PDA

View Full Version : Commonwealth Towers condo sees strong demand at launch

princess_morbucks
01-05-14, 22:28
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/commonwealth-towers-condo/1091926.html?cid=TWTCNA&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

SINGAPORE: The Commonwealth Towers condominium near the Queenstown MRT station saw strong demand at its launch on Thursday.

Developers said that as at 8pm, 175 of the 400 units launched were sold, with at least another 100 buyers waiting in line.

One property analyst said the lack of recent launches in the area may have driven up sales for the project.

Many people took advantage of the May Day holiday to check out the latest property launch in the Queenstown area.

Franky Lim, a potential buyer, said: "This is quite a good location. The psf (per square foot) is slightly over what we thought it would be. The quantum is also not small so we are still considering."

The most popular are the two-bedroom units, which are going from S$965,000.

More than 50 per cent of those units have since been sold.

The launch saw 300 units on offer initially but developers decided to add another 100 in view of the strong demand.

The development has a total of 845 units consisting of one- to four-bedroom units ranging from 441 to 1,302 square feet.

Prices start from S$721,000 for the one-bedroom units to S$2.2 million for a four-bedroom unit.

Analysts said the lack of recent launches in the area may have boosted sales for the Commonwealth Towers project.

The last condominium in the area was launched some four years ago.

Ku Swee Yong, CEO of Century 21 Singapore, said: "Today's showing is (also) evidence that there are a lot of investors who, firstly they qualify under the TDSR (Total Debt Servicing Ratio) and ABSD (Additional Buyer’s Stamp Duty) rules, and they are also happy to put their investment money to work in a product that is well-located as well as with good interior furnishings."

Attractive prices are also important in drawing buyers, especially for two upcoming projects at Kim Tian Road and Prince Charles Crescent.

Prices have not been released yet but analysts expect developers to take the cue from the market reaction for Commonwealth Towers.

Channel NewsAsia understands that the Kim Tian Road site has the highest land cost at S$1,163 psf per plot ratio. This is followed by the Prince Charles Crescent plot at S$960 psf ppr.

Another project which opened for preview on Thursday is the Waterfront @ Faber. The 199-unit development at Clementi saw some 400 visitors at its showflat.

- CNA/ms

princess_morbucks
01-05-14, 22:53
Saw this on twitter:

Zechariah D. Prince ‏@AlvinAlston 6h

Was at Commonwealth Towers launch just now. When ballot numbers were called out, this businessman BOUGHT 10 units of 2 bedroom. Over 15 mil.

princess_morbucks
01-05-14, 22:57
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152352656080851

https://scontent-a-sin.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/10259941_10152352656080851_7426941520482055205_n.jpg

princess_morbucks
01-05-14, 22:59
More pictures at the start of the launch :

Homelaunchsg ‏@homelaunchsg 11h

Commonwealth Towers ballot starts now! #propertysg #commonwealthtowers #newhomelaunch pic.twitter.com/ZCHBZIr1Ur

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmhX5wOCAAAruDW.jpg

leesg123
02-05-14, 10:29
:scared-1: more CM! :banghead::banghead:

DC33_2008
02-05-14, 10:35
I do not think you can stop this group of people who is willing to pay with existing CMs. Location sells.

bargain hunter
02-05-14, 10:41
why should there be more CMs?

prices have been lowered a bit and this is genuine and willing buying.

chestnut
02-05-14, 10:49
why should there be more CMs?

prices have been lowered a bit and this is genuine and willing buying.

bro bargain.... i went sky habitat and true enough.... the heart is beating...

Been so busy with my other investments (not too bad also lar)....

But I feel the pulse beating now.... Agents are more chirpy now... so many "sold" stickers on the board... I think so many wait and wait until siong...

Even my tenant at clover renewed (they did 2 years contract previously) only 1 year 6 months ago because they looking to buy.... So six months on, dont know if they will renew... I hope they dont... I paiseh, every year they spend > 50K on rental.... So they already paid > 100K to me liao...

will be going more showroom for feel... hahahahaha

DC33_2008
02-05-14, 10:52
A 2 bedder on 24th floor at Sky Hab is just over a $1 mil. It entice people to buy.

But I feel the pulse beating now.... Agents are more chirpy now... so many "sold" stickers on the board... I think so many wait and wait until siong...

Even my tenant at clover renewed (they did 2 years contract previously) only 1 year 6 months ago because they looking to buy.... So six months on, dont know if they will renew... I hope they dont... I paiseh, every year they spend > 50K on rental.... So they already paid > 100K to me liao...

chestnut
02-05-14, 10:53
A 2 bedder on 24th floor at Sky Hab is just over a $1 mil. It entice people to buy.

bro it is 1+1.... all the 2 bedder bo liao....

DC33_2008
02-05-14, 12:34
But Balcony not small. Good facing still alright.
bro it is 1+1.... all the 2 bedder bo liao....

Thermofisher
02-05-14, 12:47
Is it the right time to buy now? Everyone talks about correction but will correction even takes place?

invigorated
02-05-14, 14:03
Is it the right time to buy now? Everyone talks about correction but will correction even takes place?

You are asking a funny question? Isn't there already a correction now? If it fits your bill, go for it. If you guess the price will fall, wait. No one can be 100% sure or to give you a credible answer right? Even the govt cant give u a definite ans.

