07-06-13, 00:35
THE QUINN AT 9 BARTLEY ROAD

{6 KEY HIGHLIGHTS OF THE QUINN}
UNIQUE FRENCH CLASSICAL DESIGN
RARE FREEHOLD DEVELOPMENT
MINUTES STROLL TO WOODLEIGH AND BARTLEY MRT
WITHIN 1KM TO FAMED MARIS STELLA AND CEDAR PRIMARY
NEXT TO UP-COMING NEW TOWN BIDIDARI ESTATE
SUPER HIGH CEILING OF 3.4M (TYPICAL UNIT)
{KEY FACTS}
DEVELOPER: TOP GLOBAL LIMITED
ARCHITECT: PARK + ASSOCIATES
TENURE: FREEHOLD
SITE AREA: 7,083.50 SQM
NO. OF UNITS: 139 UNITS
NO. OF BLOCKS: 4
HEIGHT OF DEVELOPMENT: 5 STORIES
TOP DATE: DEC 2016
{FACILITIES}
52M LAP POOL
CHILDREN'S POOL
CLUBHOUSE
GYMNASIUM
CHILDREN'S PLAYGROUND
BBQ PIT
ROOFTOP JACUZZI
COURTYARD
SUN DECK
AND MANY MORE..

1 BEDROOM (474 - 570 SQFT)
1 + 1 BEDROOM (560 - 603 SQFT)
2 BEDROOM (646 - 840 SQFT)
2 + 1 BEDROOM (807 - 904 SQFT)
3 BEDROOM ( 1055 - 1163 SQFT )
LOFT, 2BEDROOM (1582 SQFT)
PENTHOUSE (883 - 1905 SQFT)

CALL 91087536 FOR DETAILS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64460272@N03/8969503931/

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
07-06-13, 08:19
Sounds like a really nice project. Queens will love to stay at Quinn.

07-06-13, 09:06
They actually made-over the front facade of the 3 terrace houses which were en-bloc for the showflat.

yesnomaybe
10-06-13, 09:55
http://thequinn-bartley-singapore.blogspot.sg/

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
10-06-13, 10:03
Will this be a sell out?

Yes,no,maybe.

yesnomaybe
11-06-13, 22:34
http://www.thequinn-bartley-singapore.com/

yesnomaybe
18-06-13, 09:59
Freehold and near Woodleigh mrt

yesnomaybe
24-06-13, 22:30
Launching soon... The Quinn At Bartley Road

yesnomaybe
27-06-13, 23:05
Launching very soon

Register your interest now to enjoy early bird prices

www.thequinn-bartley-singapore.com

skins
04-07-13, 22:28
Entrance and exit via Bartley road only?

Village Idiot
10-07-13, 20:58
Freehold and near Woodleigh mrt

Not really near. iPad Maps says it's 0.9km walking distance :(

Would this be a better buy than Bartley Ridge?

Property Guru quoting 1,600 PSF.

Is Freehold worth the premium?

This is my first ever post. Hello to everyone and thanks for contributing to such a good forum (seems to be some good advice on here, as well as the odd property shark with their own agenda).

I want to invest in a SG condo. I've been saving money for a long time but the more I save the further behind I get. Seems prices have gone off the scale. Cooling measures not exactly making anything cool - it seems red hot. Scary. Makes me want to panic. Buy anything anywhere as fast as I can before my chance has gone forever.

skins
10-07-13, 23:46

This is my first ever post. Hello to everyone and thanks for contributing to such a good forum (seems to be some good advice on here, as well as the odd property shark with their own agenda).

I want to invest in a SG condo. I've been saving money for a long time but the more I save the further behind I get. Seems prices have gone off the scale. Cooling measures not exactly making anything cool - it seems red hot. Scary. Makes me want to panic. Buy anything anywhere as fast as I can before my chance has gone forever.

The 3 bedder layout seems good but one and two bedders layout v weird to me. Upon entry, the toilet will be to your left or right.

wirehtc
11-07-13, 06:42

The Maisons at Braddell are nearer to MRT and freehold also. You can check out if there are still 1 bedders available. The cooling measures keep things sufficiently warm so that 1st timers like yourself can have the opportunity to buy.

henryhk
11-07-13, 06:46

After my first mistake, I vow I only buy condos or hdb beside or v near an mrt....especially with Coe beyond reach...good for rental too, as tenant needs convenience...freehold is secondary if far from mrt...0.9km...a good exercise for your tenants??!

wirehtc
11-07-13, 07:17
After my first mistake, I vow I only buy condos or hdb beside or v near an mrt....especially with Coe beyond reach...good for rental too, as tenant needs convenience...freehold is secondary if far from mrt...0.9km...a good exercise for your tenants??!

Should be about 600m to Woodleigh MRT if there is a side gate to the Bartley Road.

mermaid
11-07-13, 13:20
the "nearest" will be Woodleigh mrt, but still, need to walk ard 10-15 mins. It is definitely not walkable to Bartley mrt. liddat is not near to mrt liao la! :doh:

yesnomaybe
11-07-13, 17:23
Both Maisons and the Quinn are from the same developer Top Global.

Theme for Quinn is french classical, similar to 1919 in Sophia Road, which sold very well.

Freehold and only 600m from Woodleigh mrt station - yes, walkable if you are of a reasonable fitness level.

Likely launching later part of July.

Will benefit in terms of price appreciation from the future development of nearby Bidadari town.

