PDA

View Full Version : Crashing has come - MM is the first

yowetan
30-07-13, 22:04
Read the straitstimes and channel 8 news.

HDB 2 room Flat same size or bigger than J-Gateway is only 40-70kSGD.

Good luck to MM.

indomie
30-07-13, 22:17

Good luck to MM.
Nobody is mad enough to throw away their hdb birth right for a 2 room flat even at 40k sgd. Unless you are a real under achiever.

fiat500
30-07-13, 22:17

Good luck to MM.
Wrong comparison!
Those with intention of staying in J Gateway will not be keen in a hdb 2 room flat...
HDB 2 room flat is built for people with lower wages..i m sure many of us are aware!

dare2
30-07-13, 22:31
.....oh thought you are a proud new owner of a 1.8M condo in Mt Sinai.....are you not afraid that it will end up less than 900K when the crash comes?

Arcachon
30-07-13, 22:31
I only go for the Biggest cherry I can eat.

indomie
30-07-13, 22:37
HDB is a stepping stone to get your own PC. By buying a 2 room flat, that means you are wasting an opportunity to get money for a deposit to buy a PC.

leesg123
30-07-13, 23:03

Good luck to MM.On a similar note, 4 room BTO is only 236kSGD compared to your 1.8mSGD new purchase.

august
30-07-13, 23:23

Good luck to MM.

After grants even cheaper, just 20-50k.

teddybear
31-07-13, 00:13
Same analogy: those who can afford a condo of normal size in better location will not consider staying in a J Gateway extra small MM! :p

Wrong comparison!
Those with intention of staying in J Gateway will not be keen in a hdb 2 room flat...
HDB 2 room flat is built for people with lower wages..i m sure many of us are aware!

Regulators
31-07-13, 00:15
If a person has to sell a decent sized hdb flat to live in a 474sqft one bedroom condo n cook by the doorway entrance, to me this is not upgrading, it is downgrading.

internal space is a more important consideration for sustaining a happy family than what is on the outside. I would choose a five room hdb flat in a point block near jurong east mrt than pay $800k to live in a tiny one bedder at j gateway. Again sg is full of wannabes who think buying a tiny unit puts them on equal footing with the well heeled.

HDB is a stepping stone to get your own PC. By buying a 2 room flat, that means you are wasting an opportunity to get money for a deposit to buy a PC.

dtrax
31-07-13, 00:27
MM or no MM, nothing can beat my KING'S CUBE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKf08vWTkKA

DKSG
31-07-13, 00:28
If a person has to sell a decent sized hdb flat to live in a 474sqft one bedroom condo n cook by the doorway entrance, to me this is not upgrading, it is downgrading.

internal space is a more important consideration for sustaining a happy family than what is on the outside. I would choose a five room hdb flat in a point block near jurong east mrt than pay $800k to live in a tiny one bedder at j gateway. Again sg is full of wannabes who think buying a tiny unit puts them on equal footing with the well heeled.

I really hate to support the thread title, but I think it has some truth as in the 2BR HDB does affect MMs.

I cant tell u more why it will affect - as usual - policy makers are in this forum, so cant tell more.

DKSG

Regulators
31-07-13, 00:51
MM hv been driving condo prices up for quite a while now so it is time gov start putting some sense into home buyers n not allow developers to microsize units just to charge higher psf. Hdb in comparison also has no wasted space like balconies n planters n huge aircon ledges. Many buyers are not aware that developers are allowed to count balcony space in their plan as part of bonus gfa but the balcony will not be counted in the gfa when the project is due for redevelopment. Developers also pay a discounted development charge for balcony space. Buyers of one bedders with large amounts of wasted space are in reality paying much higher psf for the internal space which they do not realise.
I really hate to support the thread title, but I think it has some truth as in the 2BR HDB does affect MMs.

I cant tell u more why it will affect - as usual - policy makers are in this forum, so cant tell more.

DKSG

Arcachon
31-07-13, 00:51
Don't understand, nowadays can get wife from so many country around Singapore and still single after 35 yrs old.

