PDA

View Full Version : Ecopolitan EC

Pages : [1] 2

yesnomaybe
12-05-13, 01:36
Upcoming new EC Ecopolitan in Punggol Central (next to Twin Waterfalls).

Call me at 91087536 for more info.

NO_7
12-05-13, 11:16
Resale price is coming down, EC price should go down too n maybe to $650psf on ave.

radha08
12-05-13, 18:06
Resale price is coming down, EC price should go down too n maybe to $650psf on ave.

yesnomaybe:D :D :D

yesnomaybe
12-05-13, 19:47

In light of Qingjian's winning bid being 9% higher than that of the Twin Fountains site, I really think not

kane
12-05-13, 21:46
650psf? I think all the eligible families will go ballot. Almost sure to make money after 5 years. Or even if lose also won't lose badly.

yesnomaybe
13-05-13, 12:22
For latest info on Ecopolitan EC, visit my webpage

http://www.executive-condominium.info/ecopolitan.html

NO_7
13-05-13, 12:52
In light of Qingjian's winning bid being 9% higher than that of the Twin Fountains site, I really think not

Prive PPR $308 ave $686psf +378
TWF PPR $270 ave $716psf +446
Waterbay PPR $319 ave $740psf +420
Ecopolitan PPR $314 ave price $?psf

Can see the profit is going up, not surprise if it sell at 750psf ave.

yesnomaybe
13-05-13, 20:27
Prive PPR $308 ave $686psf +378
TWF PPR $270 ave $716psf +446
Waterbay PPR $319 ave $740psf +420
Ecopolitan PPR $314 ave price $?psf

Can see the profit is going up, not surprise if it sell at 750psf ave.

Yes, average PSF probably at this level.

yesnomaybe
15-05-13, 22:17
Property name: Ecopolitan EC

Address: Punggol Walk/Punggol Way

District: 19

Number of blocks: 6 blocks of 16 storey

Developer : Qingjian

Tenure: 99 years

Plot size : 18,747.8sq m

Total units: 560 units

Call me at 91087536 to find out more

yesnomaybe
28-05-13, 16:00
8 blocks of 16 floors
512 units
Call me at 91087536 to do e application

yesnomaybe
28-05-13, 22:44
http://www.executive-condominium.info/ecopolitan.html

Location is next to Twin Waterfalls EC, 700m from Punggol mrt station

yesnomaybe
30-05-13, 22:14
Manual E-Application has started !

Ecopolitan Executive Condominium @ Punggol (Beside Twin Waterfalls)

3 Bedroom - 895sqft
3 Bedroom Premium - 1050 to 1093sqft
3 Bedroom Dual Key - 1086sqft
3 Bedroom CoSpace - 1217sqft

4 Bedroom - 1138sqft
... 4 Bedroom Premium - 1189sqft
4 Bedroom Dual Key -1247sqft
4 Bedroom CoSpace - 1361sqft

5 Bedroom - 1518sqft to 1527sqft

Call Developer Sales Team
Raymond 91087536 for more info now!

kane
30-05-13, 23:55
Manual E-Application has started !

Ecopolitan Executive Condominium @ Punggol (Beside Twin Waterfalls)

3 Bedroom - 895sqft
3 Bedroom Premium - 1050 to 1093sqft
3 Bedroom Dual Key - 1086sqft
3 Bedroom CoSpace - 1217sqft

4 Bedroom - 1138sqft
... 4 Bedroom Premium - 1189sqft
4 Bedroom Dual Key -1247sqft
4 Bedroom CoSpace - 1361sqft

5 Bedroom - 1518sqft to 1527sqft

Call Developer Sales Team
Raymond 91087536 for more info now!

what is this CoSpace thing?

sunboy77
31-05-13, 00:16
what is this CoSpace thing?
Looking at the floor plan, I think it means you have the option of keeping the utility room, OR, knock down the wall between the utility room and study to form a HUGE study or another bedroom.

So your 4br co-space becomes like a 5-br unit without the utility room...

Correct me if I'm wrong.

yesnomaybe
31-05-13, 00:29
Looking at the floor plan, I think it means you have the option of keeping the utility room, OR, knock down the wall between the utility room and study to form a HUGE study or another bedroom.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

That should be correct

kane
31-05-13, 00:42

Correct me if I'm wrong.

interesting concept. though it's hard to imagine having 5 bedrooms with 1361sqft.

yesnomaybe
01-06-13, 13:45
http://www.ecopolitan-ec.name/

Manual e applications have begun

chan600
02-06-13, 22:16
interesting concept. though it's hard to imagine having 5 bedrooms with 1361sqft.

The 4 bedroom DK is so small:doh: :doh:

kane
02-06-13, 22:42

probably the non master bedroom, all can only fit a super single bed at best.

yesnomaybe
02-06-13, 23:35
The 4 bedroom dual key unit in Ecopolitan is smaller (116 sqm) than in Twin Fountains (130sqm) but only because the studio unit is smaller in Ecopolitan and is meant for the grandparents' stay.

Twin Fountains and Forestville are the last 2 ECs where the grandparents' names do not have to be included into the application.

Steff
03-06-13, 09:00
http://eco-politan-ec.com/

rymccondo77
03-06-13, 10:12

Correct me if I'm wrong.

This Link (go to the floor plan section and the last picture at the bottom right hand corner of that section) shows several options on what you can do with the Utility Room - convert to a family room, to a guest room or a bigger study area.

http://www.ecinsingapore.com/#!ecopolitan/c240r

yesnomaybe
03-06-13, 11:15

The 2nd and 3rd bedrooms can fit a queen size bed...only the studio unit in the 4 bedroom DK is smaller than usual

delirious
04-06-13, 14:53
typical floor plans/site plan
http://www.ecopolitans.com/site-plan/
http://www.ecopolitans.com/floor-plans/

the cospace idea seems quite unique

http://www.ecopolitans.com/wp-content/uploads/colouredsiteplan.jpg

yesnomaybe
04-06-13, 20:42
Special gift for future Ecopolitan EC owners !

2 years free subscription with Singtel !!

- 100Mbps fibre broadband

- Digital home line

- MioTV (Family +, 48 channels)

- Home LiveCam

- Cloud Wireless Camera (Single)

yesnomaybe
08-06-13, 22:43
Drop by tomorrow from 10am till 7pm at the Ecopolitan show gallery at Punggol Walk

sean see
10-06-13, 13:55
NEW EC in Punggol(Maybe the last plot of land near MRT)

-NOT Affected by the CM!
-No resale levy for 2nd timer!

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh488/ah_king79/EcopolitanEDM3rdJune2013PNG_zps7e4698c7.png

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh488/ah_king79/Ecopolitan-FORESTMIST_zps364152c9.jpg

Forest Mist

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh488/ah_king79/Ecopolitan-MOONDECK_zpsd7eb308a.jpg

Moon Deck

91061064/91868979
Just A call away, we can meet up with you to do a full presentation and do an eapps for you at yr convenience date and time
Register with us now!
www.ecopolitanpunggolec.com (http://www.ecopolitanpunggolec.com/)

yesnomaybe
11-06-13, 00:12
Free Hankook St. James multi-pan for successful e applicants worth $62 !! *

Only while stocks last !!

Call 91087536 to find out

Steff
11-06-13, 00:25
Visit Ecopolitan EC (http://eco-politan-ec.com/) for latest update on this project! Mini Showflat Model ready for preview!

yesnomaybe
11-06-13, 00:41
SLP is the sole marketing agency for Ecopolitan EC !!!

Call 91087536

yesnomaybe
12-06-13, 08:51
Free Hankook multi-pan worth $63 to first 500 successful applicants.

Call 91087536 for details !

Iloveproperty
12-06-13, 15:33
I know this project will be launched very soon.
And E-application should start in July.

If you are keen to find out more do check out this website
www.ecopolitan-exec-condo.com

I gather lots of info fr it too.

yesnomaybe
13-06-13, 10:01
SLP Realty is the sole marketing agency od Ecopolitan EC.

It is against CEA regulations for Savills or any other agency agent to directly market it.

www.ecopolitan-ec.name

yesnomaybe
17-06-13, 13:14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jAZXeG2vi0M

yesnomaybe
18-06-13, 23:30
www.ecopolitan-ec.name

yesnomaybe
18-06-13, 23:37
Located right in the heart of punggol new town

www.ecopolitan-ec.name

chan600
19-06-13, 00:21
The 4Br DK became so small dunno still can attract buyers?
If rent out the studio unit can get how much rental? Realistic figure la. $1.2k per month?

yesnomaybe
19-06-13, 01:02
Strictly speaking the Ecopolitan DK unit is a 'multi-generational' unit meaning it is for 3 generations to live under 1 roof as the grandparents' names have to be included in the application.

Forestville EC is the last EC with DK units that can be rented out.

suchard
22-06-13, 08:43
I find that agents talked up too much about a property that they are marketing, without thinking if what they say is believable. For example, SLP /Seller Qinjian claims it takes 8 minutes to walk from Punggol MRT to the development. I actually walked from the MRT stn to the site and it is 12 minutes walk at average speed, not the 8 minutes they claimed. Also, due to the site being just next to the Tampines Expressway, I imagine it can be very noisy. So instead of believing what they say, I went up to the 10th floor of the HDB block next to it and could hear the heavy traffic from the TPE. The agent told me that the block is set back from the edge of the land near to the TPE, but still the noise is very loud. I have to be careful in listening to the SPL agent as his company just want to push for the project, understandably, since SPL are appointed by the seller to market the project. I also heard loud noise from aircraft flying overhead, into Seletar Air Base.
I encourage everyone to go and verify facts where possible because buying a condo is a huge investment.

Frankly, given just these two not so favorable factors (next to TPE and further from MRT), I don't think Ecopolitan should be priced as much as Twin Waterfalls. The fact that Qinjian paid more for the land affects how much they want to sell to get a desired profit margin, but not relevant to a buyer should pay, which is compared to neighboring proejcts.

suchard
22-06-13, 08:48
I find that agents talked up too much about a property that they are marketing, without thinking if what they say is believable. For example, SLP /Seller Qinjian claims it takes 8 minutes to walk from Punggol MRT to the development. I actually walked from the MRT stn to the site and it is 12 minutes walk at average speed, not the 8 minutes they claimed. Also, due to the site being just next to the Tampines Expressway, I imagine it can be very noisy. So instead of believing what they say, I went up to the 10th floor of the HDB block next to it and could hear the heavy traffic from the TPE. The agent told me that the block is set back from the edge of the land near to the TPE, but still the noise is very loud. I have to be careful in listening to the SPL agent as his company just want to push for the project, understandably, since SPL are appointed by the seller to market the project. I also heard loud noise from aircraft flying overhead, into Seletar Air Base.
I encourage everyone to go and verify facts where possible because buying a condo is a huge investment.

Frankly, given just these two not so favorable factors (next to TPE and further from MRT), I don't think Ecopolitan should be priced as much as Twin Waterfalls. The fact that Qinjian paid more for the land affects how much they want to sell to get a desired profit margin, but not relevant to a buyer should pay, which is compared to neighboring proejcts.

suchard
22-06-13, 08:54

yesnomaybe
25-06-13, 08:25
Naturally, everyone's walking speed is different. 8 minutes is the average time taken.

Noise in a high density city like Singapore is unavoidable.

www.ecopolitan-ec.name

Eh
25-06-13, 20:39

Actually a lot of agents' or developers's may not be necessary accurate so just take it as a pinch of salt and do your own research before committing on buying anything.

yesnomaybe
27-06-13, 00:14
E application period for Ecopolitan starts on friday 28th June.

Call 91087536 to submit an application.

www.ecopolitan-ec.name

propertybuyer073
27-06-13, 22:40
I was initially attracted by Ecopolitan EC.

There have a number of good selling points like quite close proximity to MRT (which may vary by individuals), Eco theme etc.

However, my greatest concern is the pollution, both noise and air. Both warrant attention as it is situated next to TPE which is very intensively used throughout the day and night as well as the Punggol Way main road (on the left of Ecopolitan EC) which is also very heavily used by Punggol residents travelling to/ from TPE, SLE and CTE.

Air pollution becomes even more important after what we have experienced during the recent haze period where we become more educated/ aware of the importance of good healthy air.

A secondary concern is the units seem very clamped. It is apparent that distance between the blocks facing the 50m swimming pool or the moon deck seem too close for comfort.

Right now, I am in a mixed dilemma whether to apply or not or to move on and look at more ECs launching in the next few weeks such as Lush Acres EC (in Seng Kang West) surrounded by pte condos which should lend some support price or Waterwoods EC (in Punggol) next to Flo Residence.

yesnomaybe
27-06-13, 22:54
I was initially attracted by Ecopolitan EC.

There have a number of good selling points like quite close proximity to MRT (which may vary by individuals), Eco theme etc.

However, my greatest concern is the pollution, both noise and air. Both warrant attention as it is situated next to TPE which is very intensively used throughout the day and night as well as the Punggol Way main road which is also very heavily used by Punggol residents travelling to/ from TPE, SLE and CTE.

Air pollution becomes even more important after what we have experienced during the recent haze period where we become more educated/ aware of the importance of good healthy air.

A secondary concern is the units seem very clamped. It is apparent that distance between the blocks facing the 50m swimming pool or the moon deck seem too close for comfort.

Right now, I am in a mixed dilemma whether to apply or not or to move on and look at more ECs launching in the next few weeks such as Lush Acres EC (in Seng Kang West) surrounded by pte condos which should lend some support price or the much awaited EC next to Flo Residence ...

Ecopolitan will benefit when the 3 empty sites next to the Punggol mrt station are developed and will surely set new benchmark prices in Punggol Central.

Having said that, you should buy what suits your tastes and requirements.

Just visited the Lush Acres EC showflat today for agents' briefing.

The show units are very nice and the site is near the Punggol River if you prefer a more scenic location.

Call me at 91087536 to submit an e application.

suchard
28-06-13, 05:16
I walked from Punggol MRT to the site and it is 12 minutes walk average speed, not the 8 minutes they claimed. Also, I went up to the HDB block next to it and could hear the heavy traffic from the TPE. The agent told me that the block is set back from the edge of the land near to the TPE, but still the noise is very loud. There are lots of planes flying into and out of Seletar Airport, so the noise was loud.

The SPL agents have been saying the developer bid higher for the land, but that is really the developer's problem if they overbid. What is relevant is what value the Ecopolitan is to a buyer, and comparing both the pros and cons of Ecopolitan. For instance, even though next to Twin Waterfalls, Ecopolitan is at least 3 - 5 minutes further away as it will not have a short cut to Punggol MRT station that Twin Waterfalls has.

One has to be careful in listening tot he SPL agent as his company just want to push for the project, understandably, since SPL is appointed by the developer /seller to market the project. A property is a huge investment and it is important for any buyer to verify and see for himself or herself.

rymccondo77
28-06-13, 07:34
(1) I also visited the Ecopolitan EC showflat.

I did managed to walk to the MRT from the Ecopolitan showflat ENTRANCE in slightly over 8 minutes but it was a brisk walk - so the 8 minutes walk to the MRT being advertised is still correct :)

(Developers don't advertise the "type of walk" u need to take to get to the MRT!)

Of course, if u stay in the block furthest away from the entrance, then it could be an additional couple of minutes of walk to the MRT. And it would be additional few minutes for others whose walking pace is slower.

(2) Never checked the noise level so can't comment on this.

I think those staying in the blocks further away from the TPE will be fine with respect to the noise from TPE.

As for the planes, people staying in Punggol and Sengkang will have to get used to it - I myself stay in Sengkang and me and my family have gotten used to the planes' noise.

(3) I personally like the design of Ecopolitan.

propertybuyer073
28-06-13, 09:23
Spolit for Choices

This probably best summarize some of the EC buyers, especially those looking at the Punggol and SengKang areas.

Ecopolitan EC, Lush Acres EC, Waterwoods EC each has their own selling points and concerns.

It was reported in CNA that a 4-bedroom 1141 sq ft sells for $900,000. This translates to about $790 psf.

This is considered quite high considering that Twin Waterfalls which is better than Ecopolitan in terms of proximity to MRT, away from TPE and units more spread out is sold cheaper.

Even Waterbay, also from QJ and quite near MRT, is sold cheaper albeit higher land cost than Ecopolitan EC.

The developer QJ should probably price more realistically Ecopolitan EC considering that buyers could shift to other ECs which are launching soon eg Lush Acres from CDL and near Seletar Mall and even private condos like Vue 8 which offers sea view albeit in Pasir Ris.

Just my thoughts.

yesnomaybe
28-06-13, 23:42
Both Ecopolitan EC and Twin Fountains EC are about 700m away from the mrt stations

www.ecopolitan-ec.name

chan600
02-07-13, 17:32
Spolit for Choices

This probably best summarize some of the EC buyers, especially those looking at the Punggol and SengKang areas.

Ecopolitan EC, Lush Acres EC, Waterwoods EC each has their own selling points and concerns.

It was reported in CNA that a 4-bedroom 1141 sq ft sells for $900,000. This translates to about $790 psf.

This is considered quite high considering that Twin Waterfalls which is better than Ecopolitan in terms of proximity to MRT, away from TPE and units more spread out is sold cheaper.

Even Waterbay, also from QJ and quite near MRT, is sold cheaper albeit higher land cost than Ecopolitan EC.

The developer QJ should probably price more realistically Ecopolitan EC considering that buyers could shift to other ECs which are launching soon eg Lush Acres from CDL and near Seletar Mall and even private condos like Vue 8 which offers sea view albeit in Pasir Ris.

Just my thoughts.

If QJ price the Eco EC too high then they are only helping other ECs to sell it out faster. There are many choices for ECs around North east and pasir ris area. I heard there are 2 more EC land for bid in punggol.

I agree someone says the noise pollution and the dust would be a challenge for those units facing the TPE.

suchard
03-07-13, 20:22
The big model for Ecopolitan is available to be seen. I am surprised that URA allows developers to remove /NOT show certain blocks, giving the excuse that some blocks would prevent buyers from seeing the pool or some landscape features. The real reason really is that the developer wants to avoid the entire project from looking too cramp. Singapore authorities should clamp down on deceptive marketing and look out for the interest of the public, the buyers.

SPL agents marketing Ecopolitan EC for Qinjian, saying the developer bid ~ $50 psf higher for the land, but that is really the developer's problem that they overbid. And that justify they asking for higher selling price? How superficial is that kind of argument!

