PDA

View Full Version : URA, HDB offer 2 new residential sites for sale

reporter2
31-10-13, 13:06
http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/ura-hdb-offer-2-new-residential-sites-sale

Singapore

URA, HDB offer 2 new residential sites for sale

Government releases Confirmed List site at Westwood Avenue, Reserve List site at Lorong Lew Lian

SINGAPORE — The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) and Housing & Development Board (HDB) have released two residential sites for sale today (Oct 31) to provide developers and home-buyers with more choices for private housing.

Under the second-half of this year’s Government Land Sales (GLS) Programme, the Executive Condominium site at Westwood Avenue is for sale under the Confirmed List, and Lorong Lew Lian is available under the Reserve List.

The Westwood Avenue site in Jurong West is in close proximity to the PIE and near Jalan Bahar. The Lorong Lew Lian site is located near Upper Serangoon Road and Upper Paya Lebar Road.

The two sites will yield about 980 residential units together, the URA and HDB said.

land118
31-10-13, 22:12
http://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/land-sales-repository/sites-available/lorlewlian-ma.aspx

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10330p.nsf/w/LandDevMangWestwoodAve?OpenDocument

kane
31-10-13, 23:51
The lorong lew lian plot not bad. When is the closing?

mermaid
01-11-13, 10:00
The lorong lew lian plot not bad. When is the closing?

yeah agree, the walk to mrt is nearer den Jade resi or minton. I was bio-ing tis plot too but caught by surprise tat it was launched so early :(

eng81157
01-11-13, 10:20
the lor lew lian plot is sooooo much better than the ulu westwood. but of course, a certain character will protest in arms

mermaid
01-11-13, 10:23
the lor lew lian plot is sooooo much better than the ulu westwood. but of course, a certain character will protest in arms

actually ppl not interested better, the bid will be lower so it is the buyers who benefited ultimately.

eng81157
01-11-13, 10:28
actually ppl not interested better, the bid will be lower so it is the buyers who benefited ultimately.

the bid will never be lower than market valuation by the way. unless some developer is crazy enough to bid way above market price, then buyers can start looking at resale units in the vicinity.

mermaid
01-11-13, 10:32
the bid will never be lower than market valuation by the way. unless some developer is crazy enough to bid way above market price, then buyers can start looking at resale units in the vicinity.

hard to say ... now wif tdsr, not so easy to move stocks unless u price it affordable enuff ...
& in order for the price to be cheap enuff without hurting margins, developers cannot juz bid high high without tinking abt the bottomline.

eng81157
01-11-13, 10:55
hard to say ... now wif tdsr, not so easy to move stocks unless u price it affordable enuff ...
& in order for the price to be cheap enuff without hurting margins, developers cannot juz bid high high without tinking abt the bottomline.

govt has a minimum bid amount that is pegged to market valuation. any bid below the threshold, they will just reject it.

hence at best, buyers will pay market price.

proud owner
01-11-13, 11:00
govt has a minimum bid amount that is pegged to market valuation. any bid below the threshold, they will just reject it.

so govt is an accomplice to the rising prices ... still implement CMs to penalize the people ... Crap

eng81157
01-11-13, 11:07
so govt is an accomplice to the rising prices ... still implement CMs to penalize the people ... Crap

if you own the land and the bank, you can have your cake in the hand, on a plate and still eat it.

mermaid
01-11-13, 11:07

true, but when resale prices drop (like in the case of resale hdbs) mkt valuation will be lower, their min bid oso hv to be revised downward wat...

tats the problem wif them, wanna hv their cake & eat it.
on one hand wanna developers to bid high high so tat they can earn from GLS, on the other hand dun wan developers to sell high cos they cannot account to the citizens on the rising accommodation :doh:

eng81157
01-11-13, 11:12
true, but when resale prices drop (like in the case of resale hdbs) mkt valuation will be lower, their min bid oso hv to be revised downward wat...

tats the problem wif them, wanna hv their cake & eat it.
on one hand wanna developers to bid high high so tat they can earn from GLS, on the other hand dun wan developers to sell high cos they cannot account to the citizens on the rising accommodation :doh:

well, i'm sorry to disappoint you, they will just cancel the auction (as they have done so all the while). till date, there is no record of a developer winning a land auction by bidding below the minimum threshold

mermaid
01-11-13, 11:22
well, i'm sorry to disappoint you, they will just cancel the auction (as they have done so all the while). till date, there is no record of a developer winning a land auction by bidding below the minimum threshold

I am not saying to bid below the min amt. I mean to say having a lower bid than the prev one due to lower valuation from transacted resale.

take for eg,
compare the land bid price of bartley residence ($621psf ppr sold in 2011) vs bartley ridge ($495psf ppr sold in 2012) which r 2 plot of land opposite each other.
besides the fact tat bartley residence is slightly in a better loc, the drop in bid amt is oso due to CMs tat were put in place.
in tis instance, of cos I dun mean any developer will be successful if he bid a ridiculous amt of say $400psf ppr.

