PDA

View Full Version : Thomson Three @ Bright Hill

jeffrey.teng
16-04-13, 15:42
Watch out this space for new project located at Bright Hill Drive (http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10297p.nsf/ImageView/CORPORATE_PR_07082012_Bishan%20S8/$file/location+plan_Bishan+S8.pdf) by UOL.

GLS in Nov 2013. (http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10296p.nsf/PressReleases/07727930CA7997BD48257A5600209ABF?OpenDocument)

Within close promixity of Thomson Plaza & Mrt Station along Thomson Line (http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicTransport/files/tsl-station-maps.pdf).

Wild Falcon
16-04-13, 17:31
I hear Brighthill I think of the crematorium. Imagine every day also got people burning dead bodies there.

Kanarazu
16-04-13, 19:20
I hear Brighthill I think of the crematorium. Imagine every day also got people burning dead bodies there.

I thought all relocated to mandai already?

ecimbew
17-04-13, 15:45
It's near Ai Tong School, new Thomson line MRT station and Thomson Shopping Centre. Squeezed between HDB flats and the ill-timed (en-bloc) Thomson View Condo. The walk up-slope will prove challenging. This is a rather interesting irregularly shaped plot of land.

RCR
20-04-13, 21:41
Midview Residences?

jeffrey.teng
20-05-13, 15:48
Updates

Likely to launch in Aug 2013

Watch out this space for new project located at Bright Hill Drive (http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10297p.nsf/ImageView/CORPORATE_PR_07082012_Bishan%20S8/$file/location+plan_Bishan+S8.pdf) by UOL.

GLS in Nov 2013. (http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10296p.nsf/PressReleases/07727930CA7997BD48257A5600209ABF?OpenDocument)

Within close promixity of Thomson Plaza & Mrt Station along Thomson Line (http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicTransport/files/tsl-station-maps.pdf).

chiaberry
20-05-13, 20:41
Updates

Likely to launch in Aug 2013

Ghost month?

It will be interesting to see how this is marketed. Blocked by HDB on one side and Thomson View on the other side.

chiaberry
01-06-13, 08:34
There appears to be a show flat under construction on the empty land @ Venus Drive. The hoarding has text with UOL logo and "445 prestigious condomonium and strata". How come Govt allow them to build their show flat away from the site? I don't think the land there belongs to UOL. :confused:

01-06-13, 11:31
There appears to be a show flat under construction on the empty land @ Venus Drive. The hoarding has text with UOL logo and "445 prestigious condomonium and strata". How come Govt allow them to build their show flat away from the site? I don't think the land there belongs to UOL. :confused:
Think they probably rent the land from government, think possible especially if got vacant land.

sunboy77
01-06-13, 14:47
Aiyo this is so common.

bargain hunter
01-06-13, 21:42
rented from govt.

there's a site along ganges avenue which has housed several showflats and sold numerous small river valley projects.

kane
02-06-13, 01:02

it's been done before, minton's showroom was also off the actual site.

For the buyer, the onus is on them to go physically to the site and see for themselves how it's laid out. Agents chuan ah, have to wear suit and go into the hot sun. heh.

Property-NewLaunch
11-06-13, 12:15
http://www.property-newlaunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Bright-Hill-Drive-Condo-Location-Map.jpg

New Condo @ Bright Hill Drive

New Condo is an attractive residential development located along Bright Hill Drive, Central Region of Singapore. The developer of this development is The UVD Pte Ltd, a joint venture of the UOL team and Singapore Land. The development consists of condominium units and strata landed housings. The development is surely a great one with luxury and it may be a great asset for you and your family.

The condominium is said to be located at the heart of the city. It is just approximately 300 m away from the upcoming Upper Thomson MRT Station. Now the nearest train station is the Marymount Circle Line Station, which is around 1.2 km away. The area is well accessed with the CTE, PIE, SLE and future NSE expressways by renowned roads like Braddell Road and Lornie Road. Nearby bus stops are opposite Thomson Plaza and before Thomson Plaza.

All types of necessary amenities are within short reach. For the case of educational facility, you can rely on nearby quality schools. Some of the mentionable and reputed schools are: Ai Tong School, CHIJ St Nicholas Girls’ School, Kuo Chuan Presbyterian, Catholic High School, Raffles Institution and Raffles Junior College. So, you do not have to go further to ensure quality education.

In terms of shopping, getting daily necessities and dining, the development is having a number of options around it. Nearby supermarkets are: NTUC Fairprice and Sheng Siong. Thomson Plaza and shopping mall at Junction 8 are the renowned nearby shopping centers. For delicious and different types of food and beverage, you will have Thomson Longhouse, Shunfu Food Centre, Kebun Baru Market & Food Centre and Sembawang Hill Food Centre.

The area is surrounded by lots of natural reserves and parks of fresh air. Famous ones are: Ang Mo Kio Bishan Park, Lower Pierce Reservoir and MacRitchie Reservoir. You can pass your time with near and dear ones there. With these parks, there are some nearby clubs and recreation centers for refreshment of the residents of the condominium. The prominent names are: Asian Golf Academy with golf course, Singapore Island Country Club and MRT Sports & Recreation Club.

Within the development, you will discover spacious layout. The site area is 13,437.1 sq m. The 20-storey condominium is served with around 445 units. You will receive the property in brand new condition and fully equipped. Enjoy the great quality fittings and appliances. Necessary facilities are there like car parking, lawn, guard house, pool, gymnasium, pavilion etc. The development is having high rental prospect because it is situated at a lucrative position.

As new condominiums in Singapore are usually snapped up like hot cakes! You should act quickly. For further information, do not hesitate to visit Bright Hill Drive Condo (http://www.property-newlaunch.com/bright-hill-drive-condo/) or call 61001778. For similar kind of projects you may visit Property-NewLaunch
(http://www.property-newlaunch.com/)

Property-NewLaunch
31-07-13, 14:08
http://www.property-newlaunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Thomson-Three-Location-Map.jpg

Thomson Three @ Bright Hill

Thomson Three is an attractive residential development situated at Bright Hill Drive, in the Central Region of Singapore. UVD Pte Ltd, a joint venture of the UOL team as well as Singapore Land, is the developer of this unique Development. Thomson Three provides condominium units plus strata landed houses. This project is definitely a great development with luxury and it a great asset for everyone. Thomson Three has a site area of about 13,400 square meters and will consist of 445 units altogether. This 20-storey building will overlook the beautiful Singapore Island Country Club as well as the reservoir view. Rest assured that quality finishes as well as branded appliances and sanitary fittings will be used in this unique development.

Residents at Thomson Three can find every necessary amenity nearby this development. Many popular eateries, dining, entertainment, learning centre and supermarkets are all within a short walk away. Supermarkets such as NTUC Fairprice and Seng Siong are just a short distance away from Thomson Three. Shopping Mall like Thomson Plaza is just across the street. Moreover, there are many eateries around the vicinity too, namely: Long House Thomson, Shunfu Food Centre, Kebun Baru Market, Food Court at Thomson Plaza, the Famous Roti Prata House and many more. Families with young school children can also give a try at many reputable schools within close proximity, namely: Ai Tong School, Catholic High School, CHIJ St Nicholas Girls’ School, Kuo Chuan Presbyterian, Raffles Institution as well as Raffles Junior College.

Thomson Three is only about 300 meters away from the future Upper Thomson MRT Station. The current nearest MRT station is Marymount MRT Station (Circle Line), which is approximately 1.2 kilometers away. This area is well connected with major expressways like the Central Expressway CTE, the Pan Island Expressway PIE, Seletar Expressway SLE and not forgetting the future North South Expressway NSE. Furthermore, major roads like Braddell Road as well as Lornie Road can also lead to other areas of the island.

What’s more, this area is surrounded by many natural reserves as well as parks if you want to get away from the bustling city life. The Ang Mo Kio and Bishan Park, MacRitchie Reservoir, Lower Pierce Reservoir and the Singapore Island Country Club. What a pleasure way to spend having some quiet moments and take a stroll with your loved ones.

We are currently seeking indication of interested buyers. Don’t hesitate to dial 61001778 or click on Thomson Three (http://www.property-newlaunch.com/thomson-three/) for more details. For other property updates, please visit Property-NewLaunch (http://www.property-newlaunch.com/)

lufu
09-08-13, 19:46
drove past on national day 9-Aug. The show flat looks ready. This should be launching soon

azeoprop
12-08-13, 19:07
Those who bought Thomson Grand must be laughing to the bank with their swarovski crystals now haa haa. :rolleyes:

kane
12-08-13, 20:08
swarovski crystal is probably just the clubhouse chandelier. those townhouse owners probably happy like bird.

ZeeWee
14-08-13, 09:56
Floorplans are available

Anyone keen to take a look can just drop me a mail and I forward to you :D

ecimbew
14-08-13, 10:16
Three 11 is nicer.

yowetan
14-08-13, 10:19
Floorplans are available

Anyone keen to take a look can just drop me a mail and I forward to you :D

Hi...I am keen.

Could you send to my email? Thanks.

Wild Falcon
14-08-13, 12:01
This Sin Ming and Brighthill location is CMI. Who wants to live near funeral parlours and worse still crematorium along the same road? Every day you will see the funeral cars and chanting and people wailing along the same road. Cannot imagine. And the burning of those incense at row of parlours and the smoke coming out from the crematorium (and at least 50% of dead bodies burned here). Cannot imagine anyone would want to settle anywhere near here, unless really bo bian.

tahoo
14-08-13, 16:12
This Sin Ming and Brighthill location is CMI. Who wants to live near funeral parlours and worse still crematorium along the same road? Every day you will see the funeral cars and chanting and people wailing along the same road. Cannot imagine. And the burning of those incense at row of parlours and the smoke coming out from the crematorium (and at least 50% of dead bodies burned here). Cannot imagine anyone would want to settle anywhere near here, unless really bo bian.

:D:D:D
I think the main draw is the upcoming Thomson MRT Line, and Thomas Plaza.
I am looking forward to its launch. Heard that the design (floor plan) is not very good. So now I can only help for a reasonable price. (Hopefully below $1300 psf)

rymccondo77
15-08-13, 19:36
I am looking forward to its launch. Heard that the design (floor plan) is not very good. So now I can only help for a reasonable price. (Hopefully below $1300 psf)

(i) If one is more bothered /worried about the funeral parlours / crematorium - then don't buy.

(ii) If one is more attracted to the upcoming Thomson MRT Line, and Thomas Plaza - then consider buying.

Komo
15-08-13, 21:20
this is a fantastic place. looking forward to $1500-1700 psf:D

hanafi_d2000
16-08-13, 00:07
yeah, those cemetery site are usually worthless...just look at that ngee ann cemetery at orchard road --what's is worth these days?!:scared-4:

kane
16-08-13, 00:11
you can add bishan to that list of ex-cemetary grounds.

chiaberry
16-08-13, 00:19

The 3 BR Premium and 4 BR design not too bad. The smaller units a bit squeezy (balconies relatively large for those thus the living/dining areas seem cramped). Archipelago had better floor plans (same developer) as the area for the equivalent unit types was larger. None face North-West where the golf course and reservoirs are. Maybe they would be blocked by Thomson View.

The connectivity of this area will be superb when the Thomson Line and Cross Regional Line are up. Sin Ming will be an interchange station for the 2 lines. You can even get to Jurong in half and hour or less via Beauty World direction cutting across the catchment areas.

Ai Tong School within 1 km. But v. difficult to get in. It helps if you are Hokkien and join the Huay Kuan. In the past, being in the Huay Kuan and within 1km gave a very good chance (almost 100%) but this has probably changed since I sent my kid there (kid now in JC so it's a long time ago).

kane
16-08-13, 00:23
what are the sizes for the different bedders like?

chiaberry
16-08-13, 00:52
1 bedder 495 sq ft
2 bedder 710, 732
3 bedder 1044, 1055
3 bedder premium 1141
4 bedder 1485
Strata semi-D 3283

ZeeWee has the draft floor plans.

The 3 bedder premium and 4 bedder have utility rooms with maid toilets.

Rooms seem quite small. But that seems to be the trend these days. Minimalist. I still prefer the spaciousness of old condos personally.

I *think* should be priced less than $1600 as the FH Three 11 was around that price. The physical location is not that great as its sandwiched between the HDB flats and Thomson View. The fate of Thomson View is still up in the air as there are some objections by owners to the en bloc sale.

kane
16-08-13, 08:19
thanks! that's a fairly decent size for a 4 bedder by today's standards.

