PDA

View Full Version : Paya Lebar Airport impact

Ringo33
18-08-13, 22:00
Big news on airport. What do you think will be the impact of residential properties in that area? For sure, aircraft noise will be history in 30 years time. What about plot ratio?

AFAIK, those land around the airport are for commercial usage, will that change?

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9306/i50c.jpg

mcmlxxvi
18-08-13, 22:08
Anything near and bounded by defu, tampines rd and old tampines rd and tampines ave 10 huuaaaaaaat arhhh!!!

Now we know why wing tai choose to launch Tembusu during this period.

dtrax
18-08-13, 22:09
A new military airbase and a fourth runway will be built at Changi East, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said in his National Day Rally speech on Sunday.

Paya Lebar Airbase will be moved there later on. This will free up an area bigger than Bishan and Toa Payoh - around 800 ha - for new homes, offices, and factories.

Relocating the airbase also removes height restrictions around Paya Lebar and frees up the authorities to develop new and exciting plans for the eastern part of Singapore.

PM Lee also touched on other bold plans that are in progress.

These include building a new port in Tuas which is bigger and more efficient than current facilities, to maintain the country's premier position as one of the world's leading ports.

All container ports in Tanjong Pagar, Keppel, Brani and Pasir Panjang will be moved there when leases expire from 2027.

This will also free up prime land in Tanjong Pagar, where a new southern waterfront city will be built. Occupying a space of about 1,000 ha, or 2.5 times the size of Marina Bay, it will stretch from Shenton Way to Pasir Panjang.

There will also be a fifth terminal at Changi Airport, to double its current capacity.

PM Lee said the plans were examples of how Singapore needs to think and plan for the future.

"If we can carry off these plans, we will not have to worry about running out of space or possibilities in Singapore," he said.

VS
18-08-13, 22:13
Building height limits will be raised around the area!! Enbloc wave is coming back.

JAFCO
18-08-13, 22:14
This will really bring back the paya lebar like it was in the good old days.....

GIG
18-08-13, 22:14
Land oversupply....don't expect much on price increase.

Ringo33
18-08-13, 22:16
So many land will be made available in the next 15 to 30 years, so I guess 6.9m will become a reality by then.

azeoprop
18-08-13, 22:16
No wonder developers bid so high for those plots in tampines ave 10. If the air base is gone, expect some mrt line to pass through there from pasir ris. Q bay, waterview and the other plots there will huat.

Ringo33
18-08-13, 22:19
Building height limits will be raised around the area!! Enbloc wave is coming back.
Wait for Masterplan 2040. thats if we are still around to see it.

mcmlxxvi
18-08-13, 22:19
I sleep extra sweet tonight. Knowing i have all my properties around this area.

Congrats all easterners.

东方不败

Goode nai.

Pro888
18-08-13, 22:20
Will u be around when these happen?

yiguang2001
18-08-13, 22:21
Land oversupply....don't expect much on price increase.

Don't agree that there will be a land oversupply. I think they are planning for a population increase. Manpower shortage is getting serious. Government can't slow the gate for too long.

My friend's company need 20 engineers and the company only manage to hire 2.

Kanarazu
Master plan 2001 had the MRT line cross PLAB and this was removed in the white paper. Now seems like there is higher chance they are resurrecting the original idea.

mcmlxxvi
No wonder developers bid so high for those plots in tampines ave 10. If the air base is gone, expect some mrt line to pass through there from pasir ris. Q bay, waterview and the other plots there will huat.

It will surpass the already notable bidadari effect. This one whole new townscape being on non pantang ground.

GIG
18-08-13, 22:23
Wah...Fighter jet above private housing at Flora Drive and Loyang.

hyenergix
18-08-13, 22:25
Don't agree that there will be a land oversupply. I think they are planning for a population increase. Manpower shortage is getting serious. Government can't slow the gate for too long.

My guess is likely next year.

Ringo33
18-08-13, 22:30
There are already enough land at Changi to accommodate the shift. Tomorrow stock price of construction companies will rise.

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/1052/zn8h.jpg

Tan80000
18-08-13, 22:33
I expect D19 price will cont to inch up but loyang demand will drop due to fighter jet noise...:tongue3:

yiguang2001
18-08-13, 22:34
My guess is likely next year.

The PM already mentioned that the FT numbers is actually growing, but at a slower pace. Even then, MNC and SMC are facing labor shortage. My guess is that they will slow the pace until after the 2016 election, but the total FT numbers will still be growing. Demand for property will be maintained.

babyt
18-08-13, 22:37
Will Geylang be a good buy now? :-) given that it's smack right between city n paya lebar?

Ringo33
18-08-13, 22:42
Will Geylang be a good buy now? :-) given that it's smack right between city n paya lebar?

It will be cheaper and more effective for the government and developers to develop from greenfield site rather than mature estate where infrastructure such as road and MRT line are already over loaded.

DC33_2008
18-08-13, 22:47
Properties around paya Lebar will huat big time, especially freehold ones. Bidadari prices will all shoot up further. ;)

phantom_opera
18-08-13, 22:48
东方不败

lol, now we know why target 6.9m ... this is size of Bishan + TPY

would the HDB sand dunes be shifted out to Changi also :D

imo, foreigners will be brought in once HDB resale prices go flat (or correct 5%) and our transport system is expanded (most likely when DTL2/DTL3 open with 500 buses added in 2017)

the Cross Island Line might just stop north of Bedok Reservoir then :2cents:

huat ah huat ah !!! not very positive for Punggol imo

propertychap
18-08-13, 22:53
So will kembangan and bedok area benefit ?

DKSG
18-08-13, 22:55
Looks like the growth area is in the East in this coming 20 years.
Much more opportunities than the West!

But that statement is biased because Office Boy is vested in the East.

Hahaaa!

DKSG

condobuyer101
18-08-13, 22:56
So will kembangan and bedok area benefit ?

How abt Telok Kurau?

