PDA

View Full Version : Property Prices down?

Mu
12-11-13, 22:02
Dear Bros and Sis',

I was browsing Property Guru and chanced upon quite a few 3 bedders 99 yr lease hold under $1 Mil...If I remember correctly, this was hardly possible early this year when I was looking....

Are property prices really softening? If so, what can we expect?

Hope all seasoned bros and sis' can chip in here....

Learner
12-11-13, 22:59
Prices seems to be softening judging from new launch prices and resale prices.

Good news for buyers :)

jwong71
12-11-13, 23:01
Dear Bros and Sis',

I was browsing Property Guru and chanced upon quite a few 3 bedders 99 yr lease hold under $1 Mil...If I remember correctly, this was hardly possible early this year when I was looking....

Rental softening, cov softening, prices aso softening.

Arcachon
13-11-13, 00:43
How low will you start to buy?

In 2009, 2 Bedroom @ Southbank go as low as SGD 750,000. How many people do you think go and buy and how many are selling.

Buy within your mean, if you think it is a good buy just go ahead.

Now the bank cannot loan money for me to buy, if they can loan me the money I will go and buy more.

Shanhz
13-11-13, 06:35
prices are softening because nobody can buy due to TDSR and ABSD. so u have price but no buyer. but those who have holding power will hold on because sell already cannot buy back.

ecimbew
13-11-13, 11:31
The first batch who bought after SSD was introduced can start selling without penalty. This could be another reason.

relax88
13-11-13, 11:38
Sell already....if must buy another one would cost more cos of taxes and if can get finance for the new unit under new bank terms is another factor..

hmmmm.....1 pro ( get monies) or 2 cons( tax) (, finance):ashamed1:

thomastansb
13-11-13, 12:35
That is why the pros has to be much more than cons. If someone can pay me 15% higher than last transacted, why not? If not, just rent out long term. Nothing to lose anyway. Win win situation for owners. Especially those who bought before 07 or during 08/09 financial meltdown. My loan is 40 years loan so the installment is like 30% of my rental.

Sell already....if must buy another one would cost more cos of taxes and if can get finance for the new unit under new bank terms is another factor..

hmmmm.....1 pro ( get monies) or 2 cons( tax) (, finance):ashamed1:

wt_know
13-11-13, 14:12
$1M for a <1000sqft 99 yr LH suburban condo is still on the high side
$800k+- is more reasonable ... still got 20% downside

Dear Bros and Sis',

Mu
13-11-13, 21:03
To be honest.....it really does seem that the gahmen has engineered a soft landing for the property market...When they mentioned that they will be engineering a soft landing, I thought it will be impossible....

I guess what we are seeing now is indeed a "soft landing."

- People no longer can speculate, unless you have super deep pockets.

-Buyer no longer can pick up properties like they are buying groceries

-Sellers can no longer give you "take it or leave it" prices

-Developers cannot anyhow sell at at a crazy price.

-Foreigners can no longer anyhow buy

-Banks can no longer anyhow give loans

This means that with the increase in population growth, there would be more renters rather than buyers.....Therefore some scenarios

-Rental rates will continue to grow especially in convenient, desirable areas
-Property prices continue to soften (fewer can buy)
-Foreign property may become a lot more desirable. Outflow of capital from Singapore to other countries.

Pls continue to build on this.....

Shanhz
15-11-13, 14:21
$1M for a <1000sqft 99 yr LH suburban condo is still on the high side
$800k+- is more reasonable ... still got 20% downside

these numbers are all relative.
10 yrs ago, pple would have been saying 400k is reasonable, 600k is too high.

Shanhz
15-11-13, 14:22
-Rental rates will continue to grow especially in convenient, desirable areas
-Property prices continue to soften (fewer can buy)
-Foreign property may become a lot more desirable. Outflow of capital from Singapore to other countries.

Pls continue to build on this.....

this thing wun go on forever. when ppty prices soften and rental grow to a certain level where the yield becomes ridiculous, prices will move again. imagine 25% yield per annum on your rental. u tink the prices will stay soft?

Mu
16-11-13, 16:56
this thing wun go on forever. when ppty prices soften and rental grow to a certain level where the yield becomes ridiculous, prices will move again. imagine 25% yield per annum on your rental. u tink the prices will stay soft?

Good point...there will be a period when the balance is tipped in favor of owning a property.... But as it stands, owning a property is no longer a choice unless u have ultra deep pockets