PDA

View Full Version : OCR is the winner...AGAIN

Ringo33
01-10-13, 09:19
I hope this will put an end to all the big talk about RCR and CCR chiong because of J Gateway.

The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) released the flash estimate of the price index for private residential property for 3rd Quarter 2013 today.

Overall, the private residential property index rose 0.8 points from 215.4 points in 2nd Quarter 2013 to 216.2 points in 3rd Quarter 2013. This represents a moderate increase of 0.4%, compared to the 1.0% increase in the previous quarter (see Annex A).

Prices of non-landed private residential properties in both Core Central Region and Rest of Central Region declined in 3rd Quarter 2013. In Core Central Region, prices fell 0.5%, more than the 0.2% decline in the previous quarter. Prices in Rest of Central Region decreased for the first time since 1st Quarter 2012, by 1.1%, compared with the 0.2% increase in the previous quarter. In Outside Central Region, prices increased by 2.1% in 3rd Quarter 2013, which is lower than the 3.8% increase in the previous quarter (see Annex B).

The flash estimates are compiled based on transaction prices given in caveats lodged during the first ten weeks of the quarter supplemented by survey data on new units sold by developers in the first two months of the quarter. The statistics will be updated 4 weeks later when URA releases the full real estate statistics for 3rd Quarter 2013, which captures more data on the caveats lodged and the take-up of new projects. Past data have shown that the difference between the quarterly price changes indicated by the flash estimate and the actual price changes could be significant when the change is small. The public is advised to interpret the flash estimates with caution.

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/4445/j3wx.jpg

eng81157
01-10-13, 09:27
wow, you are stupider than i thought.

OCR = J Gateway?!?!?!?!?! thanks for the tickle

hopeful
01-10-13, 09:33

R33 wasnt refering to that la.
DKSG say jurong 1700, then bukit merah 1700+x, then tanglin 1700+xx.
so now R33 was saying OCR chiong, the rest are laggards.
He is doing this to shred DKSG's credibility.

i usually read the threads from start to finish for those threads that are epic slugfest.

eng81157
01-10-13, 09:42
R33 wasnt refering to that la.
DKSG say jurong 1700, then bukit merah 1700+x, then tanglin 1700+xx.
so now R33 was saying OCR chiong, the rest are laggards.
He is doing this to shred DKSG's credibility.

i usually read the threads from start to finish for those threads that are epic slugfest.

well, that wasn't what the nincompoop stated in his post. even if we admit this background information, OCR had been chionging since 2009, while CCR had been stagnant/creeping up real slow since 2011.

to claim victory that OCR is chionging is like telling us the obvious "hey, princeton is better than NUS" - duh

Ringo33
01-10-13, 09:46

Your inability to understand what you read should not become a burden to this forum.

This is identical to the thread where the subject of gospel truth came about.

RINGO : Those living around the southern coast area might be in for a big surprise when URA release the Masterplan 2013.

so? you're taking this as gospel truth? :doh::doh:

Its either you have difficulties understanding what you read or you are implying that gospel might not be true.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=18869

thomastansb
01-10-13, 10:29
The index is severely distorted by the massive amount of small MM units in sub-urban. PSF is high but prices is affordable. Just look at the Tembusu. Tampines road, ulu like crap, not near MRT but yet > 1.6k psf.

CCR is dropping, no doubt about it but I will be very careful with OCR. Especially those tiny units without MRT.

azeoprop
01-10-13, 10:33
Looks like we are at the top of the curve now. :beats-me-man:

Will it be a plateau or a down slope from here?

eng81157
01-10-13, 10:36
Your inability to understand what you read should not become a burden to this forum.

This is identical to the thread where the subject of gospel truth came about.

RINGO : Those living around the southern coast area might be in for a big surprise when URA release the Masterplan 2013.

Its either you have difficulties understanding what you read or you are implying that gospel might not be true.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=18869

kenna caught out and now trying to deviate from the discussion with something totally irrelevant?!

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

what's new. i'll try not to use metaphors and analogies on you.

Ringo33
01-10-13, 10:46
The index is severely distorted by the massive amount of small MM units in sub-urban. PSF is high but prices is affordable. Just look at the Tembusu. Tampines road, ulu like crap, not near MRT but yet > 1.6k psf.

CCR is dropping, no doubt about it but I will be very careful with OCR. Especially those tiny units without MRT.

Actually there is nothing surprising with this trend as I believe the underlying season for that is because of what Singapore urban planners are pushing rather than investors are getting stupid with their investment.

With more and more shopping malls, business hubs, international school, parks, waterfront and tourist attractions all popping up in OCR, there is no reason why demand for OCR property will not rise.

Ultimately, what Singapore government want is to push up the value of LH land so that it will help generate perpetual stream of revenue for government.

star
01-10-13, 10:49
Private condo price will deattach from HDB price.
Hdb will continue to drop slightly while condo price goes up.

Ringo33
01-10-13, 10:55

Thats what the government want. They need to keep HDB affordable to give citizen no excuse to KPKB. But at the same time, government still need strong GLS to generate revenues for their land.

indomie
01-10-13, 11:00

OCR MM without MRT is the cheapest money can buy right now. I don't think it can get any cheaper further down the road. I think this asset class is one of the strongest investment there is. Any little improvement in transport connectivity can increase the price tremendeously. Sooner or later any part of SG will get connected by MRT. It just a matter of time.

Ringo33
01-10-13, 11:04
OCR MM without MRT is the cheapest money can buy right now. I don't think it can get any cheaper further down the road. I think this asset class is one of the strongest investment there is. Any little improvement in transport connectivity can increase the price tremendeously. Sooner or later any part of SG will get connected by MRT. It just a matter of time.

alignment for 3 new MRT line will be announced in the next 3 years. ERL, JRL, and CRL and this will have tremendous positive impact for OCR property prices.

maseratiq
01-10-13, 12:37
Actually, I know of many who would rather have a car than pay more for a condo next to an MRT. Seriously, what's the price difference? 20%?

For a million dollar Unit w/o MRT, I'd have to pay $1.2mil for one nearby (2km away) with MRT??

If I'm single and available, with that 200k, I'll buy a 2-seater sports car. MPV if I have a family of 4.

DKSG
01-10-13, 13:09
This curve is a very strong reminder to investors that OCR may have chiong-ed past is value already.

In investment, our mantra is ?

Buy low, sell high.

So, based on the chart, the next investment advice is buy low (CCR) and sell high (OCR).

Buying OCR now is like buy Orchard Residences at $6,500 psf last time when agents try to convince you that at $10,000 psf in Orchard is within sight!

I am sure agents selling Jurong now also will tell you that Jurong at $2,000 psf is within sight.

So, BEWARE!

DKSG

indomie
01-10-13, 13:31
This curve is a very strong reminder to investors that OCR may have chiong-ed past is value already.

In investment, our mantra is ?

Buy low, sell high.

So, based on the chart, the next investment advice is buy low (CCR) and sell high (OCR).

Buying OCR now is like buy Orchard Residences at $6,500 psf last time when agents try to convince you that at $10,000 psf in Orchard is within sight!

I am sure agents selling Jurong now also will tell you that Jurong at $2,000 psf is within sight.

So, BEWARE!

DKSG

I think OCR trend still intact. Buying a low OCR is still a better investment than buying a low CCR.

mermaid
01-10-13, 13:32
I think OCR trend still intact. Buying a low OCR is still a better investment than buying a low CCR.

wat's yr opinion of buying a high OCR?

indomie
01-10-13, 14:25
wat's yr opinion of buying a high OCR?
High OCR is a property class with the highest rental yield at the moment. But its all already priced in.

01-10-13, 14:49
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/4445/j3wx.jpg

Hi Ringo, do you know the reason(s) for the base being set at 4Q98?

Sleepyhead
01-10-13, 14:52

Sorry, I fail to understand this statement. If condo goes up, buyers who can will buy HDB, and push those up too? No?

mermaid
01-10-13, 15:41
High OCR is a property class with the highest rental yield at the moment. But its all already priced in.

if a person pays a high $, how to get the highest rental yield?

hopeful
01-10-13, 15:47
Hi Ringo, do you know the reason(s) for the base being set at 4Q98?

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/pr00-13.html
to use moving average method?

eng81157
01-10-13, 15:52

by charging a higher than the highest kind of rental lah! $10000/mth for a MM @ J gateway, lai lai lelong lelong

mermaid
01-10-13, 15:58
by charging a higher than the highest kind of rental lah! $10000/mth for a MM @ J gateway, lai lai lelong lelong

dun understand the message tat u r trying to bring across.

per R33's prediction, J gateway can easily fetched 5% yield.

take $750k for an avg mm means mthly rental of abt $3.1k.

indomie
01-10-13, 16:01
Only the recent OCR score the high price and they are still under construction. The one available for rental now mostly bought at under 1000 to 1300 per square feet and the yield is great.

eng81157
01-10-13, 16:05

read between the lines, sense the not-too-subtle sarcasm

mermaid
01-10-13, 16:08
got ppl confidently claimed tat when J gateway is ready, can easily fetch the current rental yield wor!

thomastansb
01-10-13, 16:08
I will think it is closer to 4% yield. Caspian rental only 2.6k to 2.8k only. Don't forget to factor in dipping rental. By the time J Gateway TOP, they will be in for a surprise if rental dip and interest go up.

But for own stay, ok lah.

mermaid
01-10-13, 16:11
I will think it is closer to 4% yield. Caspian rental only 2.6k to 2.8k only. Don't forget to factor in dipping rental. By the time J Gateway TOP, they will be in for a surprise if rental dip and interest go up.

But for own stay, ok lah.

u sure for own stay is still ok?
liddat muz be very confident tat buy at ard $1600psf can sell at $1900 wor ...

mayb u r rite. if stay for very long den no problem :D

RCR
01-10-13, 20:08

warp logic :D

Regulators
01-10-13, 20:29
And the joker also use Caspian chart to justify future performance in sale n rental of jgateway....Which means selling price $3000psf on TOP n rental of 4-5% based on $3000psf n not buying px wor.

got ppl confidently claimed tat when J gateway is ready, can easily fetch the current rental yield wor!