DKSG
31-07-13, 00:56
MM hv been driving condo prices up for quite a while now so it is time gov start putting some sense into home buyers n not allow developers to microsize units just to charge higher psf. Hdb in comparison also has no wasted space like balconies n planters n huge aircon ledges. Many buyers are not aware that developers are allowed to count balcony space in their plan as part of bonus gfa but the balcony will not be counted in the gfa when the project is due for redevelopment. Developers also pay a discounted development charge for balcony space. Buyers of one bedders with large amounts of wasted space are in reality paying much higher psf for the internal space which they do not realise.

I thought there are restrictions on the unit size in OCRs?

Once more 2BR HDBs are built, people can then compare. Whether to save the $800K and lead a waelthier lifestyle but stay in HDB, OR willing to slog 15 more years to pay for the MM.

To me, if I am single, earning $5-$8K, the choice is obvious.

DKSG

DKSG
31-07-13, 00:58
Don't understand, nowadays can get wife from so many country around Singapore and still single after 35 yrs old.

Then many things for you to understand lo!

Like why people single? Why people married no kids ?
Why parents both educated, kids cannot study.
Why work so long salary go up so little?

Why colleague promote faster than yourself?

WHy some people father/mother so rich?

You can watch this Answer All program call 100,000 whys?

DKSG

rymccondo77
31-07-13, 01:28
Then many things for you to understand lo!

Like why people single? Why people married no kids ?
Why parents both educated, kids cannot study.
Why work so long salary go up so little?

Why colleague promote faster than yourself?

WHy some people father/mother so rich?

You can watch this Answer All program call 100,000 whys?

DKSG

Why Why Tell Me Why (坏女孩) - Anita Mui Yim Fong (梅艷芳) :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nllfYE5jpDY

(A Remake of Sheena Easton's song "Strut".)

Regulators
31-07-13, 01:45
I know telok kurau they hv stopped building MMs below 500sqft , for OCR they can still build under 500sqft.

Once more 2BR HDBs are built, people can then compare. Whether to save the $800K and lead a waelthier lifestyle but stay in HDB, OR willing to slog 15 more years to pay for the MM.

DKSG

taggy
31-07-13, 05:09

DKSG

Ya, single with income of >5k obviously is not allowed to buy this new bto,
So they can only fall back to resale hdb or mm :D

Sandiwara
31-07-13, 05:35

Agree with the comments.
My message is simple and the same like before. Space is valuable thing in Singapore. Try to get it now if still possible. If the situation is already like japan it mean to late for most people to get decent space size.

radha08
31-07-13, 05:47
Henny Penny, also known as Chicken Licken or Chicken Little, is a folk tale with a moral in the form of a cumulative tale about a chicken who believes the world is coming to an end. The phrase "The sky is falling!" features prominently in the story, and has passed into the English language as a common idiom indicating a hysterical or mistaken belief that disaster is imminent. Versions of the story go back more than 25 centuries and it continues to be referenced in a variety of media.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/8d/Chickenlittlesoundtrack.jpg/220px-Chickenlittlesoundtrack.jpg

....and so the story continues in singapore property market:D :D :D

Eh
31-07-13, 05:56
Ya, single with income of >5k obviously is not allowed to buy this new bto,
So they can only fall back to resale hdb or mm :D

Yes. But here is a question for you, when all these 2 room flat are 5 years old, are they going to be in the resale market? :D

taggy
31-07-13, 06:40
Yes. But here is a question for you, when all these 2 room flat are 5 years old, are they going to be in the resale market? :D
ic, now then i noe what you guys talking about... :ashamed1:

but, by the time this 35 yr old single (Person A) complete his MOP at 40yr old, sell his only hdb... he still need to buy another one to stay right? he can only go back to resale hdb or mm again ... is like musical chair leh :D

Can this 40yr old apply new bto again? even if can, wait for another 3 to 5 yrs and pay levy? :cheers4:

so a new >5k guy buy from Person A resale 2rm flat... and then he himself go buy mm to stay, net effect, mm still got demand :D:D

xebay11
31-07-13, 06:57
Huh? Totally different market of buyers for MM and those buying two room HDB, it's like saying Geely prices will cause prices of Mercedes Benz to crash.

xebay11
31-07-13, 07:01

Don't understand, a reasonably sucessful single can easily bed and have a live in partner, how come get married and lose freedom and chance of divided assets with unfair women's charter?