What is relevant is what value the Ecopolitan has for a buyer, and comparing both the pros and cons of Ecopolitan vs. other projects nearby or those coming up. For instance, even though next to Twin Waterfalls, Ecopolitan is at least 3 - 5 minutes further away as it will not have a short cut to Punggol MRT station that Twin Waterfalls has. I walked from Punggol MRT to the site and it is 12 minutes walk average speed, not the 8 minutes they claimed. Also, I went up to the HDB block next to it and could hear the heavy traffic from the TPE which is not a problem Twin Waterfalls has. The agent told me that the block is set back from the edge of the land near to the TPE, but still the noise is very loud. There are lots of planes flying into and out of Seletar Airport, so the noise was loud for any projects in Punggol. Also, while all these eco-friendly features sounds good (mangroves in fresh water???), it could mean expensive maintenance expenses (or plants that don't adapt well) down the road that owners have to bear (by then, Qinjian is long gone and not responsible for their choices of plants for Ecopolitan landscape) will already be laughing all the way to the bank.

SPL agents have been trying to set expectation that Ecopolitan AVERAGE price is $750 psq. Given a few major negative factors [next to TPE (noise, dust, pollution etc.), 15 min. walk to MRT will become a stretch for walking, and it is further away from MRT (i.e. further than the nearby Twin Waterfalls)], I think Ecopolitan is over-priced if their AVERAGE price is anything higher than $690 psq (the base price should be lower). One has to be careful, especially in this climate when the government is pushing out more ECs to stop prices from increasing. Already it has been reported that private condos and EC market have been weaker. For instance, Forestville sold just over 200 in their first weekend, out of a total of 600 units.

Given their being a late entrant into the Singapore property development business, their track record is yet to be established (2 projects in the past is hardly anything compared to the big developers like Frasers (that developed Twin Waterfalls), CDL etc.. All these factors need to be considered by buyer when thinking of Ecopolitan.

suchard
03-07-13, 20:37
The big model for Ecopolitan is available to be seen. I am surprised that URA allows developers to remove /NOT show certain blocks, giving the excuse that some blocks would prevent buyers from seeing the pool or some landscape features. The real reason really is that the developer wants to avoid the entire project from looking too cramp. Singapore authorities should clamp down on deceptive marketing and look out for the interest of the public, the buyers.

SPL agents marketing Ecopolitan EC for Qinjian, saying the developer bid ~ $50 psf higher for the land, but that is really the developer's problem that they overbid. And that justify they asking for higher selling price? How superficial is that kind of argument!

What is relevant is what value the Ecopolitan has for a buyer, and comparing both the pros and cons of Ecopolitan vs. other projects nearby or those coming up. For instance, even though next to Twin Waterfalls, Ecopolitan is at least 3 - 5 minutes further away as it will not have a short cut to Punggol MRT station that Twin Waterfalls has. I walked from Punggol MRT to the site and it is 12 minutes walk average speed, not the 8 minutes they claimed. Also, I went up to the HDB block next to it and could hear the heavy traffic from the TPE which is not a problem Twin Waterfalls has. The agent told me that the block is set back from the edge of the land near to the TPE, but still the noise is very loud. There are lots of planes flying into and out of Seletar Airport, so the noise was loud for any projects in Punggol. Also, while all these eco-friendly features sounds good (mangroves in fresh water???), it could mean expensive maintenance expenses (or plants that don't adapt well) down the road that owners have to bear (by then, Qinjian is long gone and not responsible for their choices of plants for Ecopolitan landscape) will already be laughing all the way to the bank.

SPL agents have been trying to set expectation that Ecopolitan AVERAGE price is $750 psq. Given a few major negative factors [next to TPE (noise, dust, pollution etc.), 15 min. walk to MRT will become a stretch for walking, and it is further away from MRT (i.e. further than the nearby Twin Waterfalls)], I think Ecopolitan is over-priced if their AVERAGE price is anything higher than $690 psq (the base price should be lower). One has to be careful, especially in this climate when the government is pushing out more ECs to stop prices from increasing. Already it has been reported that private condos and EC market have been weaker. For instance, Forestville sold just over 200 in their first weekend, out of a total of 600 units.

Given their being a late entrant into the Singapore property development business, their track record is yet to be established (2 projects in the past is hardly anything compared to the big developers like Frasers (that developed Twin Waterfalls), CDL etc.. All these factors need to be considered by buyer when thinking of Ecopolitan.

Eh
03-07-13, 21:07

How come you keep saying SPL SPL when it is SLP? :doh:

yesnomaybe
03-07-13, 21:33
Officially the price list will be out only on August 1st and is solely determined by the developer.

The agents are trying to convey to prospective buyers the average indicative price level given that the previous EC launch Twin Fountains was also launched around $750 psf.

Ultimately, the price list is the prerogative of the developer.

suchard
04-07-13, 18:15
It seems that many SLP agents are already quoting online websites the total cost and psf for various size units in Ecopolitan now. For example, one is quoting a price of $810,000 for a 1,055 3-Bedroom unit. Are the agents allowed to do that when the price list will be out officially only on 30 Jul at the earliest? I think URA rules does not allow that. I believe these SLP agents are trying to condition interested buyers into thinking that the psf price guidance is in the $771 range and when the official price comes out to be lower say $750 and buyers are gonna be happier. But to me, that is not ethical marketing. I wonder if URA will look kindly to such practice by SLP or Qinjian, the developer.

Also, given how close is to TPE (with the attendant noise, pollution, dust etc.) and it is quite far to the MRT (it is not 8 minutes but almost double that time if you walk), even $750 is too high.

suchard
04-07-13, 18:21
Officially the price list will be out only on August 1st and is solely determined by the developer.

The agents are trying to convey to prospective buyers the average indicative price level given that the previous EC launch Twin Fountains was also launched around $750 psf.

Ultimately, the price list is the prerogative of the developer.

Where do the agents get the indicative price list? Who provides to the agents? Is this a case of trying to set expectations, as I mentioned? Twin Fountains is very near to the MRT (I estimate 3 - 4 min walk). One cannot say the same for Ecopolitan. Besides, Ecopolitan is just next to the very busy expressway TPE. Imagine the noise and pollution!!!

suchard
05-07-13, 00:31

The fact that Qinjian paid more for the land affects how much they want to sell to get a desired profit margin, but not relevant to a buyer should pay, which is compared to neighboring projects.

One has to be careful in listening to the SPL agent as his company just want to push for the project, understandably, since SPL are appointed by the seller to market the project. I encourage everyone to go and verify facts where possible because buying a condo is a huge investment. I actually walked from the MRT stn to the site and it is 12 minutes walk at average speed, not the 8 minutes they claimed. Also, due to the site being just next to the Tampines Expressway. So instead of believing what they say, I went up to the 10th floor of the HDB block next to it and could hear the heavy traffic from the TPE. I also heard loud noise from aircraft flying overhead, into Seletar Air Base.

Frankly, given just these two not so favorable factors alone (next to TPE and further from MRT), Ecopolitan should not be priced as much as Twin Waterfalls. Also, market is softening and will continue to do so given the recent measures again by MAS on loan restrictions. Besides, the HDB huge supply and analyst's projection that there will be an oversupply of private condos in the next few years (huge number of condos TOP soon but absorption rate /new families much smaller) will have downward pressure on prices.

yesnomaybe
05-07-13, 09:07
Where do the agents get the indicative price list? Who provides to the agents? Is this a case of trying to set expectations, as I mentioned? Twin Fountains is very near to the MRT (I estimate 3 - 4 min walk). One cannot say the same for Ecopolitan. Besides, Ecopolitan is just next to the very busy expressway TPE. Imagine the noise and pollution!!!

Dear Mr Suchard, you sound like a novice property buyer...there is no 'indicative'
price list...an indicative price range is merely a prediction of the likely price range.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Source: Business Times)

Li Jun, general manager of Qingjian Realty (South Pacific) Group, forecast last night that the average selling price for the project could be in the $730-780 psf range, subject to market and economic conditions at the point of launch. "Qingjian assessed that the property market is stable and that the EC market is healthy," he added.

It will be launching its next EC development, the 512-unit Ecopolitan, at Punggol Way next month. E-applications open on June 28.

The group has two earlier EC projects - RiverParc Residence and Waterbay - both of which are under construction in Punggol, and fully sold.

Both Ecopolitan and Twin Fountains are about 700m away from their respective mrt stations (verifiable at Propertyguru)

Forummers can judge for themselves whether it is reasonable to say that 700 metres can be covered within 8 minutes.

Developer is free to price at whatever level they think maximises their profit and prospective buyers are free to NOT buy if they feel the product if they feel it is over-priced.

Lastly, last day of e application is this Sunday. Call 91087536 if you want to submit an application

www.ecopolitan-ec.name

rymccondo77
05-07-13, 13:52
Dear Mr Suchard, you sound like a novice property buyer...there is no 'indicative'
price list...an indicative price range is merely a prediction of the likely price range.

Li Jun, general manager of Qingjian Realty (South Pacific) Group, forecast last night that the average selling price for the project could be in the $730-780 psf range, subject to market and economic conditions at the point of launch. "Qingjian assessed that the property market is stable and that the EC market is healthy," he added.

It will be launching its next EC development, the 512-unit Ecopolitan, at Punggol Way next month. E-applications open on June 28.

The group has two earlier EC projects - RiverParc Residence and Waterbay - both of which are under construction in Punggol, and fully sold.

Both Ecopolitan and Twin Fountains are about 700m away from their respective mrt stations (verifiable at Propertyguru)

Forummers can judge for themselves whether it is reasonable to say that 700 metres can be covered within 8 minutes.

Developer is free to price at whatever level they think maximises their profit and prospective buyers are free to NOT buy if they feel the product if they feel it is over-priced.

Lastly, last day of e application is this Sunday. Call 91087536 if you want to submit an application

www.ecopolitan-ec.name

Yes - walking time will ultimately depend on the walking pace of the individual.

As mentioned previously, it took me about 8 minutes based on my walking pace (which is quite fast) to walk from the Ecopolitan Showflat entrance to the MRT.

This did not factor in waiting time at the traffic junctions (add another a minute or so to the time taken to walk to the MRT).

propertybuyer073
05-07-13, 16:38
Agreed. How long it takes to walk to the MRT really vary with different individuals.

One has to ask whether s/he will really walk to the MRT with high heels or long-sleeved shirt and tie etc to reach the MRT station in 8 mins.

As one user has rightly pointed out, the best is "to verify the facts yourself."

Before committing to buy Ecopolitan EC (or any other EC/ condos), best is to time your walk to the MRT station in your normal working attire and comfortable pace.

On a more important note, it is important to highlight that one has to commit to the EC for a total of 8.5 years (5 years MOP + approx 3.5 years of construction before TOP).

Should one has to give up the EC for whatever reasons eg, breakup with partner, divorce etc, one has to pay a hefty penalty of the purchase price amounting to 20% of the purchase price.For a $900,000 property, this would mean a staggering $180,000 penalty. This is stated in the terms and conditions of EC purchase. You can verify with the developer or HDB.

Best advice is to really think carefully before committing any EC purchase given the hefty penalty (20% of purchase price) that one has to pay if one terminate the EC purchase after buying a new EC.

suchard
06-07-13, 15:44
[QUOTE=yesnomaybe]Dear Mr Suchard, you sound like a novice property buyer...there is no 'indicative'

YesNoMaybe,

I am not a novice. In fact, I am quite aware of what tricks agents and developers have up their sleeves. And you are trying to nit pick about price list and price range. These indicate prices are merely agents and developers' ways of trying to manage expectation, trying to hype up the project pricing. You obviously have vested interest, likely being a property agent for SLP or related to one, trying hard to push Ecopolitan so hard. Ecopolitan is not at the same distance as Twin Waterfalls from Punggol MRT if you take it from the nearest points at each project - who are you trying to kid? More importantly, Ecopolitan is near TPE which will introduce noise and pollution, unlike Twin Waterfalls.

I merely asked buyers to be wary of agents who are trying to push the project and to open their eyes /ears and verify facts for themselves, and not just believe whatever agents (like yourself?) say. That must have irk you?

jc
06-07-13, 19:30
What are the chances that this project opens at below $700psf? In view of the noise and other factors?

NO_7
06-07-13, 20:13
What are the chances that this project opens at below $700psf? In view of the noise and other factors?
If Prive ppr is $308 can sell on average $686psf why not, some more Prive is only 430m to MRT.

NO_7
06-07-13, 22:03

The new cooling measure may hit buyers, $780psf consider high for young couple.
No doubt this area demand for EC is high, the demand may drop if buyer worry of interest rate increase. At this price, it's a challenge for buyers to do more home work on the sum n study the possible upside in view of future competition from other projects when selling.

propertybuyer073
06-07-13, 22:15
$750 psf is probably the low end of the price range.

This is extracted from Channel News Asia (CNA): "

"Qingjian Realty says the average selling price at Ecopolitan ranges between S$750 and S$800 per square foot."

All readers can verify it from CNA.

What puzzles me is when the developer recently won the Anchorvale EC site at about $330 psf, they said it would be about "$730 - $780 psf." (Source: CNA, Business Times, Straits Times).

However, they have priced Ecopolitan EC at a higher price range "$750 - $800 psf" despite a lower land cost of about $310 psf.

As some users have pointed out, Ecopolitan EC is not as desirable compared to Twin Waterfalls in terms of distance to MRT, pollution, closeness of the blocks etc...

Is ecopolitan ex or not especially when there are quite a number of new ECs coming onboard eg Lush Acres, Waterwoods, Sea Horizon to name a few.

If we look at the latest EC launch - Forestville, it did not do very well. Only about 1/3 of the units were sold after more than a week of launch despite lower prices than Ecopolitan EC and not subjected to the new EC rules like dual key not subjected to multi-generation rules, no cap on floor size etc.

As potential buyers, we have to carefully evaluate whether to commit to buying a new EC eg Ecopolitan in light of the various considerations like price, pollution, possible interest rate hike etc.

yesnomaybe
06-07-13, 23:53
[QUOTE=yesnomaybe]Dear Mr Suchard, you sound like a novice property buyer...there is no 'indicative'

YesNoMaybe,

I am not a novice. In fact, I am quite aware of what tricks agents and developers have up their sleeves. And you are trying to nit pick about price list and price range. These indicate prices are merely agents and developers' ways of trying to manage expectation, trying to hype up the project pricing. You obviously have vested interest, likely being a property agent for SLP or related to one, trying hard to push Ecopolitan so hard. Ecopolitan is not at the same distance as Twin Waterfalls from Punggol MRT if you take it from the nearest points at each project - who are you trying to kid? More importantly, Ecopolitan is near TPE which will introduce noise and pollution, unlike Twin Waterfalls.

I merely asked buyers to be wary of agents who are trying to push the project and to open their eyes /ears and verify facts for themselves, and not just believe whatever agents (like yourself?) say. That must have irk you?

You are entitled to your opinion....however, do not make unjustified accusations at agents who are merely doing their job. Any false allegations will be vigorously rebutted.

Market forces of demand and supply will determine the prices...that is how capitalism works !

propertybuyer073
07-07-13, 08:44
Everyone has something to contribute.

Suchard is just trying to bring across the message "to verify the facts (before committing to a big purchase", particularly the time to walk to MRT, the apparent noise and pollution levels etc.

There were also various discussions whether the psf of $750 - $800 psf is high especially when the land cost is lower (whether compared to the recent Anchorvale EC site won by the developer QJ or Waterbay EC also by QJ).

Invariably, it is understandable to compare to Twin Waterfalls which seems to be better in terms of distance to MRT, farther from TPE, from Fraser Centerpoint etc.

Having said that, I really appreciate "Yesnomaybe". I have not seen him in person but I thanked him for starting this thread.

If you read the threads of other ECs and condos, he has also started similar threads eg on Lush Acres EC and Vue8 residence.

Talking about Lush Acres EC, I saw in today's Sunday Times classified that it is sold from $700 psf. Another EC in Woodlands, Forestville, is sold from $6XX psf (This is from today's sunday times classified).

For those who are considering to buy a new EC, they will definitely compare with other similar developments, especially those that are launching soon.

At the end of the day, as "Yesnomaybe" has pointed out, market forces will decide whether the price is too high or not.

NO_7
07-07-13, 10:20
Monthly instalment @ 2.6k is yr monthly CPF contribution can support?

yesnomaybe
07-07-13, 12:01
Thank you propertybuyer073 for being reasonable and mature.

Kelonguni
07-07-13, 14:55
$750 psf is probably the low end of the price range.

This is extracted from Channel News Asia (CNA): "

"Qingjian Realty says the average selling price at Ecopolitan ranges between S$750 and S$800 per square foot."

All readers can verify it from CNA.

What puzzles me is when the developer recently won the Anchorvale EC site at about $330 psf, they said it would be about "$730 - $780 psf." (Source: CNA, Business Times, Straits Times).

However, they have priced Ecopolitan EC at a higher price range "$750 - $800 psf" despite a lower land cost of about $310 psf.

As some users have pointed out, Ecopolitan EC is not as desirable compared to Twin Waterfalls in terms of distance to MRT, pollution, closeness of the blocks etc...

Is ecopolitan ex or not especially when there are quite a number of new ECs coming onboard eg Lush Acres, Waterwoods, Sea Horizon to name a few.

If we look at the latest EC launch - Forestville, it did not do very well. Only about 1/3 of the units were sold after more than a week of launch despite lower prices than Ecopolitan EC and not subjected to the new EC rules like dual key not subjected to multi-generation rules, no cap on floor size etc.

As potential buyers, we have to carefully evaluate whether to commit to buying a new EC eg Ecopolitan in light of the various considerations like price, pollution, possible interest rate hike etc.

Must consider the cost of construction and materials etc as well...

suchard
08-07-13, 00:43
Everyone has something to contribute.

Suchard is just trying to bring across the message "to verify the facts (before committing to a big purchase", particularly the time to walk to MRT, the apparent noise and pollution levels etc.

There were also various discussions whether the psf of $750 - $800 psf is high especially when the land cost is lower (whether compared to the recent Anchorvale EC site won by the developer QJ or Waterbay EC also by QJ).

Invariably, it is understandable to compare to Twin Waterfalls which seems to be better in terms of distance to MRT, farther from TPE, from Fraser Centerpoint etc.

Having said that, I really appreciate "Yesnomaybe". I have not seen him in person but I thanked him for starting this thread.