Ringo33
02-05-14, 14:10
Is this project cheaper than J Gateway?

Kelonguni
02-05-14, 14:18
Is this project cheaper than J Gateway?

Based on the sold units reported from an agent, I think the pricing so far is a bit lower than JG condo. 2BR 14XX, 1BR 16XX. If I did not remember wrongly, JG condo sold 1BR for 17XX, 2BR probably about the same price.

We don't have the overall final average psf price yet. My gut feel is it should not differ too significantly.

Yuki
02-05-14, 15:01
When is the estimated top for this project? It states anticipated handling over is dec 2017. So fast for an over 800 plus unit s?

Kelonguni
02-05-14, 15:10
When is the estimated top for this project? It states anticipated handling over is dec 2017. So fast for an over 800 plus unit s?

Legal TOP is December 2019.

bargain hunter
02-05-14, 16:30
go commonwealth towers lor?

is there any other hot development at the moment?

phantom_opera
02-05-14, 18:10
is this 回光返照 or 曙光初现 :rolleyes:

chestnut
02-05-14, 18:43

Sorrento almost sold out the last I checked....

This 1 freehold leh.... Priced rite... People bite...

chestnut
02-05-14, 18:45
Last heard, panorama going to drop price liao...

Really de ja vu.... Machiam like Caspian....

princess_morbucks
02-05-14, 22:15
Kalpana Rashiwala ‏@KalpanaBT 35s

210 of 400 units released at 845-unit Commonwealth Towers sold at closing time past midnight on 1st day of launch: Hong Leong Group.

minority
03-05-14, 06:27

Why buy new ? So small.

hyenergix
03-05-14, 07:45
Economy is improving. Other investments are more complex and risky. Property buyers are coming back to pick the good discounted deals.

mintee
03-05-14, 08:02
Just wondering out loud... why the hype for the results of this launch? Not even all the units launched in the "first phase" were taken up. It wasn't a sellout like JGateway. Is it because given the largely negative property market outlook, this is going to help push up the transaction volume in May optically, hence at least a piece of good news to talk about amidst all the gloom?

Kelonguni
03-05-14, 08:12
Sorrento almost sold out the last I checked....

This 1 freehold leh.... Priced rite... People bite...

Some say that prices cannot be low, or the quality will be compromised left, right and centre.

What do you think?

walkthetiger
03-05-14, 08:48
Just wondering out loud... why the hype for the results of this launch? Not even all the units launched in the "first phase" were taken up. It wasn't a sellout like JGateway. Is it because given the largely negative property market outlook, this is going to help push up the transaction volume in May optically, hence at least a piece of good news to talk about amidst all the gloom?

Have to know that no all will think the same, full respect. Some may think creating positive news is the way to help the gloom, there are some audiences too, we should know who they are… No matter how gloomy is now; there should be buyer for home staying, these people are no investor, I understand their pain waiting to own a shelter, so these people should not wait for some silly years for price to down…. Get a shelter first.

For investment, people should understand the truth of this business first, before jumping in blindly, the cycle in this business is very long, too many young investors have not seen the full cycle, they started during the period where the bull begins, buried all their hope in this business.

walkthetiger
03-05-14, 08:56
Some say that prices cannot be low, or the quality will be compromised left, right and centre.

What do you think?

Then how Sky Habitat does it now? Cut quality half way, where earlier buyers paid higher price. Make sense? But for smaller items... I think they will

Cut price is the only way to save themselve, please factor in the money they made during the bull, lot of reserve to hold and wait....All are greed basically

chestnut
03-05-14, 09:15

What do you think?

For me, I am not concern on interior.... Why??? If ceramic tiles u don't like, change to marble or granite on your own. If tap, u don't like, change lor...

The exterior is more important to me... Cannot suka suka change the common tile leh

Kelonguni
03-05-14, 09:50
For me, I am not concern on interior.... Why??? If ceramic tiles u don't like, change to marble or granite on your own. If tap, u don't like, change lor...

The exterior is more important to me... Cannot suka suka change the common tile leh

That's expert and practical opinion. But some will still say you can't change ceiling height or sewage pipes?

walkthetiger
03-05-14, 09:59
Have to know that no all will think the same, full respect. Some may think creating positive news is the way to help the gloom, there are some audiences too, we should know who they are… No matter how gloomy is now; there should be buyer for home staying, these people are no investor, I understand their pain waiting to own a shelter, so these people should not wait for some silly years for price to down…. Get a shelter first.

For investment, people should understand the truth of this business first, before jumping in blindly, the cycle in this business is very long, too many young investors have not seen the full cycle, they started during the period where the bull begins, buried all their hope in this business.

First, listen to gov for the most likely things to happen...
Lesser chance to happen, which I maintained that a crash should be the best way...haha.... but it needs big balls-of-steel to initial some collusion, which can't be those small flies, it my honor to assit them if needed... I cashed out and therefore ready for those action anyway.

chestnut
03-05-14, 10:04
That's expert and practical opinion. But some will still say you can't change ceiling height or sewage pipes?

You buy to rent or stay?????

This is the first question

walkthetiger
03-05-14, 10:14

The conceptual design very very unlikely to change much, too obvious, all eyes can see .. for items that not spell out in details, or impossible to spell out all details, these things all depend developer want to give you or not....

walkthetiger
03-05-14, 10:23
Lesser chance to happen, which I
maintained that a crash should be the best way...haha.... but it needs big balls-of-steel to initial some collusion, which can't be those small flies, it my honor to assit them if needed... I cashed out and therefore ready for those action anyway.