Ringo33
01-10-13, 20:42
It is sad to see so many forum member degenerating into making up stories, name calling, creating fictional character, making baseless assumption, paraphrasing and have total disregard for facts and industry data.

I hope you guys can now understand why I created my signature.

02-10-13, 02:07

Hi Star, could you kindly clarify why you say that condo prices will detach from (resale) HDB prices?

Based on my observations of the data on squarefoot research, most of the new launch suburban condos have a large proportion of buyers (e.g. > 60%) with HDB addresses. I think it is safe to say most of these buyers are HDB upgraders. And when these new launch suburban condos become resale units themselves, I think it is still safe to say that the majority buyers of such resale units will still be HDB upgraders. If suburban condo prices are "de-link" from HDB resale prices, then who will support the prices of these suburban condos, be it in the primary or resale market? Also if prices are de-link, those HDB owners who wish to upgrade will have their aspirations dashed. I am not sure if it is the intention of the policy makers to "de-link" the two. It might be a futile exercise for them to do so because I think market forces will eventually link back the two segments again.

Just my 2 cents point of view.

Ringo33
02-10-13, 06:24
OCR is looking good this year.

"Year-to-date, OCR prices have risen 7.4 per cent while CCR and RCR prices are practically flat. The vulnerability of CCR and RCR is more apparent since over the last seven quarters, CCR had three quarters of price dips while RCR had two."

Said Nicholas Mak, executive director, research and consultancy department at SLP International: "For the whole of 2013, the private residential property price index is projected to increase by 1-3 per cent year-on-year. The price index for CCR and RCR could register a 0 to -2 per cent year-on-year change. For non-landed properties located in the OCR, the price index is likely to increase 7-9 per cent year-on-year," he said.

Indeed, the sustained interest in mass market homes is partially supported by the introduction of another group of buyers, mainly the newly minted Singapore permanent residents who have to wait out three years before they can buy resale HDB flats, said Eugene Lim, key executive officer at ERA Singapore.

DKSG
02-10-13, 07:13
OCR is looking good this year.

Good for those who owned OCR for less than $1,0xx psf.

While the OCR index has gone up 7-8%, this means that if you paid more than 20% increase ... thats scary.

Anyway, most of these property analyst are after the fact analyst. What they say are things that already happened in the market.

Other experienced forumers here can do a better job.

DKSG

NorthernStar
02-10-13, 10:23
Hi Star, could you kindly clarify why you say that condo prices will detach from (resale) HDB prices?

Based on my observations of the data on squarefoot research, most of the new launch suburban condos have a large proportion of buyers (e.g. > 60%) with HDB addresses. I think it is safe to say most of these buyers are HDB upgraders. And when these new launch suburban condos become resale units themselves, I think it is still safe to say that the majority buyers of such resale units will still be HDB upgraders. If suburban condo prices are "de-link" from HDB resale prices, then who will support the prices of these suburban condos, be it in the primary or resale market? Also if prices are de-link, those HDB owners who wish to upgrade will have their aspirations dashed. I am not sure if it is the intention of the policy makers to "de-link" the two. It might be a futile exercise for them to do so because I think market forces will eventually link back the two segments again.

Just my 2 cents point of view.
i share same view with Star.. we are not same person using different nick though our nicks are similar..:D

1. KBW said BTO price de-link to resale HDB
http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/bto-prices-will-not-rise-resale-market-khaw-20130131

2. Singles Singaporean can buy 2 Rooms BTO

3. New PR can't buy resale HDB for the first 3 years

if BTO de-link with resale HDB, why re-sale still go up last time, bcos, these prices still support by high income group or singles Singaporean and PR. but, now gov announced new PR can't buy resale, eventually, resale HDB will link back to BTO's price and private condo will run-away unless there are crisis.

Most of my neighbours upgraded from HDB has no intention to sell off their HDB. hence, to upgrade from HDB, it doesn't mean that they need to sell off their HDB. They bought HDB and paid off loan earlier and now upgrade to condo while keeping HDB with rental income. This meaning that it doesn't need the increase of HDB's price to support for upgrading. Those who need to sell HDB to support condo purchase are just marginal upgraders imo.

with SG gov going toward more social benefits to cheer the young and unhappy voters. HDB will eventually revert the policy to self-stay assets instead of appreciating assets.

here are the last quarter responses:
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=18947

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=18948

Ringo33
02-10-13, 11:51

While the OCR index has gone up 7-8%, this means that if you paid more than 20% increase ... thats scary.

Anyway, most of these property analyst are after the fact analyst. What they say are things that already happened in the market.

DKSG

In July, I remember you saying that price of RCR and CCR will rise as a result of J Gateway. Doesnt seem to be the case. Whats your explanation to that?

Are you saying that any OCR property that is above $10xxpsf will under perform as compared to those below $10xxpsf?

Do you want to pick a few projects which are below $1000psf while I pick those above $1000psf to compare.. Perhaps in 6 months time we will see which development gain more?

Regulators
02-10-13, 12:05
Ocr is good to buy at between $600 n 900psf, to pay $1770psf even for MM is inconceivable.

DKSG

Ringo33
02-10-13, 12:20
Ocr is good to buy at between $600 n 900psf, to pay $1770psf even for MM is inconceivable.

This is one of the many reasons why I knew you were lying when you said your own 5 properties.

And obviously the reason why you think its expensive is because you are benchmarking new launches price to your 15 years old LH apartment.

Its inconceivable that someone like you could even dare to brag that you have more money in this forum and thinking that by having more money you will sound more credible.

02-10-13, 12:37
i share same view with Star.. we are not same person using different nick though our nicks are similar..:D

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/bto-prices-will-not-rise-resale-market-khaw-20130131

if BTO de-link with resale HDB, why re-sale still go up last time, bcos, these prices still support by high income group or singles Singaporean and PR. but, now gov announced new PR can't buy resale, eventually, resale HDB will link back to BTO's price and private condo will run-away unless there are crisis.

Most of my neighbours upgraded from HDB has no intention to sell off their HDB. hence, to upgrade from HDB, it doesn't mean that they need to sell off their HDB. They bought HDB and paid off loan earlier and now upgrade to condo while keeping HDB with rental income. This meaning that it doesn't need the increase of HDB's price to support for upgrading. Those who need to sell HDB to support condo purchase are just marginal upgraders imo.

with SG gov going toward more social benefits to cheer the young and unhappy voters. HDB will eventually revert the policy to self-stay assets instead of appreciating assets.

Hi NorthernStar, thanks for taking time out to explain and for providing the links. I see where you are coming from. It will be interesting to see whether this will continue to pan out.

EBD
02-10-13, 13:20
It is sad to see so many forum member degenerating into making up stories, name calling, creating fictional character, making baseless assumption, paraphrasing and have total disregard for facts and industry data.

I hope you guys can now understand why I created my signature.

Dear all - and yet he keeps on arguing......

So we can only conclude that one or more is true.

a) he doesn't think they are idiots afterall. Otherwise he would have stopped.

b) he has no clue what it means & keep arguing with people he thinks are idiots - proving himself to be a bit of an idiot.

c) he has found this to be a passive aggressive way of calling everyone who disagree's with him an idiot while pretending he doesn't engage in practices that are beneath his imagined dignity level.

Well a blast from the past here -
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=248390&postcount=9639
last line......
Amazingly there are some other themes in that reply that apply to R33 as well.... (burden of proof - recent fake accounts thread)
Maybe he's a reincarnation of the foul-mouthed Basic. Ah... how we all miss him - well not really. I fear I reached the same point with old R33. In some ways amusing to tickle him like some of our forummers have the stamina to do. But life's ultimately too short to waste on such "characters"

I suppose immitation is the sincerest form of flattery...... At least I understand what the phrase means (which is why I stopped engaging with him) ............. and don't over use it to death.

pps - dropped by my old place in Jurong last night - like looking at a big overpriced bar of gold. - of course bought at the right time & price. Apologies to those who have been recently been suckered by sweet tales from developers & agents & bought tomorrows dream at next decade prices.

eng81157
02-10-13, 13:27

sorry to disappoint you but you've been hoodwinked by KenoBiWan's jedi mind trick. BTO price being de-linked from HDB resale price is a lie. Reason?

As long as the price of land is being factored into the computation and valuation, there can't never be an absolute de-linking.

Ringo33
02-10-13, 17:18
Dear all - and yet he keeps on arguing......

So we can only conclude that one or more is true.

a) he doesn't think they are idiots afterall. Otherwise he would have stopped.

b) he has no clue what it means & keep arguing with people he thinks are idiots - proving himself to be a bit of an idiot.

c) he has found this to be a passive aggressive way of calling everyone who disagree's with him an idiot while pretending he doesn't engage in practices that are beneath his imagined dignity level.

Well a blast from the past here -
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=248390&postcount=9639
last line......
Amazingly there are some other themes in that reply that apply to R33 as well.... (burden of proof - recent fake accounts thread)
Maybe he's a reincarnation of the foul-mouthed Basic. Ah... how we all miss him - well not really. I fear I reached the same point with old R33. In some ways amusing to tickle him like some of our forummers have the stamina to do. But life's ultimately too short to waste on such "characters"

I suppose immitation is the sincerest form of flattery...... At least I understand what the phrase means (which is why I stopped engaging with him) ............. and don't over use it to death.

pps - dropped by my old place in Jurong last night - like looking at a big overpriced bar of gold. - of course bought at the right time & price. Apologies to those who have been recently been suckered by sweet tales from developers & agents & bought tomorrows dream at next decade prices.

EBD, not so long ago, you mention about best and worst street of Singapore and even guys like DKSG fully agree with your property 101.

So my question is, do you consider Bishan a good or bad street? And why?

Are you trying to score points by saying that you own jurong property? If so, is Jurong a good or bad street? Or does it depends on who bought it?