If you read the threads of other ECs and condos, he has also started similar threads eg on Lush Acres EC and Vue8 residence.

Talking about Lush Acres EC, I saw in today's Sunday Times classified that it is sold from $700 psf. Another EC in Woodlands, Forestville, is sold from $6XX psf (This is from today's sunday times classified).

For those who are considering to buy a new EC, they will definitely compare with other similar developments, especially those that are launching soon.

At the end of the day, as "Yesnomaybe" has pointed out, market forces will decide whether the price is too high or not.

YesNoMaybe should be reminded that he /she was the one who used labels like novice, not knowing what property investment experience others actually have. Agents may be doing their job, and that include downplaying the negatives of projects they are marketing and hyping up others. Also, it is a fact some agents do their job more unscrupulously and unethically than others (of course, this is not peculiar to the real estate business). Why do you think that the government impose certification requirements recently? And despite that, there continue to be complaint cases against agents. So YesNoMaybe rebut away vigorously.

There are many agents in this kind of forums, many of them starting forum threads in order to push for projects they may represent. Those who participate in a forum without revealing their association to the business, is in my mind, not honest, because they don't let others judge if they do or say have hidden agendas.

Capitalism also means hopefully, freer flow of information, and that means, I as a member of the public, warn others of tricks agents and developers use in marketing their projects. Some tricks:
a) Removing entire blocks here and there in the architectural model, so the project looks less cramped, under the pretext that they need to show landscape, pool, playground etc. (They could show those in video clips. b)

b) Another trick used in Ecopolitan: Qinjian is giving a free grill pan to people who submit EC applications, under the pretext as a token of appreciation for application effort. Whats the real reason? Qinjian /SLP can (or at least hope) to boast of a higher application rate in the papers, and that hopefully would increase buyer's anxiety and make people feel their $750 psf price is justified. To me, what is more important is how many who applied really turn up on balloting day to ACTUALLY pick a unit but developers don't reveal or share that number (unless of course it helps in their business) .

c) Some property sites are already advertising Ecopolitan units showing total sq footage and respective (indicative) prices (even though prices are not out until 1 Aug). Why you may ask? I think the main purpose is set expectations, to "condition" the buyers' minds to a high price ($750 psq), so when Ecopolitan ends with actual price of say $725 psf, some MIGHT feel it is a "bargain".

suchard
08-07-13, 00:49
If Prive ppr is $308 can sell on average $686psf why not, some more Prive is only 430m to MRT.

Yes, buyers should use Prive as another data point for comparison. Prive is much much nearer, and not facing the TPE where noise and air pollution are huge negatives for Ecopolitan. I walked from Ecopolitan to Punggol MRT, and it is NOT the 8 minutes walk they claimed!

rymccondo77
08-07-13, 02:50
(1) 8 minutes is possible if you are a brisk walker (and traffic lights are in your favour) - I did it in 8 minutes (and I like to walk briskly).

One thing developers never say (this is not just for Ecopolitan but also for other developments) when they make claims about walking time to the MRT - the walking pace !!!

(2) Developers / real estate agencies (appointed to market the launch of a development), will do what they can to market the development.

Buyers will have to do their own homework / verification.

clearlydefined
08-07-13, 11:32
Yes, buyers should use Prive as another data point for comparison. Prive is much much nearer, and not facing the TPE where noise and air pollution are huge negatives for Ecopolitan. I walked from Ecopolitan to Punggol MRT, and it is NOT the 8 minutes walk they claimed!

Hi Suchard,

Prive was launched in 2010 so I would believe it is a bit far fetched to use that as comparison. After all the prices have increased the past 3 years not just for housing but I believe your food and transport as well.

In your reference to Twin Waterfalls, maybe you can enlighten everyone the positives and negatives of Twin Waterfalls and even its controversies during its launch?

suchard
08-07-13, 11:57
Hi Suchard,

Prive was launched in 2010 so I would believe it is a bit far fetched to use that as comparison. After all the prices have increased the past 3 years not just for housing but I believe your food and transport as well.

In your reference to Twin Waterfalls, maybe you can enlighten everyone the positives and negatives of Twin Waterfalls and even its controversies during its launch?

Hi Clearlydefined,

Are you an agent yourself, and if so, with SLP? It will be helpful to know where you are coming from, since as mentioned agents and buyers usually have different perspectives. I am not an agent, so I am not pushing Twin Waterfalls. I was merely comparing the two, since Ecopolitan is so close by but with a huge major difference - Eco is right by noisy TPE, and shields Twin Waterfall from the noise /pollution.

I merely mentioned Prive as ANOTHER data point, not the only one. Yes, I agree Prive at $680 psf was launched some time ago. That notwithstanding, Prive is still a good reference, since it is also in Punggol, and given that Prive is much closer proximity to MRT, not near noisy TPE, the cooling measures of late etc., if Qinjian was to launch above $700 psf would be considered high. Of course one has to look at other more recent launches, but then different locations, size of land, other factors must be considered. I merely asked buyers to verify facts for themselves.

For instance, Prive seems more honest at least on one claim - it said that at 380 m from Punggol MRT station, it takes 7 minutes to walk there. Qinjian (claiming it project to be 700 m away, same as Twin Waterfalls, which I cannot believe) claim it takes 8 minutes. Can that be correct? Readers evaluate for themselves. Yes, developers don't mention walking speed, but one would assume that an honest company would use average speed.

rymccondo77
08-07-13, 12:29
Many developers don't use average speed when advertising walking time - so kudos to Prive developer for being honest about the walking time :)

08-07-13, 12:42
Many developers don't use average speed when advertising walking time - so kudos to Prive developer for being honest about the walking time :)

Too bad they don't develop many condos

clearlydefined
08-07-13, 12:47
Hi Clearlydefined,

Are you an agent yourself, and if so, with SLP? It will be helpful to know where you are coming from, since as mentioned agents and buyers usually have different perspectives. I am not an agent, so I am not pushing Twin Waterfalls. I was merely comparing the two, since Ecopolitan is so close by but with a huge major difference - Eco is right by noisy TPE, and shields Twin Waterfall from the noise /pollution.

I merely mentioned Prive as ANOTHER data point, not the only one. Yes, I agree Prive at $680 psf was launched some time ago. That notwithstanding, Prive is still a good reference, since it is also in Punggol, and given that Prive is much closer proximity to MRT, not near noisy TPE, the cooling measures of late etc., if Qinjian was to launch above $700 psf would be considered high. Of course one has to look at other more recent launches, but then different locations, size of land, other factors must be considered. I merely asked buyers to verify facts for themselves.

For instance, Prive seems more honest at least on one claim - it said that at 380 m from Punggol MRT station, it takes 7 minutes to walk there. Qinjian (claiming it project to be 700 m away, same as Twin Waterfalls, which I cannot believe) claim it takes 8 minutes. Can that be correct? Readers evaluate for themselves. Yes, developers don't mention walking speed, but one would assume that an honest company would use average speed.

Hi suchard,

Nope, a potential buyer myself. In fact, I've been following the EC market since ARC @ Tampines and indeed I can relate to what you have mentioned but on the other hand, agree with what some of the other members mentioned.

At the end of the day, I guess you are quite disappointed with the price of Ecopolitan in comparison with the negative factors you've mentioned. And indeed they are valid points. I did my research as well and I'm likely to get a unit at Ecopolitan (if my number is good).

I've walked with my fiancee and we took 9 mins to from the entrance of Eco to the entrance of Punggol mrt. Its quite leisure as my fiancee walks quite slowly. If I were to walk alone, it'll be 7 mins. We've tried walking from Twin Waterfalls too (from its designated side gate) and takes us 6-7 mins.

Noise from the expressway was a concern for us too, and we really went every weekend to nearby blocks to assess the noise level.

So what made us decide on Eco despite its hefty price and seeming negativities? Its the timing of launch and surprise surprise, location.

It was too early for us to get units previously and aside from that, I can tell you the cons of the projects we've been to.

1. Arc @ Tampines - Marketed to be near future downtown mrt but the distance is still far, Arc is at one end of Temasek Poly while the station is at the other end. And it is next to a petrol station.

2. Tampines Trilliant and Citylife - Very near to Tampines MRT, but the price is around $850 - $900 psf. Trillant doesn't even have a tennis court. We both stay in Tampines btw.

3. Twin Waterfalls - Really wanted the project but timing wasn't right. Not to mention its 700 over units, we felt it was too crowded. Worse still, the land was bought at a very low price but sold at 720 psf. Developer increased the price a week after booking by 1% and more subsequently.

4. Heron Bay - In the middle of nowhere and not that much cheaper. Btw, they gave free pillows (your point on the free pans).

5. Waterbay - 750psf as well and near to mrt. But felt very constrained as its a small project surrounded by lots of estates beyond the schools.

I guess my point is, there are pros and cons to each and every project. Like what many said, its really about doing your own homework and taking the marketing with a pinch of salt. All sales people wont go around telling you the negatives of projects or products. It applies to houses and every other thing else. We have to make our decision.

Price is high, but honestly future projects might be higher and they are situated even further from mrt. Look at Waterwoods, it was sold a record price and is even further from Punggol MRT. Unless the developer is going to make a loss, I highly doubt it'll be cheaper than Eco (but I might be wrong).

Lush Acres might be cheap but again next to a future petrol station and far from MRT. Again the buyers have to decide if it suits them.

I know some agents are putting a price to the units using the indicative range. Again, we should just use them as reference to have a feel of what to expect but ultimately see the final price and decide.

All marketing strategies are aimed to create awareness and giving people a feel of the project and comfort level but ultimately, I guess we are all mature enough to decide ourselves and like what Minister Khaw mentioned long agao during the Centrale 8 saga, if its too expensive, we can choose not to buy.

:)

rymccondo77
08-07-13, 13:07
Hi suchard,

Nope, a potential buyer myself. In fact, I've been following the EC market since ARC @ Tampines and indeed I can relate to what you have mentioned but on the other hand, agree with what some of the other members mentioned.

At the end of the day, I guess you are quite disappointed with the price of Ecopolitan in comparison with the negative factors you've mentioned. And indeed they are valid points. I did my research as well and I'm likely to get a unit at Ecopolitan (if my number is good).

I've walked with my fiancee and we took 9 mins to from the entrance of Eco to the entrance of Punggol mrt. Its quite leisure as my fiancee walks quite slowly. If I were to walk alone, it'll be 7 mins. We've tried walking from Twin Waterfalls too (from its designated side gate) and takes us 6-7 mins.

Noise from the expressway was a concern for us too, and we really went every weekend to nearby blocks to assess the noise level.

So what made us decide on Eco despite its hefty price and seeming negativities? Its the timing of launch and surprise surprise, location.

It was too early for us to get units previously and aside from that, I can tell you the cons of the projects we've been to.

1. Arc @ Tampines - Marketed to be near future downtown mrt but the distance is still far, Arc is at one end of Temasek Poly while the station is at the other end. And it is next to a petrol station.

2. Tampines Trilliant and Citylife - Very near to Tampines MRT, but the price is around $850 - $900 psf. Trillant doesn't even have a tennis court. We both stay in Tampines btw.

3. Twin Waterfalls - Really wanted the project but timing wasn't right. Not to mention its 700 over units, we felt it was too crowded. Worse still, the land was bought at a very low price but sold at 720 psf. Developer increased the price a week after booking by 1% and more subsequently.

4. Heron Bay - In the middle of nowhere and not that much cheaper. Btw, they gave free pillows (your point on the free pans).

5. Waterbay - 750psf as well and near to mrt. But felt very constrained as its a small project surrounded by lots of estates beyond the schools.

I guess my point is, there are pros and cons to each and every project. Like what many said, its really about doing your own homework and taking the marketing with a pinch of salt. All sales people wont go around telling you the negatives of projects or products. It applies to houses and every other thing else. We have to make our decision.

Price is high, but honestly future projects might be higher and they are situated even further from mrt. Look at Waterwoods, it was sold a record price and is even further from Punggol MRT. Unless the developer is going to make a loss, I highly doubt it'll be cheaper than Eco (but I might be wrong).

Lush Acres might be cheap but again next to a future petrol station and far from MRT. Again the buyers have to decide if it suits them.

I know some agents are putting a price to the units using the indicative range. Again, we should just use them as reference to have a feel of what to expect but ultimately see the final price and decide.

All marketing strategies are aimed to create awareness and giving people a feel of the project and comfort level but ultimately, I guess we are all mature enough to decide ourselves and like what Minister Khaw mentioned long agao during the Centrale 8 saga, if its too expensive, we can choose not to buy.

If you can get a unit in a block further away from TPE, then don't think the noise from TPE would be a problem. By the way, my 8 minute walk was from Ecopolitan showflat entrance to right inside the MRT <excluding waiting time at traffic lights>.

All the best for your house hunting !

P.S. A correction - Tampines Trilliant has a tennis court but no clubhouse.

propertybuyer073
08-07-13, 16:48
"For Applicants who submit their details before the 7th July (This Sunday) is entitled to collect a ECO Korean pan upon successful submission ..."

This is extracted from an Ecopolitan's agent webpage.

I have been tracking EC launches for some time but this is rather rare or unheard of to collect a free gift for e-app.

The e-app period is fairly long considering that the manual e-app started in early June and the e-app period is over 2 weekends and just ended on 7 Jul.

Questions:

1. For those who have e-applied to Ecopolitan, have you collected the free gift of Eco Korean pan worth $60+?

2. What is the final number of applications?

3. What is likely a more realistic number of applications if we exclude those who e-applied to collect the free gift - the Korean pot???

yesnomaybe
08-07-13, 22:08
"For Applicants who submit their details before the 7th July (This Sunday) is entitled to collect a ECO Korean pan upon successful submission ..."

I have been tracking EC launches for some time but this is rather rare or unheard of to collect a free gift for e-app.

The e-app period is fairly long considering that the manual e-app started in early June and the e-app period is over 2 weekends and just ended on 7 Jul.

Questions:

1. For those who have e-applied to Ecopolitan, have you collected the free gift of Eco Korean pan worth $60+?

3. What is likely a more realistic number of applications if we exclude those who e-applied to collect the free gift - the Korean pot???

Ecopolitan was oversubscribed slightly by 2 times.

No one I spoke to cared about the pan...genuine home hunters making the biggest investment of the lives.

suchard
09-07-13, 04:11
Hi suchard,

Hi ClearlyDefined,

I enjoy reading your posting. Agree with you on most points except on two:

a. Twin Waterfalls (TWF) have over 700 units, but I don't think one can say it is cramped based on this fact alone. One has to take into account its piece of land, which is 280K sq ft, almost 1/3 bigger than Ecopolitan (over 500 units). (And talking about being cramped….Ecopolitan main rectangular pool has only 3 lanes!) Also, TWF is built to 17 stories, while Ecopolitan is built to 16 only. I think the reason for this is that TWF sits on a flatter piece of land, and Ecopolitan doesn't, but both are subject to the same height restriction imposed on both by URA (because of planes flying into the nearby Seletar Airbase).

b. If a developer bid too high for the land, does it justify charging buyers a high price? In the developer's mind, it would want to, but whether it can or will depends on what's in the buyers' mind. That's where developers with their various claims (many unqualified /unsubstantiated) and tactics (some deceptive) are trying to influence /"condition" the buyer's mind. The higher the price for the land, the more desperate they would get in influencing the buyer's mind.

Yes, if marketing strategies are just to create awareness, that its o.k., but developers obviously hope to do more than that, as explained above. Some are downright dishonest in marketing their projects. Like in the architectural model, removing entire blocks (say say 3 blocks out of 8) so the project does not look cramped, while claiming that is to allow buyers to see the condo features better. Another trick in the past: inside the show flat, many developers remove walls or glass sliding doors with just markings on the floor to show where these would be, and placing iiving room furniture all the way onto the balcony, so visually the unit seems spacious and /or can accommodate huge furniture pieces.

You CLEARLY :-) are a knowledgeable and analytical, but not every man in the street is. Some buyers /upgraders are not so experienced and educated, and may not be alert to the tricks developers invariably use. It is these folks that I, and I hope you too may share and alert, so they make more informed decisions.

I am not disappointed at whatever price Ecopolitan wants to charge - it is the Qinjian's decision. Just that if it is the $750 avg psf agents are claiming, I will not be interested myself, and I will advise my friends /relatives that it is priced too high, and not value for money. Afterall, there are other projects still to be launched (that's why the government is releasing more land to cool down the market), and the private condo market is expected to have an oversupply.

suchard
09-07-13, 04:58

Questions:

Yes, I agree that it is odd and unheard of to offer a gift to applicants of ECs. I think it is true that genuine EC buyers are not interested in the free gift. But you see, it is not the genuine buyers that the developer is targeting with the free gift, it is everyone else. The developer's (unsaid) objective is this: get as many people as possible to apply, even those who are not interested, so this hopefully will jack up the application rate. (Also, they make applicants go and collect the free gift at the site, in order to drive traffic to the show units.) The ultimate goal is to create in genuine buyer's mind that there is a lot of interest in the project.

I don't remember this free gift was not touted at the very beginning when Ecopolitan was first marketed by agents at MRT stations etc /via flyers. I wonder if it is a sign of desperation - maybe the response to the project was not be as good after initial marketing and they then came up with this idea of a free gift upon E-application submission?

As to your question about the total number of applicants /genuine applicants, these numbers are difficult to come by. Even if the developer releases the application rate, I won't get much comfort, since I doubt there is serious auditing /independent verification of that number.

suchard
09-07-13, 05:13

Questions:

Repeated repeated repeated repeated repeated repeated

suchard
09-07-13, 05:22
Ecopolitan was oversubscribed slightly by 2 times.

No one I spoke to cared about the pan...genuine home hunters making the biggest investment of the lives.

yes, agreed that no genuine home hunters would care about the pan. (If it is the genuine buyers that is the targeted group for the pan, but genuine buyers don't care about the pan, why would the developer bother with giving away free pans?) But it is not these genuine buyers that the developers are targeting. It is all others who are not interested. The developer is hoping to get more applicants in, thereby bumping up the application rate that that they can boast about In the end, to create "artificial" interest and justify whatever price they wanna charge.

