PDA

View Full Version : MCST charge residents for using clubhouse

Adva181
16-10-13, 20:18
May I check if anyone encounter the same issue?

I have not come across this in my other units in other condos.

My MCST wants to charge $200 booking fee and $25 per usage for the clubhouse. Aren't the facilities to be free for the residents use?
This is ridiculous!

Anyone has similar cases in their condo?

princess_morbucks
16-10-13, 20:28

My MCST wants to charge $200 booking fee and $25 per usage for the clubhouse. Aren't the facilities to be free for the residents use?
This is ridiculous!

Is the booking fee refundable?
If so, then the $25 usage fee is reasonable.

princess_morbucks
16-10-13, 20:37
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:QwxoKUDoaIAJ:sites.savillsckh.com.sg/melvillepark/AppForm/Upload%255CFile/Reservation%2520for%2520MPH.pdf+&cd=9&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=sg

The above is an example of Melville Park's.
Refundable deposit of $100, non refundable booking fee of $50.

thomastansb
16-10-13, 21:10
This rule is set by your council members. You go and check with them. The management office people are just following policies set by your neighbours (council members).

This is ridiculous!

heehee
16-10-13, 21:22
Few condos charge. If they do, it is because there is cooking facility & you are paying for gas or electricity, but minimal because how much utility costs can you use for a few hours? May be a few dollars?

This is ridiculous!

DC33_2008
16-10-13, 21:23
Raise it at AGM.
This rule is set by your council members. You go and check with them. The management office people are just following policies set by your neighbours (council members).

triple70
16-10-13, 22:33
Few condos charge. If they do, it is because there is cooking facility & you are paying for gas or electricity, but minimal because how much utility costs can you use for a few hours? May be a few dollars?

Some condos have large clubhouse rooms for holding birthday parties etc. Their aircons are sized to take on high capacities of people.
A few hours use is not just a few dollars of utilities.

zeamybro
16-10-13, 22:39
I have one condo that charges $20 per usage on top of a refundable deposit of $100. The other condos are FOC, just need to provide deposits.

irisng
16-10-13, 22:50
My condo collects $50 refundable deposit and charge a certain amount (can't remember how much) for the usage, we call it function room whereby it allows residents to hold a party or conference there.

teddybear
16-10-13, 23:04
Do these condos charge for using gym? Gym air-con also costs a lot for anybody who use for an hour or more. Furthermore, anybody probably use clubhouse only once a year or twice a year, but could have used the gym once a week or even every day!

Do these condos charge use the swimming pool? Swimming pool maintenance also costs a lot. More use means more wear and tear and more frequent cleaning required.

Do these condos charge for using tennis court? Tennis court maintenance also costs a lot, more use means more wear and tear, especially if used at night the flood light consumes as much electricity as air-con.

So, why charge for clubhouse only? :doh:

Some condos have large clubhouse rooms for holding birthday parties etc. Their aircons are sized to take on high capacities of people.
A few hours use is not just a few dollars of utilities.

shauntanzs
16-10-13, 23:23
Ya, one of my condo also charge fee for clubhouse usage.
But I was always thinking - we pay maintenance fee, sinking fund etc why do we still need to pay for something whereby it should be the entitlement of the property when we bought it.

Btw, where in URA or MCST or strata title rules that MCST can charge residents usage of these facilities? Anyone has any info on these? Is this legal in the 1st place?

minority
16-10-13, 23:30

This is ridiculous!

$25 is to cover the cost of aircon n electrical and cleaning up. its very reasonable.

minority
16-10-13, 23:32
Do these condos charge for using gym? Gym air-con also costs a lot for anybody who use for an hour or more. Furthermore, anybody probably use clubhouse only once a year or twice a year, but could have used the gym once a week or even every day!

Do these condos charge use the swimming pool? Swimming pool maintenance also costs a lot. More use means more wear and tear and more frequent cleaning required.

Do these condos charge for using tennis court? Tennis court maintenance also costs a lot, more use means more wear and tear, especially if used at night the flood light consumes as much electricity as air-con.

how stupid can u be. these common facility have high usage. its build into the cost for all the mthly maintenance. The other facility like rooms are lower utilized. some people dont even use it.

so make sense to charge folks who want to use it for cleaning up and power to use it.

complain n complain so typical.

proud owner
16-10-13, 23:35

This is ridiculous!

bro

is this a new condo ?

maybe sinking funds Empty ...so charge for use of club house ...

most older condos its free .... $25 deposit which is refundable ..

minority
16-10-13, 23:41
bro

is this a new condo ?

maybe sinking funds Empty ...so charge for use of club house ...

most older condos its free .... $25 deposit which is refundable ..

Service cost structure have changed. ur cleaners n security all cost more these days.

teddybear
16-10-13, 23:41
Not sure who is so stupid after I have spelled out so clearly the illogical sense of charging for clubhouse use only?