DKSG
03-10-13, 00:00
EBD, not so long ago, you mention about best and worst street of Singapore and even guys like DKSG fully agree with your property 101.

Are you trying to score points by saying that you own jurong property? If so, is Jurong a good or bad street? Or does it depends on who bought it?

The whole forum knows Bishan is a better street than Jurong.
Only some people keep chanting to themselves that Bishan is cemetery.

More people in Jurong wants to move out to a better place than people staying in Bishan. Bishan is the ideal home for most people, Jurong is just a transistional place for most people until they find a better place to move to.

Bishan is good street, everyone knows.
Jurong is NOT NOT NOT bad street, it is just no as good a street as Bishan.

I know some people have been trying to provoke other readers response by saying other people say Jurong is bad street. In Singapore, we dont have any BAD streets. All our streets are good (Jurong, Boon Lay, Pasir Ris), some better (Mt Sinai, Tanah Merah, Bishan, Thomson), some BEST (Orchard Road, Marina Bay, Sentosa).

DKSG

chestnut
03-10-13, 07:06
CCR districts
9,10,11 + marina and sentosa

RCR districts
District 3,4,5,7,8,12,13,14,15,21

OCR districts
Those not found above...

Please make changes if wrong

http://spring.ura.gov.sg/lad/ore/login/map_ocr.pdf

http://www.sghomeonline.com/singapore-district-guide/

That's why I wonder why tanah merah which is OCR sell so high also????

Would anyone know any other OCR > 1.5k??? I can only think of jurong and tanah merah.... Did u all know Botannia is d5 and rcr??? Not OCR???

Once we define CCR, rcr, OCR as per govt guideline, we can than compare effectively... Now u all know why Botannia, Infiniti, carabelle, hundred trees are expensive - rcr .... HAHAHAHAHAHA

Ringo33
03-10-13, 08:01

More people in Jurong wants to move out to a better place than people staying in Bishan. Bishan is the ideal home for most people, Jurong is just a transistional place for most people until they find a better place to move to.

I know some people have been trying to provoke other readers response by saying other people say Jurong is bad street. In Singapore, we dont have any BAD streets. All our streets are good (Jurong, Boon Lay, Pasir Ris), some better (Mt Sinai, Tanah Merah, Bishan, Thomson), some BEST (Orchard Road, Marina Bay, Sentosa).

DKSG

Here is a picture of Bishan around 20 to 30 years ago. Its pretty much nothing other than a hill full of dead bodies. Back then, suppose you were asked the same question, I am sure you would have said that this is a worst street to live in.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-t_M3n5xPCfs/TsmSlCNG0FI/AAAAAAAAGV4/i2whnt0nCP4/s400/pek%2Bsan%2Bteng%2Bold1_sm.jpg

Fast forward 20 to 30 years, (as you claim) WHOLE FORUM, EVERYONE knows that Bishan is a good street.

So my question

a) Why would you say Jurong will always be Jurong if Bishan can turn from cemetery to superior and good street.

b) From an investment point of view, do you reckon buying Bishan property today will have better growth potential than JLD over the next 10 to 15 years?

In the other thread (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=18201&page=42)

This is what you wrote in response to "EBD PROPERTY 101". Isnt it pretty clear that you are saying that J Gateway is the best house on the worst street of Singapore. Now you are saying Jurong is not a bad street? Are you being a hypocrite here?

Completely agree.

So to all forummers, especially amatuers reading this thread. Remember - for the same price, ALWAYS get the worst unit in the best street rather than the best unit in the worst street.

Upside in Jurong is limited from $1,700 onwards.

The next trend Office Boy predicts is that people will start to take profit in the Jurong area using the $1,700 as benchmark and then use the profit to "upgrade" themselves to nearer to town. And this upgrading wave will continue to pressure (up) prices from Jurong to Orchard.

DKSG

And then you went on to say that Jurong property prices will remain the lowest because its further aware from city. Again you have been proven wrong because prices of RCR and CCR includnig Bishan have actually fallen.

So what other flip flop excuses are you going to give?

This it totally Rubbish!

If Jurong and Clementi is selling at the same price, how many would choose Jurong ? If Clementi and Bouna Vista/Holland area selling at the same price, how many would choose Clementi ?

If you dont believe, you can do your favorite polling la!

Your statements show that you are in total denial!

Thats why I say, if people can find any FH/LH properties between Jurong CCR for $1,800 or less, just GRAB! Especially if it is FH.

I have a few office colleagues who came and ask me whether can buy this Jurong thing or not, I just told them if Queenstown got units at 5% more will they consider ? All of them dropped the idea of buying Jurong at $1,600-$1,800 Immediately. Wont most people ?

Think, people, Think!

DKSG

jslee78
03-10-13, 08:16

You have not explained the part on the aspiration of the HDB upgrader, if the Price of mass PC is so high that it becomes very difficult to fulfill the upgrading aspiration , won't it also cause a lot of resentment on the ground? So the price of PC and HDB cannot totally be delinked. It is a matter of having more or less control; PC price may have less intervention control and may subject to market force more freely. When EC has been accepted as an alternative for mass PC to fulfill the upgrader aspiration by the majority, the price gap between BTO, resale HDB and mass PC will be closely monitored and controlled.

DKSG
03-10-13, 08:22
You dont seem to understand that as Bishan becomes a nicer place, prices in Novena shot up alongside.

This is the Theory of Concentration, which I doubt you can understand.

If you cannot understand why Novena will always be more expensive than Bishan, and Redhill will always be more expensive than Jurong, there is nothing to talk about.

I know it is very worrying that after buying a Jurong MM, the Bishan MM and Thomson MM later sold at the same or lower price, this we can understand.

If Bishan last time 20 years ago, people tell u a story and sold you at $1,0xx psf and you buy, then you will be like the Bishan 8 folks, who spend the next 15 years trying to catch up!

Wait wait wait!

I just noticed you are trying to tell us that 10-15 years later Jurong whatever Lake whatever district will be well established and prices will escalate. This point, we all agree!

What we are telling you is, you have already paid the 10 year later price already. Evidence ? PCs around Jurong now still at $1,1xx-$1,2xx.

You Jurong story an facilities apply to MANY MANY MANY Jurong PCs right ? If many people are so convinced, many many people will find that Jurong PC at $1,2xx is very cheap and prices will start to move up to say $1,5xx!

But this is not happening since the Jurong PC was sold till now.

If people tell you that next door new PC sold for $1,6xx, how come people still wanna sell at $1,1xx-$1,2xx ? Only 1 person knows the Jurong development story ?

DKSG

DKSG
03-10-13, 08:23
You have not explained the part on the aspiration of the HDB upgrader, if the Price of mass PC is so high that it becomes very difficult to fulfill the upgrading aspiration , won't it also cause a lot of resentment on the ground? So the price of PC and HDB cannot totally be delinked. It is a matter of having more or less control; PC price may have less intervention control and may subject to market force more freely. When EC has been accepted as an alternative for mass PC to fulfill the upgrader aspiration by the majority, the price gap between BTO, resale HDB and mass PC will be closely monitored and controlled.

Jurong at $1,6xx psf, is already delinked from HDB, in fact, dislocated.
DKSG

Ringo33
03-10-13, 08:29
You dont seem to understand that as Bishan becomes a nicer place, prices in Novena shot up alongside.

This is the Theory of Concentration, which I doubt you can understand.

If you cannot understand why Novena will always be more expensive than Bishan, and Redhill will always be more expensive than Jurong, there is nothing to talk about.

I know it is very worrying that after buying a Jurong MM, the Bishan MM and Thomson MM later sold at the same or lower price, this we can understand.

If Bishan last time 20 years ago, people tell u a story and sold you at $1,0xx psf and you buy, then you will be like the Bishan 8 folks, who spend the next 15 years trying to catch up!

Wait wait wait!

I just noticed you are trying to tell us that 10-15 years later Jurong whatever Lake whatever district will be well established and prices will escalate. This point, we all agree!

What we are telling you is, you have already paid the 10 year later price already. Evidence ? PCs around Jurong now still at $1,1xx-$1,2xx.

You Jurong story an facilities apply to MANY MANY MANY Jurong PCs right ? If many people are so convinced, many many people will find that Jurong PC at $1,2xx is very cheap and prices will start to move up to say $1,5xx!

But this is not happening since the Jurong PC was sold till now.

If people tell you that next door new PC sold for $1,6xx, how come people still wanna sell at $1,1xx-$1,2xx ? Only 1 person knows the Jurong development story ?

DKSG

So my question

a) Why would you say Jurong will always be Jurong if Bishan can turn from cemetery to superior and good street.

b) From an investment point of view, do you reckon buying Bishan property today will have better growth potential than JLD over the next 10 to 15 years?

NorthernStar
03-10-13, 08:42
sorry to disappoint you but you've been hoodwinked by KenoBiWan's jedi mind trick. BTO price being de-linked from HDB resale price is a lie. Reason?

As long as the price of land is being factored into the computation and valuation, there can't never be an absolute de-linking.

I agreed that eventually the price between BTO and resale will be linked back. But which is following which? last time, the BTO priced based on resale values in the region and give discount. going forward, resale price have to follow the BTO's price + premium.. This is how i feel..:2cents:

proper-t
03-10-13, 08:43
So my question

a) Why would you say Jurong will always be Jurong....

Jurong will always be Jurong unless they shift all the refineries, the two Tuas solid waste incinerators and toxic chemical companies away from that district in the next 10-15 years.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b566/proper-t/jurong_zps1644094b.jpg

NorthernStar
03-10-13, 08:48
This trend i see is: Gov is going toward more social benefit. They seem to do whatever they can to fulfil the basic needs of the majority. i.e House(for self-stay), food, school for children. The rest (eg. upgrade to condo) are the higher hierarchy of the human's need.

if ppl complain they can't afford a house to stay, gov need to solve it. If ppl complain they can't stay in condo just to fulfil their self-esteem?? u know the country is in deep troubles.

hopeful
03-10-13, 09:19

DKSG

In Singapore we dont have any poor citizens.
Our hawker centre cleaners earning good income ($1000)
Our office workers earning better income ($5000)
Our best workers earning best income ($10000)
That's why we have no minimum salary, all are earning good or better or best income.

