PDA

View Full Version : KAP Residences

Property-NewLaunch
25-04-13, 12:02
KAP Residences

At King Albert Park (KAP in short) in the prominent district 21 of Singapore, an iconic development is waiting for you! The mixed development has its own identity and popularity in the area. The developer is a prominent developer named Oxley Holdings. A clear distinction can be made with other developments in the sense of quality, elegance and harmony. The position of the project is very much crucial and favorable for living as well as business. As, it is near to the junction of busy Clementi Road and Bt Timah Road, you can have quick access to major roads of Singapore.

There exists a delicate balance between residential and commercial essence without ignoring individual aspects and views. The project consists of residential apartments, retail shops, Food & Beverages outlets and supermarket. It is a place of great demand. Under the 2008 Master plan, the site is zoned for both commercial and residential uses. So this development has matched with the land use zoning plan.

Education is a basic need for human. No man or nation and man can prosper without quality education. To assure you, it can easily be said that, there are some quality schools and other educational institutions surrounding KAP Residences. Some of the nearby educational institutions are: Raffles Girls’ Primary School, Pei Hwa primary school and Chinese High Girls' School. Besides, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Hwa Chong Institution, SIM and National JC are also at a favorable distance.

Recreation, shopping and social gathering facilities are also available near the iconic condominium. You can find your daily necessities to luxurious goods in Bukit Timah Plaza. Beauty World Plaza and Bukit Timah Shopping Centre are also good options and those ready to meet all kinds of necessity and give you a perfect shopping experience. It needs a short drive to reach nearby MRT stations. Major expressways like Pan Island Expressway (PIE) and Ayer Rajah Expressway will connect you to different parts of Singapore and ensure quick mobility which is a basic requirement for business.

Though the KAP Residences is having a variety of facilities around it, there is enough facility within the condominium itself! You will be happy to find pool facility and secured car parking facility. BBQ pit and common room facility offers family gathering. Its fine line glass architecture with shining look has made it so attractive that travelers travelling beside the structure always look for a second time! Strength and quality is never been compromised for a single drop of paint to a single grain of sand. Branded fittings and quality accessories are used throughout.

So, KAP Residences will hopefully fulfill all your desires. To have a more detailed and clear idea, you can simply dial @ 61001778 or register your interest with the Developer sales team at KAP Residences (http://www.property-newlaunch.com/king-albert-park/).

If you are looking for an immediate position, you will be happy to know that the project is offering affordable rates. To get idea about other property options you can visit the website Property-NewLaunch (http://www.property-newlaunch.com/) too.

sunboy77
26-04-13, 10:41
Good project.
I foresee very good rental demand here due to the limited supply of 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom units in this locality.
Now it's all about pricing. Will not be cheap I think.

mcmlxxvi
26-04-13, 11:30
It just sounds awful to me.

Kiap simi.... Aiyo kiap the head in between

Or visit Eng Seng too often issit

phantom_opera
26-04-13, 11:41
is it a Thai developer ... u know the Thai "kap kap kap"

mcmlxxvi
26-04-13, 13:11
is it a Thai developer ... u know the Thai "kap kap kap"

:doh: :cheers1: :cheers1: :doh: :doh:

mygeemeel
09-05-13, 15:18
Cafe owners at KAP told me their lease is until mid 2014. Then why so many agents already starting to distribute leftlets and collecting names?

So kan cheong?

bargain hunter
09-05-13, 16:30
http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_109AE96B9C60A47848257B64005345C2/$file/Slides.pdf?openelement

slide 23 has details and even renderings of chatuchak KAP

Kor pun KAP.

launch is in 2013. just that they may not tear down until mid 2014.

PropertyNewbie
09-05-13, 21:02
This is seriously a good buy. Freehold, mix devt, MRT nearby.

Will grab a studio or two definitely

mygeemeel
09-05-13, 21:15
You didn't pay attention meh? So many people say price will crash. :D

dtrax
22-05-13, 14:18
KIAP KIAP layout looks pretty decent

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/971823_10151465173317568_1071548173_n.jpg

price should be close to 1mil however for a 1rm FH.. exp a exp?

Ringo33
22-05-13, 14:55
KIAP KIAP layout looks pretty decent

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/971823_10151465173317568_1071548173_n.jpg

price should be close to 1mil however for a 1rm FH.. exp a exp?

should be at the top end psf price of Jardin for sure.

dtrax
22-05-13, 23:26
Showroom so stealth.. went there during dinner time.. showflat about 20-30% capacity. The 2nd flr commercial around 7.5k psf, 1st flr 8.5-9k psf. The 1rm + study, 490sqft 3.3m seems not bad. Haha developer managed to fit in 1x single and 1x queensize bed on the platform that is 2m from the floor. Heard the platform for the main master bed comes with the unit and cannot be requested to be removed. Overall the layout seems not bad

DKSG
23-05-13, 00:16
Showroom so stealth.. went there during dinner time.. showflat about 20-30% capacity. The 2nd flr commercial around 7.5k psf, 1st flr 8.5-9k psf. The 1rm + study, 490sqft 3.3m seems not bad. Haha developer managed to fit in 1x single and 1x queensize bed on the platform that is 2m from the floor. Heard the platform for the main master bed comes with the unit and cannot be requested to be removed. Overall the layout seems not bad

If the residential end up starting from $2K+++ psf ... I think it is time to buy Oxley shares ...

If this Bt Timah goes above $2.2K psf ... I think those nearer to town will straight away Huat Huat Huat !

From Office Boy's observations so far, when they launch Resi, they will indicate a higher psf and then launch at slightly lower. But for the commercial, so far, it has been indicate a lower psf then launch at higher psf ... So, if this place commercial goes at $9.5K psf ... then I would advice people to grab the Novena ones at $10K psf ... considered damn cheap!

Thats all the advice your humbly Office Boy has for you today!

That's All Folks!

DKSG

Trigger
27-05-13, 12:34
Is the balloting today? Any updates?

lionhill
27-05-13, 12:48
I once went up to the 26th floor, Shaw Tower behind Bukit Timah plaza, quite nice view, but super noisy.

Those who wants to buy this one better go up Jardin or Shaw Tower to experience the noise first, or choose the lower floor?

Kelonguni
27-05-13, 13:04
I once went up to the 26th floor, Shaw Tower behind Bukit Timah plaza, quite nice view, but super noisy.

Those who wants to buy this one better go up Jardin or Shaw Tower to experience the noise first, or choose the lower floor?

Else window panels GAO GAO... But must on Aircon whole day.

Lovelle
27-05-13, 13:47
This is what i heard

about 1800 psf for road facing units
about 2000psf for bungalow facing

those facing pool will be 1900 psf.

bargain hunter
27-05-13, 15:07
how many sold liao?

This is what i heard

smartboy2
27-05-13, 16:37
Agree.. If they are going to sell between 8500-9500psf,
go for the novena area, they are almost of the same price when i went to see Novena Regency

If the residential end up starting from $2K+++ psf ... I think it is time to buy Oxley shares ...

If this Bt Timah goes above $2.2K psf ... I think those nearer to town will straight away Huat Huat Huat !

From Office Boy's observations so far, when they launch Resi, they will indicate a higher psf and then launch at slightly lower. But for the commercial, so far, it has been indicate a lower psf then launch at higher psf ... So, if this place commercial goes at $9.5K psf ... then I would advice people to grab the Novena ones at $10K psf ... considered damn cheap!

Thats all the advice your humbly Office Boy has for you today!