3 bedder wise so so. have to see the floor plans to see how optimise the space is.

chiaberry
16-08-13, 09:31
If you are interested in the 4 bedder, then better get in earlier as there only seem to be one block of 4 bedders in the draft plans.

Another nice thing about the 4 bedder is there is a balcony outside the designated "dining" area which is at the opposite side from the "living" area.

I am surprised they did not have Dual Key apartments so far in the draft plans as those seem to be the "in" thing.

I think the show flat should be opening quite soon. I make a U-turn there every day. Hope the cars don't clog up my U-turning road. :doh:

lufu
18-08-13, 08:14
Those who bought Thomson Grand must be laughing to the bank with their swarovski crystals now haa haa. :rolleyes:

Why would Thomson Grand buyers be laughing to the bank? This one might be slightly nearer to Thomson Shopping Centre although potentially has it view blocked by Thomson View

Did notice this UOL plot is odd shape and only 13,437.1 sq m
but has over 400 clustered house / condo
http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10296p.nsf/PressReleases/07727930CA7997BD48257A5600209ABF?OpenDocument

While Thomson Grand site is larger at 20,847.7 m2 with 300 odd units.
http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2009/pr09-77.html

Kanarazu
18-08-13, 09:02
Why would Thomson Grand buyers be laughing to the bank? This one might be slightly nearer to Thomson Shopping Centre although potentially has it view blocked by Thomson View

Did notice this UOL plot is odd shape and only 13,437.1 sq m
but has over 400 clustered house / condo
http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10296p.nsf/PressReleases/07727930CA7997BD48257A5600209ABF?OpenDocument

While Thomson Grand site is larger at 20,847.7 m2 with 300 odd units.
http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2009/pr09-77.html

Thomson grand will see more development in future. The sin Ming MRT will be interchange for TSL and CRL so expect some amenities to spring up there.

jeffrey.teng
22-08-13, 12:44
Friends,

floorplans for Thomson Three is ready for viewing. These are still draft versions, we are waiting for more updates.

Pls view the floorplans at http://www.thomsonthree-condo.com

Launching in September 2013

See you soon!

Stockbroker
24-08-13, 14:13
Is this near 光明山? Bright hill right? Now is Chinese 7th Month, hard to sell if launch now?

jeffrey.teng
26-08-13, 16:13
Is this near 光明山? Bright hill right? Now is Chinese 7th Month, hard to sell if launch now?

Preview of Thomson Three (http://www.thomsonthree-condo.com) Sales Gallery will be after Chinese 7th Month in September. We will be seeing the Thomson Three (http://www.thomsonthree-condo.com) Sales this week.

BTW UOL's project will not disappoint consumers / purchasers.

Await for more updates.

azeoprop
30-08-13, 18:07
Full floor plans here for your download. :p

http://thomson-threecondo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Thomson-Three-eFloorplans.pdf

kane
30-08-13, 18:29
looks interesting the 4 bedder design, lots of balconies + ac ledge though. and an extra RC ledge. nett live in space probably looking at 1300.

azeoprop
30-08-13, 19:51
All the 1 bedders face the walls of HDB and mscp. :(

There is a hdb substation between stacks 5 and 8, wonder if it will be removed?
:confused:

vovolversace
05-09-13, 13:46
in this project,the kitchen of all units are so tiny. :scared-5:

rymccondo77
05-09-13, 14:10
in this project,the kitchen of all units are so tiny. :scared-5:

Nowadays, think big kitchens can mostly be found only in HDB flats.

vovolversace
05-09-13, 16:36
Nowadays, think big kitchens can mostly be found only in HDB flats.

compared to other new condo projects,this new project has smaller kitchen.

henryhk
05-09-13, 16:52
Hi...I am keen.

Could you send to my email? Thanks.

Why everything u keen, u got money meh after buying Sinai condo? did u actually buy Sinai condo? It is a sin to fool people...

yowetan
05-09-13, 16:56
Why everything u keen, u got money meh after buying Sinai condo? did u actually buy Sinai condo? It is a sin to fool people...

Hi...I am always keen to learn new things and informations.

Yes. I really bought a Mt Sinai two bedder.

rymccondo77
05-09-13, 21:48
Hi...I am always keen to learn new things and informations.

Yes. I really bought a Mt Sinai two bedder.

It would be nice if you can show us some photos of Mt Sinai (inside the development - e.g. the pool, the facilities, etc.) :)

Maxim1
05-09-13, 22:16
Just saw this project on tv. developer spokesman said roughly $1500 psf

bakasa2002
05-09-13, 22:46
Chime in on this proj, how did uol get ard building strata units ah? Tot ura restrictions was in place when archipelago, Eco and kovan regency were the last few proj with them?

kane
05-09-13, 22:48
if the launch response is too good, it might herald the next round of cooling measure. The only draw is mrt and thomson plaza. thomson view's plot is much better but that en bloc deal looks to have fallen through.

chiaberry
06-09-13, 00:29
Where are the buyers coming from? Many of us on the forum have our arms and legs tied up by the CMs. :doh:

I heard the finishings are supposed to be good. All marbles even the 1 bedders. And feature wall in the bathroom made from some special granite material that reflects light. Am not a fan of marble but many people are.

Maxim1
06-09-13, 00:38
Where are the buyers coming from? Many of us on the forum have our arms and legs tied up by the CMs. :doh:

anecdotally, first timers supported by cash from the bank of mum and dad!

chiaberry
06-09-13, 00:45
anecdotally, first timers supported by cash from the bank of mum and dad!

So... the dowry for Singaporean brides and grooms will be a condo these days? Each spouse come to the altar with a condo each from their respective parents? LOL

kane
06-09-13, 10:11
the parents can have the option of renting it out if the kids don't want it.

propertyguru
06-09-13, 14:41
The location is decent, being relatively near town and having plenty of amenities in the vicinity. When the Thomson Line is ready, transport will also be more convenient. However, while it's in the middle of three major expressways, it's not exactly near all of them, requiring a few minutes drive to reach the CTE for example. Going to town will require travel through mostly small roads and which may be quite slow.

However, if the reported prices ($1,2XX psf) are true, then I think it's quite well-priced.

Was wondering what people think about this versus Thomson Grand, which is selling on the secondary market for $1,500 psf thereabouts. Both are leasehold, Thomson Grand is on a bigger piece of land and less dense but further north, and will be ready earlier.

vovolversace
06-09-13, 17:10
will this project more upmarket than THOMSON GRAND?I wonder?

kane
06-09-13, 18:12
judging fromvthe amount if effort and money spent on the showroom. maybe not...

chiaberry
06-09-13, 23:03
The location is decent, being relatively near town and having plenty of amenities in the vicinity. When the Thomson Line is ready, transport will also be more convenient. However, while it's in the middle of three major expressways, it's not exactly near all of them, requiring a few minutes drive to reach the CTE for example. Going to town will require travel through mostly small roads and which may be quite slow.

However, if the reported prices ($1,2XX psf) are true, then I think it's quite well-priced.

Was wondering what people think about this versus Thomson Grand, which is selling on the secondary market for $1,500 psf thereabouts. Both are leasehold, Thomson Grand is on a bigger piece of land and less dense but further north, and will be ready earlier.

In the future, it will be a shorter drive to the North-South Expressway (entry point just before Shunfu. Around 15 mins to the City.

http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltaweb/en/roads-and-motoring/projects/north-south-expressway-nse.html

Jer2911
07-09-13, 14:18
Just been to the show flat. Kitchens and bedrooms are really very small. this place all about location. I preferred Bartley ridge n sennett residences in terms of layout/design.

lufu
07-09-13, 16:30

Thomson Grand to the new NSE entrance is only 4 minutes drive.

https://maps.google.com.sg/maps?saddr=Sin+Ming+Walk&daddr=Marymount+Rd&hl=en&ll=1.356942,103.842688&spn=0.011455,0.018668&sll=1.356938,103.83482&sspn=0.02291,0.037336&geocode=FVbVFAAd4FUwBg%3BFUywFAAdXn8wBg&oq=mary&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=15&t=m&z=16

Thomson Three should be about there too. Location is not too bad. When the new NSE is constructed, it will relieve some of the traffic from Lornie Road too.

iridrium
07-09-13, 17:38
Just came back from the showflat. Only the two room type at the showflat, 2 bedder and 3 bedder premium. Of all the unit sizes, the most practical will be the 3 bedroom premium. Marble flooring for living room, Electrolux for kitchen , Hansgrohe fittings for toilets.

But the crowd is ridiculous!! It is so crowded at the showflat! If this translate to actual buying, then I think this is scary, cooling measure have no impact at all.

http://imageshack.us/photo/photo/17/l80x.jpg/

propertyguru
07-09-13, 19:55
Just came back from the showflat. Only the two room type at the showflat, 2 bedder and 3 bedder premium. Of all the unit sizes, the most practical will be the 3 bedroom premium. Marble flooring for living room, Electrolux for kitchen , Hansgrohe fittings for toilets.

But the crowd is ridiculous!! It is so crowded at the showflat! If this translate to actual buying, then I think this is scary, cooling measure have no impact at all.

I went down to the showflat too and was quite taken aback by the crowd. I suspect it will be sold out very shortly. Apart from the fact that it's not freehold and there isn't a MRT station at its doorstep, I think the location is decent with lots of amenities nearby. At $1,2xx psf it's quite attractively priced though most of the smaller units actually start at $1,3xx psf or $1,4xx psf in which case I wonder if other developments like Sennett might not be better.

felicia_sg
07-09-13, 20:56
I will never buy Electrolux!

Pynchmail
07-09-13, 21:20
Chime in on this proj, how did uol get ard building strata units ah? Tot ura restrictions was in place when archipelago, Eco and kovan regency were the last few proj with them?

I think developers can continue to build strata units except that the units cannot be sold the foreigners. Not sure if this is correct.

Wild Falcon
07-09-13, 22:17
光明山 so popular? Looks like HDB upgraders are still out in full force. 99LH along a road always blocked by hearse and mourners and near funeral parlours and the columbarium also so popular......

azeoprop
07-09-13, 22:19
will this project more upmarket than THOMSON GRAND?I wonder?

No swarovski crystals and chandeliers in the bathrooms, so not as grand as Thomson Grand....:rolleyes:

kane
07-09-13, 22:28
Wah, the crowds look hungry. The neighborhood hasn't seen a new launch since Thomson Grand, plus the added benefit of having an mrt at its doorstep.

yesnomaybe
07-09-13, 22:48
Wow, the Glades looked like a ghost town in comparison !

What is so attractive about this locale ? Must pay a visit soon

chiaberry
08-09-13, 01:49
Wah, the crowds look hungry. The neighborhood hasn't seen a new launch since Thomson Grand, plus the added benefit of having an mrt at its doorstep.

Are you sure there are a lot of buyers? The hungry crowds look like mostly agents. Lots of cars parked illegally along Venus Drive. The traffic police were having a profitable time issuing parking tickets.

I think only the 3 bed premium is a worthwhile layout. The others CMI.

chiaberry
08-09-13, 01:51
No swarovski crystals and chandeliers in the bathrooms, so not as grand as Thomson Grand....:rolleyes:

The Grand has a very high maintenance fee. Higher than the average. To pay for the upkeep of the crystals and chandeliers.

Beebot
08-09-13, 02:18
So... the dowry for Singaporean brides and grooms will be a condo these days? Each spouse come to the altar with a condo each from their respective parents? LOL

I know of a couple who are childless. They own 2 condos. The wife's twin, married with one child, also owns two condos. This child, who is already an adult, will inherit 4 condos in future.

tahoo
08-09-13, 08:37
Source: CNA

Private home sales affected by recent loan restrictions

SINGAPORE: Several new properties have been launched or opened for preview this weekend but some property developers said sales have been affected by recent loan restrictions.

Skywoods condominium at Dairy Farm Road is one of the new properties that has been launched this weekend. It is going at an average of S$1,250 per square foot.

Out of 420 units, 150 units are on offer at this phase.

At its pre-launch on Friday, its developer TA Corporation said 35 units were taken up, a rate it said is slower than before.

The developer said it is feeling the impact of tighter loan restrictions that have been introduced, in particular the Total Debt Servicing Ratio which was announced in June, where only 60 per cent of one's income can be used to service a loan.