Being a cleaner is a good job, everyone knows.
Being a cleaner is NOT NOT NOT bad job, it is just not as good a job as a office worker.

In singapore, we are all healthy.
Patient in stage 4 cancer in good health.
Patient in stage 1 cancer in better health
Patient no cancer is best health.
That's why we can have 1 year waiting time, since everybody is in good or better or best health.

Patient in stage 4 cancer in good health, everyone knows.
Patient in stage 4 cancer is NOT NOT NOT bad health, it is just not as good health as a patient with stage 1 cancer.

taken in this context, Jurong is indeed a good street.

DKSG
03-10-13, 13:19
Jurong will always be Jurong unless they shift all the refineries, the two Tuas solid waste incinerators and toxic chemical companies away from that district in the next 10-15 years.

Office Boy is fortunate to be made aware of the plans on Jurong Island.
Instead of moving these industries away from Jurong, there are now even MORE MORE MORE plans to expand these industries on Jurong Island. Jur Island is going to become an even BIGGER BIGGER island than ever with even more more more refineries, toxic spewing chinmeys, and fumes than ever ever!

EBD
03-10-13, 13:33

As for scoring points - who cares what kind of stupid emotional piggy bank you are running. I couldn't care less about how you interpret my statement or how you feel about it.
Maybe you have become arrogant enough to think you have facts about my thought processes.

I own a large apt in Jurong. It suited it's purpose at the time & was such a steal for the price I didn't bother selling it when I moved back down town. It has increased nicely in dollar terms since I bought it & has large inherent value for its location. Especially when you have useful idiots paying 4x my purchase price (maybe 2.5x on todays market) per square foot relatively close by. (you're helping me be the worst house on the best street!)

Feel free to go through my ancient history - you seem to have endless time on your hands.
Needless to say I have in the past complained about the air quality there, to pretend there are no problems with it is wishful thinking. Is it as bad as some on here are saying? Of course not. They are frankly winding you up.

So I will answer this for the rest of the forumers.
Our good friend R33 is too lazy to google "worst house, best street".
http://tinyurl.com/k48erfx

I am not advocating that people must believe in it - just like I wouldn't insist people believe in location location location. It is however a well established phrase - I didn't make it up. It's about getting the best comparative bang for your buck between 2 different areas.

As you can see from R33 question - he doesn't get it all. He thinks good steet/ bad street is an ACTUAL street - when it is clearly a metaphor for getting the most inherent value for your fixed amount of dollars.

Somehow it's my fault that he doesn't have the cognitive power to process such simple concepts & seems to demand I spell it out for him as I were his hired tutor.
Well, been there, tried that but..... he can't grasp it. His lack of intellect is not my fault.

For anyone else with half a functioning brain cell I would ask a simple question - and lets remove Singapore from the picture to remove the emotion.

If you had the money & could buy roughly the same type of property in the in Jersey City & Manhatten which one do you go for.

Sure the one in Jersey is nice & new & big , but it's in a worse neighborhood than the smaller apartment off central park. Remember - same money, your not spending 3x for the apartment of central park.

So which is the best street,worst house & best house,worse street in this scenario? Which one has more inherent potential.

Now compare the same Jersey City house to a really nice house in upstate new york like Norwich. Same money. Isn't the best street now in Jersey.

Difficult metaphor I know - real PhD stuff. But someone here thinks the best street has an actual postcode on it. :doh:

So in answer to his retarded question if I had the choice to spend 700k on an apartment in Jurong vs 700K in pioneer which do you plump for?

What about Jurong vs pulau ubin, or Jurong vs JB.
What about Jurong vs upper bukit timah.

upper bukit timah vs bukit timah/dunearn.
Jurong vs River Valley.
River Valley vs Anguillia Rd?

If you can find for the same price - which one?

Really tough right? I bet none of you could pick out which had the inherent value in any of those scenarios. It really is too tough!

In our friends case - he has bought the highest priced condo in Jurong (well maybe not, from previous a conversation he refused to be drawn on whether he had actually committed) - for which I am very grateful for as he is helping drag the value of my apartment up at no cost to myself. But for the money he's paid he could have no doubt got another apartment in a better location.

Too bad he came too late to the party and is on the receiving end of "selling the news" not "buying the rumour" - price totally baked in, developer laughing all the way to the bank with his cash.

03-10-13, 13:47
That's why I wonder why tanah merah which is OCR sell so high also????

Would anyone know any other OCR > 1.5k??? I can only think of jurong and tanah merah....

Hillion Residence (Bukit Panjang) MM units averaging $1530 psf

Midtown Residence (Hougang) MM units averaging $1511 psf

Both are 99LH mixed development...

03-10-13, 13:55

The gap between resale HDB and suburban pc may widen initially and then narrow again due to market forces...

03-10-13, 14:43
Hillion Residence (Bukit Panjang) MM units averaging $1530 psf

Midtown Residence (Hougang) MM units averaging $1511 psf

Both are 99LH mixed development...

Recent transacted prices. Not all high psf were for small units; some were for big units

Kingsford Hillview Peak: $1347 to $1482 psf from Jul 2013 to Sep 2013

Watertown: $1348 to $1391 psf from Apr 2013 to Sep 2013

Bedok Residence: $1050 to $1313 psf from Apr 2013 to Sep 2013

MM units:
The Luxurie: Low: $1204psf; High: $1405psf from Sep 2011 to Nov 2011

Watertown and Bedok Residence are 99LH mixed development. While Kingsford Hillview Peak and The Luxurie are 99LH projects. All are near MRT stations (note: Hillview MRT station is not ready)

03-10-13, 15:42
IIRC, I once heard an interview with Frasers Centrepoint CEO (a few years ago) about his views on the residential property market and how he is positioning his company. He said the mass market condo is the way to go, adding that he thinks the trend will be in tact for the years to come, barring any unforeseen circumstances...

On hindsight, seems like he is right so far. OCR properties have sold very well for some time now. Will OCR still continue its march is anyone's guess.

Among the big developers, seems like CDL, FCL and to a certain extend FEO caught the trend early. FEO, on its own, seems to focus on high-end projects while partnering with FCL for mass-market condos. Capitaland, Keppel Land and WingTai seems to be late-comers to the trend (I think until recently they used to focus on mid-high to high-end ones). I think UOL wasn't too far behind CDL and FCL. Just that it seems they were dipping their toes initially and now expanded their portfolio. These are just my impressions which may not be accurate.

Ringo33
03-10-13, 17:12
As for scoring points - who cares what kind of stupid emotional piggy bank you are running. I couldn't care less about how you interpret my statement or how you feel about it.
Maybe you have become arrogant enough to think you have facts about my thought processes.

I own a large apt in Jurong. It suited it's purpose at the time & was such a steal for the price I didn't bother selling it when I moved back down town. It has increased nicely in dollar terms since I bought it & has large inherent value for its location. Especially when you have useful idiots paying 4x my purchase price (maybe 2.5x on todays market) per square foot relatively close by. (you're helping me be the worst house on the best street!)

Feel free to go through my ancient history - you seem to have endless time on your hands.
Needless to say I have in the past complained about the air quality there, to pretend there are no problems with it is wishful thinking. Is it as bad as some on here are saying? Of course not. They are frankly winding you up.

So I will answer this for the rest of the forumers.
Our good friend R33 is too lazy to google "worst house, best street".
http://tinyurl.com/k48erfx

I am not advocating that people must believe in it - just like I wouldn't insist people believe in location location location. It is however a well established phrase - I didn't make it up. It's about getting the best comparative bang for your buck between 2 different areas.

As you can see from R33 question - he doesn't get it all. He thinks good steet/ bad street is an ACTUAL street - when it is clearly a metaphor for getting the most inherent value for your fixed amount of dollars.

Somehow it's my fault that he doesn't have the cognitive power to process such simple concepts & seems to demand I spell it out for him as I were his hired tutor.
Well, been there, tried that but..... he can't grasp it. His lack of intellect is not my fault.

For anyone else with half a functioning brain cell I would ask a simple question - and lets remove Singapore from the picture to remove the emotion.

If you had the money & could buy roughly the same type of property in the in Jersey City & Manhatten which one do you go for.

Sure the one in Jersey is nice & new & big , but it's in a worse neighborhood than the smaller apartment off central park. Remember - same money, your not spending 3x for the apartment of central park.

So which is the best street,worst house & best house,worse street in this scenario? Which one has more inherent potential.

Now compare the same Jersey City house to a really nice house in upstate new york like Norwich. Same money. Isn't the best street now in Jersey.

Difficult metaphor I know - real PhD stuff. But someone here thinks the best street has an actual postcode on it. :doh:

So in answer to his retarded question if I had the choice to spend 700k on an apartment in Jurong vs 700K in pioneer which do you plump for?

What about Jurong vs pulau ubin, or Jurong vs JB.
What about Jurong vs upper bukit timah.

upper bukit timah vs bukit timah/dunearn.
Jurong vs River Valley.
River Valley vs Anguillia Rd?

If you can find for the same price - which one?

Really tough right? I bet none of you could pick out which had the inherent value in any of those scenarios. It really is too tough!

In our friends case - he has bought the highest priced condo in Jurong (well maybe not, from previous a conversation he refused to be drawn on whether he had actually committed) - for which I am very grateful for as he is helping drag the value of my apartment up at no cost to myself. But for the money he's paid he could have no doubt got another apartment in a better location.

Too bad he came too late to the party and is on the receiving end of "selling the news" not "buying the rumour" - price totally baked in, developer laughing all the way to the bank with his cash.

This is perhaps the longest thread i have ever read in this forum.

good job EBD, but I still catch no ball.

You talk about buying the worst house on the best street is better than buying the best house in the worst street. And you went on to say RV is a example of a good street, while obviously you refer property in Jurong as worst street (else why bother to talk about it so loudly in the thread about WEST right).