RCT
31-07-13, 07:56

but, by the time this 35 yr old single (Person A) complete his MOP at 40yr old, sell his only hdb... he still need to buy another one to stay right? he can only go back to resale hdb or mm again ... is like musical chair leh :D

Can this 40yr old apply new bto again? even if can, wait for another 3 to 5 yrs and pay levy? :cheers4:

so a new >5k guy buy from Person A resale 2rm flat... and then he himself go buy mm to stay, net effect, mm still got demand :D:D

Sell a HDB mm to buy condo mm for what reason may I ask??

MM Lovers
31-07-13, 08:06
MM or no MM, nothing can beat my KING'S CUBE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKf08vWTkKA
Wow...this is eye opening. The agent is very pro in introducing the unit. Thanks for sharing.:scared-1:

mcmlxxvi
31-07-13, 08:18
Love to see the many divided opinions.

Thanks yowe for starting this controversial titled thread.

MMKing sure must say something right?

1. FIRST TIMER PROFIT TOOL

Finally the playing field is almost level. HDB 2rm BTO is good value for money, for first timer of average earning means, definitely recommended. There is a potential profit of 250k in 5 yrs to be made (assuming you get all grants, to be eligible salary must be as low as 1500 and below iirc). Case in point, Sengkang 2rm built 2007 resold in 2013 for 260 to 280k.

In short, treat it as a money making tool for the mid term. Like how many does with their first hdb bto.

2. STEPPING STONE

Once you have the 250k, it is easier to upgrade to EC if you find a partner or private if you have better earning power then. Assuming prices stay flattish or grow slowly next five years that is.

3. DOWNGRADING OPTION

For those older singles looking to cash out of their current place (could be hdb or old private), it is also a viable option for downgrading. After MOP, they may even cash out and with the previous proceeds and new profit, they may get a new smaller private condo to live out their final years, or if they find someone and get married, the extra cash would help a lot towards getting a new house and starting a new family.

4. FINAL DESTINATION

Of course, it can be viable as an option to retire in for the rest of your life. Asset and debt light, one can spend more freely on other stuff.

irisng
31-07-13, 08:35
I thought there were once someone mentioned, MM is not for human to stay, so why now HDB build MM unit leh?

Not every single will like to stay in a 2 br BTO or that not every single is eligible to appy for this 2 br BTO, so Pte MM might still have demand.

I have a friend (50+ yrs old) who is a single, not going to apply for this 2 br BTO, so he withdraw his mother's name from her 3 room flat (currently staying with her 2nd son), and plan to apply for a new 4 br BTO.

Some for facilities, some for status.:cool:

MM Lovers
31-07-13, 08:42
I am a MM lover, I am not afraid of HDB building 2 bedroom unit. MM will survive.

rymccondo77
31-07-13, 08:47
Basically more choices for singles :cheers4:

mcmlxxvi
31-07-13, 08:53
Wow...this is eye opening. The agent is very pro in introducing the unit. Thanks for sharing.:scared-1:

I was renting a unit not too far from it (with my cat somemore) for 6 months while waiting for my apt to be ready. It was a maids room in a very old walkup apartment.

It has private entrance and bathroom, 400 pm.

No pain no gain.

taggy
31-07-13, 08:56
actually i also dun noe.... so i guess even when mop is up, few will put these hdm mm for sales (unless found a spouse to get bigger place).

so if limited in resale qty, how is it going to affect private mm price :beats-me-man:

taggy
31-07-13, 08:59
3. DOWNGRADING OPTION

For those older singles looking to cash out of their current place (could be hdb or old private), it is also a viable option for downgrading. After MOP, they may even cash out and with the previous proceeds and new profit, they may get a new smaller private condo to live out their final years, or if they find someone and get married, the extra cash would help a lot towards getting a new house and starting a new family.