ZeeWee
18-08-13, 22:58
I expect D19 price will cont to inch up but loyang demand will drop due to fighter jet noise...:tongue3:

Changi Airport is actually very close to the sea already and therefore, not expecting any aircraft needing to fly overland at all

Anyway Changi Airport there already housing an airbase for F-16s so don't need will affect much at all

Ringo33
18-08-13, 22:58
I think FH commercial properties around MRT station could be rezone to residential with increase plot ratio. Just like old Hillview area.

Kanarazu
18-08-13, 23:00
Ingenious plan to slice and cut Aljunied GRC and air drop new residents into PLAB

GIG
18-08-13, 23:01
Changi Airport is actually very close to the sea already and therefore, not expecting any aircraft needing to fly overland at all

Anyway Changi Airport there already housing an airbase for F-16s so don't need will affect much at all

Have to fly overland to avoid collision with commercial airplane

Chillyred888
18-08-13, 23:01
No news on direct train station to jb/ kl? If its going to be in airport , east area lagi Huatt

equalizer
18-08-13, 23:02
Properties around paya Lebar will huat big time, especially freehold ones. Bidadari prices will all shoot up further. ;)

Agree. Once height restrictions are removed, think there will be a lot of interest in en-blocs, especially in freehold mixed-used properties around that area.

gav108
18-08-13, 23:05

changi airport planes already cannot hear in loyang, so how to hear fighter jets in the far east of changi airport?? :doh: on the contrary demand for loyang housing will jump with the completion of airport terminals 4 and 5, which will DOUBLE the current aviation industry capacity. not to mention SUTD 3 stops by bus. no?

star
18-08-13, 23:08
From D19 all the way to east huat ahhh.

toiletsiao
18-08-13, 23:09
Agree. Once height restrictions are removed, think there will be a lot of interest in en-blocs, especially in freehold mixed-used properties around that area.

city plaza?

mummy
18-08-13, 23:18
Have been waiting and wondering when and where the paya lebar cbd will be, as the paya lebar square area seems too small. So this may be it. Very glad cause my house and mm unit are both nearby in district 13 and 14 ....

phantom_opera
18-08-13, 23:22
Ingenious plan to slice and cut Aljunied GRC and air drop new residents into PLAB

this will also damage WP's plan to further expand to the East Coast GRC and towards the Paya Lebar area

http://sgmaps.blogspot.sg/p/electoral-map.html

perfect plan !!!

gav108
18-08-13, 23:26
Have to fly overland to avoid collision with commercial airplane

my god this is such an idiotic statement. to fly overland towards loyang will mean flying perpendicular to the path of the commercial planes with their north-south runways. that will cause rather than avoid collision. that also means the military runway must be built perpendicular to the commercial runways. a laughing stock. if the fighter jets fly cross country from loyang to the west, even tampines, bishan all the way to jurong will be affected. no, military flight training is not national day flyby display fyi.

phantom_opera
18-08-13, 23:30
Would the town center around Tampines Quarry Park and north of Bedok Reservoir like JLD ;)

We have Tampines Av 10 and Bartley Flyover + Bedok North Rd connect into PIE

Sand must shift first :rolleyes:

GIG
18-08-13, 23:31
changi airport planes already cannot hear in loyang, so how to hear fighter jets in the far east of changi airport?? :doh: on the contrary demand for loyang housing will jump with the completion of airport terminals 4 and 5, which will DOUBLE the current aviation industry capacity. not to mention SUTD 3 stops by bus. no?

Of course la...what an idiotic statement....fighter jet more noisier than airplane.

Ringo33
18-08-13, 23:32
Would the town center around Tampines Quarry Park and north of Bedok Reservoir like JLD ;)

We have Tampines Av 10 and Bartley Flyover + Bedok North Rd connect into PIE

Sand must shift first :rolleyes:

I am pretty sure government will have a really big a massive plan for the site. The Quarry will definitely be integrated to be part of a park.

This will not happen till what 20 to 30 years from now?

gav108
18-08-13, 23:56
Of course la...what an idiotic statement....fighter jet more noisier than airplane.

judging by distance between loyang and the projected new location of paya lebar air base, if the noise can be heard in loyang, that means residents in tampines and serangoon centrals must be hearing the jet planes from the current paya lebar airbase all these while. google the distance.

gav108
18-08-13, 23:58
I am pretty sure government will have a really big a massive plan for the site. The Quarry will definitely be integrated to be part of a park.

This will not happen till what 20 to 30 years from now?

hopefully. but i think i will be quite..umm...old by then. lol. seems like govt wishes to even out the developments across the whole island. brilliant to centralise all shipping industries in the extreme west, and aviation industries in the extreme east.

radha08
19-08-13, 00:43
hopefully. but i think i will be quite..umm...old by then. lol. seems like govt wishes to even out the developments across the whole island. brilliant to centralise all shipping industries in the extreme west, and aviation industries in the extreme east.

and centralize all communication channels in condo.singapore FORUM:D :D :D

radha08
19-08-13, 06:21
seriously thinking this release of paya lebar airport land is going to be one BIG BIG shot in the arm for property prices....UPWARDS;)

chestnut
19-08-13, 07:48
Brudder, the govt has learnt from the burst of 1996/7 property... The govt has learnt from the burst of the us properties in 2007.

They are very careful/cautious... And will not allow properties to go on a runaway... Sounds like a song hor... RUNAWAY TRAIN..... Hahahaha

so the BOOM you saw will now be minor... HAHAHAHAHAHA

But minor also shiok....

:cheers2: :cheers1:

radha08
19-08-13, 07:57
Brudder, the govt has learnt from the burst of 1996/7 property... The govt has learnt from the burst of the us properties in 2007.

They are very careful/cautious... And will not allow properties to go on a runaway... Sounds like a song hor... RUNAWAY TRAIN..... Hahahaha

so the BOOM you saw will now be minor... HAHAHAHAHAHA

But minor also shiok....