Forty-eight-year-old Daniel Ong is thinking of upgrading from his current five-room HDB flat to a private property.

Previously, Mr Ong would have been able to get a loan of up to 80 per cent of the property's value but not now due to the new restrictions.

Some compromises, he said, will have to be made.

"Maybe a smaller unit now or even the location," said Mr Ong.

Some property investors are looking at downsizing their options.

"Previously we were looking for at least a three-room size (unit) but now, most likely we will be talking about a two-room (unit) or maybe even a studio (unit) for investment purposes,” said potential home buyer Raymond Cheong.

"We are more concerned about the price and the locality and stuff now. We can't go to the city-fringe… it's more of mass-market now," he added.

Located at the city fringe, Thomson Three saw a crowded showroom on its first preview day.

However, its developer said it is taking some time to monitor sentiments before actually putting up units for sale.

It has also adjusted its prices to woo buyers amid the tighter loan restrictions.

The project is now expected to go at an average of S$1,350 to S$1,400 per square foot, down from the initial projection of S$1,500 per square foot.

Kam Tin Seah, senior general manager of investment & strategic development at UOL Group said: "We want to give them enough time to absorb in the project, to understand and to see whether this is the project they like to invest in. (Secondly), to speak to the bankers and hopefully within a reasonable time frame, (they can) come back and make a decision."

The executive condominium (EC) market seems to be unfazed.

Over at Sea Horizon at Pasir Ris, about 60 per cent of its 495 units have been sold on the first day of sales.

Tan Zhiyong, managing director of MCC Land (Singapore), said: "We are a bit concerned because of some of the loan restriction measures but we don't think it'll impact ECs that much."

"Most of the buyers are first-timers or upgraders. It's been a while since these measures were announced so they have spoken to the bank to find out whether they can get a loan. About 90 per cent of those who came in today got the units that they wanted," added Mr Tan.

EC buyer Wong Chee Chong said: "We have to be very prudent about that. That's why we have to do some homework, source around, what's the loan quantum before you decide to buy."

Nicholas Mak, executive director of research & consultancy at SLP International Property Consultancy, explained the strong demand for ECs.

"There's not going to be a lot of new supply in the next 12 months. And furthermore, the TDSR framework is directing some mass market condominium buyers towards the EC market because they are able to get more loans if they are buying an EC compared to buying a mass market private condo," said Mr Mak.

With the end of the Hungry Ghost Month, some analysts expect the number of private home sales to be higher in August, and possibly even double last month's figure.

According to latest data from the Urban Redevelopment Authority, there were 481 new private homes sold in July.

It was the lowest sales volume recorded since December 2009m

amk
08-09-13, 09:36
UOL dun know what price to sell, and want to see the demand and adjust ( up) on the spot ?? :rolleyes: sounds very familiar

Whatever happened to the rule of "releasing all prices before sale" ?

Thomson area ppl are well off. Not surprised to see many ppl viewing. But I will be really surprised many ppl will buy, with all these tax and loan restrictions.

Thomson grand tries to sell as atas project, this one seems to me just another run of the mill standard condo. Thomson grand one unit has 2 private lifts serving , has video intercom not just audio like this one, so definitely looks more "atas" if you are peculiar abt this kind of thing.

teddybear
08-09-13, 11:23
If >90% of units all at 500 sqft and below, sell at $1400 psf, or <$700,000 per unit, still easily affordable! :scared-1:
May be can even sell at $1700 psf just like JGateway! :cool:

Source: CNA

Private home sales affected by recent loan restrictions

SINGAPORE: Several new properties have been launched or opened for preview this weekend but some property developers said sales have been affected by recent loan restrictions.

Skywoods condominium at Dairy Farm Road is one of the new properties that has been launched this weekend. It is going at an average of S$1,250 per square foot.

Out of 420 units, 150 units are on offer at this phase.

At its pre-launch on Friday, its developer TA Corporation said 35 units were taken up, a rate it said is slower than before.

The developer said it is feeling the impact of tighter loan restrictions that have been introduced, in particular the Total Debt Servicing Ratio which was announced in June, where only 60 per cent of one's income can be used to service a loan.

Forty-eight-year-old Daniel Ong is thinking of upgrading from his current five-room HDB flat to a private property.

Previously, Mr Ong would have been able to get a loan of up to 80 per cent of the property's value but not now due to the new restrictions.

Some compromises, he said, will have to be made.

"Maybe a smaller unit now or even the location," said Mr Ong.

Some property investors are looking at downsizing their options.

"Previously we were looking for at least a three-room size (unit) but now, most likely we will be talking about a two-room (unit) or maybe even a studio (unit) for investment purposes,” said potential home buyer Raymond Cheong.

"We are more concerned about the price and the locality and stuff now. We can't go to the city-fringe… it's more of mass-market now," he added.

Located at the city fringe, Thomson Three saw a crowded showroom on its first preview day.

However, its developer said it is taking some time to monitor sentiments before actually putting up units for sale.

It has also adjusted its prices to woo buyers amid the tighter loan restrictions.

The project is now expected to go at an average of S$1,350 to S$1,400 per square foot, down from the initial projection of S$1,500 per square foot.

Kam Tin Seah, senior general manager of investment & strategic development at UOL Group said: "We want to give them enough time to absorb in the project, to understand and to see whether this is the project they like to invest in. (Secondly), to speak to the bankers and hopefully within a reasonable time frame, (they can) come back and make a decision."

The executive condominium (EC) market seems to be unfazed.

Over at Sea Horizon at Pasir Ris, about 60 per cent of its 495 units have been sold on the first day of sales.

Tan Zhiyong, managing director of MCC Land (Singapore), said: "We are a bit concerned because of some of the loan restriction measures but we don't think it'll impact ECs that much."

"Most of the buyers are first-timers or upgraders. It's been a while since these measures were announced so they have spoken to the bank to find out whether they can get a loan. About 90 per cent of those who came in today got the units that they wanted," added Mr Tan.

EC buyer Wong Chee Chong said: "We have to be very prudent about that. That's why we have to do some homework, source around, what's the loan quantum before you decide to buy."

Nicholas Mak, executive director of research & consultancy at SLP International Property Consultancy, explained the strong demand for ECs.

"There's not going to be a lot of new supply in the next 12 months. And furthermore, the TDSR framework is directing some mass market condominium buyers towards the EC market because they are able to get more loans if they are buying an EC compared to buying a mass market private condo," said Mr Mak.

With the end of the Hungry Ghost Month, some analysts expect the number of private home sales to be higher in August, and possibly even double last month's figure.

According to latest data from the Urban Redevelopment Authority, there were 481 new private homes sold in July.

It was the lowest sales volume recorded since December 2009m

ZeeWee
08-09-13, 11:30
Price Guide for your reference for those yet to visit the showflat or talk to any Huttons Agents

1bedroom - $672k to $812k
2bedroom - $945k to $1.12mil
3bedroom compact - $1.28mil to $1.55mil
3bedroom premium - $1.43mil to $1.66mil
4bedroom - $1.85mil to $2.2mil
strata semi-d - $3.22mil to $3.6mil

Wild Falcon
08-09-13, 15:25
Sometimes I really dun understand why people esp upgraders pay such price for 99LH condo in such location like Sin Ming. This place is 17km if drive to MBFC financial district. It is quite far from town and second city centre in Jurong. The nearby enbloc only 700psfppr of which a large part of that goes to govt for lease topup as the 99 lease runs down. It is along a road 光明山 or bright hill well known for columbarium and sin Ming funeral parlours. And on a daily basis, hearse slows down the traffic along these roads with mourners behind. And the older 99lh like Bishan Park languishing in price at 900psf. Unless one has to get kids into rather mediocre primary school like Ai Tong, there are better options. And even within 1km does not guarantee a place in Ai Tong. And no matter how many cheena chandaliers u put, it still doesn't change it is 99LH in a not very central location in D20. And nowadays even PRC go for understated elegance and not loud decor like the Thomson Grand type.

kane
08-09-13, 15:34
serangoon and upper thomson has a big private enclave where the owners have deep pockets. potentially they could be buying a place for their children to live nearby them when they settle down.

Wild Falcon
08-09-13, 15:45
No. Main buyers now are upgraders. Nearby ang mo kio and sin Ming HDB. Parents who buy freehold homes dun usually encourage their children to buy leasehold for stay, unless for short term investment. That is why 99lh in exclusive private enclaves with a lot of freehold dun do well. But this area condos are mostly 99LH like Bishan Park condo etc and not exactly a private exclave with many hdb flats nearby so maybe dun hv this problem. Even the developer says he is targeting upgraders.
serangoon and upper thomson has a big private enclave where the owners have deep pockets. potentially they could be buying a place for their children to live nearby them when they settle down.

kane
08-09-13, 16:02
i thought the windsor, soo chow, bright hill landed private estate, whereas the clover resident will look towards sky habitat. nowadays, not so easy to find FH near current parents place near mrt etc. the deep deep pockets one will just buy their landed neighbours house.

if they target upgraders, they have to target those who regard district 19 and 20 as their grpwing up playground.

propertyguru
08-09-13, 16:05
Sometimes I really dun understand why people esp upgraders pay such price for 99LH condo in such location like Sin Ming. This place is 17km if drive to MBFC financial district. It is quite far from town and second city centre in Jurong. The nearby enbloc only 700psfppr of which a large part of that goes to govt for lease topup as the 99 lease runs down. It is along a road 光明山 or bright hill well known for columbarium and sin Ming funeral parlours. And on a daily basis, hearse slows down the traffic along these roads with mourners behind. And the older 99lh like Bishan Park languishing in price at 900psf. Unless one has to get kids into rather mediocre primary school like Ai Tong, there are better options. And even within 1km does not guarantee a place in Ai Tong. And no matter how many cheena chandaliers u put, it still doesn't change it is 99LH in a not very central location in D20. And nowadays even PRC go for understated elegance and not loud decor like the Thomson Grand type.

I am interested in the development so maybe I am biased. But I think the location is good. In terms of proximity to the financial district, I agree it's not great since it's a 30 minute drive into Raffles Place. However, it's 15 minutes into Orchard. I would ideally have liked a place in River Valley but that's beyond my budget. However, if children are on the way, then to be on the fringe of HDB estates like AMK or Bishan is good because there are lots of schools in those areas. River Valley has at best one or two primary schools nearby. You will have to go to like Mt Faber / Telok Blangah area for more options. Most areas in Singapore these days have pros and cons. Ultimately, what works for one may not work for another. Was looking at East Coast for a period and attracted by the mostly freehold land but the traffic there is worse than Upper Thomson because of the smaller roads. 112 Katong is especially a nightmare.

I think $1,3xx psf is reasonable, and unless there are major economic shocks, land in Singapore will only get more expensive. I think the days when River Valley properties went for $1,2xx in 2009 are long gone.

The only thing holding me back from buying Thomson Three at the moment is the fact that the land is leasehold but well, if it was freehold it would probably be even more expensive.

Wild Falcon
08-09-13, 16:15
Correction. Bishan park condo only 800+psf. Why would need to go Orchard so much? Just saying before u buy at 1400psf, look at nearby enbloc price and nearby ageing 99lh price and see your downside vs your upside.the only saving grace is the area is a leasehold area with not many freehold, so I guess chance of enbloc in future not that bad. Other than that, I dun see why anyone would want to stay at Brighthill. And if u notice nowadays URA caveats has clearly indicated 99LH from which year, even our govt realise its important to tell buyers in their face your condo is ageing and lease term is running low.

propertyguru
08-09-13, 17:12
Correction. Bishan park condo only 800+psf. Why would need to go Orchard so much? Just saying before u buy at 1400psf, look at nearby enbloc price and nearby ageing 99lh price and see your downside vs your upside.the only saving grace is the area is a leasehold area with not many freehold, so I guess chance of enbloc in future not that bad. Other than that, I dun see why anyone would want to stay at Brighthill. And if u notice nowadays URA caveats has clearly indicated 99LH from which year, even our govt realise its important to tell buyers in their face your condo is ageing and lease term is running low.

