PDA

View Full Version : Condo to be priced lower than neighbour Sky Habitat

mermaid
13-09-13, 10:48
Published September 13, 2013

CapitaLand's new 694-unit project will feature more smaller units

CAPITALAND is pricing its new condo project in Bishan lower than its earlier next-door launch, Sky Habitat. It is also minting smaller units, and a higher proportion of smaller units, in a strategy seen as keeping lumpsum prices within reach of a bigger pool of buyers.

The two 99-year leasehold projects are near Bishan MRT Station.

The property giant will open the showflat for its latest 694-unit Bishan project, whose name it has not made known, from tomorrow. Sales bookings are scheduled to begin two to three weeks later.

CapitaLand said yesterday it will offer the first phase of units in the project at prices ranging from $1,380-$1,550 psf.

mermaid
13-09-13, 10:54
if launch tis new condo now will cos SH to move even slower? :beats-me-man:

gemstone
13-09-13, 11:02
Nearby, there is a mosque

wt_know
13-09-13, 11:02
same unit size as SH but lower price or lower price but smaller unit? :beats-me-man:

mermaid
13-09-13, 11:04
same unit size as SH but lower price or lower price but smaller unit? :beats-me-man:

it is definitely smaller in size.
prices I tink oso slightly cheaper?

wt_know
13-09-13, 11:06
which mean same price as SH la ... hehe

it is definitely smaller in size.
prices I tink oso slightly cheaper?

DC33_2008
13-09-13, 13:08
People may bite if price between 1300 - 1500psf after discount.

Miltonia
13-09-13, 13:45
The profit from this will cushion the loss from that or to result in break even prices. Expect bigger units at SH to be more reasonably priced when this project is sold out.

Good location, Not so good pricing.

phantom_opera
13-09-13, 18:07
> 1500psf, smaller units only

same or higher price than Jurong Gateway

Regulators
13-09-13, 22:25
Bishan is much better than jurong, at least the former does not hv reputation for being factory town
> 1500psf, smaller units only

same or higher price than Jurong Gateway

proud owner
13-09-13, 22:35
Bishan is much better than jurong, at least the former does not hv reputation for being factory town

Meat Packing district in Manhattan used to be an abbatoir ....

now it has upscale hotels, boutiques, restaurants, etc ....

for all we know ... this factory town may just transform itself someday

hopeful
13-09-13, 23:18
Meat Packing district in Manhattan used to be an abbatoir ....

now it has upscale hotels, boutiques, restaurants, etc ....

for all we know ... this factory town may just transform itself someday

where does the abbatoir move to?

where can the factories in factory town move to?

proud owner
13-09-13, 23:45
where does the abbatoir move to?

where can the factories in factory town move to?

the abbatoir moved out of manhattan

I am just guessing ..as Singapore moves towards RnD, and Services, we may give up factory totally and let JB be the factory land

teddybear
13-09-13, 23:48
You will have to wait for another 30-40 years for the "factories" to move because the factory town just has new petrochemical manufacturing plant again, and they are built to last at least 30 years for the huge capital outlay to be worthwhile! :doh:

the abbatoir moved out of manhattan

I am just guessing ..as Singapore moves towards RnD, and Services, we may give up factory totally and let JB be the factory land

dudick
14-09-13, 18:04

If that is the case, this project will definitely be sold out like on the preview day like J gateway :rolleyes:

Kokono
14-09-13, 20:53
I remember Boon Lay has that distinct chocolate smell in the air. Either you like it or you have to get used to it.

Is there any such distinct air quality issue in jurong?

DKSG
15-09-13, 10:27
You will have to wait for another 30-40 years for the "factories" to move because the factory town just has new petrochemical manufacturing plant again, and they are built to last at least 30 years for the huge capital outlay to be worthwhile! :doh:

If you all know the plans on Jurong island and the plans for the surrounding land on mainland near Jurong Island, you will know that 30-40 years is not even possible. Fresh leases are being dished out all over this area...

Jurong will ALWAYS be Jurong. If Jurong selling at the same price as Bishan, dont need to think, even 3 year old also know that they have to grab Bishan!

Those who bought Jurong at same price as the Bishan now, have to start worrying ... and maybe repent.

DKSG

DC33_2008
15-09-13, 10:34
One shld look towards the south and south west of jurong east and jurong west at night. You can see a bright sky. It is not the light but the ultrafine particles that one shld worried.

teddybear
15-09-13, 13:44
And there may be a nuclear plant to satisfy Singapore's power need in future in an off-shore island in the South-West, so nearest hit point if there is any radiation will still be the West and South. So, better buyer more inland and away from West and South. :p

One shld look towards the south and south west of jurong east and jurong west at night. You can see a bright sky. It is not the light but the ultrafine particles that one shld worried.