:cheers2: :cheers1:

different landscape bro 1996/7 it was republic of singapore now its republic of the WORLD:cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1:

chestnut
19-08-13, 07:59
different landscape bro 1996/7 it was republic of singapore now its republic of the WORLD:cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1:

Bro, I will agree with you if there were no CM. now u know why they implement CM and 7 of those. HAHAHAHAHAHA

But bro, that just my view... My view is not always rite...

Either which way, I am fine... BOOM like u say, I also berry happy...

Gradual growth, I also berry happy...

Cheers to all SINGAPOREANS

:cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1:

MM Lovers
19-08-13, 08:05
construction company haut ah..... eastern side property haut ah....:scared-4:

jslee78
19-08-13, 08:17
BTO HDB price will be controlled. Resale HDB price will be subject to market force, allowing cashing out at old age . More grant to help the lower income group to ensure affordability. ( Not lower the price of BTO , but supporting it by giving out grant ) Once the pent-up BTO n EC demand are met, the price of PC, particularly, those high end PC, will be allowed to move. Spore Condo price is comparatively cheaper than that of HK, will this be so, with the progressive renewal of Singapore economy?

Kanarazu
19-08-13, 08:26
seriously thinking this release of paya lebar airport land is going to be one BIG BIG shot in the arm for property prices....UPWARDS;)

Papers today seem to suggest that development of that land left by PLAB would only happen 20-30 years after 2030. By then I will be on medishield life.

Ringo33
19-08-13, 08:32
Papers today seem to suggest that development of that land left by PLAB would only happen 20-30 years after 2030. By then I will be on medishield life.

thats what he said in his speech. Considering the size of it, it will perhaps take another 15 to 20 years to develop

3C
19-08-13, 08:49
Boom or not for staying I will only choose east and will avoid west no matter what. For investment then different story.

xebay11
19-08-13, 08:51

......cheaply! Are you serious? With world ranked NTU, numerous Polys and ITEs and one of the best education systems in the world and you are saying there is a shoratge of Engineers in Singapore?

xebay11
19-08-13, 08:54
Boom or not for staying I will only choose east and will avoid west no matter what. For investment then different story.

Totally agree with you.

mcmlxxvi
19-08-13, 09:02

Thats a major Party pooper (pun intended). The master plan will detail all these and lets assess it then. The hard work to earn back voter hearts has been half complete. The rest is the devil in the details. If masterplan maps out the benefits too far out, voters will cry wolf.

A voter that feels cheated and sidelined will behave far worse than one who was just pissed in general.

ecimbew
19-08-13, 09:08
Anything near and bounded by defu, tampines rd and old tampines rd and tampines ave 10 huuaaaaaaat arhhh!!!

Now we know why wing tai choose to launch Tembusu during this period.

HAHAHAHAHA I knew you will reply. Good for you too :)

ecimbew
19-08-13, 09:10
......cheaply! Are you serious? With world ranked NTU, numerous Polys and ITEs and one of the best education systems in the world and you are saying there is a shoratge of Engineers in Singapore?

It's true. You don't know where most of our future engineers eventually work in? Anyway, LHL said that they did not stop the flow of foreign talents coming in. It's just slower flow, that's all.

ecimbew
19-08-13, 09:12
Thats a major Party pooper (pun intended). The master plan will detail all these and lets assess it then. The hard work to earn back voter hearts has been half complete. The rest is the devil in the details. If masterplan maps out the benefits too far out, voters will cry wolf.

A voter that feels cheated and sidelined will behave far worse than one who was just pissed in general.

I was hoping the Masterplan will be announced yesterday. But I think we will be getting news of it soon. Then let's analyse it. Love doing that.

More news from Yahoooooo

Among several changes announced by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong during his National Day Rally was a long-term infrastructure plan involving Changi Airport and a new Changi East air base. The new air base will incorporate a fourth runway.

Paya Lebar Air Base (PLAB) will be moved to Changi East eventually and this will free up a large area of about 800ha -- bigger than Bishan or Ang Mo Kio.

This will allow new homes, offices and factories to be built. Relocating PLAB, Lee pointed out, removes height restrictions on large areas around Paya Lebar, and will allow the development of "new, exciting" plans for eastern Singapore.

As for the existing Changi Airport, the open air carpark in front of Terminal 1 will be transformed into a multi-use facility that will include retail shops, restaurants and a beautiful indoor garden.

He termed the new development -- codenamed "Project Jewel" -- as the “Gardens at Changi Airport”, a phrase inspired by the major tourist attraction, “Gardens by the Bay”.

Plans for a a Changi Terminal 5 are also in the pipeline and it is expected to be ready by mid-2020s — T5 will double Changi Airport's current capacity and will go a long way in ensuring Singapore's competitiveness as an air hub.

Changes in the ports too

The government is also building a new port in Tuas and clear the “prime land” at Tanjong Pagar to make way for a “Southern Waterfront City”, which will take up 1,000 ha of land – "that is two and a half times bigger than Marina Bay".

PM Lee also said that the new port is being built because Tanjong Pagar, Keppel, Brani and Pasir Panjang ports are already “reaching their limits”. The container ports will be moved to Tuas when the new facility is ready — the ports' leases will expire from 2027.

sherlock
19-08-13, 09:15
By the time PLA moves after 2030 and another 20 years to develop... most of us not around already. Even around also lao kok kok liao

hyenergix
19-08-13, 09:20
By the time PLA moves after 2030 and another 20 years to develop... most of us not around already. Even around also lao kok kok liao

What we can probably do is to plant the seeds in these new areas so that our children can enjoy the fruits.

equalizer
19-08-13, 09:21
As someone has pointed out, the move can happen sooner if required. Its just a matter of committing the resources.

Looks like there may not need to have large scale land reclamation except in mebbe Tuas (for the new shipping hub) and a bit more for Changi east altho' its looks quite complete already.