Yes, charge folks who want to use the clubhouse for cleaning up and power to use it. So, it should also fair to charge folks for use of:
1) gym
2) swimming pool
3) tennis court
Charge them for incurring the need of maintenance of the facilities, cleaning up, wear and tear repairs, etc. No different from the reasons from charging for clubhouse right? So why charge for clubhouse only? Really stupid logic!

If clubhouse rarely used and most people don't use it, then it should incur less maintenance costs! MCST should charge those people who result in incurring higher maintenance costs, not lower!

Ok ok, sometimes, it is useless talking to cows here, but there are many more people who can understand what I mean so my statement is not meant for the cows and cows need not rebutt... :p

how stupid can u be. these common facility have high usage. its build into the cost for all the mthly maintenance. The other facility like rooms are lower utilized. some people dont even use it.

so make sense to charge folks who want to use it for cleaning up and power to use it.

complain n complain so typical.

Originally Posted by teddybear http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=438547#post438547)

minority
17-10-13, 00:43
Not sure who is so stupid after I have spelled out so clearly the illogical sense of charging for clubhouse use only?

Yes, charge folks who want to use the clubhouse for cleaning up and power to use it. So, it should also fair to charge folks for use of:
1) gym
2) swimming pool
3) tennis court
Charge them for incurring the need of maintenance of the facilities, cleaning up, wear and tear repairs, etc. No different from the reasons from charging for clubhouse right? So why charge for clubhouse only? Really stupid logic!

If clubhouse rarely used and most people don't use it, then it should incur less maintenance costs! MCST should charge those people who result in incurring higher maintenance costs, not lower!

Ok ok, sometimes, it is useless talking to cows here, but there are many more people who can understand what I mean so my statement is not meant for the cows and cows need not rebutt... :p

Originally Posted by teddybear http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=438547#post438547)

hello stupid..

can u read. a not. u spell out so wat? Its a cost structure. dumb ass.

Either u pay $300 a mth or u want everyone pay $320 a mth. if only 20% of household use the club house. only.?

other facilities utilization are alway much higher.

Stupid fools like u keep kpkb.

Older condo fees are set want to change must pass MCST votes. which increase in price no 1 want to pass it. STUPID :doh::doh::doh::doh:

Ringo33
17-10-13, 01:01

1) gym
2) swimming pool
3) tennis court

I always tell people, dont all fart and not shit (EDB).
If you not happy, just volunteer yourself and run for election.

minority
17-10-13, 03:41
I always tell people, dont all fart and not shit (EDB).
If you not happy, just volunteer yourself and run for election.

aiyah this dumb ass can only kpkb tats all. Pay more per mth KPKB. Pay per use KPKB. . Cry god not fair Cry haven no eye. but when u ask him to go do the work it will be resounding silence.

NorthernStar
17-10-13, 07:13
my place charge for clubhouse, bbq pits, dining pavilion.. Free for gym, swimming pool. i am quite ok with this as the development considered mid to small size and the monthly maintenance fee is considered reasonable low if compared to recently TOP projects.

in long run, we still need to gather enough sinking fund to maintain these facilities.

irisng
17-10-13, 08:20
my place charge for clubhouse, bbq pits, dining pavilion.. Free for gym, swimming pool. i am quite ok with this as the development considered mid to small size and the monthly maintenance fee is considered reasonable low if compared to recently TOP projects.

in long run, we still need to gather enough sinking fund to maintain these facilities.

Ya, my place also charge for function room, BBQ pits and karaoke room. Now I start to wonder, why they charge for all these facilities while gym, swimming pool, tennis court and reading room are free. Well it is fine for me anyway.

Maybe function room, BBQ pit and karaoke room have limited slot and yet they allow residents to invite their friends and relatives to use, if it is free, then lots of residents will be fighting for the limited slot whereas gym and reading room are meant for residents only as for swimming pool and tennis court, it is also limited to the number of guests, not sure about other condo but at least mine is like that lor.

Maybe someone is going to scold me stupid liow, stupid thinking, haha.

Ringo33
17-10-13, 08:34
Ya, my place also charge for function room, BBQ pits and karaoke room. Now I start to wonder, why they charge for all these facilities while gym, swimming pool, tennis court and reading room are free. Well it is fine for me anyway.

Maybe function room, BBQ pit and karaoke room have limited slot and yet they allow residents to invite their friends and relatives to use, if it is free, then lots of residents will be fighting for the limited slot whereas gym and reading room are meant for residents only as for swimming pool and tennis court, it is also limited to the number of guests, not sure about other condo but at least mine is like that lor.

I think the reason behind it is that function room consume large amount of electricity due to its air condition, lighting and it requires extra cleaning and disposal service. unlike gym, function room can only accommodate one user at a time and its over a long period of say 4 to 5 hours per use.

teddybear
17-10-13, 09:09
If you consider these scenarios, who do you think will incur most costs for the estate?
1) use function room / clubhouse once or twice a year, each time 3 hours (on air-con)
2) use gym 1 hour every week, 54 times a year (on air-con) + need to service/repair gym equipment
3) use tennis court 2 hours every week (on flood lights) + need to service/repair flooring

It is obvious that 2 & 3 will incur much more costs. Then, we will ask what is purpose of charging for (1)?
If to recover costs &/or discourage incurring more costs, then should charge for (2) & (3) as well!