IIRC, I did pick 2 properties 1 from RV (Best street) located right next to Chinese Temple and the other one in ulu Jurong call Capsian. when we put both together, it is pretty obviously which on has got better capital gain and rental yield. So property guru, it does seem like so call property 101 doesnt really make much money sense leh.

And if we are have this conversation 20 to 30 years ago, would you consider Bishan Cemetery as good street??? Perhaps you will be laughing and calling buyer of bishan property as idiot or crazy.

DKSG
03-10-13, 18:57

You talk about buying the worst house on the best street is better than buying the best house in the worst street. And you went on to say RV is a example of a good street, while obviously you refer property in Jurong as worst street (else why bother to talk about it so loudly in the thread about WEST right).

IIRC, I did pick 2 properties 1 from RV (Best street) located right next to Chinese Temple and the other one in ulu Jurong call Capsian. when we put both together, it is pretty obviously which on has got better capital gain and rental yield. So property guru, it does seem like so call property 101 doesnt really make much money sense leh.

And if we are have this conversation 20 to 30 years ago, would you consider Bishan Cemetery as good street??? Perhaps you will be laughing and calling buyer of bishan property as idiot or crazy.

I think it has come to a point in time we should only make direct statements like : "The 30 people who paid $16xx-$17xx psf for the Jurong MM has overpaid because Bishan/Thomson MM are selling for the same price!"

The potential of most property has always been factored in by the developers. If there are credible potential like the Jurong one, developer will quickly try to con(vince) people to pay $1,6xx.

If they are going to build a mega mall in Bishan, straight away developer will price it in. Look at all those PCs around proposed MRT, all priced in already.

The problem with the Jurong one (the 30 people who paid $16xx-$17xx) is that the potential of all these "future developments - some 20 years" are all priced in liao!

The lesson we must learn from visiting showflats is to understand what is the price of PCs around the new launch was selling BEFORE the launch and what is the launch price.

If say the difference is $500 psf!!! then we know that developer has priced in $500 psf of "future developments".

DKSG

DKSG
03-10-13, 18:59

For a person who cannot understand why the valuation of Orchard is always higher than Newton and Newton higher than Novena, how to understand EDB's post ?

DKSG

Trevortan
03-10-13, 19:08

Jurong will always stay as an industrial area for chemical plants to be situated offshore. Our catchment area in the middle is there to stay which means areas like bishan and thomson area will be used for residential purposes only.

Ringo33
03-10-13, 19:22
For a person who cannot understand why the valuation of Orchard is always higher than Newton and Newton higher than Novena, how to understand EDB's post ?

DKSG

I am not very sure what exactly are you trying to prove with this statement, it seems to me that you are saying to be smart investor, you need to buy the most expensive because the valuation is higher.

What is the point of chasing expensive CCR apartment when the buying actions are in OCR? Because you can show off you money? OR because you have more expensive taste?

Allthepies
03-10-13, 19:47
Jurong will always stay as an industrial area for chemical plants to be situated offshore. Our catchment area in the middle is there to stay which means areas like bishan and thomson area will be used for residential purposes only.

Pasir Gudang and Johor grew tremendously because of palm oil and petrochemical industries in the Pasir Gudang Industrial Estate and the Tanjung Langsat Industrial Complex

Wow no place is safe in Singapore, your Northeast monsoon will bring lots of fresh air from pasir gudang to Bishan.

No wonder we need to develop underground city....

DKSG
03-10-13, 22:33
I am not very sure what exactly are you trying to prove with this statement, it seems to me that you are saying to be smart investor, you need to buy the most expensive because the valuation is higher.

What is the point of chasing expensive CCR apartment when the buying actions are in OCR? Because you can show off you money? OR because you have more expensive taste?

You are not there yet. In terms of understanding property valuation or human aspirations.

Try to meditate and understand why Orchard Road is more desirable or higher valuation then Newton first. If you have problem, try using Novena or Balestier, then slowly you will get it.

DKSG

Ringo33
03-10-13, 22:47
You are not there yet. In terms of understanding property valuation or human aspirations.

Try to meditate and understand why Orchard Road is more desirable or higher valuation then Newton first. If you have problem, try using Novena or Balestier, then slowly you will get it.

DKSG

You have obviously got it wrong with your market prediction of jurong pc owner cashing out to buy property closer to central and that price of property from jurong to orchards will rise as a result. Bishan price has fallen by 10 to 15%. RCR ccr prices has fallen while OCR prices continue to rise.

Perhaps it about time for you to stop acting like you know so much.

Aspiration? Is that exclusive to people living in orchard and cemetery land!

Regulators
04-10-13, 00:32
When i try to explain that for resale condos, increase in future valuations is based on increase in average transacted price for the condo, he went on to argue that this method is idiotic, how can we expect much from his extremely limited brain capacity?

DKSG

Ringo33
04-10-13, 06:59
When i try to explain that for resale condos, increase in future valuations is based on increase in average transacted price for the condo, he went on to argue that this method is idiotic, how can we expect much from his extremely limited brain capacity?

Stop lying please.

Your idiotic methodology involve using 1 single transaction to determine the price trajectory of the property without factoring the unit floor, layout, facing condition etc. At the same time, you are reluctant to accept that if using your idiotic methodology, 1 transaction that is selling at lower psf will in the same way bring also down the value of property because Regent Height was used as an example, the one development that you have been bragging in this forum.

yowetan
04-10-13, 08:45
Please do not get work up over trival matters.

Let's talk about Mt Sinai instead. It is prestigous and full of potential.

lionhill
04-10-13, 08:58

Interesting, would you list the potential of Mt Sinai? pelase note facts such as "near to Herry Park, holland village and orchard" have been coutned in.

DKSG
04-10-13, 09:01
You have obviously got it wrong with your market prediction of jurong pc owner cashing out to buy property closer to central and that price of property from jurong to orchards will rise as a result. Bishan price has fallen by 10 to 15%. RCR ccr prices has fallen while OCR prices continue to rise.

Perhaps it about time for you to stop acting like you know so much.

Aspiration? Is that exclusive to people living in orchard and cemetery land!

If your projection is 10-15 years, Jurong people moving out of Jurong to a better location is within the next 5 years. And I said IF and only IF Jurong PCs see prices moving up because of the Jurong MM people paid $1,6xx-$,7xx.

Based on what we are seeing, now, it seems that Jurong PCs prices have not see any major uptick since the Jurong MM were sold for $1,6xx-$1,7xx.

Everyone has ASPIRATION to move from Jurong to a BETTER place. Except those who bought the Jurong MM for $1,6xx-$1,7xx. Their aspiration has been shelved for the next 10-15 years while they wait for the Jurong whatever lake whatever district to take shape and await when prices move to $1,9xx. But even so, prices in other better locations would have already gone beyond that!

Thus, while those who bought Jurong MM for $1,6xx-$1,7xx cannot understand aspiration, those reading these posts can understand why those who bought Jurong MM for $1,6xx-$1,7xx cannot think of, unable to think of, will not want to think of, cannot understand why others got aspirations to move out of Jurong when they can comfortably afford it!

Aspiration! The driving force behind our property market.

HDB dwellers aspire to move to ECs, ECs owners want to cash out take profit and move to PCs. People stay Punggol wants to cash out to move to Bishan. Bishan owners wants to cash out and move to Novena/Newton.

All these for SOME (not all) those who bought Jurong MM at $1,6xx-$1,7xx, may not be able to understand.

So for those who cannot understand we will not elaborate further.

We can just conclude that those who boguht Jurong MM for $1,6xx-$1,7xx have a very high chance got screwed. NOT EVERYONE of the xx buyers got screwed, some knows they are overpaying but has got their reasons or love for the location and willing to overpay! Some just follow the Q like normal Singaporeans.

Can imagine people see queue they join in, then reached front of the Q then realized the free gift is tampons! Which are useful to some, useless to some!

DKSG

Regulators
04-10-13, 10:24
Talking to u is worse than talking to a primary school kid :doh:

You still don't understand what it means by increase in average transaction prices causes increase in future valuation despite explaining that countless times to you? You think banks so free to go down to the condo to see the view n layout of the unit to give a valuation? What then is a basis for them to come out with a figure? if not based on average transacted price, then based on a number in their dreams?? Bank valuers don't go down to the condo to see the unit layout or look at scenery if that is what u r thinking. It appears u hv obviously never even called a bank to ask for valuation of a pty before so obviously u won't know n u r pretending u know. I hv done that many times coz I own multiple properties. As for regent hts, if u r so dumb to think that average transacted prices hv not increased between 2010 (time I bought) n 2013, i think u r beyond redemption :doh:

Stop lying please.

Your idiotic methodology involve using 1 single transaction to determine the price trajectory of the property without factoring the unit floor, layout, facing condition etc. At the same time, you are reluctant to accept that if using your idiotic methodology, 1 transaction that is selling at lower psf will in the same way bring also down the value of property because Regent Height was used as an example, the one development that you have been bragging in this forum.

Ringo33
04-10-13, 16:54
Talking to u is worse than talking to a primary school kid :doh:

You still don't understand what it means by increase in average transaction prices causes increase in future valuation despite explaining that countless times to you? You think banks so free to go down to the condo to see the view n layout of the unit to give a valuation? What then is a basis for them to come out with a figure? if not based on average transacted price, then based on a number in their dreams?? Bank valuers don't go down to the condo to see the unit layout or look at scenery if that is what u r thinking. It appears u hv obviously never even called a bank to ask for valuation of a pty before so obviously u won't know n u r pretending u know. I hv done that many times coz I own multiple properties. As for regent hts, if u r so dumb to think that average transacted prices hv not increased between 2010 (time I bought) n 2013, i think u r beyond redemption :doh:

Nah, private property doesnt have central valuation department like HDB, banks can approve and match your valuation by a simple phone call and valuation amount varies from bank to bank depending how aggressive and hungry they, relationship and many other factors.. So please stop all that bullshit bank valuation can drive property prices.

