http://www.skywoods.com.sg/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/04.jpg

http://www.skywoods.com.sg/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/01.jpg

http://www.theskywoods.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/URA-Master-Plan.jpg

star
15-08-13, 02:45
How far from future mrt?

mcmlxxvi
15-08-13, 07:50
Nice location. But looks like the MM stacks are gonna be totally blocked by new site project.

sunrise
15-08-13, 19:04
1of the lousiest design.

vovolversace
15-08-13, 19:12
this project design look like HDB in punggol.swimming pool so tiny! :doh:

ecimbew
15-08-13, 19:12
Still as planned but incorporated some changes

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-sbNiJfK7v18/T9YAm03B1xI/AAAAAAAADRk/vNcbcBPdJv0/s1600/Dairy+Farm+Road.jpg

1.2k PSF?
Info from various sources

http://www.skywoods.com.sg/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/site-plan.jpg

http://www.skywoods.com.sg/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/04.jpg

http://www.skywoods.com.sg/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/01.jpg

http://www.theskywoods.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/URA-Master-Plan.jpg

vovolversace
15-08-13, 19:25
How many units in this project?

ecimbew
15-08-13, 19:57
Still as planned but incorporated some changes

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-sbNiJfK7v18/T9YAm03B1xI/AAAAAAAADRk/vNcbcBPdJv0/s1600/Dairy+Farm+Road.jpg

The proposed amenities will be shifted as proposed by Architect Tay.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KHUbwIMg9LY/T9YDJBUSCWI/AAAAAAAADSc/-DuSehlGD_Q/s1600/Tay+KS+proposal.jpg

ecimbew
15-08-13, 20:01
How come you guys don't google

--- This 99 years leasehold development has a total site area of 188,863 square feet. Upon completion, it will be home to 420 households. The unit mix available at The Skywoods will be ranging from 1 bedroom units to 4 bedroom units.

sunrise
15-08-13, 20:06
this project design look like HDB in punggol.swimming pool so tiny! :doh:

machiam those old days apartment. maybe this project targets older citizens, many above 50 already retired from swimming, that why small pool is big enough.:D

smartboy
15-08-13, 20:09
worth taking a look if the size of the apartments are larger than the norm from the rest of the other projects

ecimbew
15-08-13, 20:11
Quite close to proposal
http://skywoods-sg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Skywoods-Master-Plan.jpg

The proposed amenities will be shifted as proposed by Architect Tay.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KHUbwIMg9LY/T9YDJBUSCWI/AAAAAAAADSc/-DuSehlGD_Q/s1600/Tay+KS+proposal.jpg

sunrise
15-08-13, 20:20
worth taking a look if the size of the apartments are larger than the norm from the rest of the other projects

nowaday the projects more or less same floor area. only psf differences.
this project max at 15 storey and over 400+ units, its difficult to design bigger floor area. will end up like caspian.

ecimbew
15-08-13, 20:21
6 Tower Blocks (15 Storey)

Unit Type*:

1+Study (527sqft) -30units

2 Bedroom (710sqft) – 75units

3 Bedroom (1012sqft) -225units

4 Bedroom (1345sqft) -90units

* Subject to Changes & Availability.

ecimbew
15-08-13, 20:23
Bukit Timah Green Development Pte Ltd (Joint Venture between Hock Lian Seng Holdings Ltd & TA Corporation and King Wan Development)

Facilities: swimming pool, tennis court, function room, golf simulation, dining pavillion, gym, BBQ pavillion, children’s play ground, jogging trail, terrace waterfalls, 2 levels of basement carpark.

ecimbew
27-08-13, 20:12
Maybe new PRs will buy since they can't buy HDB from resale till 3 years after their PR-ship.

It's 1 br for $7xxk up. Info from SMS I received.

ZeeWee
30-08-13, 08:32
Typical Unit

1+1 - $715k to $780k

2Br Compact - $850k to $920k

2Br Standard - $940k to $980k

3Br Compact - $1.2mil to $1.35mil

3Br Standard - $1.25mil to $1.35mil

4Br Compact - $1.38mil to $1.58mil

4Br Standard - $1.59mil to $1.68mil

Penthouse

1+1 - $817k to $835k

2Br Compact - $1mil to $1.07mil

2Br Standard - $1.13mil to $1.21mil

3Br Compact - $1.4mil to $1.52mil

3Br Standard - $1.47mil to $1.6mil

4Br Compact - $1.77mil+/-

4Br Standard - $1.9mil+/-

yowetan
30-08-13, 13:23
Typical Unit

1+1 - $715k to $780k

Penthouse

1+1 - $817k to $835k

Hi...would you entertain me if I wish to visit the showflat for a viewing?

Wild Falcon
30-08-13, 14:57
Pricing looks ok, not ridiculous. But just have to bear in mind next door Dairy Farm estate which is freehold and sitting on a much larger plot is trading at 1,100 - 1,200psf, just like those large plots freehold condos in Hillview nearby. So i guess it will attract those who die die want to buy new condos type of people. Location is near real nature with future MRT and rail mall (& future Hiller Mall)nearby. Very easy access to expressways as well.

sillyme
30-08-13, 19:57
Typical Unit

1+1 - $715k to $780k

Penthouse

1+1 - $817k to $835k

Hi. Any idea how is the sales so far?

ZeeWee
30-08-13, 20:06
Sales yet to start. This weekend is the 1st day the showflat open for viewing.

Anyone really keen for a visit and would like me to show you around feel free to contact me. Otherwise have a good weekend :D

sillyme
30-08-13, 22:21

Yowetan, please take a look and share with us your view on this new project. thanks.

dare2
01-09-13, 21:06
YT you should just enjoy your MT Senile, why waste time on Hillview area which you have said has no upside.....and haunted one some more.......and also don't disturb the agent trying to make a living since you are 100% not buying one....

Antz621
01-09-13, 21:39
Maybe new PRs will buy since they can't buy HDB from resale till 3 years after their PR-ship.

It's 1 br for $7xxk up. Info from SMS I received.

New PR will not buy

Why? Cos need to wait 3 yrs to TOP. By then their restrictions already fully removed and can buy "anything" in the mkt.

yowetan
01-09-13, 22:38
YT you should just enjoy your MT Senile, why waste time on Hillview area which you have said has no upside.....and haunted one some more.......and also don't disturb the agent trying to make a living since you are 100% not buying one....

I was there today. This project is much better than Hillview Peak.

This place is in Chestnut drive, so it is not that bad compared to cluttering hillview area.

Nevertheless, it has limited upside since it is so near to all freehold and 999LH properties.

Besides, the material used in the development is not impressive.

Nighttrain
02-09-13, 04:55

This place is in Chestnut drive, so it is not that bad compared to cluttering hillview area.

Nevertheless, it has limited upside since it is so near to all freehold and 999LH properties.

Asking for $1400psf..material so so as to compare with Eco sanctuary ..pool so small.. Higher floor also got fin to block ur view to see mindef. $1400 can buy free hold in hill view

sillyme
02-09-13, 06:47

Hi. How's the turnout at Skywoods when you were there? Any crowd? Wanted to take a look yesterday but legs pain after the morning race.

sillyme
02-09-13, 06:54
Asking for $1400psf..material so so as to compare with Eco sanctuary ..pool so small.. Higher floor also got fin to block ur view to see mindef. $1400 can buy free hold in hill view

Skywoods have fins blocking too? isn't it quite far from mindef? Eco sanctuary's material quite nice, from my last visit to the show flat.

henryhk
02-09-13, 07:27
For tis psf, wat is the size of the unit? wat is the average psf ?

yowetan
02-09-13, 09:37
Hi. How's the turnout at Skywoods when you were there? Any crowd? Wanted to take a look yesterday but legs pain after the morning race.

The turnout is significantly less impressive compared to Eco-santuary. You probably know why and what is attributing to this.

sillyme
02-09-13, 12:52
The turnout is significantly less impressive compared to Eco-santuary. You probably know why and what is attributing to this.

Thanks. I liked your second sentence.

henryhk
05-09-13, 11:38
Other than sky wood and hillview peak....is there any more new condo projects launching at hillview in the near term??

flagship74
06-09-13, 08:55
Hearsay the this project is going for ballot system for the choice units..hurry before it's gone pernamently..:scared-5:

akow
07-09-13, 11:26
[QUOTE:Hearsay the this project is going for ballot system for the choice units..hurry before it's gone pernamently.]

Hillview area is legend of condo... too many condos.
Skywood design is no good, worse still is far away from Hillview MRT with no covered walkway.

Glendale Park (Free-hold) which is only 2 minutes walk from Hillview MRT, resale price now at average $1100psf, 3-bedder rental only $3K per month.
Who will buy Skywood at $1300psf, rental yield will be so low that it will not cover monthly instalment $. Unless buy for own stay. The developer sells at future pricing.

henryhk
07-09-13, 11:46
[QUOTE:Hearsay the this project is going for ballot system for the choice units..hurry before it's gone pernamently.]

Skywood design is no good, worse still is far away from Hillview MRT with no covered walkway.

Glendale Park (Free-hold) which is only 2 minutes walk from Hillview MRT, resale price now at average $1100psf, 3-bedder rental only $3K per month.
Who will buy Skywood at $1300psf, rental yield will be so low that it will not cover monthly instalment $. Unless buy for own stay. The developer sells at future pricing.