There are already enough land at Changi to accommodate the shift. Tomorrow stock price of construction companies will rise.

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/1052/zn8h.jpg

There was also some discussion at other forums on the eastern region line connecting to new air terminal-T5 so the timing seems to be right. In future, eastern dwellers will be able to have smooth travel to new T5 as well as CBD via the ERL.

ecimbew
19-08-13, 09:24
I was hoping the Masterplan will be announced yesterday. But I think we will be getting news of it soon. Then let's analyse it. Love doing that.

More news from Yahoooooo

Among several changes announced by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong during his National Day Rally was a long-term infrastructure plan involving Changi Airport and a new Changi East air base. The new air base will incorporate a fourth runway.

Paya Lebar Air Base (PLAB) will be moved to Changi East eventually and this will free up a large area of about 800ha -- bigger than Bishan or Ang Mo Kio.

This will allow new homes, offices and factories to be built. Relocating PLAB, Lee pointed out, removes height restrictions on large areas around Paya Lebar, and will allow the development of "new, exciting" plans for eastern Singapore.

As for the existing Changi Airport, the open air carpark in front of Terminal 1 will be transformed into a multi-use facility that will include retail shops, restaurants and a beautiful indoor garden.

He termed the new development -- codenamed "Project Jewel" -- as the “Gardens at Changi Airport”, a phrase inspired by the major tourist attraction, “Gardens by the Bay”.

Plans for a a Changi Terminal 5 are also in the pipeline and it is expected to be ready by mid-2020s — T5 will double Changi Airport's current capacity and will go a long way in ensuring Singapore's competitiveness as an air hub.

Changes in the ports too

The government is also building a new port in Tuas and clear the “prime land” at Tanjong Pagar to make way for a “Southern Waterfront City”, which will take up 1,000 ha of land – "that is two and a half times bigger than Marina Bay".

PM Lee also said that the new port is being built because Tanjong Pagar, Keppel, Brani and Pasir Panjang ports are already “reaching their limits”. The container ports will be moved to Tuas when the new facility is ready — the ports' leases will expire from 2027.

<<Save this link for the Keppel New Town proposal map>> (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/aa/Keppel_New_Town.PNG)

mermaid
19-08-13, 09:27
huat ah huat ah !!! not very positive for Punggol imo

the direction for the next 10-20 yrs is very clear. I wun invest in places like punggol, Jurong or orchard cos it will soon be a history of the past.

gav108
19-08-13, 09:28

if the papers say 20-30 years and we take the lower end, it's still 20 years. i m not surprised if it takes up to 30 years, given that the air base needs to clear out and demolished, and a detailed masterplan needs to be generated before construction. just take a look at punggol. it was announced in 1996 national day rally. look at its current half-realized state 17 years later.

if u have houses around there, leave them for your descendants la.

gav108
19-08-13, 09:46
Quote:

"He termed the new development -- codenamed "Project Jewel" -- as the “Gardens at Changi Airport”, a phrase inspired by the major tourist attraction, “Gardens by the Bay”.

Plans for a a Changi Terminal 5 are also in the pipeline and it is expected to be ready by mid-2020s — T5 will double Changi Airport's current capacity and will go a long way in ensuring Singapore's competitiveness as an air hub."

How come no one picked up on this? The future Changi Terminal 5 is as large as T1-T4 COMBINED!! Given that the current aviation industry is already generating 163000 jobs according to reports, wouldn't that mean double that number of jobs when T5 is up? so where will the staff and their families stay?

unlike paya lebar, T5 will be completed 10 years later. currently the nearest residential hubs are upper changi road east and flora area, followed by tanah merah (if going by train). assuming ERL connects to T5, the more atas ones will take up residence along east coast. i can see housing demand positively impacted in these areas.

mcmlxxvi
19-08-13, 09:49
the direction for the next 10-20 yrs is very clear. I wun invest in places like punggol, Jurong or orchard cos it will soon be a history of the past.

Orchard on weekends was probably the biggest trigger of xenophobia recent years.

mcmlxxvi
19-08-13, 09:51
What we can probably do is to plant the seeds in these new areas so that our children can enjoy the fruits.

Its no brainer to just observe where MPs themselves are buying up.

equalizer
19-08-13, 09:53
Quote:

"He termed the new development -- codenamed "Project Jewel" -- as the “Gardens at Changi Airport”, a phrase inspired by the major tourist attraction, “Gardens by the Bay”.

Plans for a a Changi Terminal 5 are also in the pipeline and it is expected to be ready by mid-2020s — T5 will double Changi Airport's current capacity and will go a long way in ensuring Singapore's competitiveness as an air hub."

How come no one picked up on this? The future Changi Terminal 5 is as large as T1-T4 COMBINED!! Given that the current aviation industry is already generating 163000 jobs according to reports, wouldn't that mean double that number of jobs when T5 is up? so where will the staff and their families stay?

unlike paya lebar, T5 will be completed 10 years later. currently the nearest residential hubs are upper changi road east and flora area, followed by tanah merah (if going by train). assuming ERL connects to T5, the more atas ones will take up residence along east coast. i can see housing demand positively impacted in these areas.

Gd point. Eastern dwellers huat ah !

Dont' need to wait 20-30yrs but they may have to accelerate ERL and tpt infrastructure.

latour
19-08-13, 09:58
Among others, East sector seems to have more definite directions. Whether it will take 10, 20 or 30 years to complete, its the journey there that dwellers may be interested in. Work has to start, people have to work on it, and they have to have a place to stay in the near term to 10 or 20 years time. Impact on rental and property value should be positive in the east, definitely.

