PDA

View Full Version : Guilin View vs Madeira? Which is a better buy?

Stockbroker
04-07-13, 06:48
Hello, my friend is looking to buy a place near his workplace. Which one is a better condo and why? Thank you.

Allthepies
04-07-13, 08:53
Hello, my friend is looking to buy a place near his workplace. Which one is a better condo and why? Thank you.

Madeira! Ask your friend to pay a visit to both condo and you will understand why...

i'm ex-owner...

Stockbroker
04-07-13, 12:23
Madeira! Ask your friend to pay a visit to both condo and you will understand why...

i'm ex-owner...

Why ah? Aiyo, he haven't fly over yet.

Regulators
04-07-13, 15:17
In terms of opulence, i would say guilin view. in terms of interior, i would say madeira.

Rich12345
18-07-13, 00:12
Both about equal distance from MRT (340m). THE MADEIRA is very to near food courts and shops while Gulin have nice view. But i think they are far away from expressway which if driving quite inconvenience cause have many traffic light. Please correct me if i'm wrong. I'm also looking for a west side condo.

august
18-07-13, 01:24
guilin view is too close to mrt track. in fact the above-ground track goes slightly over part of guilin view's compound.

tantan
18-07-13, 18:54
Madeira is undoubtedly the BEST in the West. value for money compared to other condos near to MRT stations. The compound is superbly designed with plenty of open spaces, gardens, wide walkways and a huge swimming pool. One remarkable feature is the small build-up area (< 20% of total land) compared to open spaces, with ample spaces to stroll, swim, etc. [P.S., many condos nowadays have large build-up area with cramp spaces, narrow walkways, pools squeezed so close to the blocks that one can accidentally fall into the pools, or even dive into the pools directly from the unit ! ]. The condo also has great amenities (household stores, wet markets, 24-hr supermarts, coffeeshops, etc) with absolute convenience in buying daily necessities, groceries, meals, etc. It is also perfectly situated away from the busier main roads and MRT tracks, thereby providing a peaceful ambience.

Inside the condo unit, every inch of space is well utilised with no bay windows. With full height windows, the living hall and bedrooms get maximum daylight and ventilation. The kitchen is bright, spacious with a big well sheltered yard. Residents in higher floor units enjoy plenty of open scenic views of lush greenery, hills and nature reserves. Designed as 3 tower blocks and located within Bt Gombak hilly area, this condo is especially windy due to wind channelling effects. Most residents here do not need to use their air-con at all.

Lastly, the condo has been newly painted last year with its original grey+white theme matching perfectly with its modern design of big glass window panels and minimal concrete walls. Its 3 tower blocks have a beautiful architectural design capped with nice arc-shape structures, that is both elegant and visually appealing like a new modern condo.

[In contrast, some condos can have very pathetic design that look not much different from public HDB blocks; some look even more like flatted factories !].

Stockbroker
18-07-13, 19:13
My friend has decided on Guilin View because cost is a concern. For same size, it is about $100000 to $150000 cheaper than Madeira. No doubt layout quite nice in Madeira but facing is not very good. And Guilin View is bigger. Now considering. So even if he rents out a room, the difference is rent will take many decades to match the price difference. And his work very stressful, so he wants to relax when he is back. Madeira is just too close to the coffeeshop. But really, main thing is price. $100000 very significant.

Rich12345
18-07-13, 22:24
seemed like both equally good. How about compare to Glendale Park at Hillview? The underground MRT is just behind (200m) and New shopping centre just in front. Some More its FH. Price about $1100 psf. Any comment?

CondoSGP
19-07-13, 09:38
My friend has decided on Guilin View because cost is a concern. For same size, it is about $100000 to $150000 cheaper than Madeira. No doubt layout quite nice in Madeira but facing is not very good. And Guilin View is bigger. Now considering. So even if he rents out a room, the difference is rent will take many decades to match the price difference. And his work very stressful, so he wants to relax when he is back. Madeira is just too close to the coffeeshop. But really, main thing is price. $100000 very significant.

Understand both are more than 10 years condo, any photo to share how is the condition of the house and the facilities.

Stockbroker
19-07-13, 16:22
seemed like both equally good. How about compare to Glendale Park at Hillview? The underground MRT is just behind (200m) and New shopping centre just in front. Some More its FH. Price about $1100 psf. Any comment?
He didn't look at that area. The MRT also not up until at least 2 years later. Amenities is very lacking. Distance is much further. If you drive often, maybe it is a good place but too many condos there. Price is about $1200 to $1300 psf, but Madeira and Guilin View is about $950.

Stockbroker
19-07-13, 16:30
Understand both are more than 10 years condo, any photo to share how is the condition of the house and the facilities. You go to property guru and see. My friend see the pictures from there. Quite decent. No need much touch up. Go and see. Free one to view. Plus 2 stations to J Gateway...Jem is pretty impressive. The one at Clementi is too exp, the one at Bukit Batok is overpriced, the Jade , so Guilin and Madeira, can get there easily. If you drive, Madeira exit may be an issue. Go see and you will understand. I am not a housing agent, so I can't advise you on the details.