Ya, I really wish it can drop to 1k psf in 2 to 3 years time, then I can acquire one unit at sky wood, I will take these 3 years to save enough cash for the downpayment.....hope the sales remain negative....i have gone tru the 2000 crash , I know wat causes price to drop...I can wait...only early 40+

flagship74
07-09-13, 12:04
Ya, I really wish it can drop to 1k psf in 2 to 3 years time, then I can acquire one unit at sky wood, I will take these 3 years to save enough cash for the downpayment.....hope the sales remain negative....i have gone tru the 2000 crash , I know wat causes price to drop...I can wait...only early 40+

1kpsf for penhse unit?:D

Autumnwinds
07-09-13, 15:47
Was at the launch early this morning. Very muted crowd.

From 1250 psf, compressed marble, timbre strip and full range of fridge /washing machine less dryer.
Layout was ok, nothing to scream.

yowetan
07-09-13, 18:12
Was at the launch early this morning. Very muted crowd.

From 1250 psf, compressed marble, timbre strip and full range of fridge /washing machine less dryer.
Layout was ok, nothing to scream.

Hi...at 1250psf - it is equally a project that is over-rated as Hillview peak.

The saving grace for this project is - it is market cheaper than Hillview peak.

It's time for Kingsford to wake up their idea.

No more kings...but fools.

flagship74
07-09-13, 19:43
Hi...at 1250psf - it is equally a project that is over-rated as Hillview peak.

The saving grace for this project is - it is market cheaper than Hillview peak.

It's time for Kingsford to wake up their idea.

No more kings...but fools.

Due to overwhelming response..the one bedders is 96% SOLD!!:eek:

Regulators
07-09-13, 20:42
I was at the showflat yesterday chatting with an agent I know. He said the project not selling well n told me he wouldn't buy it.

Autumnwinds
07-09-13, 21:03

What about the rest?? :tongue3:

sillyme
07-09-13, 21:04

wow. good to hear that the one bedders were almost fully sold within such a short time. seemed like the buying trend is going downsize to the smaller unit......

yesnomaybe
07-09-13, 21:24
Skywoods is ok...passable standard
I wonder if the detractors here are agents masquerading as buyers

yowetan
07-09-13, 21:49

Those who bought one bedder at a 99LH land are fools.

They deserve to be sell off by financial meltdown.

Wild Falcon
07-09-13, 22:11
Exclusive private enclave has its charm. So does Bukit Timah and East Coast. Why would u prefer to live in a condo amongst HDB flats? Exclusive private enclaves has its charm. It means your neighbours are as well off as u and u dun get trespassers who use your facilities.

Anyway, I doubt this Dairy Farm development can do well. No HDB catchment and private owners are no longer biting. The only buyers left are HDB upgraders. So developments near HDB enclaves like Sin Ming 光明山 and bedok tanah merah should do better.

yowetan
07-09-13, 22:17
Exclusive private enclave has its charm. So does Bukit Timah and East Coast. Why would u prefer to live in a condo amongst HDB flats? Exclusive private enclaves has its charm. It means your neighbours are as well off as u and u dun get trespassers who use your facilities.

Anyway, I doubt this Dairy Farm development can do well. No HDB catchment and private owners are no longer biting. The only buyers left are HDB upgraders. So developments near HDB enclaves like Sin Ming 光明山 and bedok tanah merah should do better.

Upgraders would have turn off by the psf pricing though for a mere 99LH.

dare2
07-09-13, 22:40
Upgraders would have turn off by the psf pricing though for a mere 99LH.

...:confused: why Mt Sinai remains affordable for one upgrader???? Is there anything wrong with the location?...or the unit? ....like haunted or something....

akow
07-09-13, 23:00
...:confused: why Mt Sinai remains affordable for one upgrader???? Is there anything wrong with the location?...or the unit? ....like haunted or something....

Just ignore Yowetan, biased comments always.

Compressed marble is cheap & low class, used by condos normally at below $1000psf in the east. I am surprised Skywood is not willing to spend on flooring.

So much empty land around Skywood!
Never buy a development besides empty lands, it's high risk.

iridrium
07-09-13, 23:58

Compressed marble is cheap & low class, used by condos normally at below $1000psf in the east. I am surprised Skywood is not willing to spend on flooring.

That is nonsense. Find me a new launch that is priced below $1000psf. Then find me one that is using compressed marble. No matter how you argue , compress marble is still more expensive than homogenous tiles.

If your theory is right, we should be buying into development who can look into other developments?!? I remember going for a viewing and the agent told me the unit has pool view. I thought it was a good deal but upon reaching the unit, the pool I was looking at belongs to next door condo. For every land parcel, I'm sure there are good view and some riskier view. And they will be priced accordingly. Developers ain't stupid.

akow
08-09-13, 00:52
That is nonsense. Find me a new launch that is priced below $1000psf. Then find me one that is using compressed marble. No matter how you argue , compress marble is still more expensive than homogenous tiles.

.]

Do your homework before saying it's nonsense. It's clear you have no idea of new launches pricing in Pasir Ris. In addition, earlier this year, Q-Bay residence by Frasers at Tampines launched at average $980psf, and they are using compressed marble.

iridrium
08-09-13, 02:37
]

Do your homework before saying it's nonsense. It's clear you have no idea of new launches pricing in Pasir Ris. In addition, earlier this year, Q-Bay residence by Frasers at Tampines launched at average $980psf, and they are using compressed marble.

What is the land price for Q bay and land price for Skywood? And the timing of the launch? One was launched last year, and we are talking about recent launch. I don't need to do much homework to know that you are not even comparing apple to apple. You might as well tell me last time one can get marble for orchard road development for less than $1k psf. :doh:

sillyme
08-09-13, 07:30

Agreed. I bought my unit facing the army camp (unless the camp moved, then I have nothing to say).

Antz621
08-09-13, 11:47

Dear Sir,

May I know what is the logic behind this clause?

lajia
08-09-13, 12:02
That is pure nonsense...but u do have to consider what the developer promise which could be altered when those nearby parcels are developed! Especially promise of unblock views, excellent serene environment, etc...but, gold mine could land on your door step if a MRT station or shopping mall is coming up in vicinity.....:p so, it is not always bad. At least u know if the economy continue to be good, the developers will not launch with psf lower than yours....:)

But having said that, I personally think at today's price, this is on a high side....and that's also referring to those other Hillview development. In today's context, the developers have priced too much forward pricing into their launches...

Not saying that they can't sell, but I would think, take up will be slow....don't rush into it. Rather wait for something u like if u considering own stay.
:2cents::2cents:

Dear Sir,

wt_know
08-09-13, 12:02
it's a simple logic
you bought mid-to-high floor unit ... paying a premium for the view
before you know it ... another project is going to be developed of that empty land you are facing
bamp ... your "premium" for the view is gone and you are facing a tall building and not to mention 3-4 years of development noise

Dear Sir,

Autumnwinds
08-09-13, 12:05
I bought treehouse back then when it first launched. It was the first plot of land too. If it was an extremely risky thing to do, then I'm glad I took the risk.;)

wt_know
08-09-13, 12:08
no risk no gain
you made the right bet
tree house launch with $800+ psf and now all the surrounding project minimum $1000-$1200 psf

I bought treehouse back then when it first launched. It was the first plot of land too. If it was an extremely risky thing to do, then I'm glad I took the risk.;)

yesnomaybe
08-09-13, 12:14
Well done Autumnwinds ! Like buying undervalued stocks !

Antz621
08-09-13, 12:19
That is pure nonsense...but u do have to consider what the developer promise which could be altered when those nearby parcels are developed! Especially promise of unblock views, excellent serene environment, etc...but, gold mine could land on your door step if a MRT station or shopping mall is coming up in vicinity.....:p so, it is not always bad. At least u know if the economy continue to be good, the developers will not launch with psf lower than yours....:)

But having said that, I personally think at today's price, this is on a high side....and that's also referring to those other Hillview development. In today's context, the developers have priced too much forward pricing into their launches...

Not saying that they can't sell, but I would think, take up will be slow....don't rush into it. Rather wait for something u like if u considering own stay.
:2cents::2cents:

I have the same parallel line of thought. You ride on the transaction prices of the subsequent launches. Yes granted, dust & noise will all be part of it. But once they are completed and TOP-ed, they will bring the price to the next level. No Pain; no Gain. You don't like the place? Fine. Move on then. All thanks to your neighboring development that already elevates the price in the vicinity.

Government doesn't launch sites during bad times. They do it more aggressively during good times and of course developers bid like no tomorrow during those times. So in a way empty plots of land around a development wouldn't that translate into higher potentials? 6 rounds of punting. How many of these will likely be bidded below the current psf? If near zero, wouldn't a development like SW be an even more assured investment?

Above just like HO. Am I incorrect to assume the above?