4. FINAL DESTINATION

Of course, it can be viable as an option to retire in for the rest of your life. Asset and debt light, one can spend more freely on other stuff.

if after mop, 55yr old liao, still single.... apply for hdb studio (30yr lease) and sell this hdb 2rm.... still got money left over :D
i also agree this hdb 2rm is good for low income single (now they have an option to own a flat)

phantom_opera
31-07-13, 09:03
You guys conveniently forgot about immigration.

Yes, after 2y waiting, 5y MOP, lkk 42y old liao can sell. But to sell at 300k that means market must be still good right??

If market no good, 2br HDB can only sell 200k, then MM condo of course will be below 1000psf ... those by J Gateway will kpkb or commit suicide

But who is in control, ICA lah, in the last recession in 2008, resale HDB prices only go flat hoh :tsk-tsk:

This is just "vote PAP" marketing tactics where the subsidy comes from the 138m extra money printed daily

and with 3r HDB resale price at 3xxk, this 2r resale nicely fit into 2xxk budget for Malaysia SPR couple that has no parents to fall back to

Get it boh, Singapore citizens?

MM Lovers
31-07-13, 09:08
Since private condo small unit is called MM. So now, HDB also build small unit. What should we call them?

4wheels
31-07-13, 09:09

There are many men who choose to be single. Women too!

4wheels
31-07-13, 09:12

there are many singles who will stay with parent after disposing their 2 rm!:scared-5:

mcmlxxvi
31-07-13, 09:13
You guys conveniently forgot about immigration.

Yes, after 2y waiting, 5y MOP, lkk 42y old liao can sell. But to sell at 300k that means market must be still good right??

If market no good, 2br HDB can only sell 200k, then MM condo of course will be below 1000psf ... those by J Gateway will kpkb or commit suicide

But who is in control, ICA lah, in the last recession in 2008, resale HDB prices only go flat hoh :tsk-tsk:

This is just "vote PAP" marketing tactics where the subsidy comes from the 138m extra money printed daily

and with 3r HDB resale price at 3xxk, this 2r resale nicely fit into 2xxk budget for Malaysia SPR couple that has no parents to fall back to

Get it boh, Singapore citizens?

Whoever provides for me best, i vote for who.

Whoever keeps putting obstacles in my path to freedom, you get the boot.

Life can be so simple.

mcmlxxvi
31-07-13, 09:14
there are many singles who will stay with parent after disposing their 2 rm!:scared-5:

Thats another clever option. Some dont even earn 50k pa.

phantom_opera
31-07-13, 09:15
Walk around any major HDB town, u can see the trend that existing HDB shop become half (MM size of 250-300sqft probably but with high ceiling)

anybody wants to bet the MM HDB shop price/rental will crash??

:D

mcmlxxvi
31-07-13, 09:16

DKSG

Bro officeboy, if I am 35yo, only have 100k for my first house, quite simple to decide which is the more logical option right?

mcmlxxvi
31-07-13, 09:18
Walk around any major HDB town, u can see the trend that existing HDB shop become half (MM size of 250-300sqft probably but with high ceiling)

anybody wants to bet the MM HDB shop price/rental will crash??

:D

We already have dual key shops (proper unit split into halves or more).

Loft concept shops akan datang. Haji lane conservation shophouses already provide the founding idea. And they are noted as kewl.

mermaid
31-07-13, 09:31
the current cheapest mm is at least 5 times more exp den a bto 2 room flat. but the issue is 2 rm BTO is not rentable.

if 2 rm flat is rentable, u tink mm will be so popular today?

We already have dual key shops (proper unit split into halves or more).

Loft concept shops akan datang. Haji lane conservation shophouses already provide the founding idea. And they are noted as kewl.

now 2 rm bto alrdy hv studio concept. who noes in future they will oso hv loft concept as well?

azeoprop
31-07-13, 09:35
Missed the boat for 398k parc rosewood and 412k ripple bay MM last year. :(

mermaid
31-07-13, 09:36

in the 1st place, it is harder to dispose a 2 rm flat due to the fact tat it is not rentable.

most of those buyers r genuine buyers who dun intend to sell.