Village Idiot
11-07-13, 19:24
Both Maisons and the Quinn are from the same developer Top Global.

Theme for Quinn is french classical, similar to 1919 in Sophia Road, which sold very well.

Freehold and only 600m from Woodleigh mrt station - yes, walkable if you are of a reasonable fitness level.

Likely launching later part of July.

Will benefit in terms of price appreciation from the future development of nearby Bidadari town.

I do like the design I mean the architecture, not yet seen the floor plans).

But at between 600-900m to walk to MRT I am thinking that it's more than most prospective tenants would want to endure. Once Bartley Residences and Bartley Ridge are up, tenants will have many units to look at, and at a lower rental cost. I'd be worried Quinn would be hard to rent out.

I could be completely wrong. I'm an absolute novice at this. This will be my first ever property purchase.

yesnomaybe
12-07-13, 00:33
I do like the design I mean the architecture, not yet seen the floor plans).

But at between 600-900m to walk to MRT I am thinking that it's more than most prospective tenants would want to endure. Once Bartley Residences and Bartley Ridge are up, tenants will have many units to look at, and at a lower rental cost. I'd be worried Quinn would be hard to rent out.

I could be completely wrong. I'm an absolute novice at this. This will be my first ever property purchase.

Fill in the contact form on my website, I send you the floor plans

yesnomaybe
13-07-13, 23:53
Freehold at $15xx psf versus 99 leasehold at $14xx psf...

Only 139 units versus 800+ units at Bartley R

For own stay...it is a no brainer to me

wirehtc
14-07-13, 06:23
Freehold at $15xx psf versus 99 leasehold at $14xx psf...

Only 139 units versus 800+ units at Bartley R

For own stay...it is a no brainer to me

You are buying the amenities and potential of the surrounding when you buy the house. Developers are not known to help buyers save money and will price all these things in.

Village Idiot
14-07-13, 14:11
:beats-me-man:
You are buying the amenities and potential of the surrounding when you buy the house. Developers are not known to help buyers save money and will price all these things in.

I've been reading this forum a lot; it's addictive :)

People have different opinions and, I guess, it all depends on your circumstances and mind set.

Some people say that freehold is best, others say they would rather have 99LH next to an MRT station (to ensure easy rental and exit).

One thing this forum is helping me to do is cut through the spin I get from the agents. I'd be more than happy to pay for truly independent advice from a property expert that can help me select the right property, but, alas, I fear this property "game" is too dirty :) I read and I learn, but I must make up my own mind. Thanks to the people who post on this forum, it's a great place.

Allthepies
14-07-13, 19:24

Investment especially property investment is a boring game especially for investor with a single bullet...

A good investor can do nothing for many years... tat what make property investment boring... good luck...

yesnomaybe
14-07-13, 23:23
According to Propertyguru, the distance from Quinn to Woodleigh mrt station is 550m. (see attached pic)

www.thequinn-bartley -singapore.com

mcmlxxvi
15-07-13, 08:36
Investment especially property investment is a boring game especially for investor with a single bullet...

A good investor can do nothing for many years... tat what make property investment boring... good luck...
Property investment is long term activity. Want action gao gao gotta punt stocks liao lo. However for property one wrong move can sabo one jialut jialut.

mcmlxxvi
15-07-13, 08:38
According to Propertyguru, the distance from Quinn to Woodleigh mrt station is 550m. (see attached pic)

This is straight line distance - as the bird flies.

yesnomaybe
16-07-13, 15:44
Tentative launch date is 27th July

Seeking indication of interest

sabian
16-07-13, 19:49
This is straight line distance - as the bird flies.
:D Didn't realise until you pointed it out.

bargain hunter
17-07-13, 00:54
http://infopub.sgx.com/FileOpen/Ann_Media_release_for_development_at_Bartley.ashx?App=Announcement&FileID=247986

from 1500psf

skins
17-07-13, 10:47
http://infopub.sgx.com/FileOpen/Ann_Media_release_for_development_at_Bartley.ashx?App=Announcement&FileID=247986

from 1500psf

I was hoping for 3 bedders to be in the range of 14++ psf, like that means no chance?

bargain hunter
17-07-13, 12:23
this developer launched The Maisons nearby recently. after asking high, they found that units couldn't move and offered discounts.

so...........:)

I was hoping for 3 bedders to be in the range of 14++ psf, like that means no chance?

bargain hunter
17-07-13, 12:32
gotta add: the discount was offered to bulk buyers and was not advertised.

u need to try to bargain for it. :)

just to give you an example: the 1516psf record psf for R maison's 1 bedder after the hard bargain can be gotten at 1390psf.

Autumnwinds
17-07-13, 12:40
Start from 15XX for 3+1 penthouse??

skins
17-07-13, 13:00
this developer launched The Maisons nearby recently. after asking high, they found that units couldn't move and offered discounts.

So means buy early from this developer is not safe? :scared-5:

wirehtc
17-07-13, 13:14
gotta add: the discount was offered to bulk buyers and was not advertised.

u need to try to bargain for it. :)

just to give you an example: the 1516psf record psf for R maison's 1 bedder after the hard bargain can be gotten at 1390psf.