Antz621
08-09-13, 12:22

When Tree House was marketed a year plus back, many walk in customers complained its insane to buy suburban property at near 1K psf. Simply Crazy! Today in SW showflats, the same people are lamenting they are better off buying Treehouse back then. Tomorrow if the plot launching next to SW sells for 1500psf the same group of fellows will probably say it so cheap to buy SW. Then like that how? :beats-me-man:

yesnomaybe
08-09-13, 12:43
Chestnut area landed residents had a campaign to preserve the forests there last year

sillyme
08-09-13, 12:57

Congratulations. Any friends or family members mentioned that you bought too expensive? Bet they would not say so now. Good for you.

vovolversace
08-09-13, 13:23
if hill view peak cannot sell well,this will be too.HVP project is much more better than this.

Autumnwinds
08-09-13, 13:40
Thanks for all the congratulations good bros.

But I'd like to add that I've already sold it off at 11XX psf recently. Mine was a relatively bigger unit, so I'm glad that within 3years, I made a tidy profit from it. :p:p

sillyme
08-09-13, 14:19

But I'd like to add that I've already sold it off at 11XX psf recently. Mine was a relatively bigger unit, so I'm glad that within 3years, I made a tidy profit from it. :p:p

Congratulations again

henryhk
08-09-13, 15:02

Well done bro, tat is how to make money from property, sell for a tidy profit and run....I did tat last year on caspian....but later I feel lost holding the cash, !!! Wat can I do with it.....unless I am retiring age..

wt_know
08-09-13, 19:41
what's the SSD?

Autumnwinds
08-09-13, 20:05
what's the SSD?

No ssd at that point if the sale is after three years.

Autumnwinds
08-09-13, 20:06
Well done bro, tat is how to make money from property, sell for a tidy profit and run....I did tat last year on caspian....but later I feel lost holding the cash, !!! Wat can I do with it.....unless I am retiring age..

Wa Congrats to you too bro. I missed the Caspian boat!

wt_know
08-09-13, 20:19
just came home from skywoods showroom
overall pricing (2/3/4 bedrooms) are higher than TH, ECO and FR
the selling point is near Hillview MRT because in terms of fittings, landscape, overall themes, etc is poorer compare the the 3 projects mentioned above
is 400-500m (7-10mins walk?) considered near MRT and priced as near MRT premium?

henryhk
08-09-13, 20:47
Wa Congrats to you too bro. I missed the Caspian boat!
Thanks ar.....Heee....I still have a freehold unit near hillview mrt to fight with the market for price appreciation,.........I will not rock tis boat because is my 1st child ah!

Allthepies
08-09-13, 20:47
I have the same parallel line of thought. You ride on the transaction prices of the subsequent launches. Yes granted, dust & noise will all be part of it. But once they are completed and TOP-ed, they will bring the price to the next level. No Pain; no Gain. You don't like the place? Fine. Move on then. All thanks to your neighboring development that already elevates the price in the vicinity.

Government doesn't launch sites during bad times. They do it more aggressively during good times and of course developers bid like no tomorrow during those times. So in a way empty plots of land around a development wouldn't that translate into higher potentials? 6 rounds of punting. How many of these will likely be bidded below the current psf? If near zero, wouldn't a development like SW be an even more assured investment?

Above just like HO. Am I incorrect to assume the above?

Argument with flaws.....

u can only smile when the money is finally in your pocket i.e. u have finally sold ur property and lock in the gain.

Autumnwinds
08-09-13, 22:19
Thanks ar.....Heee....I still have a freehold unit near hillview mrt to fight with the market for price appreciation,.........I will not rock tis boat because is my 1st child ah!

Hehe, i currently am also holding on to a hdb and one 99LH in the west too! But recently just used the sale profits to purchase a bigger unit for my family to move in. Hai, so much headaches. Loan is never ending...

sunrise
08-09-13, 22:31
Why this project doesn't have a fly thru video presentation?

bargain hunter
09-09-13, 06:07
how many sold liao?

henryhk
09-09-13, 08:58
Hehe, i currently am also holding on to a hdb and one 99LH in the west too! But recently just used the sale profits to purchase a bigger unit for my family to move in. Hai, so much headaches. Loan is never ending...
Ya, staying in hdb now, enjoying the convenience to mrt and food, true, I am serving 4 loans...sometimes confused Wich one is due....... but total loan is not excessive...I not worry about interest rates...... Now hope to wait for developers to slash price wen they can't sell. like in the 2001 to 2004 period.....where Mayfair condo at jurong goes for $400 psf!

flagship74
09-09-13, 13:59
how many sold liao?

hearsay 95% SOLD!!:scared-4:

Autumnwinds
09-09-13, 14:05

Full of bull. When I requested for a certain unit, the developer didn't even want to release it to me. Save your bull for somewhere else:doh:

darkseed73
09-09-13, 14:18
Since so many bro and sis comment abt this site think I will arrange to go down take a look.

Yes, vested interest in that area's development ehehehe

sillyme
09-09-13, 19:09
Since so many bro and sis comment abt this site think I will arrange to go down take a look.

Yes, vested interest in that area's development ehehehe

Thanks in advance. Kindly share with us your views on SW after your visit. I am vested too.:)

bargain hunter
10-09-13, 18:58
45 sold out of 150 launched units is not 95% leh. it is > 10% of the 420 units though.

akow
10-09-13, 21:45
45 sold out of 150 launched units is not 95% leh. it is > 10% of the 420 units though.

It's better than Kingsford HVP sales during the 1st weekend at end-Mar, HVP sold less than 40, at higher average $1350psf.
So lower average $1250psf for SkyWood helps a little.

Skywood is 500 m walking distance to Hillview MRT without covered walkway, defintely more than 8 minutes walk, not 5 min claimed by Skywood developer.

vovolversace
10-09-13, 21:52

45 sold out of 150 launched units sold.Miserable sales.:tongue3:

Wild Falcon
11-09-13, 14:58
I thought 45 units is preview sales as reported in the papers? Confused liao. So launch sold zero units.

bargain hunter
11-09-13, 22:31
newspaper said 35 last fri preview. then 5 each on sat and sun (i dunno that is still preview or not).

I thought 45 units is preview sales as reported in the papers? Confused liao. So launch sold zero units.

sillyme
11-09-13, 23:59
It's better than Kingsford HVP sales during the 1st weekend at end-Mar, HVP sold less than 40, at higher average $1350psf.
So lower average $1250psf for SkyWood helps a little.

Skywood is 500 m walking distance to Hillview MRT without covered walkway, defintely more than 8 minutes walk, not 5 min claimed by Skywood developer.

just curious, not that it is important, does Skywoods offer high ceilings like HVP's 3.35m typical ceiling height or 3.6m for penthouse?

Autumnwinds
12-09-13, 00:41
just curious, not that it is important, does Skywoods offer high ceilings like HVP's 3.35m typical ceiling height or 3.6m for penthouse?

If my memory serves me well, ground floor units are 5+m. All other typical units are 3.35m.

sillyme
12-09-13, 09:08
If my memory serves me well, ground floor units are 5+m. All other typical units are 3.35m.

5 plus m? wow. thanks for information. high ceiling is good. wish i had a 5+ m ceiling too, then i can do a loft. my 3.35m a bit tough to do loft with making it looking short. thanks again.

flagship74
12-09-13, 13:13
5 plus m? wow. thanks for information. high ceiling is good. wish i had a 5+ m ceiling too, then i can do a loft. my 3.35m a bit tough to do loft with making it looking short. thanks again.

hearsay 6.5m for ground floor:eek:

sillyme
12-09-13, 13:38
hearsay 6.5m for ground floor:eek:

咁犀利?well done

Wild Falcon
13-09-13, 16:10
So preview sold 35 units and launch sold 10 units? Dairy Farm so unpopular ar?

lajia
13-09-13, 22:07
i think price too high la...J gateway 1 bedder also 700K plus right? already ppl buy kana say siow already then here this kind of location also that kind of pricing??
what do u think...

flagship74
13-09-13, 23:11
i think price too high la...J gateway 1 bedder also 700K plus right? already ppl buy kana say siow already then here this kind of location also that kind of pricing??
what do u think...
i sink the pie are chip chip lah..:D:doh:

wt_know
13-09-13, 23:43
try to capitalise on Hillview
saying near Hillview MRT, near Hillview cluster of landed property, Hillview > rich people stay

Dairy Farm Road is not Hillview just like Upper Bukit Timah Road is not Bukit Timah Road (expensive condo)

mastrix
14-09-13, 00:05
try to capitalise on Hillview
saying near Hillview MRT, near Hillview cluster of landed property, Hillview > rich people stay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VLKVFrx8ag

darkseed73
16-09-13, 11:19
Took some time out and visited this place....was a total waste of time.

1) Plain design - really nothing to shout abt
2) Entrance is not grand....guard house by the side? seriously?
3) Over priced - i rather by "the glades"
4) Inferior items (FP fridge? Super small rooms? Horrible tiles)

Conclusion, if i want to stay near MRT - i will buy "the glades" this place sucks - for suckers only.

I feel sorry for those whom brought it.

iridrium
16-09-13, 15:41

Conclusion, if i want to stay near MRT - i will buy "the glades" this place sucks - for suckers only.

Avg pricing for this is $1,250psf and average pricing for Glade is $1450psf, so what are you comparing?

This is located in west and Glade is located in the east, so what are you comparing?