...but not to worry all, these are actually near impossible to happen in singapore...Believe in the gov, they knew the best for all.... I believe in them too....

walkthetiger
03-05-14, 10:43
You buy to rent or stay?????

This is the first question

.....haha.... if buy to rent, then it's is okay for developers give your lesser????....

teddybear
03-05-14, 10:50
You can't change what is the in the walls, in the pillars, in the floors and ceilings (less cement, less pure sand, less steel reinforcement, etc as long as meet minimum standard can already (don't know building can even last 99 years or not???)), sewage pipes, electrical cables (ex iron core copper coated vs pure copper wires).......................... :doh:

walkthetiger
03-05-14, 10:54
You can't change what is the in the walls, in the pillars, in the floors and ceilings (less cement, less pure sand, less steel reinforcement, etc as long as meet minimum standard can already (don't know building can even last 99 years or not???)), sewage pipes, electrical cables (ex iron core copper coated vs pure copper wires).......................... :doh:

....It is the quality of material, that is where there money pay less... and many many others construction technique....They can pay for basic items that just good/barely enough to pass BCA.... the building can still be safe for living

chestnut
03-05-14, 10:54
.....haha.... if buy to rent, then it's is okay for developers give your lesser????....

They give me less and charge me lesser better or gime me more and charge me more?????

Hahahahahaha

So if people who buy sky habitat are labelled 'stupid' by those who don't buy....

Then those who bought sky habitat label those who didnt buy 'stupid'

Zero sum game...

The seller who sold his properties to the buyer will call the buyer carot head....

My tenant in anchorage gave me rental exceeding 250k over past 5 years of rental. First 2 years > 4k/mth. Next 3 years >5k/month.... Last year they shifted out to they new home....

I feel so sad for them....

Why play Russian roulette ?????

chestnut
03-05-14, 10:56

But how to tell???? Which condo haven't top got this poor quality????

After hotel new world. You think more stringent????? Hahahahahaha

Even merc, BMW also recall cars... Why ar?????

walkthetiger
03-05-14, 11:04
They give me less and charge me lesser better or gime me more and charge me more?????

Hahahahahaha

So if people who buy sky habitat are labelled 'stupid' by those who don't buy....

Then those who bought sky habitat label those who didnt buy 'stupid'

Zero sum game...

The seller who sold his properties to the buyer will call the buyer carot head....

My tenant in anchorage gave me rental exceeding 250k over past 5 years of rental. First 2 years > 4k/mth. Next 3 years >5k/month.... Last year they shifted out to they new home....

I feel so sad for them....

Why play Russian roulette ?????

First of all, I doubt they will reveal to all that they are giving less with less price. Self judgement is essential to help people to buy what they think it is worth ...there is no real stupid.... it's depend who see it... how they see it...

chestnut
03-05-14, 11:06
How to know????

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1308061/Ferrari-recalls-cursed-supercar-FIVE-458-Italias-burst-flames.html

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/waterfront-condominium-sails-troubled-waters-20130908

http://realestatematterssingaporemalaysia.blogspot.sg/2011/09/recourse-for-condominium-seaview.html

chestnut
03-05-14, 11:11
First of all, I doubt they will reveal to all that they are giving less with less price. Self judgement is essential to help people to buy what they think it is worth ...there is not real stupid.... it's depend who see it... how they see it...

See.... Doesn't mean a person buys today, he is stupid because he cannot see the crash coming rite....

My tenants rented 5 years from me waiting for the crash.... Came in 08... They thought it will drop more... It didn't....

Today, people see will crash... If it happens, it's a black swan event.... Black swan cannot be predicted... If not it will not be called a black swan event... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Black swan event - nobody expects it... Hahahahahaha

The way to solving problems today is spending your way out.... Not austerity... Hahahahahaha... Things have changed... In the past, pay phone were everywhere.... Today you will be lucky if you see one around... Hahahahaha

hopeful
03-05-14, 11:17
if not mistaken, the developer give lower quality furnishing for the Wharf Residence when the developer sell at lower price in 2009.

walkthetiger
03-05-14, 11:27
See.... Doesn't mean a person buys today, he is stupid because he cannot see the crash coming rite....

My tenants rented 5 years from me waiting for the crash.... Came in 08... They thought it will drop more... It didn't....

Today, people see will crash... If it happens, it's a black swan event.... Black swan cannot be predicted... If not it will not be called a black swan event... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Black swan event - nobody expects it... Hahahahahaha

The way to solving problems today is spending your way out.... Not austerity... Hahahahahaha... Things have changed... In the past, pay phone were everywhere.... Today you will be lucky if you see one around... Hahahahaha

It is the choice of a person to decide the best for him... if he hope too much a crash... but didn't.... then he learnt something for your future decision... There are all sorts of different need from people.... all the collective "wanting" will contribute to some of form of result later on... the people have to decide and be responsible for his decision afterall... But when come to making money, there are some fundamentals (because human never change their greed), if there isn’t, then don't bother to read any books or care what is happening or will happen, just glue to self thinking will be good enough for oneself, as long he is happy...

chestnut
03-05-14, 11:32
It is the choice of a person to decide the best for him... if he hope too much a crash... but didn't.... then he learnt something for your future decision... There are all sorts of different need from people.... all the collective "wanting" will contribute to some of form of result later on... the people have to decide and be responsible for his decision afterall... But when come to making money, there are some fundamentals (because human never change their greed), if there isn’t, then don't bother to read any books or care what is happening or will happen, just glue to self thinking will be good enough for oneself, as long he is happy...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

teddybear
03-05-14, 11:53
Not difficult really, when you see that construction costs of the estate is so cheap (in $PSF ppr), that is a BIG WARNING SIGN!!!!!!!