That's All Folks!

DKSG

Lovelle
27-05-13, 16:51
how many sold liao?

they are collecting cheques now. Either tomorrow or Thurs to ballot

Lovelle
27-05-13, 16:51
how many sold liao?

they are collecting cheques now. Either tomorrow or Thurs to ballot

sunboy77
27-05-13, 17:35
Tues ballot commercial.
Wednesday ballot residential.

bargain hunter
30-05-13, 03:18
how many sold after wednesday's ballot?

Tues ballot commercial.
Wednesday ballot residential.

mygeemeel
30-05-13, 09:27
Was almost interested in the 2 bedder penthouse. But after pondering yowetan's intel that price crash is imminent, i decided not to submit cheque for balloting.

evolutionx
30-05-13, 11:17
This is what i heard

i was there yesterday. some of the crappy facing units can try $1450-1600 (according to the agent)

i found the PH to be a bit ridiculous though. 5 bedrooms in 1700+sqft? on paper, the dining room looks big, but i highly doubt it. i think govt needs to stop these developers from squeezing stuff into drawings that dont make sense ><

quite a bit of the commercial was sold the first day. most of the "loft" style commercial still available. but the asking price of $5-6k psf might be hard to swallow. probably can get a better deal elsewhere imho. (second floor, at the back already sold at 6000psf)

bargain hunter
30-05-13, 11:27
how was the sales of the residential units?

the 5 bedder ph in theory can stay 10 pple but the dining table can only sit 6 and is in the way too. it will be cramped even though the 5 bedrooms are decent sized. how much are they asking for the 5 bd ph?

i was there yesterday. some of the crappy facing units can try $1450-1600 (according to the agent)

i found the PH to be a bit ridiculous though. 5 bedrooms in 1700+sqft? on paper, the dining room looks big, but i highly doubt it. i think govt needs to stop these developers from squeezing stuff into drawings that dont make sense ><

quite a bit of the commercial was sold the first day. most of the "loft" style commercial still available. but the asking price of $5-6k psf might be hard to swallow. probably can get a better deal elsewhere imho. (second floor, at the back already sold at 6000psf)

evolutionx
30-05-13, 11:45

the 5 bedder ph in theory can stay 10 pple but the dining table can only sit 6 and is in the way too. it will be cramped even though the 5 bedrooms are decent sized. how much are they asking for the 5 bd ph?

as soon as i saw the floor plan i didnt really bother to ask >< sorry bout that. was there more for the commercial units, but the agent showed me all the stuff for the residential.

i think this place suitable for max 5-6 bro.
if you see the 164sqm (1765sqft) plan, the upper floor has a ton of wasted space (void & PES). balcony+ac ledge+void+pes is looking to be what.. 35-40% of built in space?

(if you notice, the living room is too tiny to accommodate 5 bedrooms man ..
would have made more sense to make the upper floor one gigantic master bedroom, at least that would be slightly more practical ...

http://www.kingalbertparkresidences.com.sg/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/kap-residences-floorplans-phC2-01.gif

Kanarazu
30-05-13, 12:50

The integrated fridge from blomberg? Fridge too small for such a big family. Prob 300 liter nia.

mygeemeel
30-05-13, 13:01
Someone told me 9 pax can fit into a 1,000 sqft condo (and it is a 2 bedder).

Lovelle
30-05-13, 18:06
according to an agent, the void area can be make floor and fill up the space to become a storage or floor.

He said this is legal.

bargain hunter
30-05-13, 20:25
since there's double volume ceiling, they can indeed build a platform and if they dun find it too troublesome, shift the dining table up there hahahahaha.

so how much are they asking for, for this 5bd?

according to an agent, the void area can be make floor and fill up the space to become a storage or floor.

He said this is legal.

sunboy77
30-05-13, 23:43

He said this is legal.

Yes as long as the total loft area you built in any part of the house is less than 5 sqm.

sunboy77
30-05-13, 23:46
since there's double volume ceiling, they can indeed build a platform and if they dun find it too troublesome, shift the dining table up there hahahahaha.

so how much are they asking for, for this 5bd?

$2,512,300 on the first day.

sunboy77
31-05-13, 00:04
- Duplicate post -

Lovelle
31-05-13, 14:45
any update on residential sales ?

bargain hunter
31-05-13, 14:58
thanks for info bro. it wasn't sold at that point?

$2,512,300 on the first day.

Heng
31-05-13, 15:41
Yes as long as the total loft area you built in any part of the house is less than 5 sqm.

Where is the written authority for this statement ? When questioned , we cannot mention that YOU said it ????

DKSG
31-05-13, 17:24
Any updates from the showflats ?

DKSG

Kanarazu
31-05-13, 18:54
Where is the written authority for this statement ? When questioned , we cannot mention that YOU said it ????

From URA website. Have been posted a few times in this forum.

bargain hunter
01-06-13, 21:31
hey bro, i thought that's your job? :)

i've been having showflat exhuastion since 2007..........

Any updates from the showflats ?

DKSG

Sendall
02-06-13, 09:19
was at the showroom yesterday. residential sales doing very well with less than 15 units less (noon time). heard a few more sold in the afternoon. only the road facing 1+S & 2B left. psf around 1800-1850 prob due to the facing

hyenergix
02-06-13, 09:27
was at the showroom yesterday. residential sales doing very well with less than 15 units less (noon time). heard a few more sold in the afternoon. only the road facing 1+S & 2B left. psf around 1800-1850 prob due to the facing

It seems that the property sales is still strong for FH and near MRT.

Sendall
02-06-13, 09:36
this seems to be doing better than the mid-town project at hougang. both from oxley i believe.

DKSG
02-06-13, 10:31
hey bro, i thought that's your job? :)

i've been having showflat exhuastion since 2007..........

I can only go down once or twice la ... Dont over strain me ...

So will still need updates from those stationed there.

Cannot expect an Office Boy to keep going back to the same showflat week after week ?

The last I heard is that the commercial are abt 75% sold. And resi about 50%. Not sure zhun or not.

DKSG

DKSG
02-06-13, 10:33

You mean less than 15 units left ?

DKSG

Sendall
02-06-13, 11:04
yes from what i can see from the board. prob even fewer now. that's for the resi.

mygeemeel
02-06-13, 11:04
Damn. I was so keen in their small PH.

Anyone with experience of staying in mixed dev? I see alot of comments on rats. There are two types, those that are underground and another climbs to ceiling.

Once having dinner at Adam Hawker Centre. A few tables away was a single syt having dinner. I saw a rat fell from the ceiling onto her table.

evolutionx
02-06-13, 12:27

Anyone with experience of staying in mixed dev? I see alot of comments on rats. There are two types, those that are underground and another climbs to ceiling.

Once having dinner at Adam Hawker Centre. A few tables away was a single syt having dinner. I saw a rat fell from the ceiling onto her table.

you must also remember the smell. a lot of exhaust gas. if you wanna dry your clothes, need to use dryer bro. mixed dev has pros and cons for sure. having a cold storage/ntuc right below you is always a boon (heard kap already sold the supermarket for approx 18mil)

convenience always comes with a price.

my personal opinion is to look for an older project away from bukit timah area. the traffic jams only seem to get worse >< plus less pes area in older projects.

SQ008
02-06-13, 14:10

Any idea on the psf pricing of the small penhouse ?

mygeemeel
02-06-13, 15:16
Any idea on the psf pricing of the small penhouse ?