Maybe a more useful comparison if you are compare vis-a-visa Glade, like Glade provide superior item like ... as compared to Skywood who provide FP fridge... so that we all can get a better idea?

darkseed73
16-09-13, 16:28
Avg pricing for this is $1,250psf and average pricing for Glade is $1450psf, so what are you comparing?

This is located in west and Glade is located in the east, so what are you comparing?

Maybe a more useful comparison if you are compare vis-a-visa Glade, like Glade provide superior item like ... as compared to Skywood who provide FP fridge... so that we all can get a better idea?

Well, if i have 900k rather then paying 898k for a 2-br in skywoods, i would top up a bit more to buy the glades. (yes, i was quoted that both 2-br price. but from what i was quote the prices abt the same becos glades is a tad smaller but no big deal in my opinion).

U may think it's not an apple to apple, to me that area , that price is totally not worth looking at. Of course, I can compare Eco sanc, foresque etc but if u haven't brought that area, u have sort of miss the boat. Since u missed the boat, why force yourself on to the wagon? Look somewhere else lar or wait for a better boat comes along (if it ever happen)

If u really have to stay that area (for whatever reason) lol buy second hand, buy eco sanc, buy forest no need to compare as skywood is no where near 2013 standard.

It feels like a condo launch in 2008!! enough said.

That area have enough condos for you to choose from, no need to buy skywood.

flagship74
16-09-13, 18:30
Well, if i have 900k rather then paying 898k for a 2-br in skywoods, i would top up a bit more to buy the glades. (yes, i was quoted that both 2-br price. but from what i was quote the prices abt the same becos glades is a tad smaller but no big deal in my opinion).

U may think it's not an apple to apple, to me that area , that price is totally not worth looking at. Of course, I can compare Eco sanc, foresque etc but if u haven't brought that area, u have sort of miss the boat. Since u missed the boat, why force yourself on to the wagon? Look somewhere else lar or wait for a better boat comes along (if it ever happen)

If u really have to stay that area (for whatever reason) lol buy second hand, buy eco sanc, buy forest no need to compare as skywood is no where near 2013 standard.

maybe the potential buyers would think the way u thought leh!:tsk-tsk:

iridrium
16-09-13, 21:07

I must confess I have yet to cost both showflat.

But what you say here, you do know that I can say the same about Glade? I really don't think twoo bedder at Glade is only "a bit more" than Skywood. A equal size two bedder at 750sq ft is equivalent to $150k. Not "a bit" IMO.

Anyway, I respect your opinion but I hope you can share more insight to why glade is better in term of design, layout and furnishing.

Autumnwinds
16-09-13, 22:16

But what you say here, you do know that I can say the same about Glade? I really don't think twoo bedder at Glade is only "a bit more" than Skywood. A equal size two bedder at 750sq ft is equivalent to $150k. Not "a bit" IMO.

Anyway, I respect your opinion but I hope you can share more insight to why glade is better in term of design, layout and furnishing.

He means that the 2bedder in glades is slightly smaller in size, hence the difference is just a shade more...

Nighttrain
16-09-13, 22:34

My 2cent view..went to all the show flat and compare the price, facilities and location..best in price 3 house..facilities forest kill ..materials eco..location sky wood which is nearer to mrt..but most of the buyer which can afford a condo at this area, who need mrt to be near by..I only need coffee shop and market ..at night if hungry I need a coffee shop which can grab a quick bite. But at sky wood which is the most expensive condo launch right now , y dun u ppl cross the road and buy hill view ..u are nearer to mrt plus a shopping mall..lanai which is free hold also selling at $1400 pfs.. material which is much better, and design win hand down.. buying sky wood the only thing u get for free is the so call fin to block ur beautiful view .

Nighttrain
16-09-13, 22:39
My 2cent view..went to all the show flat and compare the price, facilities and location..best in price 3 house..facilities forest kill ..materials eco..location sky wood which is nearer to mrt..but most of the buyer which can afford a condo at this area, who need mrt to be near by..I only need coffee shop and market ..at night if hungry I need a coffee shop which can grab a quick bite. But at sky wood which is the most expensive condo launch right now , y dun u ppl cross the road and buy hill view ..u are nearer to mrt plus a shopping mall..lanai which is free hold also selling at $1400 pfs.. material which is much better, and design win hand down.. buying sky wood the only thing u get for free is the so call fin to block ur beautiful view .

another to add...if u stay in bt panjang , u will not take train to orchard rd..u will take 190 and 700 this 2 buses, will use p.i.e and exist steven rd and reach far east in 15min..

darkseed73
16-09-13, 22:55

At first i really didn't want to go such details but since u asked so nicely....

Btw I am solely talking abt 2-br becos I can't afford a penthouse. (yeah, i am not that rich)

1) Most Skywoods balcony are pointy, the few which aren't only have 1 bathroom. So it's either a 66sqm pointy balcony or 58sqm normal balcony with 1 bathroom whereas the glades design is much more "normal" and "usable"

2) The glades gives smegs and expensive equipments whereas skywoods gives u....electrolux and fisher & paykel? Oh, I particularly remember "The glades" washing machine is whirlpool with a big "Made in Italy".

3) Skywood developer try to smoke buyers with "customize" bed and ID tricks. At least Keppel didn't restort to that instead they provide "convertible" solutions for young buyers whom enjoy real innovations and solutions.

4) Although both gives homogenous tiles - Keppel ones looks more expensive - perhaps thats' why they call it "compress marble" whereas skywood developer didn't even try.

5) Wardrobe of skywoods masterbed room is too small and I really dislike this type of wardrobe with just metal bars and plastic hooks....looks really cheap.

Finally......the landscaping, the grand entrance (really I can IMAGINE how skywood entrance is like), facilities and branding - the glades is worth the extra psf.

Photogguy
16-09-13, 23:35

Everyone can say whatever they want, at the end of the day, they will be measured by others based on how credible their statements are.......

flagship74
17-09-13, 11:08
Everyone can say whatever they want, at the end of the day, they will be measured by others based on how credible their statements are.......

TCSS LAH..TAKE THAT AS A PINCH OF SALT. PEACE!!:rolleyes:

Wild Falcon
17-09-13, 22:47
I think no point comparing the Glades with Skywoods cos too far apart. One in far east with existing mrt and catering for those working in Changi Business Park. Skywoods is central west and near nature and future mrt. Closer to the city and future Jurong lake. And I really cannot understand why Singaporeans so easily impressed by brands. Just throw in a few made in Italy fridge and then easily impressed Liao. Most importantly is the fixtures provided are pragmatic. Brand name doesn't mean good. In buying property, don't stare the brand of the household item, it's not important. I'll rather buy myself than having the same fridge or whatever as every neighbour.

sillyme
18-09-13, 07:39
I think no point comparing the Glades with Skywoods cos too far apart. One in far east with existing mrt and catering for those working in Changi Business Park. Skywoods is central west and near nature and future mrt. Closer to the city and future Jurong lake. And I really cannot understand why Singaporeans so easily impressed by brands. Just throw in a few made in Italy fridge and then easily impressed Liao. Most importantly is the fixtures provided are pragmatic. Brand name doesn't mean good. In buying property, don't stare the brand of the household item, it's not important. I'll rather buy myself than having the same fridge or whatever as every neighbour.

I am looking forward to a comparison between Skywoods & Hillview Peak as they are closer (in location).

darkseed73
18-09-13, 10:35
I am looking forward to a comparison between Skywoods & Hillview Peak as they are closer (in location).

Ahaha I knew u will ask that if u realize I purposely not comparing "Skywood" with your estate ahahah

sillyme
18-09-13, 11:00
Ahaha I knew u will ask that if u realize I purposely not comparing "Skywood" with your estate ahahah

haha, you got me. I have not gone to the Skywoods show flat, so cannot make comparison. Even if i have gone to the SW show flat, I may still be unable to make a sound comparison. Hoping that you can help to make a comparison between the two. Thanks in advance. Regards.

henryhk
18-09-13, 12:16
haha, you got me. I have not gone to the Skywoods show flat, so cannot make comparison. Even if i have gone to the SW show flat, I may still be unable to make a sound comparison. Hoping that you can help to make a comparison between the two. Thanks in advance. Regards.
I last time always visit showflats though I have bought my unit...so tat I know the pricing and the competitors in my area..... so tat u can ready the market better, undertand the profile of the buyers now, got gain, no lose.....

sillyme
18-09-13, 18:42
I last time always visit showflats though I have bought my unit...so tat I know the pricing and the competitors in my area..... so tat u can ready the market better, undertand the profile of the buyers now, got gain, no lose.....

Thanks for the advice. I have intention to visit the showflats for SkyWoods but thought it would be better to learn from other views of our fellow forumers as I am seriously not too experienced at the moment or the near future. But many thanks for the advice, will visit more show flats to understand better :)

tahoo
19-09-13, 17:51
just came home from skywoods showroom
overall pricing (2/3/4 bedrooms) are higher than TH, ECO and FR
the selling point is near Hillview MRT because in terms of fittings, landscape, overall themes, etc is poorer compare the the 3 projects mentioned above
is 400-500m (7-10mins walk?) considered near MRT and priced as near MRT premium?
Visited the place a few days back. The agent shared that they have sold about 60 plus units. Noticed that they dun have a poster board (with stickers) to show you which units are left.