Only idiots here will tell us it is fine to charge (1) because less people use it! So less people means fine?! They probably means they don't use it anyway so ok to charge others? This is just selfish & idiotic thinking.

They then tell us "Either u pay $300 a mth or u want everyone pay $320 a mth. if only 20% of household use the club house. "
So if charge for clubhouse is justified because reduce maintenance fund to say $300pm, why not charge for tennis court and gym and swimming pool? Can reduce maintenance fund to $200pm since so many people using! Looking from this point of view, not charging is totally unfair for people who don't use all these facilities.
Oh, I forgot about car park. They should charge for car park since only 33% of families drive in Singapore! Less people use car park, just like clubhouse, why didn't charge to help to reduce maintenance fund? If charge car park means can reduce MF to <$150 pm! Wow! Total can reduce MF to <$150 pm from $320 pm! So unfair to so many people who don't use car park and all those facilities! :rolleyes:

In my condos, increase MF fee with inflation we always pass in AGM. Only cheapos like you and cheapo estates full of cheapos like you will not pass MF increase in AGM! :tongue3:

hello stupid..

can u read. a not. u spell out so wat? Its a cost structure. dumb ass.

Either u pay $300 a mth or u want everyone pay $320 a mth. if only 20% of household use the club house. only.?

other facilities utilization are alway much higher.

Stupid fools like u keep kpkb.

Older condo fees are set want to change must pass MCST votes. which increase in price no 1 want to pass it. STUPID :doh::doh::doh::doh:

princess_morbucks
17-10-13, 09:20
OMG, such a harmless thread turned into a cock fighting thread, with the competitors starting in the wee hours of the morning.
Roosters are early birds anyway.

If you live in a condo and are not happy with rules, please get yourself elected into the MC so that you may be able to change the rules.

NorthernStar
17-10-13, 09:34

for my place, pool, gym are considered daily usage by the residents and limited to residents only. so, fee may included inside monthly maintenance.. whereas, the bbq, function room are occasional and can invite as many as 30 guests to come.. part of the charge goes for the electricity, cleaning. part of it should goes to sinking fund (my guess only, MCST not formed yet, can't see the accounting book).

vinlow
17-10-13, 09:35
The reason for the charge is to prevent abuse of the facility (function room).

Most condo charge nominal fee for function room, karaoke room and tennis court. Unlike the gym, these facilities only allow the user and his/her family/friends to use it for the duration of the booked period. If they are free, then there will be abuse from kaisu and inconsiderate neighbours who will "booked first think (if to use) later". Facilities will then be heavily booked but often left empty simply because it free. This will be unfair to those who really needs it and want to use it.

Just my 2 cents....

minority
17-10-13, 09:37
If you consider these scenarios, who do you think will incur most costs for the estate?
1) use function room / clubhouse once or twice a year, each time 3 hours (on air-con)
2) use gym 1 hour every week, 54 times a year (on air-con) + need to service/repair gym equipment
3) use tennis court 2 hours every week (on flood lights) + need to service/repair flooring

It is obvious that 2 & 3 will incur much more costs. Then, we will ask what is purpose of charging for (1)?
If to recover costs &/or discourage incurring more costs, then should charge for (2) & (3) as well!

Only idiots here will tell us it is fine to charge (1) because less people use it! So less people means fine?! They probably means they don't use it anyway so ok to charge others? This is just selfish & idiotic thinking.

They then tell us "Either u pay $300 a mth or u want everyone pay $320 a mth. if only 20% of household use the club house. "
So if charge for clubhouse is justified because reduce maintenance fund to say $300pm, why not charge for tennis court and gym and swimming pool? Can reduce maintenance fund to $200pm since so many people using! Looking from this point of view, not charging is totally unfair for people who don't use all these facilities.
Oh, I forgot about car park. They should charge for car park since only 33% of families drive in Singapore! Less people use car park, just like clubhouse, why didn't charge to help to reduce maintenance fund? If charge car park means can reduce MF to <$150 pm! Wow! Total can reduce MF to <$150 pm from $320 pm! So unfair to so many people who don't use car park and all those facilities! :rolleyes:

In my condos, increase MF fee with inflation we always pass in AGM. Only cheapos like you and cheapo estates full of cheapos like you will not pass MF increase in AGM! :tongue3:

Have money to buy condo no money to pay for a BBQ pit or club house so people clean up the place.. LOL u are such a failure.!

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

minority
17-10-13, 09:38
for my place, pool, gym are considered daily usage by the residents and limited to residents only. so, fee may included inside monthly maintenance.. whereas, the bbq, function room are occasional and can invite as many as 30 guests to come.. part of the charge goes for the electricity, cleaning. part of it should goes to sinking fund (my guess only, MCST not formed yet, can't see the accounting book).