NO_7
09-07-13, 08:48
yes, agreed that no genuine home hunters would care about the pan. (If it is the genuine buyers that is the targeted group for the pan, but genuine buyers don't care about the pan, why would the developer bother with giving away free pans?) But it is not these genuine buyers that the developers are targeting. It is all others who are not interested. The developer is hoping to get more applicants in, thereby bumping up the application rate that that they can boast about In the end, to create "artificial" interest and justify whatever price they wanna charge.
Maybe u can try yr luck and hope for a good queue number.

rymccondo77
09-07-13, 09:18
There are other ECs coming up - e.g. Lush Acres - from their site plan, the blocks does not looked cramped. The main drawback to this EC is the location - not near to the MRT, though there are LRTs within walking distance (have to test out the walking time!).

propertybuyer073
09-07-13, 11:24
I agree with Suchard that Ecopolitan is more cramped.
What I did is I really measure the site plan of Ecopolitan and TWF.

You can download the actual site plan from HDB website under new launches/ Executive Condo.

Ecopolitan's width is narrower and, to add on, they push some of the blocks 134, 136 and 138 inner (further away from the TPE) so as to give buyers some sense of comfort that it is not so near to the TPE.

As a result, the distance between the blocks surrounding the main pool might be too close for comfort.

We are seriously considering whether to e-app Lush Acres or to buy Vue 8 residence.My wife like Lush Acres for various reasons.

1. It is from CDL. Both QJ and CDL are highly regarded developers. We have visited many show flats (including from CDL and QJ) in the last few years.

Our main conclusion is EC's quality is generally a notch lower than most private condos.

Amongst the developers, reputation does matter.

You may choose to disagree with our observations. However, I would suggest you visit the showflats of some ECs and private condos to verify yourself.

We have not seen the showflats of Ecopolitan and Lush Acres. Our bet is Lush Acres's quality could be slightly better if CDL maintain the same quality for Lush Acres.

2. We are very impressed with the Lush Acres's floor plans. Their layout better meet our requirements.

If you examine closely Ecopolitan Ec's floorplans, their living room is more or less the same (either 3-seater sofa or 3-seater sofa and a dining table , whether is for 3-bedroom or 5 rooms.

In contrast, Lush Acres comes in more variations and the living room is much more spacious. It can easily fit in 3 + 2 sofa + dining table for 8. This is an important consideration for bigger family or family who likes to enterain.

3. As I like to swim, the 100m swimming pool is a big bonus. Lush Acres is the 2nd EC after CityLife to have 100m pool,

4. It is a decision we have to make. Whether you prefer to walk a long time to MRT or a shorter walk to LRT.

My wife prefer a shorter walk to LRT as she likes to wear high heels and find it not so practical to walk to Punggol MRT on office attire.

5. As we evaluate Eco and Lush Acres, we are also considering Vue 8.
We understand that the indicative psf for a 96 sq m 3-bedroom is $850 psf.

Yes, it may seem higher in Psf than EC but we do not need to commit to 8.5 years (3.5 years construction + 5 years MOP).

We are also comfortable with the absolute $. Apparently, a 3-bedroom 96 sq m in Vue 8 costs about $870,000.

We are really cracking which one to commit although some of our colleagues and friends are asking us to hold on in light of the various uncertainities especially the interest rate hike and the risks of supply glut.

For HDB upgraders, the risks of HDB prices going down (when we sell the HDB upon TOP) is a real concern unless we sell the HDB flats now and rent for the time being.

Eh
09-07-13, 12:36

You can download the actual site plan from HDB website under new launches/ Executive Condo.

Ecopolitan's width is narrower and, to add on, they push some of the blocks 134, 136 and 138 inner (further away from the TPE) so as to give buyers some sense of comfort that it is not so near to the TPE.

As a result, the distance between the blocks surrounding the main pool might be too close for comfort.

We are seriously considering whether to e-app Lush Acres or to buy Vue 8 residence.My wife like Lush Acres for various reasons.

1. It is from CDL. Both QJ and CDL are highly regarded developers. We have visited many show flats (including from CDL and QJ) in the last few years.

Our main conclusion is EC's quality is generally a notch lower than most private condos.

You may choose to disagree with our observations. However, I would suggest you visit the showflats of some ECs and private condos to verify yourself.

We have not seen the showflats of Ecopolitan and Lush Acres. Our bet is Lush Acres's quality could be slightly better if CDL maintain the same quality for Lush Acres.

2. We are very impressed with the Lush Acres's floor plans. Their layout better meet our requirements.

If you examine closely Ecopolitan Ec's floorplans, their living room is more or less the same (either 3-seater sofa or 3-seater sofa and a dining table , whether is for 3-bedroom or 5 rooms.

In contrast, Lush Acres comes in more variations and the living room is much more spacious. It can easily fit in 3 + 2 sofa + dining table for 8. This is an important consideration for bigger family or family who likes to enterain.

3. As I like to swim, the 100m swimming pool is a big bonus. Lush Acres is the 2nd EC after CityLife to have 100m pool,

4. It is a decision we have to make. Whether you prefer to walk a long time to MRT or a shorter walk to LRT.

My wife prefer a shorter walk to LRT as she likes to wear high heels and find it not so practical to walk to Punggol MRT on office attire.

Yes, it may seem higher in Psf than EC but we do not need to commit to 8.5 years (3.5 years construction + 5 years MOP).

We are also comfortable with the absolute $. Apparently, a 3-bedroom 96 sq m in Vue 8 costs about $870,000.

We are really cracking which one to commit although some of our colleagues and friends are asking us to hold on in light of the various uncertainities especially the interest rate hike and the risks of supply glut.

For HDB upgraders, the risks of HDB prices going down (when we sell the HDB upon TOP) is a real concern unless we sell the HDB flats now and rent for the time being.

You can keep your Hdb if you buy Vue 8 instead of EC.

Personally I prefer lush floor plan too and no matter how cheap punggol is or how much development govt had promised I will also not buy punggol.

NO_7
09-07-13, 12:46
If you can get a unit in a block further away from TPE, then don't think the noise from TPE would be a problem. By the way, my 8 minute walk was from Ecopolitan showflat entrance to right inside the MRT <excluding waiting time at traffic lights>.

All the best for your house hunting !

P.S. A correction - Tampines Trilliant has a tennis court but no clubhouse.
TTT have a club house but some developer name it as function room or villa or dinning villa, any way just 2 walls 2 full glass face pool empty air-con room. Better one 3 or 4 sided full glass equip with dinning facilities with full air-com plus nice surrounding with waterfall, some have 2 or more such facilities.

Talking about near TOP EC projects, think Prive is the nicer one.

rymccondo77
09-07-13, 12:52

I personally think there is no perfect timing especially when you are buying for your own stay. Most importantly, the property you are buying is within your financial means (e.g. you can still pay your loan when interest rates increase or when one of the spouses has to stop work, etc.).

Lush Acres looks good - main disadvantage is its location - developer has to do more (e.g. better design, better facilities) to attract buyers.

NO_7
09-07-13, 13:06
You can view some Prive picture here.

http://www.punggol.sg/forum/community_issues/first_executive_condo_ec_in_punggol_central-t36588.516.html

eng81157
09-07-13, 13:13
wah piang, the location is super lousy and there are still buyers??!!!

rymccondo77
09-07-13, 13:22
What may be lousy to some buyers is fine with others - depends on buyers' needs & objectives (e.g. investment vs own stay).

Like they say - "One man's meat is another man's poison" :)

propertybuyer073
09-07-13, 13:59
I personally think there is no perfect timing especially when you are buying for your own stay. Most importantly, the property you are buying is within your financial means (e.g. you can still pay your loan when interest rates increase or when one of the spouses has to stop work, etc.).

Lush Acres looks good - main disadvantage is its location - developer has to do more (e.g. better design, better facilities) to attract buyers.

Thanks for all the advice.

To my family, we find the location of Lush Acres acceptable.

This is because my wife prefer a short distance to LRT. It is interesting to note that Lush is advertised by CDL as minutes walk to Layar LRT.

In fact, if you take a closer look at the site plan, it seems closer to another LRT - Kupang LRT (in the north). Of course, one can also walk to Fernvale LRT, next to Seletar Mall.

There is also a bus stop just outside Lush Acres.

Location wise, it is not the best. But it is also not the worst.

On facilities, I agree that Ecopolitan offers more than Lush Acres.

On the facilities, we have to ask which are the ones we really use?

For eg, 100m swimming pool is a good bonus to those who love to swim.
Agri-cube to grow vegetables (in Lush Acres) is not useful to us though it may appeal to some who love to grow vegetables.

To us, it is not just the number of facilities but the number of facilities that we will probably use or have opportunity to use.

In some condos with many units, it is not uncommon to wait for several months before you can use the club house or BBQ, for example.

Like many potential buyers, most of us will agree that pricing will be a major consideration. This also partly explain why there is a hot debate whether Ecopolitan is priced high...

If Lush Acres is priced around/ lower than Ecopolitan, it will definitely attract good demand like City Life EC or Heron Bay EC (launched in 2012).

Both City Life EC and Heron Bay attracted about 1,700 e-applications each (while ECopolitan attracted slightly more than 1,000 e-applications).

rymccondo77
09-07-13, 14:10
Kupang LRT is not operational currently (due to lack of housing / developments around the LRT at this moment) - hence the developer did not "promote" this LRT.

By the time Lush Acres is ready, this LRT could be operational :)

propertybuyer073
09-07-13, 14:43
Kupang LRT is not operational currently (due to lack of housing / developments around the LRT at this moment) - hence the developer did not "promote" this LRT.

By the time Lush Acres is ready, this LRT could be operational :)

Thanks. Good insights.

CDL advertised the site in between Lush Acres and Kupang LRT to have supermarket, eating house, shops etc (in the North) on top of 24-hour NTUC and Seletar Mall (in the West). They should be ready before the TOP of Lush Acres.

NO_7
09-07-13, 22:46

Buying BUC ppty is like looking for a wife, hand leg to slow it will become someone else wife. And ofcourse u must really love the ppty before putting down the cheque.
On the selection day or VViP day, it will be like a fish market, no time to cherry pick. Good luck to all buyers.

propertybuyer073
10-07-13, 07:56
Buying BUC ppty is like looking for a wife, hand leg to slow it will become someone else wife. And ofcourse u must really love the ppty before putting down the cheque.
On the selection day or VViP day, it will be like a fish market, no time to cherry pick. Good luck to all buyers.

Good analogy!

Some said it is easy to get married in the sense that you only need to pay few $ to ROM to register your marriage (if you keep your marriage ceremony simple).

However, it is a heavy price if you want to end your marriage. The 3-year separation marriage, the legal fees, the maintenance fees to your wife, children...

Similarly, relatively easy to commit to buying a property by signing the dotted line with the minimum downpayment.

Should one decide to terminate the purchase, one has to pay 20% of the purchase price for ECs!!!

chan600
10-07-13, 14:28
Yes, I agree that it is odd and unheard of to offer a gift to applicants of ECs. I think it is true that genuine EC buyers are not interested in the free gift. But you see, it is not the genuine buyers that the developer is targeting with the free gift, it is everyone else. The developer's (unsaid) objective is this: get as many people as possible to apply, even those who are not interested, so this hopefully will jack up the application rate. (Also, they make applicants go and collect the free gift at the site, in order to drive traffic to the show units.) The ultimate goal is to create in genuine buyer's mind that there is a lot of interest in the project.

I don't remember this free gift was not touted at the very beginning when Ecopolitan was first marketed by agents at MRT stations etc /via flyers. I wonder if it is a sign of desperation - maybe the response to the project was not be as good after initial marketing and they then came up with this idea of a free gift upon E-application submission?

As to your question about the total number of applicants /genuine applicants, these numbers are difficult to come by. Even if the developer releases the application rate, I won't get much comfort, since I doubt there is serious auditing /independent verification of that number.

I agree with you.

The agent may jus tell the public to apply, dun buy nvm still can get free gift. Maybe the agent also got target to meet as in collected how many e-app forms. :p

Once with the numbers (more than 1,000 applicants), its easier for the developer to "convince" the public and sell at their desired higher price.
Buyer who got the q no. may think better buy cos so many ppl buying, how wrong could it be? :doh:

Lush Acres floor plan already out?

In my view the best EC location was Bishan loft (many years ago). The Tampines Citylight (or citylife?) also very good!

clearlydefined
10-07-13, 16:04

Hi propertybuyer073,

I see your interest in Lush Acres and I do agree CDL is definitely a a developer you can trust.

Just keen to know if you have been to the site and how was the distance like from Layar or even Kupang LRT to the site?

I've seen some of the draft floor plans and indeed some layouts are quite unique from the typical EC of recent times. Just wondering which particular layout are you attracted to?

I'm considering having Lush Acres as our backup plan in the event Eco is too costly or we fail to get our choice units and while location wise it might lose out, if the price is lower, I can probably use the savings to get a car :)

clearlydefined
10-07-13, 16:14
Hi ClearlyDefined,

I enjoy reading your posting. Agree with you on most points except on two:

a. Twin Waterfalls (TWF) have over 700 units, but I don't think one can say it is cramped based on this fact alone. One has to take into account its piece of land, which is 280K sq ft, almost 1/3 bigger than Ecopolitan (over 500 units). (And talking about being cramped….Ecopolitan main rectangular pool has only 3 lanes!) Also, TWF is built to 17 stories, while Ecopolitan is built to 16 only. I think the reason for this is that TWF sits on a flatter piece of land, and Ecopolitan doesn't, but both are subject to the same height restriction imposed on both by URA (because of planes flying into the nearby Seletar Airbase).

b. If a developer bid too high for the land, does it justify charging buyers a high price? In the developer's mind, it would want to, but whether it can or will depends on what's in the buyers' mind. That's where developers with their various claims (many unqualified /unsubstantiated) and tactics (some deceptive) are trying to influence /"condition" the buyer's mind. The higher the price for the land, the more desperate they would get in influencing the buyer's mind.

Yes, if marketing strategies are just to create awareness, that its o.k., but developers obviously hope to do more than that, as explained above. Some are downright dishonest in marketing their projects. Like in the architectural model, removing entire blocks (say say 3 blocks out of 8) so the project does not look cramped, while claiming that is to allow buyers to see the condo features better. Another trick in the past: inside the show flat, many developers remove walls or glass sliding doors with just markings on the floor to show where these would be, and placing iiving room furniture all the way onto the balcony, so visually the unit seems spacious and /or can accommodate huge furniture pieces.

You CLEARLY :-) are a knowledgeable and analytical, but not every man in the street is. Some buyers /upgraders are not so experienced and educated, and may not be alert to the tricks developers invariably use. It is these folks that I, and I hope you too may share and alert, so they make more informed decisions.

I am not disappointed at whatever price Ecopolitan wants to charge - it is the Qinjian's decision. Just that if it is the $750 avg psf agents are claiming, I will not be interested myself, and I will advise my friends /relatives that it is priced too high, and not value for money. Afterall, there are other projects still to be launched (that's why the government is releasing more land to cool down the market), and the private condo market is expected to have an oversupply.

Hi suchard,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm probably just like any one of you out there, but I did attempt to do some homework as buying a house is a big thing to me. Just want to weigh all options and see from various perspectives.

Indeed the price could be lower and trust me, I prayed very hard too. At the end of the day, our preference to be near mrt outweigh all the negative factors and we will have to work around the negative aspects of the project.

I understand some might think its not exactly near to near but for us, 6,8 or 10 mins isn't too much of a difference and compared to both our current homes where we take about 25mins to walk to Tampines MRT, its definitely a huge improvement.

However, if too costly, we might still forgo the project and turn our attention to Lush Acres instead :D

huatah
10-07-13, 17:11
Hi Guys,

Saw alot of useful input here and i am also one of 1000+ e applicants. I have the same concern with you guys which is at the end of the day ,eco maybe priced too costly .

Definitely lush arc is our back up plan for most of us if we feel that the price is unreasonable.

Anyway , what sort of psf is considered a good value for you guys ?

I am looking at the 895 sf unit due to budget constraint. Hence in my opionion 750 psf will be a fair value since 895 is the smallest unit.

dtrax
10-07-13, 17:18
Hi Guys,

Saw alot of useful input here and i am also one of 1000+ e applicants. I have the same concern with you guys which is at the end of the day ,eco maybe priced too costly .

Definitely lush arc is our back up plan for most of us if we feel that the price is unreasonable.

Anyway , what sort of psf is considered a good value for you guys ?

I am looking at the 895 sf unit due to budget constraint. Hence in my opionion 750 psf will be a fair value since 895 is the smallest unit.

looks like your budget is below 700k, imo you do not have much choices in the pte condo now. If you see anything in 7XX psf region, just "i c i like i hoot", cannot go wrong one.

huatah
10-07-13, 17:21
looks like your budget is below 700k, imo you do not have much choices in the pte condo now. If you see anything in 7XX psf region, just "i c i like i hoot", cannot go wrong one.

Yeah that right , dont wish to burden myself with too much debt . But of course if mid 700k can get the 1050psf unit , i will go for it .

However at end of the day if it is priced at 800psf , i really regret i never get riversails when it was vvip launch.

dtrax
10-07-13, 17:27
Stay calm and dun look back :)

huatah
10-07-13, 17:31
hahah steady :P can only look forward now

propertybuyer073
10-07-13, 18:17
Hi propertybuyer073,

I see your interest in Lush Acres and I do agree CDL is definitely a a developer you can trust.

Just keen to know if you have been to the site and how was the distance like from Layar or even Kupang LRT to the site?

I've seen some of the draft floor plans and indeed some layouts are quite unique from the typical EC of recent times. Just wondering which particular layout are you attracted to?

I'm considering having Lush Acres as our backup plan in the event Eco is too costly or we fail to get our choice units and while location wise it might lose out, if the price is lower, I can probably use the savings to get a car :)

Good to see so many more discussions.

It was reported in CNA that developer QJ will price Ecopolitan at $750 - $800 psf.We should see Ecopolitan price at least $750 psf. I think a more likely figure is $790 psf as QJ has said in CNA that a 1141 sq ft will cost $900,000.

I have not physically walked from Lush Acres to Kupang LRT (as the BTO is still under construction).

However, when I went to recee the site at Lush Acres, I guess the time to walk to Kupang LRT (you can see the LRT track if you are at the Lush Acres site), to be 3 - 5 mins.

An important question now is how much will Lush Acres be priced?
Some agents priced at as low as $650 psf though an agent which has a very active blog argued that it should be $720 psf - $750 psf, which I find it more reasonable.