I notice most 1-bedder are around $1500 psf from the caveats lodged. Bulk buying discount applies to many projects.

bargain hunter
17-07-13, 13:16
not say not safe. they are small but backed by rich oei hong leong's sister. pretty new in ppty development and need to move their units fast. so it really depends on the demand at the launch's price point.

bargain hunter
17-07-13, 13:18
yes. but if so lucky know of enough pple to buy 5 units including urself, can approach this developer liao. they will be glad to sell the 5 units at 1390psf instead of waiting for 1500+psf.

I notice most 1-bedder are around $1500 psf from the caveats lodged. Bulk buying discount applies to many projects.

wirehtc
17-07-13, 13:23
If the price is decent around $1500 psf for 1 bedder, I think it is a good buy.

mermaid
17-07-13, 13:23

actually the maisons isn't overly priced leh .... it is a fh ppty ... I tot 1 bedder at $1500 is very attractive wor ...

I dun feel it is unfair in any way. Bulk discount due to slow moving ...

Put it tis way, if the developers tell those 1st buyers tat they can revise the $ to $1390psf if they get 4 more units .... will they still feel tat they r being chopped? :p

skins
17-07-13, 15:12
actually the maisons isn't overly priced leh .... it is a fh ppty ... I tot 1 bedder at $1500 is very attractive wor ...

Put it tis way, if the developers tell those 1st buyers tat they can revise the $ to $1390psf if they get 4 more units .... will they still feel tat they r being chopped? :p

Provided its bulk discount then yup i agree it would be ok.

yesnomaybe
17-07-13, 15:29
Tentative launch date is 27th July

bargain hunter
17-07-13, 15:57
its currently a quantum game.

take 3 1 bedders:

398 sq ft (no longer seen at new launches it seems) 1500psf = 597k. below 600k very attractive!

474 sq ft (more common now) 1500psf = 711k. ok, still acceptable.

581 sq ft (Maisons, non mickey mouse, commendable, but not what market is looking for) 1500psf = $871,500! almost 900k for a 1 bedder is not seen as attractive by quantum in investment terms.

yesnomaybe
17-07-13, 18:50
Official price list isn't out yet
The developer might price it less aggressively in view of market conditions

Autumnwinds
17-07-13, 19:06
Thinking about it, a 1bedder FH that is pretty far from mrt would not be in as high demand for rental compared to LH nearby mrt. Probably many people looking for own stay wouldn't mind this fact. But, since most 1bedder tenants will not be driving, rental demand will not be high.

yesnomaybe
17-07-13, 23:19
I do not regard 500 plus metres as 'pretty far'.

The Quinn has a unique French Indochine theme (similar to 1919 @ Sophia Rd) that may appeal to a certain group of tenants.

Other condo developments while nearer to the mrt station are just bland steel and glass buildings.

The launch date for the Quinn is confirmed to be 27th July.

yesnomaybe
17-07-13, 23:23
However, The QUINN/MAISONS show gallery will be open on 20th July.

Call 91087536 for details.

mermaid
18-07-13, 09:33
I do not regard 500 plus metres as 'pretty far'.

I do agree, esp with FH establishment, it is hard to find one tat is tat near mrt.

sabian
18-07-13, 10:24
I do agree, esp with FH establishment, it is hard to find one tat is tat near mrt.
Self stay is ok. But if want to rent out, i doubt tenants give a damn whether it is freehold or leasehold.

If same amount of rent, tenants only care about location, convenience and if the unit is in a good condition plus other criteria they may have.

Autumnwinds
18-07-13, 10:32
550m you have to cross a main road(Bartley road) which is going to be widened. Probably need to cross an overhead bridge.

And 550m >10mins walk. The preference is personal i guess, if own stay/tenant drives, probably no problem at all.

mermaid
18-07-13, 10:41
Self stay is ok. But if want to rent out, i doubt tenants give a damn whether it is freehold or leasehold.

If same amount of rent, tenants only care about location, convenience and if the unit is in a good condition plus other criteria they may have.

if I were a potential buyer, the tendency is more towards self stay. normally ppl wun choose to buy a fh to rent out la, even with similar rents, the yield will be lower, no point.

for fh self stay, usually ppl drives, hence dun expect them to walk fm the mrt :p so they dun really care if mrt is at doorstep onot.

sabian
18-07-13, 10:48
if I were a potential buyer, the tendency is more towards self stay. normally ppl wun choose to buy a fh to rent out la, even with similar rents, the yield will be lower, no point.

for fh self stay, usually ppl drives, hence dun expect them to walk fm the mrt :p so they dun really care if mrt is at doorstep onot.

So you mean to say I cannot find any freehold unit for rent if I search the classifieds at any point in time and almost all freehold dwellers drive?

mermaid
18-07-13, 10:52
So you mean to say I cannot find any freehold unit for rent if I search the classifieds at any point in time and almost all freehold dwellers drive?

tsk, tsk, tsk ... mai anyhow put words into my post hor! :tsk-tsk:

I wrote "the tendency is more towards self stay" " normally ppl wun choose to buy a fh to rent out", " for fh self stay, usually ppl drives" :o

Autumnwinds
18-07-13, 10:57

I think that's too judgemental. With the high costs of coe, how can you assume most people will be driving. That is equivalent to saying usually people who stay near to mrt wont drive.

Plus, I'd dare say that most 1 bedders would not be for own stay :tongue3:

mermaid
18-07-13, 11:00
I think that's too judgemental. With the high costs of coe, how can you assume most people will be driving. That is equivalent to saying usually people who stay near to mrt wont drive.

