PDA

View Full Version : New hospital site

hemohemo
20-01-14, 17:50
On 20 Jan, 2014, at 5:05 pm, [email protected] wrote:

[This is a system generated email. Please do not reply to it. If you have any feedback for us, please click here.]

Customer Name :
ID Number :
Email Address :
Contact Numbers :
Feedback Received Date : 13/01/2014

Dear Mr xxx,

Please refer to your email query dated 13 Jan 2014.

The site at the junction of Bedok Reservoir Road and Bedok North Road is zoned Health & Medical Care in Draft Master Plan 2013. This is a safeguarded site to meet future demands for healthcare services in the longer term.

Yours sincerely,

Yyyy zzz
Physical Planning Group, URA

Urban Redevelopment Authority § Physical Planning, East Department § Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person. Please notify the sender immediately if you receive this in error § Check out our website at http://www.ura.gov.sg

----------------------------------------------------------------

Your earlier feedback received on 13/01/2014 :

Sent: Sunday, 12 January, 2014 1:56 PM
To: URA Email (URA)
Subject: A hospital at Bedok Reservoir Road and Bedok North Road

Hello,

At the Draft Master Plan 2013, I'm curios to see a piece of land marked as Red with letter 'H' which is situated at the junction of Bedok Reservoir Road and Bedok North Road, and at the doorstep of Bedok North MRT (of DTL3).

Is it a new hospital to be built there? Or is it meant for expansion of (which) existing hospital? What is the timeline to develop that piece of land?

Regards,
Xx

"

chiaberry
20-01-14, 19:46
Is that a good thing or bad thing?

Anyway, it could be a long time before it's built and running.

It could be a Nursing Home rather than a hospital.

ysyap
20-01-14, 20:16
The medical scene in Singapore is simply pathetic. Its 10 years late. The new hospitals that are currently being built in the north are there not to cater to future needs but to ease current needs. Since 2 years back, public hospitals in our land have been in dire shortage of rooms. Beds are lined up along hospital corridors, as reported by my colleague who's grandmother had to sleep. Another colleague lamented that her mother with dementia, was placed in a temporary sheltered tentage and was subsequently reported missing by the nurses (horrifying experience). There are other :scared-1: experiences which I am not gonna pen down here. This new Bedok site better be a hospital. We deserve a proper hospital accommodation if we eventually need to be warded. :scared-3: Hospital rooms availability should be the least of our concerns if we or our loved ones are so sick o be warded. Medical bills are so expensive but NO beds????

Don't even get me started on SOME Nursing Homes... :banghead:

hyenergix
20-01-14, 21:11
The medical scene in Singapore is simply pathetic. Its 10 years late. The new hospitals that are currently being built in the north are there not to cater to future needs but to ease current needs. Since 2 years back, public hospitals in our land have been in dire shortage of rooms. Beds are lined up along hospital corridors, as reported by my colleague who's grandmother had to sleep. Another colleague lamented that her mother with dementia, was placed in a temporary sheltered tentage and was subsequently reported missing by the nurses (horrifying experience). There are other :scared-1: experiences which I am not gonna pen down here. This new Bedok site better be a hospital. We deserve a proper hospital accommodation if we eventually need to be warded. :scared-3: Hospital rooms availability should be the least of our concerns if we or our loved ones are so sick o be warded. Medical bills are so expensive but NO beds????

Don't even get me started on SOME Nursing Homes... :banghead:

A lot of things are underplanned and undersized. MCE is the latest example that is only capable of meeting the demand of yesterday.

princess_morbucks
20-01-14, 21:25
Is that a good thing or bad thing?

Anyway, it could be a long time before it's built and running.

It could be a Nursing Home rather than a hospital.

Good :

because rental will be better, since the foreign staff may wanna rent nearby units.

because transport will likely become more accessible with more buses plying along the route.

if you work in the hospital

Bad :

Some believe it is not good fengshui

ambulance will ply along the route

phantom_opera
20-01-14, 22:42
our elites deserve more, they are under paid (sarcasm intended) :rolleyes:

DC33_2008
21-01-14, 07:44
There is also a "H" near my place. It seems that elderly can just walk or wheel there to seek consultation in future. Workers' quarters already have full condo facilites less the swimming pool if you follow yesterday parliament session.
On 20 Jan, 2014, at 5:05 pm, [email protected] wrote:

[This is a system generated email. Please do not reply to it. If you have any feedback for us, please click here.]

Customer Name :
ID Number :
Email Address :
Contact Numbers :
Feedback Received Date : 13/01/2014

Dear Mr xxx,

Please refer to your email query dated 13 Jan 2014.

The site at the junction of Bedok Reservoir Road and Bedok North Road is zoned Health & Medical Care in Draft Master Plan 2013. This is a safeguarded site to meet future demands for healthcare services in the longer term.

Yours sincerely,

Yyyy zzz
Physical Planning Group, URA

Urban Redevelopment Authority § Physical Planning, East Department § Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person. Please notify the sender immediately if you receive this in error § Check out our website at http://www.ura.gov.sg

----------------------------------------------------------------

Your earlier feedback received on 13/01/2014 :

Sent: Sunday, 12 January, 2014 1:56 PM
To: URA Email (URA)
Subject: A hospital at Bedok Reservoir Road and Bedok North Road

Hello,

At the Draft Master Plan 2013, I'm curios to see a piece of land marked as Red with letter 'H' which is situated at the junction of Bedok Reservoir Road and Bedok North Road, and at the doorstep of Bedok North MRT (of DTL3).

Is it a new hospital to be built there? Or is it meant for expansion of (which) existing hospital? What is the timeline to develop that piece of land?

Regards,
Xx

"

clemdale24
21-01-14, 10:41
I personally hope its a hospital. Singapore desperately needs better healthcare facilities to cater for the ever growing ageing population.

eng81157
21-01-14, 12:37
Unlikely, Changi General and St Andrew's are slated to take care of the healthcare needs in the eastern side of Singapore.

My guess is a nursing home, special needs or step-down care facility

bakasa2002
21-01-14, 15:51
Unlikely, Changi General and St Andrew's are slated to take care of the healthcare needs in the eastern side of Singapore.

My guess is a nursing home, special needs or step-down care facility

my guess is that it will take the model of CGH with a small nursing home beside. If you look at the 2013 Master Plan, there is a small plot beside the mosque that is also earmarked as a H.

ysyap
22-01-14, 20:10
A lot of things are underplanned and undersized. MCE is the latest example that is only capable of meeting the demand of yesterday.Guess its only right if they cannot provide the level of health service equivalent to that of any first world nations, then they should not persist with those exorbitant medical charges.