Somewhere s$1.4m for 800+sqft. No price confirmation at time of my VVIP preview

Kanarazu
02-06-13, 15:38

Will NEA issue warning letter to the town council responsible for this hawker center? LOL

mygeemeel
02-06-13, 16:08
Will NEA issue warning letter to the town council responsible for this hawker center? LOL

I highly doubt so. Read a recent news of a family having thosai at clementi ave 4. Found a piece of safety pin and reported to authorities. They conducted an investigation the next day, couldn't find any safety pin and concluded no case.

So for adam food centre, i doubt they can find the rat which jumped from the ceiling.

SQ008
04-06-13, 00:06
Somewhere s$1.4m for 800+sqft. No price confirmation at time of my VVIP preview

That's very expensive.

sunboy77
04-06-13, 14:14
That's very expensive.
So may I ask what you'd be expecting for a freehold near MRT at Bukit Timah? Mixed development some more?

flagship74
04-06-13, 16:02
So may I ask what you'd be expecting for a freehold near MRT at Bukit Timah? Mixed development some more?

That's cheap manz!:D

SQ008
04-06-13, 23:23

I'm expecting a lower price. Dont print money.:doh:

bargain hunter
05-06-13, 08:26
according to the ST article, the project sold well but residential psf seems low for MM units and thus attracted the buyers?

Sales were robust at KAP Residences, a reflection of how such mixed-use developments have become increasingly popular.

The Straits Times understands that 92 per cent of the released units were snapped up at the project, which is being built by a consortium led by Oxley Holdings.

The preview launch for the commercial units was held last Tuesday while the flats were put up for grabs last Thursday.

The freehold development is in District 21 and near popular schools like Methodist Girls' School and National Junior College.

Oxley said that 93 of the 107 commercial units released were sold at an average price of $5,446 psf, while 135 of the 142 flats launched went at an average price of $1,705 psf. This brought the total number of units sold at the project to 228.

chiaberry
05-06-13, 11:54
The traffic around there is terrible/horrible/nightmare in the mornings and evenings and even sometimes on a Saturday (I went back for reunion once to NJC on a Sat evening and was jam for more than an hour trying to get there).

lionhill
05-06-13, 12:53
The traffic around there is terrible/horrible/nightmare in the mornings and evenings and even sometimes on a Saturday (I went back for reunion once to NJC on a Sat evening and was jam for more than an hour trying to get there).
In this sense, Oxley is honest. She knows how much her development worth and price it fairly.

rocco
05-06-13, 20:39
In this sense, Oxley is honest. She knows how much her development worth and price it fairly.

yeah i agree, most of the 1+S sold for about 1800+ psf for both pool view and road view, which to me is a steal for pool facing units, considering Jardin's average selling price at 2000+ psf even for 3 or 4 bedder with size of up to 2000++ sqf
Normally for MM units, the price tag should be at least 10-20% higher premium than those 3/4 bedder or PH units.

The only concern is the project will only complete in 2018 which is about 5 years more from now. Imagine how much interest the buyer to absorb during the 5 years waiting for TOP? I spoke to one of the agent, she told me this project will sure complete in 2 years, why there is such a big difference between target TOP and what was told by agent? anyone can help to advise me? thanks!

Coolstuff
08-06-13, 22:56
Hi, newbie here. I bought a level 1 commercial unit at KAP actually. Anyone here also bought? Trying to see if can find neighbour shop owner here. Understand that existing shops will only vacate in end 14, construction work should take 2-3 yrs if goes smoothly. Hence, only need to start paying interest after they begin work.

yowetan
08-06-13, 23:04
Hi, newbie here. I bought a level 1 commercial unit at KAP actually. Anyone here also bought? Trying to see if can find neighbour shop owner here. Understand that existing shops will only vacate in end 14, construction work should take 2-3 yrs if goes smoothly. Hence, only need to start paying interest after they begin work.

Hi...how much did you pay for?

Coolstuff
08-06-13, 23:14
Hi...how much did you pay for?

$2+mil. Got it during the launch that Tuesday. Went in for balloting and got it. :)

yowetan
08-06-13, 23:15
$2+mil. Got it during the launch that Tuesday. Went in for balloting and got it. :)

You intending to run your own business in this commercial unit? If not, why are you so optimistic over the outlook of commercial unit?

I understand bank will still loan you 80%-90% LTV for commercial unit but what motivates you then if the first statement mention does not stand true.

Coolstuff
08-06-13, 23:38
You intending to run your own business in this commercial unit? If not, why are you so optimistic over the outlook of commercial unit?

I understand bank will still loan you 80%-90% LTV for commercial unit but what motivates you then if the first statement mention does not stand true.

Not for own business, also not for flipping - looking as a long term investment. Well, there is yield compression everywhere now, except for overseas property. I am more optimistic over commercial than residential.

babyt
08-06-13, 23:42
sorry but such tiny units may result in many vacant units like Thomson V Two.

too many speculators, high rental, no one rent. since u r so optimisstic on this commercial unit and has the holding power, then good luck to u. :D

yowetan
08-06-13, 23:46
Not for own business, also not for flipping - looking as a long term investment. Well, there is yield compression everywhere now, except for overseas property. I am more optimistic over commercial than residential.

Hi...thanks for sharing your confidence level in property market.

All the best.

I am still looking around for my Mt Sinai property.

SQ008
09-06-13, 00:36
Buy commercial only if you need one, not for investment as not all commercial properties in mixed development can attract the right tenants.

DKSG
09-06-13, 02:40

Congrats !

When you need to ballot to get a unit (by the way, how many cheques they collected for your unit?), what do you think ?

Watch out for more commercial launches coming up at higher and higher prices.

Retail shops price escalation is just beginning, come back here 1 year later to see how much valuation would have increased.

Office Boy bought a retail shop last year at 4,000 psf, 2 months back, my neighbor unit was sold for 7,000 psf!

All the best!

DKSG

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
09-06-13, 08:34
Buy commercial only if you need one, not for investment as not all commercial properties in mixed development can attract the right tenants.

I think most are buying to roti prata.

(note its to roti prata the unit, not to sell roti prata lol)

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
09-06-13, 08:37

Congrats. Wish subway or starbucks express will lease your unit in future. Huattttttt.

Coolstuff
09-06-13, 09:07
I understood the risks b4 taking the plunge. ya, it's highly speculative now, whole game may end when interest rate rises, tenant mix issue, Thomson V case, blah blah. Went thru the this thought process b4 decided to park my spare cash with freehold commercial. Was on e side line for a while, then KAP came. To clarify, I am not really "so optimistic" with commercial; I am just relatively more optimistic with commercial than residential. I am more a stock market person actually. Thanks for all the comments. Yes, I probably need luck. Haha.

There were units with more than 100 cheques submitted, which I submitted too. The one I finally got was less than 10.

hyenergix
09-06-13, 09:26
I understood the risks b4 taking the plunge. ya, it's highly speculative now, whole game may end when interest rate rises, tenant mix issue, Thomson V case, blah blah. Went thru the this thought process b4 decided to park my spare cash with freehold commercial. Was on e side line for a while, then KAP came. To clarify, I am not really "so optimistic" with commercial; I am just relatively more optimistic with commercial than residential. I am more a stock market person actually. Thanks for all the comments. Yes, I probably need luck. Haha.

There were units with more than 100 cheques submitted, which I submitted too. The one I finally got was less than 10.

Any anchor tenants? $2 mil+ is a huge sum for a small shop lot. You will have >100 competitors trying to rent out too.