NO_7
10-07-13, 21:57
Hi propertybuyer073,

Aga distance to Lush Acres EC ( in straight line)
Kupang LRT stn ~ 350m
Seletar mall ~ 600m
SK sports complex ~ 900m
Layar LRT stn ~ 350m

Almost all within 5min walking distance :D but must carry umbrella.:cheers5:

suchard
11-07-13, 13:59
Yeah that right , dont wish to burden myself with too much debt . But of course if mid 700k can get the 1050psf unit , i will go for it .

However at end of the day if it is priced at 800psf , i really regret i never get riversails when it was vvip launch.

yes, one shouldn't incur too much debt. There is a lot to be said about having financial freedom. If the EC pricing is too high, just settle for something else like EC first while you build up your savings. Also, given the cooling measures by the government to engineer a soft landing, and oversupply in the private condo markets, prices would probably come down.

Buyers should take significant note that Ecopolitan is right by the noisy TPE and is further away from MRT. In my view, an AVERAGE price only ~ $700 psf is worth considering.

suchard
11-07-13, 14:29
I agree with you.

The agent may jus tell the public to apply, dun buy nvm still can get free gift. Maybe the agent also got target to meet as in collected how many e-app forms. :p

Once with the numbers (more than 1,000 applicants), its easier for the developer to "convince" the public and sell at their desired higher price.
Buyer who got the q no. may think better buy cos so many ppl buying, how wrong could it be? :doh:

Lush Acres floor plan already out?

In my view the best EC location was Bishan loft (many years ago). The Tampines Citylight (or citylife?) also very good!

All these application numbers are touted to hype up the market.

1st, not sure how reliable this number is. Over a 1,000 is such an vague number. The application period is already closed, why are they not able to specify the exact number? I suspect then that it must be just over 1,000, like 1,002? Also, don't know who audit or verify the number.

2nd, considering that they have to offer free gift to entice application, a 1,000 applications number is not that good. Most other EC launches have application rates that are about 2 x. Ecopolitan is barely 2 x, since with 512 units available for sale, they have to have 1,024 applications. I doubt they reach that number. (I personally have less faith in the integrity of Chinese companies' - IN GENERAL they don't hesitate to fudge numbers. Also, they can be unscrupulous - remember the way they put harmful ingredient in milk powder?)

3rd, the number of applicants who actually turn up to book a unit will be far lower, based on recent launches. Less than 1/2 turn up and probably less 1/2 will end up booking a unit, considering blocks facing TPEs are not preferred.

suchard
11-07-13, 14:32
wah piang, the location is super lousy and there are still buyers??!!!

Yes, agree with you that buyers really need to verify if they can withstand the noise (and pollution). It is much much louder than SLP agents and developer Qinjian want to admit.

Of course, if the price is low enough and reflects the negative aspects of this development, there will be some buyers.

propertybuyer073
11-07-13, 14:57
All these application numbers are touted to hype up the market.

1st, not sure how reliable this number is. Over a 1,000 is such an vague number. The application period is already closed, why are they not able to specify the exact number? I suspect then that it must be just over 1,000, like 1,002? Also, don't know who audit or verify the number.

2nd, considering that they have to offer free gift to entice application, a 1,000 applications number is not that good. Most other EC launches have application rates that are about 2 x. Ecopolitan is barely 2 x, since with 512 units available for sale, they have to have 1,024 applications. I doubt they reach that number. (I personally have less faith in the integrity of Chinese companies' - IN GENERAL they don't hesitate to fudge numbers. Also, they can be unscrupulous - remember the way they put harmful ingredient in milk powder?)

3rd, the number of applicants who actually turn up to book a unit will be far lower, based on recent launches. Less than 1/2 turn up and probably less 1/2 will end up booking a unit, considering blocks facing TPEs are not preferred.

I agreed with Suchard that the application rate is rather disappointing.

This is because:

1. ECs like City Life EC, Heron Bay EC has about 1,700 applications each. Even Heron Bay which is in more ulu place can has 1,700 applications.

2. We should expect more pent-up demand considering that there are only 2 EC launchs in the first half of this year. One is Twin Fountains and the re-launched Forestville. Twin Fountains attracted almost 1,000 applications considering that both are in woodlands and both ECs are just next to each other (i.e. applications spread out between Twin Fountains and Forestville).

3. QJ advertised very heavily for Ecopolitan EC. If we examine just the Straits Times, they took out a 2-page advertisement on the first Sat e-app. They followed up with a whole-page advert for 4 more times (Sun, Fri, Sat, Sun). How much is spent in the ads in Straits Times alone (excluding other papers and medium)... and yet only slightly more than 1,000 applied.

4. They gave out free pot worth $60+ to each e-application. We may not fall in this group but there will be some who might be tempted to e-app for the free gift.

5. The attrition rate is very high for EC. If we look at just the Watercolours EC which is co-developed by GPS. More than 800 e-applied. Eventually, only more than 200 booked the units. It took them about 1 year to sell all the units.

6. The negative factors of Ecopolitan site could be explained that only 3 companies bidded for the site and QJ won at a low land cost of $310 psf.

yesnomaybe
11-07-13, 18:02
Noise issue is not new and can be associated with many recent launches eg Urban Vista, J Gateway etc

Yet these launches have sold pretty well..in J Gateway's case, in one day.

Hopefully, the developer will price Ecopolitan reasonably so that applicants can get their dream homes.

rymccondo77
11-07-13, 19:08
(1) J Gateway's sales is 'noise' proof :D Think quite a number of buyers there are investors so they don't care as much for the MRT noise as those who buy for own stay.

Those who rent the units there would probably place more importance on convenience than on the MRT noise - they just have to bear / put up with the noise.

(2) Think only about 30% to 40% of the Ecopolitan units will be booked out of those who applied. Won't be surprised if the developer has to come up with more promotional offers in future to sell the remaining units.

propertybuyer073
11-07-13, 21:31
(1) J Gateway's sales is 'noise' proof :D Think quite a number of buyers there are investors so they don't care as much for the MRT noise as those who buy for own stay.

Those who rent the units there would probably place more importance on convenience than on the MRT noise - they just have to bear / put up with the noise.

(2) Think only about 30% to 40% of the Ecopolitan units will be booked out of those who applied. Won't be surprised if the developer has to come up with more promotional offers in future to sell the remaining units.

I agreed with Rymcondo77.

There is a big difference when buying for investment vs for stay.

For investment purpose, I don't have to crack so hard as my priority is to rent out the unit. My main priority is yield (and how easy to rent out). This may partly explain why many pte condos devote a significant % to smaller-sized units like 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom. Even the 3-bedroom are quite small, some as small as 80 sq m.

For ECs, I have to be very careful because:

1. Must ensure we continue to meet the family requirement. If you read today's headline in Straits Times, we have about 27,000 new marriages. But we also have about 7,000 divorces. In other words, about 1/4 of every new marriage may breakup eventually. It is quite common nowadays to have friends/ colleagues who are separated/ divorcee.

2. Relating to the first point, the penalty is significant - 20% of the purchase price i.e. S$200,000 (for a S$1 million EC) cash in the unfortunate event like separation, divorce etc

3. If you observe all the past EC sales, the bigger units tend to sell out first while the smaller units like the 2-bedrooms are the hardest to move. You can see good examples in Topiary EC, Watercolours EC, to name a few. Reasons is simple - EC is for home stay.

4. In the case of Ecopolitan EC, QJ has allocated most of the unit mix to bigger units. There is no 2-bedroom to begin with.

There are only limited smaller 3 bed-room units. Most of the units are at least 3-bedroom co-space of 1,213 sq ft. Based on $770 psf, this is at least from S$934,000. A higher floor 3-bedroom co-space will be at least S$1 million.

Most of the good facing units are 4 and 5 bedroom co-space of at least S$1 million .To me, co-space is nothing new. In fact, QJ managed to save some $ from building the wall, door etc.

The target group is evident. They are the HDB upgraders thinking they can continue to sell the HDB flats at the same/ higher price 3 years later.

In finance/ investing term, this is very risky as the HDB upgraders may end up buying high (the EC now unless it is priced realistically and selling low the HDB flats when the bumper supply of HDB flats come on stream from 2015.

huatah
11-07-13, 22:41
Too bad the property bubble is still growing and there are no signs of slowing down .

For me, personally i buying it is for own stay and most likely i wont be having kids or at most 1 kid .Hence size is not that critical but i need at least a 3 br .

I do agree QJ has spend quite alot on marketing and not too sure if 1000 e app to them is considered good response.

BTW what are the odds that left over units are priced lower then the initial ballot ? I remember even 1 canberra take very long time to sell , they never lower the price.

NO_7
11-07-13, 23:00
They only allocate 30% to 2nd timer, 1st timer make up the majority.
Many 1st timer will need to take up such a huge loan, grant by HDB doesn't looks that appealing to me.
Without 2 bedded it will put off 1st timer, J gateway is playing with quantum game, if you look at the price n disregard their Psf.
Sometime u need to look into PC market in order to catch what's agent n market driving at. Read up Estuary thread on how they counter the road noise n just to get a feel of it.

NO_7
11-07-13, 23:04
BTW what are the odds that left over units are priced lower then the initial ballot ? I remember even 1 canberra take very long time to sell , they never lower the price.
Never happen for EC.

kane
11-07-13, 23:24
i don't think their margins are as generous as PC that will allow them to cut prices like capitaland's D'leedon.

if they do, the economy must have really hit a very bad patch, a patch that is worse than lehman crisis.

suchard
12-07-13, 20:10
Too bad the property bubble is still growing and there are no signs of slowing down .

For me, personally i buying it is for own stay and most likely i wont be having kids or at most 1 kid .Hence size is not that critical but i need at least a 3 br .

I do agree QJ has spend quite alot on marketing and not too sure if 1000 e app to them is considered good response.

Actually there is some slowing down……the property sentiment index has reportedly dipped quite a fair bit. Also, the government is releasing more land for ECs.
With recent loan curbing measures, there will be further downward pressure. Also, there is inevitably a spill over effect from softening in the private condo market to other sectors - ECs and even HDB. Evidence - the cash over valuation amount has declined.
All these softening of the property market is not a bad thing (of course those who own properties don't like it that's why government are so hard-pressed to do anything)…..asset bubble distort proper /efficient allocation of resources. Is it healthy for a country to have and encourage a huge bunch of people making hundreds of thousands flipping properties?

suchard
12-07-13, 20:54
Aga distance to Lush Acres EC ( in straight line)
Kupang LRT stn ~ 350m
Seletar mall ~ 600m
SK sports complex ~ 900m
Layar LRT stn ~ 350m

Almost all within 5min walking distance :D but must carry umbrella.:cheers5:

Lush Acres is opening E-appln before nearby Ecopolitan booking is completed. What does this signify? Does this timing reflect strategic thinking on CDL's part or means nothing? What does it say about CDL's own view of:
a. the EC buyers' pool (too small a pool, so better compete for same demographics?),
b. the state of Singapore property market (softening, so better hurry?)
c. the strengths of its project vs. Ecopolitan? (Our project is better than their's, so buyers you have choices?)

Also, how does Lush' launch affect Qinjian's plan /strategy, particularly its pricing of Ecopolitan? Or is one sending some kind of signal to the other?

rymccondo77
12-07-13, 21:04
(1) Ecopolitan and Lush Acres are located in 2 neighbouring HDB estates (Punggol and Sengkang), so there is a high chance both are competing for the same pool of EC buyers (e.g. HDB upgraders in these 2 estates).

If I am not mistaken, quite a number of buyers of ECs launched earlier in Punggol are also from Sengkang.

(2) I personally think the design of Lush Acres EC is better than Ecopolitan - Ecopolitan's advantage vs Lush Acres is that it is of walkable distance to the MRT.

propertybuyer073
13-07-13, 13:15
Lush Acres is opening E-appln before nearby Ecopolitan booking is completed. What does this signify? Does this timing reflect strategic thinking on CDL's part or means nothing? What does it say about CDL's own view of:
a. the EC buyers' pool (too small a pool, so better compete for same demographics?),
b. the state of Singapore property market (softening, so better hurry?)
c. the strengths of its project vs. Ecopolitan? (Our project is better than their's, so buyers you have choices?)

Also, how does Lush' launch affect Qinjian's plan /strategy, particularly its pricing of Ecopolitan? Or is one sending some kind of signal to the other?

Since young, we have been taught "there is no free lunch"

Yet in Singapore, we can have free gifts when we e-app.

Ecopolitan EC started the ball rolling by offering e-applicants a free pot worth $60+

Lush Acres EC follows suit, dangling $50 shopping voucher.

This raises some alarm bells to me and probably many potential EC buyers.

Is the EC market really that bad/ competitive that the developers have to resort to giving out free gifts to urge people to e-apply?

If a genuine buyer will e-app, whether there is a free gift or not, the question remains on the real intent of offering free gifts to those who e-applied bearing in mind the developers have more information and insights on the property market than most of us.

rymccondo77
13-07-13, 14:01
(1) It is competitive, with other ECs are about to be launched (e.g. Sea Horizon in Pasir Ris, Skypark in Sembawang, Waterwoods in Punggol).

Also think the pool of potential buyers has shrunk given all the CMs and changes to the EC rules.

(2) Developers will do what they can to drive up the numbers and the sales - they are ultimately profit making (and profit maximisation) organisations!

yesnomaybe
13-07-13, 22:52
Free $50 City Square voucher for eligible applicants

www.lushacres-ec-sengkang.com

Call 91087536 to submit an e app for the only EC so far with a 100m lap pool

propertybuyer073
14-07-13, 13:09
Free $50 City Square voucher for eligible applicants

www.lushacres-ec-sengkang.com

Call 91087536 to submit an e app for the only EC so far with a 100m lap pool

I could be wrong.

I recall the CityLife EC, which received 1,700 e-apps when launched in Dec 2012, marketed it as the first EC to have the 100m lap pool.

So, Lush Acres should be the second EC to have 100 m lap pool.

The 100m pool is a big draw for those who like to swim and for those who prefer to have swimming pool view as swimming pool view tends to command a premium when selling in the secondary market.

yesnomaybe
14-07-13, 23:44
I could be wrong.

I recall the CityLife EC, which received 1,700 e-apps when launched in Dec 2012, marketed it as the first EC to have the 100m lap pool.

So, Lush Acres should be the second EC to have 100 m lap pool.

The 100m pool is a big draw for those who like to swim and for those who prefer to have swimming pool view as swimming pool view tends to command a premium when selling in the secondary market.

Yes, you are right...my mistake.

www.ecopolitan-ec.name

propertybuyer073
15-07-13, 09:34
Yes, you are right...my mistake.

www.ecopolitan-ec.name

This is a small thing.

The bigger point is Lush Acres has a rare 100m swimming pool.

huatah
15-07-13, 14:54
guess the big day is approaching .

btw how would the booking day be like ? once ballot hits u and u go up to choose unit and make a 5% cheaque payment ?

anyone care to share their experience lol

suchard
23-07-13, 14:51
Since young, we have been taught "there is no free lunch"

Yet in Singapore, we can have free gifts when we e-app.

Ecopolitan EC started the ball rolling by offering e-applicants a free pot worth $60+

Lush Acres EC follows suit, dangling $50 shopping voucher.

This raises some alarm bells to me and probably many potential EC buyers.

Is the EC market really that bad/ competitive that the developers have to resort to giving out free gifts to urge people to e-apply?

If a genuine buyer will e-app, whether there is a free gift or not, the question remains on the real intent of offering free gifts to those who e-applied bearing in mind the developers have more information and insights on the property market than most of us.

I would agree with you…..If developers expects the application to be strong, they wouldn't have to pull out all stops to entice applicants. This free gift seems to a desperate measure to drive up application rate, to artificially create the impression of good demand. The actual application rate turns out to be pretty dismal in my opinion. Can you imagine what the rate would be without the free gifts? And given that some applicants are not serious but just apply to get the free gifts, the turnout on booking would not be that good, unless Qing Jian prices psf on the lower end.

chan600
24-07-13, 20:51
My fren told me today suppose to be E app result but there is no news yet.

yesnomaybe
25-07-13, 01:18
Ballot results will be known later today.

Good luck to all applicants.

chan600
25-07-13, 16:26
Ballot results will be known later today.

Good luck to all applicants.

My fren is 2nd timer q number is 300+ dunno got chance or not.

Anyone know estimating how many 1st and 2nd timer in the applicants?

yesnomaybe
26-07-13, 00:07
Got chance...total 512 units..why worry if Q number is 300+?

chan600
26-07-13, 09:44
Got chance...total 512 units..why worry if Q number is 300+?

He is 2nd timer and of cos 512 units his target units maybe at most 100 only. Worry the 30% quota.

huatah
26-07-13, 14:24
my queue no 118 , but i aiming at the smallest stack ;(

suchard
26-07-13, 14:35
my queue no 118 , but i aiming at the smallest stack ;(

I understand that the queue number have an alphabet in front of the number, no? So yours is not A118 or E118? It seems that not much info is provided about how the queue number system is like.

yesnomaybe
26-07-13, 22:53
He is 2nd timer and of cos 512 units his target units maybe at most 100 only. Worry the 30% quota.

Its like that for 2nd timers...should have been mentally prepared

Anyway, typical scenario at EC booking day is this - half of the applicants will show up and of this group only half will actually book a unit

huatah
01-08-13, 14:50
price list is out . what are your thoughts guys ? TO me it is really on the high end

Veinman
01-08-13, 19:15
price list is out . what are your thoughts guys ? TO me it is really on the high end
What's the price like?

suchard
01-08-13, 21:09

Yes, the price is very high. Especially when you consider that the finish is cheap: Qing Jian is not putting in real hard wood floor but only laminate for the bedrooms, and the white floor tiles are so ordinary. The kitchen cabinets and wardrobes all look cheap.

I think QJ is trying to pass off the costs to buyers (maintaining a high profit margin) because they paid too much for the land. But that is really their problem. Just because recent land sales for ECs is strong doesn't necessarily mean that demand for ECs will stay strong. Developers are fighting to bid for EC sites because the private condo market is getting weaker, and they need to continue to work on developments, so that they can show increasing profitability to their shareholders.

Given the current downward price trend, MAS's new debt ratio (though that may not apply to ECs) etc., recent reports about weakness in the property market, lower cash over value in property resale market (which means upgraders may not be so prepared to fork out high prices), greater supply in the next few years, prices of residential properties are likely to drop. People should buy at prices they could afford and not overstretch financially, so they will not end up worrying about monthly payments, particularly when interest rate goes up.

rymccondo77
01-08-13, 23:27
What's the price like?