Aiyah the stupid fool will say not fair!!!!!! not Fair!!!! KPKB...

teddybear
17-10-13, 09:40
Have money to buy condo but no money to pay more maintenance fund due to inflation and wear-and-tear maintenance and repairs? Don't want to approve MF fund increase for these? Want to squeeze the minority owners just because they use the clubhouses but you don't? Can't afford but want to tell people you can afford condo? What a cheapo and a failure! :tsk-tsk:

Have money to buy condo no money to pay for a BBQ pit or club house so people clean up the place.. LOL u are such a failure.!

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

thomastansb
17-10-13, 09:55
It depends on the council members and the residents there. Obviously the residents decided that usage of the room is chargeable. If the members pass a law saying $2 per entry to pool and gym, then everyone pays. It is not so much on clubhouse uses air con or gym also use aircon. It is whether the residents r there want to charge or not. My condo charge me $130 a month for car park whereas most condos are free parking. But majority wins unless you own 51% of the units there.

Have money to buy condo but no money to pay more maintenance fund due to inflation and wear-and-tear maintenance and repairs? Don't want to approve MF fund increase for these? Want to squeeze the minority owners just because they use the clubhouses but you don't? Can't afford but want to tell people you can afford condo? What a cheapo and a failure! :tsk-tsk:

mermaid
17-10-13, 09:57
It depends on the council members and the residents there. Obviously the residents decided that usage of the room is chargeable. If the members pass a law saying $2 per entry to pool and gym, then everyone pays. It is not so much on clubhouse uses air con or gym also use aircon. It is whether the residents r there want to charge or not. My condo charge me $130 a month for car park whereas most condos are free parking. But majority wins unless you own 51% of the units there.

so in yr condo if dun own a car den pay how much maintenance?

thomastansb
17-10-13, 10:58
$290 maintenance.

so in yr condo if dun own a car den pay how much maintenance?

mermaid
17-10-13, 11:05
$290 maintenance.

so u hv to pay $290 + $130!

$420 seems high leh, even if it is a 3/4 bedder ...

thomastansb
17-10-13, 11:19
Mine is a studio :rolleyes:

so u hv to pay $290 + $130!

$420 seems high leh, even if it is a 3/4 bedder ...

mermaid
17-10-13, 11:25
Mine is a studio :rolleyes:

oh dear! :scared-2:
liddat is jin expensia sia!!!

maintenance fee is quite a major consideration factor for me.

hmmm .... I wonder if it is still possible to find maint fee of below $200 for studio ....

GIG
17-10-13, 11:51
Living in Condo means living in a small community.
In Singapore means living in that Community of well to do people.
So if you want live in that community of Condo people.
Be prepared to upgrade yourself financially.
If more people in that community have more monetary supply year by year.
Be prepared that they are willing to pay more to make use of that fixed and small supply of the Condo services.

If you cannot close the gap with highly well to do people.
Then live in large community like HDB.

This remind me of car COEs :p

teddybear
17-10-13, 12:08
Yes you are right. Condo estate is a small community of neighbours and people should be neighbourly enough to give and take.
So live in condo shouldn't be asking people to pay for these and that usage of facilities. No matter how you do it, it is going to benefits some people (usually people who call for charging certain facilities but not the others, because of selfish reasons) while disadvantaging the others. Many people in condos probably didn't bother to voice out because not much anyway, but this gives those people for always pushing for imposing charges on some of these facilities the impression that they have the right to do so and then still giving some lame stupid idiotic excuses like "not many use", "not many affected", "help to reduce Maintenance fund" blah blah blah. What to do with such cheapos? Easy, don't live in cheap estates! :rolleyes:

Living in Condo means living in a small community.
In Singapore means living in that Community of well to do people.
So if you want live in that community of Condo people.
Be prepared to upgrade yourself financially.
If more people in that community have more monetary supply year by year.
Be prepared that they are willing to pay more to make use of that fixed and small supply of the Condo services.

If you cannot close the gap with highly well to do people.
Then live in large community like HDB.

This remind me of car COEs :p

mermaid
17-10-13, 12:21
i tink in the future, more & more condo maint fees will become mixed in nature: a fixed sum for the general maintenance + variable for wat u use.

thomastansb
17-10-13, 12:26
I am sure those bigger estate will not have this issue. So far, Villa Marina, Southbank, Citylights, Clift, Icon, Sail don't have this problem at all. But Clift, Icon and Sail charge for parking. So it depends solely on your neighbours, especially those super tiny 15 units MM crap. You have someone who bought 5 units there, he is a majority already.

Yes you are right. Condo estate is a small community of neighbours and people should be neighbourly enough to give and take.
So live in condo shouldn't be asking people to pay for these and that usage of facilities. No matter how you do it, it is going to benefits some people (usually people who call for charging certain facilities but not the others, because of selfish reasons) while disadvantaging the others. Many people in condos probably didn't bother to voice out because not much anyway, but this gives those people for always pushing for imposing charges on some of these facilities the impression that they have the right to do so and then still giving some lame stupid idiotic excuses like "not many use", "not many affected", "help to reduce Maintenance fund" blah blah blah. What to do with such cheapos? Easy, don't live in cheap estates! :rolleyes:

EBD
17-10-13, 13:05

Yup - pretty much.