Plus, I'd dare say that most 1 bedders would not be for own stay :tongue3:

u another one! :doh: I hv alrdy disclaimed by saying if I were a potential buyer ...

ecimbew
18-07-13, 11:27

But it's getting harder to purchase cars unless you are flushed with excess cash.

mermaid
18-07-13, 11:32
But it's getting harder to purchase cars unless you are flushed with excess cash.

den in the 1st place one shouldn't be choosing a FH if distance fm mrt is really tat critical to him lor ... one cant hv his cake n eat it, rite? :o

ecimbew
18-07-13, 12:00
Actually there are freehold near mrt.

mermaid
18-07-13, 12:04
Actually there are freehold near mrt.

I nvr say no fh near mrt wor :( :simmering:

sabian
18-07-13, 12:30
tsk, tsk, tsk ... mai anyhow put words into my post hor! :tsk-tsk:

I wrote "the tendency is more towards self stay" " normally ppl wun choose to buy a fh to rent out", " for fh self stay, usually ppl drives" :o

I think you can't say I put words in your mouth. If what you say is true, it shd be difficult for me to find freehold property to rent and I did say "almost all freehold dwellers drive"

Anyhow, I'm not the only one is "mistaken". :cheers1:

mermaid
18-07-13, 12:40
I think you can't say I put words in your mouth. If what you say is true, it shd be difficult for me to find freehold property to rent and I did say "almost all freehold dwellers drive"

nope, in the 1st place, I dun feel tat it is hard to rent out a FH ppty wor :p

whether it is difficult to rent or not depends a lot on yr rental target.

if say 2 projects side by side, 1 FH & the other LH. if the owner of the fh is willing to match the price of a LH, they r basically no diff to the tenants.

likewise, if 2 sellers, projects side by side, 1 FH & the other LH. everything similar, price oso the same, of cos most if not all of the buyers will quickly snap the fh rite? :D

Autumnwinds
18-07-13, 12:48

It is true. It is not us who are mistaken by it. But it's Bro mermaid's phrasing that makes it confusing. I'm sure if Bro sabian, ecimbew and I have been mistaken by it, then there is a problem somewhere.

sabian
18-07-13, 18:03
nope, in the 1st place, I dun feel tat it is hard to rent out a FH ppty wor :p

whether it is difficult to rent or not depends a lot on yr rental target.

if say 2 projects side by side, 1 FH & the other LH. if the owner of the fh is willing to match the price of a LH, they r basically no diff to the tenants.

likewise, if 2 sellers, projects side by side, 1 FH & the other LH. everything similar, price oso the same, of cos most if not all of the buyers will quickly snap the fh rite? :D
I didn't mean you said that it is hard to rent out a FH ppty. Just that you mentioned that the tendency is more towards self stay for FH.

I was saying as a prospective tenant, I really don't care about FH or leasehold. I will look location, convenience, amenities, facilities.

And this evolved from the discussion about The Quinn.

yesnomaybe
18-07-13, 23:57
A prospective tenant can also say I prefer renting a unit in a development where I do not have to fight with 800 plus households to use the facilities.

Anyway, Quinn show gallery will be open from 20th July 11am.

felicia_sg
19-07-13, 07:57
Wow! 1 of only nice project I come across so far these 2 years because 139 units only on 7k+ sqm land! Even if $1500+ psf is still more worth it than J Gateway!
There are just too many overcrowded condos nowadays featuring >300 units per estate on relatively small land with insufficient volume of facilities!

Allthepies
19-07-13, 08:02
Buy new freehold for investnent is not a good idea if there is another new leasehold beside it. You pay upfront premium and in ROI wise you get lesser loh.

mcmlxxvi
19-07-13, 08:07
felicia... thats the diff between mass mkt and boutique projects. u pay more for the latter for better quality of living.

mermaid
19-07-13, 09:08
Wow! 1 of only nice project I come across so far these 2 years because 139 units only on 7k+ sqm land! Even if $1500+ psf is still more worth it than J Gateway!
!

even if the density is similar to J gateway, Quinn pricing will be more attractive to me ...

as bddr is still undeveloped, Im confident tat the future prospect wun be any lesser den jurong wor! :tsk-tsk:

I didn't mean you said that it is hard to rent out a FH ppty. Just that you mentioned that the tendency is more towards self stay for FH.

tats how I feel abt the rationale of a fh buyer in general ...

I was saying as a prospective tenant, I really don't care about FH or leasehold. I will look location, convenience, amenities, facilities.

isn't tis yr feel towards fh fm a tenant pov as well? how can u be sure tat yr feel is not the 1% minority leh? :p

Kanarazu
20-07-13, 08:50

Walk to Bartley MRT nearest entrance about 605m
To Woodleigh is 645m.
To Serangoon is 675m.
Should be at least 8 min walk without counting traffic lights waiting time.

yesnomaybe
21-07-13, 08:04
Walk to Bartley MRT nearest entrance about 605m
To Woodleigh is 645m.
To Serangoon is 675m.
Should be at least 8 min walk without counting traffic lights waiting time.

Source of your information ?

Kanarazu
21-07-13, 08:25
Source of your information ?

Onemap.sg, overlay the street map and land lots to get the actual walking path. But I measured from the nearest side of the site assuming they would build a side gate there. Otherwise the walking distances will be further.

proxon
21-07-13, 12:11
Onemap.sg, overlay the street map and land lots to get the actual walking path. But I measured from the nearest side of the site assuming they would build a side gate there. Otherwise the walking distances will be further.