I agree with you. I would NOT pay $1,4xx psf for Thomson Three. But I will pay $1,2xx psf. At that price, I think there is a lot of upside in the five to ten years horizon, especially with the upcoming Thomson Line and NS Highway. But yes, at $1,4xx psf I would certainly give this a miss; there are better buys out there for sure, especially on the resale market.

yesnomaybe
08-09-13, 18:02
The Upper Thomson mrt station will be right in front of this condo, which explains the crowded show room

phantom_opera
08-09-13, 19:17
this kind of balcony can allow helicopter or to take off :p
or long dining table for 3-gen family :ashamed1:

http://www.thomsonthree-brighthill.com.sg/Images/Hive/brighthillcondo/image/T3%20floorplan(1).jpg

yesnomaybe
08-09-13, 20:11
Wah, can put outdoor putting green in the balcony

teddybear
08-09-13, 20:56
Can renovate into a private swimming pool! :p

http://www.thomsonthree-brighthill.com.sg/Images/Hive/brighthillcondo/image/T3%20floorplan(1).jpg

Komo
08-09-13, 22:47
Really hard to believe that this 3 bedder layout showing all rooms with queen size beds but with super huge balcony and aircon ledge is only 97 sqm :scared-4:

teddybear
08-09-13, 22:53
Only MBR is queen-size, the other 2 rooms beds look narrower, put 2 pillows doesn't mean it is queen-size right?! :o

Really hard to believe that this 3 bedder layout showing all rooms with queen size beds but with super huge balcony and aircon ledge is only 97 sqm :scared-4:

Wild Falcon
08-09-13, 23:03
Ultimate small 3 bedders. I think the Sin Ming HDB flats next door probably more spacious and luxurious.

chiaberry
09-09-13, 00:42

Personally I think that long corridor could be useful for putting shoes. At least it offers some privacy as people cannot look straight into your living/dining area. The kitchen is separate from the living/dining which makes a change from the open plan kitchen that seems to be in most of the condos these days. The long balcony would be useful for hanging out the laundry as there is no yard in the kitchen.

They are very clever in devising the sizes of the units as 4 room hdb flats in Sin Ming are 105 or 110 sq m. But the hdb flats do not have the large balcony and air con ledge.

propertyguru
09-09-13, 07:57
Ultimate small 3 bedders. I think the Sin Ming HDB flats next door probably more spacious and luxurious.

URA needs to change the rules. The developers have to disclose the breakdown of the space before buyers pay. Right now, all we have to go on are the showflats which may not be anything like the eventual unit. And I was told that I would only get a detailed breakdown after I buy a unit. Which is absolute nonsense. Based on the showflat, the rooms in this development are acceptable. Enough space to put a wardrobe, a single bed and have a small table.

kane
09-09-13, 08:21
the master bedroom wardrobe in this floor plan looks suspiciously small unless theybdo away the space for the TV.

propertyguru
09-09-13, 09:49
the master bedroom wardrobe in this floor plan looks suspiciously small unless theybdo away the space for the TV.

I don't like the layout at all. Wardrobe on both sides of the television. Nonsense.

kane
09-09-13, 09:59
I don't like the layout at all. Wardrobe on both sides of the television. Nonsense.

you could do a sliding door feature wall to flush the wardrobe and conceal the TV. but therein lies the wardrobe space challenge.

chiaberry
09-09-13, 10:12
To be honest, there isn't much scope for the wardrobe space. The rooms are simply too small. I agree that the TV can be omitted. Check the ceiling heights. May need to consider platform beds.

The forum member was right. The Sin Ming HDB 4 room flats can fit double beds into all of the rooms. The kitchen is big enough for a small yard to hang laundry and put washing machine and dryer plus a small breakfast table. And somemore have store room. These are the older generation of 4A.

propertyguru
09-09-13, 10:16
To be honest, there isn't much scope for the wardrobe space. The rooms are simply too small. I agree that the TV can be omitted. Check the ceiling heights. May need to consider platform beds.

The forum member was right. The Sin Ming HDB 4 room flats can fit double beds into all of the rooms. The kitchen is big enough for a small yard to hang laundry and put washing machine and dryer plus a small breakfast table. And somemore have store room. These are the older generation of 4A.

The ceiling height is 2.8. Not as low as HDB, but not considered generous for a private condo.

The master bedrooms built in the past five years are all like that though. Enough space to wall-mount a television (not always enough space to place a console) and enough space to have a wardrobe which is barely enough for a couple's clothes. If your wife is even a bit more fashion conscious, you will have to use the wardrobe in the other rooms.

chiaberry
09-09-13, 10:19
The ceiling height is 2.8. Not as low as HDB, but not considered generous for a private condo.

The master bedrooms built in the past five years are all like that though. Enough space to wall-mount a television (not always enough space to place a console) and enough space to have a wardrobe which is barely enough for a couple's clothes. If your wife is even a bit more fashion conscious, you will have to use the wardrobe in the other rooms.

It is a good excuse for her to change clothes more frequently. Throw out the old ones. The entrance long corridor is enough for her to put her hundreds pairs of shoes. Can have a feature shoe cupboard there.

Did you look at the show flat for Three Eleven just nearby? The floor area of the 3 bedders is similar but I am told that the space usage is good. I personally haven't gone to either showflat but my relative bought a 3 bedder in Three Eleven.

propertyguru
09-09-13, 10:34
It is a good excuse for her to change clothes more frequently. Throw out the old ones. The entrance long corridor is enough for her to put her hundreds pairs of shoes. Can have a feature shoe cupboard there.

Did you look at the show flat for Three Eleven just nearby? The floor area of the 3 bedders is similar but I am told that the space usage is good. I personally haven't gone to either showflat but my relative bought a 3 bedder in Three Eleven.

Nope, I didn't check out Three Eleven but now that you mention it I might haha. But I did have a look at the floor plans; my view is that 3-BR in less than 1000 sq ft means that no matter how good the space utilisation is, the living space will still be tight. I would not ordinarily consider 3-BR in under 1200 sq ft, and where there are balconies I would look for places even bigger than 1200 sq ft. The 4-BR (3-BR in reality) HDB flat I live in now is like 1000 sq ft with no balconies or AC ledges and I already find the space tight. I can't imagine how it's like when more of the space goes to the AC ledges, balconies, utility room, etc.

I checked out The Glades a couple of weeks ago and it was even worse. 3-BR in 9xx sq ft if I recall correctly.

DC33_2008
09-09-13, 10:39
It is only going to get smaller with rising land bid and construction costs for competitive pricing.
Nope, I didn't check out Three Eleven but now that you mention it I might haha. But I did have a look at the floor plans; my view is that 3-BR in less than 1000 sq ft means that no matter how good the space utilisation is, the living space will still be tight. I would not ordinarily consider 3-BR in under 1200 sq ft, and where there are balconies I would look for places even bigger than 1200 sq ft. The 4-BR (3-BR in reality) HDB flat I live in now is like 1000 sq ft with no balconies or AC ledges and I already find the space tight. I can't imagine how it's like when more of the space goes to the AC ledges, balconies, utility room, etc.

I checked out The Glades a couple of weeks ago and it was even worse. 3-BR in 9xx sq ft if I recall correctly.

kane
09-09-13, 10:45
new hdb flats are slowly becoming smaller in sizes.

smellyfish
09-09-13, 10:45
this is a completely useless balcony. a balcony should always be deep to be of any use. must at least be able to play mahjong out there

propertyguru
09-09-13, 11:59
Any agents can enlighten us on the preview response to T3?

rymccondo77
09-09-13, 12:48
this is a completely useless balcony. a balcony should always be deep to be of any use. must at least be able to play mahjong out there

Agree - Narrow balconies are not useful - might as well not have them!

DC33_2008
09-09-13, 12:49
Guess what? Owner is paying for it and can gain some greenmark points.
Agree - Narrow balconies are not useful - might as well not have them!

rymccondo77
09-09-13, 13:11
Guess what? Owner is paying for it and can gain some greenmark points.

Mmm .... Pay for something that is not useful.

hopeful
09-09-13, 13:12
UOL dun know what price to sell, and want to see the demand and adjust ( up) on the spot ?? :rolleyes: sounds very familiar

Whatever happened to the rule of "releasing all prices before sale" ?

guideline is to release prices 2 days before public launch.
if vvvip, vvip, vip preview, no need to release prices 2 days before.
language is very important.

kane
09-09-13, 14:15
they can say they doing preview, sales hasn't officially begun. when sales start, all prices willbe ready. they also quite clever.

propertyguru
09-09-13, 14:46
they can say they doing preview, sales hasn't officially begun. when sales start, all prices willbe ready. they also quite clever.

It's a stupid stupid stupid system. Basically they gauge response and then price accordingly. It's like a free focus group. No wonder prices keep going up since developers will be able to set the highest prices they think the market can stomach. I have no issue with rising prices per se, but it should be on the back of strong fundamentals and not because of developers' abilities to exploit the market this way. All the potential buyers should get together and not put in a single check so that the developer has no way of assessing the situation though of course it's a prisoner's dilemma and one of the buyers will blink first eventually.

Wild Falcon
09-09-13, 16:16
Unfortunately, buyers are not rational and are likely to blink first. Frankly, this project has not much selling point.

(1) Shitty address - imagine tell people you stay at Guangmingshan. First thing comes to mind is dead people and cremation of bodies,

(2) Got future MRT but must wait until 2022 and sure delay. Might as well invest in places with MRT that is already running or downtown line in 2015/2016.

(3) Beside funeral hub - may affect one's mental and psychological wellbeing with constant cries and mourning nearby. Hearses ply the roads with mourners walking behind in the area from the numerous Sin Ming funeral parlours to the Brighthill columbarium, causing jams and you can't even hurry them becos that would be disrespectful. Also jam during Qingming as people honour the dead. Not forgetting the air pollution from the burning of incense and bodies and the ching chiang from the funeral bands. And it happens daily because people die daily and this is the main columbarium and higher concentration of funeral parlours.

(4) No idea why this place drawn into RCR because its far from financial district and far from second CBD.

(5) If really price at $1300-$1400psf, downside higher than upside.

It's a stupid stupid stupid system. Basically they gauge response and then price accordingly. It's like a free focus group. No wonder prices keep going up since developers will be able to set the highest prices they think the market can stomach. I have no issue with rising prices per se, but it should be on the back of strong fundamentals and not because of developers' abilities to exploit the market this way. All the potential buyers should get together and not put in a single check so that the developer has no way of assessing the situation though of course it's a prisoner's dilemma and one of the buyers will blink first eventually.

propertyguru
09-09-13, 17:31
Unfortunately, buyers are not rational and are likely to blink first. Frankly, this project has not much selling point.

(1) Shitty address - imagine tell people you stay at Guangmingshan. First thing comes to mind is dead people and cremation of bodies,

(2) Got future MRT but must wait until 2022 and sure delay. Might as well invest in places with MRT that is already running or downtown line in 2015/2016.

(3) Beside funeral hub - may affect one's mental and psychological wellbeing with constant cries and mourning nearby. Hearses ply the roads with mourners walking behind in the area from the numerous Sin Ming funeral parlours to the Brighthill columbarium, causing jams and you can't even hurry them becos that would be disrespectful. Also jam during Qingming as people honour the dead. Not forgetting the air pollution from the burning of incense and bodies and the ching chiang from the funeral bands. And it happens daily because people die daily and this is the main columbarium and higher concentration of funeral parlours.

(4) No idea why this place drawn into RCR because its far from financial district and far from second CBD.

(5) If really price at $1300-$1400psf, downside higher than upside.

Thought of the points you have mentioned. Proximity to financial district is relative, since not everyone works there and secondly, proximity to other places is important too. Not everyone's lives revolve around the CBD haha, especially when you have children.

Agree that $1,300 psf is on the higher side, but as with all new launches, there is a bit of a gamble that by the time this development TOPs in 2017, these prices would appear like a bargain (look at Thomson Grand for example). I also agree that the MRT is too far away to be factored in, but then similarly, if the MRT was already ready, this development wouldn't be selling at $1,300 psf.

Not so concerned about the address; personally am a fan of wuxia novels and Guang Ming Shan is a nice name to me haha. I am however curious about your point regarding funeral processions. Is that really such a common occurrence? I eat at the area fairly often but have never seen any such processions.

kane
09-09-13, 20:55

people offer free focus group, and even prevent blank cheque, what to do. i never leave a cheque. the market isn't that overwhelming hot to warrant such a strategy.

lufu
09-09-13, 21:05

I thought Guangmingshan is on the Sin Ming Road side nearer to Vicom, STA etc.

