lease to the strata "air", and not the lease of the land. Therefore any activity on this land is subject to private rules and regulation. You can't do anything you like without permission.

You can't hang clothes out of your window. You can't even change your grills. In fact, you can't even feed stray cats inside the condo.

In a way, a condo owner has less rights than HDB dweller because HDB land is public property, owned by citizens.

This is why people in the past prefer to buy landed property before they became too expensive. For landed property, you own the land, own 100% of what's on the land, you can do anything you like as long as it doesn't break the law.

I suppose now you can also do the same in Iskandar / JB. You can do anything you like on your land, but so can many others.

Seriously, every type has their advantages and disadvantages. But I think that the groups of people who subscribe to each type are different by nature.

teddybear
05-04-13, 23:00
HDB dweller has more right because HDB land is public property owned by citizens? think you got the facts wrong - the real fact is: HDB flats are owned by HDB and leased to HDB flat owners only. HDB owners doesn't even have ownership to anything outside of their main door, not even the pavement! Because HDB is public property, that is why loan-sharks can happy happy paint O$P$ on your doors and your neighbours' doors!
Yet despite of owning nothing, not even the HDB flats (even if you the HDB flat owners are regarded as "owners" but actually you are just leasees!), you still have to pay maintenance fees! :doh:

Kelonguni
06-04-13, 01:11
HDB dweller has more right because HDB land is public property owned by citizens? think you got the facts wrong - the real fact is: HDB flats are owned by HDB and leased to HDB flat owners only. HDB owners doesn't even have ownership to anything outside of their main door, not even the pavement! Because HDB is public property, that is why loan-sharks can happy happy paint O$P$ on your doors and your neighbours' doors!
Yet despite of owning nothing, not even the HDB flats (even if you the HDB flat owners are regarded as "owners" but actually you are just leasees!), you still have to pay maintenance fees! :doh:

Relak bro, actually we have no real rights in SG. Even freehold landed can be asked to move if Govt sees a better use for it.

may2012
06-04-13, 10:46

singaporean is probably the only ppl in the world that takes a loan to pay rent for their hdb :doh:

Kelonguni
06-04-13, 18:18
singaporean is probably the only ppl in the world that takes a loan to pay rent for their hdb :doh:

usually settled in 10-20 years, maybe 30. After that don't need to pay much, only conservancy charges. Not really considered rent.

chestnut
06-04-13, 19:38

Interesting.... Not bad hor, rent the unit for own stay, and yet, many wind up with extra cash after "terminating the contract" and passing the rental unit to someone else to rent.

Can I rent????? I really don't need to purchase.... Why did they restrict me???:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

kane
06-04-13, 20:31
Interesting.... Not bad hor, rent the unit for own stay, and yet, many wind up with extra cash after "terminating the contract" and passing the rental unit to someone else to rent.

Can I rent????? I really don't need to purchase.... Why did they restrict me???:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

This type of rental not eligible for property magnates...

radha08
07-04-13, 01:31
This type of rental not eligible for property magnates...

:D:D:D....:D:D:D

PN
07-04-13, 11:15
Most don't know that you can buy the space outside your hdb unit main door. But only if the space doesn't block others from walking or become a safety concern.

I've seen people gated the space up and leave their main door open. More suitable for corner unit and door facing neighbor wall so doesn't block the passage. Approval needed from hdb of course since you're buying from them. I think it's case by case basis.