Working backwards you can also guess:
Selling price (you know rough figure) - (est) Profit (usually 15% or more) - land costs (you know exact figure) = possible construction & selling costs.

If construction & selling costs <$500 psf ppr, then Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................................ :doh:

But how to tell???? Which condo haven't top got this poor quality????

walkthetiger
03-05-14, 12:00
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Just looking at LKS or WB, the core of understanding and methods, there are similarities... Your choice to believe them...if they tell you to sell now, your choice to believe them again...ask yourself if they really helping you or themselves…but if you see them selling now, then keeping asking why sell now?....self judgment still needed, bet the wrong horse… you can’t win… All these are words said by many different people already, cause fundamental never change…but people like their idol and prefer to hear it from their idol....haha...there are audience from all areas, some like to hear this and some like to hear that.... good things is that many are coming here recently to read...happy?

Let me say this again, I am here to kill time only, but seriously I have cashed out, and up to all the people to see how much they want to read for this.

teddybear
03-05-14, 13:44
The Wharf Residence has SUPER high maintenance fees! You know why? :p

if not mistaken, the developer give lower quality furnishing for the Wharf Residence when the developer sell at lower price in 2009.

Khng8
03-05-14, 17:53
Care to share how much is the Wharf Residences maintenance fee? For 2 bedroom?

RCR
05-05-14, 00:42

Scared don't buy. Buy don't scare....so simple logic!

Jaykj
06-05-14, 10:34
Scared don't buy. Buy don't scare....so simple logic!

Reminds me of a quote when I was younger....scared dun mod, mod dun scared (mod=modification of cars). But I agree with this saying which applies even more to Ppty investments.

johnoon
13-05-14, 10:10
Commonweath Towers Floor Plans here :

http://newlaunch-sgcondo.com/commonwealth-towers/

:D:D:D

johnoon
29-11-14, 10:28
Commonwealth Towers prices update and floor plans here :)
http://newlaunch-sgcondo.com/commonwealth-towers/
Thanks

cbsh38584
14-06-17, 12:34
My friend + wife just recently bought a unit 1077sqft (17 th floor) . They paid a total of est 1.8milliom (ABSD 10%+3% = $180k).
I find it absurb as they have sold their condo just near Lakeside MRT late last year (profit est 300k -500k). The reason his give is that
they just want to be close to his daughter school. Anyway, the wife's father is rich. The 10+3$ ABSD is paid by the father who own a few
shop houses. The paid cash $1.2m. The rest 600k is on loan.

We jokilying thank him for helping to contribute part of the $180m in Medisave top-ups to be disbursed to Pioneer Generation .

CareenOng
14-06-17, 12:45
https://www.facebook.com/AllThingsProperties/

Pretty good read and advise from here, saw their sponsor post as below regarding the recent GLS.

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/property/logan-property-eyes-spore-in-bid-to-diversify-portfolio
With such a high bid for the land, substantial difference from the second bidder, what does it mean for the future selling price of this development?

Will prices go back to years before?
Existing developments are set to move quickly because
the new land sales are sold at a higher price.

You might want to consider making a move now before prices start to go up! Of course it has to be within your means.
Projects in Queenstown area:
- Queenspeak
- Commonwealth Tower (TOP soon)
Projects in Redhill area:
- Artra (Mixed Dev)
- Principal Garden
- The Crest (TOP)

More information such as floor plans, unit distributions and other details are also available upon request.
Email us now: [email protected]
Register your interest with us now to get first hand information and 'Skip the line' at the show flat.

tonymontana
14-06-17, 13:33
My friend + wife just recently bought a unit 1077sqft (17 th floor) . They paid a total of est 1.8milliom (ABSD 10%+3% = $180k).
I find it absurb as they have sold their condo just near Lakeside MRT late last year (profit est 300k -500k). The reason his give is that
they just want to be close to his daughter school. Anyway, the wife's father is rich. The 10+3$ ABSD is paid by the father who own a few

We jokilying thank him for helping to contribute part of the $180m in Medisave top-ups to be disbursed to Pioneer Generation .

it's not absurb. it's called upgrading. From jurong east to queenstown.

henryhk
14-06-17, 15:50

Not absurd, rich people can do anything with their money 😉

cbsh38584
14-06-17, 17:17

They rushed to buy when the developer offer some discount. The discount was stoppped when the China developer submited a record $1 billion for Stirling Road site . They thought that the ABSD 7% is applied as they have only 1 HDB flat. His wife owns a HDB shop (from father) which should be considered as residential ,not commercial. To their surprise, HDB board says that HDB shop is considered as a "residential" not commerical. They went to HDB office & to reason with the officcer in charge for 1 hr. But no use.