Rosy
09-06-13, 09:46
I prefer owning retail reits like fct, cmt. Waiting for the sph reit.

babyt
09-06-13, 10:07
old KAP has a big space for MCD and Cold Storage (right?).

with the tiny shop units, i doubt they will rent KAP unless developer has set aside a big unit for anchor tenant.

nowadays developers are squeezing every space n cent, selling tiny shop units.

thomson v two is indeed a good example. at least TV two has eateries around the condo,a stone throw from Shufu HDB. just that there are no one to rent the space but KAP has nothing except private housing and condos surrounding them.

Coolstuff
09-06-13, 10:37
Any anchor tenants? $2 mil+ is a huge sum for a small shop lot. You will have >100 competitors trying to rent out too.

According to agent, the supermart and a few connecting large f&b spaces were sold back to original owner who has long term relation with Mac and cold storage. Hence, they should be returning. But could be just agent talk. Believe at own risk.

Good point abt KAP is most of the shop space are >300 sqft. Not the kind of MM shops u find in east village or suites @ bt. Hopefully less speculative and more tenantable.

Regarding intense competition, ai ya, the same goes for residential what. So many new condos coming up.

Coolstuff
09-06-13, 10:48
I prefer owning retail reits like fct, cmt. Waiting for the sph reit.

I was into reits last yr and early this yr. sold most of it, still own cmt and suntec. Good stocks, no headaches in dealing directly with tenants. Shiok, just wait for dividends. The recent sell down proved that reits and dividend plays are not spared when market goes to jittery mode, esp when index hits new high. Reits are equally sensitive to interest rate. My fingers were burnt b4, still learning. Haha

Anyway, investments cannot be made in isolation - must be balanced. Some in cash, some in stock, some in property...

Rosy
09-06-13, 11:08
I was into reits last yr and early this yr. sold most of it, still own cmt and suntec. Good stocks, no headaches in dealing directly with tenants. Shiok, just wait for dividends. The recent sell down proved that reits and dividend plays are not spared when market goes to jittery mode, esp when index hits new high. Reits are equally sensitive to interest rate. My fingers were burnt b4, still learning. Haha

Anyway, investments cannot be made in isolation - must be balanced. Some in cash, some in stock, some in property...
I meant to say i prefer owning retail reits than physical retail unit.

Not encouraging anyone to buy reits now. The recent correction is not enticing enough for me to accumulate more.

Coolstuff
09-06-13, 11:13
I meant to say i prefer owning retail reits than physical retail unit.

Not encouraging anyone to buy reits now. The recent correction is not enticing enough for me to accumulate more.

Agree with you totally.

leesg123
09-06-13, 12:58
thomson v two is indeed a good example. at least TV two has eateries around the condo,a stone throw from Shufu HDB. just that there are no one to rent the space but KAP has nothing except private housing and condos surrounding them.I would have thought that TV2 main problem is due to competition from surrounding eateries and shops. KAP has kind of monopoly in that area. (if we ignore the beauty world there).

yowetan
09-06-13, 13:51
Hi...anyone been to the place and inquire about the price of one bedder or two bedder?

SQ008
09-06-13, 14:51
Next mixed development failure is likely to be Viva Vista. With Vivo city so near by, I wont even want to go there to shop unless it is for something interesting.

Coolstuff
09-06-13, 15:52
Next mixed development failure is likely to be Viva Vista. With Vivo city so near by, I wont even want to go there to shop unless it is for something interesting.

Agree with you abt viva vista. Most of the units are below 20sqm, no units of substantial size to attract anchor tenant. Can't imagine the type of crowd that would visit. :confused:

Lovelle
09-06-13, 16:02
with Ngee Ann poly around, there will be many students flocking to the shops. Bubble Tea, Clothing and Food stall will be ideal for business at KAP

Regulators
09-06-13, 20:03
I prefer going to bukit timah plaza

leesg123
09-06-13, 20:45
I prefer going to bukit timah plaza
bt timah plaza clientele are uncle and auntie lah, peolle like us. young people go somewhere more modern, like the upcoming KAP.

hyenergix
09-06-13, 20:48
with Ngee Ann poly around, there will be many students flocking to the shops. Bubble Tea, Clothing and Food stall will be ideal for business at KAP

Most of the people there are secondary school and JC students at the Mac, plus residents staying nearby at the Cold Storage.

lionhill
09-06-13, 21:16
I also think KAP shops will get tenants, unlike viva vista. the only thing is the yield may not be high.

anyway, compare to others, the pricing of the shops of KAP looks more reasonable.

Lovelle
09-06-13, 21:43
KAp residences does not have a management to look after the commercial units . This maybe a problem not like BR where capitalmall managed the mall.

sunboy77
09-06-13, 21:56
Yes. The biggest problem about strata title shops is, there is no management to control the tenant mix. Imagine the mall ends up with 20 bubble tea shops, 40 hair salons, and 30 provision stores... Just an extreme example.

SQ008
09-06-13, 23:58
Yes. The biggest problem about strata title shops is, there is no management to control the tenant mix. Imagine the mall ends up with 20 bubble tea shops, 40 hair salons, and 30 provision stores... Just an extreme example.

Indeed I agree with you. For the current KAP, the main tenants are Macdonalds and Cold Storage. However, the new layout would mean the they will have to rent several units and break down the walls.

ecimbew
10-06-13, 00:14
Improvements to the area

Flood relief for Upper Bukit Timah area

By Joy Fang
my paper
Friday, Sep 21, 2012

RESIDENTS and shopkeepers in areas such as Beauty World Plaza, King Albert Park and Ngee Ann Polytechnic will see some flood relief, as national water agency PUB unveiled new measures to widen and deepen the 3.2km-long Bukit Timah First Diversion Canal yesterday.

The measures will increase the capacity of the Upper Bukit Timah catchment area by 30 per cent.

Work on the canal will be done in three phases and is expected to be completed by 2016.

The Bukit Timah area is known to be flood prone. It was hit by a major flash flood in November 2009, which resulted in knee-deep waters in several stretches and flooding of basement carparks.

Despite the large scale of the upcoming works on the diversion canal, only one road needs to be diverted. A 160m section of the six-lane bi-directional Ulu Pandan Road, opposite Pine Grove condominium, will be affected during the first phase of the works.

Under the road, a new 25m-long three-cell box culvert - a type of closed drain - will be built beside the existing 17m-long one.

The first phase of works will start next month and is slated for completion by the first quarter of 2015.

It will initially involve works, lasting 12 months, to be done on sections of the canal that are not under Ulu Pandan Road, so no road diversions will be needed.

However, an overhead bridge and a bus stop on the road will be relocated temporarily by 80m.

After these works are completed, another six months of construction on the canal will take place beneath the road.

This will result in three lanes of Ulu Pandan Road, heading towards the city, being diverted.

The next nine months will see the other three lanes, heading towards Clementi Road, diverted as well.

After the new culvert is completed, the original road alignment will be restored. The first phase will cost $33.7 million.

The other two phases of works on the First Diversion Canal will begin next year. They will expand the canal between Maple Avenue and Holland Green, and between Holland Green and Clementi Road.

When completed, Holland Green and Holland Plain, where there are no residents, will be transformed to have rain gardens and greenery.

Mr Tan Nguan Sen, director of PUB's Catchment and Waterways Department, said the First Diversion Canal has served its function well for the past 40 years, but improvements to it were needed to enhance flood protection for the long term "to cater for future developments and increasing weather uncertainties".

Measures will be in place to minimise disruption, such as erecting noise barriers.