There are many men who choose to be single. Women too!

I beg to differ. I feel tat more women r singles by choice. there r so many guys singles who complained abt the inability to meet sinkies women's expectation.

mermaid
31-07-13, 09:38
Since private condo small unit is called MM. So now, HDB also build small unit. What should we call them?

the official terminology has been declared previously. It shalt be known as "HDB shoebox" :D

Don't understand, a reasonably sucessful single can easily bed and have a live in partner, how come get married and lose freedom and chance of divided assets with unfair women's charter?

wat's the correlation of the ability to bed another person with his success?
why is it tat after marriage it is only the guys who lost the freedom?
chance of divided assets with unfair women's charter ~ tat only applies if the guy is loaded la :D if he is more inferior than the woman, there is no such worry.

mcmlxxvi
31-07-13, 09:40
the current cheapest mm is at least 5 times more exp den a bto 2 room flat. but the issue is 2 rm BTO is not rentable.

if 2 rm flat is rentable, u tink mm will be so popular today?

now 2 rm bto alrdy hv studio concept. who noes in future they will oso hv loft concept as well?

Ya... cap gain play nia lor. Not for long term investment yield de.

mermaid
31-07-13, 09:47
Ya... cap gain play nia lor. Not for long term investment yield de.

I would even view a 2 rm bto as an instrument for capital gain.

say Im a single who bought the 2 rm bto. if I marry another single in the future, we would surely prefer to buy a larger flat for family planning purposes. but wat's gonna happen if yr 2 rm bto at non mature estate is not sellable?

august
31-07-13, 09:54
Huh? Totally different market of buyers for MM and those buying two room HDB, it's like saying Geely prices will cause prices of Mercedes Benz to crash.

when these 2rm in ocr come on to rental market after MOP, it will compete with ocr studios and MMs.

Rosy
31-07-13, 10:25
when these 2rm in ocr come on to rental market after MOP, it will compete with ocr studios and MMs.
I thought 2rm are not allowed to sublet?

Rosy
31-07-13, 10:29
I feel more 4rm flat will be available for rental in the next few years to compete with the ocr condos. Many upgradders plan to move in to their condos and rent out their flats upon TOP.

mcmlxxvi
31-07-13, 10:50

Ya lor. How to sublet?? "Lock bomb shelter?" Lol

mcmlxxvi
31-07-13, 10:52
I would even view a 2 rm bto as an instrument for capital gain.

say Im a single who bought the 2 rm bto. if I marry another single in the future, we would surely prefer to buy a larger flat for family planning purposes. but wat's gonna happen if yr 2 rm bto at non mature estate is not sellable?

Rhethorical question i guess... nobody can say guarantee 100% on anything.

One way would be for the spouse to buy in her sole name. No need for future decoupling also... like many now trying to do backwards. But doesnt make sense since 2rm bto cannot rent out...

Therefore 2rm bto is a dead end as far as hdb game is concerned and u plan to form a family in future, next step gotta be either ec or pvt.

yowetan
31-07-13, 10:57

One way would be for the spouse to buy in her sole name. No need for future decoupling also... like many now trying to do backwards. But doesnt make sense since 2rm bto cannot rent out...

Therefore 2rm bto is a dead end as far as hdb game is concerned and u plan to form a family in future, next step gotta be either ec or pvt.

I am doing backward, and have manage to get away with TSDR and 7% ABSD nonsenses.

Got my ideal unit in Mt Sinai.

Win-win situation for me, wife and whole family.

hyenergix
31-07-13, 10:59

3-room HDB is better for singles as it allows the owner to rent out 1 room to sustain retirement while staying in another.