I measured using the same method along the main road from Bartley mrt to the middle of the largest Quinn plot and got around 870 metres. It looks to me this is the shortest walking path. This concurs well with the ipad measurement of 0.9km mentioned in earlier postings. And yes, if you add in the waiting time under the sun or rain for traffic lights, it will make the total travel time longer from Quinn to Bartley mrt. Distance from Quinn to Woodleight mrt is a bit shorter at around 0.75km

Kanarazu
21-07-13, 17:35
I measured using the same method along the main road from Bartley mrt to the middle of the largest Quinn plot and got around 870 metres. It looks to me this is the shortest walking path. This concurs well with the ipad measurement of 0.9km mentioned in earlier postings. And yes, if you add in the waiting time under the sun or rain for traffic lights, it will make the total travel time longer from Quinn to Bartley mrt. Distance from Quinn to Woodleight mrt is a bit shorter at around 0.75km

Ok we measure differently. Mine is from entrance to entrance.

yesnomaybe
21-07-13, 23:30
Ok, well I measure by actually walking from the site to the Woodleigh mrt station and my conclusion is....its a walkable distance.

Btw, a couple of units were 'sold' over the weekend.

yesnomaybe
24-07-13, 00:43
http://www.thequinn-bartley-singapore.com/blog.html

Kanarazu
24-07-13, 05:20
http://www.thequinn-bartley-singapore.com/blog.html

Wow $1540-1560psf for 2/3 bedders, gambler rich people must be smiling now.

Autumnwinds
24-07-13, 10:22
The 3 deluxe ground floor 1602 psf, how much is the increase per floor?

skins
24-07-13, 10:44
The 3 deluxe ground floor 1602 psf, how much is the increase per floor?

the ground floor has larger sq feet so psf only 1602, think the higher floor same stack is around 1700++psf. think not worth it

Autumnwinds
24-07-13, 11:10
the ground floor has larger sq feet so psf only 1602, think the higher floor same stack is around 1700++psf. think not worth it

Huh the ground floor 1141 sqft. Then second floor onwards what size? :scared-4:

skins
24-07-13, 11:18
Huh the ground floor 1141 sqft. Then second floor onwards what size? :scared-4:

1066 sq feet if i recall correctly.

yesnomaybe
24-07-13, 12:02
Wow $1540-1560psf for 2/3 bedders, gambler rich people must be smiling now.

18 Woodsville was also transacted around this level last year. Both are freehold.

Autumnwinds
24-07-13, 12:20
18 Woodsville was also transacted around this level last year. Both are freehold.

The acquired price for 18 Woodsville translated to $905.9 psf per plot ratio. VS the quinn's price of S$810 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr).

18 Woodsville is approximately 200m to potong pasir Mrt vs 650m for the quinn. One district 13, the other 19.

Does bringing up 18 Woodsville as comparison to The quinn help justify it's premium price tag? I should think not.

Kanarazu
24-07-13, 22:46

18w was at $1700-1900. Cannot compare...cos only 160m to MRT entrance

yesnomaybe
25-07-13, 08:54
18 Woodsville freehold 200m away fr mrt $1700-1900 psf

Quinn freehold 600m away fr mrt $1500-1600 psf

Both located near city fringe

mermaid
25-07-13, 09:38
18w was at $1700-1900. Cannot compare...cos only 160m to MRT entrance

not a very close comparison but 18w certainly provides a gd guage as to whether Quinn is over/underpriced.
if Quinn is as near to the mrt as 18w, do u tink it will still be selling at 1500-1600psf with today higher mfg cost?

mcmlxxvi
25-07-13, 09:54
As a guideline... drop 1psf per 2metre. lol

Autumnwinds
25-07-13, 10:23
not a very close comparison but 18w certainly provides a gd guage as to whether Quinn is over/underpriced.
if Quinn is as near to the mrt as 18w, do u tink it will still be selling at 1500-1600psf with today higher mfg cost?

Indicative prices are out already. 3Bedroom compact from 1540 ,premium from 1600.

yesnomaybe
26-07-13, 09:30
The acquired price for 18 Woodsville translated to $905.9 psf per plot ratio. VS the quinn's price of S$810 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr).

18 Woodsville is approximately 200m to potong pasir Mrt vs 650m for the quinn. One district 13, the other 19.

Does bringing up 18 Woodsville as comparison to The quinn help justify it's premium price tag? I should think not.

Haha. I am not the developer so I do not need to justify anything. Let us just analyse with objectivity and without emotion.

Autumnwinds
26-07-13, 10:24
Haha. I am not the developer so I do not need to justify anything. Let us just analyse with objectivity and without emotion.

Developer requires agents to help them justify. Yes ? No?

yesnomaybe
26-07-13, 22:30
Developer requires agents to help them justify. Yes ? No?

No. Justify is a loaded word. The actual situation is this = agents prefer pricing to be reasonable so that deals are more likely to go thru.

However, pricing is determined by the developer, which is a profit maximising entity.

Autumnwinds
26-07-13, 23:31
No. Justify is a loaded word. The actual situation is this = agents prefer pricing to be reasonable so that deals are more likely to go thru.

However, pricing is determined by the developer, which is a profit maximising entity.

So put it this way. Developer servant outrageous pricing, you are the agent, I'm the buyer. I'll say it's very expensive, and you will tell me that it isn't. Justifying the price right. So far, I've only met one agent who has been truthful in his agenda. And that person is also a friend.