If you want to talk about valuation going up by 1 transaction, then you should accept that fact that Regent Height valuation has just drop due to 1 low transaction last month.

Perhaps you should start convincing yourself with your idiotic methodology to cash out your RH because RH is old, its leasehold and it far away from all the growth region.

Regulators
04-10-13, 18:36
U dare say average transacted price of regent hts haven't moved up between 2010 n 2013? Who told u that few transactions can't increase average price movement, if the project only hv few tens of units n only few high transactions in that year, u dare say average transacted price didn't move up for that year? Spend so long talking to u about increase in average transacted px u still dont get it, if that is not idiotic , then what is? :doh:

Btw ur personal comments about regent hts I take that as sour grapes coz u will never be able to afford a three bedder pc on any part of our island with ur measly budget of $7xxk.

Nah, private property doesnt have central valuation department like HDB, banks can approve and match your valuation by a simple phone call and valuation amount varies from bank to bank depending how aggressive and hungry they, relationship and many other factors.. So please stop all that bullshit bank valuation can drive property prices.

If you want to talk about valuation going up by 1 transaction, then you should accept that fact that Regent Height valuation has just drop due to 1 low transaction last month.

Perhaps you should start convincing yourself with your idiotic methodology to cash out your RH because RH is old, its leasehold and it far away from all the growth region.

Ringo33
05-10-13, 06:29
U dare say average transacted price of regent hts haven't moved up between 2010 n 2013? Who told u that few transactions can't increase average price movement, if the project only hv few tens of units n only few high transactions in that year, u dare say average transacted price didn't move up for that year? Spend so long talking to u about increase in average transacted px u still dont get it, if that is not idiotic , then what is? :doh:

Btw ur personal comments about regent hts I take that as sour grapes coz u will never be able to afford a three bedder pc on any part of our island with ur measly budget of $7xxk.

I am sure you just made that up to feed the headless troll.

READ BEFORE you POST.

DKSG
06-10-13, 01:01

Sounds like you dont have a private banker!

I did try to ask my banker to value one of my properties 20% above last transaction(s) and they said they tried many valuers and all say cannot.

Valuers are governed professionally, please DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT condescend them this way. If you want to say agents are ruthless people who sell $1,3xx properties for $1,6xx without batting an eyelid, most people here would agree. But insulting valuers like that, saying that they will agree to any value as long as they get some benefits is very low.

DKSG
PS : I respect valuers.

DKSG
06-10-13, 01:05

So if Mt Sinai and Jurong same price, which will you pick ?

DKSG

Ringo33
06-10-13, 07:26
Sounds like you dont have a private banker!

I did try to ask my banker to value one of my properties 20% above last transaction(s) and they said they tried many valuers and all say cannot.

Valuers are governed professionally, please DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT condescend them this way. If you want to say agents are ruthless people who sell $1,3xx properties for $1,6xx without batting an eyelid, most people here would agree. But insulting valuers like that, saying that they will agree to any value as long as they get some benefits is very low.

DKSG
PS : I respect valuers.

Stop blowing your own trumpet and making assumption of others.

Anyone who invest in property knows that different banks will give you different valuation and there is no such thing as standardize valuation for private property. In fact, valuer will only visit your property to do valuation AFTER you have signed the letter of offer NOT before.

So please cut all that BS about about valuation driving property prices.

If you want to insist, then can you explain how J Gateway buyers managed to get their loan approved when there were no such thing as $1700psf in the entire history of Jurong?

Are you aware that you are sounding very desperate and ridicules, perhaps you should stop trying to convince yourself you are right and the over 700 buyers at J Gateway are wrong.

Ringo33
06-10-13, 07:27
So if Mt Sinai and Jurong same price, which will you pick ?

DKSG

Same psf price, but double the size double quantum

Please stop feeding the trolls

DKSG
06-10-13, 10:29
Same psf price, but double the size double quantum

Please stop feeding the trolls

Where got double the size, even if you use the $1,4xx for the bigger units, the statement is still true.

Stop feeding yourself!

Anyway, new launches prices is moderating, we will see more of the "same price as Jurong" coming up soon. Will certainly keep everyone posted.

DKSG

Xan
06-10-13, 11:07
Stop blowing your own trumpet and making assumption of others.

Anyone who invest in property knows that different banks will give you different valuation and there is no such thing as standardize valuation for private property. In fact, valuer will only visit your property to do valuation AFTER you have signed the letter of offer NOT before.

So please cut all that BS about about valuation driving property prices.

If you want to insist, then can you explain how J Gateway buyers managed to get their loan approved when there were no such thing as $1700psf in the entire history of Jurong?

Are you aware that you are sounding very desperate and ridicules, perhaps you should stop trying to convince yourself you are right and the over 700 buyers at J Gateway are wrong.

Dont mean to start argument but Seriously I think u are wrong in the valuation part.
I sold my props a couple of times and their valuation is usually based on recent transact price. It's not anyhow humtum one. All bank's valuation is quite close usually.

amk
06-10-13, 11:27
New sale can get whatever valuation as long as there is a buyer . Bank doesn't care.
Resale has to be based on recent px. You can negotiate a bit higher "if there is evidence of offer".

DKSG
06-10-13, 16:03
New sale can get whatever valuation as long as there is a buyer . Bank doesn't care.
Resale has to be based on recent px. You can negotiate a bit higher "if there is evidence of offer".

The very key word here is "bit". 1,2,3% more the bank can try.

A bit higher yes. You can try to check if the bank will loan you money to buy Caspian at $1,4xx or $1,5xx psf ?! And tell them "hey! the recent Jurong PC sold for $1,4xx, $1,5xx, $1,6xx, $1,7xx also !

DKSG

Ringo33
06-10-13, 17:15
Dont mean to start argument but Seriously I think u are wrong in the valuation part.
I sold my props a couple of times and their valuation is usually based on recent transact price. It's not anyhow humtum one. All bank's valuation is quite close usually.

I can tell you that bank valuation is very subjective. If you call up mortgage broker they will know which bank to recommend you if you need higher valuation.

And the point here is that valuation doesnt drive property prices, it only facilitate.

If everything is based on historical price, then how on earth is JG buyers going to get loan @ $1700psf.

Ringo33
06-10-13, 17:19
The very key word here is "bit". 1,2,3% more the bank can try.

A bit higher yes. You can try to check if the bank will loan you money to buy Caspian at $1,4xx or $1,5xx psf ?! And tell them "hey! the recent Jurong PC sold for $1,4xx, $1,5xx, $1,6xx, $1,7xx also !

DKSG

It is just silly to say bishan is superior because it has got high valuation.
Just admit it and move on, dont need to waste time cooking up stories after stories.

Honestly you think you are the only on in this forum who are buying and selling property?

DKSG
07-10-13, 00:13
Just admit it and move on, dont need to waste time cooking up stories after stories.

Honestly you think you are the only on in this forum who are buying and selling property?

You for one, seems stuck with the Jurong MM for the next 4 years at least.

Most serious investors here balance their portfolio. At this moment, many hold about 30-50% cash. If market cheong some more, they sell. If market starts to show signs of decline (like what the news report today), people start to hunt for bargains.

If you cannot understand why Newton value is higher than Novena, why Clementi value of higher than Jurong. There is nothing more to say. One simple way to understand is to check out what Caspian was selling before people bought the Jurong MM, then compare that price with various PC around Singapore. That determine Jurong and which locations are at price parity. Then when the Jurong MM was sold at $1,6xx-$1,7xx, check out at the same psf, what other MMs new old included (or course I cannot expect you to know how to computer price variance between new old - or can you ?) and see which locations are at $1,6xx-$1,7xx. Then you will know how much the developers whacked the Jurong MM buyers who paid $1,6xx-$1,7xx.

DKSG

DKSG

DKSG
07-10-13, 00:19

Which part of Bishan is superior to Jurong that you cannot understand ?
Clementi got superior valuation than Jurong you can understand ?

Redhill got superior valuation than Clementi you can understand ?
Newton got superior valuation than Novena can understand ?

If No, for all the above, I will stop trying to explain to you. Because I think most of the readers can understand why Newton more expensive than Novena. And that is just one street away.

DKSG

Ringo33
07-10-13, 05:42
You for one, seems stuck with the Jurong MM for the next 4 years at least.

Most serious investors here balance their portfolio. At this moment, many hold about 30-50% cash. If market cheong some more, they sell. If market starts to show signs of decline (like what the news report today), people start to hunt for bargains.

If you cannot understand why Newton value is higher than Novena, why Clementi value of higher than Jurong. There is nothing more to say. One simple way to understand is to check out what Caspian was selling before people bought the Jurong MM, then compare that price with various PC around Singapore. That determine Jurong and which locations are at price parity. Then when the Jurong MM was sold at $1,6xx-$1,7xx, check out at the same psf, what other MMs new old included (or course I cannot expect you to know how to computer price variance between new old - or can you ?) and see which locations are at $1,6xx-$1,7xx. Then you will know how much the developers whacked the Jurong MM buyers who paid $1,6xx-$1,7xx.

DKSG

DKSG

Again you are making up stories and painting your own silly picture about how great and smart you are while others are poor and stupid.

This to me is a sign of great weakness.

Just suck thumb and move on lah.

Ringo33
07-10-13, 06:07
Which part of Bishan is superior to Jurong that you cannot understand ?
Clementi got superior valuation than Jurong you can understand ?

Redhill got superior valuation than Clementi you can understand ?
Newton got superior valuation than Novena can understand ?

If No, for all the above, I will stop trying to explain to you. Because I think most of the readers can understand why Newton more expensive than Novena. And that is just one street away.

DKSG

Let cut all the long stories of comparing which project is superior and valuation bla bla bla. At the end of the day, for investors, its about capital gain and rental yield potential.

Are you saying that when both SV and JG top in 3 to 4 years time, SV will achieve higher capital appreciation and rental yield than JG?