Eh
31-07-13, 11:00
Not allow to rent havent stop some who illegally rent out their flat. Yes agree, it means more choices for singles, and PRs who are on budget to buy such units. Looks like government is offering more choices to cater for both Singaporeans and PRs. Unless of course HDB comes up with the rule that resale 2 room cannot sell to PRs :D

mermaid
31-07-13, 11:03

typo. I mean I wun even view a 2 rm bto as an instrument for capital gain.

spouse can buy hdb alone meh? I tot decoupling only applies in pte?

mcmlxxvi
31-07-13, 11:04
spouse can buy hdb alone meh? I tot decoupling only applies in pte?

Buy under ssc before rom. But will be 'old maid' at 35yo la.... :tongue3:

DMCK
31-07-13, 11:04
after gov had cut down the foreign workers, the rental was not as good as before, and not so easy to rent out a room nowadays:tsk-tsk:

mcmlxxvi
31-07-13, 11:06
I am doing backward, and have manage to get away with TSDR and 7% ABSD nonsenses.

Got my ideal unit in Mt Sinai.

Win-win situation for me, wife and whole family.

So happy for u brudder. Can u pm me which prj bought? It will be SIC

mcmlxxvi
31-07-13, 11:07
after gov had cut down the foreign workers, the rental was not as good as before, and not so easy to rent out a room nowadays:tsk-tsk:

Agree. We are seeing mainly the middle class workers coming these days, who would rather rent a large condo unit jointly with housemates. They desire the facilities.

mermaid
31-07-13, 11:12
Buy under ssc before rom. But will be 'old maid' at 35yo la.... :tongue3:

yr stmt dun make sense.

if the couple is below 35, unable to "Buy under ssc before rom"

so I feel the best way for couples above 35 is to buy resale under individual name. married le oso dun surrender one of the flat.

hyenergix
31-07-13, 11:15
Agree. We are seeing mainly the middle class workers coming these days, who would rather rent a large condo unit jointly with housemates. They desire the facilities.

I think it is only temporary. Most will prefer privacy.

mcmlxxvi
31-07-13, 11:18
yr stmt dun make sense.

if the couple is below 35, unable to "Buy under ssc before rom"

Thats why i say old maid lor. She buy under singles scheme when over 35yo and only get married afterwards.

Probably easier for the guy to execute this. For men age like fine wine as get older....

mermaid
31-07-13, 12:13
Thats why i say old maid lor. She buy under singles scheme when over 35yo and only get married afterwards.

Probably easier for the guy to execute this. For men age like fine wine as get older....

hahaha, not all men will age like fine wine leh! :tsk-tsk: :D

august
31-07-13, 12:46

Let out whole unit. Is hdb forbidding it??

mermaid
31-07-13, 12:55

in the 1st place, only 3rm or bigger is allowed to be rented out.

august
31-07-13, 13:02
in the 1st place, only 3rm or bigger is allowed to be rented out.
Oh, didnt know that. Seems like there is little enforcement then as I am aware of a rental case, a friend actually.

mermaid
31-07-13, 13:04
Oh, didnt know that. Seems like there is little enforcement then as I am aware of a rental case, a friend actually.

u can do anything u like, juz dun get caught :D

mcmlxxvi
31-07-13, 13:05

I stand corrected. Thank you bro for asking.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10323p.nsf/w/RentOpenMktStatisticApprovals?OpenDocument

Heck, even 1RM is able to sublet!!!!!!!!

Sublet Commencement Month Town Block No. Street Name Flat Type Monthly Rent (S$)
Jun 2013 Sengkang 302B Anchorvale Link 2-Rm 1300.00
Mar 2013 Sengkang 302B Anchorvale Link 2-Rm 1500.00
Dec 2012 Sengkang 302B Anchorvale Link 2-Rm 1750.00

My calculator is screaming ice cream until dun dare to calculate the rental yield~!

mermaid
31-07-13, 13:10
I stand corrected. Thank you bro for asking.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10323p.nsf/w/RentOpenMktStatisticApprovals?OpenDocument

Heck, even 1RM is able to sublet!!!!!!!!

tis 1rm/2rm flat is sublet by HDB to those poor ppl?

yowetan
31-07-13, 13:11
To be honest, I pity J-Gateway buyers.