However most condo's will not put in such draconian charges.

One of my older condo's used to ask for a refundable deposit for the BBQ and common room because there is potential damage & mess that can be created.
There was no other charge & you'd get the deposit back if you left the place clean & tidy.

We had to even ask for a $2 charge for the tennis court as people would book & not turn up. Is it fair? Is it right? Those are different questions.

But it's up to each MCST to work these things out for themselves.

All things have natural wear & tear over time - I guess for function room the thinking is the wear & tear can be targeted to one group. Where as for the swimming pool pump/filtration system it can't - which if take to the extreme is also not true - certain unit's never use the pool maybe the should form a gang and take over the MCST and put $2 entry turnstiles in place to save them money each month! Why not, they don't use the pool.

Just depends on how cheap and frivolous you have to be or want to get.

relax88
17-10-13, 14:03
Now I know why the real wealthy buy top end properties cos they dont want to waste time arguing about $10 or $100 dollars usage fees:p

got money buy condo no money to pay for usage.....:rolleyes:

proud owner
17-10-13, 15:31
Now I know why the real wealthy buy top end properties cos they dont want to waste time arguing about $10 or $100 dollars usage fees:p

I never have to pay for using club house in any of the 3 condos I have ...NEVER .. I am surprised so many other condos are actually charging ...

minority
17-10-13, 15:35

so true!!!!!!!!!!!!

thomastansb
17-10-13, 15:36
No right, no wrong la.

If majority of the owners think people should pay for the BBQ or clubhouse, then it is just too bad. Democratic society.

I never have to pay for using club house in any of the 3 condos I have ...NEVER .. I am surprised so many other condos are actually charging ...

minority

only cheap skate like u want everyone else to pay for ur use of some of the facility!! how abt ask for free 2nd , 3rd, 4th car park space while u are at it.? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

teddybear
This is a new trend...
Luckily not in the condos I own nor the other top-end condos I know of... Really bad reputation! Can afford condo cannot afford maintenance fund that is why these people so keen to be MCST members then try to impose all kind of charges (on facilities they don't really use) to help themselves to reduce maintenance fund costs? :rolleyes:

minority
17-10-13, 15:40

Where got new. 15 yrs ago EC already have to pay for use of club house. its a norm these days for the up keep of the place.

TravieJackie
17-10-13, 16:17
My condo and my friend's condo also. Mine is a small one and her is a big and new condo.

Kind sucks to me. Weird rule...

relax88
17-10-13, 19:13
This thread is like a litmus test between the rich forummers and the not so..

certain members dont come in to complain and certain members do ....

the usually active and sometime loud members dont appear here......hmmmmm.....they are the real rich who dont care about 10 , 20 dollars:p

proud owner
17-10-13, 19:34
This thread is like a litmus test between the rich forummers and the not so..

certain members dont come in to complain and certain members do ....

the usually active and sometime loud members dont appear here......hmmmmm.....they are the real rich who dont care about 10 , 20 dollars:p

I have seen a lot of rich people bargaining like crazy ... while the ok-ish tips waiters very generously

irisng
17-10-13, 23:34

Maybe all these charges have been included in your mtce fees. How much do u pay for your mtce fees beside the sinking fund?

For my place, gym is meant for residents only, no outsiders. The carpark is free for the 1st car and $50 for 2nd car but need to ballot quarterly. Previously, parking for the 2nd car is also free but some jealousy folks said since you can afford the 2nd car, you should have no problem paying for the parking fee as well. Who don't want free things if you are given the choice.:tongue3:

proud owner
17-10-13, 23:37
Maybe all these charges have been included in your mtce fees. How much do u pay for your mtce fees beside the sinking fund?

For my place, gym is meant for residents only, no outsiders. The carpark is free for the 1st car and $50 for 2nd car but need to ballot quarterly. Previously, parking for the 2nd car is also free but some jealousy folks said since you can afford the 2nd car, you should have no problem paying for the parking fee as well. Who don't want free things if you are given the choice.:tongue3:

I pay $450 a mth ... its been so for the last few years ...

no extra charge for Club house or gym or pool ...

2 free lots ... 3rd car depends on availability ...

minority
18-10-13, 00:06
I pay $450 a mth ... its been so for the last few years ...

no extra charge for Club house or gym or pool ...

2 free lots ... 3rd car depends on availability ...

I pay $1000 a mth for maintenance. club house usage also not free too.

NorthernStar
18-10-13, 06:55
I have seen a lot of rich people bargaining like crazy ... while the ok-ish tips waiters very generously

That's one of the reasons why rich getting richer while ok-ish still remain the same.:D. but imo, the ok-ish will be the happier person. :2cents:

NorthernStar
18-10-13, 07:08
Old condo should accumulated quite a deep sinking fund. with good management, the interest of the sinking fund can compensate the maintenance fee of the development. However, new condos need to find ways to accumulate the fund even from a small amount of $20 charge.