Overall, I felt that the price is at the high side. The tactic used was to show me all the prices @ level 2 (cheapest), then when i complained that price is really too high. Then they zoom into one 3-bedroom unit at mid-floor @ about $1320 psf.

Layout wise, there are quite some choices. Good layout. But bedrooms are rather small, merely can fit a queen size bed.

Location wise: Not really that near to Hill View MRT. To me it is going to be a long and dusty walk, because of the busy road.

Amenity wise: Nothing fantastic. You need a car or take a bus to nearby shopping complex or eateries.

Final Verdict: I walked out from the showflat feeling that I have wasted my trip.

flagship74
19-09-13, 19:00
Visited the place a few days back. The agent shared that they have sold about 60 plus units. Noticed that they dun have a poster board (with stickers) to show you which units are left.

Overall, I felt that the price is at the high side. The tactic used was to show me all the prices @ level 2 (cheapest), then when i complained that price is really too high. Then they zoom into one 3-bedroom unit at mid-floor @ about $1320 psf.

Layout wise, there are quite some choices. Good layout. But bedrooms are rather small, merely can fit a queen size bed.

Location wise: Not really that near to Hill View MRT. To me it is going to be a long and dusty walk, because of the busy road.

Amenity wise: Nothing fantastic. You need a car or take a bus to nearby shopping complex or eateries.

Final Verdict: I walked out from the showflat feeling that I have wasted my trip.

Likewise i went there too..but i feel it is a good buy!:eek:

Nighttrain
19-09-13, 22:46

Than did u buy 1or 2 unit for own stay???

darkseed73
19-09-13, 23:24

I would really like to know why is it a good buy. Please advise us.

lajia
22-09-13, 14:21
this is a mil dollar question which i also like to know why ppl are pouring into hillview and dairy farm area especially those beyond 13xx psf...
I would really like to know why is it a good buy. Please advise us.

star
22-09-13, 14:23
this is a mil dollar question which i also like to know why ppl are pouring into hillview and dairy farm area especially those beyond 13xx psf...

If $13xxpsf not worth it, better to buy sky vue at bishan.

lajia
22-09-13, 15:10
dont need to go so far....within the same district, you can find value buy of FH at 11XX and further more, better location in my opinion. so i really dont understand....if Im not wrong, they really have to crack their brains to come up with some brilliant ideas to sell these...if not, it will take a long time then expected. just my opinion, no offence. :2cents:

what % sold now?

Wild Falcon
30-09-13, 10:31
Upper bukit Timah is exclusively private and will be served by future MRT. And overall the area doesn't seem as crowded as HDB estates like Bishan. There are also a lot of freehold properties around with some old money in the area which somehow gives it a different laid back vibe.It is also near Bukit Timah nature reserve and the only primary forest left in Singapore - real nature. Bishan area is all 99LH and surrounded by HDB flats. As I say, its up to the individual. But to compare Dairy Farm or Hillview with no HDB flats, i.e. freehold districts with Bishan is like apple and cheese. Obviously, there is no HDB upgrader catchment which probably explains the lower sales in the area. But frankly, I would rather the place stays low density.

iridrium
30-09-13, 11:03
Upper bukit Timah is exclusively private and will be served by future MRT. And overall the area doesn't seem as crowded as HDB estates like Bishan. There are also a lot of freehold properties around with some old money in the area which somehow gives it a different laid back vibe.It is also near Bukit Timah nature reserve and the only primary forest left in Singapore - real nature. Bishan area is all 99LH and surrounded by HDB flats. As I say, its up to the individual. But to compare Dairy Farm or Hillview with no HDB flats, i.e. freehold districts with Bishan is like apple and cheese. Obviously, there is no HDB upgrader catchment which probably explains the lower sales in the area. But frankly, I would rather the place stays low density.

It is all in the matter of individual preference and lifestyle choices lah. That is why there are so many different condo and different locality. To say which is better than which is very hard unless you have some agreed benchmark.

sillyme
30-09-13, 14:00

Hi, Wild Falcon. I agree with you wholeheartedly. It was the quiet and peacefulness which attracted me to HVP. I am looking forward to stay there. Folks who preferred Dairy Farm or Hillview would not prefer Bishan and vice versa. Dairy Farm, Hillview and Bishan iare nice in its own way but basically different.

akow
30-09-13, 14:35

Fr investor perspective, both Skywood and Kingsford lease-hold project are over-priced as developers sell at Future pricing.Adjacent free-hold resale condo which is even nearer to Hillview MRT shows most recent resale transactions at average $1100psf. From the database, the sell-out rate for HVP is about 27% after 6 months since initial launch in Mar. For own stay, it's different criterias due to individual prefered choices. Again Hillview area is legend of condo, simply too many condos to choose from.

yowetan
30-09-13, 18:45
Hi, Wild Falcon. I agree with you wholeheartedly. It was the quiet and peacefulness which attracted me to HVP. I am looking forward to stay there. Folks who preferred Dairy Farm or Hillview would not prefer Bishan and vice versa. Dairy Farm, Hillview and Bishan iare nice in its own way but basically different.

Hi... I find it is contradicting.

You have a hill v2 that will be populated with many foreigners when this mixed development is up.

Traffic congestion, noise and smoke will be apparent. Now, it is contradicting your tranquility expectation!

In short, kingsford a Chinese mill developer is greedy and over price this project. Also with so much defects running around these years expect more from Chinese for they are known in cost cutting measure! It does adds up when the take up rate is pathetic.

Good luck to your tranquility and 'hope' of capital appreciation. The opposite hillview park condo with FH status set to be gaining more than your HVP.

sillyme
30-09-13, 19:53
Hi... I find it is contradicting.

You have a hill v2 that will be populated with many foreigners when this mixed development is up.

Traffic congestion, noise and smoke will be apparent. Now, it is contradicting your tranquility expectation!

In short, kingsford a Chinese mill developer is greedy and over price this project. Also with so much defects running around these years expect more from Chinese for they are known in cost cutting measure! It does adds up when the take up rate is pathetic.

Good luck to your tranquility and 'hope' of capital appreciation. The opposite hillview park condo with FH status set to be gaining more than your HVP.

thanks for your well wishes. think a mix of foreigners is good for any living area (unless you are implying that they are noisy, which i doubt so). i am not too worried abut traffic congestion (i don't drive and my unit is facing the camp), same for noise and smoke. I am neutral towards Chinese personnel or any "foreigners". If the opposite Hillview Park condo is gaining more, i will be happy for them as they had the foresight of buying into the area early. i am buying HVP to stay on my own (one person in my small 517 sqf area), no one or dog to share. :p

yowetan
30-09-13, 22:48
thanks for your well wishes. think a mix of foreigners is good for any living area (unless you are implying that they are noisy, which i doubt so). i am not too worried abut traffic congestion (i don't drive and my unit is facing the camp), same for noise and smoke. I am neutral towards Chinese personnel or any "foreigners". If the opposite Hillview Park condo is gaining more, i will be happy for them as they had the foresight of buying into the area early. i am buying HVP to stay on my own (one person in my small 517 sqf area), no one or dog to share. :p

Mt Sinai is also flooded with too many foreigners now.

Autumnwinds
01-10-13, 00:39

Bro sillyme. Why a one bedder? Any plans to expand your family?

sillyme
01-10-13, 05:06
Bro sillyme. Why a one bedder? Any plans to expand your family?

No plan to expand a family, hence the one bedder. 8) easier to take care too when the space not too big. Also more affordable though psf higher relatively.

sillyme
01-10-13, 08:07
Mt Sinai is also flooded with too many foreigners now.

Positively, though I am no expert, shouldn't the presence of foreigners at Mount Sinai meant foreigners liked the area to either buy or rent an unit there? With you & your family moving in, you would have increased the local presence there, balancing things a bit. One day when I free, I will travel there to take a look.

Photogguy
02-10-13, 06:34
Positively, though I am no expert, shouldn't the presence of foreigners at Mount Sinai meant foreigners liked the area to either buy or rent an unit there? With you & your family moving in, you would have increased the local presence there, balancing things a bit. One day when I free, I will travel there to take a look.

Couple + 2 kids + Pair of PIL + Pair of Parents + BIL + Dog in a spacious 2-bedder......must be very nice and cosy.....for property Guru Mr YT....but he may have other kind of indoor congestion like toilet congestion-lah....the Singapore pioneer in Hongkongnisation in Mt Sinai...

yowetan
02-10-13, 06:54
Couple + 2 kids + Pair of PIL + Pair of Parents + BIL + Dog in a spacious 2-bedder......must be very nice and cosy.....for property Guru Mr YT....but he may have other kind of indoor congestion like toilet congestion-lah....the Singapore pioneer in Hongkongnisation in Mt Sinai...

Hi...I do have a plan to write a book on my Mt Sinai path.

This book will probably shut the mouth(s) of many millionaire(s) in this forum.

henryhk
02-10-13, 07:02
Hi...I do have a plan to write a book on my Mt Sinai path.

This book will probably shut the mouth(s) of many millionaire(s) in this forum.

I tink u have the biggest mouth lei, criticizing non-stop for no valid reasons....why not u write a book to shut yourself first...sour grapes who MTB.