They are being lead into the deal by greed blindly.

mcmlxxvi
31-07-13, 13:13
tis 1rm/2rm flat is sublet by HDB to those poor ppl?

HDB is direct leasing to tenants (owners).
Owners who lease out is called SUBlet.

From the site:
Notes:

The rental should be taken as indicative only as the rental agreed between the flat owners and subtenants are dependent on many factors.
The rental is based on the declaration by the flat owner. HDB does not verify the accuracy of the data.

mermaid
31-07-13, 13:17
HDB is direct leasing to tenants (owners).
Owners who lease out is called SUBlet.

From the site:
Notes:

The rental should be taken as indicative only as the rental agreed between the flat owners and subtenants are dependent on many factors.
The rental is based on the declaration by the flat owner. HDB does not verify the accuracy of the data.

look at this, isn't it contradicting?

Eligibility Conditions: Flat Owners

1. You are allowed to sublet your bedrooms if you own a 3-room or bigger flat.
No prior approval from HDB is required for subletting of the bedrooms. However, flat owners who sublet bedrooms in their HDB flats will have to register with HDB within 7 days of doing so. They are also required to notify HDB when they renew or terminate the subletting of bedrooms, and when there are changes to their subtenants' particulars.
Flat owners must comply with HDB’s subletting rules and regulations.

2. Owners of 1 and 2-room flats are not allowed to sublet their bedrooms.

mcmlxxvi
31-07-13, 13:19
look at this, isn't it contradicting?

Eligibility Conditions: Flat Owners

1. You are allowed to sublet your bedrooms if you own a 3-room or bigger flat.
No prior approval from HDB is required for subletting of the bedrooms. However, flat owners who sublet bedrooms in their HDB flats will have to register with HDB within 7 days of doing so. They are also required to notify HDB when they renew or terminate the subletting of bedrooms, and when there are changes to their subtenants' particulars.
Flat owners must comply with HDB’s subletting rules and regulations.

2. Owners of 1 and 2-room flats are not allowed to sublet their bedrooms.

Not at all. Those 1 / 2 rm flat owner allowed to sublet not bedrooms, but WHOLE FLAT. LOL

Sis, if they didn't state that people would be subletting their bomb shelters, bay windows, db box etc...

mermaid
31-07-13, 13:23
Not at all. Those 1 / 2 rm flat owner allowed to sublet not bedrooms, but WHOLE FLAT. LOL

Sis, if they didn't state that people would be subletting their bomb shelters, bay windows, db box etc...

r u very sure 2 rm flat owner can sublet the whole flat after the MOP issit?

btw, y did u call me sis? I sounded very gu niang meh? :simmering:

mcmlxxvi
31-07-13, 13:27
r u very sure 2 rm flat owner can sublet the whole flat after the MOP issit?

btw, y did u call me sis? I sounded very gu niang meh? :simmering:

Ur nick is mermaid and not merman what!!

Of coz I'm not very sure la.. if so sure why need to go dig out website and research etc.... those may be 'special' cases. Then again, it's over 100s of them for 2rm... so many 'special' households hur...

august
31-07-13, 13:29
So looks like after MOP can rent out whole unit. The yield will be sweet.

mcmlxxvi
31-07-13, 13:35

As we are discussing this I think its probably like already 20x oversub liao.... LOL

mermaid
31-07-13, 13:36
Ur nick is mermaid and not merman what!!

Of coz I'm not very sure la.. if so sure why need to go dig out website and research etc.... those may be 'special' cases. Then again, it's over 100s of them for 2rm... so many 'special' households hur...

at 1st I tot the purpose of giving singles only a 2 rm flat is to prevent singles from criticising them for being discriminative; married couples can sublet but not singles.

P/S : I look forward marrying a mermaid cannot meh? :p

assume u can rent out a 2 rm flat,

if a single is "poor" he shd buy 2 rm bto.
if a single is "rich", he is still better off buying 1 bedder condo cos in the 8 yrs locked in period, he can flip 2 condos liao.

august
31-07-13, 13:48
As we are discussing this I think its probably like already 20x oversub liao.... LOL

I am single. Now i am contemplating whether to take my name out of my private properties to subscribe for one. Probably not feasible, but worth a thought, hahah.

