PDA

View Full Version : Force to sell HDB after TOP

Strata
09-08-13, 11:07
The resale market will definitely going to crash further for next few years. Those who require to sell away their HDB flat within 6months or to get back ABSD for EC and PC respectively, will be cut down by their profit margin. Not sure the 6 mths duration could be extended..

Lovelle
09-08-13, 11:23
which one will you keep ? HDB or Condo ?

for own stay + investment value .

lajia
09-08-13, 11:30
:D just my opinion...Don't use the word force la, all greedy souls hope that EC will be selling higher and higher and resale hdb also selling higher and higher so that they are better off in both ways?? That's natural but that's with some risk.
having said that, removing some of the CM and increase the intake PR would solve the problem I think...:D they still have time but those who need to dispose their HDBs are at the mercy of those rules....can gamble la...just my opinion.:D

Lovelle
09-08-13, 11:51
with new rule such as PR cannot rent their hdb out, how is HDB going to be of investment value?

mcmlxxvi
09-08-13, 11:52
with new rule such as PR cannot rent their hdb out, how is HDB going to be of investment value?

juz buy bto n leave empty for cap gain...?

Lovelle
09-08-13, 11:55
juz buy bto n leave empty for cap gain...?

why not buy cheap condos then ? 5 years of ZERO returns for waiting period. Again, no ROI ...

if BTO rise then cheap condos will rise as well

mcmlxxvi
09-08-13, 12:03
why not buy cheap condos then ? 5 years of ZERO returns for waiting period. Again, no ROI ...

if BTO rise then cheap condos will rise as well

cheap condos?.... in todays market??

tell me where to find them... i oso wan.

Lovelle
09-08-13, 12:09
cheap condos?.... in todays market??

tell me where to find them... i oso wan.

cheap lor, old 99 years, studio, mm, 1+1, 2 bedroom or lousy units.

by the time, u rent out these units at the 5th yr.

5 X 12 X $2500 (assuming the bottom rent) = $150k positive..
compare to BTO still ZERO

Allthepies
09-08-13, 16:31

u cant look at this in only 1 dimension. You have to see how much u put to buy ur "cheap" condo and the chance of future appreciation.

Eg. If u buy ur "cheap" old condo away from MRT at $800K, rent $2500 or should u buy brand new "expensive" BTO next to MRT at $400K? 5 years later, market stagnant ur $800K lousy condo is still
$800K as it ages, but the newer subdise BTO is at market pricr of $550K. Which is better deal?

mcmlxxvi
09-08-13, 16:40

old mm or studio where can fetch 2.5k......

believe me sis. i started out looking at really old walkups and studios like those along Changi Rd and Race Course Rd and Joo Chiat area or Vista Park coz i want immediate occupation or yield commence without waiting buc.

Doesnt make sense leh... need to throw in reno cost upwards 50k and then many quite dilapidated and ill maintained or face sell down soon types. Existing tenants also dubious kind some even machiam workers quarters. Yield also not say really fantastic.

Lovelle
09-08-13, 17:02
u cant look at this in only 1 dimension. You have to see how much u put to buy ur "cheap" condo and the chance of future appreciation.

Eg. If u buy ur "cheap" old condo away from MRT at $800K, rent $2500 or should u buy brand new "expensive" BTO next to MRT at $400K? 5 years later, market stagnant ur $800K lousy condo is still
$800K as it ages, but the newer subdise BTO is at market pricr of $550K. Which is better deal?

allspies, i cannot predict the market but my understanding if market stagnant, will BTO still goes up from $400k to $550k ?? at least the $150k rental has already gone into the pocket.... ok me no expert at all

Allthepies
09-08-13, 17:13
allspies, i cannot predict the market but my understanding if market stagnant, will BTO still goes up from $400k to $550k ?? at least the $150k rental has already gone into the pocket.... ok me no expert at all

New BTO are nicely subsidised and selling below market price.. tat wat I know...

to generate the rental income, there r many expenses...

Lovelle
09-08-13, 17:57
New BTO are nicely subsidised and selling below market price.. tat wat I know...

to generate the rental income, there r many expenses...

yes agree since Khaw has to provide cheap housing to Sporean. But he does he know that it is a vicious cycle ? when these cheap housing rise and the next gen start to complain ?

:cheers1:

Allthepies
09-08-13, 18:29
yes agree since Khaw has to provide cheap housing to Sporean. But he does he know that it is a vicious cycle ? when these cheap housing rise and the next gen start to complain ?

We just have to seize all the good deals our government provide us....

chestnut
09-08-13, 20:01

When pr cannot rent out,

1. How is the pool of hdb rental units???? Shrunk???
2. Where will this people rent from???? Now that pool has shrunk??? Private????
3. Why will happen to rental rates when this happens???

Think step by step and u will find the answer...

:cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

Lovelle
09-08-13, 21:53
Many will have rent private eventually hdb is home to Sporean. Affordable and easily available

ysyap
09-08-13, 22:04

to generate the rental income, there r many expenses...If I'm not mistaken, selling HDB will also incur some additional govt tax... must return some cash for the subsidy one receives from buying a HDB... ;)

Arcachon
09-08-13, 22:28
If I'm not mistaken, selling HDB will also incur some additional govt tax... must return some cash for the subsidy one receives from buying a HDB... ;)

Another Ass u me.

http://bit.ly/1cjCdUs

Resale Levy

A resale levy has to be paid when a second-timer buys or takes over the ownership of another subsidised flat.

A second-timer household refers to a Singapore citizen household that has previously taken a housing subsidy when they bought a:
flat from the HDB, or
resale flat with the CPF housing grant; or
Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) flat with the CPF Housing Grant; or
Executive Condominium (EC) with the CPF Housing Grant.

This means that if you are selling or have sold a subsidised flat and are intending to or have booked a new flat, you will have to pay the Resale Levy.

Amount Payable under the Revised Resale Levy Policy

The amount of resale levy is graded according to the flat type of the flat owners' first subsidised flat. Under the revised policy, flat owners whose first subsidised flat is a 2-room flat will pay a resale levy of $15,000. Those whose first subsidised flat is a 3-room, 4-room, 5-room and Executive flat will pay a resale levy of $30,000, $40,000, $45,000 and $50,000 respectively when they purchase a second subsidised flat.

First Subsidised Flat Type Amount of Resale Levy Payable under the Revised Policy (From 3 Mar 2006*)
2-room $15,000
3-room $30,000
4-room $40,000
5-room $45,000
Executive Flat $50,000
* only applicable for those who submit their resale application and book a 2nd subsidised flat on/after 3 March 2006.

Allthepies
10-08-13, 00:07
If I'm not mistaken, selling HDB will also incur some additional govt tax... must return some cash for the subsidy one receives from buying a HDB... ;)

Hee hee for investors who buy BTO, after making their money from BTO, they will jump to condo to avoid paying any penalty:D :D

mcmlxxvi
10-08-13, 06:34
Hee hee for investors who buy BTO, after making their money from BTO, they will jump to condo to avoid paying any penalty:D :D

exactly. not many wanna waste a decade and a half of their lives punting hdb.

ysyap
10-08-13, 07:32
Another Ass u me.

http://bit.ly/1cjCdUs

Resale Levy

A resale levy has to be paid when a second-timer buys or takes over the ownership of another subsidised flat.

A second-timer household refers to a Singapore citizen household that has previously taken a housing subsidy when they bought a:
flat from the HDB, or
resale flat with the CPF housing grant; or
Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) flat with the CPF Housing Grant; or
Executive Condominium (EC) with the CPF Housing Grant.

This means that if you are selling or have sold a subsidised flat and are intending to or have booked a new flat, you will have to pay the Resale Levy.

Amount Payable under the Revised Resale Levy Policy

The amount of resale levy is graded according to the flat type of the flat owners' first subsidised flat. Under the revised policy, flat owners whose first subsidised flat is a 2-room flat will pay a resale levy of $15,000. Those whose first subsidised flat is a 3-room, 4-room, 5-room and Executive flat will pay a resale levy of $30,000, $40,000, $45,000 and $50,000 respectively when they purchase a second subsidised flat.

First Subsidised Flat Type Amount of Resale Levy Payable under the Revised Policy (From 3 Mar 2006*)
2-room $15,000
3-room $30,000
4-room $40,000
5-room $45,000
Executive Flat $50,000
* only applicable for those who submit their resale application and book a 2nd subsidised flat on/after 3 March 2006.Thank you for the infor.. yup... its the resale levy. So selling HDB is not wise too if the profit is only $100+k. Then minus say $45k so come back to just a small amount (when talking about profits for home investors). ;)

Strata
29-08-13, 07:00
Nowadays, some HDB owners are selling their flat at Zero COV as reflected in the news. It would be at total disadvantage now if it is locked down by HDB rules and regulations considering you have to force sell your hdb after your TOP for your new property...

radha08
29-08-13, 07:51
exactly. not many wanna waste a decade and a half of their lives punting hdb.

totally agree if u ask me to do t all over i again i would have gladly dumped my hdb and jumped straight into landed back then having done that i would be able to retire comfortably today:o:o:o

DKSG
30-08-13, 13:53
totally agree if u ask me to do t all over i again i would have gladly dumped my hdb and jumped straight into landed back then having done that i would be able to retire comfortably today:o:o:o

That is on hind sight la!

But we must always remember HDB is meant for people who cannot afford PC and the government must help them to buy a place to stay.

Those who profited a lot from their sale of HDB flat should be taxed big time because they "sold" what the country gave them.

DKSG