Regulators
15-09-13, 15:19
If there is nuclear plant in Singapore , I will move to another country

henryhk
15-09-13, 16:17
And there may be a nuclear plant to satisfy Singapore's power need in future in an off-shore island in the South-West, so nearest hit point if there is any radiation will still be the West and South. So, better buyer more inland and away from West and South. :p

If got radiation, u run anywhere in Singapore also die....pls la

teddybear
15-09-13, 17:58
Radiation effect reduces as distance increases. :scared-3:

If got radiation, u run anywhere in Singapore also die....pls la

teddybear
15-09-13, 18:00
Not so bad lah.
The latest nuclear plant technology is quite good now, not like that of Fukushima. Based on latest technology, you should be quite safe if you are >10 km away. But I will x2 to be >20km away to be safer! :ashamed1:

If there is nuclear plant in Singapore , I will move to another country

Regulators
15-09-13, 18:08
It just takes one mistake n our population n country gone. All those luxury homes in Singapore will all be considered to be near a nuclear plant n Singapore will be considered a high risk place to live n invest.

Not so bad lah.
The latest nuclear plant technology is quite good now, not like that of Fukushima. Based on latest technology, you should be quite safe if you are >10 km away. But I will x2 to be >20km away to be safer! :ashamed1:

august
15-09-13, 18:19
Indo and Malaysia will make noise first. So won't happen.

walkthetiger
15-09-13, 19:50
Indo and Malaysia will make noise first. So won't happen.

Malaysia will likely to get it first; they started exploring that opportunity decade earlier than Singapore. Imagine if both Singapore and Malaysia confirmed going for it at the same time, I bet Malaysia will get it first. And Let’s pray Malaysia doesn't build one next to Singapore at Johor. They can lose a state, but Singapore will be all be cooked, if it leaks….hah

mosaic
15-09-13, 21:20
It just takes one mistake n our population n country gone. All those luxury homes in Singapore will all be considered to be near a nuclear plant n Singapore will be considered a high risk place to live n invest.

nuclear tech has improved by leaps and bounds. Last i read couple of years back a few companies are doing up miniaturized nuclear reactors like the ones they use in the subs. Enough to power up a town. So I m guessing the whole set up no bigger than a bus. You could bury that a couple hundred metres down. or more.

reporter2
16-09-13, 18:16
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/archive/friday/premium/singapore/condo-be-priced-lower-neighbour-sky-habitat-20130913

Published September 13, 2013

Condo to be priced lower than neighbour Sky Habitat

CapitaLand's new 694-unit project will feature more smaller units

By Kalpana Rashiwala [email protected]

CAPITALAND is pricing its new condo project in Bishan lower than its earlier next-door launch, Sky Habitat. It is also minting smaller units, and a higher proportion of smaller units, in a strategy seen as keeping lumpsum prices within reach of a bigger pool of buyers.

The two 99-year leasehold projects are near Bishan MRT Station.

The property giant will open the showflat for its latest 694-unit Bishan project, whose name it has not made known, from tomorrow. Sales bookings are scheduled to begin two to three weeks later.

CapitaLand said yesterday it will offer the first phase of units in the project at prices ranging from $1,380-$1,550 psf.

It declined to specify how many or what types of units these will be or their psf average price. Such information will be released closer to the time that sales bookings start. "But we intend to price the new development competitively," it added.

Sales at Sky Habitat began in April last year, with 131 units sold by the developer in that month, at a median price of $1,583 psf, and at prices ranging from $1,435 psf to $1,893 psf in that month, according to Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) data compiled from developers' monthly submissions.

Between October 2012 and July 2013, 40 units were sold at $1,416-$1,810 psf.

CapitaLand said yesterday that to date, it has sold 172 units at Sky Habitat at an average price of $1,589 psf.

Responding to market trends, the developer has gone for smaller units in the new project.

For instance, the smallest unit in the new development is 484 sq ft for a one-bedder - compared with 635 sq ft for Sky Habitat, for a one-bedroom with study unit. Two-bedders in the new project start from 678 sq ft, compared with 721 sq ft in Sky Habitat.

As well, smaller units make up a higher proportion of units in the new condo. One and two-bedroom units (including two-bedroom suites) make up 74 per cent of the 694 units.

At Sky Habitat, on the other hand, one and two-bedders (including two-bedroom + study units) account for 42 per cent of the total 509 units.

Star architect Moshe Safdie designed Sky Habitat. The new project's architect is DCA Architects.

The latest project is being developed by a 75:25 joint venture between CapitaLand and Mitsubishi Estate Asia.

The two have respective stakes of 65 per cent and 25 per cent in Sky Habitat, with Shimizu Corporation holding the balance 10 per cent.

CapitaLand bagged the Sky Habitat site at $869.36 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr) in February 2011 and the next-door plot at $852.94 psf ppr in a tender that closed in November last year.

Separately, Fairview Developments, a unit of Tong Eng Brothers, will begin sales bookings next week for its freehold strata landed housing project in Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5.

Named Belgravia Villas, the project comprises 18 strata semi-detached houses and 100 strata terrace houses.

The terrace houses, with strata areas of 3,500-3,800 sq ft, will be priced at $3 million-$3.2 million for intermediate units and $3.2 million-$3.4 million for corner units.

The semi-Ds, which will have strata areas of 3,800-4,000 sq ft, will be priced between $3.7 million and $3.9 million each.

Each of the 118 homes will be three storeys high and have a basement with two parking lots. Each home will have five bedrooms, a powder room, wet and dry kitchens.