Dont' need to wait 20-30yrs but they may have to accelerate ERL and tpt infrastructure.

mermaid
19-08-13, 09:59
Orchard on weekends was probably the biggest trigger of xenophobia recent years.

even if without, the upside potential is limited liao.
wif no development plans for orchard in the next 10-20yrs, it is machiam 西施被打入冷宫,前途茫茫 ...

mermaid
19-08-13, 10:01

dun nid to wait 20-30yrs for east to huat cos bidadari development will be ready in a few yrs' time!

radha08
19-08-13, 10:23

thats why they say we must leave a better singapore for our future generation dont know what type of generation it will be multi racial/multi coloured generation:doh:

radha08
19-08-13, 10:25
dun nid to wait 20-30yrs for east to huat cos bidadari development will be ready in a few yrs' time!
who you going to call GHOST BUSTERS:scared-1::scared-1::scared-1::D:D:D

Wild Falcon
19-08-13, 16:14
Major oversupply of land and buildings in the east. Those with HDB or condos in the east should be worried, esp those in the far eastern part of Singapore. That's the main problem with eastern part of SG - there is no nature to conserve, so new HDB towns will be there and even better location. So no one cares a hoot if the airbase is converted to 2 Ang Mo Kios and make those far out locations totally unattractive.

I don't see how building a new HDB town the size of AMK in the east could benefit fartherout HDB flats or condos in the east. Its major bad news.

Pro888
19-08-13, 16:38
Major oversupply of land and buildings in the east. Those with HDB or condos in the east should be worried, esp those in the far eastern part of Singapore. That's the main problem with eastern part of SG - there is no nature to conserve, so new HDB towns will be there and even better location. So no one cares a hoot if the airbase is converted to 2 Ang Mo Kios and make those far out locations totally unattractive.

I don't see how building a new HDB town the size of AMK in the east could benefit fartherout HDB flats or condos in the east. Its major bad news.

What is the hype surrounding the development of Bada2ri & Paya Lebar ? You're right that Far East will be greatly affected since plenty of choices available nearer to town. Further, plot ratio will increase and Paya Lebar AB will transform into 2 x of Bedok New town.

star
19-08-13, 17:43
Singapore is so small if east price is affected, west, north, south also will be affected. Population increase will solve everything.

star
19-08-13, 17:43
Singapore is so small if east price is affected, west, north, south also will be affected. Population increase will solve everything.

mcmlxxvi
19-08-13, 18:51
Actually all these talk about it being too far away la, will we live to see it la... Is moot.

The objective is not for those things to materialise then enjoy and proclaim huaaaat arhhh then. The objective is to talk up sentiments so everyone buys into the story and developers will continue to bid high for upcoming new land released. We all know when bids go higher and higher resulting in new launch breaking new records one after another, what it does to the market as a whole.

The govt obviously needs to protect its income source.

And the property market is much more sentiment driven than most would choose to believe.

Ringo33
19-08-13, 18:57
Actually all these talk about it being too far away la, will we live to see it la... Is moot.

The objective is not for those things to materialise then enjoy and proclaim huaaaat arhhh then. The objective is to talk up sentiments so everyone buys into the story and developers will continue to bid high for upcoming new land released. We all know when bids go higher and higher resulting in new launch breaking new records one after another, what it does to the market as a whole.

The govt obviously needs to protect its income source.

And the property market is much more sentiment driven than most would choose to believe.

Actually this is to tell you that 6.9m population will happen and we have the space for it. What PM Lee didnt touch on in this rally however is the job creation and that is kind of worrying for me.

mosaic
19-08-13, 19:34
Actually this is to tell you that 6.9m population will happen and we have the space for it. What PM Lee didnt touch on in this rally however is the job creation and that is kind of worrying for me.

wah lao where got need to mention. All the towkays everyday kao peh kao bu want to hire but cannot hire because of the government restrictions and singapore land expensive so need to go JB.

phantom_opera
19-08-13, 19:40
I am actually think why work so hard???
per family going to commit 700k cpf to medisave n annuity, so much is tied up
so might as well retire early n keep yourself healthy n sound

azeoprop
19-08-13, 20:02
Geylang will be able to build 40 storey high city fringe condos when paya lebar airbase is gone. :rolleyes:

Pro888
19-08-13, 20:12
Shouted too....early. Nobody will buy forward pricing 15-20 years later or even longer. Same goes to developer.

For businesses, still got JLD, PLAD, WRC (starting) & SAP (diff industry), Defu city. For Residential, witness whether on sites action or tenders, all 3 Tengah, Bada2ri & Tampines North have taken place.

dare2
19-08-13, 20:14
Singapore is not that big, eventually prices should just even out....even if you buy all the way to Tuas, Its just 50Km E-W and 25KM N-S....Technically you are about 1 hour max drive away from pt A to Pt X (minus Jam of course)..

phantom_opera
19-08-13, 21:32
Geylang will be able to build 40 storey high city fringe condos when paya lebar airbase is gone. :rolleyes:

come to think of it, the East is more charming due to low plot ratio ... cannot imagine suddently plot ratio X 3 :beats-me-man:

gav108
19-08-13, 22:29
come to think of it, the East is more charming due to low plot ratio ... cannot imagine suddently plot ratio X 3 :beats-me-man:

low plot ratio is always wonderful. instead of buildings stacked high high like concrete jungle, we have low rise buildings open to a wide expanse of sky. when population becomes 7 million and beyond, low density living with sprawling, exclusive quiet spaces will become increasingly attractive.

jslee78
20-08-13, 06:38
Low plot ratio with height restriction is also not attractive, like Mount Sophia district; Plot ratio of 2.1+ 6 stores height= crowded space with overlooking problem. Taller building + larger site + sensitive design can be more attractive.

mcmlxxvi
20-08-13, 07:24
I am actually think why work so hard???
per family going to commit 700k cpf to medisave n annuity, so much is tied up
so might as well retire early n keep yourself healthy n sound

I stopped work temporarily after realising it doesnt make sense always get sick and take mc and then spend more money on specialist visits and treatments. Left pocket salary in. Right pocket medical expenses out. Plus the misery and kns feeling. Thus i left the rat race.