$2COE
08-10-13, 01:42
does anyone know how to check if the nearby plots of land have been bidded?

lajia
09-10-13, 19:48
Under URA website u should get the info.

does anyone know how to check if the nearby plots of land have been bidded?

Lightslash
24-12-13, 21:55
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1gkgKgKJHGQ/UrlX8D1VQTI/AAAAAAAACUY/e2axZ2F-c1c/s400/Feature+Property.JPG

Are you waiting for the new launch Jurong West condo (http://www.urproperty.sg/2013/12/singapore-jurong-lake-district.html) ? There will be an upcoming new development with close proximity to Lakeside MRT developed by MCL Land Limited. This will be a great opportunity to own a unit next to many major development in Jurong West like Jems, Jcube, west gate just like J-Gateway.

Learn more about it in Singapore Master plan 2013 at http://www.urproperty.sg/2013/12/singapore-jurong-lake-district.html

Register Your interest early to get any up to date information by Calling or SMS <JurongMcL> to 91259978

johnmathews
08-01-14, 19:00
Waiting eagerly for the New launch development in Jurong West..thanks for the share...!!

The Riverbank Condo At Fernvale (http://www.riverbanknewlaunch.com/)

chueec
14-02-14, 12:02
Just passed by the show room, saw the car park packed with cars. This is unusual. Any idea what's happening? The develpoer dangling carrots?:confused:

yesnomaybe
01-03-14, 06:17
http://www.new-singapore-property.com/uploads/1/4/6/5/14656248/4618548_orig.jpg

Please call me at 91087536 Raymond to RSVP for this champagne brunch event on 9th March next Sunday.

$2COE
10-04-14, 18:34
Hi,

Would like to seek advice with the seasoned property gurus here. If you have bought a property and the developer offer 5% more discount in the next few weeks - is there anything you can/ would do to cushion the impact?

azeoprop
10-04-14, 20:32
Offering extra 8% discount. Still quite pricy though. :rolleyes:

http://www.skywoods.com.sg/star-buy/

$2COE
11-04-14, 09:03
Offering extra 8% discount. Still quite pricy though. :rolleyes:

http://www.skywoods.com.sg/star-buy/

Yah..if you are one of the few who bought earlier - would they usually protect your interest and rebate something or it's gonna be tough? Any early buyers here who didn't benefit from the extra discount?

azeoprop
11-04-14, 09:45
I don't think they will refund the difference. The price in the s&P agreement would be final. Unless there is a clause that they will refund if they sell at lower price next time. :beats-me-man:

darkseed73
14-04-14, 13:36
Hi,

Would like to seek advice with the seasoned property gurus here. If you have bought a property and the developer offer 5% more discount in the next few weeks - is there anything you can/ would do to cushion the impact?

Nope, nothing u can do abt it.

Btw, the entrance of this place is horrible. (not to mention the facade)

What push you into buying it, I really wonder.

august
14-04-14, 13:58

ok what, quite nice. What is so horrible.

darkseed73
14-04-14, 17:31
ok what, quite nice. What is so horrible.

LOL, the guard house is at one side AFTER the gate. So u have to let car come in then screen them?

That is ok? I think it sucks.

And it's not grand at all, even EC have better looking entrance.

Guest, come your place first impression would be "cheapskate" feel

chueec
15-04-14, 23:37
LOL, the guard house is at one side AFTER the gate. So u have to let car come in then screen them?

That is ok? I think it sucks.

And it's not grand at all, even EC have better looking entrance.

Guest, come your place first impression would be "cheapskate" feel

You planted 3 dark seeds in your nearby neighbour garden. The dark trees will grow and one day cross pollinate with your garden trees and produce 70 darker trees in our Eco friendly garden.

Total = 73 dark trees. :simmering:

$2COE
16-04-14, 21:07

Actually times like this you really appreciate those developers who can hold. At least they don't create this type of tension with e early buyers. Says a lot about this developer. Heard that a nearby development offered the discount to their early buyers in view of their price revision.

akow
17-04-14, 09:40
Actually times like this you really appreciate those developers who can hold. At least they don't create this type of tension with e early buyers. Says a lot about this developer. Heard that a nearby development offered the discount to their early buyers in view of their price revision.

Which nearby development that does price revision?

azeoprop
17-04-14, 11:24
Hillview peak? :rolleyes:

hyenergix
17-04-14, 17:17
Hi,

Time will heal your pain.

$2COE
22-04-14, 11:43
Time will heal your pain.

Haha. Nice one!

Seems like more people will need to start healing with the revised prices for sky habitat etc. Anything with 'sky' seems to be bringing more pain than joy. :doh:

nydeidith
12-05-14, 12:52
i think this project is in serious trouble...only less than 20% sold...even if the developer start to offer huge discount.....i wonder if there will be buyers? :doh:

wt_know
12-05-14, 15:23
if i am not mistaken the launch price is $1350psf or close to $1400psf
at this price ... there are plenty of choices
besides, skywoods location is far from good

i think this project is in serious trouble...only less than 20% sold...even if the developer start to offer huge discount.....i wonder if there will be buyers? :doh:

iridrium
12-05-14, 17:51

If that is your definition of trouble, then a lot of projects are in serious trouble. I think a lot of these developers have strong balance sheet and able to hold their prices for a while before they will run into credit trouble.

For me, I just enjoying the show.:cheers1:

akow
13-05-14, 11:28
Serious trouble when there is significant interest rate rise, or economic recession.
For foreign developer, they are given up to 2 years from TOP to sell all units under the singapore law. No hurry.

Wait for hillview MRT to open in 2016, by then no one will say $1300psf is expensive.
But without covered walkway from Skywood to Hillview station, it's difficult for many to walk 600 metres under hot sun.

l1127
08-08-14, 20:43
Quite a nice location. Quiet and peaceful. Units facing bukit timah is selling fast.

l1127
08-08-14, 20:47

Construction progress

darkseed73
10-09-14, 14:10
Quite a nice location. Quiet and peaceful. Units facing bukit timah is selling fast.

Well, I still hate the guardhouse placement.

No matter what, it's very HDB design nothing fantastic for the price it's asking.

l1127
16-09-14, 19:23
Which condo would you recommend?

l1127
16-09-14, 19:26
Well, I still hate the guardhouse placement.

No matter what, it's very HDB design nothing fantastic for the price it's asking.

darkseed73
24-09-14, 14:32

Really depends what u looking for and your budget.

I am not a house agent so I have no interest in selling u house or recommending but if u really seeking advice u will need to provide more info.

xox
24-09-14, 16:51
Skywoods highly recommended. A simple question most ppl w ask: is it near mrt? Answer is yep for Skywoods but not for Foresque, TreeHouse and Eco Sanctuary.

Also, it's much more quieter if that is what u desire.

It doesn't take much to know it doesn't look like HDB. Out of these 4, Eco probably look more like EC.

Skywoods is the closest to Bukit Timah reservoir. And no expressway in front of your block.

Best choice!!!

xox
24-09-14, 16:52
Skywoods highly recommended. A simple question most ppl w ask: is it near mrt? Answer is yep for Skywoods but not for Foresque, TreeHouse and Eco Sanctuary.

It doesn't take much to know it doesn't look like HDB. Out of these 4, Eco probably look more like EC.

Skywoods is the closest to Bukit Timah reservoir. And no expressway in front of your block.

Best choice!!!

darkseed73
24-09-14, 17:25

Best choice!!!

Luckily, ppl are not blind. They can see the design and judge for themselves.

Why buy skywoods with that price if u want near MRT buy, sky habitat or other condos which are more iconic.

Maybe u can ask the developer why the guard house is AFTER the gates huh? What kind of security is trying to provide since it's the best of all 4 condos. lol

xox
24-09-14, 18:03
Well, do allow me to explain. The guardhouse. Similar concept with hotel lobby. What u r seeing as after the gates is actually the lobby.

I believe Eco Sanctuary is too copying Skywoods with the guardhouse location. Dun be bias friend!!

sunrise
24-09-14, 19:48

Best choice!!!

Yesterday you condemn dairy area got lot of Mosquitos how come you still recommend that area? You like to talk cock so much, sound like salesperson.

l1127
24-09-14, 20:40
Out of the 4, eco gives the best interior. It is also seems to be the most spacious as it only has 3 blocks.

If you prefer a quiet location, Skywoods perhaps is the choice. Hard to find condos in ORC that is located in a quiet and peaceful area.

If you loves trees at your residence, tree house is the top pick. Plentiful and beautiful landscaping, also has the highest vertical garden. But tree house friends say maintenance fee is on the high side.

darkseed73
25-09-14, 17:27
Out of the 4, eco gives the best interior. It is also seems to be the most spacious as it only has 3 blocks.

If you prefer a quiet location, Skywoods perhaps is the choice. Hard to find condos in ORC that is located in a quiet and peaceful area.

If you loves trees at your residence, tree house is the top pick. Plentiful and beautiful landscaping, also has the highest vertical garden. But tree house friends say maintenance fee is on the high side.

Let me provide my view

If u want to buy tree house or forest means u have to take subsale units. Somehow I get a bit unbalance when the guy staying next door pay $500-600 psf and I pay $1000 psf. That's why tree house and forest is history to me, i won't consider subsale normally.

This left Eco and Skywoods which both still selling and building. This is also why I only compare these 2 becos both of them are still selling.

I have no reason to dislike Skywoods or favour Eco becos I have brought my unit and I brought it with my reasons (without the need to justify my purchase)

It just irk me when ppl try to provide misinformation to brother and sisters of this forum that make me want to step up and say something.

dare2
25-09-14, 22:36

Best choice!!!

Why need to stay near MRT when one drive? Why need MRT when there is Shuttle service? There is always alternatives.....Looks like a long walk to bus stops for Skywood and MRT is not like at your doorstep.....what ever it is you sound like an agent trying to marginalize other development...first condemn the area for dengue....now suggest the rest are far from MRT....FYI the other 3 has buses running straight to Orchard and Toa Payoh ....taking around 20-30 minutes depending on traffic....of course during peak....cars also take longer to get to your destination.....good luck to your sales...hope it picks up soon....

dare2
25-09-14, 22:42
Let me provide my view

If u want to buy tree house or forest means u have to take subsale units. Somehow I get a bit unbalance when the guy staying next door pay $500-600 psf and I pay $1000 psf. That's why tree house and forest is history to me, i won't consider subsale normally.

This left Eco and Skywoods which both still selling and building. This is also why I only compare these 2 becos both of them are still selling.

I have no reason to dislike Skywoods or favour Eco becos I have brought my unit and I brought it with my reasons (without the need to justify my purchase)

It just irk me when ppl try to provide misinformation to brother and sisters of this forum that make me want to step up and say something.

...hahha I know its a personal choice to want a new house over resale, but your logic of feeling "unbalance" having neighbours paying 40-50% lower than you in the same development....is ironic in the sense that you are now paying 50-60% more but still in the same neighbourhood ......

wt_know
25-09-14, 23:01
skywood can walk to MRT, sure or not? sibei far leh more like cycle & park the bike at mrt ...

l1127
26-09-14, 19:52
skywood can walk to MRT, sure or not? sibei far leh more like cycle & park the bike at mrt ...

Can walk. About 5 - 8 min. Distance just like walking from marriot to paragon.

Photogguy
26-09-14, 20:22

...so how is the maintenance of Tree House compared to Eco, Foresque and your Skywood or for the matter other comparable condos like Mi casa etc?
No figures for comparison and you are proclaiming Tree House maintenance high??????? ....you sound like another agent ....

Jem
26-09-14, 22:00
Can walk. About 5 - 8 min. Distance just like walking from marriot to paragon.

It's very far. 5 mins not possible. More like 12 to 15 mins on normal pace.

l1127
27-09-14, 10:23
Go to the downtown-line.blogspot.sg. http://downtown-line.blogspot.sg/2014/09/hillview.html

Your can have a better idea how far Skywoods is away from the hillview mrt.
Take a look at the 4th photo. Skywoods is the construction on the right, the mrt station is near the church.

The walking path beside Dairy Farm Estate, trees are lined along the walkway. It is shaded by the trees.

Jem
27-09-14, 12:19
Go to the downtown-line.blogspot.sg. http://downtown-line.blogspot.sg/2014/09/hillview.html

Your can have a better idea how far Skywoods is away from the hillview mrt.
Take a look at the 4th photo. Skywoods is the construction on the right, the mrt station is near the church.

The walking path beside Dairy Farm Estate, trees are lined along the walkway. It is shaded by the trees.

Oh didn't know there's blog for DTL. I sure hope it'll be completed sooner than later~

Thee aerial view does make Skywoods look near, but I drive past the site nearly everyday so it's much further to me. Plus heading back it will still be a slop up albeit a rather gentle one. Again when it comes to walking distance men and women always feel differently. Make up, heels... U get the drift :p

xox
27-09-14, 16:47
I have always been very upfront with my clients. There are many things in life nobody can guarantee, but based on my years of experience, I can pretty much assure buyers of Skywoods that among these 4 developments (ES, TH, FR, Skywoods), Skywoods will have the greatest upswing in valuation.

Location, location and location! Good price for now. I had walked myself to Hillview, abt 5-10 min. Easy stroll within nature and under beautiful foliage.

Anyway, Skywoods units are flying off the shelf so to speak as buyers can see and think for themselves.

sunrise
27-09-14, 16:52
I have always been very upfront with my clients. There are many things in life nobody can guarantee, but based on my years of experience, I can pretty much assure buyers of Skywoods that among these 4 developments (ES, TH, FR, Skywoods), Skywoods will have the greatest upswing in valuation.

Location, location and location! Good price for now. I had walked myself to Hillview, abt 5-10 min. Easy stroll within nature and under beautiful foliage.

Anyway, Skywoods units are flying off the shelf so to speak as buyers can see and think for themselves.

The more I look at it the more it looks like an army barrack, it be perfect if it is painted green.

Photogguy
27-09-14, 17:14

hahaha upswing based on its selling price????....you must be joking.....I will never consider buying from an agent with such skewed projection. Skywood is neither here nor there, not near enough to MRT and seemingly too near to necessitate a shuttle service.....

xox
27-09-14, 22:47
hahaha upswing based on its selling price????....you must be joking.....I will never consider buying from an agent with such skewed projection. Skywood is neither here nor there, not near enough to MRT and seemingly too near to necessitate a shuttle service.....

Well buddy, it's in comparison among the four development in that area. "Neither here nor there" in your response applies to all. But yet, looking at URA's plan, no other site is available that is as close to the MRT as Skywoods. And when that area begins to develop, Skywoods residents will reap the benefits.

Photogguy
28-09-14, 13:34
.....and you say you are involved in all developments there...I pity those who enlist you an agent, agents who are actively engaged in forums are unethical as they have vested interests.....

darkseed73
02-10-14, 14:35
Well, do allow me to explain. The guardhouse. Similar concept with hotel lobby. What u r seeing as after the gates is actually the lobby.

I believe Eco Sanctuary is too copying Skywoods with the guardhouse location. Dun be bias friend!!

9245 - Eco S.

9246 - Skywood

U look at these 2 gates and u tell me same concept? Honest agent? I highly doubt.

Look at the gantry alone ppl can figure out that Skywood's guardhouse is AFTER the gantry.

Since Eco S. project starts first how can u claim Eco S. copy skywood? Obviously u are lieing in board day like.

I actually didn't want to response to you but after seeing what u say to others. I really cannot tahan you.

xox
06-10-14, 17:05
Wow! This long weekend sales of Skywoods practically shooting off the roof. Congrats to all new owners who understand and appreciate its superb value with respect to its location.

If any readers out there who is still on the fence pondering if this is the right development for you - act now before its all gone!

piggy43
06-10-14, 17:28
How many units moved? Price drop?

This Skywoods per URA site as @ August cumulative units sold is 130 out of 420 with 290 units remaining.

Wow! This long weekend sales of Skywoods practically shooting off the roof. Congrats to all new owners who understand and appreciate its superb value with respect to its location.

If any readers out there who is still on the fence pondering if this is the right development for you - act now before its all gone!

henryhk
06-10-14, 18:48
How many units moved? Price drop?

This Skywoods per URA site as @ August cumulative units sold is 130 out of 420 with 290 units remaining.

Must be announcement of the downtown line ready in 1st quarter of 2016 excite the potential buyers, and also the reasonable pricing also help.... wat is the new psf ah?

Photogguy
06-10-14, 22:27
z
Must be announcement of the downtown line ready in 1st quarter of 2016 excite the potential buyers, and also the reasonable pricing also help.... wat is the new psf ah?

...and you take an anonymous agent's words seriously?

l1127
21-10-14, 02:43
Hear also that the sale are moving. 2 bedder only left with 5 units and bukit timah facing units are selling fast. But ura site shows 111 units sold.

l1127
26-11-14, 12:52
The show room along petir road is closed. Where is the new show room and when will it open?

l1127
26-11-14, 12:53
It show room along petir road is closed. Where is the new show room?

l1127
11-01-15, 13:28
New show flat along dairy farm crescent, next to upper bukit timah road. Opening soon.

l1127
13-02-15, 21:55
Construction update.

l1127
14-02-15, 10:39
Update.

ck73
06-03-15, 21:08
See the fengshui illustration by a FS master on The Skywoods (case study #31). It stated residents would enjoy good fengshui for health and wealth. Interesting read just to share here.

http://knowyourlifestory.blogspot.sg/p/case-studies-on-property-selection.html

gennote
08-03-15, 16:42
Thank you ck73, that's very interesting.

l1127
15-03-15, 19:08
Any difference between the old and new show flat?

ck73
21-03-15, 21:59
The Skywoods moved 23 units in February and top 2nd of the 5 most popular condos in February reported by propertyguru. I overheard the project sold more than 50 units since the new showflat opened in Feb 15. It seem that the project is performing well (with its good location and near future MRT) and have began to attract buyers despite the cooling measures are still intact.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2015/3/87988/5-most-popular-condos-in-february-

nydeidith
21-03-15, 22:29
The Skywoods moved 23 units in February and top 2nd of the 5 most popular condos in February reported by propertyguru. I overheard the project sold more than 50 units since the new showflat opened in Feb 15. It seem that the project is performing well (with its good location and near future MRT) and have began to attract buyers despite the cooling measures are still intact.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2015/3/87988/5-most-popular-condos-in-february-