On how PUB will ensure the surrounding area is structurally sound during the works, PUB said that it will monitor settlement and ground movements through a "comprehensive instrumental plan".

The moment these exceed the allowable tolerance, PUB will stop work and take preventive measures.

Master's student Chia Shuhui, 24, who has lived at Pine Grove for 18 years, said the construction works will be quite inconvenient and could cause jams in the short term.

"But if it stops flooding, it will be good in the long run."

[email protected]

http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Singapore/Story/A1Story20120921-372823.html

babyt
10-06-13, 00:50

if the rental is high, i doubt bubble tea, salon or provision will want to open there. KAP is not located near HDB estate and i doubt expats will want to drink BBT or go local salon to get hair done. Maybe Ice cream shop is possible?

Regulators
10-06-13, 12:03
Whether the crowd is sustainable depends on the tenant mix for those shops. The reason why capita malls are so successful is because they do not sell their shops and control tenant mix,when the developer sell the shops, you end up having all kinds of businesses being set up, whether viable or not.
if the rental is high, i doubt bubble tea, salon or provision will want to open there. KAP is not located near HDB estate and i doubt expats will want to drink BBT or go local salon to get hair done. Maybe Ice cream shop is possible?

sunboy77
10-06-13, 12:50

Yes yes I was just giving some examples. The main issue is the (lack of) control of tenant mix. If the place ends up with 20 ice cream parlours also siao liao.

But there are success stories also la. E.g. Queensway Shopping Centre. By stroke of luck or not, the whole nation knows Queensway Shopping Centre is the first place to turn to if there are some kind of merchandise or services that we need.

sunboy77
10-06-13, 12:52
Indeed I agree with you. For the current KAP, the main tenants are Macdonalds and Cold Storage. However, the new layout would mean the they will have to rent several units and break down the walls.
If the developer keeps to the words of the agents selling this property - I.e. Mac and Cold Storage will be back - then I guess the commercial owners will be very much relieved liao.

Regulators
10-06-13, 15:24
my adivice to those who get commercial units in KAP is to be very selective over the tenants renting the place. The reason is very simple. If you get good tenants in, it will generate human traffic, with increase in human traffic, it will help to jack up the demand and future rental price of the place. With the increase in rental price, the prices of the commercial units will also increase in tandem to the rental. A lot of landlords make the fatal mistake of renting their units to any tom, dick or harry business as long as they meet the rental target, but this will depress the business in the area in the long run and drive away human traffic. Look at Orchard central, the reason why they fail miserably is because they do not have quaility tenants, you walk in and will find many shops selling rubbish. There is one particular shop that runs a flight simulation business with hardly anyone patronising the place, novel business idea but no clientele.

Coolstuff
10-06-13, 15:33
my adivice to those who get commercial units in KAP is to be very selective over the tenants renting the place. The reason is very simple. If you get good tenants in, it will generate human traffic, with increase in human traffic, it will help to jack up the demand and future rental price of the place. With the increase in rental price, the prices of the commercial units will also increase in tandem to the rental. A lot of landlords make the fatal mistake of renting their units to any tom, dick or harry business as long as they meet the rental target, but this will depress the business in the area in the long run and drive away human traffic. Look at Orchard central, the reason why they fail miserably is because they do not have quaility tenants, you walk in and will find many shops selling rubbish. There is one particular shop that runs a flight simulation business with hardly anyone patronising the place, novel business idea but no clientele.

Good advise. Thanks. I am still trying to find others who have also invested.

sunboy77
10-06-13, 15:53
In theory this is the best.

But no rational landlord will reject a good offer from any t, d, or h in place of considering the benefits of the other landlords. It will never happen. So eventually there'd be a lot of t, d, and h in the whole mall -> which like you said, will affect clientele and patronage.

sunboy77
10-06-13, 16:00

My 20 cents opinion:
During bad times and economic downturns (which will definitely happen but the only question is when), people will still need a roof over their head no matter what. So you can still rent out your residential unit (just that you might have to lower your rental) during such times.
But for commercial units, you'd see many empty spaces during economic downturns even if the landlords lower their rentals.

Regulators
10-06-13, 16:06
The developers should encourage commercial landlords to set up some committee to oversee the health of the business in the mall. Managing a mall whether big or small is very different from shophouses running individual business in hdb.

sunboy77
10-06-13, 16:41
The developers should encourage commercial landlords to set up some committee to oversee the health of the business in the mall. Managing a mall whether big or small is very different from shophouses running individual business in hdb.

Hmmm... At the end of the day, it is not easy.
"I am a landlord. I paid millions of $$$ for my shop. If 29 of you can rent to bubble tea shops, why should I reject a good offer from the 30th one??"

sunboy77
10-06-13, 16:47
Besides tenant mix, (lack of) A&P is also another problem faced by strata shops. If the commercial landlords do not team up and conduct regular A&P, then also jialat liao. Look at Star Vista. Even with a management team, no A&P means death. How grand the façade or how good the location also no use.

But KAP enjoys the advantage of its iconic presence. No taxi uncle will not know where KAP is. When I ask my clients to meet at KAP, every of them will say "Oh, that MacDonald's har." This is how iconic KAP has become. And hopefully this iconic status will be a crowd magnet in itself.

Coolstuff
10-06-13, 16:48
My 20 cents opinion:
During bad times and economic downturns (which will definitely happen but the only question is when), people will still need a roof over their head no matter what. So you can still rent out your residential unit (just that you might have to lower your rental) during such times.
But for commercial units, you'd see many empty spaces during economic downturns even if the landlords lower their rentals.

This is a common argument. But I beg to differ slightly. For >$2mil property, it is likely to be rented to expatriates. During downturns, they are quite likely to loose their job and leave. Hence, it is similarly likely to see many empty high end condos as well.

Coolstuff
10-06-13, 16:56
Besides tenant mix, (lack of) A&P is also another problem faced by strata shops. If the commercial landlords do not team up and conduct regular A&P, then also jialat liao. Look at Star Vista. Even with a management team, no A&P means death. How grand the façade or how good the location also no use.

But KAP enjoys the advantage of its iconic presence. No taxi uncle will not know where KAP is. When I ask my clients to meet at KAP, every of them will say "Oh, that MacDonald's har." This is how iconic KAP has become. And hopefully this iconic status will be a crowd magnet in itself.

Wats A&P ?

Regulators
10-06-13, 17:26
Will there still be a macdonalds there, will be good for other businesses

sunboy77
10-06-13, 17:28
Wats A&P ?
Advertising & Promotion

sunboy77
10-06-13, 17:32
Will there still be a macdonalds there, will be good for other businesses
Agents say developer kept 4 shops not for sale bcos they are renting to MacD, and MacD is a confirmed tenant already. Hopefully it will turn out true. This MacD is the biggest crowd puller and the commercial owners will breathe a relief if MacD is indeed returning.

Regulators
10-06-13, 17:34
must have good tenants then can talk about AnP, can't be spending thousands to advertise for ppl to buy bubble tea or come for thai massage or a session of fortune telling

sunboy77
10-06-13, 17:38
must have good tenants then can talk about AnP, can't be spending thousands to advertise for ppl to buy bubble tea or come for thai massage or a session of fortune telling
Agreed.
Tenant mix is the most important thing. No good tenant mix = no crowd.

Coolstuff
10-06-13, 18:04
Agents say developer kept 4 shops not for sale bcos they are renting to MacD, and MacD is a confirmed tenant already. Hopefully it will turn out true. This MacD is the biggest crowd puller and the commercial owners will breathe a relief if MacD is indeed returning.