My 闭关修炼 has lead to 成果 and now im ready to 重出浆糊 with a fresh stickiness to the principles of work - Dilbertism. For long happy working life.

mcmlxxvi
20-08-13, 07:33

This view will b gone.

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/s720x720/1209307_10153121035140244_343366591_n.jpg

mcmlxxvi
20-08-13, 07:40
Low plot ratio with height restriction is also not attractive, like Mount Sophia district; Plot ratio of 2.1+ 6 stores height= crowded space with overlooking problem. Taller building + larger site + sensitive design can be more attractive.

Everyone wants to be the only tall one right behind a cluster of shortness. Thats why i went Mount Emei to 闭关 (close door repair train). Not without killing all the 师太 (teacher auntie) there first.

Ringo33
20-08-13, 08:01
50 to 60K new homes..

SINGAPORE — Property analysts expect a new township to be build on the area once Paya Lebar Air Base is moved to Changi.

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong yesterday (Aug 18) announced that a new air base and a fourth runway will be built at Changi East, with the Paya Lebar Air Base to be moved to Changi later on, freeing up 800 hectares — an area bigger than Bishan and Toa Payoh.

Analysts said such an area is enough to draw up a masterplan integrating residential, entertainment, and commercial developments. They believe it will probably take another 20 years for the new township to be developed.

Mr Nicholas Mak, executive director of research and consultancy at SLP International Property Consultants, said: “Based on the plot ratios and planning parameters, that plot of land can actually potentially build about 50,000 to 60,000 new homes.

“80 per cent of these new homes could be HDB flats and there could also be accompanying facilities such as commercial developments and parks, schools,” he said.

Relocating the airbase also removes height restrictions around Paya Lebar.

Mr Ku Swee Yong, CEO of International Property Advisor, said: “In the case of HDB flats, for example around Paya Lebar Air Base, we now have flats in Aljunied and in Tampines going at about 12 to 15 stories. That could now be a thing of the past.

“New flats build there could be 30 to 40 stories as an average height, as well as new condominiums, new office towers — (all of them) could go up to that height,” he said.

Presently, many warehouses are located near the airbase. Property watchers said these industrial areas may be expanded.

Residents in Paya Lebar also welcomed the news of the move.

“There’s going to be (a new) development after that. So it’s probably going to help us in terms of the property prices,” said one resident.

The Paya Lebar Air Base was originally built in 1955 as Singapore International Airport. The airforce took over the airbase when Changi Airport opened in 1981. The airbase hosted the previous RSAF Open House, and also houses the Air Force Museum. CHANNEL NEWSASIA

star
20-08-13, 08:10
50 to 60K new homes..
Not alot if they let 1m population in.

Ringo33
20-08-13, 08:22

Thats provided that there are enough roads and space to handle the additional population. And lets no forget that further north at Punggol, the supply of residential housing is still expanding very quickly.

mermaid
20-08-13, 09:29

1 mil divided by 60k new homes = 16 ppl each home ...
the 1 mil worth of poultry issit? :D

My 闭关修炼 has lead to 成果 and now im ready to 重出浆糊 with a fresh stickiness to the principles of work - Dilbertism. For long happy working life.

bro, it's 江湖.
浆糊 is glue ~

star
20-08-13, 09:38
Thats provided that there are enough roads and space to handle the additional population. And lets no forget that further north at Punggol, the supply of residential housing is still expanding very quickly.

then add in another 500k population. U get 6.9m.
Don't forget govt can control number of land sales and population.

hopeful
20-08-13, 09:40
I stopped work temporarily after realising it doesnt make sense always get sick and take mc and then spend more money on specialist visits and treatments. Left pocket salary in. Right pocket medical expenses out. Plus the misery and kns feeling. Thus i left the rat race.

in case u missed this article, why dont you do the same?

http://rt.com/usa/us-employee-outsourcing-china-177/

since you like cats, you can watch cat videos also :)

mcmlxxvi
20-08-13, 09:50
1 mil divided by 60k new homes = 16 ppl each home ...
the 1 mil worth of poultry issit? :D

bro, it's 江湖.
浆糊 is glue ~

Ya. It means re-ejaculate. Duh

一点创意既没...

mcmlxxvi
20-08-13, 09:57
in case u missed this article, why dont you do the same?

http://rt.com/usa/us-employee-outsourcing-china-177/

since you like cats, you can watch cat videos also :)

兄台 indeed i missed this. I did have such thoughts before to outsource my job when i was doing production n development work becoz it gets monotonous after a while.

However i had since 修炼 (repair train) until higher level of profession which requires interaction and 切磋 (politicking) on a daily basis thus unless i can clone myself it will be difficult.

mermaid
20-08-13, 10:11
Ya. It means re-ejaculate. Duh

一点创意既没...

没创意就没创意呗! :hell-hath-no-fury:

smellyfish
20-08-13, 10:51
atually paya lebar airport is not at paya lebar leh.. more like old tampines road.

for me, the more interesting swarthe of land in the east is the bedok south factories area. that's huge and seaview, and potential for a big MRT station in the midst.

clemdale24
20-08-13, 11:08
atually paya lebar airport is not at paya lebar leh.. more like old tampines road.

for me, the more interesting swarthe of land in the east is the bedok south factories area. that's huge and seaview, and potential for a big MRT station in the midst.

Are u referring to the factories in just south of bedok mrt? yes its currently taking up quite a large area of land. but mrt? what mrt are u talking about.

smellyfish
20-08-13, 12:23
Are u referring to the factories in just south of bedok mrt? yes its currently taking up quite a large area of land. but mrt? what mrt are u talking about.

yeah, i am referring to that swarthe of land, and i am talking about future potential MRT if they do develop that part. then you have bedok MRT on one side, and another eastern line MRT on the other side

ecimbew
20-08-13, 16:44
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn199/c_gull/CVF2/2010-09-27-1152-34-d.jpg

This view of the old Paya Lebar airport will be gone.

