PDA

View Full Version : Is there double counting of floor area ?

lifeline
17-11-13, 20:46
Just like to highlight an observation brought up by forummer Hopeful in the Aristo thread. This is regards to possible double counting of floor area where there is overlap of space. Examples are:

1. Aristo baywindow and the plantar
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=443940&postcount=1167

2. V on Shenton studio baywindow and aircon ledge
The aircon and ledge is directly below the baywindow.

Any other examples?

Is anyone familiar with this and how floor area is calculated? Has anyone consulted ura re this before? If they follow plan view, then overlap will not be double counted. Developers already have lots of leeway in billing aircon ledges, baywindows, planters, free 10% gfa given, etc. This, if true, cannot be one of them.

Thanks.

hopeful
18-11-13, 08:00
another idea for developer to implement.

i suggest developer start building a non-load bearing "AC ledge", ie cannot support compressor weight + human weight, can only support the weight of birds resting on the ledge.

how to put AC on the AC ledge then?
use steels bracket to support the AC compressor, like what they are doing now for the older projects.
so there is no physical contact between AC compressor and "AC ledge".

the total cost of non-load bearing "AC ledge" + steel bracket would be cheaper to construct than a load-bearing AC ledge.

of course, dont show the steel brackets in the showrooms. and put them in fine print in the S&P, saying AC ledge is non-load bearing.

eng81157
18-11-13, 08:32

i suggest developer start building a non-load bearing "AC ledge", ie cannot support compressor weight + human weight, can only support the weight of birds resting on the ledge.

use steels bracket to support the AC compressor, like what they are doing now for the older projects.

the total cost of non-load bearing "AC ledge" + steel bracket would be cheaper to construct than a load-bearing AC ledge.

of course, dont show the steel brackets in the showrooms. and put them in fine print in the S&P, saying AC ledge is non-load bearing.

and this "new" form of AC ledge is meant for owners to house their pet parakeets.......??? :scared-5:

hopeful
18-11-13, 08:59
and this "new" form of AC ledge is meant for owners to house their pet parakeets.......??? :scared-5:

if they like, however the "AC ledge" is more for free-ranging birds :)

lifeline
18-11-13, 09:01

hahaha... you really know how to "slime" them...

then aircon man cannot step onto aircon ledge and got to hang out from windows. actually your cost-saving plan may already have been implemented... the wall may be non-load bearing.

hopeful
18-11-13, 09:49
hahaha... you really know how to "slime" them...

then aircon man cannot step onto aircon ledge and got to hang out from windows. actually your cost-saving plan may already have been implemented... the wall may be non-load bearing.

i think non-load bearing has been used rather loosely here, i apologise.
i think as long as walls are made of bricks, can support aircon compressor. external walls are brickwalls, internal walls then can be drywalls.

i was looking at some new warehouses (not in singapore) in a warehouse complex, that is under construction.

1) i noticed that the shared wall is only 1 brick width, so 2 warehouses sharing a brick. last time, shared wall is 2 brick thick, each warehouse has its own brick.
2) in addition, the rain gutter is also shared along the shared wall. last time, each warehouse has its own rain gutter.

up to owners of the warehouses to negotiate the cost of wall repair, rain gutter repair.

these are some of the cost saving (profit-maximising) measures by the developers.

lifeline
19-11-13, 10:24
i think non-load bearing has been used rather loosely here, i apologise.
i think as long as walls are made of bricks, can support aircon compressor. external walls are brickwalls, internal walls then can be drywalls.

i was looking at some new warehouses (not in singapore) in a warehouse complex, that is under construction.

1) i noticed that the shared wall is only 1 brick width, so 2 warehouses sharing a brick. last time, shared wall is 2 brick thick, each warehouse has its own brick.
2) in addition, the rain gutter is also shared along the shared wall. last time, each warehouse has its own rain gutter.

up to owners of the warehouses to negotiate the cost of wall repair, rain gutter repair.

these are some of the cost saving (profit-maximising) measures by the developers.

you are really into construction details. thanks for highlighting and sharing.

Tripp
19-11-13, 16:21
I remembered that in the ATT thread a while back, there was some discussion on the double counting of space for the common rubbish chute shared among 2 units across each other.

http://static.streetsine.s3-website-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/Project%20Photos/14862//L/7952.jpg