Otherwise....

sabian
27-07-13, 02:30
So put it this way. Developer servant outrageous pricing, you are the agent, I'm the buyer. I'll say it's very expensive, and you will tell me that it isn't. Justifying the price right. So far, I've only met one agent who has been truthful in his agenda. And that person is also a friend.

Otherwise....
More like conflict of interest since the agent will be compensated by the developer if he claims to act in your interest.

Only your friend, who's happens to be an agent, will not have an agenda.

mcmlxxvi
27-07-13, 07:40
No person selling flowers will say his stinks.

But he can always say grass is not greener. So pls buy my flower.

hyenergix
27-07-13, 07:56
Indicative prices are out already. 3Bedroom compact from 1540 ,premium from 1600.

These were the psf 1 year ago for freehold 1-bedder there. I think the developers are anticipating Bidadari announcements in a few months' time.

DC33_2008
27-07-13, 09:49
It will coincide with the launch of the Masterplan 2013.
These were the psf 1 year ago for freehold 1-bedder there. I think the developers are anticipating Bidadari announcements in a few months' time.

Khng8
28-07-13, 11:29
Any sales update on this one?

yowetan
28-07-13, 11:32
Hi... I am curious and keen to know how well this project doing? Is it a failed project like hillview peak?

DKSG
28-07-13, 11:53
Hi... I am curious and keen to know how well this project doing? Is it a failed project like hillview peak?

Since you bought your Mt Sinai already, you better pray hard all launches are successful! Even if failed, you dont have the resources to buy another one right ?

If launches start to fail now, it means you bought Mt Sinai at an all time high peak prices!

DKSG

sunboy77
28-07-13, 14:37
Heard only 6 units moved as of 5pm yesterday...

ecimbew
28-07-13, 19:37
This place is among the atas. It will need to have free transport to make it appealing. How's the swimming pool like? Expats like lots of sun at the pool. The decor might interest them. Nowadays expats like to gather with friends and rent a place. There are many on budget. But if you want evergreens, go for those near to a certain university with not much accomodation for foreign students.

ecimbew
28-07-13, 19:44
How big is the swimming pool? Length and width please.

By the way, the facilities are very French.

http://quinnatbartley.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/The-Quinn-at-Bartley-Site-Plan1.png

http://quinnatbartley.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/The-Quinn-at-Bartley-Site-Plan-Legend.png

ecimbew
28-07-13, 19:53
Block D is very near to B and C. What is the shortest distance between D and B/C?

http://www.projectnewlaunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/The-Quinn-Siteplan.jpg

Kanarazu
28-07-13, 20:35
[QUOTE=ecimbew]How big is the swimming pool? Length and width please.

Pool should be 25m each. Width could be 3.5-5m

mermaid
28-07-13, 22:44
Only your friend, who's happens to be an agent, will not have an agenda.

tis really depends. either u hv a genuine fwen, or u r too naive to believe yr "actor fwen"

sabian
29-07-13, 01:27
tis really depends. either u hv a genuine fwen, or u r too naive to believe yr "actor fwen"
That's true. Either he's your genuine friend or an agent out to earn his comm first.

yesnomaybe
29-07-13, 10:28
[QUOTE=ecimbew]How big is the swimming pool? Length and width please.

Pool should be 25m each. Width could be 3.5-5m

Master of the obvious

mermaid
09-08-13, 10:40
[QUOTE=Kanarazu]

Master of the obvious

how's the sale for the one bedder so far?

yesnomaybe
15-08-13, 09:41
About 3 or 4 one bedders sold

mermaid
15-08-13, 09:45
About 3 or 4 one bedders sold

wats the selling price for the 1 bedder ar?

iridrium
15-08-13, 10:02
IMO, this place is really a bad place to buy a house:

1. Road access via slip road into Bartley Flyover only. One direction and one ingress/egress point. Bad Fengshui
2. Fast moving traffic along Bartley Flyover and set back too close to the road. Bad Fengshui.
3. Land below road line. Bad Fengshui.
4. Odd shaped land. Bad Fengshui.
5. Too far to MRT.
6. Developer pricing it too high.

mermaid
15-08-13, 10:32
IMO, this place is really a bad place to buy a house:

1. Road access via slip road into Bartley Flyover only. One direction and one ingress/egress point. Bad Fengshui
2. Fast moving traffic along Bartley Flyover and set back too close to the road. Bad Fengshui.
3. Land below road line. Bad Fengshui.
4. Odd shaped land. Bad Fengshui.
5. Too far to MRT.
6. Developer pricing it too high.

near biddadari crematorium area is considered gd or bad fengshui?

yesnomaybe
15-08-13, 11:12
506 sq ft $847,000

Call 91087536

rymccondo77
15-08-13, 11:19
The sales not doing well as reported in Business Times yesterday.

yesnomaybe
15-08-13, 11:38
Only a sales gallery there, so a bit challenging to sell

iridrium
15-08-13, 22:55
near biddadari crematorium area is considered gd or bad fengshui?

You mean Mt Venon Crematorium? or Biddadati cementary?Depends, to Japanese - cementary is good. To Chinese - bad feng shui.

Anyway, prospective buyers need not fret. 5 storey height means that they can't even look past the small knoll across the road.

yesnomaybe
18-08-13, 08:01
Fans of 1919 at Sophia Rd should like the Quinn
Call 91087536 Raymond

mermaid
18-08-13, 09:37
You mean Mt Venon Crematorium? or Biddadati cementary?Depends, to Japanese - cementary is good. To Chinese - bad feng shui.