In land scare Singapore, whether it cremate people or bury people, most don't really care. The new cemetery at Potong Pasir is going to be the next most sought after HDB. Location is still more important

Food there is good. Long House and the various prata there. Thomson Plaza is more atas than the heartland Junction 8 :D:D:D

kane
09-09-13, 21:18
I thought Guangmingshan is on the Sin Ming Road side nearer to Vicom, STA etc.

In land scare Singapore, whether it cremate people or bury people, most don't really care. The new cemetery at Potong Pasir is going to be the next most sought after HDB. Location is still more important

Food there is good. Long House and the various prata there. Thomson Plaza is more atas than the heartland Junction 8 :D:D:D

thomson plaza content so so. good for enrichment classes and ntuc finest, the rest so so only. unless they do an enbloc of thomson plaza.

vovolversace
09-09-13, 21:27
thomson plaza content so so. good for enrichment classes and ntuc finest, the rest so so only. unless they do an enbloc of thomson plaza.

thomson plaza quite a unknown shopping centre in Singapore.

tahoo
09-09-13, 22:06
Went to the "preview" on the first day (i.e. Sat). It was really crowded. The main purpose was to entice us to fill up a form to show our interest and preferably gave them a blank cheque to show our "sincerity".
All the agents are in high spirit due to the good up-turn.
Some agents are saying that they have already collected over 300 blank cheques (wonder how true)... that was DAY ONE !!! Or just a marketing hype-up!

Personally, I think that the lay out is soso. Small, living space is small and huge balcony. Good thing is that there is no bath tub. Marble flooring, fully functional kitchen (with fridge and washer provided)
Facilities: Good for family.
Price wise: at the high side (above $1250 psf), for a 99 year old property.
Location: Near to future MRT (still a long time to wait), and prepare for all the constructions. Also possible en-bloc @ Thomson View... that means more constructions + possible affecting your future view.

kane
09-09-13, 22:20
thomson plaza quite a unknown shopping centre in Singapore.

the older folks probably remember Thomson Yaohan. It's just a neighbourhood mall now.

bakasa2002
09-09-13, 23:31
Will this proj save sky habitat? :)

hanafi_d2000
09-09-13, 23:39
is the location next to the Flametree park condo? i.e. the plot of land in front of the Tudor type of private houses

Or is it opposite the road to Flametree park condo? -that would be nearer the venus drive walk

Map is not very clear.

hoppie
10-09-13, 00:14
Thought of the points you have mentioned. Proximity to financial district is relative, since not everyone works there and secondly, proximity to other places is important too. Not everyone's lives revolve around the CBD haha, especially when you have children.

Agree that $1,300 psf is on the higher side, but as with all new launches, there is a bit of a gamble that by the time this development TOPs in 2017, these prices would appear like a bargain (look at Thomson Grand for example). I also agree that the MRT is too far away to be factored in, but then similarly, if the MRT was already ready, this development wouldn't be selling at $1,300 psf.

Not so concerned about the address; personally am a fan of wuxia novels and Guang Ming Shan is a nice name to me haha. I am however curious about your point regarding funeral processions. Is that really such a common occurrence? I eat at the area fairly often but have never seen any such processions.

not true leh, there are new development beside MRT commanding 1.2k psf leh. at least i just bought 1 last month

propertyguru
10-09-13, 01:08
not true leh, there are new development beside MRT commanding 1.2k psf leh. at least i just bought 1 last month

Surely it depends on which MRT and whether it's new or resale haha. I am sure I can find some that are selling for less than $1,200 psf too.

kane
10-09-13, 08:38
is the location next to the Flametree park condo? i.e. the plot of land in front of the Tudor type of private houses

Or is it opposite the road to Flametree park condo? -that would be nearer the venus drive walk

Map is not very clear.

if you're standing at thomson plaza looking at thomson view condo, it is the land plot behind thomson view.

chiaberry
10-09-13, 10:51

I have lived in this area for almost 20 years now. I have never been stuck in a funeral procession nor have I seen mourners blocking up Sin Ming Avenue. They are probably on Sin Ming Road (where the car workshops/VICOM etc are) rather than Sin Ming Avenue.

Sin Ming Avenue does get congested during Qing Ming. When that happens, I take alternative routes (Upp Thomson/Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1) to get where I need to. The congestion is only at weekends during that period.

If you have young kids, this is a good location. Ai Tong Sch is within 1km of Thomson Three (though please note it is not easy to get in, even with the proximity). There are also good Secondary schools and JCs in this area and even if your kids should go to Hwa Chong/Nanyang/NJC, they are easy to get to from here. Good music schools (Yamaha and some good smaller music schs around), enrichment classes, etc. and a good ballet school in Thomson Plaza.

propertyguru
10-09-13, 11:56
I have lived in this area for almost 20 years now. I have never been stuck in a funeral procession nor have I seen mourners blocking up Sin Ming Avenue. They are probably on Sin Ming Road (where the car workshops/VICOM etc are) rather than Sin Ming Avenue.

Sin Ming Avenue does get congested during Qing Ming. When that happens, I take alternative routes (Upp Thomson/Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1) to get where I need to. The congestion is only at weekends during that period.

If you have young kids, this is a good location. Ai Tong Sch is within 1km of Thomson Three (though please note it is not easy to get in, even with the proximity). There are also good Secondary schools and JCs in this area and even if your kids should go to Hwa Chong/Nanyang/NJC, they are easy to get to from here. Good music schools (Yamaha and some good smaller music schs around), enrichment classes, etc. and a good ballet school in Thomson Plaza.

Thanks, appreciate the information. Just what I thought. I find that people like to make bare assertions. That there will be endless funeral processions etc when they don't actually know the place.

chiaberry
10-09-13, 12:38

Map is not very clear.

Neither of those.

It is a narrow plot of land sandwiched between the HDB flats and Thomson View. As the forum member has said, if you are standing in Thomson Plaza looking directly at Thomson View, the plot is behind Thomson View. You cannot see it from the main roads. If you go to the actual site and look at it, you will not be impressed because it is directly facing the MSCP of the HDB flats. Which is why they decided to build the show flat in the nice area with trees opp Flametree Park condo.

propertyguru
10-09-13, 14:59
Neither of those.

It is a narrow plot of land sandwiched between the HDB flats and Thomson View. As the forum member has said, if you are standing in Thomson Plaza looking directly at Thomson View, the plot is behind Thomson View. You cannot see it from the main roads. If you go to the actual site and look at it, you will not be impressed because it is directly facing the MSCP of the HDB flats. Which is why they decided to build the show flat in the nice area with trees opp Flametree Park condo.

Went to check out 311 Thomson's show flat but unfortunately they have torn it down.

jeffrey.teng
10-09-13, 15:39
Another round of Thomson Three (http://www.thomsonthree-condo.com/) preview from this Friday to Sunday (13 to 15 Sept 2013)

Location of Thomson Three (http://www.thomsonthree-condo.com/) Sales Gallery is @ Venus Drive towards SICC.

Opening Hours from 10.00 am to 06.00 pm

News on Thomson Three (http://www.thomsonthree-condo.com/)

Developers trim prices as new reality bites (http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/premium/top-stories/developers-trim-prices-new-reality-bites-20130906)

"Without TDSR, we could easily have priced this project at $1,500 psf on average, or even higher. We now expect to price it at a more realistic level, at $1,350-1,400 psf," said Liam Wee Sin, president (property) at UOL.

No more Enbloc for Thomson View - Court quashes Thomson View sale (http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/premium/top-stories/court-quashes-thomson-view-sale-20130904)

Contact me for more info @ 97454959

hanafi_d2000
11-09-13, 21:39
Neither of those.

Ah, if that's the spot, then it is a good site as it will be mostly unblocked and on higher elevation. I can see why the showflat is at the corner of junction -it's quite a trek to go up the slope to actual site.

Wild Falcon
13-09-13, 16:16
There is lah. This is the MAIN columbarium for goodness sake. and the key route is from those Sin Ming parlours to the Brighthill columbarium. This is not wild assertion. As for jams during Qing Ming, this is also true. Of course you can try to avoid the jams by taking detours and alternative routes like what another contributor says but is that efficient? Or when you are already stuck behind, how are you going to detour?

If you want to only hear the good stuff like there is no funeral parlours nearby and this is not along Guangmingshan despite the address, so be it. But please do not put down people who highlight the potential downsides to you.

Frankly if one's only dream is to get your kids into Ai Tong (that's sad because that school is at best second rate), then I think the HDB flats opposite better choice and more spacious. At least they are the ones blowing their car fumes into this condo through their car parks. And staying in a condo with HDB flats nearby has both upsides and downsides. Upside is you can behave more atas than your neighbours. Downside is that there are higher chance of trespassers and strange people coming in to use your facilities.

Thanks, appreciate the information. Just what I thought. I find that people like to make bare assertions. That there will be endless funeral processions etc when they don't actually know the place.

propertyguru
13-09-13, 16:37
There is lah. This is the MAIN columbarium for goodness sake. and the key route is from those Sin Ming parlours to the Brighthill columbarium. This is not wild assertion. As for jams during Qing Ming, this is also true. Of course you can try to avoid the jams by taking detours and alternative routes like what another contributor says but is that efficient? Or when you are already stuck behind, how are you going to detour?

If you want to only hear the good stuff like there is no funeral parlours nearby and this is not along Guangmingshan despite the address, so be it. But please do not put down people who highlight the potential downsides to you.

Frankly if one's only dream is to get your kids into Ai Tong (that's sad because that school is at best second rate), then I think the HDB flats opposite better choice and more spacious. At least they are the ones blowing their car fumes into this condo through their car parks. And staying in a condo with HDB flats nearby has both upsides and downsides. Upside is you can behave more atas than your neighbours. Downside is that there are higher chance of trespassers and strange people coming in to use your facilities.

I am perfectly happy to hear the downsides, but I want to hear downsides backed up by empirical evidence. My own observations, including the past month when I ate at Upper Thomson on a number of occasions, are that I have never seen any processions along Upper Thomson Road (unless you are referring to other roads). Of course it could be at times other than when I was there, and so it would be helpful if you could point out the times that these processions usually take place. I am certainly not the blinded sort, and I do agree that traffic along Upper Thomson may be slow at times; I just am not sure it's for the reason stated by you though I am happy to be corrected.

chiaberry
14-09-13, 08:59
I drove throught the HDB flats past the site yesterday. The plot seems to be on elevated land relative to the MSCP. And the higher floors should be above the top of the HDB flats. But please go to the site yourself and check all fhe facings carefully if you are thinking of buying. The unknown factor is the Thomson View condo and whether it will go en bloc sometime and what they will build there.

I think the funeral processions are on Sin Ming ROAD where the parlours are located, rather than on Sin Ming Avenue or Upper Thomson.

lufu
14-09-13, 10:38
for those with unblocked view of the central catchment area. There's hardly any places left in Singapore that has such huge undeveloped land and yet still rather central.

for homes facing the central catchment area you probably don't need to even turn on the air con.

propertyguru
14-09-13, 11:50
I drove throught the HDB flats past the site yesterday. The plot seems to be on elevated land relative to the MSCP. And the higher floors should be above the top of the HDB flats. But please go to the site yourself and check all fhe facings carefully if you are thinking of buying. The unknown factor is the Thomson View condo and whether it will go en bloc sometime and what they will build there.

I think the funeral processions are on Sin Ming ROAD where the parlours are located, rather than on Sin Ming Avenue or Upper Thomson.

Thanks. Not buying for the view. Thomson View is unlikely to go en bloc for a couple of years, but may go en bloc when the property market's rise accelerates again. Since both plots of land have the same plot ratio, Thomson View will be able to build up to the same height as Thomson Three, so you are not guaranteed a view even if you buy the highest floor in Thomson Three. I don't think it's wise to buy Thomson Three for the views, since Thomson View will en bloc eventually and there's no way of knowing how the developer will place their towers.

The HDB blocks are 11 floors each, so you need to buy at least the 11th floor in Thomson Three to be able to clear the HDB blocks (as you mentioned, Thomson Three is on slightly elevated ground). However, most of the Thomson Three units face the central catchment area, and there's not much to see in the Sin Ming direction anyway, so again, that's not a view I would suggest anyone buying.