lajia
01-11-13, 16:05
be more friendly la, you have your opinion, he has his opinion....there is no right or wrong, just whether you are more open to take it or not, that it...:2cents:

westwood one really jialat, so small piece and so near PIE. but then u say I say no use one...it still voice down to supply and demand. see which one sell out first and you can then judge from there. talk until upside down also no use...:)

eng81157
04-11-13, 09:02
be more friendly la, you have your opinion, he has his opinion....there is no right or wrong, just whether you are more open to take it or not, that it...:2cents:

westwood one really jialat, so small piece and so near PIE. but then u say I say no use one...it still voice down to supply and demand. see which one sell out first and you can then judge from there. talk until upside down also no use...:)

i'm cool about having differences in opinions. just as with bro hopeful, we agree to disagree on certain discussions that are backed with reason and rational thinking.

look at the moron who purported that the area around westwood secondary will be developed into a high tech industry and crystal-balling that westwood will have a mrt station - all fairy tales backed by lunacy.

for things as such, there is no respect

Ringo33
04-11-13, 09:29
i'm cool about having differences in opinions. just as with bro hopeful, we agree to disagree on certain discussions that are backed with reason and rational thinking.

look at the moron who purported that the area around westwood secondary will be developed into a high tech industry and crystal-balling that westwood will have a mrt station - all fairy tales backed by lunacy.

for things as such, there is no respect

Obviously you are so clueless about whats going on around you and you are out of sync with the latest development. So its no coincident that why you are only capable of is using your big mouth and big talk to convince others that you are a biggest brainless armchair critics in this forum.

Want to prove us wrong? Then post something of your own and let us see how much insight to you have about whats going on around you.

Google Asia Pacific Pte Ltd is constructing a $160-million data centre on 2.45 hectares of land at Wenya. Scheduled for completion by 2013

YCH Group yesterday broke ground for its $200 million logistics hub in Jurong West.

Called Supply Chain City, the facility will be a warehouse, in addition to housing YCH’s headquarters, research activities, a training academy and lifestyle amenities for its employees and customers.

It will provide about 1.5 million square feet of warehousing space and half a million square feet of office space, paving the way for YCH’s customers to integrate their front and back-end operations to maximize efficiency, said YCH chairman and chief executive Robert Yap.

KWE is pleased to announce that KWE-Kintetsu World Express (S) Pte Ltd. (President: Yoshikazu Yashiki; hereinafter "KWE Singapore"), the local subsidiary of KWE in Singapore, will open a new warehouse in January of 2014 in the Jurong West area of western Singapore.
Using the "Build to Suit"* scheme, the new warehouse will be by obtainning recognition of the government of Singapore. The design layout is a 4 story building of steel frame construction, a loading and unloading dock maintained on each floor, and air conditioned space within the warehouse to enable handling of semi-conductors and medical related items which require temperature control. We will also make it a flexible design in which cold rooms, clean rooms etc. can be installed as per customer demand, as well as equipped with the latest security functions

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/2673/au9d.jpg

eng81157
04-11-13, 09:37
eh, kam-gongness to epic levels!!!

are these MNCs building in westwood?? and you ridiculously fingered out a plot that is just beside a secondary school for these developments?!?!?!?!?!?

secondly, what has industrial potential got to do with liveability and attractiveness? seletar should be topping the charts with rolls royce and EADS at its helm

thank goodness you aren't doing the urban planning for singapore.

Ringo33
04-11-13, 09:48
eh, kam-gongness to epic levels!!!

are these MNCs building in westwood?? and you ridiculously fingered out a plot that is just beside a secondary school for these developments?!?!?!?!?!?

secondly, what has industrial potential got to do with liveability and attractiveness? seletar should be topping the charts with rolls royce and EADS at its helm

thank goodness you aren't doing the urban planning for singapore.

The moron which I was talking to was saying that area around westwood Secondary school, and that is the Wenya Industrial Estate.

So I am not so sure what rubbish are you talking about here. And btw, opposite Westwood, is the Cleantech Park, which houses many green enery technology companies.

the area around westwood secondary will be developed into a high tech industry

Just keep you big mouth shut and stop wasting our time.

eng81157
04-11-13, 10:02
The moron which I was talking to was saying that area around westwood Secondary school, and that is the Wenya Industrial Estate.

So I am not so sure what rubbish are you talking about here. And btw, opposite Westwood, is the Cleantech Park, which houses many green enery technology companies.

Just keep you big mouth shut and stop wasting our time.

kam gong, that doesn't answer the fact that industrial potential has no relevance on liveability. like i said, seletar would top the charts since rolls royce and easd are doing top-notch R&D.

if a location can be regarded as attractive by being in close proximity to industries, then the best place for you is the jurong island

"Stupidity has no cure, you can only laugh at Ringo" - Sir A.W.

Ringo33
04-11-13, 10:12
kam gong, that doesn't answer the fact that industrial potential has no relevance on liveability. like i said, seletar would top the charts since rolls royce and easd are doing top-notch R&D.

if a location can be regarded as attractive by being in close proximity to industries, then the best place for you is the jurong island

"Stupidity has no cure, you can only laugh at Ringo" - Sir A.W.

I have already prove to everyone how little you how little you know about the industrial site next to westwood secondary school.

So Kam Gong, please dont waste our time by talking about things like livability and Seletar rolls royces etc, because we all know that Western Region and CBD area is still the largest employment hub in Singapore.