Anyway, prospective buyers need not fret. 5 storey height means that they can't even look past the small knoll across the road.

Im refering to mt vernon crematorium.

chinese bad feng shui? u noe in ancient times, the rich chinese like to build their ancestors tomb near their hse ....

babyt
18-08-13, 10:00
very nice design but otherwise, location is boring, 1 bedder layout is typical...

iridrium
18-08-13, 10:02
Im refering to mt vernon crematorium.

chinese bad feng shui? u noe in ancient times, the rich chinese like to build their ancestors tomb near their hse ....

Really? I always tot it is on top of the hill facing the sea?

Anyway, why not you buy and see how is it for you? :beats-me-man:

DKSG
18-08-13, 12:59
Fans of 1919 at Sophia Rd should like the Quinn
Call 91087536 Raymond

Cant believe agents ignoring the first BASIC rule of property investment ...

Location ... Location ... Location ... Location ... Location ...

This is how they tried to sell Iskandar as the next Sentosa! OMG !

DKSG

propertyguru
19-08-13, 10:26
I popped by the sales gallery at Bartley Road over the weekend. The facade of the development is indeed quite attractive, and I think the location is good. Not fantastic, and the roads in the area are a little congested during peak hours, but that's true in most parts of Singapore these days. However, for drivers, it's conveniently located near the CTE and PIE, so at least there are two options to get out of the area. Pricing is about 1400-1500 psf, which is not unreasonable, though that also depends on where you see the market going in the next couple of years. I think there is some upside to this area, with the possibility of Bididari being developed, though that will mean the area may become even more congested. What I like about the area is that it is filled mostly by private landed properties at the moment, so it's a low-lying area and not that dense yet. If these landed properties are sold and more condominiums are built, prices in the area will trend up. What I don't like about this development is the small size of the units. Three-bedders with big balconies are only about 1100 sq ft, so your common rooms will only be able to fit in a single bed and not much else.

mcmlxxvi
19-08-13, 10:34

DKSG

Ya. Right project. Wrong location.

yesnomaybe
20-08-13, 11:31

DKSG

Don't be a drama queen la !

Another goondu stating the obvious !

clemdale24
20-08-13, 11:32
Don't be a drama queen la !

Another goondu stating the obvious !

what so bad about this location. can someone please let me know? :D

mermaid
20-08-13, 12:12

it is not say very bad la, but abt 10-15 mins fm mrt ...

propertyguru
21-08-13, 14:53
it is not say very bad la, but abt 10-15 mins fm mrt ...

I made the walk and it's about eight minutes' stroll away. Though this was at night and in slippers. Presumably, it will take a tad longer if it's hot, or if the walker is in heels.

mermaid
21-08-13, 15:02
I made the walk and it's about eight minutes' stroll away. Though this was at night and in slippers. Presumably, it will take a tad longer if it's hot, or if the walker is in heels.

oni 8mins nia? STROLL somemore?

den wat's the reason for the slow sales?

it is kinda "cheap" if u compare wif J gateway ...

but sometimes hard to say. Jewel is so near mrt & the price is oso cheap but sales isn't tat fantastic too ...

skins
21-08-13, 15:36
some agent talk damn yaya. i wonder which forumer will buy any properties from this agent who speaks in such a sarcastic tone

greglhc
21-08-13, 16:27

besides it being a pretty long walk from MRT
there aren't many amenities around the area

yesnomaybe
21-08-13, 17:00
some agent talk damn yaya. i wonder which forumer will buy any properties from this agent who speaks in such a sarcastic tone

Some people really have no sense of humour,,,and it is alright for forummers to take unjustified shots at agents ?

propertyguru
21-08-13, 17:20
oni 8mins nia? STROLL somemore?

den wat's the reason for the slow sales?

it is kinda "cheap" if u compare wif J gateway ...

but sometimes hard to say. Jewel is so near mrt & the price is oso cheap but sales isn't tat fantastic too ...

The show gallery is rubbish. Only has a model of the grounds and buildings, and if I recall correctly, a mock up of the toilet. The developers didn't do enough re marketing, and the units are too small (3BR in 11XX sq ft with 200-300 sq ft used up by balconies). Frankly the location is excellent. Some traffic congestion during peak hours for sure, but it's between CTE and PIE so you have two options at all times. It's near (not next to) NEX, and contrary to what another poster said, near lots of amenities. Plenty of food options in the area as well. It's just bad marketing and bad timing in my view.

mermaid
21-08-13, 17:25
The show gallery is rubbish. Only has a model of the grounds and buildings, and if I recall correctly, a mock up of the toilet. The developers didn't do enough re marketing, and the units are too small (3BR in 11XX sq ft with 200-300 sq ft used up by balconies). Frankly the location is excellent. Some traffic congestion during peak hours for sure, but it's between CTE and PIE so you have two options at all times. It's near (not next to) NEX, and contrary to what another poster said, near lots of amenities. Plenty of food options in the area as well. It's just bad marketing and bad timing in my view.