Did the agents say any plan abt the supermarket?

Regulators
10-06-13, 19:15
Bt timah plaza already has ntuc, unless cold storage comes in. But for small developments like oxley, I don't think the small sizes of the units would be sufficient for a big supermarket
Did the agents say any plan abt the supermarket?

mygeemeel
10-06-13, 19:49
Agent told me MacD bought the restaurant space. They also bought the supermarket space to rent to cold storage. True or not? I don't care because i am not yowetan.

Coolstuff
10-06-13, 20:05
Bt timah plaza already has ntuc, unless cold storage comes in. But for small developments like oxley, I don't think the small sizes of the units would be sufficient for a big supermarket

Got abt 4500sqft of space in B1 for supermarket. Not big, but better than other mixed developments which did not even cater such space for anchor tenant.

rocco
11-06-13, 09:10
Hi...anyone been to the place and inquire about the price of one bedder or two bedder?

I been to the showflat last friday and found only 3 units for 2 bedder left. The price for 1 bedder ranges from 900K to 1.05M depending on unit size and facing. The agent told me 1 bedder can fetch up to 4K of monthly rental which I doubt so.... anyone has any idea what will be the rental for 1 bedder in BT area?

Regulators
11-06-13, 13:34
Who would want to rent a 1 bedder for $4k in that area? I think 1 bedder at the sail going for that range.
I been to the showflat last friday and found only 3 units for 2 bedder left. The price for 1 bedder ranges from 900K to 1.05M depending on unit size and facing. The agent told me 1 bedder can fetch up to 4K of monthly rental which I doubt so.... anyone has any idea what will be the rental for 1 bedder in BT area?

rocco
12-06-13, 17:17
Who would want to rent a 1 bedder for $4k in that area? I think 1 bedder at the sail going for that range.

yes, that's why i doubt so.. do you have any idea what's the rental like for 1 bedder or 2 bedder for that area?

sunboy77
12-06-13, 19:07
yes, that's why i doubt so.. do you have any idea what's the rental like for 1 bedder or 2 bedder for that area?
My friend's Gardenvista 2-br was recently rented out at $4k. But she had agreed that she was lucky to get that price.

However, Gardenvista is older, and has no commercial components downstairs. And the MRT station is not up yet.

So I would say KAP 2br should fetch $4k+, to say being conservative at the least.

Regulators
12-06-13, 20:30
Yes, one bedr at suites de laurel between $3-3.5k, just across the road from kap

mm63
12-06-13, 21:09
$3-$3.5K for suites de laurel one bedr, really?

propertyguru listings start at $2.8K (which means can be negotiated lower)

Yes, one bedr at suites de laurel between $3-3.5k, just across the road from kap

Coolstuff
12-06-13, 21:26
My agent told me KAP residential is 100% sold liao. Left a few commercial units.

rocco
13-06-13, 09:36

Hi Regulator & all, I would like to seek your opinion here, if you have the option now to choose among the 2 below. which one do you think a better buy?

1. KAP 1+S unit selling for about 950K (TOP only in 2018, 4-5 years more)
2. Suites de laurel 1 bedder selling for 890K (ready + tenanted for 3.2K)

Regulators
13-06-13, 12:23
SdL is just beside the flyover n kap is in a better location. But with the prices of the two, SdL would be a more attractive proposition in terms of rental yield. But I must say first two years will be honeymoon phase coz New projects tend to command higher rental at the initial phase but will reduce later when it has lost that New status. Btw if the tenant is a British engineer, he is probably my ex tenant.
Hi Regulator & all, I would like to seek your opinion here, if you have the option now to choose among the 2 below. which one do you think a better buy?

1. KAP 1+S unit selling for about 950K (TOP only in 2018, 4-5 years more)
2. Suites de laurel 1 bedder selling for 890K (ready + tenanted for 3.2K)

rocco
13-06-13, 13:53
Thanks Regulator! It seems that both have its pro and cons.. anyway, I think it's better for me to wait and see first, hopefully there will be some correction in PC market so that i can have better option & higher rental yield return. Now I started to see some HDB owners are selling their HDB at valuation and some even below valuation which make me curious as PC market looks more stable now than HDB.. what's your view?

SdL is just beside the flyover n kap is in a better location. But with the prices of the two, SdL would be a more attractive proposition in terms of rental yield. But I must say first two years will be honeymoon phase coz New projects tend to command higher rental at the initial phase but will reduce later when it has lost that New status. Btw if the tenant is a British engineer, he is probably my ex tenant.

Tan80000
14-06-13, 09:46
Sold Out in 2 weeks time for all residential unit at an average of 1.7k psf...:doh:
Really fast n unbelievable...:tongue3:

sunboy77
14-06-13, 11:59
Sold Out in 2 weeks time for all residential unit at an average of 1.7k psf...:doh:
Really fast n unbelievable...:tongue3:
$1.7kpsf price is too good to be true. But since it turned out true, the effect is people just cheong.

With prices at AMK already going above $1.8k psf and one even went above $1.9k psf, I wonder why there are buyers who decided not to buy KAP...

proud owner
14-06-13, 13:18
$1.7kpsf price is too good to be true. But since it turned out true, the effect is people just cheong.

With prices at AMK already going above $1.8k psf and one even went above $1.9k psf, I wonder why there are buyers who decided not to buy KAP...

I prefer casa esperanza ..... quiet ... big ....

rocco
14-06-13, 15:56
Sunboy, judging from your below comment, i guess you have purchased at least 1 unit at KAP.. right?

sunboy77
14-06-13, 16:22
Sunboy, judging from your below comment, i guess you have purchased at least 1 unit at KAP.. right?
Nope I did not. No money.
But my uncle did cos I advised him to.
I am referring to those who has moola to invest, went to see KAP, and yet still feel KAP is not worth the money.

rocco
14-06-13, 17:54
I see, Sunboy.. may i know if your uncle have to pay for ABSD, other another words, is this is 2nd or 3rd house? bcos if this is his 2nd or 3rd house, the PSF will be at least 7% higher than those first property buyer.

Nope I did not. No money.
But my uncle did cos I advised him to.
I am referring to those who has moola to invest, went to see KAP, and yet still feel KAP is not worth the money.

sunboy77
15-06-13, 00:30
I see, Sunboy.. may i know if your uncle have to pay for ABSD, other another words, is this is 2nd or 3rd house? bcos if this is his 2nd or 3rd house, the PSF will be at least 7% higher than those first property buyer.
His 4th house.

I know what you are trying to get at. But what I meant was, people who went to see KAP already have a few expectations: 1. ABSD is a fact-of-life, whichever property one buys, he already knows he'd have to pay for that if he falls into that category. 2. They are looking for a newly-launched property. These are constants and not variable factors, that buyers already knew when they visit KAP.
So my puzzlement comes when I see some investors, who are looking for strong rental income, still holding objections about KAP.
However, please excuse me that I have not classed out those who are buying for own stay. Yes KAP units are indeed a bit small for buyer with a family.

rocco
15-06-13, 08:25
Thanks Sunboy for explaining your view points.. i agree with you that ABSD is now already became a fact of life for most of the ppl but i am still not so optimistic on any project which will take at least 3-4 years to TOP in 2018. Imagine how much cash to be thrown and tied up till TOP. For eg: a 1 bedder at S$1M, a 2nd house buyer will have to fork out cash+CPF of 200K (5% deposit + 15% exercise) plus another 100K for stamp duty (3% default + 7% ABSD), so i am not sure if this is a wise move considering we have to park total cash + CPF (if there is) of about 300K to be parked for 3-4 years before TOP. Perhaps you have different views on this?