Another history in the making...

Sad

http://365days2play.com/photos/2011/04/View-from-Marina-Bay-Sands-SkyPark-4.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2059/2305820605_fdf65ce59f_o.png

minority
20-08-13, 17:54
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn199/c_gull/CVF2/2010-09-27-1152-34-d.jpg

This view of the old Paya Lebar airport will be gone.

Another history in the making...

Sad

http://365days2play.com/photos/2011/04/View-from-Marina-Bay-Sands-SkyPark-4.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2059/2305820605_fdf65ce59f_o.png

sad meh? like u visit it everyday. how many times have u walk it?

thomastansb
20-08-13, 19:48
Hahahahaha... Ya lor.

Good one.

sad meh? like u visit it everyday. how many times have u walk it?

chiaberry
20-08-13, 20:10
I practiced driving around the old airport. Parents live nearby. I took my driving test in Kampong Ubi test centre. I'm a D19/Paya Lebar kid. :D Used to envy my friends who lived more "centrally" in Bukit Timah etc as it was quite a long bus journey home from school for me. :D

luzman
20-08-13, 22:31
I noticed that a lot of people in the forum are overly positive when ever a new is announced...I mean, sure, it is something to think about but not to the extend that we all try to predict price rises, potential for growth etc etc..

The reason that there is new release of the land is precisely that the government is telling me and you and everyone else including the developers that we should not worry that Singapore will run out of land for development....what does this actually imply? Price of land should moderate....

kane
20-08-13, 22:50
and what if developers topped up their land bank with ever higher bids?

star
20-08-13, 23:04
I noticed that a lot of people in the forum are overly positive when ever a new is announced...I mean, sure, it is something to think about but not to the extend that we all try to predict price rises, potential for growth etc etc..

The reason that there is new release of the land is precisely that the government is telling me and you and everyone else including the developers that we should not worry that Singapore will run out of land for development....what does this actually imply? Price of land should moderate....

Should tell that to Iskandar or JB but not singapore.

luzman
20-08-13, 23:27
and what if developers topped up their land bank with ever higher bids?
That is not for me and you to answer...the developer need to make calculated risk knowing that we have plenty of land available in the future...

kane
20-08-13, 23:34
That is not for me and you to answer...the developer need to make calculated risk knowing that we have plenty of land available in the future...

more than just availability, the pace at which it is made available is a key factor.

JAFCO
21-08-13, 01:25

--@@@@@@

Did u see singapore under satellite. ...there is hardly any greenery left in east....so what they breathe exhaust from planes and more vehicles that goes with increase housing.....or maybe sm3lly neighbours....hahaha....

JAFCO
21-08-13, 01:36
--------

would that means red light vice in the sky.....wah no wonder pm lee say sky the limit.....high rise prostitutes too....

JAFCO
21-08-13, 01:39

More news from Yahoooooo

Changes in the ports too

--------
Ports reacng limit......? Wonder if ships will come through straits come 2027.....if they can loop throguh artic....by the time it melts....

Ringo33
21-08-13, 08:08
--------
Ports reacng limit......? Wonder if ships will come through straits come 2027.....if they can loop throguh artic....by the time it melts....

Consolidating all the post into one location is a very smart move by our government and this will free up plenty of precious land as well as easing traffic congestion on our road.

Ringo33
21-08-13, 08:22

Singapore government doesnt sell land as commodity, they sell dreams and they are actually the architect of Singapore behind the scene.
Developers in Singapore are like builders, they convert land into properties under the supervision of government.

As land in Singapore are the most precious commodity to this country, so there is no chance that government will sell land cheap to flood the market.

For the Paya Lebar plots, it will be competing with the southern coast land which will be made available from 2027 when PSA move out to Tuas. And I would reckon that the southern coastal land will be more attractive for both developers and investors because of its sea facing feature as compared to PLAB which is land locked and flanked by industrial, residential housing.

Having said that, I would think that the government will actually build a large park over the PLAB or even preserve and turn a small section of PLAB into air defense museum, so the actually supply of residential land from PLAB will actually be lower and that might be kept as a reserves site for very long term development.

3centsworth
21-08-13, 08:57
The availability of PLAB land for.residential and commercial use does.not.neccesarily translate to lower cost for.land although it may be true that the land.price.will.not.increase significantly.

One needs.to look at the government master plan for.land use and development to know which area is prime and which area is less prime.

Suffice to say, there should be enough land to house the government population target of 6.9 M in 2030.

mcmlxxvi
21-08-13, 08:59
Sbr

IN FOCUS
RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY | Staff Reporter, Singapore
Published: 20 Aug 13 316 views 0 1 Google +0 3

2 new property measures "largely positive in the
long run"

Beneficial for both landowners and developers. Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong announced two
major property measures during his National Day
rally speech, namely the freeing up of 800 hectares
of land in Paya Lebar Airbase for development and
increased subsidies for HDB BTO buyers. According to OSK-DMG, the positive impact for
landowners comes with the migration of the Paya
Lebar Airbase to Changi, which is estimated to add
additional 305 ha (or 33m sqft) of residential GFA,
which is similar in size with existing townships like
Bukit Batok, Bukit Merah, Kallang/Whampoa and Yishun. "Taking statistics from the HDB annual report, we
use four townships of similar size and using the
averages, we estimate this could potentially
accommodate 62k new dwelling units (including
private developments under Government Land Sales
program). This is equivalent to ~186,000 people or 3 per household," the research firm said. "Furthermore, there is also the collateral impact on
surrounding areas, which could see the lifting of
height restrictions, translating to higher land values
for existing owners," it added. Meanwhile for developers, the long term positive
impact comes with how BTO prices are being
allowed to escalate."We believe this can only
support the forward price curve of the mass market/
upgraders segment, allowing developers to clear
their landbank without compromising on their existing margins," said OSK-DMG. "By increasing more subsidies for first time buyers,
and to extend the subsidies for bigger size flats
(restriction lifted for 4-room flats), this should
continue to support the appreciating BTO prices
overall as the PM also stated clearly that the
government does not want to see lower prices in the future," it added.