I read from this forum that, for a newly TOP 2 bedders, monthly fee ranges from $280 - $350.

say, condo A monthly fee is $350, while condo B monthly fee is $280 but condo B charge for BBQ and Clubhouse usage. Which would you prefer?

For me, if i know i would stay here forever, i would choose A to accumulate more sinking fund(but this depend on how good is MCST). If just stay for 5 years, why pay so much?

irisng
18-10-13, 08:40
Old condo should accumulated quite a deep sinking fund. with good management, the interest of the sinking fund can compensate the maintenance fee of the development. However, new condos need to find ways to accumulate the fund even from a small amount of $20 charge.

I read from this forum that, for a newly TOP 2 bedders, monthly fee ranges from $280 - $350.

say, condo A monthly fee is $350, while condo B monthly fee is $280 but condo B charge for BBQ and Clubhouse usage. Which would you prefer?

For me, if i know i would stay here forever, i would choose A to accumulate more sinking fund(but this depend on how good is MCST). If just stay for 5 years, why pay so much?

But we won't know whether are we staying for 5 yrs or more leh.

I think I will choose B because the difference is $70 per month, 1 year will be $840. How often do we use the BBQ pit and clubhouse and moreover the amount that we paid for usage of all these facilities will never be more than $840 per yr. Sinking fund is contributed separately beside the normal mtce fee. Recently my condo had just increased our sinking fund to $xx per share after staying for > 13 yrs, so I have actually saved about $10k given the above example.

I think EC mtce fee is cheaper than pte condo, I paid about <$800 quarterly for a 3 bedroom. The only charges that I need to pay (if want to use) are the multi-purpose hall (function room), BBQ pit and karaoke room, other than that, all are free.

Shanhz
18-10-13, 09:09
The reason for the charge is to prevent abuse of the facility (function room).

Most condo charge nominal fee for function room, karaoke room and tennis court. Unlike the gym, these facilities only allow the user and his/her family/friends to use it for the duration of the booked period. If they are free, then there will be abuse from kaisu and inconsiderate neighbours who will "booked first think (if to use) later". Facilities will then be heavily booked but often left empty simply because it free. This will be unfair to those who really needs it and want to use it.

Just my 2 cents....

i also agree this is the main reason, regulate the usage, and of course it helps pay for some utility and cleaning and whatever.

swimming pool and gym are different, you can use anytime and if u feel like it, you can sit in the pool for 12 hours a day and others will not complain that you are hogging it.

but imagine booking the clubhouse 12 hrs a day and sit there to read newspaper alone. very shiok right?

Ringo33
18-10-13, 09:10
But we won't know whether are we staying for 5 yrs or more leh.

I think I will choose B because the difference is $70 per month, 1 year will be $840. How often do we use the BBQ pit and clubhouse and moreover the amount that we paid for usage of all these facilities will never be more than $840 per yr. Sinking fund is contributed separately beside the normal mtce fee. Recently my condo had just increased our sinking fund to $xx per share after staying for > 13 yrs, so I have actually saved about $10k given the above example.

I think EC mtce fee is cheaper than pte condo, I paid about <$800 quarterly for a 3 bedroom. The only charges that I need to pay (if want to use) are the multi-purpose hall (function room), BBQ pit and karaoke room, other than that, all are free.

Here is my observation/

If a condo consist of mostly owners stay and there is a long term growth potential such as future MRT or amenities etc then chances are owners will be willing to build up the sinking fund through monthly contribution. But for condo where majority are investor seeking rental yield and capital appreciation, then they would prefer to have less sinking fund contribution.

propertyguru
18-10-13, 09:59
Function rooms, clubhouses, barbecue pits are rivalrous goods. That means their consumption by one consumer prevents simultaneous consumption by other consumers. Swimming pools, gyms are also rivalrous goods, but to a lesser extent. So many more residents can use a swimming pool and gym at the same time without preventing others from consuming them. Of course if the usage of a pool or a gym reaches such a high intensity that their use becomes rivalrous then a case can be made for charging for their use as well. However, that is not true at most condominiums. The other characteristic of function rooms, clubhouses, barbecue pits (and gyms) is that they are excludable. You can prevent people from using them easily, by locking up those places. A pool on the other hand is almost non-excludable, unless you fence it up and install barriers (like a public pool).

Once you take into account these economic characteristics, you will understand why condominiums charge for the use of some facilities and not others. But note that these are not justifications for charging for use per se, but justifications for charging for use in some cases and not charging in other cases.

astroboy8681
18-10-13, 10:16
Here is my observation/

If a condo consist of mostly owners stay and there is a long term growth potential such as future MRT or amenities etc then chances are owners will be willing to build up the sinking fund through monthly contribution. But for condo where majority are investor seeking rental yield and capital appreciation, then they would prefer to have less sinking fund contribution.

yo dawg, your observation does not matter.... really

first thing first you have to let us know if you are even paying maintenance fee in the first place...

for someone with 4000+ post and and giving no hint of what you own, i see zilch substance in your personality :) :D

Ringo33
18-10-13, 10:29

first thing first you have to let us know if you are even paying maintenance fee in the first place...

for someone with 4000+ post and and giving no hint of what you own, i see zilch substance in your personality :) :D

bragging about what you own or how rich you are in this forum? I will leave that to the wannabes to do that.

astroboy8681
18-10-13, 10:42

then again i'm just repeating what everyone already knows...

mermaid
18-10-13, 13:49
shd we pay gst on maintenance fee?