Allthepies
19-07-13, 18:47
There are reasons why madeira commands better price than guilin view: newer, quieter, better maintained, lower maintenance, unmatched view,surrounded by all the amenities...

Allthepies
19-07-13, 19:04
Views from Madeira..

Stockbroker
19-07-13, 19:21
Views from Madeira..

This is for higher floors one, means will be more than $150000 more than Guilin View. Seriously, cannot compete on view, I don't have photos but you go and view both places, Guilin View at same level has better views. Again, higher floors fine but you are beside the coffeeshop. Guilin View from sidegate is sheltered all the way to the MRT. Madeira is not. But, plus point my friend and I like is Maderia got nice layout and also newer. But that $150000 difference was the stumbling block. I think we both agree hillview is a minus. Amenties lacking and MRT not up yet.

Autumnwinds
19-07-13, 20:12
You go to property guru and see. My friend see the pictures from there. Quite decent. No need much touch up. Go and see. Free one to view. Plus 2 stations to J Gateway...Jem is pretty impressive. The one at Clementi is too exp, the one at Bukit Batok is overpriced, the Jade , so Guilin and Madeira, can get there easily. If you drive, Madeira exit may be an issue. Go see and you will understand. I am not a housing agent, so I can't advise you on the details.

The exit is really terrible. The yellow box there is equivalent to non existent... :banghead:

ulrich76
20-07-13, 10:13
I sold my Madeira 3BR in 2007. Must say then that the facilities were very well maintained. It also has a children's play pool. Doorstep to coffeeshops. Only drawback was the small pool which also turns very cold at night.

Madeira was actually not sold out until about 2 years after TOP. I bought mine after a walk-in selection in 2005, when the price dropped from $450psf to $400psf. Those were the days...

Allthepies
20-07-13, 10:38
This is for higher floors one, means will be more than $150000 more than Guilin View. Seriously, cannot compete on view, I don't have photos but you go and view both places, Guilin View at same level has better views. Again, higher floors fine but you are beside the coffeeshop. Guilin View from sidegate is sheltered all the way to the MRT. Madeira is not. But, plus point my friend and I like is Maderia got nice layout and also newer. But that $150000 difference was the stumbling block. I think we both agree hillview is a minus. Amenties lacking and MRT not up yet.

I didnt get a chance to see Guilin interior unit layout. Because at tat time when we went for Guilin viewing, the moment we step into the compound, we found it run down and gave up on the project even though it is definitely more affordable.

lajia
20-07-13, 11:56
maderia was one of my choice then, quiet, spacious and present landscaping....it is still a good buy if it has not gone up too much. :o

I sold my Madeira 3BR in 2007. Must say then that the facilities were very well maintained. It also has a children's play pool. Doorstep to coffeeshops. Only drawback was the small pool which also turns very cold at night.

Madeira was actually not sold out until about 2 years after TOP. I bought mine after a walk-in selection in 2005, when the price dropped from $450psf to $400psf. Those were the days...

Stockbroker
20-07-13, 12:22
maderia was one of my choice then, quiet, spacious and present landscaping....it is still a good buy if it has not gone up too much. :o
Yup, price has gone up. I think because both about 2 stops to J Gateway, nearest and most affordable condo near there. My friend and I went to see a 3 room one, cost about 1.29 million. The Guilin View we are considering is also 3 room one, about 1.18 million. Bigger also. But if you can take the price difference, it is a good buy either one. Just don't go for the hillview one. I have nothing against anyone staying there but really, that area requires a car and its main sell is everyone one else is a condo there.

Stockbroker
24-07-13, 22:28
Anyone at Madeira at about 6pm today? Was there an accident at the entrance again? Saw a number of policeman standing outside. Maybe they really need to redesign the car park exit point. It looks pretty dangerous.

Rich12345
30-07-13, 23:52
Yup, price has gone up. I think because both about 2 stops to J Gateway, nearest and most affordable condo near there. My friend and I went to see a 3 room one, cost about 1.29 million. The Guilin View we are considering is also 3 room one, about 1.18 million. Bigger also. But if you can take the price difference, it is a good buy either one. Just don't go for the hillview one. I have nothing against anyone staying there but really, that area requires a car and its main sell is everyone one else is a condo there.

I like madeira (LH) convenience and near MRT. But I'm considering Glendale Park(FH) at Hillview because the MRT will be builded in 2 years time. Price will appreciate a lot by then. On the other hand, when J Gateway hub completed in 2 years time, Madeira price will also appreciate. Please advice. I'm looking for 4 to 5 years investment in west region and own stay.

Stockbroker
02-08-13, 19:46
I like madeira (LH) convenience and near MRT. But I'm considering Glendale Park(FH) at Hillview because the MRT will be builded in 2 years time. Price will appreciate a lot by then. On the other hand, when J Gateway hub completed in 2 years time, Madeira price will also appreciate. Please advice. I'm looking for 4 to 5 years investment in west region and own stay.

But don't you think Maderia is overpriced? Over $1000 psf for a 3 room for a 10 year condo?