minority
21-08-13, 11:07
--@@@@@@

Did u see singapore under satellite. ...there is hardly any greenery left in east....so what they breathe exhaust from planes and more vehicles that goes with increase housing.....or maybe sm3lly neighbours....hahaha....

no meh? bedok reservoir , east coast park , PasiRis park to name a few big ones. katong park? So I wont say hardly

luzman
21-08-13, 11:51
Sbr

IN FOCUS
RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY | Staff Reporter, Singapore
Published: 20 Aug 13 316 views 0 1 Google +0 3

2 new property measures "largely positive in the
long run"

Beneficial for both landowners and developers. Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong announced two
major property measures during his National Day
rally speech, namely the freeing up of 800 hectares
of land in Paya Lebar Airbase for development and
increased subsidies for HDB BTO buyers. According to OSK-DMG, the positive impact for
landowners comes with the migration of the Paya
Lebar Airbase to Changi, which is estimated to add
additional 305 ha (or 33m sqft) of residential GFA,
which is similar in size with existing townships like
Bukit Batok, Bukit Merah, Kallang/Whampoa and Yishun. "Taking statistics from the HDB annual report, we
use four townships of similar size and using the
averages, we estimate this could potentially
accommodate 62k new dwelling units (including
private developments under Government Land Sales
program). This is equivalent to ~186,000 people or 3 per household," the research firm said. "Furthermore, there is also the collateral impact on
surrounding areas, which could see the lifting of
height restrictions, translating to higher land values
for existing owners," it added. Meanwhile for developers, the long term positive
impact comes with how BTO prices are being
allowed to escalate."We believe this can only
support the forward price curve of the mass market/
upgraders segment, allowing developers to clear
their landbank without compromising on their existing margins," said OSK-DMG. "By increasing more subsidies for first time buyers,
and to extend the subsidies for bigger size flats
(restriction lifted for 4-room flats), this should
continue to support the appreciating BTO prices
overall as the PM also stated clearly that the
government does not want to see lower prices in the future," it added.

Do you actually believe everything the reporter writes or thinks? if that is so, they should have made a bundle years ago..

Ringo33
21-08-13, 14:10
The earliest which PLAB will move to Changi will be 2030, and it will take a few more years for other agencies to set up the requires infrastructure such as water, sewage, electricity, telecom, road etc before development could start.

hopeful
21-08-13, 14:45
the news mentioned the future military airbase and terminal 5 both in changi east. are they side by side?

edwinleeap
21-08-13, 15:11
the news mentioned the future military airbase and terminal 5 both in changi east. are they side by side?

Yes T1 - T3 one group, T4 to the right side, followed by T5 and airbase runway

hopeful
21-08-13, 15:42
so the passengers to and from changi can see the above ground facilities of the future military airbase?
there was some previous discussion like HDB flats being designed so that it cannot oversee mindef hq and hillview peak installed fins so no direct view of mindef hq also.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=409580&postcount=286

mcmlxxvi
21-08-13, 17:18
no meh? bedok reservoir , east coast park , PasiRis park to name a few big ones. katong park? So I wont say hardly

And a pretty nice one at t kurau

mcmlxxvi
21-08-13, 17:19
Do you actually believe everything the reporter writes or thinks? if that is so, they should have made a bundle years ago..

Its called alternative view and market sentiment.

edwinleeap
22-08-13, 09:10
Yes T1 - T3 one group, T4 to the right side, followed by T5 and airbase runway

They should design the airbase with planes flying out from the sea.

phantom_opera
22-08-13, 21:48
http://www.tremeritus.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/airbase.jpg

kane
22-08-13, 22:02
lifting of height restrictions is a game changer.

rymccondo77
22-08-13, 22:25
lifting of height restrictions is a game changer.

Yes indeed - imagine for example 30 storey or more high rise buildings at Punggol facing the sea :)

Ringo33
22-08-13, 23:06
After putting some thought into it, I think that new PLAB site will benefit the next generation of BTO buyers most as they will get to move into a brand new suprer high rise flat, build in a brand new estates, that is still centrally located.

Although government will be lifting some building height restriction, but I doubt we will be seeing the return of en bloc fever because in 20 years time, current generation of property owners will most likely be in their 50s and 60s, so not many will be willing to go en bloc because taking a new mortgage for elderly is become tougher due to the cooling measures

VS
22-08-13, 23:18
After putting some thought into it, I think that new PLAB site will benefit the next generation of BTO buyers most as they will get to move into a brand new suprer high rise flat, build in a brand new estates, that is still centrally located.

Although government will be lifting some building height restriction, but I doubt we will be seeing the return of en bloc fever because in 20 years time, current generation of property owners will most likely be in their 50s and 60s, so not many will be willing to go en bloc because taking a new mortgage for elderly is become tougher due to the cooling measures

I would think otherwise. I will be very happy if I can enjoy an enbloc when I am 50s or 60s, as it will free up my cash. I will then retire and stay in a HDB or retire in Malaysia. No need to take loan.

Ringo33
23-08-13, 11:20
I would think otherwise. I will be very happy if I can enjoy an enbloc when I am 50s or 60s, as it will free up my cash. I will then retire and stay in a HDB or retire in Malaysia. No need to take loan.

human priority changes when they aged. When in your 60s, what you want is to enjoy a stress free and comfortable retirement in a familiar neighborhood, no one will want to uproot themselves in their old age to live in a totally new neighborhood by themselves.

Thats exactly the reason why many elderly in old estates doesnt want to go en bloc even if it mean free up some cash.

minority
23-08-13, 11:41

actually old people dont like enbloc. coz no $ and typically people are resistant to change when older. they will have to move into a smaller place further away from the area they are familiar with. also they fear loosing their friends.