Can go to website here to have a better idea of the prices -

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/homeseekers-homemakers-74/new-ec-next-twf-punggol-3884724.html

Average about $800 psf !

rymccondo77
01-08-13, 23:32
Yes, the price is very high. Especially when you consider that the finish is cheap: Qing Jian is not putting in real hard wood floor but only laminate for the bedrooms, and the white floor tiles are so ordinary. The kitchen cabinets and wardrobes all look cheap.

I think QJ is trying to pass off the costs to buyers (maintaining a high profit margin) because they paid too much for the land. But that is really their problem. Just because recent land sales for ECs is strong doesn't necessarily mean that demand for ECs will stay strong. Developers are fighting to bid for EC sites because the private condo market is getting weaker, and they need to continue to work on developments, so that they can show increasing profitability to their shareholders.

Given the current downward price trend, MAS's new debt ratio (though that may not apply to ECs) etc., recent reports about weakness in the property market, lower cash over value in property resale market (which means upgraders may not be so prepared to fork out high prices), greater supply in the next few years, prices of residential properties are likely to drop. People should buy at prices they could afford and not overstretch financially, so they will not end up worrying about monthly payments, particularly when interest rate goes up.

Your HDB loan is not included in the the debt ratio calculation for purchases of ECs - this is because you have to sell your HDB flat within 6 mths of TOP of the EC.

NO_7
01-08-13, 23:50
How to afford?

civic3106
02-08-13, 14:36
How to afford?
Will be interesting to see how many carrot heads book their unit tomorrow.

Ecopolitian land price is cheaper than Forestville but selling price is alot more than Forestville. Furnishing wise Ecopolitian really cannot make it. Cut cost all the way, no door for master bedroom wardrobe and utility room. I am most disappointed with their bathroom.

JeffKoh
02-08-13, 15:02
Will be interesting to see how many carrot heads book their unit tomorrow.

Ecopolitian land price is cheaper than Forestville but selling price is alot more than Forestville. Furnishing wise Ecopolitian really cannot make it. Cut cost all the way, no door for master bedroom wardrobe and utility room. I am most disappointed with their bathroom.

Wa... that bad with such high price.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

NO_7
03-08-13, 23:34
Close to 60% sold on day 1.:scared-5:

chan600
04-08-13, 00:25
Yes the price is high! If dun buy now the future EC price would be more Ex!

kane
04-08-13, 01:25
are there a lot of first time buyers or single home upgraders in this market? $800psf is a little too much to pay for no?

delirious
05-08-13, 22:32
With all the high and record ec land sales plus developers holding costs etc, we should be seeing even higher prices on all the recent ecs launching after 15 mths unless a real big turn in the market so it aint high especially if you like this location or unless the location that is upcoming is somewhere you are certain you want.

propertybuyer073
08-08-13, 22:24
Is $800 psf ex?

One way of looking at is it is effectively about $770 psf after grants (for first timers who qualify for the full $30,000 grant).

For second timers/ HDB upgraders, they also save indirectly by not paying any resale levy. Should the HDB upgraders decide to buy a new HDB flat, they have to pay a resale levy (up to $55,000).

Looking at the upcoming ECs, they should hover about $800 psf or even more.

Sea Horizon's land cost is about $330 psf and they are expected to sell about $800 psf

The recently awarded ECs in Punggol are awarded at a land cost of more than $350 psf.

It is evident that land cost is increasing. Labour cost is increasing. Construction cost is increasing...

The end result is prices might go up unless there is a severe recession.

Even if prices go down further in the next 1 - 2 years, interest rates might go up and offset any savings from lower property price.

With ECs priced about 20% cheaper than private condos and the availability of grants to new EC buyers as well as no resale levy for HDB upgraders for new EC purchase, I think the demand for ECs will remain strong.

Those that are priced out of the private condo market (more than $1,000 psf)can only turn to the EC market if they want to upgrade.

In addition, EC buyers are not subjected to the new total debt servicing framework. This will also divert some pte condo potential buyers to the EC market.

NO_7
10-08-13, 11:55
Which new sale PC in Punggol with 600m to MRT sold at $1k psf?

onglai
10-08-13, 14:04
In addition, EC buyers are not subjected to the new total debt servicing framework. This will also divert some pte condo potential buyers to the EC market.

i think ec buyers are affected oso.

propertybuyer073
10-08-13, 16:44
Which new sale PC in Punggol with 600m to MRT sold at $1k psf?

In general, ECs are priced about 20% cheaper than pte condo.

I stress the word, in general.

There are some ECs that are priced less than 20% cheaper.

For Eco, one can compare with the Pte Condos (PC) in Punggol, SengKang and even Buangkok.

If we look at the more recent launches like La Fiesta or Jewels, they are priced at least $1,100 psf.

Thus, Eco is more than 30% cheaper but La Fiesta or Jewels are not a good benchmark as they are nearer to MRT.

We have to apply a discount factor to Eco given that Eco is farther from the MRT.

In general, one cannot disagree that ECs are cheaper (especially after incorporating the grants which will lower the psf by about $30 psf).

$800 psf is effectively $770 psf for an EC vs $1,000 - $1,200 psf nowadays for a mass market condo

Ignoring interest, the [B]savings are quite significant - $230,000 to $430,000 (excluding the ABSD that one may has to pay for a PC).

NO_7
10-08-13, 17:01
Not a fair comparison, only see the price r jack up very high.

rymccondo77
10-08-13, 19:46
i think ec buyers are affected oso.

Upgraders (i.e. currently owning a HDB flat and still paying the loan for the HDB flat) who buy ECs from the developers are exempted from the new TDS framework as they must sell their existing HDB flats within 6 months of the TOP of the EC.

For more details, see the Pdf file (go to page 35) found on this URL:

http://sgpropertyagent.com.sg/Impact%20of%20Debt%20Servicing%20Framework.pdf

propertybuyer073
10-08-13, 23:00
Not a fair comparison, only see the price r jack up very high.

It is sometimes very challenging to find a perfect benchmark.

I can't speak for all EC buyers.

However, I believe they must have reasons to buy ECs like

1. They are concerned that they are/ could priced out of the PC market. Mass market condo nowadays are mostly above $1,000 psf. Most are $1,100 - $1,200 psf.

2. In contrast, EC costs $800 psf or $770 psf after grants. Ex but still more affordable than a PC.

3. For upgraders, they have to cough up the 7% ABSD for a PC, bit not EC.

4. The new TDSR applies to PC, but not EC

In addition, EC has deferred payment scheme.

5. The massive savings from buying EC instead of PC. We are not talking about $100,000 or $200,000 but $500,000 - $600,000.

What can we do with $500,000 - $600,000?

6. Will EC prices come down in the near time? Highly unlikely. This is because land costs are getting even higher - $350 psf to about $420 psf in the recent EC sites. These sites can be launched only 15 months later upon award of tender.

7. In other words, there will likely be no new EC launches for quite some time till end 2014 or early 2015 (after the upcoming EC launches).

I think EC developers can take their time to sell the leftover units as there will still be buyers given that there are likely no new EC launches in the first 9 months next year.

The $$$ question - continue waiting for prices to come down or commit now on concerns that EC prices may go up further?

Another $$$ question - Will there be changes to the EC scheme given that EC buyers enjoy quite a number of perks like grants, no resale levy, no ABSD, no need to be subjected to TDSR framework, deferred payment etc compared to buying a PC?

star
10-08-13, 23:23
New EC above $800psf will be a norm from now on.

NO_7
11-08-13, 02:30
Price are relative to distance from MRT, an EC with 600m to MRT should compare with a PC in the same attribute and not compare with a only 200m to MRT Parc Centros condo.
Parc Centros are sold on average price of $990psf and if its 20% cheaper then an EC of same distance should be selling at $792psf, with an extra 400m distance further away to MRT maybe a 10% premium off the price will be reasonable for an EC like Eco and that is just $693psf on average.:2cents:

Project ------------PSF
RiverParc ---------678
Prive --------------686
Austville ----------705
Twin Waterfalls --716
Topiary -----------730
Heron Bay --------734
WaterBay ---------740
Esparina ----------750
River Isles --------831
Parc Vera ---------837
Flo Res ------------841
Riversound --------864
Riversail -----------867
A Treasure Trove -909
Boathouse --------917
Parc Centros ------990

NO_7
11-08-13, 02:50
Speaking of land price Eco is not the most expensive EC in SK and Punggol.

Project ------------PPR
RiverParc ---------237
Prive --------------308
Austville ----------320
Twin Waterfalls --270
Topiary -----------295
Heron Bay --------303
WaterBay ---------320
Esparina ----------315
Ecopolitan --------314

11-08-13, 08:53
Lush acres can compare with h2o.
Anyway I guess now is the "golden age" for ECs until the next policy change at least. Which is who knows when :beats-me-man: aug 18 :beats-me-man:

Is $800 psf ex?

One way of looking at is it is effectively about $770 psf after grants (for first timers who qualify for the full $30,000 grant).

For second timers/ HDB upgraders, they also save indirectly by not paying any resale levy. Should the HDB upgraders decide to buy a new HDB flat, they have to pay a resale levy (up to $55,000).

Looking at the upcoming ECs, they should hover about $800 psf or even more.

Sea Horizon's land cost is about $330 psf and they are expected to sell about $800 psf

The recently awarded ECs in Punggol are awarded at a land cost of more than $350 psf.

It is evident that land cost is increasing. Labour cost is increasing. Construction cost is increasing...

The end result is prices might go up unless there is a severe recession.

Even if prices go down further in the next 1 - 2 years, interest rates might go up and offset any savings from lower property price.

With ECs priced about 20% cheaper than private condos and the availability of grants to new EC buyers as well as no resale levy for HDB upgraders for new EC purchase, I think the demand for ECs will remain strong.

Those that are priced out of the private condo market (more than $1,000 psf)can only turn to the EC market if they want to upgrade.

yesnomaybe
11-08-13, 09:10
Have to factor in time that each EC was launched ... Construction costs have increased.

NO_7
11-08-13, 12:21
Lush acres can compare with h2o.
Anyway I guess now is the "golden age" for ECs until the next policy change at least. Which is who knows when :beats-me-man: aug 18 :beats-me-man:
H2O take ages to sell due to their high pricing since launch in 2011, but it's by the river with LRT at the door step which is their selling points, after Seletar Mall was announced their sale started picking up again. Their average price is less than $1k Psf which was higher than many other projects at that time. While other later launched projects like RiverIsles, Flo, ATT, Parc Centros, WT, Luxuries, Boathouse r selling very well this project was still moving very slow.

NO_7
11-08-13, 13:08
Have to factor in time that each EC was launched ... Construction costs have increased.
Any info. on the cost?

propertybuyer073
11-08-13, 14:13
There is one factor which you could have overlooked - current market condition/ sentiment.

All the prices which you have indicated are past prices and almost all the units have been sold.

It is just like a share.

If we always compare to the past prices, we will miss many good investment opportunities.

For example, the share price of say Co A was $1 last year. Now it is trading at $1.50. There is no point looking back at the past $1 price.

In accounting, this is called sunk cost.

What is more relevant is the current price and the future prices going forward.

We have to accept the current market price of most mass market condos is at least $1,000 psf.

n

propertybuyer073
11-08-13, 14:13
There is one factor which you could have overlooked - current market condition/ sentiment.

All the prices which you have indicated are past prices and almost all the units have been sold.

It is just like a share.

If we always compare to the past prices, we will miss many good investment opportunities.

For example, the share price of say Co A was $1 last year. Now it is trading at $1.50. There is no point looking back at the past $1 price.

In accounting, this is called sunk cost.

What is more relevant is the current price and the future prices going forward.

We have to accept the current market price of most mass market condos is at least $1,000 psf.

n

NO_7
11-08-13, 14:44
Estimate breakeven PSF PPR ($)
Twin Waterfalls ------536
Waterbay ------------592
Ecopolitan -----------585

beepbeep
11-08-13, 22:27
Estimate breakeven PSF PPR ($)
Twin Waterfalls ------536
Waterbay ------------592
Ecopolitan -----------585

How do you or which formula you use to derive the breakeven figure?

slackerkoh
11-08-13, 23:45
Just a question. Why is this plot of land ( Ecopolitan) only received 3 bids? It is near to MRT and Expressway compare to Lush and H20. More idea in term of convenient.
And also seems like the local developer (CDL, Far east, MCL) seems to favor fernvale plot of land more.

propertybuyer073
12-08-13, 09:42
Just a question. Why is this plot of land ( Ecopolitan) only received 3 bids? It is near to MRT and Expressway compare to Lush and H20. More idea in term of convenient.
And also seems like the local developer (CDL, Far east, MCL) seems to favor fernvale plot of land more.

The no of bids is an indication of interest.

However, we must recognize when the plot of land was open for sale, it was a couple of years back.

The market conditions then could be very different from the market conditions now.

There were quite a number of plots especially ECs available for tender. This may explain why we are seeing a number of upcoming ECs like Lush Acres, Sea Horizon, Sembawang EC, Waterwoods EC (before we can have new ECs later next year/ early 2015).

The demand for EC is expected to be hot (unless there are changes to EC scheme). This explains why we are seeing more and more developers vying for EC sites. This can be seen in several developers vying for a EC plot, whether in Yuan Chin or Punggol and the recent sites being sold at $350 - almost $420 psf.

I think what is more important is the new norm.
As reported in today's Straits Times (Pg 3), new mass market condos will likely be about $1,200 psf and may even hit $1,500 psf.

It is not surprising that subsequent ECs will be likely be sold at $800 psf and more.

Notwithstanding this, ECs are still a good buy considering the many perks of EC such as grants, no resale levy, no ABSD, no need to be subjected to TDSR, about 20% cheaper than current mass market condos, progressive payment ....

This can be seen in the robust sales of ECO. It is about 60% sold on its first day with an average price of less than $800 psf.

I think ECO is still a good deal considering that it is 20% cheaper than most current mass market condos which are more than $1,000 psf (about $1,200 psf for subsequent mass market condos).

Steff
12-08-13, 20:43
Ecopolitan EC remaining units

http://eco-politan-ec.com/ecopolitan-response/

propertybuyer073
12-08-13, 22:35
Thanks for the update.

How about % sold as of today?

It is reasonable to expect the leftover units (after 1st day) will take some time to "move"

yesnomaybe
12-08-13, 22:49
318 sold so far...prices increased by 1% since booking day

www.ecopolitan-EC.name

yesnomaybe
12-08-13, 23:10
Interested buyers call 91087536 for updates

Steff is non-SLP agent who's not core team there

yesnomaybe
13-08-13, 00:42
318 sold so far...prices increased by 1% since booking day

www.ecopolitan-EC.name

323 units sold so far

Call 91087536 for update

propertybuyer073
13-08-13, 13:51
Thanks for the update. Quite commendable results.

I believe more will buy after the launch of Lush Acres as some prospective buyers are adopting a "wait-and-see" attitude preferring to decide after they see the price of Lush Acres and/or their choice Lush Acres units are taken up.

Carrothead
14-08-13, 01:05
Hiya, saw this thread and tot share the decision process for considering Eco and finally making the decision to buy.

1) 2nd Timer status - Given income restrictions, we may not be eligible for ECs in a year or so. Not qualified for BTOs, only PCs may be consideration in future.

2) Loan Financing - To finance new PC as 2nd timer, need to sell flat now and rent 3 yrs to qualify for 80% loan or pay ABSD of 7% upfront or fully repay 1st mortgage, then sell before TOP. TOP units generally >5% higher than launch. Either way, that is 80K to 200K gone. New PC, for 2nd timers, loan limit is 50%, unless you sell your flat to qualify for 80%. TDSR means that for 2nd timers, if you are still servicing existing loan, your max loan will be hit hard.

3) ECO pull - Love the water features and numerous pools. We got an avg number, but managed to avoid the expressway facing units, got a pool facing 3BR Cospace. 2 balconies facing pool, make up for the 10 min leisure walk to MRT. The expressway facing units are not selling well for obvious reasons, which is understandable. Punggol upside is high, as compared to woodlands and Pasir Ris, given the new developments planned. Downside is that PG is getting crowded, though ECO, 2 turns and you are on expressway, and 10 mins you are on a MRT.

4) PC market - Despite cooling measures, PC market is still hot, with prices on upward trend. >$950 PSF is the norm compared with >$800 PSF in the past for sub urban area. We probably can get a PC at the same price, but minus off 400 sq ft to get a 800+ sq ft unit. Of cos, PC can sell much earlier than EC after ABSD expires if market is right.

5) COVs falling - Currently own a resale unit just past our 5yr MOP in Punggol. Near school and LRT but given cooling measures and surplus of BTOs, we are concerned about the price it can fetch given locals less likely to consider resale. Committing to EC allows us to sell within 6mths of TOP to get max 80% loan. We should have a better window to gauge time to sell existing flat. Inflation of 3 to 4 % means valuation price should still hold firm under worst case scenario.

6) EC market - EC is hot. Too hot maybe. But DD > SS. Pissed that developer is launching at a higher than expected PSF. Ours is just under 800 psf, the mid-high range of the 760 to 830 range. However, after ECO, Sea Horizon launching above $800 psf, lush acres delayed launch and agents indicate price will be same if not higher than ECO, even though it is right beside petrol kiosk. After Sea Horizon, will be left with Waterwoods, which certainly wouldn't be cheaper given higher bid price. Then will be long break till end of next year as 15 month ruling kicks in for EC sales. So by then, considering plot bid prices rising rapidly, we may be looking at $850 min PSF range for suburban locations?

7) Garment - Of cos, having said all, Mr Khaw always can come in and throw us off the horse sometimes. Restrict income ceiling for ECs? Limit Plot bids for ECs? Scrap ECs? Anybody's guess. Only thing for sure, is they may cool more but not freeze.

8) Asset bubble burst - Touch wood, if bubble burst, economic crisis, market corrects, unemployment shoots up, loans default, then it could jolt the market and people into their senses. However, given past experiences, I think that would be a perfect storm situation .... though the ppl would be right to then say "I told u so" ...

So given the PSF price, we are probably Carrot-Heads now, but guess time will tell if we are in the future, but anyway we did get the units we loved.... Think Hard Whack Hard I guess ... :banghead:

yesnomaybe
14-08-13, 01:16
ST young writers harp a lot about over impending large supply of condo units. Yes, this is true.

