PDA

View Full Version : Cluster landed or Patio units

Santro
05-11-13, 20:29
Landed prices are going way beyond reach. The storm isn't strong enough to topple this segment. Obvious reason is the current owners have holding power.
I am slowly giving up my dream of owning a freehold piece of land and now looking at experiencing the lower cost landed feeling.
All things being equal, given the choice of Patio units and Cluster landed - Which one would you choose. From investment perspective Capital appreciation/Rental-wise which one would be a better option.

Personally, I like cluster landed as condo patio units are always subjected to highrise littering. Maintenance fees wise - Patio is cheaper and full condo facilities.

Please share your views.:cheers1:

sunboy77
05-11-13, 23:23
Landed prices are going way beyond reach. The storm isn't strong enough to topple this segment. Obvious reason is the current owners have holding power.
I am slowly giving up my dream of owning a freehold piece of land and now looking at experiencing the lower cost landed feeling.
All things being equal, given the choice of Patio units and Cluster landed - Which one would you choose. From investment perspective Capital appreciation/Rental-wise which one would be a better option.

Personally, I like cluster landed as condo patio units are always subjected to highrise littering. Maintenance fees wise - Patio is cheaper and full condo facilities.

Hee hee... Of cos cluster la. But whether wallet allow is another story.

Anyway there are advantages of strata cluster houses over landed ones. More facilities, lower maintenance costs are among some of them.

proud owner
05-11-13, 23:27

there are still many landed which I feel is 'affordable'...

perhaps you are looking at the Prime districts...

take for example... Luxus hill 16xx sqft land ..going at about 3mio

D28 ... some FH terraces with land bigger than Luxus' are going below 3 mio ...

Ringo33
06-11-13, 06:26

Get a penthouse, its like landed property in the sky. No need to worry about littering, snakes, lizard, mosquitoes, housebreaking etc.

Alternatively, you might want to consider buying condo and renting landed property. Its cheaper and more economical to rent landed than buying, especially if you factor in the risk of buying during peak of the cycle, expenses on A&A (if buying old landed), risking interest rate.

Ringo33
06-11-13, 06:38

Anyway there are advantages of strata cluster houses over landed ones. More facilities, lower maintenance costs are among some of them.

can borrow salt and pepper from neighbors from balcony.

Santro
06-11-13, 09:34
Yes, not really prime but more nearer to amenities like public transport or shopping. The ones I looked at all asking psf about $1000.

there are still many landed which I feel is 'affordable'...

perhaps you are looking at the Prime districts...

take for example... Luxus hill 16xx sqft land ..going at about 3mio

D28 ... some FH terraces with land bigger than Luxus' are going below 3 mio ...

Santro
06-11-13, 09:35
Agree Bro. I found the cluster landed more conveniently located and in move-in condition. Landed, the ones selling a bit cheaper need to do A&A.

Santro
06-11-13, 09:40
Your alternate suggestion makes sense Bro. I can rent my current condo and still experience landed living.
The penthouse have higher maintenance charges if I am not wrong. Some developers factor in the roof terrace space etc while calculating the price and maintenance :D.

Get a penthouse, its like landed property in the sky. No need to worry about littering, snakes, lizard, mosquitoes, housebreaking etc.

Alternatively, you might want to consider buying condo and renting landed property. Its cheaper and more economical to rent landed than buying, especially if you factor in the risk of buying during peak of the cycle, expenses on A&A (if buying old landed), risking interest rate.

Ringo33
06-11-13, 10:31
Your alternate suggestion makes sense Bro. I can rent my current condo and still experience landed living.
The penthouse have higher maintenance charges if I am not wrong. Some developers factor in the roof terrace space etc while calculating the price and maintenance :D.

plenty of landed owners looking for tenant out there as ang moh with families prefer to live in condo or cluster because of its facilities. I think for 6K rent, you might be able to get yourself a old detached house :D

creative_vitamin
06-11-13, 13:25
Yes, not really prime but more nearer to amenities like public transport or shopping. The ones I looked at all asking psf about $1000.

still have this kind of psf?

Santro
07-11-13, 09:50
Yes Bro. I quoted lower end and the ones needing A&A or rebuild. Move-in condition is more.

still have this kind of psf?

lajia
08-11-13, 14:38
just offering my opinion...

if you are looking at FH, then u should only go for landed and not cluster. rebuilding (not possible) and other maintenance issue would comes if you intend to keep it for a long long time I mean say 20yrs...so, FH cluster is not so good.
but if your time frame is say max 15yrs..., then you can consider LH Cluster.

you look deeply, u will find the beauty. :p

I have in other thread also mentioned that cluster is getting more popular these days. just look at FE, they have recently launch quite a lot of development on cluster. these guys know the trend....in this case, follow them might be a good idea. ;)