His 4th house.

I know what you are trying to get at. But what I meant was, people who went to see KAP already have a few expectations: 1. ABSD is a fact-of-life, whichever property one buys, he already knows he'd have to pay for that if he falls into that category. 2. They are looking for a newly-launched property. These are constants and not variable factors, that buyers already knew when they visit KAP.
So my puzzlement comes when I see some investors, who are looking for strong rental income, still holding objections about KAP.
However, please excuse me that I have not classed out those who are buying for own stay. Yes KAP units are indeed a bit small for buyer with a family.

Coolstuff
15-06-13, 08:45
Thanks Sunboy for explaining your view points.. i agree with you that ABSD is now already became a fact of life for most of the ppl but i am still not so optimistic on any project which will take at least 3-4 years to TOP in 2018. Imagine how much cash to be thrown and tied up till TOP. For eg: a 1 bedder at S$1M, a 2nd house buyer will have to fork out cash+CPF of 200K (5% deposit + 15% exercise) plus another 100K for stamp duty (3% default + 7% ABSD), so i am not sure if this is a wise move considering we have to park total cash + CPF (if there is) of about 300K to be parked for 3-4 years before TOP. Perhaps you have different views on this?

The key question is where to park the spare cash. I would say depends on individual's investment portfolio. If sunboy's uncle already has a few hundred thousands in equity, 3 properties (maybe 1-2 already fully paid), and a few hundred thousands in hard cash, putting it in property may not be a bad idea cos property investment has more leverage and he could use rental income of other properties to support the 4th. The richer becomes richer!

sunboy77
15-06-13, 11:05
Rocco I agree totally with you. This ABSD thing is taking a toll on many people - including buyers, sellers, and agents alike.

But I also think it this way: Without ABSD, you will NEVER get averagely $1700psf for KAP, especially when the units are mostly small units. Developers are not stupid to price themselves out of the prevailing market conditions, so they have smartly taken it into account. Jardin is already $1900 - $2000+ psf on the huge units. So without cooling measures, it is not shocking to price KAP even in the region of $2k to $2.5k psf.

Anyway the sales numbers say it for themselves. All units sold within 3 weeks are no mean feat, especially in such market conditions.

DKSG
15-06-13, 15:50
Rocco I agree totally with you. This ABSD thing is taking a toll on many people - including buyers, sellers, and agents alike.

But I also think it this way: Without ABSD, you will NEVER get averagely $1700psf for KAP, especially when the units are mostly small units. Developers are not stupid to price themselves out of the prevailing market conditions, so they have smartly taken it into account. Jardin is already $1900 - $2000+ psf on the huge units. So without cooling measures, it is not shocking to price KAP even in the region of $2k to $2.5k psf.

Anyway the sales numbers say it for themselves. All units sold within 3 weeks are no mean feat, especially in such market conditions.

Office Boy is proud to say that my prediction is true!
A few months back, I mentioned that more and more and more people will find paying the ABSD something normal and will take it as a normal tax.

We will see this reported in the news again very very soon.

DKSG

ecimbew
15-06-13, 23:04
I heard KAP left one unit. Is it true?

sunboy77
15-06-13, 23:39
I heard KAP left one unit. Is it true?
Fully sold ma. No?

rocco
16-06-13, 11:19
Rocco I agree totally with you. This ABSD thing is taking a toll on many peole - including buyers, sellers, and agents alike.

Yeah, i fully agree with you the price of KAP is relatively lower than Jardin especially for those 1+S unit in KAP@1800++psf only. if i am not mistaken, Jardin 2 or 3 bedder units were already sold @1800++psf when it was launched back in 3 years ago. i'm really puzzling how can Jardin command such a high psf back in 2010,anyone know whats so special about Jardin?
Sunboy, i also notice you are active in j gateway discussion, whats your take if compare between J gateway and KAP.

Regulators
16-06-13, 11:43
He already suggested river valley is lousy n being near orchard is nothing compared to jld you dare ask him kap better or j gateway ? Lol..
Yeah, i fully agree with you the price of KAP is relatively lower than Jardin especially for those 1+S unit in KAP@1800++psf only. if i am not mistaken, Jardin 2 or 3 bedder units were already sold @1800++psf when it was launched back in 3 years ago. i'm really puzzling how can Jardin command such a high psf back in 2010,anyone know whats so special about Jardin?
Sunboy, i also notice you are active in j gateway discussion, whats your take if compare between J gateway and KAP.

focus
16-06-13, 13:43

I can only conclude it is because Jadin is FAR EAST.

sunboy77
16-06-13, 16:11
He already suggested river valley is lousy n being near orchard is nothing compared to jld you dare ask him kap better or j gateway ? Lol..
Hahaha Mr. R is in his own dream land again. I have never at any point said River Valley or Orchard Road projects are worse than the JLD project. What I have said is, it is damn silly to make a blanket statement that ALL properties in prime zones are better than suburban ones as long as prices are the same, doesn't matter how lousy the prime zone project is - be it located in a drain, or in a hill, or at the back lane of a temple. He had also brought out a stupid example of Waterford. When I tried to make him see that the rental income of Waterford is so low to a point that it is not a wiser choice for investors, he tried to bring out capital appreciation. Then when I showed him capital appreciation of Waterford is so miserably slow to a point that it is even lower than Punggol, West Coast and AMK, he got no answer. But he started calling people names and also brought out other irrelevant stuff such as banglas and stuff.

Prime zone properties are of course great for investment. Agree with Mr. R that millionaires and billionaires mostly cheong prime zone properties. But not ALL prime zone properties are investment-worthy. Many suburban properties are a better bet than many prime zone properties, even if they are at the same price.

Regulators
16-06-13, 16:17
Yah lor Waterford walking distance to lky's house at oxley n orchard lousier location than your j gateway, havent you been saying that hahaha...go live your dream in bangla paradise , i really couldn't care less. Btw as leesg said , we will all support j gateway , sit back n watch the good show later :D
Hahaha Mr. R is in his own dream land again. I have never at any point said River Valley or Orchard Road projects are worse than the JLD project. What I have said is, it is damn silly to make a blanket statement that ALL properties in prime zones are better than suburban ones as long as prices are the same, doesn't matter how lousy the prime zone project is - be it located in a drain, or in a hill, or at the back lane of a temple. He had also brought out a stupid example of Waterford. When I tried to make him see that the rental income of Waterford is so low to a point that it is not a wiser choice for investors, he tried to bring out capital appreciation. Then when I showed him capital appreciation of Waterford is so miserably slow to a point that it is even lower than Punggol, West Coast and AMK, he got no answer. But he started calling people names and also brought out other irrelevant stuff such as banglas and stuff.

Prime zone properties are of course great for investment. Agree with Mr. R that millionaires and billionaires mostly cheong prime zone properties. But not ALL prime zone properties are investment-worthy. Many suburban properties are a better bet than many prime zone properties, even if they are at the same price.

sunboy77
16-06-13, 16:18
Anyway back to your question.

If both J Gateway and KAP comes out at the same time, and I have the money, I would probably have chosen KAP. Can't really say why but it gives me better vibes. To begin with, you can't find many FH projects near MRT Stations. Secondly, huge catchment for tenants - being near to town and the West where so many education institutions and office spaces prevail. Thirdly, quiet facing on one side. Fourthly, many amenities and good transport network in the neighborhood. Next, the mixed development status with many shops just downstairs. Finally, prices are not exorbitantly high despite having the Bukit Timah address.

