PDA

View Full Version : Comparison between SV and Thomson 3

princess_morbucks
02-10-13, 11:28
http://business.asiaone.com/property/news/options-galore-bishan-thomson-buyers

This article discusses the difference between the 2 projects.

Property buyers looking in the Bishan and Thomson vicinity are suddenly spoilt for choice.
Two new residential projects were up for sale this past weekend - and plenty of units remain unsold at a nearby project launched last year.

Sky Vue
About 15 minutes away by car from UOL's Thomson Three, CapitaLand's 694-unit Sky Vue opened for sale on Saturday.

So how do the projects compare? Both - on 99-year leases - are close to popular schools such as Raffles Institution, Catholic High and Ai Tong Primary School.

But that is where their similarities seem to end.

R'ST Research director Ong Kah Seng said one key difference was their respective settings.
"Sky Vue has a town centre location, whereas Thomson Three is set in a residential area."

The Sky Vue project in Bishan Street 14 is in the town centre - a stone's throw from Bishan MRT station and Junction 8 mall.

On transport, an analyst said Sky Vue trumps Thomson Three as residents benefit from developed nodes as soon as they move in.

Units at Sky Vue cost $1,380 per sq ft (psf) to $1,550 psf. Thomson Three's are about $1,350 psf. For example, a two-bedder at Sky Vue starts at $852,000, while a similar unit at Thomson Three starts at $945,000.

At Sky Vue, one- and two-bedders - ranging from 484 to 926 sq ft - make up 74 per cent of the project, while such units make up 51 per cent of Thomson Three.

Mr Ong expects smaller units at Sky Vue to draw rental interest from expatriates relocating to the city fringes, as it is near the MRT.

About 410 units out of the 505 units at CapitaLand's Sky Vue were sold by 7pm on Sunday.

This stellar performance sets the condominium project apart from the dismal sales of nearby Sky Habitat, which has seen just 173 units out of 509 units sold in the past 17 months.

Sky Habitat
Buyers looking at the area will also find, next to Sky Vue, 336 unsold units at CapitaLand's other project Sky Habitat. Sales at the 509-unit project have been tepid, with an average of $1,589 psf.

But a 6 per cent discount introduced in July may turn buying attention back to the project, which was launched in April last year.

The unsold units include one- to four-bedders and penthouses.

Still, given recent loan curbs, buyers might be limited by the higher price tags, said Ms Li.

"Buyers buying for location would probably consider Sky Vue first due to its lower psf price."

Sky Vue's performance sets it apart from Sky Habitat, which has seen just 173 units out of 509 units sold in the past 17 months.

Thomson Three
A week ago, brisk buying marked the first day of bookings at UOL Group's 445-unit Thomson Three, with 160 units sold.

Thomson Three is in a quiet private housing estate, next to a cluster of landed homes.

"The projects seem to cater to slightly different markets. Thomson Three espouses a more peaceful and quiet lifestyle, while Sky Vue will attract buyers looking for convenience and accessibility," said OrangeTee's research head Christine Li.

Thomson Three's nearest MRT station will be ready only in 2020.
She also said inconvenience from the Thomson Line construction may depress rentals there.

Units at Sky Vue cost $1,380 per sq ft (psf) to $1,550 psf. Thomson Three's are about $1,350 psf. For example, a two-bedder at Sky Vue starts at $852,000, while a similar unit at Thomson Three starts at $945,000.

minority
02-10-13, 12:32
on major diff is Thomson 3 location. I wonder if anyone every did real site survey at the actual location of the build site.

To me SV win hands down.

princess_morbucks
02-10-13, 13:12
http://www.propertyrar.com/uploads/1/9/2/0/19208421/4800778_orig.jpg
http://www.thomson-three-condominium.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Thomson-Three-3-Bedroom.jpg

The 1st one is Sky Vue, the second is thomson 3.
Note that this thomson 3 - this 3 bedder unit is smaller than SV 's 3 bedder but Thomson 3 is able to accomodate super single bed in rooms 2 and 3.

However SV has a utility room, whereas Thomson 3 doesn't.

azeoprop
02-10-13, 14:12
T3 design allows for better cross ventilation. Sv design, even with all windows open, air will not flow in.:beats-me-man:

princess_morbucks
02-10-13, 14:52
T3 design allows for better cross ventilation. Sv design, even with all windows open, air will not flow in.:beats-me-man:

Now that you pointed out, I wonder for SV , where is the ventilation for the kitchen?
Also access to both a/c ledge is via the toilet?
Utility room also no windows, meaning cannot use as room for sleeping?
WC in yard has no ventilation?

BTW, thomson 3 - where to do laundry?
What is DB and W in the floorplan?

el loco
02-10-13, 15:39
Now that you pointed out, I wonder for SV , where is the ventilation for the kitchen?
Also access to both a/c ledge is via the toilet?
Utility room also no windows, meaning cannot use as room for sleeping?
WC in yard has no ventilation?

BTW, thomson 3 - where to do laundry?
What is DB and W in the floorplan?

I tink u shld compare SV wif T3 3 bedder premium as both r 1141 sqf and have yard. DB is distribution board for the electrical circuit and W is washing machine.

princess_morbucks
02-10-13, 17:55
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BVkCLNJCAAA9sFL.jpg:large

princess_morbucks
02-10-13, 17:58
Ok...here is the 3 bedder premium of T3.
It has the same area as SV and also has a utility room.

Rooms 2 and 3 are able to accomodate a super single bed!
Wow!

After comparing the 2, I personally prefer the layout of T3!

02-10-13, 19:22
Between T3 and SV, I think T3 has a slight edge over SV.

By 2025 it will have its own MRT station at its doorstep. When the entire Thomson Line is up and running, it will be directly connected to Orchard and Woodlands (the North Coast Innovation Corridor) with either direction reachable within 25 mins or less. The Thomson Line will also bring you directly to CBD. And when the Cross Island Line is built by 2030, Sin Ming will be an interchange station on the Cross Island Line and Thomson Line. This will shorten the travel time to Jurong/Clementi and Punggol/Pasir Ris/Changi Aviation Hub. With such connectivity, it may appeal to a wider pool of tenants. Although SV's mrt lines are already operational, in order to get to the other parts of the island, I think slightly more transfers will be required, creating slightly more hassle.

That said, I have not viewed both projects but I understand from anedotes that T3 is offering better materials than SV. And now princess morbucks is also saying T3 has better layouts? So it looks like T3 is ahead of SV on almost all fronts?

azeoprop
02-10-13, 19:42
The only thing about T3 is you will have to face with living in a construction site after it TOP.

Upper Thomson road will look like bukit timah road when dt line was under construction. If thomson view kena enbloc then worse. :doh:

Not forgetting the NS expressway will be under construction around marymount road as well. Hence, you will be face with great inconvenience for the first few years after it TOP.

:beats-me-man: