PDA

View Full Version : External walls

Lav123
05-09-13, 20:22
I heard that you are given 1 yr warranty on any defects on your unit but how about the external? I had received my TOP letter and went down to the site to have a look at my apartment but some part of the external walls are not painted yet. If after collecting the key and the walls are still not painted, what should I do? As per specification, it is supposed to be painted with weather shield paint. If without the paint, and the rain water seep into the building, who is going to bear the cost?

leesg123
05-09-13, 23:24
I heard that you are given 1 yr warranty on any defects on your unit but how about the external? I had received my TOP letter and went down to the site to have a look at my apartment but some part of the external walls are not painted yet. If after collecting the key and the walls are still not painted, what should I do? As per specification, it is supposed to be painted with weather shield paint. If without the paint, and the rain water seep into the building, who is going to bear the cost?

External wall is under common property. Hence mcst will pay.

Lav123
06-09-13, 07:57
External wall is under common property. Hence mcst will pay.

Thank you. But is their fund comes from the residents sinking fund? I heard that there are 10 yrs warranty by the developers for the external building, is it true?

leesg123
06-09-13, 08:09
Thank you. But is their fund comes from the residents sinking fund? I heard that there are 10 yrs warranty by the developers for the external building, is it true?

Yah from resident sinking fund. I think developer warrant is 5 years.

jackkel
06-09-13, 09:55
IMO, i dont think any paint is going to protect the concrete.

Concrete itself is quite waterproof.

The weathershield might refer to the anti-fungal properties and strong resistance to wear and tear (to the paint) due to exposure to the elements.

The structure has been exposed to the rain for as long as the construction process.....dont worry...its not tofu!

Lav123
06-09-13, 15:58
IMO, i dont think any paint is going to protect the concrete.

Concrete itself is quite waterproof.

The weathershield might refer to the anti-fungal properties and strong resistance to wear and tear (to the paint) due to exposure to the elements.

The structure has been exposed to the rain for as long as the construction process.....dont worry...its not tofu!

Thank you, so it is ok if it is not painted but it doesn't look nice leh. If I ask my lawyer to write to the developer, will the lawyer charge me for a fee?

evolutionx
06-09-13, 16:04
Thank you, so it is ok if it is not painted but it doesn't look nice leh. If I ask my lawyer to write to the developer, will the lawyer charge me for a fee?

of course lawyer will charge you .. unless he is the one handling the transaction for you in the first place then should be ok lah ..