When their condo is TOP. They have 6 mths to consider whether to sell the wife's HDB shop.

HDB flat - Husband & wife
HDB shop - Wife

henryhk
14-06-17, 17:44
They rushed to buy when the developer offer some discount. The discount was stoppped when the China developer submited a record $1 billion for Stirling Road site . They thought that the ABSD 7% is applied as they have only 1 HDB flat. His wife owns a HDB shop (from father) which should be considered as residential ,not commercial. To their surprise, HDB board says that HDB shop is considered as a "residential" not commerical. They went to HDB office & to reason with the officcer in charge for 1 hr. But no use.

When their condo is TOP. They have 6 mths to consider whether to sell the wife's HDB shop.

HDB flat - Husband & wife
HDB shop - Wife
How young are ur friends...? Actually sometimes I tink is it worthwhile lockup 1.2 mil in a condo and pay 180k cash to the garment, sigh...

cbsh38584
14-06-17, 21:59
How young are ur friends...? Actually sometimes I tink is it worthwhile lockup 1.2 mil in a condo and pay 180k cash to the garment, sigh...

age 40+. But I dont think the wife will sell her HDB shop to pay less 3% ABSD (10% to 7%).

I think it is absurb because they bought the Lakevilla (near popular school Ru lang) at 800+psf & later rented out.
Tgt to sell at 1400psf. But was sold @1200+psf.

I thought there is a master Plan Proposals for Jurong east . ‘A District of the Future’ and Singapore’s Second CBD.
Lakeside will be an outstanding leisure destination with the new Jurong Lake Gardens and Science Centre.

Upgrading to commonwealth condo & pay $1800psf. I dont think it is a wise decision.Anyway, the wife's father is
rich enough to help them to pay for the 10% ABSD. We need more rich people like the father willing to pay ABSD.
The more the merrier to help the "less fortunate" SG people.

teddybear
14-06-17, 22:59
Commonwealth at $1800 psf is nothing if you compare that to people paying more than $1500 psf for a private condo in Hougang! :beaten:

Most of these people buying OCR private condos near such prices will feel burnt / chao-ta a few years from now (and will probably never see price rise above their purchase price at THOUSAND YEARS historical peak price for subsequent >10 years)! :hororr:

age 40+. But I dont think the wife will sell her HDB shop to pay less 3% ABSD (10% to 7%).

I think it is absurb because they bought the Lakevilla (near popular school Ru lang) at 800+psf & later rented out.
Tgt to sell at 1400psf. But was sold @1200+psf.

I thought there is a master Plan Proposals for Jurong east . ‘A District of the Future’ and Singapore’s Second CBD.
Lakeside will be an outstanding leisure destination with the new Jurong Lake Gardens and Science Centre.

Upgrading to commonwealth condo & pay $1800psf. I dont think it is a wise decision.Anyway, the wife's father is
rich enough to help them to pay for the 10% ABSD. We need more rich people like the father willing to pay ABSD.
The more the merrier to help the "less fortunate" SG people.

henryhk
14-06-17, 23:31
Commonwealth at $1800 psf is nothing if you compare that to people paying more than $1500 psf for a private condo in Hougang! :beaten:

Most of these people buying OCR private condos near such prices will feel burnt / chao-ta a few years from now (and will probably never see price rise above their purchase price at THOUSAND YEARS historical peak price for subsequent >10 years)! :hororr:

$1.8k psf at queenstown also steep, if include 10% absd will be least $1.85k psf.... and there are so many condo at queenstown and redhill, at this price is not really worth it...... need to consider carefully

tonymontana
15-06-17, 00:28
$1.8k psf at queenstown also steep, if include 10% absd will be least $1.85k psf.... and there are so many condo at queenstown and redhill, at this price is not really worth it...... need to consider carefully

12 years ago, 500k++ at robertson walk for 1 bedder 400+ sft, i also thought, not worth it.

today I regret i didn't buy it.

PropVestor
15-06-17, 10:09
12 years ago, 500k++ at robertson walk for 1 bedder 400+ sft, i also thought, not worth it.

today I regret i didn't buy it.

SG properties might not leapfrog as much as before but there are still opportunities. As long as you maintain your health, you will outlast most investors and bank on more property cycles than anyone.

At least you have a chance to witness $550K prices at Robertson Walk. The newer generation of investors today find it a lot harder to enter the market than it is 15-20 years ago.

So I say, look forward...and maintain good health. That is the best investment you can give yourself.

2 cents,
PropVestor

tonymontana
15-06-17, 10:26
SG properties might not leapfrog as much as before but there are still opportunities. As long as you maintain your health, you will outlast most investors and bank on more property cycles than anyone.

At least you have a chance to witness $550K prices at Robertson Walk. The newer generation of investors today find it a lot harder to enter the market than it is 15-20 years ago.

So I say, look forward...and maintain good health. That is the best investment you can give yourself.

2 cents,
PropVestor

well, health is always important regardless whatever investment or non-investment one is contemplating at any moment.

my point is that hardly anyone ever goes: "my property is cheap". everyone is always buying "expensive". It's only cheap in retrospect.