Yes or No?

hsifreffup
07-10-13, 10:50
Let cut all the long stories of comparing which project is superior and valuation bla bla bla. At the end of the day, for investors, its about capital gain and rental yield potential.

As an investor, I go for capital gain and rental yield with the least amount of risk.

mermaid
07-10-13, 10:52
As an investor, I go for capital gain and rental yield with the least amount of risk.

As an investor, I go for capital gain and rental yield with the least amount of risk & initial capital outlay.

Ringo33
07-10-13, 11:34
As an investor, I go for capital gain and rental yield with the least amount of risk & initial capital outlay.

I presume Sky Vue will be your choice at the moment because you have been talking so much about the superior Bishan etc etc.

Btw, Am i right to say that you are betting Sky Vue will outperform J Gateway both in terms of Capital Gain and Rental Yield when both projects TOP in about 3 to 4 years time.

Many people read all the good things you have said about SV and all the negative things about JG, so cut the long story short. Just give us a Yes or No answer.

minority
07-10-13, 11:36
i want no cash outlay and no risk but want to make capital gain and collect rent. have bo?

mermaid
07-10-13, 11:39
i want no cash outlay and no risk but want to make capital gain and collect rent. have bo?

get yrself a box of Monopoly & I shall play wif u! :D

mermaid
07-10-13, 11:41
I presume Sky Vue will be your choice at the moment because you have been talking so much about the superior Bishan etc etc.

Btw, Am i right to say that you are betting Sky Vue will outperform J Gateway both in terms of Capital Gain and Rental Yield when both projects TOP in about 3 to 4 years time.

Many people read all the good things you have said about SV and all the negative things about JG, so cut the long story short. Just give us a Yes or No answer.

Do I even nid to respond to u since u r so presumptuous? :doh:
tink b4 u ask can or not?

Regulators
07-10-13, 11:41
Obviously jgateway is not the project to buy based on your requirements

mermaid
07-10-13, 11:43
Obviously jgateway is not the project to buy based on your requirements

oh really?

but prophet R33 predicted tat I will return to tis forum 3 yrs later under another nick to sing praises of JG wor! :scared-4:

Ringo33
07-10-13, 11:57
Do I even nid to respond to u since u r so presumptuous? :doh:
tink b4 u ask can or not?

wah piang, after so much BIG BIG talk about bishan this bishan that and JG overpriced etc now ask you are straight forward question you cant even say yes or no.

What shame. If I were you, I will just quit this forum right away. Whats the point of hanging around here calling yourself an "INVESTOR"

hopeful
07-10-13, 11:58

only a few years back, Malaysia have minimal DP, and still developer still have cash back. so effectively, buyer has 0% cash outlay.

mermaid
07-10-13, 12:00
What shame. If I were you, I will just quit this forum right away.

u better dun quit. else when u return in another nick I scare I cannot recognise u :(

unless u return as Ringo34 :scared-4:

wahahaha :D

Ringo33
07-10-13, 12:04
u better dun quit. else when u return in another nick I scare I cannot recognise u :(

unless u return as Ringo34 :scared-4:

wahahaha :D

MERMAID, dont side track leh.

After all the BIG TALK about superior Bishan and Sky Vue,

"AS AN INVESTOR" Am I right to say that you are betting Sky Vue in Bishan will achieve higher capital gain and rental yield as compare to J gateway when both project TOP in about 3 to 4 years time.

Yes or No?

minority
07-10-13, 14:33
only a few years back, Malaysia have minimal DP, and still developer still have cash back. so effectively, buyer has 0% cash outlay.

That address the no cash outlay portion. what at the Risk? dont address negative equity risk or illiquid risk or risk of getting rob ( by muggers or state)

minority
07-10-13, 14:35
get yrself a box of Monopoly & I shall play wif u! :D

cannot leh..my pay $$ to buy the monopoly box . thats cash outlay!

mermaid
07-10-13, 14:36
cannot leh..my pay $$ to buy the monopoly box . thats cash outlay!

who ask u to buy? :p
u can always borrow from yr neighbours' kids :D

Ringo33
07-10-13, 14:44

Wah lao did you suddenly turn from Mermaid into a tortoise hiding in the shell or something?

After all the BIG TALK about superior Bishan and Sky Vue,

"AS AN INVESTOR" Am I right to say that you are betting Sky Vue in Bishan will achieve higher capital gain and rental yield as compare to J gateway when both project TOP in about 3 to 4 years time.

Yes or No?

Simple question also cannot answer want to call yourself investors?

You are right play monopoly better lah.

hopeful
07-10-13, 14:47
That address the no cash outlay portion. what at the Risk? dont address negative equity risk or illiquid risk or risk of getting rob ( by muggers or state)

if no cash outlay means no risk already right?

mermaid
07-10-13, 14:50

no risk doesn't necc means no opportunity cost ...

hsifreffup
07-10-13, 15:04

True, but note that initial capital outlay ultimately depends on your risk appetite. For the purpose of this thread, the PSF being paid for some properties in OCR definitely leans on the expensive (or risky) side.

Ringo33
07-10-13, 15:09
no risk doesn't necc means no opportunity cost ...

Yes or No?

Simple question also cannot answer want to call yourself investors?

mermaid
07-10-13, 15:09
For the purpose of this thread, the PSF being paid for some properties in OCR definitely leans on the expensive (or risky) side.

well, to me it juz simply means tat the timeframe for the desired return on investment is longer :o

True, but note that initial capital outlay ultimately depends on your risk appetite.
but higher risk appetite does not always means tat the returns will be higher.

DKSG
07-10-13, 15:21
no risk doesn't necc means no opportunity
cost ...

In property investment, no cash outlay usually means the highest risk.

No cash outlay doesnt mean if anything happens you just walk away.

If bank loan you 100% to buy a RM2.0 million property and 5 years later, it is only worth RM1.5 million, you didnt have any cash outlay, but you still need to cough out the RM0.5 million!

DKSG

Ringo33
07-10-13, 15:24
It is not my intention to try to convince u tat JLD prices muz be the same wif other OCR prices.

I am saying ... J gateway prices is very high cos it has alrdy factored in all the potential of JLD.

since you say J Gateway prices already factored in ALL the potential of JLD, so are you saying that Sky Vue will have better potential for capital appreciation and rental yield upon TOP?

DKSG dont act blur leh. Are you going to pull another disappearing stun like that time when I ask EBD about best and worst street?

Are you those sunny weather friend who will walk away when your pals are in need of help?

mermaid
07-10-13, 15:27
In property investment, no cash outlay usually means the highest risk.

No cash outlay doesnt mean if anything happens you just walk away.

If bank loan you 100% to buy a RM2.0 million property and 5 years later, it is only worth RM1.5 million, you didnt have any cash outlay, but you still need to cough out the RM0.5 million!

DKSG

it is juz an unrealised book loss as long as one is not selling, isn't it?

if one foresee the possibility of depreciation of his foreign currency assets, he shd hv done some hedging to minimise such risk.

Ringo33
07-10-13, 15:30
Pretending to talk among yourself is pointless because that is not going explain why Mermaid and DKSG who talk so much about Bishan and Sky Vue cannot answer 1 simple question.

It is not my intention to try to convince u tat JLD prices muz be the same wif other OCR prices.

I am saying ... J gateway prices is very high cos it has alrdy factored in all the potential of JLD.

since you say J Gateway prices already factored in ALL the potential of JLD, so are you saying that Sky Vue will have better potential for capital appreciation and rental yield upon TOP?

DKSG dont act blur leh. Are you going to pull another disappearing stun like that time when I ask EBD about best and worst street?

Are you those sunny weather friend who will walk away when your pals are in need of help?

hsifreffup
07-10-13, 15:46
well, to me it juz simply means tat the timeframe for the desired return on investment is longer :o

Time is the only irrecoverable thing in an investment and it is very valuable to me.

but higher risk appetite does not always means tat the returns will be higher.

I did not assert that high risk equates high returns.

minority
07-10-13, 15:59

these days my neighbors kids only play monopoly on ipad leh. means I need to take their IPAD.

minority
07-10-13, 16:00

Risk getting mugged. and when negative equity risk bank margin call. thats $$ outlay.

hopeful
07-10-13, 16:45
Risk getting mugged. and when negative equity risk bank margin call. thats $$ outlay.

walk away still got risk?

EBD
07-10-13, 17:11

Don't give yourself so much credit - I answered you. There is no point following up with you as the problem is you don't understand the answer. That is your fault for being incapable of processing simple concepts- not mine. Plenty others understand - that's why so many people use it as a guide to figuring out if they are overpaying for something or not.

As for the hilarious disappear charge - some of us don't have 24 hrs a day free to hang out here. That's because some of us have lives & jobs, or choose not to engage with low IQ people.
Not responding to an overly self-important 24hr/day forumer != disappear.

And someone got the temerity to demand answers from people like mermaid when the most simple question

"did you buy J Gateway - yes or no" you are too cowardly to answer.

Everytime this question is asked of you - you disappear. Why? Ok - no need to answer - I know you won't. We all know why.

Really - best inconsistent do as I say, not as I do forumer on here.
Round of applause. I admire your ability to not see the plank in your eye.

OK - idiot disengage lever pulled.... Leaving Ringo-World™

DKSG
07-10-13, 17:36
True, but note that initial capital outlay ultimately depends on your risk appetite. For the purpose of this thread, the PSF being paid for some properties in OCR definitely leans on the expensive (or risky) side.

Hmmm ... even a newbie (but maybe very experienced investor) also know that psf being paid for some some some properties in OCR OCR OCR definitely, confirm, chop, sign is expensive and risky!

DKSG

Ringo33
08-10-13, 02:48
Don't give yourself so much credit - I answered you. There is no point following up with you as the problem is you don't understand the answer. That is your fault for being incapable of processing simple concepts- not mine. Plenty others understand - that's why so many people use it as a guide to figuring out if they are overpaying for something or not.

As for the hilarious disappear charge - some of us don't have 24 hrs a day free to hang out here. That's because some of us have lives & jobs, or choose not to engage with low IQ people.
Not responding to an overly self-important 24hr/day forumer != disappear.