However, they always fail to mention about the demand situation. As we all know, Singapore has a low birth rate situation and 100,000 people are let into Singapore every year till 2030 to counter our aging society problem. Given the objection of general Singapore public, the local press always downplay this.

So, any suggestion of property market drastic softening I think is overblown.

yesnomaybe
17-08-13, 17:50
Ecopolitan is near Punggol mrt
But still around same price level as Lush Acres which 3 LRT stops away from Sengkang mrt
Call 91087536

yesnomaybe
24-08-13, 08:40
Last 178 units ! Call 91087536

yesnomaybe
25-08-13, 09:19
4 bedroom cospace units still available !
Call 91087536 Raymond

beepbeep
26-08-13, 10:51
Ecopolitan is near Punggol mrt
But still around same price level as Lush Acres which 3 LRT stops away from Sengkang mrt
Call 91087536

Raymond Loke Siew Chung R011760B aka yesnomaybe, you talked down on Lush Acres at Ecopolitan thread but asked people to call you at Lush Acres thread. Agent like you are despicable!

yesnomaybe
26-08-13, 10:56
Beep beep, you despicable coward ..hiding behind the cloak of anonimity to come after me..I am talking up Ecopolitan, you imbecile !

beepbeep
26-08-13, 11:09
Raymond Loke Siew Chung R011760B aka yesnomaybe, you talked down on Lush Acres at Ecopolitan thread but asked people to call you at Lush Acres thread. Agent like you are despicable!

Raymond Loke Siew Chung R011760B, yes, you make Ecopolitan looks better when you put Lush Acres down, practice what you preach and remove all your adverts in Lush Acres thread!!

yesnomaybe
26-08-13, 11:18
Beep beep, go screw yourself you cowardly piece of shit !

yesnomaybe
27-08-13, 15:11
176 units left !
Near Punggol mrt station and future Waterway Point Mall
Call 91087536

Eh
27-08-13, 19:56
176 units left !
Near Punggol mrt station and future Waterway Point Mall
Call 91087536

It is not near punggol MRT and mall. The word near has to be defined properly.

rymccondo77
27-08-13, 20:05

Near enough for me - about a 10 minute walk to the MRT - tested walking before.

Triszavi
27-08-13, 20:19
Seems like left over units not moving fast. With the latest HDB resale measures announced today, upgraders will have to think twice before committing. It will be challenging to sell off the existing flat in 3 years time especially for owners staying in Punggol and Sengkang because there are so many new BTOs and ECs completed by then.
The news on more buyers purchasing flats at zero COV especially in Punggol, Sengkang, Hougang and Jurong West also underscore the sentiment moving forward.

Eh
27-08-13, 20:41
Near enough for me - about a 10 minute walk to the MRT - tested walking before.

Good for you then.

babyt
27-08-13, 20:51
in SG concept, near to mrt must be less than 5 mins walk LOL

ppl r so lazy.

Eh
27-08-13, 20:54

ppl r so lazy.

Yah. Damn these lazy people.:rolleyes:

rymccondo77
27-08-13, 21:04

ppl r so lazy.

Take it as an opportunity to exercise :)

rymccondo77
27-08-13, 21:06
Seems like left over units not moving fast. With the latest HDB resale measures announced today, upgraders will have to think twice before committing. It will be challenging to sell off the existing flat in 3 years time especially for owners staying in Punggol and Sengkang because there are so many new BTOs and ECs completed by then.
The news on more buyers purchasing flats at zero COV especially in Punggol, Sengkang, Hougang and Jurong West also underscore the sentiment moving forward.

If the value of your HDB flat has already appreciated quite substantially, than zero COV is not so bad.

4wheels
27-08-13, 22:03

it is an indication!

yesnomaybe
27-08-13, 23:10

Let me guess, you're a strawberry generation Singaporean ?

yesnomaybe
27-08-13, 23:17

Again, depends on what one defines as fast. Topiary, in a very ulu location in Sengkang has already been sold out. And One Canberra, also not in what is considered a great location is down to last 30 plus units.

Eh
27-08-13, 23:29
Let me guess, you're a strawberry generation Singaporean ?

I don't like strawberry.

yesnomaybe
27-08-13, 23:36
The 'oversupply' of hdb flats in 3 years time will be mitigated by the increase in population yearly.

Depending on how one defines the average household size, 100,000 immigrants into Singapore yearly means additional 20,000 to 30,000 plus households annually.

yesnomaybe
01-09-13, 00:03
BY
XUE JIANYUE
-29 AUGUST
SINGAPORE — To provide residents with a greater sense of spaciousness, the Housing and Development Board (HDB) will be introducing a new form of housing with a landscaped deck and hybrid car park at Punggol Matilda.

This concept consists of housing blocks built around precinct spaces located on elevated decks. Car park facilities are provided beneath it.

There will be longer distances between buildings. Integrated landscaped decks also provide “door-step” accessibility to the precinct amenities.

The HDB has identified a few suitable sites in Punggol Matilda to be designed with this new housing form. About 500 units will be launched next month.

The new Punggol Matilda estate was named after the Matilda House, a colonial house built in 1902 at Punggol’s waterfront. It inspired architects to include verandahs and colonnaded walkways into its design.

Punggol Matilda will thus feature open lawns and dense tree groves to resemble the tropical fruit orchard that once surrounded the house. One of the oldest houses here, the property was given conservation status by the Urban Redevelopment Authority in 2000.

When fully complete, Punggol Matilda, a waterfront housing district, will consist of 8,000 units that are expected to house about 28,000 residents. The development of the district is part of the Phase 2 master plan for Punggol New Town which was unveiled in October last year.

To connect residents to the waterfront, there will be three corridors across the estate.

The central corridor, along Punggol Field, is planned as a community street with pedestrian-friendly features such as an “urban verandah”. The two-storey high verandah will provide shelter for residents walking from the waterfront to future commercial developments. The community street will have amenities such as a proposed waterfront shopping centre, eating houses and shops to serve the residents.

The other two corridors are envisioned by HDB as boulevards lined with trees.

Punggol Matilda is one of three new housing areas being showcased at HDB’s “Future Homes, Better Lives” Exhibition this evening (Aug 29) at the HDB Hub Atrium.

The exhibition showcases the broad development plans for three new housing areas — Bidadari, Tampines North, and Punggol Matilda. It will be held from today to Sept 15.

yesnomaybe
05-09-13, 10:39
Ecopolitan EC with more spacious rooms, closer distance to mrt station and at lower psf than Sea Horizon. Last 175 units. Call 91087536

4wheels
05-09-13, 23:10
Ecopolitan EC with more spacious rooms, closer distance to mrt station and at lower psf than Sea Horizon. Last 175 units. Call 91087536

Look like it is selling OK but not fantastic.

I would expect EC to sell more than 95% after weeks of launch.

yesnomaybe
05-09-13, 23:27
Sales are ok ...One Canberra was launched about a yr ago and now it is down to the last 20+ units ..as a comparison

rymccondo77
06-09-13, 01:21
Think it will sell out eventually (or be almost sold out) - the main challenge is to sell the units closest to TPE.

yesnomaybe
06-09-13, 09:56
Think it will sell out eventually (or be almost sold out) - the main challenge is to sell the units closest to TPE.

I think this TPE noise issue is over exaggerated ...Ecopolitan is about 3 stories height above the expressway and there are a line of trees and about 3 lanes of slip roads between TPE and Ecopolitan.

Those units facing Pasir Ris Drive 3 at Sea Horizon EC won't have a noise issue ?

Come on, those are even closer to the road and at the same level !

rymccondo77
06-09-13, 12:19
I think this TPE noise issue is over exaggerated ...Ecopolitan is about 3 stories height above the expressway and there are a line of trees and about 3 lanes of slip roads between TPE and Ecopolitan.

Those units facing Pasir Ris Drive 3 at Sea Horizon EC won't have a noise issue ?

Come on, those are even closer to the road and at the same level !

As they say "perception is reality" - a lot of people view being close to the expressway as noisy.

Think the Ecopolitan developer has done what they can to reduce the noise through its design of the EC. Job is to convince potential buyers that it is not an issue.

The units that are not sold - are they the ones closest to TPE? If not, then I am wrong about the noise issue :)

huatah
06-09-13, 13:10
to be frank , i switch to buy lush acres due to the noise. It quite bad if you are physically there. The show flat location is ok as it is far enough however if you take the extra effort to walk to the hdb units facing the TPE , you will understand what i mean . I take lift to level 11 & 12 on a sunday afternoon and i can still hear the noise. Dont think i can rest at home comfortably unless i close all the windows and on my AC. Just 2 cents

yesnomaybe
06-09-13, 14:09
to be frank , i switch to buy lush acres due to the noise. It quite bad if you are physically there. The show flat location is ok as it is far enough however if you take the extra effort to walk to the hdb units facing the TPE , you will understand what i mean . I take lift to level 11 & 12 on a sunday afternoon and i can still hear the noise. Dont think i can rest at home comfortably unless i close all the windows and on my AC. Just 2 cents

CDL's Lush Acres is pretty nice ...congrats

huatah
07-09-13, 01:13
Thanks think twin waterfall is thebest buy:-)

NO_7
07-09-13, 01:55
Thanks think twin waterfall is thebest buy:-)
Prive is the best buy.

rymccondo77
07-09-13, 05:37
Both Twin waterfalls and Prive are good buys :)

Both are near enough to the MRT station and with psf lower than the newer ECs that were launched in Punggol.

CSR999
07-09-13, 12:37
Both Twin waterfalls and Prive are good buys :)

Both are near enough to the MRT station and with psf lower than the newer ECs that were launched in Punggol.

if see like that, bought few years back will always be good buys becoz lesser psf...

cant compare like that... can only compare the recent launches with the recent launches...

among the recent launches, i think Lush Acres is better project than ecopolitan or sea horizon or upcoming waterwoods & skypark... as Lush Acres is surrounded by 3 other private condos... and lush acres is CDL, whereas Eco & SH are chinese developers...

u can also see this from the sales also, Ecopolitan release 2 weeks before Lush Acres, but Ecopolitan sold only 330(65%), Lush Acres already sold 315(82%)...

And chances are, Lush Acres pure sales numbers(now 315 vs 330) will also cross Ecopolitan even with a 2-week difference in launch dates...

Coming to Sea Horizon, the prices are real crazy, the sea-view angles are stupidly very narrow, and important to note the height of the buildings is only 10-13 levels... not good enough height for proper good views... even those units with nice sea-view angle, lack the height... so for me the project is same like any other in-city ec project or worst than them except for 10-15 units which can really claim good sea-view...

huatah
07-09-13, 13:05
Actually I quite surprised too that lush managed to sell better compare to eco as I believe eco is nearer to mrt. Some more I expect lush to be priced cheaper than eco but they are almost the same. Cdl should be laughing their way to bank since the land purchase is so cheap.

yesnomaybe
07-09-13, 13:21
Actually I quite surprised too that lush managed to sell better compare to eco as I believe eco is nearer to mrt. Some more I expect lush to be priced cheaper than eco but they are almost the same. Cdl should be laughing their way to bank since the land purchase is so cheap.

Lush Acres show units are well done by CDL..very classy looking...almost as nice as Jewel

However, the recently won bid by Fraser at Yishun should be noted as there is a mixed development site next to Punggol mrt flanking Watertown

rymccondo77
07-09-13, 13:38
if see like that, bought few years back will always be good buys becoz lesser psf...

cant compare like that... can only compare the recent launches with the recent launches...

among the recent launches, i think Lush Acres is better project than ecopolitan or sea horizon or upcoming waterwoods & skypark... as Lush Acres is surrounded by 3 other private condos... and lush acres is CDL, whereas Eco & SH are chinese developers...

u can also see this from the sales also, Ecopolitan release 2 weeks before Lush Acres, but Ecopolitan sold only 330(65%), Lush Acres already sold 315(82%)...

And chances are, Lush Acres pure sales numbers(now 315 vs 330) will also cross Ecopolitan even with a 2-week difference in launch dates...

Coming to Sea Horizon, the prices are real crazy, the sea-view angles are stupidly very narrow, and important to note the height of the buildings is only 10-13 levels... not good enough height for proper good views... even those units with nice sea-view angle, lack the height... so for me the project is same like any other in-city ec project or worst than them except for 10-15 units which can really claim good sea-view...

(i) Twin waterfalls and Prive were launched only one to two years before the newer ECs in Punggol (i.e. waterbay and Ecopolitan, and soon to be launched waterwoods) - the prices of ECs have gone up quite considerably in just a relatively short time.

My point is that those who bought Twin waterfalls and Prive should be happy with their purchases - lower psf and bigger / more spacious developments - no need to compare which one is better :)

(ii) Yes (personal view) agree that Lush Acres is a better project than Ecopolitan, though location wise Ecopolitan is in a more convenient location (nearer to MRT i.e. no need to take the LRT to get to the MRT).

And Ecopolitan faces the challenge of selling the units nearer to the TPE (I could be wrong but I think the units that are unsold are those nearer to TPE - if I was buying Ecopolitan and got a good booking number, I will book a unit further away from TPE.)

(iii) As for Sea Horizon - the prices are crazy indeed (around $900 psf for PH units) !!!
But think people will still buy as the number of new ECs to be launched in future will be dwindling due to the new measures on EC launches.

CSR999
07-09-13, 14:08
(i) Twin waterfalls and Prive were launched only one to two years before the newer ECs in Punggol (i.e. waterbay and Ecopolitan, and soon to be launched waterwoods) - the prices of ECs have gone up quite considerably in just a relatively short time.

My point is that those who bought Twin waterfalls and Prive should be happy with their purchases - lower psf and bigger / more spacious developments - no need to compare which one is better :)

(ii) Yes (personal view) agree that Lush Acres is a better project than Ecopolitan, though location wise Ecopolitan is in a more convenient location (nearer to MRT i.e. no need to take the LRT to get to the MRT).

And Ecopolitan faces the challenge of selling the units nearer to the TPE (I could be wrong but I think the units that are unsold are those nearer to TPE - if I was buying Ecopolitan and got a good booking number, I will book a unit further away from TPE.)

(iii) As for Sea Horizon - the prices are crazy indeed (around $900 psf for PH units) !!!
But think people will still buy as the number of new ECs to be launched in future will be dwindling due to the new measures on EC launches.

Agree, EC prices in the last 1-2 years jumped up a lot... And dont know the future, so surely there will be reasonable sales at Sea Horizon also...

If you are talking abt resale value, yes prive near MRT has good value. But for the others, i would still place Lush Acres (with surrounding condos) above the rest...

About LRT & MRT,
I know the Sinkies mentality, but imagine (1) u need to change 2 MRT trains to goto your workplace, and (2) u need to change 1 MRT & 1 LRT trains to goto your workplace ? What is the difference ? Nothing for me, but I know some die-die will say MRT is MRT...

yesnomaybe
07-09-13, 14:22
Agree, EC prices in the last 1-2 years jumped up a lot... And dont know the future, so surely there will be reasonable sales at Sea Horizon also...

If you are talking abt resale value, yes prive near MRT has good value. But for the others, i would still place Lush Acres (with surrounding condos) above the rest...

About LRT & MRT,
I know the Sinkies mentality, but imagine (1) u need to change 2 MRT trains to goto your workplace, and (2) u need to change 1 MRT & 1 LRT trains to goto your workplace ? What is the difference ? Nothing for me, but I know some die-die will say MRT is MRT...

Of course it makes a difference...imagine a 5-10 minutes wait times 2 every day ...that's 20 minutes every day ...time which could be better spent doing something else

Ecopolitan is like an undervalued stock...the empty fields beside Punggol mrt station will be highly valued

CSR999
07-09-13, 14:46
Of course it makes a difference...imagine a 5-10 minutes wait times 2 every day ...that's 20 minutes every day ...time which could be better spent doing something else

Ecopolitan is like an undervalued stock...the empty fields beside Punggol mrt station will be highly valued

Ecopolitan need to walk 10min lah... so 20min more daily to reach workplace... So personally i prefer LRT at doorstep than walk 10min to MRT...

Anyway, within Ecopolitan project, the better units are already sold out... the remaining ones r not so attractive... will be very hard to sell...

Yes, the open field near punggol mrt is another mixed development...
SK also got another mall coming up opposite the SK sports complex...

yesnomaybe
07-09-13, 14:51
Ecopolitan need to walk 10min lah... so 20min more daily to reach workplace... So personally i prefer LRT at doorstep than walk 10min to MRT...

Anyway, within Ecopolitan project, the better units are already sold out... the remaining ones r not so attractive... will be very hard to sell...

Yes, the open field near punggol mrt is another mixed development...
SK also got another mall coming up opposite the SK sports complex...

The walking distance from Ecopolitan to Punggol is about the same as sea Horizon to Pasir Ris mrt

And no, not all the remaining units are facing the TPE

yesnomaybe
07-09-13, 15:03
By the way, Lush Acres is about 500m away from Layar LRT station

CSR999
07-09-13, 23:51
By the way, Lush Acres is about 500m away from Layar LRT station

by TOP, Kupang LRT just 250m away...

yesnomaybe
08-09-13, 00:10
Kupang LRT station is about the same distance to Lush Acres as Layar LRT station.

Have you even been to Lush Acres' location or are arguing for argument sake ?

CSR999
08-09-13, 11:04
Kupang LRT station is about the same distance to Lush Acres as Layar LRT station.

Have you even been to Lush Acres' location or are arguing for argument sake ?

I'm familiar with SK, Punggol... so dont worry...

To Kupang: From side gate exit, need to cross road & under HDB blocks
To Layar: From main entrance, footpath

And also, to add, LA got bus-stop at side gate exit, direct to MRT...
In comparison, Ecopolitan has no LRT, no bus, and takes around 10min easily...

If not sure, check before ask...
anyways i dont want to go any deeper to prove to u...

http://s15.postimg.org/f5huj7i61/Kupang.png

yesnomaybe
08-09-13, 11:38
Got bus lah ...service 119 ....just 2 stops from Punggol bus interchange
Stop right in front of Punggol Green primary school

Lush Acres is also 10 minutes walk to Fernvale and Future Seletar mall

yesnomaybe
08-09-13, 11:44
Your pic is misleading because if it is extended lower it will show that Lush Acres is about the same distance to Layar as Kupang

I am stationed at both ECs so I know both locales very well

CSR999
08-09-13, 12:11
Your pic is misleading because if it is extended lower it will show that Lush Acres is about the same distance to Layar as Kupang

I am stationed at both ECs so I know both locales very well

Nothing misleading...