So i think if can afford it, and you've done the due dilligence, you are comfortable and can afford the property (without overstretching your finance), just buy it. sometimes the opportunity once gone, cannot come back again (for eg 550k at robertson walk, my example).

henryhk
15-06-17, 10:41
well, health is always important regardless whatever investment or non-investment one is contemplating at any moment.

my point is that hardly anyone ever goes: "my property is cheap". everyone is always buying "expensive". It's only cheap in retrospect.

So i think if can afford it, and you've done the due dilligence, you are comfortable and can afford the property (without overstretching your finance), just buy it. sometimes the opportunity once gone, cannot come back again (for eg 550k at robertson walk, my example).

for $1800 psf, definitely opportunities are abundance, ...we must be prudent in our purchase because we can't guarantee healthy and a job forever..... only the developer and garment will gain from our purchase, give developer more $$$ to bid another record price land and nobody can stop them, a bit sad though..., and our future generations will suffer more.... I have been dabble in property for a while, my experience tell me those who bought at $1.8k psf can only sell near $1.6k psf in 10 years time....... yes the enjoyment of 10 years for $200 psf is worth it😜

indomie
15-06-17, 10:49

2 cents,
PropVestor
The brilliant about Sg property is in the time proven value. Over time debt free country always out perform indebted nation. Sg property sluggish is due to the slowing of global trade, but this situation will change.

tonymontana
15-06-17, 10:52
for $1800 psf, definitely opportunities are abundance, ...we must be prudent in our purchase because we can't guarantee healthy and a job forever..... only the developer and garment will gain from our purchase, give developer more $$$ to bid another record price land and nobody can stop them, a bit sad though..., and our future generations will suffer more.... I have been dabble in property for a while, my experience tell me those who bought at $1.8k psf can only sell near $1.6k psf in 10 years time....... yes the enjoyment of 10 years for $200 psf is worth it😜

well, i didn't actually suggest buy at 1800psf is very healthy, mind you. i just made a general statement - of course pls do your due dilligence, don't buy at the height of the market, don't buy another if your job isn't so stable, and so on. Also depends on whether one likes the location, for eg: I wouldn't pay 1800 psf for jurong for eg. but commonwealth, maybe. (however, i didn't ).

so in reference to my earlier post, i'm not advocating people buy commonwealth tower, neither am i saying it's too ridiculous a price to jump in. based on personal preference. but i definitely see a move from jurong to queenstown as an upgrade.

PropVestor
15-06-17, 11:07
I have been dabble in property for a while, my experience tell me those who bought at $1.8k psf can only sell near $1.6k psf in 10 years time....... yes the enjoyment of 10 years for $200 psf is worth it😜

Ooops. I went in at $1,800psf for both Park Place Residences and Duo. Bugger.

DC33_2008
15-06-17, 11:30
Heard Duo is collecting keys. What will be the rental yield at Duo?

PropVestor
15-06-17, 11:43
Better not go too off topic. Lets discuss this in the Duo thread.

tonymontana
15-06-17, 22:43

1800psf for Duo is OK isn't it, I just passed the building this afternoon, looks great, a landmark there. So the prediction is after you hold it for 10 years, you'd get only 1600psf for it? I don't think so.

jojessie
15-06-17, 23:01
The brilliant about Sg property is in the time proven value. Over time debt free country always out perform indebted nation. Sg property sluggish is due to the slowing of global trade, but this situation will change.

Ya hopefully!

proud owner
15-06-17, 23:17
If you drive from Commonwealth towards Queenstown ...

I always feel Commonwealth Towers is RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME...

in fengshui ... Chiong ... the road leads Straight at it ...

of course as you approaches the MRT station ... the road bends a little ...

still I dont get a good feel of it ...

prefer QueensPeak and Principal Gardens

henryhk
16-06-17, 09:29

Duo is a good buy at tis price, because it is special and in town, .....I can't say for Park, overpriced project.....

henryhk
16-06-17, 09:52
Duo is a good buy at tis price, because it is special and in town, .....I can't say for Park, overpriced project.....

There are other new projects beside park, less than $1.4k psf, why pay high p for park....just like Jurong gateway, u want it u pay record price for it.

PropVestor
16-06-17, 17:33
There are other new projects beside park, less than $1.4k psf, why pay high p for park....just like Jurong gateway, u want it u pay record price for it.

Duo was going for $1,800psf in Nov 2013 was pretty 'steep' at that time. I remembered being told it was very 'silly' to buy at such 'record prices' back in 2013 at the peak of cooling measures. Its doom and gloom all around me except inside the Duo showroom. We are like in a time capsule in our own reality with people saying we are crazy from the outside. Queue and ballot till 9pm. I was 33 with bermudas standing in line with my wife. I cannot say I know exactly what I was doing but finances checked out. We stood our ground. At that time, most do not know what is the true value of a mixed development because we never know if it might flip and die. There was no benchmark, nothing to compare against. No one knows what it will turn out to be 4 years later today. Now, I know more as I see Wallich Residences, V Shenton, PPR appearing.

Fast forward 2017, Duo is transacting above $2K psf despite CCR decline. Would I say the same for PPR in 2020 when supply drops even further? Lets see!

$1.32mil for CCR $3.2bn project for Duo? $900K for PPR in CCR also valued at $3.2bn. Pure stupidity on breaking record prices? Time will tell.

I take everything 2 cents except for my own judgement and analysis.