My assessment is that Thomson Three is about location (not that it's central but whether you like Upper Thomson and the amenities it has), and potential growth with the Thomson Line coming up and possible redevelopment of SICC land. However, both are long-term developments, so it will be a while before any of that upside is realised. I am looking at the place for own stay, so I am less concerned about that potential for capital gain. I am more concerned about traffic and floor plans and the development itself, though of course I don't want to overpay either.

kane
15-09-13, 16:37
just dropped in the showroom, the 3 premium looks decent. 2 bedder reminds me of the one i saw at sennett resi. showroom was packed.

el loco
15-09-13, 18:35
The 3 bedrm premium layout in Thomson Three is much more spacious than Sky Vue 3 bedder despite same sqf of 1141...anyone can point out the differences y is it so? Are the floor area in showroom regulated by any authority?

harislukman
15-09-13, 20:24
Development info

Name: Thomson Three (http://www.newsgprop.com/listing/thomson-three)
Site area: Approx 144,637 sqft
Developer: UOL and Singland
Tenure: 99 Years
Address: Bright Hill drive
District: 20
Total units: 435 Condo units & 10 Strata Semi-D (2 parking lots and own private lift)
Plot ratio: 2.8
MRT nearby: Upper Thomson MRT (http://www.newsgprop.com/listing/thomson-three)
TOP: 2017

Unit Info

1 Bedroom (495 - 538 sqft): 61 units
2 Bedrooms (710 - 1141 sqft): 168 units
3 Bedrooms (1033 - 1421 sqft): 101 units
3 Bedrooms premium (1141 - 1582 sqft): 84 units
4 Bedrooms (1485 - 1862 sqft): 21 units
Strata Semi-D (3283 sqft): 10 units

Own Condo near future Thomson MRT (http://www.newsgprop.com/listing/thomson-three), Thomson Three (http://www.newsgprop.com/listing/thomson-three)
Call +65-81790465 (Haris) now for info and pricing

Facilities

Bubble Pool
Multi-purpose hall: entertainment/ dining facilities, private karaoke room, steam room
Chill out pavilion
Children's water play
Poolside pavilion
Floating gym
Hydro gym
Fitness deck
Courtyard garden
Sun lawn
Lap pool
Poolside gazebo
Poolside deck
Jet therapy pool
Reflexology courtyard
Children playground
BBQ station, and many more

Call+65-81790465 (Haris) for more info, or email [email protected]

lufu
15-09-13, 21:03
between buying Thomson Three or resale for Thomson Grand, which is a better option?

harislukman
15-09-13, 23:07
Please contact me if you want to know more about the profit potential in this investment at +65-81790465 (Haris)

New Singapore Property (http://www.newsgprop.com) | Singapore Property for Sale (http://www.newsgprop.com/) | Singapore Property for Investment (http://www.newsgprop.com) | Iskandar Property for Sale (http://www.newsgprop.com/) | Iskandar Property for Investment (http://www.newsgprop.com)

Singapore condo for sale (http://www.newsgprop.com) | Freehold Singapore Property (http://www.newsgprop.com/) | Freehold Singapore Property for sale (http://www.newsgprop.com) | Freehold Singapore Property for investment (http://www.newsgprop.com/) | Condo near MRT (http://www.newsgprop.com)

Condo near MRT for sale (http://www.newsgprop.com) | Iskandar property (http://www.newsgprop.com/) | Iskandar Property for sale (http://www.newsgprop.com) | Iskandar Property for investment (http://www.newsgprop.com/) | Iskandar condo for sale (http://www.newsgprop.com)

Freehold Iskandar property (http://www.newsgprop.com/) | Freehold Iskandar Property for sale (http://www.newsgprop.com) | Freehold Iskandar Property for investment (http://www.newsgprop.com/) | Iskandar new launch (http://www.newsgprop.com) | New Iskandar Property (http://www.newsgprop.com)

sunboy77
16-09-13, 13:23
Wahlao please la!
So many threads on the same condo liao! Can just stick to one thread or not?
Can moderators please do something?

sunboy77
16-09-13, 13:36

Obviously you do not know the location of Thomson Three well.

sunboy77
16-09-13, 13:41
The 3 bedrm premium layout in Thomson Three is much more spacious than Sky Vue 3 bedder despite same sqf of 1141...anyone can point out the differences y is it so? Are the floor area in showroom regulated by any authority?

Sky Vue dedicated a lot of space for the walk-in wardrobe in the master bedroom, and as a result the common room can accommodate only a single bed.

tahoo
17-09-13, 10:24
Indeed, location wise: I think that it is a great place. Near a future mrt, good primary school and of course Thomson plaza + nice eateries. You will not disturb by the funnel procession, because it is on the other side of the brighten hill. So dun worry.

Traffic wise: it will be heavy. Mainly due to the road work and mrt construction. Now is bad, in the near future it will get worst.

Any update on the actual launch date? Is it really 20 sept? Really hope that price will be competitive.

Shanhz
17-09-13, 11:34

what will be true is that you will have ashes flying in your window everyday?

chiaberry
17-09-13, 13:13

That's exaggerated too. Go and look at the walls of those condos painted white in the area, eg Flame Tree Park just opposite the showflats. If that were the case, the walls would be blackish by now.

tahoo
17-09-13, 14:20
Are you referring to haze :) call nea to insist for the psi reading before u buy. (Joking)

Wild Falcon
17-09-13, 22:54
Don't be deceived by the Thomson name la. see the address. It's called Brighthill Drive which will appear in your IC. Brighthill. Less than 500m from the largest crematorium and beside those Sin Ming HDB. Also less than 500m from funeral parlours. If that is not near then I dunno what is near. If u like the proximity to the death business it is fine, but do not live in denial.

Wild Falcon
17-09-13, 23:11
Let's not deny the proximity to the Singapore funeral hub and the crematorium. If you don't mind, it's ok. But I think there's no point debating what is staring at your face. Of course there is good point like surrounded by HDB and 99 lh condos which means no freehold to steal your thunder during enbloc or resale. And for those kiasu parents with no affiliation, can try to get their children into Ai Tong and have "elite" education that they have never been able to get. And I think the mrt takes too long and probably 2022 because it's always delayed. And who wants to waste 9 years waiting and living with construction mess. Life is too short. Go get a car.

rymccondo77
17-09-13, 23:33
As they say - "In this world there is nothing that is certain except death and taxes".

And one man's meat is another man's poison!

rymccondo77
17-09-13, 23:36
Wahlao please la!
So many threads on the same condo liao! Can just stick to one thread or not?
Can moderators please do something?

Mmm.... don't think the moderators will do anything about these multiple threads....

harislukman
18-09-13, 11:08
Development info

Name: Thomson Three (http://www.newsgprop.com/listing/thomson-three)
Site area: Approx 144,637 sqft
Developer: UOL and Singland
Tenure: 99 Years
Address: Bright Hill drive
District: 20
Total units: 435 Condo units & 10 Strata Semi-D (2 parking lots and own private lift)
Plot ratio: 2.8
MRT nearby: Upper Thomson MRT (http://www.newsgprop.com/listing/thomson-three)
TOP: 2017

Unit Info

1 Bedroom (495 - 538 sqft): 61 units
2 Bedrooms (710 - 1141 sqft): 168 units
3 Bedrooms (1033 - 1421 sqft): 101 units
3 Bedrooms premium (1141 - 1582 sqft): 84 units
4 Bedrooms (1485 - 1862 sqft): 21 units
Strata Semi-D (3283 sqft): 10 units

Own Condo near future Thomson MRT (http://www.newsgprop.com/listing/thomson-three), Thomson Three (http://www.newsgprop.com/listing/thomson-three)
Call +65-81790465 (Haris) now for info and pricing

Facilities

Bubble Pool
Multi-purpose hall: entertainment/ dining facilities, private karaoke room, steam room
Chill out pavilion
Children's water play
Poolside pavilion
Floating gym
Hydro gym
Fitness deck
Courtyard garden
Sun lawn
Lap pool
Poolside gazebo
Poolside deck
Jet therapy pool
Reflexology courtyard
Children playground
BBQ station, and many more

Details at http://www.newsgprop.com/listing/thomson-three

Call+65-81790465 (Haris) for more info and to find out how this development can be your BEST INVESTMENT, or email [email protected]

New Singapore Property (http://www.newsgprop.com) | Singapore Property for Sale (http://www.newsgprop.com/) | Singapore Property for Investment (http://www.newsgprop.com) | Iskandar Property for Sale (http://www.newsgprop.com/) | Iskandar Property for Investment (http://www.newsgprop.com)

Singapore condo for sale (http://www.newsgprop.com) | Freehold Singapore Property (http://www.newsgprop.com/) | Freehold Singapore Property for sale (http://www.newsgprop.com) | Freehold Singapore Property for investment (http://www.newsgprop.com/) | Condo near MRT (http://www.newsgprop.com)

Condo near MRT for sale (http://www.newsgprop.com) | Iskandar property (http://www.newsgprop.com/) | Iskandar Property for sale (http://www.newsgprop.com) | Iskandar Property for investment (http://www.newsgprop.com/) | Iskandar condo for sale (http://www.newsgprop.com)

Freehold Iskandar property (http://www.newsgprop.com/) | Freehold Iskandar Property for sale (http://www.newsgprop.com) | Freehold Iskandar Property for investment (http://www.newsgprop.com/) | Iskandar new launch (http://www.newsgprop.com) | New Iskandar Property (http://www.newsgprop.com)

tahoo
19-09-13, 14:54
Tmr 1 pm will be the launch of Thomson Three. According to my agent, the response is very good (collected many cheques)

Is it true? Will it sell like hotcake or just a sales tactics?

propertyguru
19-09-13, 16:33
Tmr 1 pm will be the launch of Thomson Three. According to my agent, the response is very good (collected many cheques)

Is it true? Will it sell like hotcake or just a sales tactics?

My agent told me 500-600 cheques, but not categorised so unclear how many cheques are for each type of unit.

19-09-13, 16:53
it will all boil down eventually to price, they have first mover advantage, since there could be quite a bit of overlap in target mkt between this one, Panorama (amk) and sky Vue (Bishan)

tahoo
19-09-13, 17:26
My agent told me 500-600 cheques, but not categorised so unclear how many cheques are for each type of unit.

500-600 cheques ... I do not think that it is true. I ever heard of agents using their own cheques to "chop", while they try to persuade their buyers to turn up for the launch.

First Mover Advantage:
Hopefully, the developer will price it right and do not be greedy.

bargain hunter
19-09-13, 20:16
UOL already said 1350 to 1400psf rite?

Capitaland also said 1380 to 1550psf for sky vue. so which is the right price?

bargain hunter
19-09-13, 20:27
any in house agent to update us on the sales tomorrow?

if let's say for a similar unit with the lowest psf

the 1044 sq ft 3 bedder for thomson three at 1350psf vs the 1141 sq ft 3 bedder for sky vue at 1380psf the quantum will be 1.41m vs 1.575m. is the difference significant enough to justify a buy for thomson three?

thomson three's compact 3 bedder still can fit in double beds in all the 3 bedrooms despite being smaller. kitchen seems smaller. any idea where else the thomson three's area seem smaller than sky vues?

both have equally big balconies.

Congress
19-09-13, 20:53

the 1044 sq ft 3 bedder for thomson three at 1350psf vs the 1141 sq ft 3 bedder for sky vue at 1380psf the quantum will be 1.41m vs 1.575m. is the difference significant enough to justify a buy for thomson three?

thomson three's compact 3 bedder still can fit in double beds in all the 3 bedrooms despite being smaller. kitchen seems smaller. any idea where else the thomson three's area seem smaller than sky vues?

Thomson 3 no yard, no utility room, may not be suitable for family.

el loco
19-09-13, 23:59

I think you shld compare T3 3 bedrm premium with SV 3 bedrm as they are both 1141sqf. T3 have smaller yard and narrower balcony compare to SV and does not have WIW but u gain in having more spacious living and dining area. The common rm are bigger to compare to SV after seeing both showrm. The plus points for SV are the already completed mrt and better mall.

bargain hunter
20-09-13, 09:19
yeah, that would be a good comparison for both 1141 sq ft.

i was just wondering whether the compact 3 bedder with a slightly lower quantum would help sales. almost $200k difference may be significant for today's price sensitive buyers.

tahoo
20-09-13, 10:11
Anyway, booking a unit later?

Can share your experience and the pricing?

Thanks.

bargain hunter
20-09-13, 11:19
yah, looking forward to some updates from potential buyers. :)

propertyguru
20-09-13, 14:54
Was interested in the 4BR. As of 3 pm, told by my agent that 5 out of the 21 units have been sold.

dtrax
20-09-13, 14:58
Was interested in the 4BR. As of 3 pm, told by my agent that 5 out of the 21 units have been sold.