I din visit the showroom so nothing to comment on it, but personally I dun feel tat the location is excellent la :D Excellent location is like Bartley Residence liddat, mrt at doorstep.

yesnomaybe
21-08-13, 17:46

Might get me into trouble...but i have to agree with you

yesnomaybe
21-08-13, 18:07
Anyway, all that aside...here are reasons why you should buy Quinn

1) Guaranteed 4 % rental yield pa for 2 years upon top with furniture fully furnish(limited period)
-Which new launch project you buy now can get 4% rental yield now?

2) High Potential Appreciation of the development!
With the up and coming Biddadari new town, expect high appreciation of the Quinn. Especially it is next to it!

3) Uniqueness of the development - A Taste of French Indochine concept. The distinct Mansard roof, the prominent pilasters, the reflective pools, lush Asian foliage and charming courtyards goes beyond impressive but pure elegance.. unlike other which is just a typical condo........

Star buy units:
15% Discount!!

1 BR Classic
#02-26 506sqft
$846,050/- Nett

2BR Compact
#01-16 570sqft
$904,300/- nett

2 BR Deluxe
#03-05 732sqft
$1,150,200/- nett

3 BR Compact
#01-23 893sqft
$1,376,010/- nett

3 BR Deluxe
#02-09 1066sqft
$1,825,340/- nett

3 BR Compact PH
#05-01 1173sqft
$1,538,760/- nett

Call
Raymond 91087536

bargain hunter
21-08-13, 20:13
that's very expensive if after 15% discount.

Anyway, all that aside...here are reasons why you should buy Quinn

1) Guaranteed 4 % rental yield pa for 2 years upon top with furniture fully furnish(limited period)
-Which new launch project you buy now can get 4% rental yield now?

2) High Potential Appreciation of the development!
With the up and coming Biddadari new town, expect high appreciation of the Quinn. Especially it is next to it!

3) Uniqueness of the development - A Taste of French Indochine concept. The distinct Mansard roof, the prominent pilasters, the reflective pools, lush Asian foliage and charming courtyards goes beyond impressive but pure elegance.. unlike other which is just a typical condo........

Star buy units:
15% Discount!!

1 BR Classic
#02-26 506sqft
$846,050/- Nett

2BR Compact
#01-16 570sqft
$904,300/- nett

2 BR Deluxe
#03-05 732sqft
$1,150,200/- nett

3 BR Compact
#01-23 893sqft
$1,376,010/- nett

3 BR Deluxe
#02-09 1066sqft
$1,825,340/- nett

3 BR Compact PH
#05-01 1173sqft
$1,538,760/- nett

Call
Raymond 91087536

propertyguru
21-08-13, 21:29
that's very expensive if after 15% discount.

The problem I have is not the price. It's certainly on the high side, but it's not unreasonable. If Bididari is really developed into a new town, I have no doubt that prices in this area will appreciate. What I have a problem with is the size. The MBR is acceptable, but the two common rooms (in the 3BR) are only about 8 sq m. You can fit a single bed and... nothing else. It's effectively a 1BR + 1 + 1, not a 3BR. I also visited The Maisons, which has the same problem. The balconies in The Maisons are about 18-26 sq m. If they had simply allocated a bit of that space to the common rooms, I would have bought a unit. With that said, I should add that the units have no bay windows or planters.

mermaid
21-08-13, 22:42
The problem I have is not the price. It's certainly on the high side, but it's not unreasonable. If Bididari is really developed into a new town, I have no doubt that prices in this area will appreciate. What I have a problem with is the size. The MBR is acceptable, but the two common rooms (in the 3BR) are only about 8 sq m. You can fit a single bed and... nothing else. It's effectively a 1BR + 1 + 1, not a 3BR. I also visited The Maisons, which has the same problem. The balconies in The Maisons are about 18-26 sq m. If they had simply allocated a bit of that space to the common rooms, I would have bought a unit. With that said, I should add that the units have no bay windows or planters.

so far the whole bartley area bartley ridge has the most efficent floor plan, bartley residence the most fantastic location n maison the most value psf.

el loco
09-02-14, 10:50
How's the sales status? Developer giving any further discounts?

callenaw
24-10-14, 15:53
More discounts will be better

ganza
24-11-15, 12:23
interested with this project ...
how is the status of this project?
anyone know what is the current price ?

fordsolo
09-06-16, 15:40
TOP obtained for The Quinn.

-------------------------------------------------------
Plan Reference No: A1553-00109-2012-BP01
Project Title: ERECTION OF 4 BLOCKS OF 5-STOREY RESIDENTIAL FLATS (TOTAL 139 UNITS) WITH BASEMENT CARPARK, ATTIC WITH COMMUNAL AREA AND COMMUNAL SWIMMING POOL ON LOT 4844L, 3377K, 3378N, 3954T, 6297K MK 24 AT BARTLEY ROAD
Application Type: BCA-TOP-APPLN
Current Status: APPROVED
Current Status Date / Time: 08/06/2016 16:42:06
Registration Date / Time: 18/01/2016 17:11:02
Processing Officer: JAKE ANG TAI LON
Telephone No.: 68044390
Email Address: [email protected]

amurox
20-06-16, 00:51
Is there a site for The Quinn community?
I can't seems to find...

wfrabbit
16-09-16, 14:03
Is there a site for The Quinn community?
I can't seems to find...

I also want to know

Pal8977
01-10-16, 10:06
If anyone is keen to install track guided indoor/outdoor blinds (no gaps) and retractable insect screens . Pls call 98806538 for measure and quote.

Products are all made in Australia!

Www.auszip.com.sg

www.facebook.com/auszip/