All the reasons why I asked my uncle to go for it.

sunboy77
16-06-13, 16:20
Yah lor Waterford walking distance to lky's house at oxley n orchard lousier location than your j gateway, havent you been saying that hahaha...go live your dream in bangla paradise , i really couldn't care less. Btw as leesg said , we will all support j gateway , sit back n watch the good show later :D
Haii... Mr R, can you please just tell us what is good about Waterford in tangible terms? Rental or capital appreciation or what? Till date you still have no answer for us but only capable of making cartoon comments. :sleep:

Regulators
16-06-13, 16:26
If you are used to buying diamonds at gordon max, no amount of convincing u about the value of a natural diamond would work, u can stick to your gordon max :D
Haii... Mr R, can you please just tell us what is good about Waterford in tangible terms? Rental or capital appreciation or what? Till date you still have no answer for us but only capable of making cartoon comments. :sleep:

sunboy77
16-06-13, 16:27
If you are used to buying diamonds at gordon max, no amount of convincing u about the value of a natural diamond would work, u can stick to your gordon max :D
Again, you have no answer.

ecimbew
16-06-13, 20:35
Watching Sunboy77 and Regulators fight from one thread to another

EXCITING!

http://kiaikick.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/crouching.jpg

mygeemeel
16-06-13, 20:43
I am enjoying their debate. Each has their own points although some unneccesary sacarsm.

Much better than that someone who collects rental from parents, in laws, bro in law, dogs.

rocco
16-06-13, 21:43
Sunboy, thanks for the explanation. I like your straight-to-the-point analysis, I believe you are already a successful investor..

Anyway back to your question.

If both J Gateway and KAP comes out at the same time, and I have the money, I would probably have chosen KAP. Can't really say why but it gives me better vibes. To begin with, you can't find many FH projects near MRT Stations. Secondly, huge catchment for tenants - being near to town and the West where so many education institutions and office spaces prevail. Thirdly, quiet facing on one side. Fourthly, many amenities and good transport network in the neighborhood. Next, the mixed development status with many shops just downstairs. Finally, prices are not exorbitantly high despite having the Bukit Timah address.

All the reasons why I asked my uncle to go for it.

ecimbew
16-06-13, 23:37
For filing

http://static.sglinks.com/assets/pages/83/a8/83a8000f2e72c1b785b21dabe6419d6f_330.jpg

http://www.shareinvestor.com/news/news.html?source=si_express&nid=46856

Oxley: Acquisition Of 11 King Albert Park For S$150 Million.
11 Apr 2012 12:06

Oxley Holdings Limited is pleased to announce that the Company's currently wholly-owned subsidiary, Oxley Sanctuary Pte. Ltd., had on 10 April 2012 exercised an option to purchase all seven strata commercial units in the development situated at 11 King Albert Park, Singapore 598292 from Valewood Investments Pte Ltd at a purchase price of S$150,000,000. The Property comprises a freehold 2-storey commercial building which is sited on a land area of 5,534.8 square metres that is zoned for commercial and residential use with a plot ratio of 3. The Group intends to redevelop the Property, subject to obtaining all the necessary approvals from the relevant authorities.

http://danielfooddiary.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kingalbertpark1.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-tPuvQxlFk5o/T4ljxVdKSII/AAAAAAAAG0c/axE3PUtBjVc/s1600/mcdonalds+king+albert.gif

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/UH68qwRSlSZcbIpbv9jw0Q--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD0yNDA7cT04NTt3PTMyMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/249/2012/04/20/IMG-2402-JPG_032058.jpg

ecimbew
16-06-13, 23:48
Way before the present King Albert's park...

The Green Bus depot (bottom right)
at the junction of Bukit Timah and Clementi Roads.
The same site, at King Albert Park, is today occupied by the
MacDonalds HQ and Cold Storage Supermarket.

http://ijamestann.blogspot.sg/2012/07/no5-green-bus-terminus.html?m=1

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-E_h3wEwaglw/T_2LFk3f0EI/AAAAAAAAFRI/3ZA6Trr5Wps/s1600/Green+Bus+Depot.jpg

mygeemeel
17-06-13, 02:21
Tks mate. The longkang has come a long way.

Khng8
17-06-13, 10:25
Thanks!
I remembered a bus depot there (bus service 181) which I used to take to when I was little.
Didnt realise it's at this site.

hyenergix
17-06-13, 12:55

Amazing that you can dig out such old photos.

leesg123
17-06-13, 13:03
I wonder what is the structure on the Middle left. currently is The Jardins. looks like rows of tombstones.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-E_h3wEwaglw/T_2LFk3f0EI/AAAAAAAAFRI/3ZA6Trr5Wps/s1600/Green+Bus+Depot.jpg

ecimbew
17-06-13, 23:45
I wonder what is the structure on the Middle left. currently is The Jardins. looks like rows of tombstones.

It was industrial land. Just like the existing ones further down the road. The ex-cemetery land is still vacant presently.
A small cemetery was located within present day Ngee Ann Polytechnic. It's probably where the sports complex is.

Masterplan 1958
http://www.ura.gov.sg/dc/mp58/dcdmp58tm168.jpg

http://www.ura.gov.sg/dc/mp58/dcdmp58imlegend1.jpg

mygeemeel
18-06-13, 00:20
Bro... you are good. Can you tell me where you get these maps?

Btw, the current jardin was yeo hiap seng factory. Owned by feo.

ecimbew
18-06-13, 08:43
Bro... you are good. Can you tell me where you get these maps?

Btw, the current jardin was yeo hiap seng factory. Owned by feo.

YHS! Ok thanks for that input. It's my interest to match history with present day. Map reading is my fav.

You google masterplan. There are a couple of old maps by URA.

ecimbew
18-06-13, 11:15

Thanks for the Yeo Hiap Seng tip.

Now let's uncover what are those stubs in the picture. It's actually for making soy sauce. :)

Source: http://blogtoexpress.blogspot.sg/2012_08_01_archive.html

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gQoISqHeMQc/UEJRXmf8T-I/AAAAAAAANDY/hOK1Cjgvl3w/s400/yeo+hiap+seng+sauce+factory+at+bukit+timah+1955a_sm.jpg

phantom_opera
18-06-13, 23:26
highest psf in May

1,988psf

rocco
19-06-13, 00:31
May i know which project you are referring to?

highest psf in May

1,988psf

mygeemeel
19-06-13, 00:45
May i know which project you are referring to?

The one that is sitting on old yeo hiap seng factory.

mcmlxxvi
05-07-13, 13:34
2013-06-21 KAP RESIDENCES 11 KING ALBERT PARK #XX-XX 21 FREEHOLD 495 910,700 1,839

:scared-3:

ecimbew
05-07-13, 14:12
The one that is sitting on old yeo hiap seng factory.

The one that sounds like a jar.

phantom_opera
15-07-13, 16:19
2013-06-21 KAP RESIDENCES 11 KING ALBERT PARK #XX-XX 21 FREEHOLD 495 910,700 1,839

:scared-3:

updated: highest psf now 1,988psf

mcmlxxvi
16-07-13, 10:00
updated: highest psf now 1,988psf
Shocking indeed.

Lovelle
16-07-13, 10:16
Shocking indeed.

this is a different class of studio...