The other concern is the sub-prime location. But who knows in future there may be CCR ones.

4wheels
31-07-13, 15:31
I am single. Now i am contemplating whether to take my name out of my private properties to subscribe for one. Probably not feasible, but worth a thought, hahah.

The other concern is the sub-prime location. But who knows in future there may be CCR ones.

too late this round. try next bto release!

mcmlxxvi
31-07-13, 15:56

This sub prime is not evil like the 2008 subprime....

Btw, 16x oversub, I was quite close at my guess.

http://business.asiaone.com/news/16-applications-singles-every-two-room-flat-offer

mcmlxxvi
31-07-13, 15:58
at 1st I tot the purpose of giving singles only a 2 rm flat is to prevent singles from criticising them for being discriminative; married couples can sublet but not singles.

P/S : I look forward marrying a mermaid cannot meh? :p

assume u can rent out a 2 rm flat,

if a single is "poor" he shd buy 2 rm bto.
if a single is "rich", he is still better off buying 1 bedder condo cos in the 8 yrs locked in period, he can flip 2 condos liao.

No need 8 yrs. Plenty of 2rm leftovers some even built ready for occupation from earlier bto exercises.

mermaid
31-07-13, 16:05
No need 8 yrs. Plenty of 2rm leftovers some even built ready for occupation from earlier bto exercises.

if can get the SOBF which is top-ing soon den is not bad wor!
btw, I juz checked with hdb, u r rite, whole 2 rm flat can be sublet, oni cannot sublet the room.

star
31-07-13, 16:09
btw, I juz checked with hdb, u r rite, whole 2 rm flat can be sublet, oni cannot sublet the room.
Rent out 2 rm flat for $1800 after MOP and stay with parents. Huat ahhhh.

mermaid
31-07-13, 16:22
Rent out 2 rm flat for $1800 after MOP and stay with parents. Huat ahhhh.

1.8k so high meh?! :scared-1:

tat day one forrumer was saying her new 1 bedder condo mkt rate oni 2.2k nia :(

mcmlxxvi
31-07-13, 17:35

Thank u for the confirmation.

mcmlxxvi
31-07-13, 17:37
1.8k so high meh?! :scared-1:

tat day one forrumer was saying her new 1 bedder condo mkt rate oni 2.2k nia :(

Hdb has always been the highest yielding property class from day 1.

If not the policy makers did a turn about rgd pvt owner cant buy just when i was abt to hit 35yo, i would have been owning a hdb 3rm. I was already shortlisting the areas and blocks.

mermaid
31-07-13, 17:48
Hdb has always been the highest yielding property class from day 1.

If not the policy makers did a turn about rgd pvt owner cant buy just when i was abt to hit 35yo, i would have been owning a hdb 3rm. I was already shortlisting the areas and blocks.

since when did they impose tis rule? I nvr came across in recent yrs. but y didn't u buy hdb 1st den buy pte? or u hv alrdy hv pte b4 35yo huh?

actually it is not fair. since hdb owners can buy pte as 2nd ppty after MOP, pte owners shd be allowed to do so oso mah :(

minority
31-07-13, 19:12
since when did they impose tis rule? I nvr came across in recent yrs. but y didn't u buy hdb 1st den buy pte? or u hv alrdy hv pte b4 35yo huh?

actually it is not fair. since hdb owners can buy pte as 2nd ppty after MOP, pte owners shd be allowed to do so oso mah :(

when u can afford pte. HDB is not for u. coz u are consider as rich. let you buy then all the HDB people cannot buy pte will red eye.

mermaid
01-08-13, 09:17
when u can afford pte. HDB is not for u. coz u are consider as rich. let you buy then all the HDB people cannot buy pte will red eye.

but do note tat many hdb owners can afford condo too! :D so does the current policy really ensure tat HDB supply is sufficient & affordable?