And someone got the temerity to demand answers from people like mermaid when the most simple question

"did you buy J Gateway - yes or no" you are too cowardly to answer.

Everytime this question is asked of you - you disappear. Why? Ok - no need to answer - I know you won't. We all know why.

Really - best inconsistent do as I say, not as I do forumer on here.
Round of applause. I admire your ability to not see the plank in your eye.

OK - idiot disengage lever pulled.... Leaving Ringo-World™

Whether I bought J Gateway or not that is not really important because I can say YES or NO, and there is still no way you could validate what I said. And for the same reason, I always tell the trolls in this forum, dont waste time tell me how mighty successful you are or what you bought or what you own. If you want to brag about yourself, do it in the real world not in the forum.

So EBD, now that you have come join the troll, may I ask you, between Sky Vue and J Gateway, which project do you think will achieve higher capital gain and rental yield upon TOP.

Please dont give me all those flowery answer, just a simple SV or JG.

And btw, do you consider Bishan the cemetery land as good or bad street?

Ringo33
08-10-13, 02:52
Hmmm ... even a newbie (but maybe very experienced investor) also know that psf being paid for some some some properties in OCR OCR OCR definitely, confirm, chop, sign is expensive and risky!

DKSG

Do you really need to bring yourself so low to entertainer a fake forum account? Actually if you havent done so, why not create a dummy account and talk to yourself? That way you can praise and admire yourself and your achievement and whatever you said, there will always be someone who will agree with you right?

Btw, after all that big talk about SV and Bishan, am I right to say that you expect SV to achieve higher capital appreciation and rental yield than JG upon TOP?

YES or NO?

walkthetiger
08-10-13, 08:21
...Whether I bought J Gateway or not that is not really important because I can say YES or NO, and there is still no way you could validate what I said...

You are making it more difficult for us to remember those good things said about J-Gateway.....

So far, I haven’t seen any agency defend their plan like how you do here. Did you buy the whole J-Gateway? Hope not. Btw, hope this is not the only project of your life.

JLD should not be the last plan, if things are okay. Sure, there will be other plans too. Good luck.

Ringo33
08-10-13, 08:54
You are making it more difficult for us to remember those good things said about J-Gateway.....

So far, I haven’t seen any agency defend their plan like how you do here. Did you buy the whole J-Gateway? Hope not. Btw, hope this is not the only project of your life.

JLD should not be the last plan, if things are okay. Sure, there will be other plans too. Good luck.

There is no need to defend when you are stating facts.

Only those who sprouting nonsense.in.the forum need to defend themselve.

Is OCR region not the winner in today's property market?

EBD
08-10-13, 11:47
Whether I bought J Gateway or not that is not really important because I can say YES or NO, and there is still no way you could validate what I said. And for the same reason, I always tell the trolls in this forum, dont waste time tell me how mighty successful you are or what you bought or what you own. If you want to brag about yourself, do it in the real world not in the forum.

So EBD, now that you have come join the troll, may I ask you, between Sky Vue and J Gateway, which project do you think will achieve higher capital gain and rental yield upon TOP.

Please dont give me all those flowery answer, just a simple SV or JG.

And btw, do you consider Bishan the cemetery land as good or bad street?

.....back to real world / virtual world nonsense.

So again , as before you seem to think that nothing you say in a forum holds any merit - yet here you are talking & talking & talking & talking & talking & talking. All night, all day, All weekend.
All for no purpose - as defined by yourself.

Yet you demand an answer form DKSG on J gateway vs SV.
Do you not see the way you are slapping your own face?

Bishan cemetery good street, bad street.
Nice to see you still don't understand the paradigm. Keep on posting and embarrassing yourself. Only you can do that, but others will help point it out to the other forumers so as to avoid following bad advice from what to everyone else looks like a non-player.
Alternatively you could just spend 10 mins googling and educate yourself - but that sounds too much like hard work. No ones demanding you buy into it - but at least you would understand the position.

As for SV vs JG - I don't really care - they both look horrendously overpriced.
To double your money means selling for 3000 psf. What's the chance of that happening in the next 20 yrs.

I think in Singapore timing, timing, timing is probably even more important than location, location, location.

oh - and the balls to act.
If you had the funds in 2008/9 but not the balls I can understand why you have all this angst you have. Now you are forced to look at MM in Jurong at skyhigh price and console yourself you made a good choice when you could have bought much more for the same price & really have benefited from price appreciation.

If you didn't have the funds back then & couldn't do anything even if you wanted to, that kind of sucks.
I don't know your personal situation so how all the cooling measurements has restricted your choice vs others is difficult to say. Maybe that is the key to this whole thing - everyone views the world through their own personal circumstances.

Anyway - none of this is important. All non-real world.
So why get yourself so worked up?

Enjoy your day.

hsifreffup
08-10-13, 12:04
There is no need to defend when you are stating facts.

Only those who sprouting nonsense.in.the forum need to defend themselve.

Is OCR region not the winner in today's property market?

If the winner is defined by having the highest price index in a chart, then the ones who won are those who made their purchase a couple of years back, not now.

For those who invest now, will OCR continue to shine in the foreseeable future?

Ringo33
08-10-13, 12:44
.....back to real world / virtual world nonsense.

So again , as before you seem to think that nothing you say in a forum holds any merit - yet here you are talking & talking & talking & talking & talking & talking. All night, all day, All weekend.
All for no purpose - as defined by yourself.

Yet you demand an answer form DKSG on J gateway vs SV.
Do you not see the way you are slapping your own face?

Bishan cemetery good street, bad street.
Nice to see you still don't understand the paradigm. Keep on posting and embarrassing yourself. Only you can do that, but others will help point it out to the other forumers so as to avoid following bad advice from what to everyone else looks like a non-player.
Alternatively you could just spend 10 mins googling and educate yourself - but that sounds too much like hard work. No ones demanding you buy into it - but at least you would understand the position.

As for SV vs JG - I don't really care - they both look horrendously overpriced.
To double your money means selling for 3000 psf. What's the chance of that happening in the next 20 yrs.

I think in Singapore timing, timing, timing is probably even more important than location, location, location.

oh - and the balls to act.
If you had the funds in 2008/9 but not the balls I can understand why you have all this angst you have. Now you are forced to look at MM in Jurong at skyhigh price and console yourself you made a good choice when you could have bought much more for the same price & really have benefited from price appreciation.

If you didn't have the funds back then & couldn't do anything even if you wanted to, that kind of sucks.
I don't know your personal situation so how all the cooling measurements has restricted your choice vs others is difficult to say. Maybe that is the key to this whole thing - everyone views the world through their own personal circumstances.

Anyway - none of this is important. All non-real world.
So why get yourself so worked up?

Enjoy your day.

As I said before, there is no reason why anyone in this forum should be bragging or disclosing so much about how many property they own or how deep is their pocket, at the end of the day it just your word vs mine. Hence please dont be so naive and ignorant to make silly assumption on those who doesnt like to brag like you or think that buyer of J Gateway are those who have never venture ourside Jurong and they dont own property in CCR. Last I check, around 38% of the buyers are foreigners, and around 45% of the buyers are living in private properties.

Not too long ago, you were bragging property 101 in the thread about property in the west. You are giving a explanation about why investing in the worst house on the best street is better than buying the best house on the worst street. And according to you RV is consider a good street and obviously Jurong is the bad or worst street.

So I am just asking you a very simple question. If buying RV is great, then how come the price appreciation of property in OCR is so much better. Last I check, the price appreciation of CCR property is around 5% over the last 5 years while in OCR, its around 45% or so.

So from an investment point of you, how do you justify that buying the worst house on the best street is better? Is this a case of knowing the theory without knowing the application?

And before you reply, please remember that property that you like might not mean it has good investment return potential and vice versa.

I am glad that you mention TIMING. As I have already said before that within Jurong Gateway, there are only 2 plots of land available for residential development and J Gateway is sitting on the best plot available in the core center of Jurong Gateway. So my question is, if you dont buy during the launch (which was sold out in 1 day) then may I know when is the best time to buy? Buying in the resale market? Last I check in PG, some agent is marketing a 2 bedder SOHO unit at $2000psf.

Do you have reasons to believe that from now till TOP, all those development around JLD is not going to help push the price and value of J Gateway further up? . Or are you placing a blind bet that property prices will come crashing down. If its the latter, then wont it be right to say that ALL buyers of property today are buying at the wrong TIME, not just J Gateway.

I hope this is not any case of ALL FART NO SHIT™ theory again.

proper-t
08-10-13, 12:56
Or are you placing a blind bet that property prices will come crashing down. If its the latter, then wont it be right to say that ALL buyers of property today are buying at the wrong TIME, not just J Gateway.

I hope this is not any case of ALL FART NO SHIT™ theory again.

Someone below seems to think that property prices will come crashing down in 2016, especially new launches now.

Perhaps you would like to take it up with him whether its the wrong time to buy J gateway.

New launches might not be affected for NOW, but the tsunami will come in 3 years time when the full loans kicks in. Perhaps that will be the best time to pick up real firesale? in 2016?

DKSG
08-10-13, 16:25
If the winner is defined by having the highest price index in a chart, then the ones who won are those who made their purchase a couple of years back, not now.

For those who invest now, will OCR continue to shine in the foreseeable future?

Some people dont understand that when news report that OCR prices has escalated and buyers are paying top prices NOW for Jurong MMs, this means :

Good news for those who bought 3-4 years back because they can now use the new Jurong MM prices to benchmark.
Bad news for those who bought because they just paid a hefty 35-40% premium over resale and developers just increased the premiums they charged for MM to a ridiculous level!

But when the happy Jurong folks want to sell off their resale PC now using the Jurong MM $16xx-$17xx benchmarks, they realised that there arent many buyers willing to pay prices ANYWHERE near the $16xx mark.

Still the good news is Jurong resale prices moved up 50 psf over this little piece of over-charging news.

DKSG