NorthernStar
18-10-13, 15:52
yes.. subjected to GST

mermaid
18-10-13, 15:58
yes.. subjected to GST

den sinking funds?

Ringo33
18-10-13, 16:04
den sinking funds?

wah lao, you mean you never pay maintenance fee before?
So who have you been free loading sia?

DC33_2008
18-10-13, 16:22
Your MA is a GST registered company therefore got GST.

proud owner
18-10-13, 16:24

hhhmmm

I feel his observation is quite valid leh

mermaid
18-10-13, 16:25
hhhmmm

depends la, got both sides of a coin.

hopeful
18-10-13, 16:35
hhhmmm

it is damn valid. but i really afraid to point it out because i scare of Astroboy.
people like to attack messenger instead of the message.
once they see R33 is the one who posts, automatic reaction is to discount his message.

as R33 have pointed out, maintenance fees and sinking fund is a cost for landlords, reducing their rental yield.

Ringo33
18-10-13, 16:36
depends la, got both sides of a coin.

So you have never pay maintenance fee before, so I presume you have never attended any agm either. So what coin are you talking about?

mermaid
18-10-13, 16:41
u haven see badly maintained condos who r mostly owners occupied, they wanna scrimp & contribute as little to maintenance/sinking funds as possible. there r oso short term investors who do not wan to contribute a lot since they will no longer be around to enjoy the fruits of the funds hence I feel tat u guys shdnt generalise.

hopeful
18-10-13, 16:46
.....there r oso short term investors who do wan to contribute a lot since they will no longer be around to enjoy the fruits of the funds .....

i dont understand this connection.
they will not be around to enjoy, so they want to contribute a lot?

Ringo33
18-10-13, 16:49
u haven see badly maintained condos who r mostly owners occupied, they wanna scrimp & contribute as little to maintenance/sinking funds as possible. there r oso short term investors who do not wan to contribute a lot since they will no longer be around to enjoy the fruits of the funds hence I feel tat u guys shdnt generalise.

I hope you are not just throwing smokes here. Can you give us the name of the project you are talking about?

mermaid
18-10-13, 16:52
i dont understand this connection.
they will not be around to enjoy, so they want to contribute a lot?

u quoted too fast liao.

there r oso short term investors who do not wan to contribute a lot since they will no longer be around to enjoy the fruits of the funds hence I feel tat u guys shdnt generalise.

Ringo33
18-10-13, 17:06

astroboy8681
18-10-13, 17:10
it is damn valid. but i really afraid to point it out because i scare of Astroboy.
people like to attack messenger instead of the message.
once they see R33 is the one who posts, automatic reaction is to discount his message.

as R33 have pointed out, maintenance fees and sinking fund is a cost for landlords, reducing their rental yield.

-___- what's there to be afraid of a chirpy cheerio astroboy... chill man

but you are fairly spot on with me targeting the messenger vs the message, likewise for every 1 supporter he has there are 10 detractors... must state thou i'm a friendly detractor

may i ask you, have you seen any individual here with thousands postings yet not drop a hint of their purchased/purchase(s)? what do you conclude from this?

COWARDICE, isn't it... there are many good protections against temptations but the surest way is cowardice, aka ringo 33, alias sore thumb and the list goes on...

trust me up to his 6000th/7000th/10000th post, no one would know what he own(s) if he even does in first place.... then again with this kinda deplorable attitude one should swear to secrecy where one resides :)

Ringo33
18-10-13, 17:13

but you are fairly spot on with me targeting the messenger vs the message, likewise for every 1 supporter he has there are 10 detractors... must state thou i'm a friendly detractor

may i ask you, have you seen any individual here with thousands postings yet not drop a hint of their purchased/purchase(s)? what do you conclude from this?

COWARDICE, isn't it... there are many good protections against temptations but the surest way is cowardice, aka ringo 33, alias sore thumb and the list goes on...

trust me up to his 6000th/7000th/10000th post, no one would know what he own(s) if he even does in first place.... then again with this kinda deplorable attitude one should swear to secrecy where one resides :)

so now we all need to flash out out bank account balance before we can post in this forum?

So what do you own? :D

mermaid
18-10-13, 17:21

I will give ppl chance, else we will be deemed no diff fm them ;)
but if ppl push their luck too far, then they r juz baiting for a chance to be shoot jialat jialat by me :D

astroboy8681
18-10-13, 17:22
so now we all need to flash out out bank account balance before we can post in this forum?