Again, my 2 cents comments :)
PropVestor

rsrunner123
16-06-17, 17:50
Duo was going for $1,800psf in Nov 2013 was pretty 'steep' at that time. I remembered being told it was very 'silly' to buy at such 'record prices' back in 2013 at the peak of cooling measures. Its doom and gloom all around me except inside the Duo showroom. We are like in a time capsule in our own reality with people saying we are crazy from the outside. Queue and ballot till 9pm. I was 33 with bermudas standing in line with my wife. I cannot say I know exactly what I was doing but finances checked out. We stood our ground. At that time, most do not know what is the true value of a mixed development because we never know if it might flip and die. There was no benchmark, nothing to compare against. No one knows what it will turn out to be 4 years later today. Now, I know more as I see Wallich Residences, V Shenton, PPR appearing.

Fast forward 2017, Duo is transacting above $2K psf despite CCR decline. Would I say the same for PPR in 2020 when supply drops even further? Lets see!

$1.32mil for CCR $3.2bn project for Duo? $900K for PPR in CCR also valued at $3.2bn. Pure stupidity on breaking record prices? Time will tell.

PropVestor

I think the record highest DUO psf was $2663 at Mar 14 1 Fraser Street #20-XX New Sale 420

tonymontana
16-06-17, 18:27

PropVestor

confirm in the money for DUO already. Cos larger units (twice the size of 700 sft) alrd transacted above 2K psf this year.

rsrunner123
16-06-17, 18:49
confirm in the money for DUO already. Cos larger units (twice the size of 700 sft) alrd transacted above 2K psf this year.

Was eyeing DUO, so quite familiar.
Same unit sold(sub sale) at loss this year
Mar 17 1 Fraser Street #46-xx Sub Sale 1,528 Strata 1,963
Jun 14 1 Fraser Street #46-xx New Sale 1,528 Strata 2,576

PropVestor
16-06-17, 19:33

This is still a little off from my estimate for 2017 Duo psf prices.

My audacious projection is hovering S$3K psf before 2027. That is when Ophir Rochor district, according to the Masterplan has developed D7 into an extension of the CBD. The chess pieces are already moving like for the Beach Road site and Kallang Riverside. Waiting eagerly for the underground to be linked from Duo, to this Beach road site and then to Suntec City. Key milestones are Rochor Centre being developed into a new mixed use mega development, the Queens street bus terminal into something worthwhile I hope, another 4/5 star hotel besides Andaz opposite the Queens street bus terminal and plus the mixed used sites next to Sim Lim Tower are developed. More Raffles Hospital medical tourists as their capacity increases with their new building. Why I monitor all these? My office is in D7. 2013 is my chance to own a part of this action after looking at the URA MasterPlan.

I have the same milestones for PPR like for example when Tanjong Katong Complex is redeveloped into a hotel? (Tan Chuan Jin mentioned a Paya Lebar Central hotel that is yet-to-be) as the link bridge from the PLQ offices get linked to it. It has to be a synergistic site for it to have a bridge. I can only imagine it to be a hotel to feed a office block that is connected to the MRT exchange underneath. The bridge connector has already been built as I drove past it this afternoon. I believe, all these have been discussed with the authorities when the site is being sold to LandLease. No point engaging the MP in such close proximity for just a regular mixed development. Or using Grant Associates who designed Gardens by the Bay (16 awards) for its 100,000 sq ft landscaping design. Use of DP Architects for its architecture design. Do you see these for $1,400psf projects? If yes, please enlighten me?

http://grant-associates.uk.com/3059/green-light-singapores-paya-lebar-quarter-featuring-landscape-design-grant-associates/

https://www.payalebarquarter.com/architecture

“We are glad that the distinctive cultural heritage and community spirit of this area is reflected in Paya Lebar Quarter,” said Prof Fatimah Lateef, Member of Parliament (MP) for Marine Parade Group Representation Constituency (GRC) for the ward of Geylang Serai. She has been very proactive engaging Lendlease, together with her volunteers, giving feedback and being updated on the project regularly.

https://www.iproperty.com.sg/news/10874/Lendlease's-SGD3.2-billion-Paya-Lebar-Quarter-urban-regeneration-project-to-transform-Paya-Lebar#uTo4smFSWtsE4h0M.99

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/manpower/company-holds-break-fast-for-muslim-foreign-workers-at-paya-lebar

Not $1 or $2bn at stake but $3.2bn...No small change even by today's 2017 GLS standard. It has to succeed in an ear marked site or a big slap in the face for government's car lite, CBD decentralisation plans.

Alot of hopes and dreams for D7 and D14.

2 cents worth of dreams :)
PropVestor

Adva181
16-06-17, 19:57
Propvestor, we have similar view. Me too bought D7 n D14. Same age as u too. Hahaha

PropVestor
16-06-17, 20:02
Propvestor, we have similar view. Me too bought D7 n D14. Same age as u too. Hahaha

We can either cry or laugh together in a few years. Shall we look at Great Southern Waterfront properties together when we turn 50? :)

I am flying my drone to scout which site has the best facing. Geo tag it, wait for tender and I will share it with you!

tonymontana
16-06-17, 21:00
This is still a little off from my estimate for 2017 Duo psf prices.