Yes, both layar & kupang aerial distance is 250-300m...
But to Kupang, can go under HDB blocks, short-cut...
But to Layar, cannot, need to go by footpath along the road... because got school & surrounding condos...

so effectively kupang is nearer than layar...

Btw,
I did walk from fernvale lrt (selatar mall) to LA
layar lrt to LA
punggol mrt to Ecopolitan

So... i know...
doesnt take 10mins as u claim... still better, can walk under HDB blocks... less than 5min...

Ecopolitan to mrt, clearly 10min for the same person...

And, more misleading is... service 119, doesnt stop near ecopolitan, still need to walk fair distance... aerial distance 250m from bus-stop to ecopolitan... same distance of LA side gate to kupang lrt... dont believe me, use streetdirectory...

Anyways, this is not a big issue, move on...

yesnomaybe
08-09-13, 12:17
As I have stated, service 119 stops at Punggol Green primary school and the walk to Ecopolitan is about 100m or so

It is an issue as more whackos in this forum will be emboldened to take shots at me

CSR999
08-09-13, 12:20
As I have stated, service 119 stops at Punggol Green primary school and the walk to Ecopolitan is about 100m or so

It is an issue as more whackos in this forum will be emboldened to take shots at me

cheers...

looking at your signature, guess an agent...
with ERA or SLP ?

yesnomaybe
08-09-13, 12:36
Ecopolitan is solely marketed by SLP...definitely not an E company bully boy

propertybuyer073
08-09-13, 15:48
I'm not an agent.

I feel compelled to come in.

I have done various research on Eco and Lush and would like to add:

In terms of location, Eco is more strategic as it is nearer to MRT than to LRT.

There is a bus stop to be built just along Punggol Way next to the TWF and Eco (One can verify it at any TWF site plan).

The buses will bring you to Punggol MRT and Sengkang MRT depending on which direction you take the bus (if Eco or TWF residents do not want to walk to MRT).

For Eco residents, they can a short walk via the side gate to the bus stop.

Unknown to many, there is a BTO that boasts many shops, supermarket and eating place just to the left of TWF/ ECO. The BTO name is Matilda Putico, which will be ready before the TOP of ECO.

One can do goggle search and find the site plan and review of Matilda Putico.

Again, an Eco resident can take the side gate and take a short walk to the various amenities in thee Matilda Putico BTO (on the left on Eco).

propertybuyer073
08-09-13, 15:57
The Matilda Patico BTO has a 2-storey commercial block.

It is just to the left of ECO and TWF.

Unfortunately, I can't attach the photo and site plan.

yesnomaybe
08-09-13, 16:45
I'm not an agent.

There is a bus stop to be built just along Punggol Way next to the TWF and Eco (One can verify it at any TWF site plan).

The buses will bring you to Punggol MRT and Sengkang MRT depending on which direction you take the bus (if Eco or TWF residents do not want to walk to MRT).

Unknown to many, there is a BTO that boasts many shops, supermarket and eating place just to the left of TWF/ ECO. The BTO name is Matilda Putico, which will be ready before the TOP of ECO.

Again, an Eco resident can take the side gate and take a short walk to the various amenities in thee Matilda Putico BTO (on the left on Eco).

All points agreed.

Additionally, like in Yishun where Frasers put in a crazy bid for the site next to Northpoint. I think Far East will go all out to get the site next to Waterway Point when it is up for bidding.

08-09-13, 16:49
I'm not an agent.

Out of curiosity, so which one did u go for ? Eco or Lush ?

CSR999
08-09-13, 17:21
I'm not an agent.

Thanks for the inputs, but focused only on Eco. Hence compels me to reply, to balance it out.

If you are comparing eating house, supermarkets, and shops... then hands down Lush Acres... Got eating house & shops & supermarkets at kupang, layar, fernvale lrt... all within 5 minutes...
plus add jalan kayu eating shops & restaurants at SK sports centre

coming to big malls:
Eco will have waterway point & new proposed waterfront matilda mall...
LA got seletar mall, new mixed development opp SK sports centre, greenwich, causeway point (3 bus stops)

ECO additional pluses: Riverside walk
LA additional pluses: SK sports centre, Senkang riverside park, Riverside walk

Eco Biggest Plus: walkable to mrt (though 10min)
Lush Biggest Plus: exclusive all condo zone

Now, Let me compare side-by-side:

MRT: Eco (but 10min walk)
LRT/Bus: LA (less than 5min - Kupang/Layar both ways)
Supermarkets/Eating Houses: LA
Malls: Both (slighter LA upperhand, because of Selatar mall less than 5min)
Sports facilities: LA
Parks: LA
Riverside walk: Both
Siteplan: LA
All Condo Exclusivity: LA
Developer: LA
Floorplans: LA
Finishings Quality: LA

So, hands down LA better than Eco...
Eco beats LA only on MRT walking distance... which too, is not that Eco is near, Eco needs 10min...

People who dont know the SK/Punggol area are the ones who will bluntly say Eco better than LA by looking at the map. Those who know the local area in & out, will say LA...

propertybuyer073
08-09-13, 17:43
Thanks for the inputs, but focused only on Eco. Hence compels me to reply, to balance it out.

If you are comparing eating house, supermarkets, and shops... then hands down Lush Acres... Got eating house & shops & supermarkets at kupang, layar, fernvale lrt... all within 5 minutes...
plus add jalan kayu eating shops & restaurants at SK sports centre

coming to big malls:
Eco will have waterway point & new proposed waterfront matilda mall...
LA got seletar mall, new mixed development opp SK sports centre, greenwich, causeway point (3 bus stops)

ECO additional pluses: Riverside walk
LA additional pluses: SK sports centre, Senkang riverside park, Riverside walk

Eco Biggest Plus: walkable to mrt (though 10min)
Lush Biggest Plus: exclusive all condo zone

Now, Let me compare side-by-side:

MRT: Eco (but 10min walk)
LRT/Bus: LA (less than 5min - Kupang/Layar both ways)
Supermarkets/Eating Houses: LA
Malls: Both (slighter LA upperhand, because of Selatar mall less than 5min)
Sports facilities: LA
Parks: LA
Riverside walk: Both
Siteplan: LA
All Condo Exclusivity: LA
Developer: LA
Floorplans: LA
Finishings Quality: LA

So, hands down LA better than Eco...
Eco beats LA only on MRT walking distance... which too, is not that Eco is near, Eco needs 10min...

People who dont know the SK/Punggol area are the ones who will bluntly say Eco better than LA by looking at the map. Those who know the local area in & out, will say LA...

That's one factor which might not so be desirable for families with children.

Petrol station.

This may spark a lot of debate

One can do research on the potential health costs of living near petrol station.

Of course, one can also argue the health costs of living near major roads.

To us, we carefully evaluated the potential health risks as we have children and old folk

ECo has a small plus for families with children.

A pri sch just next door although it is not a top pri sch.

Within 1 km, there is Mee Toh though a popular choice.

For families with children, these are important considerations.

CSR999
08-09-13, 17:57
That's one factor which might not so be desirable for families with children.

Petrol station.

This may spark a lot of debate

One can do research on the potential health costs of living near petrol station.

Of course, one can also argue the health costs of living near major roads.

To us, we carefully evaluated the potential health risks as we have children and old folk

ECo has a small plus for families with children.

A pri sch just next door although it is not a top pri sch.

Within 1 km, there is Mee Toh though a popular choice.

For families with children, these are important considerations.

Petrol stations in SG are very safe... research too much fuss... equally can say about expressways... sound & exhaust both... so cant say anything there...

actually LA got 24 hrs NTUC fairprice, 7-eleven, and the shop at petrol station... as 24/7 amenities... even plus...

talking about school... SK got school more famous schools & school on every street... there is a school in the adjoining plot too... and also famous nan chiau pri & secondary within 1KM... so again LA beats Eco on both counts...

yesnomaybe
08-09-13, 18:17
Petrol stations in SG are very safe... research too much fuss... equally can say about expressways... sound & exhaust both... so cant say anything there...

actually LA got 24 hrs NTUC fairprice, 7-eleven, and the shop at petrol station... as 24/7 amenities... even plus...

talking about school... SK got school more famous schools & school on every street... there is a school in the adjoining plot too... and also famous nan chiau pri & secondary within 1KM... so again LA beats Eco on both counts...

One very glaring omission...Waterway Point Mall next to Punggol mrt will have over 300 shops and a ten screens cineplex

huatah
08-09-13, 18:54
Wah very heated conversation here and nice input. Anyway people will definitelycompared between eco and LA since they are released at the same time. Anyway most important is at end of day you know which factors are more important to you and u r happy with your purchase just like me. I have been aiming eco since April, waiting for its price list selection process etc. But I bought LA in the end which Is due to certain factors.

* HOW COME NOONE COMPARED WATERWOOD SINCE IT IS RELEASING SOON. WE CAN ADD WATERWOOD TO THE COMPARISON.

CSR999
08-09-13, 19:09
One very glaring omission...Waterway Point Mall next to Punggol mrt will have over 300 shops and a ten screens cineplex

Not omission lah... cant expect one to remember all...

but i appreciate if people, talk about +ves & -ves of both the projects... you never listed one +ve of LA in this conversation... that is biased... whereas I'm acceded some points to Eco... being fair & balanced...

Talking about shops in the malls for both... if add all the shops of compass point + seletar mall + greenwich + upcoming mixed development at sports complex it is more than the shops at waterway point & matilda mall...

and coming to cineplex, seletar mall also got cineplex... 5 screens...
but waterway point got Imax... thats a plus... but not everyday you go Imax, mostly cineplex...

yesnomaybe
08-09-13, 19:17
Difficult to compare Waterwoods and Ecopolitan with available info

373 units with penthouses with private lifts in WW

yesnomaybe
08-09-13, 19:22
What I find annoying is that ppl come after me because of the time taken to walk from Ecopolitan to mrt station which clearly depends on one's walking pace
But hardly anyone calls out the ERA guy on the Sea Horizon thread where he claimed that 85% of units will have sea view which is clearly BS

CSR999
08-09-13, 19:23
Wah very heated conversation here and nice input. Anyway people will definitelycompared between eco and LA since they are released at the same time. Anyway most important is at end of day you know which factors are more important to you and u r happy with your purchase just like me. I have been aiming eco since April, waiting for its price list selection process etc. But I bought LA in the end which Is due to certain factors.

* HOW COME NOONE COMPARED WATERWOOD SINCE IT IS RELEASING SOON. WE CAN ADD WATERWOOD TO THE COMPARISON.

no one is aggressive at personal level... at least not me...

that should be the objective of any discussions in this forum...
informative & comparisons & discussing different factors about various projects...

but not being personal & abusive... we dont get awards/rewards here for that...

Of all the EC releases recently (2013) for me, in order of preference:
Lush Acres
Sky Park(just based on location, need to look at siteplan)
Ecopolitan
Sea Horizon
Waterwoods
Twin Fountains
Forestville

Waterwoods is least attractive compared to LA, Eco, SH...

yesnomaybe
08-09-13, 19:26
Sea Horizon located near 4 other condos comprising about 2,500 units will be a nightmarish traffic wise

CSR999
08-09-13, 19:27
What I find annoying is that ppl come after me because of the time taken to walk from Ecopolitan to mrt station which clearly depends on one's walking pace
But hardly anyone calls out the ERA guy on the Sea Horizon thread where he claimed that 85% of units will have sea view which is clearly BS

i never went to personal level...

and i dont pull up people personally or get abusive... so i cant answer for the other guy...

and for me, i said the walking time comparison for the same person at the both the sites, so it is consistent... and i'm not picky about the walking distance... i'm comparing the project to project on the whole...

i'm just advising you that when comparing, try to talk +ves & -ves of both projects, instead of just focusing on one project's +ves... thats only 1/4th of the whole story...

CSR999
08-09-13, 19:34

Actually i pointed in this thread already (not SH thread), that the sea-view units numbers of SH is BS... on the whole project, if one is to count the units with proper sea-view, can count on fingers...

propertybuyer073
08-09-13, 21:42
Actually i pointed in this thread already (not SH thread), that the sea-view units numbers of SH is BS... on the whole project, if one is to count the units with proper sea-view, can count on fingers...

What is important as pointed by one user is you are happy with your purchase.

Everyone has different set of buying criteria.

My wife and I undertook a comprehensive analysis of all the criteria which some users have pointed out.

We even have a weightage to each criteria giving more weight to the criteria that we value most.

One can easily list 10 strengths of Eco.

Similarly, one can easily 10 strengths of Lush Acres.

Vice versa, one can list the weakness of Eco and Lush Acres (Same for other ECs).

For us, we are devoted Buddhists. We want our children to attend Mee Toh Pri. Else, Punggol Green Pri (just next to Eco) would be great too.

<Waterwoods is also near Mee Toh Pri but Waterwoods might not be cheap given the higher land cost.

So, to us, our children education is our top priority.

This also explain why we decided to give Lush Acres a miss because of its close proximity to petrol station.

We also consulted various property buyers and those who rent flat.

Our question is simple -

Would you prefer to rent an apartment which is 10 mins walk from a MRT station or to walk 5 mins to a LRT station followed by 3 stations to a MRT station.

Most opted for the former i.e. 10 min walk to MRT.

We reckon in terms of renting out our apartment in future, Eco would be easier to rent out.

Again, one may dispute this.

I leave it to you to run this experiment.

Eventually, location, location, location still matters.

Again, one may argue 10 min walk is too long.

3 - 5 mins walk more manageable.

The mil $ question is at what price for a condo is within 3 - 5 mins walk from a MRT?

If you buy Eco at say $790 psf (10 min walk to a MRT) compared to say $1,250 psf (5 mins walk to MRT), you have more leeway to charge cheaper rents.

Rental yield is what matter.

For Sea Horizon EC, while it might seem ex, we must recognize that some might buy for various reasons.

It is near Pasir Ris Pri Sch which is fairly good school. It is also near 2 other pri schools. All these schools are established schools which have produced some good top scorers.

In schools in Sengkang and Punggol, most schools are newer or lack track record. For schools like Nan Chiau Pri, it is very challenging to be admitted as it is always highly oversubscribed. Parents who live in Sengkang and Punggol will know the challenge of finding childcare centres and perhaps pri schools etc.

I think we should not have a ranking of condos/ ECs.

People buy for various reasons and for reasons which they matter most to them.

For us, our priority is our children. Next is the prospect of renting out in future. This is where location, location still matters.

Some criteria like interior décor eg toilets not up to standards are not important to us as we can easily fix them by hiring a contractor to re-do the toilets.

CSR999
08-09-13, 22:20
What is important as pointed by one user is you are happy with your purchase.

Everyone has different set of buying criteria.

My wife and I undertook a comprehensive analysis of all the criteria which some users have pointed out.

We even have a weightage to each criteria giving more weight to the criteria that we value most.

One can easily list 10 strengths of Eco.

Similarly, one can easily 10 strengths of Lush Acres.

Vice versa, one can list the weakness of Eco and Lush Acres (Same for other ECs).

For us, we are devoted Buddhists. We want our children to attend Mee Toh Pri. Else, Punggol Green Pri (just next to Eco) would be great too.

<Waterwoods is also near Mee Toh Pri but Waterwoods might not be cheap given the higher land cost.

So, to us, our children education is our top priority.

This also explain why we decided to give Lush Acres a miss because of its close proximity to petrol station.

We also consulted various property buyers and those who rent flat.

Our question is simple -

Would you prefer to rent an apartment which is 10 mins walk from a MRT station or to walk 5 mins to a LRT station followed by 3 stations to a MRT station.

Most opted for the former i.e. 10 min walk to MRT.

We reckon in terms of renting out our apartment in future, Eco would be easier to rent out.

Again, one may dispute this.

I leave it to you to run this experiment.

Eventually, location, location, location still matters.

Again, one may argue 10 min walk is too long.

3 - 5 mins walk more manageable.

The mil $ question is at what price for a condo is within 3 - 5 mins walk from a MRT?

If you buy Eco at say $790 psf (10 min walk to a MRT) compared to say $1,250 psf (5 mins walk to MRT), you have more leeway to charge cheaper rents.

Rental yield is what matter.

For Sea Horizon EC, while it might seem ex, we must recognize that some might buy for various reasons.

It is near Pasir Ris Pri Sch which is fairly good school. It is also near 2 other pri schools. All these schools are established schools which have produced some good top scorers.

In schools in Sengkang and Punggol, most schools are newer or lack track record. For schools like Nan Chiau Pri, it is very challenging to be admitted as it is always highly oversubscribed. Parents who live in Sengkang and Punggol will know the challenge of finding childcare centres and perhaps pri schools etc.

I think we should not have a ranking of condos/ ECs.

People buy for various reasons and for reasons which they matter most to them.

For us, our priority is our children. Next is the prospect of renting out in future. This is where location, location still matters.

Some criteria like interior décor eg toilets not up to standards are not important to us as we can easily fix them by hiring a contractor to re-do the toilets.

Sure, it comes down to individual's preferences... as they are the ones putting the money...

But cant go around bluntly ask MRT or LRT better ? Need to look on the whole project...

LA location has many benefits... scenery, parks, river, sports centre... so on & so on... as you said, different people have different needs/preferences...

I can change internal fittings but cant change the finishings...
I cant buy the reputation of the developer...
I cant change the floor plans & site plans...
I cant choose my neighbours... LA is exclusive condo surroundings & beautiful parks & nature & sport facilities...

For rental yields,
in few years there is a new hospital in SK, seletar airspace industry, wafer fabrication industry... lots of new jobs, new housing demand for rent/resale...

people who want to live in condos for rent or even more for buying, prefer location both mrt distance & the surroundings, people dont prefer a condo in between hdb buildings... exclusive condo surroundings also got better value...

For me, the only thing that Eco does well than LA is distance to MRT... in rest all cases LA is a better project...

Not just me,
Surely LA is better even going by the market's answer...
LA sales doing better than Eco...
That answers everything...

But sure, again comes down to the individual...
What is good for the market, need not meet his needs... what he needs, might be something different...

so agreed, as long as one is happy with his choice, no need to worry about other things...

rymccondo77
08-09-13, 22:22
Each EC has it own pros and cons.
And each person who bought has his / her own reasons for doing so.

Congrats to all you guys who bought Ecopolitan or Lush Acres :) :)