So what do you own? :D

please continue to be an idiot :) it is to everyone's pleasure seeing you score own goals...

see my 1st post, isn't it clear enough??? what about the picture perfect clear blue skies you painted of JLD only to be recently tainted by your very own dirty sore hands?

what do you own? don't shoot another own goal... cowardice

astroboy8681
18-10-13, 17:25
I will give ppl chance, else we will be deemed no diff fm them ;)
but if ppl push their luck too far, then they r juz baiting for a chance to be shoot jialat jialat by me :D

:) i just hope he comes out of his box

mermaid
18-10-13, 17:42
:) i just hope he comes out of his box

y bother? it is somehow quite stupid to argue wif a pig everyday asking it y it is so fat :D

astroboy8681
18-10-13, 17:44
please continue to be an idiot :) it is to everyone's pleasure seeing you score own goals...

see my 1st post, isn't it clear enough??? what about the picture perfect clear blue skies you painted of JLD only to be recently tainted by your very own dirty sore hands?

what do you own? don't shoot another own goal... cowardice

sore thumb, everyone is watching this space... with anticipation

the ball is in your court...

you can either duck, dodge and dive to the epitome of "cowardice" OR at least regain back some credibility on this platform...

what do you own?

quick it's friday i'm going for my happy hour and late night session :)

astroboy8681
18-10-13, 17:46
y bother? it is somehow quite stupid to argue wif a pig everyday asking it y it is so fat :D

you naughty little girl :tongue3:

mermaid
18-10-13, 17:47
you naughty little girl :tongue3:

little baby boy, there is very high chance u r younger den me :tongue3:

proud owner
18-10-13, 17:50
sore thumb, everyone is watching this space... with anticipation

the ball is in your court...

you can either duck, dodge and dive to the epitome of "cowardice" OR at least regain back some credibility on this platform...

what do you own?

quick it's friday i'm going for my happy hour and late night session :)

I remember reading in this forum ... that the quality of inputs are down ...

now I know why ...

we are know MIW are reading this site too ...

are you going to ask every single one ? you think MIW will tell what they own ? or where they live ?

and if they keep silent ... are you going to attack them one by one ?

such messenger attacking attitude makes me ( maybe other forummers) sick ..

I don't want to read further ... getting out ...

Ringo33
18-10-13, 18:06

Is it true that you have never pay maintanenc fee nor attend Agm before?

And what is the name of the run down condo you were saying again?

astroboy8681
18-10-13, 18:28
I remember reading in this forum ... that the quality of inputs are down ...

now I know why ...

we are know MIW are reading this site too ...

are you going to ask every single one ? you think MIW will tell what they own ? or where they live ?

and if they keep silent ... are you going to attack them one by one ?

such messenger attacking attitude makes me ( maybe other forummers) sick ..

I don't want to read further ... getting out ...

i don't see why you take offence at what i post cos my only point of contention is to give back the same medicine what that sore thumb gives to others... do you not see his ambiguity???

to be sure most are on the same page, hope you are not assuming he could be MIW... would be the greatest fallacy

"ask every single one" and "attack one by one" should be put in perspectives... how many "ones" have you encountered from reading my posts thus far?

anyhow this reply isn't meant to start warring with you. you should stay, your posts are mostly sharing and constructive...

the very reason why i'm on this forum in the first place to learn...

teddybear
18-10-13, 19:44
Because your estate has too many units, so subject to GST!
So, another reason to avoid estate with too many units! :ashamed1:

yes.. subjected to GST

teddybear
18-10-13, 19:46
Many OCR projects are badly maintained. :(

I hope you are not just throwing smokes here. Can you give us the name of the project you are talking about?

Ringo33
18-10-13, 20:34
Many OCR projects are badly maintained. :(

CCR many projects selling at loss...why huh?

irisng
18-10-13, 20:53

Aiyoh, in this world, there are many different type of people, some are very outspoken type while some are more careful type etc. No right or wrong, especially this is a public forum. My best friend can also do that to me, so secretive with her living.:ashamed1:

teddybear
18-10-13, 21:44
You want to know the reason? You will never get it!
I am not going to spill the beans! :p

CCR many projects selling at loss...why huh?

Ringo33
18-10-13, 21:54
You want to know the reason? You will never get it!
I am not going to spill the beans! :p

despite FH, best street property 101, location location location bla bla bla, still selling at loss. why ah?

estate cleaning not good enough? or foreign workers didnt do a good job?

teddybear
18-10-13, 22:56
Tell you also useless since you don't have those deal.
Also you are too low level to be able to take advantage of... :tongue3:

despite FH, best street property 101, location location location bla bla bla, still selling at loss. why ah?

estate cleaning not good enough? or foreign workers didnt do a good job?

minority
18-10-13, 23:42
cannot afford pay $25 to use club house.? better dont buy condo.

Ringo33
19-10-13, 00:40
Tell you also useless since you don't have those deal.
Also you are too low level to be able to take advantage of... :tongue3:

What a pity isnt it? Waited so long for a recovery and now it seems like prices are continue to come down. I am guess those holding to old oversize apartment should be feeling the pitch now as they might not be able to see the en bloc windfall in this life.