My audacious projection is hovering S$3K psf before 2027. That is when Ophir Rochor district, according to the Masterplan has developed D7 into an extension of the CBD. The chess pieces are already moving like for the Beach Road site and Kallang Riverside. Waiting eagerly for the underground to be linked from Duo, to this Beach road site and then to Suntec City. Key milestones are Rochor Centre being developed into a new mixed use mega development, the Queens street bus terminal into something worthwhile I hope, another 4/5 star hotel besides Andaz opposite the Queens street bus terminal and plus the mixed used sites next to Sim Lim Tower are developed. More Raffles Hospital medical tourists as their capacity increases with their new building. Why I monitor all these? My office is in D7. 2013 is my chance to own a part of this action after looking at the URA MasterPlan.

I have the same milestones for PPR like for example when Tanjong Katong Complex is redeveloped into a hotel? (Tan Chuan Jin mentioned a Paya Lebar Central hotel that is yet-to-be) as the link bridge from the PLQ offices get linked to it. It has to be a synergistic site for it to have a bridge. I can only imagine it to be a hotel to feed a office block that is connected to the MRT exchange underneath. The bridge connector has already been built as I drove past it this afternoon. I believe, all these have been discussed with the authorities when the site is being sold to LandLease. No point engaging the MP in such close proximity for just a regular mixed development. Or using Grant Associates who designed Gardens by the Bay (16 awards) for its 100,000 sq ft landscaping design. Use of DP Architects for its architecture design. Do you see these for $1,400psf projects? If yes, please enlighten me?

http://grant-associates.uk.com/3059/green-light-singapores-paya-lebar-quarter-featuring-landscape-design-grant-associates/

https://www.payalebarquarter.com/architecture

“We are glad that the distinctive cultural heritage and community spirit of this area is reflected in Paya Lebar Quarter,” said Prof Fatimah Lateef, Member of Parliament (MP) for Marine Parade Group Representation Constituency (GRC) for the ward of Geylang Serai. She has been very proactive engaging Lendlease, together with her volunteers, giving feedback and being updated on the project regularly.

https://www.iproperty.com.sg/news/10874/Lendlease's-SGD3.2-billion-Paya-Lebar-Quarter-urban-regeneration-project-to-transform-Paya-Lebar#uTo4smFSWtsE4h0M.99

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/manpower/company-holds-break-fast-for-muslim-foreign-workers-at-paya-lebar

Not $1 or $2bn at stake but $3.2bn...No small change even by today's 2017 GLS standard. It has to succeed in an ear marked site or a big slap in the face for government's car lite, CBD decentralisation plans.

Alot of hopes and dreams for D7 and D14.

2 cents worth of dreams :)
PropVestor

What is human existence without dreams? If someone likes a particular location, it is natural for him to want to own a piece of the action. So, just enjoy the experience!

As for the PLQ masterplan, I do have high hopes it will turn out well.
However I do think the price is a bit toppish for that location, at the moment anyway.
As you say, Let's hope lendlease and all vested parties have some nice surprises along the way.
p/s thank you for the links.

Adva181
16-06-17, 21:32
We can either cry or laugh together in a few years. Shall we look at Great Southern Waterfront properties together when we turn 50? :)

I am flying my drone to scout which site has the best facing. Geo tag it, wait for tender and I will share it with you!

Great... I am also vested in D1, definitely looking forward to the southern waterfront development.

I nearly took the stack u did for PPR, last min change to another stack closest to MRT haha.
I realise it's a big site n walking from 1 end to the other may take a while.

ccreporter
16-06-17, 21:36

Do you think the tanjong pagar area have better potential with the great southern waterfront city?

PropVestor
16-06-17, 21:37
Great... I am also vested in D1, definitely looking forward to the southern waterfront development.

I nearly took the stack u did for PPR, last min change to another stack closest to MRT haha.
I realise it's a big site n walking from 1 end to the other may take a while.

I don't have funds like you bro. D1, D7 and D14.

Hope to meet you one day at PPR. I was hoping my stack is closest to the underground MRT exchange stated in the OTP.

Did you buy Duo too?

All the best to your investments!

PropVestor
16-06-17, 21:43
Do you think the tanjong pagar area have better potential with the great southern waterfront city?

Why don't we wait for MasterPlan 2018 first before we get ahead of ourselves. This is one really massive site with a reservoir etc. I need to fly more and watch it evolve.

In the meantime, I am still watching Founders Memorial final position but should be next to the Marina Bay East MRT. Need more info. These things are not going to move and developments will go all around it.

ccreporter
16-06-17, 22:00
Why don't we wait for MasterPlan 2018 first before we get ahead of ourselves. This is one really massive site with a reservoir etc. I need to fly more and watch it evolve.

In the meantime, I am still watching Founders Memorial final position but should be next to the Marina Bay East MRT. Need more info. These things are not going to move and developments will go all around it.

There is no bay east mrt. You meant tanjong rhu mrt?
Why do you think a Memorial will affect the price? I feel its impact could be minimal.

PropVestor
16-06-17, 22:07
There is no bay east mrt. You meant tanjong rhu mrt?
Why do you think a Memorial will affect the price? I feel its impact could be minimal.

Not now but it will be there by 2023 or thereabouts. I run there every week. You can see its exact location now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gardens_by_the_Bay_MRT_Station

I never talked about pricing etc. All I said that these are assets which will not be moved. Just like the desalination plant that is slated to be built next to Bay East area or nearby there. I do not think housing will be built there as it is a sensitive asset.