They drop the price mah go look at URA caveats you can see the price transacted for recent sales 100-200 psf cheaper than those bought at the beginning. The price they are selling now is more realistic so not surprised more ppl willing to consider. Just hope they build properly and not try to get their profit back through 'saving' on the building quality. This developer like not much track record one leh.

l1127
21-03-15, 23:55
Nowadays, regardless of developers, just has to pray hard they will do a good job. Based on some of the posts on other condos, many have written not so positive stuffs when they recieve their keys.

bargain hunter
22-03-15, 00:59
http://www.theskywoods.com/?m=developer

some details here.

i had been to hock lian seng's egm when they were seeking to move into residential property development then. at that time, mr chua leong hai assured us that he had vast experience developing residential properties privately dating back to 1987.

king wan and TA's experience is shown on the page above.

l1127
22-03-15, 12:52
1 and 2 bedder are sold out. 2 bedder only left with penthouse units. For the rest, most of the units facing bukit timah reserve are sold.

khneo
04-04-15, 10:25
Construction progress

khneo
04-04-15, 12:33
GESS new campus (next to The Skywoods)

http://youtu.be/EgoiAIZ50Lc

bargain hunter
04-04-15, 20:56
how many sold liao?

l1127
05-04-15, 12:05
Based on URA website, as of Feb 2015, 205 units sold. Typical 1 and 2 bedder all sold out, only left with 2 bedder penthouse. For the rest, most units facing Bukit Timah nature reserve are sold. Quite a nice and quiet surroundings. Area is surrounded by condo and GCB.

l1127
05-04-15, 12:08
Does it matter if international school is near?

MrTan
05-04-15, 12:30
Does it matter if international school is near?

Matters to expats, not locals. So got impact on rental/resale opportunities to non locals.

bargain hunter
05-04-15, 18:46
but heard that sales continued to be strong in mar? is that true?

Based on URA website, as of Feb 2015, 205 units sold. Typical 1 and 2 bedder all sold out, only left with 2 bedder penthouse. For the rest, most units facing Bukit Timah nature reserve are sold. Quite a nice and quiet surroundings. Area is surrounded by condo and GCB.

Hillier
07-04-15, 17:26
Saw some units advertised in PG going for 1300+ psf at The Hillier. Just wondering Skywoods 5-10mins walk away from MRT/crowd is better to offer serene living.

bargain hunter
07-04-15, 19:45
that's true for some of us (including me), but u can see from the yishun craze, pple r very very keen to pay > 1300psf to be very very near mrt.

Saw some units advertised in PG going for 1300+ psf at The Hillier. Just wondering Skywoods 5-10mins walk away from MRT/crowd is better to offer serene living.

l1127
07-04-15, 19:59
Yishun one got to see the train, bonus.

MrTan
07-04-15, 20:36
sight. sound. scent.

gennote
08-04-15, 21:14
GESS new campus (next to The Skywoods)

http://youtu.be/EgoiAIZ50Lc

Thanks khneo! Don't recall any agent mentioned this before or talked about in this or other thread for property in this area.

ck73
12-04-15, 15:34
Last heard Skywoods sold >56% of units todate. The selling rate looks set to pick up some speed despite the CM environment.

bargain hunter
12-04-15, 16:35
thanks for the update!

Last heard Skywoods sold >56% of units todate. The selling rate looks set to pick up some speed despite the CM environment.

Kelonguni
12-04-15, 16:46

Highly commendable and very much on track.

khneo
15-04-15, 12:52
Developer's Sale for the month of March 2015

Kelonguni
15-04-15, 12:55
Developer's Sale for the month of March 2015

Thanks for sharing. Prices have indeed come down significantly.

To buy now or to wait? That is the question.

khneo
15-04-15, 13:03
Top 4 for the month of March 2015

gennote
02-05-15, 22:41
Anyone has pics to share? :)

l1127
03-05-15, 13:23
Week 1 of April.

l1127
03-05-15, 13:33
Expected TOP is Dec 2016. Based on the construction progress, seems quite fast, likely to be earlier at June 2016. All 6 blocks already built to full height of 15 floors.

Only left with 3 and 4 bedders.

l1127
03-05-15, 13:34
Any one got pictures of the new show flat at diary farm crescent?

khneo
03-05-15, 15:47
Construction progress

gennote
03-05-15, 16:58
Thanks l1127 and khneo! That was fast :) How did you guys manage to get those shots?

darkseed73
05-05-15, 15:07
can't wait to see the "Grand Entrance" of this condo.

Duckie
08-05-15, 20:37
Just bought a unit.
Is there a Facebook or forum for owners to be kept updated on progress of project?

My agent says will be ready before June 16?

henryhk
09-05-15, 11:50
Just bought a unit.
Is there a Facebook or forum for owners to be kept updated on progress of project?

Congrats to u... With the hillview station ready next year , is more convenient , ... I last time stay at summerhill, no mrt not so convenient, I am optimistic with the new convenience and the connection to the rest of Singapore

l1127
12-05-15, 19:58

Construction Progress: May, Week 1

humch
12-05-15, 20:09
just created a skywoods community page

https://www.facebook.com/groups/984264054920188/

humch
12-05-15, 20:11
Just bought a unit.

Just created a skywoods community page

https://www.facebook.com/groups/984264054920188/

ck73
21-05-15, 16:20
Latest update that The Skywoods is now 62% SOLD. Balance 161 units on sale. Pretty good I would say.

Kelonguni
21-05-15, 16:31
Latest update that The Skywoods is now 62% SOLD. Balance 161 units on sale. Pretty good I would say.

Yes, in April and May several high quantum units lodged.

MrTan
21-05-15, 16:35

Due to discounts, price reductions and star buy promotion?

khneo
21-06-15, 11:32
Construction progress

wt_know
21-06-15, 13:43
some agent claim walking distance to Hillview MRT ... is it really possible?
10-15mins also very hard to achieve and it's a very very long walk and it's a main street

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2vl1idy.jpg

sunrise
21-06-15, 14:45
10-15mins also very hard to achieve and it's a very very long walk and it's a main street

The road is incline, walking up and down do have different timings. It also depend on which age group you fall into. Not a place for retiree.

wt_know
21-06-15, 20:25
walking time depends on different age group and different pace - ok fair enough
but a sweeping statement of walking distance to MRT (5+ mins) is really unwarranted
it's really really FAR !

satrap75
21-06-15, 21:41
I think the walk is at least 15 min from the side gate to the Hillview MRT Southbound Entrance. I would say the distance is neither near nor far but at least walkable. If the person is not in a rush, and has time for leisure walk. The walk to the MRT is alright.

Hopefully, with the school up in the near future, there will be a bus ploughing or walkway shelter along Dairy Farm Road.

walking time depends on different age group and different pace - ok fair enough
but a sweeping statement of walking distance to MRT (5+ mins) is really unwarranted
it's really really FAR !

l1127
24-06-15, 00:34
I think 10 minutes will do. It is not so far from the station. You may take a look at the photo posted on the downtown line blog - http://downtown-line.blogspot.sg/2015/02/hillview-flyover-works.html

The building with cranes at the top centre of the photo is Skywoods.

For 15 minutes, likely you may be able to walk to Treehouse and Ecosanctuary.

dare2
03-07-15, 09:43
The road is incline, walking up and down do have different timings. It also depend on which age group you fall into. Not a place for retiree.
If you look at Diary Farm......is the end block not walkable to their entrance? Its about the same distance from Skywood to the MRT. Singaporean are getting too lazy...

sctcmc
03-07-15, 23:50
Why I couldnt see I the images?

Nighttrain
04-07-15, 23:44
Why I couldnt see I the images?

Good luck to the buyer

sctcmc
05-07-15, 00:44
I can't see the images send by khneo.
can someone update some pucs on the construction progress? TIA.

humch
07-07-15, 19:32
I can't see the images send by khneo.
can someone update some pucs on the construction progress? TIA.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/skywoods/

We have created a facebook page for skywoods community and there are a few updates inside.

sctcmc
08-07-15, 17:39
Thanks Humch!

Zed Sid
20-07-15, 10:32

I think it does take 6mins or so from Skywoods side entrance to Hillview MRT Entrance A. The other way round should be slower for most who are athletically disinclined.

https://www.google.com.sg/maps/dir/1.3645892,103.7717862/1.3629787,103.7679764/@1.3574591,103.7700872,859a,20y,41.48t/data=!3m1!1e3

khneo
25-07-15, 17:21
Construction Progress

https://www.flickr.com/photos/132353903@N06/shares/56s4Q5

ck73
07-08-15, 15:24
Just got updated 70% sold for The Skywoods. Final 127 units to go...sales seem steady in current market sentiment. Hillview MRT operationalize come Dec 15 might push sales up a little.

henryhk
07-08-15, 18:18
Just got updated 70% sold for The Skywoods. Final 127 units to go...sales seem steady in current market sentiment. Hillview MRT operationalize come Dec 15 might push sales up a little.

I expect another 50 units increase in sales, last minute shopping befo mrt comes, haha

Ejohanna
14-09-15, 13:26
According to the developer I spoke with, they are targeting TOP by May 2016.