PDA

View Full Version : ABSD to be tweak in 2014??

Ringo33
28-12-13, 19:42
In today's ST, several prominent property analysts are wishing that ABSD for Singapore buying 2nd property and foreigners buying 1st property will be remove in 2014.

I sure hope it will happen.

4wheels
28-12-13, 19:48
In today's ST, several prominent property analysts are wishing that ABSD for Singapore buying 2nd property and foreigners buying 1st property will be remove in 2014.

I sure hope it will happen.

as long as price doesn't rise.

lionhill
28-12-13, 20:24
If everyone looks forwrod to it with long necks, it won't happen.
it happens when most people are not interested in buying properties.

princess_morbucks
28-12-13, 20:43
If everyone looks forwrod to it with long necks, it won't happen.
it happens when most people are not interested in buying properties.

If people expect it to be tweaked then they will hold back and adopt a wait and see approach.
The moment the ABSD is tweaked or removed, hell may break loose.

So in short, even if ABSD is tweaked, there is bound to be some other limiting criteria.

smellyfish
28-12-13, 21:10
ssd should be tweaked first. first two years probably stay, but 3rd and 4th year really not serving much point, and will kill people unnecessary if they cannot get out when price weaken/interest go up

hyenergix
28-12-13, 21:12
IMHO, HDB resale prices have been correcting far too quickly. This will could create some problems 1-2 years down the road for HDB upgraders.

Restricting PRs from buying resale HDB doesn't seem to be the right move as they will still return to the market after 3 years and appears more as a mean to score political goal. ABSD for PRs buying resale HDBs and re-distributing the revenue to subsidise low-income citizens buying their first BTOs, instead of all tax payers (including citizens) subsidising might be a better option.

august
28-12-13, 22:12
ssd should be tweaked first. first two years probably stay, but 3rd and 4th year really not serving much point, and will kill people unnecessary if they cannot get out when price weaken/interest go up

SSD should stay, to prevent flipping.

Eh
28-12-13, 22:58
I proposed absd for 2nd property instead of the current additional 7% to ANY 2nd property change to 7% absd for properties that cost more $1k psf and quantum $1 million and above. See how developers react.

玉格格
28-12-13, 23:02
I proposed absd for 2nd property instead of the current additional 7% to ANY 2nd property change to 7% absd for properties that cost more $1k psf and quantum $1 million and above. See how developers react.

wats the rationale?
btw, where to find psf < $1k wif quantum 1 mil de ppty arh?

kane
28-12-13, 23:24
prices just started to pause and they want absd relaxed. how will prices cool down properly like that.

newbie11
28-12-13, 23:41
wats the rationale?
btw, where to find psf < $1k wif quantum 1 mil de ppty arh?

Resale EC lor

minority
29-12-13, 02:08
TDSR is what is stopping people in the tracks.

Ringo33
29-12-13, 08:34
TDSR is what is stopping people in the tracks.

I am not too bother by TDSR, its the paying the 7 to 10% on ABSD that is making property investment ridicules. I am sure the same will apply to foreigners.

wt_know
29-12-13, 08:55
ABSD lifted ... sales office open till 12am
it's like super sales ... must buy sure buy ... sporean just like sales
can't wait ...

Trevortan
29-12-13, 09:42
ABSD lifted ... sales office open till 12am
it's like super sales ... must buy sure buy ... sporean just like sales
can't wait ...

Unlikely removed. Maybe they will allow refund of ABSD when sell the property.. haha high hopes. :scared-2:

oops
29-12-13, 10:28
I think govt is engineering at least 10pct (2014)to 20pct correction before removal of any existing measures..

oops
29-12-13, 10:33
All the measures are to keep marginal buyers out(getting burn) while they engineer the landing..

star
29-12-13, 11:09
Actually it is good to have all these cm. At least i find agents more humble now.

freesoul
15-01-14, 12:30
I am not too bother by TDSR, its the paying the 7 to 10% on ABSD that is making property investment ridicules. I am sure the same will apply to foreigners.

agree :doh:

Ringo33
15-01-14, 12:39
agree :doh:

Hope mas will come out to say that with tdsr in place absd has become redundant and we should remain an open economy to attract talent and investment. Hope

onglai
15-01-14, 12:40
if absd is suddenly removed today, do u guys think the price of all advertised unit will go up by about 5-6% tomrrow?

wt_know
15-01-14, 12:50
at first, no change to attract buyers
then ... slowly creep up 5%-7% ... developer objective is to maximize profit

if absd is suddenly removed today, do u guys think the price of all advertised unit will go up by about 5-6% tomrrow?

freesoul
15-01-14, 15:04
Hope mas will come out to say that with tdsr in place absd has become redundant and we should remain an open economy to attract talent and investment. Hope

Finger crossed

tradert
15-01-14, 23:33

IMHO, the labour crunch and ppty cooling measures are here to stay till the upcoming GE.