How about sales of other units?

propertyguru
20-09-13, 15:06
How about sales of other units?

No news as I wasn't interested in those. My agent keeps hounding me to go down even though I am not interested. I know the bigger units are ordinarily not as popular, but given that there are only 21 of them, I am surprised after the morning's developer sale (to staff and related parties), and two hours after the official launch at 1 pm, only five units have been sold.

bargain hunter
20-09-13, 15:11
quantum is an issue i suppose? what's the absolute price and psf for such a unit?

No news as I wasn't interested in those. My agent keeps hounding me to go down even though I am not interested. I know the bigger units are ordinarily not as popular, but given that there are only 21 of them, I am surprised after the morning's developer sale (to staff and related parties), and two hours after the official launch at 1 pm, only five units have been sold.

tahoo
20-09-13, 15:34
According to my agent, he described it as a SOLD OUT project!

propertyguru
20-09-13, 15:37
quantum is an issue i suppose? what's the absolute price and psf for such a unit?

Was told third floor is $1.899m. Eighth floor is 1.943m. Tenth floor is 1.965m. About 10k difference between each floor. Presumably, twentieth floor would be about 2.07-2.1m (for 1,485 sq ft).

propertyguru
20-09-13, 15:38

Eventually it might be. Question is how well it will sell in the first few days (or weeks).

bargain hunter
20-09-13, 15:46
u mean ur agent said that before launch or as of now?

bargain hunter
20-09-13, 15:57
thanks for info. i think at > 1.9m, the new loan rules hit a lot of pple who previously wanted to buy and could buy. so can sell 5 already not too bad.

Was told third floor is $1.899m. Eighth floor is 1.943m. Tenth floor is 1.965m. About 10k difference between each floor. Presumably, twentieth floor would be about 2.07-2.1m (for 1,485 sq ft).

kane
20-09-13, 16:02

doesn't sound like it was priced with a lot of premium.

propertyguru
20-09-13, 16:13
doesn't sound like it was priced with a lot of premium.

It probably isn't over-priced per se (ie developer didn't mark up the profit margins on this), but it's overpriced in the context of the general market I think. At 2m, I can get a similarly-sized freehold property in D9 (albeit more than ten years old), or a similarly-sized freehold property in D15 (less than ten years old). And the advantages of the latter two would be that they are ready for occupation or rental immediately.

kane
20-09-13, 16:36
It probably isn't over-priced per se (ie developer didn't mark up the profit margins on this), but it's overpriced in the context of the general market I think. At 2m, I can get a similarly-sized freehold property in D9 (albeit more than ten years old), or a similarly-sized freehold property in D15 (less than ten years old). And the advantages of the latter two would be that they are ready for occupation or rental immediately.

there's a d15 freehold project in the news lately with a unit of similar size was selling for about $2.8mio. the rest are about $2.5mio or up right?

kane
20-09-13, 16:39
i was told 120 units sold. people don't need to work??

azeoprop
20-09-13, 17:10
Cheapest 1 bedder how much? :o

dtrax
20-09-13, 17:10

pple dont care TDSR??

propertyguru
20-09-13, 17:59
there's a d15 freehold project in the news lately with a unit of similar size was selling for about $2.8mio. the rest are about $2.5mio or up right?

Not sure which one you are referring to. But I recently saw one unit at The Esta, a 1,399 sq ft unit on the tenth floor for which the seller was prepared to take 2.05m.

el loco
20-09-13, 18:38
Cheapest 1 bedder how much? :o

From a fren....

1 bedrm fr $651k
2 bedrm fr $923k
3 bedrm C fr $1, 264m
3 bedrm P fr $1, 447m
4 bedrm fr $$1, 891m
SD fr $3, 244m

kane
20-09-13, 18:59
Not sure which one you are referring to. But I recently saw one unit at The Esta, a 1,399 sq ft unit on the tenth floor for which the seller was prepared to take 2.05m.

Interesting, how was the facing?

amk
20-09-13, 19:54

Really ? Still have so much demand ? I'm impressed

Or was it 120 launched ?

bargain hunter
20-09-13, 20:08
3 bd C and 3 bd P and 4 bd from 12xxpsf?

From a fren....

1 bedrm fr $651k
2 bedrm fr $923k
3 bedrm C fr $1, 264m
3 bedrm P fr $1, 447m
4 bedrm fr $$1, 891m
SD fr $3, 244m

bargain hunter
20-09-13, 20:09
ok what. given the prices above, 12xxpsf is cheaper than the 1350 to 1400psf guided. so can move lor?

Or was it 120 launched ?

bargain hunter
20-09-13, 20:10
ah liam said pent up demand in the area mah. and 5000 pple viewed the showflat within the 1st week.

Or was it 120 launched ?

kane
20-09-13, 23:26

Or was it 120 launched ?

not sure how many launched. heard from an agent there 120 was sold as at this afternoon.

sunboy77
21-09-13, 00:42
Some examples of the prices:

1BR 495 sqft #05-16 495 sqft $680k ($1373 psf)
2BR 710 sqft #07-14 $976k ($1375 psf)
3BR 1044 sqft #03-05 $1.269m ($1215 psf)
3BR Premium 1141 sqft #03-21 $1.455m ($1275 psf)

171 units sold (about 40%) as of this hour.

Wahlao $12xx psf - $13xx psf for majority of the units ley. Already cheaper than Bukit Panjang. This is Thomson ley.

propertyguru
21-09-13, 01:01
Interesting, how was the facing?

Faces Amber Gardens. Very small pocket sea view, and nothing much else to see, so I passed on the unit. But I think the price is quite reasonable for a freehold property in this area.

propertyguru
21-09-13, 01:02

Wahlao $12xx psf - $13xx psf for majority of the units ley. Already cheaper than Bukit Panjang. This is Thomson ley.

I agree. It's times like these, when Upper Thomson launches for less than some suburban projects, that I wonder what is happening to the property market.

Ringo33
21-09-13, 08:25
160 unit sold. Not too bad.

IT was probably a combination of reasonable pricing, good location and the positive stockmarket mood - resulting from the US Federal Reserve's announcement that it is not tapering its quantitative easing (QE) programme just yet - that helped UOL Group and Singapore Land move 160 units at Thomson Three on the first day of sales bookings this week.
This was out of the 200 units they released. The developers plan to release a further 120-150 units this weekend.
Located on Bright Hill Drive, the project comprises 435 apartments and 10 strata semi-detached houses. The average price of the 99-year leasehold development is about $1,350 per square foot.
A fortnight ago, UOL president (property) Liam Wee Sin had said that "without TDSR (total debt servicing ratio), we could easily have priced this project at $1,500 psf on average, or even higher".
On Thursday, the group said that expressions of interest with cheques were submitted by more than 500 potential buyers. Yesterday, Mr Liam said some of these potential buyers were still awaiting in-principle approval of their loans. "So not all were ready to enter into a transaction."
Around 350-400 who got their loans approved turned up for balloting for entry into the showflat from 1pm onwards. The TDSR rules, which took effect in late June, require financial institutions, when granting property loans to individuals, to ensure that the borrower's monthly total debt repayments do not exceed 60 per cent of their gross monthly income.
"We've seen strong buying interest for the bigger apartments - four-bedders and three-bedroom premium units - and we believe this is due to the higher purchasing power of those living in the Thomson vicinity," said Mr Liam.
Ten of the project's 21 four-bedders (1,485-1,862 sq ft) and 48 three-bedroom premium units (1,141-1,582 sq ft) found buyers. The developers released 60 of the 84 three-bedroom premium units yesterday. Two out of the five strata semi-detached houses released were sold. The balance 100 units transacted were one and two-bedders and three-bedroom compact units.
"The project's proximity to the upcoming Upper Thomson MRT Station would probably have been a more compelling reason to buy for those who picked up smaller units, compared to those who purchased bigger units," Mr Liam reckons.
Each of the project's 10 semi-Ds has a strata area of 3,283 sq ft spanning across three levels and a basement (that can accommodate two cars). The houses are priced at $3.2-3.4 million.
Of the apartments sold, absolute prices range from $651,000 for a 495 sq ft one-bedder on the second level to around $2.3 million for a 1,862 sq ft four-bedder on a high floor of the 21-storey project.
Mr Liam said: "We did well because of pent-up demand in this location, where there have not been many launches in recent years. Moreover, Thomson Three's proximity to the upcoming MRT station, Ai Tong School and Thomson Plaza all appealed to buyers. They probably also found our price pegged at a realistic level."
CBRE and Huttons are the marketing agents for Thomson Three.
Joseph Tan, executive director (residential) at CBRE, estimates that about 60 per cent of Thomson Three's buyers live in the vicinity including Thomson, Ang Mo Kio, Yio Chu Kang and Bishan. "Buyers were predominantly Singaporeans and aged 40 onwards."
Post-TDSR, developers have posted a patchy performance for new launches - with pricing, location and supply in the specific micromarket being key factors.
Ong Choon Fah, chief operating officer, SE Asia, at DTZ, notes that "there's quite a lot of landed housing in the Thomson area, people with 'old' money". Some of them could be buying a unit in Thomson Three for their children; conversely, some of their children may have bought in the project to live near their parents. "Some of the older landed housing residents could be looking to right-size to a smaller home," Mrs Ong suggests.
All eyes now are on CapitaLand's Sky Vue condo near Bishan MRT Station, where sales bookings are slated to begin next week. The property giant is expected to price the development more competitively in both psf and absolute quantum terms compared with its earlier project next door, Sky Habitat.
Post-TDSR, developers have posted a patchy performance for new launches - with pricing, location and supply in the specific micromarket being key factors. Wing Tai's Tembusu project, which was released around mid-August, was the first to achieve strong first-day sales of about 200 units. The freehold condo in the Kovan area was priced around $1,500 psf on average.
Earlier this month, Keppel Land moved about 80 units at The Glades condo on the first day. Located next to Tanah Merah MRT Station, the condo is priced around $1,450-1,500 psf on average. On the same day, 35 units were sold at The Skywoods in the Dairy Farm area. It was launched at an average price of $1,250 psf. Both projects are 99-year leasehold.
Says DTZ's Mrs Ong: "People are looking for value. Most are taking a longer- term view. At the end of the day, they want to know: 'What's the compelling reason to buy now?'"

bargain hunter
21-09-13, 09:33
so this is the new "benchmark". 12xx to 13xxpsf for thomson. 13xx to 14xxpsf for bishan? then everywhere else how?!?!?!?!

chiaberry
21-09-13, 10:02
The quantum for premium 3BR could be quite attractive to HDB upgraders.

At least the prices are becoming more reasonable now, hope that means no more CMs for the time being.

kane
21-09-13, 10:08
The quantum for premium 3BR could be quite attractive to HDB upgraders.

At least the prices are becoming more reasonable now, hope that means no more CMs for the time being.

Did you buy a unit here?

RCT
21-09-13, 12:15
Yes.... Very attractive pricing... Is it FH? This is thomson leh... I think those who buy J-Gateway must be thinking have they pay too much for J-Gateway

taggy
21-09-13, 12:17
Yes.... Very attractive pricing... Is it FH? This is thomson leh... I think those who buy J-Gateway must be thinking have they pay too much for J-Gateway

99yrs lease hold

azeoprop
21-09-13, 23:26
Went for a look this evening and it was not crowded. Finishing is quite ok with marble flooring and timber strips and all kitchen appliances are included. There is hot water supply to the kitchen sink as well. However it does not look as grand as Thomson grand. :rolleyes:

All the 1 bedders face the hdb, however those high floor stack 4 will be able to get a view of SICC and maybe the reservoir.

#04-04 495sqft 659k
#19-04 495sqft 735k

:)

amk
22-09-13, 18:03
Heard more than 200 units sold. Very very impressed.
UOL did the right marketing move : give marbles ; give branded sanitary fittings; built showflat at Venus dr; and did not set px too aggressive ( most exp 3bd only 1.6m, most exp 2bd < 1.1m)

The Bishan one finishing really poor. Only selling point is px. Same 3bd also 1.6m only.

kane
22-09-13, 19:05
1.6m is bit more than the resale 3 bedders in the area. that could be one of the reason they managed to moved half their inventory in the first weekend.

tahoo
22-09-13, 19:09
UOL did the right marketing move : give marbles ; give branded sanitary fittings; built showflat at Venus dr; and did not set px too aggressive ( most exp 3bd only 1.6m, most exp 2bd < 1.1m)

The Bishan one finishing really poor. Only selling point is px. Same 3bd also 1.6m only.

What is the furnishing for sky vue?

RCT
22-09-13, 19:55
Wah... Marble floor... Sound good... And the price is much more reasonable and it is in Thomson leh... But they still unable to clear at least 50% of the unit... Look like TDSR is really powerful.. If before TDSR, I think this will be a sold out project by first day

kane
22-09-13, 20:22
if there was no TDSR, they would have priced it at 1600psf perhaps. if there was no seller stamp duty, it might have been 1800psf. lol.

sunboy77
22-09-13, 21:35
if there was no TDSR, they would have priced it at 1600psf perhaps. if there was no seller stamp duty, it might have been 1800psf. lol.

Well said.

sunboy77
22-09-13, 21:45

Despite the very thin profit margin, UOL/Singland still provide good finishing. I can't say the same for Sky Vue though - thin profit margin that's why the condo looks like hdb. Multi-storey carpark somemore. Homogeneous tiles cheap cheap.

By the way, EVERY bedroom is Thomson Three houses a double bed, whereas EVERY common room in Sky Vue houses a single bed. :scared-5:

That is to say, you can rent a Thomson Three 3BR to 6 tenants, but you can rent a Sky Vue 3BR to 4 tenants only. And note that the Thomson Three 3BR is the same prices as a Sky Vue 3BR.

teddybear
22-09-13, 22:09
But Bishan better location than Upper Thomson though............

Despite the very thin profit margin, UOL/Singland still provide good finishing. I can't say the same for Sky Vue though - thin profit margin that's why the condo looks like hdb. Multi-storey carpark somemore. Homogeneous tiles cheap cheap.

By the way, EVERY bedroom is Thomson Three houses a double bed, whereas EVERY common room in Sky Vue houses a single bed. :scared-5:

That is to say, you can rent a Thomson Three 3BR to 6 tenants, but you can rent a Sky Vue 3BR to 4 tenants only. And note that the Thomson Three 3BR is the same prices as a Sky Vue 3BR.

kane
22-09-13, 22:23
bishan is an interchange node so naturally it is better. but the walk from sky vue to the train station is quite a long walk. the better plots at bishan central have not yet been sold. heh heh. They keeping the good stuff for last.

in the case of thomson 3, i believe the train station entrance is about 100-200m from their condo entrance. and they have a thomson plaza to settle their basic necessities. all in all not a bad proposition either.

having said that, i have no vested interest in either.

bargain hunter
22-09-13, 22:30
i'm happy with the changed uol. time to follow the bosses to buy some of their shares. :)

Noexit
22-09-13, 23:16
bishan is an interchange node so naturally it is better. but the walk from sky vue to the train station is quite a long walk. the better plots at bishan central have not yet been sold. heh heh. They keeping the good stuff for last.

in the case of thomson 3, i believe the train station entrance is about 100-200m from their condo entrance. and they have a thomson plaza to settle their basic necessities. all in all not a bad proposition either.

Bishan confirm better then Thomson , mrt also quite near .

sunboy77
22-09-13, 23:37
But Bishan better location than Upper Thomson though............

Any reason(s) please?

kane
22-09-13, 23:58

The SH plot and SV plot are in the furthest corner and although near, still need to walk a stretch above ground with no trees for partial shade.

propertyguru
22-09-13, 23:59
Any reason(s) please?

I am guessing for now at least, the MRT. But beyond 2020, I think Upper Thomson is better. It will have an MRT station then, and is slightly closer to town.

sunboy77
23-09-13, 00:23

193 units sold as of today.
The 3BR PREMIUM type sells the best, by %.
Followed by the 2BRs.

chiaberry
23-09-13, 00:32
All the 1 bedders face the hdb, however those high floor stack 4 will be able to get a view of SICC and maybe the reservoir.

#04-04 495sqft 659k
#19-04 495sqft 735k

:)

Agree that the North facing units would probably have a view of SICC. You have to check that it is higher than the HDB flats though.

chiaberry
23-09-13, 00:36
193 units sold as of today.
The 3BR PREMIUM type sells the best, by %.
Followed by the 2BRs.

That's a decent take up rate. I hope they sell out soon. Then I won't have my turning road @ Venus clogged up by illegal parking. :doh:

phantom_opera
23-09-13, 09:29
Judging from progress of DTL2 (delayed till 2016), probably another 10y b4 MRT arrives for this project

:beats-me-man:

RCR
23-09-13, 09:33

dont tcss lah, sv only about 200+m to circle line

propertyguru
23-09-13, 10:54
Agree that the North facing units would probably have a view of SICC. You have to check that it is higher than the HDB flats though.

There are no HDB blocks between T3 and SICC. The HDB blocks are on the Sin Ming side, so only the south-facing units will have to clear that. The HDB blocks are eleven storeys, but T3 is on slightly elevated ground, so I presume those on eleven and above will be able to see beyond the HDB blocks. As for the north-facing units, you will need to be above seven to be able to see past the trees and low-rise private estate; not sure how high one must be to see the reservoir on the other hand. Also, the north-facing units need to account for Thomson View. From my survey of the plot, Thomson View lies to the left of the plot (when facing the main road), so only those units which face slightly to the right will have an unblocked view of SICC.

chiaberry
23-09-13, 11:25
There are no HDB blocks between T3 and SICC. The HDB blocks are on the Sin Ming side, so only the south-facing units will have to clear that. The HDB blocks are eleven storeys, but T3 is on slightly elevated ground, so I presume those on eleven and above will be able to see beyond the HDB blocks. As for the north-facing units, you will need to be above seven to be able to see past the trees and low-rise private estate; not sure how high one must be to see the reservoir on the other hand. Also, the north-facing units need to account for Thomson View. From my survey of the plot, Thomson View lies to the left of the plot (when facing the main road), so only those units which face slightly to the right will have an unblocked view of SICC.

The HDB blocks are to the North of the site. SICC is in the North-West direction. Block 5 might have a better chance of SICC view if there are any units with windows in the North-West direction.

http://www.onemap.sg/?LW:Y&wO5d:JchII_Y,Icaff_f,JcRbc_J,IcRRh_q,c

lufu
23-09-13, 12:18
Better to get resale Thomson Grand. More luxurious, private lift, designer clubhouse and all units have unobstructured view

amk
23-09-13, 12:39
i'm happy with the changed uol. time to follow the bosses to buy some of their shares. :)

at 6 plus you too late already lah. that time 4 something was the time to go in big time :)

this one JV with SingLand, I think probably why dun dare to be aggressive. Sing Land such terrible marketing failure (Jevois site how many sold ? and dun forget it is still stuck with that high priced tiny plot at farrer drive, dun know what to do with it)

bargain hunter
23-09-13, 12:55
bro, when it was 4+ there were many other better options. wing tai, ho bee etc all outran it.

i feel that at current elevated levels, it could do better than other ppty stocks, that's all.

Wees bot during the correction in june (5.90 to 6.30s) and again in august (6.10s to 6.30s).

at 6 plus you too late already lah. that time 4 something was the time to go in big time :)

this one JV with SingLand, I think probably why dun dare to be aggressive. Sing Land such terrible marketing failure (Jevois site how many sold ? and dun forget it is still stuck with that high priced tiny plot at farrer drive, dun know what to do with it)

amk
23-09-13, 13:00
bro, when it was 4+ there were many other better options. wing tai, ho bee etc all outran it.

personal judgment lah. I never liked wing tai, talk big and act strange; and I think chua no fight with wee in terms of "level of shrewdness" :rolleyes:

ok lah OT enough....

august
23-09-13, 14:05
Better to get resale Thomson Grand. More luxurious, private lift, designer clubhouse and all units have unobstructured view

both also don't have tennis court. Not even one. The developers are clearly targeting at certain demographics.

sunboy77
23-09-13, 14:55

Erm... Where is the nearest MRT Station to this?
Any malls, eateries, amenities nearby?

lufu
23-09-13, 17:23
Erm... Where is the nearest MRT Station to this?
Any malls, eateries, amenities nearby?

I thought Sin Ming Station, interchange station with CRL at Gardens at Bishan just next door

bargain hunter
23-09-13, 19:43
may not be becoz they are targeting certain demographics. they may simply feel tennis court is wasted land.

both also don't have tennis court. Not even one. The developers are clearly targeting at certain demographics.

hanafi_d2000
23-09-13, 20:28

I think you are right, Thomson Grand design looks quite good.

But won't THomson Three be also equally smashing?

tahoo
23-09-13, 23:09
I think you are right, Thomson Grand design looks quite good.

But won't THomson Three be also equally smashing?

But location wise, Thomson Three is better compared to Thomson Grand.

Is there any good buy @ Thomson Grand? Are the seller affected with seller stamp duty?

propertyguru
24-09-13, 00:06
The HDB blocks are to the North of the site. SICC is in the North-West direction. Block 5 might have a better chance of SICC view if there are any units with windows in the North-West direction.

http://www.onemap.sg/?LW:Y&wO5d:JchII_Y,Icaff_f,JcRbc_J,IcRRh_q,c

My bad in getting the direction wrong. The HDB blocks are in the north, but they are not between SICC and T3. So as I said, only those facing Sin Ming (direct north) will have to clear the HDB blocks. The rest, which face north-west (and SICC) only have to clear the private low-rise.

princess_morbucks
24-09-13, 09:28
But location wise, Thomson Three is better compared to Thomson Grand.

Is there any good buy @ Thomson Grand? Are the seller affected with seller stamp duty?

Thomson Grand has been sold out.

princess_morbucks
24-09-13, 09:40
Thomson Grand was launched in July 2011.
Hence the buyers are affected by the seller stamp duty.

iridrium
24-09-13, 09:52

Actually, Thomson Grand's site configuration already shows the site restriction. Most of the units have to be tilted to avoid the west sun. But the problem is that west is the best facing with all the greenery.

But for Thomson Three, the site is slightly better in term of configuration as most units can get MacRitchie view yet avoiding the West sun.

Of course, in term of luxury feel, private lift , designer clubhouse, it is all a matter of personal taste and how much maintenance you want to pay for these luxuries.

propertyguru
24-09-13, 11:00
Actually, Thomson Grand's site configuration already shows the site restriction. Most of the units have to be tilted to avoid the west sun. But the problem is that west is the best facing with all the greenery.

But for Thomson Three, the site is slightly better in term of configuration as most units can get MacRitchie view yet avoiding the West sun.

Of course, in term of luxury feel, private lift , designer clubhouse, it is all a matter of personal taste and how much maintenance you want to pay for these luxuries.

From what I have seen, T3 is not titled to face MacRitchie, but to face SICC, and therefore there will be some west sun. The reason for positioning T3 that way is the presence of Thomson View, which is between T3 and MacRitchie.

amk
24-09-13, 11:20
really, the best view will be the one replacing Thomson View. T3 is sandwiched between this and HDB, no view to talk about. As a member mentioned earlier, should not buy this for the view.

I'm actually quite optimistic this Thomson View will eventually go enbloc.

harislukman
27-09-13, 16:44
Thomson Three (http://www.newsgprop.com/listing/thomson-three) is launch, please call +65-81790465 (Haris) to arrange viewing to the showflat. Units are selling fast. Price is still affordable. Don't miss your chance "condo near FUTURE MRT (http://www.newsgprop.com/listing/thomson-three)"

tahoo
30-03-14, 12:53
Today is a good time to visit this area and experience the Qing Ming effect.

Traffic police are activated. Heavy traffic at sin Ming area, bishan, ANG mo Kio and upper Thomson road.

clemdale24
30-03-14, 13:04
Today is a good time to visit this area and experience the Qing Ming effect.

Traffic police are activated. Heavy traffic at sin Ming area, bishan, ANG mo Kio and upper Thomson road.

so is T3 a good buy or not? after all theres a new mrt station coming up, and its considered city fringe.

kane
30-03-14, 14:51
what's the balance number of units for sale in this project?

jeffrey.teng
05-04-14, 12:25
Thomson Three (http://www.thomsonthree-condo.com)

Balance is now 58 units out of 445 units.

kane
05-04-14, 13:34
Wow, not bad. No sound no sound they manage to sell 85% of the units.

el loco
05-04-14, 21:26
3 bedder premium left low flr and >5 units...2 bedders sold out....left mainly the 3 bedder which haf a new show room.....