PDA

View Full Version : MontView (D10, Freehold, Ho Bee)

fabulous
26-09-06, 16:21
The Vantage Point of District 10

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/7527/montview1xb8.gif

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/3210/montview2gx6.gif

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/341/montview3te5.gif

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/2699/montview4qe3.gif

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/8562/montview5kw9.gif

This freehold condominium is located in the prestigious District 10 and is within walking distance to Dover MRT Station. Nestled on a hillock amidst the lush tropical greenery of Mt Sinai, this single block of 24-storey apartment commands a panoramic view of the surroundings.

The building is designed with pure clean lines. Glass and muted palette are used to create a contemporary feel and are juxtaposed with the use of natural materials such as stones at the ground level. This 115-units development comprises two-, three-, four-bedroom apartments and penthouses. All the units are oriented north-south to enjoy the views of the Bukit Timah and Pandan Valley.

Address: 63 Mount Sinai Drive
No. of Units: 115
Estimated Physical Completion Date: 30 June 2008

FAB
26-09-06, 16:22
The Electric New Paper :
Wide open spaces

Don't let small rooms cramp your style. MontView offers that last vestige of apartments of the old days

EXCLUSIVE condominiums in prime locations tend to skimp on one precious commodity - space.

By Seto Nu-Wen

13 August 2005

EXCLUSIVE condominiums in prime locations tend to skimp on one precious commodity - space.

So it's quite a relief to find one development at Mount Sinai Drive bucking the trend.

With more than 1,700 sq ft of space for the four-bedroom units, you can really relax and stretch in your MontView apartment.

Even the two-bedroom-plus-one-study units are generous in space - averaging more than 1,200 sq ft.

That's more than the size of an average four-room HDB flat.

'We analysed the Holland area and found that residents there tend to look for larger units,' explained Mr Chong Hock Chang, managing director of marketing of developer Ho Bee Group.

'We are also targeting families and they prefer apartments with more space.'

Since the first 60 units of the development were launched about a month ago, the take-up rate has been more than 30 per cent.

Said Mr Chong: 'Most of the buyers are families and upgraders. The market has been picking up so this good response has been within our expectations.'

Of course, at the average of $720 psf, the price is weighty on the pocket.

But with only 115 units in the 24-storey freehold development, exclusivity is guaranteed.

The highlight of this development are the four-bedroom units which feature private lifts that'll take you right to your front door.

Another bonus is a cosy, little 'powder room' next to the lift where guests can freshen up in style if they want to arrive with their hair perfectly coiffed and noses consummately powdered.

JUNIOR MASTER

Apart from the master bedroom in the four-bedroom units, another bedroom - called the junior master - also comes with an attached toilet.

This is especially useful if you have guests or if your teenage daughter spends a lot of time washing her hair.

As for the kitchen, all units feature a sliding glass door which keeps smells and oil out of the living room while maintaining the spacious feel of the unit.

Balconies in the various units offer views of Bukit Timah Hill, the West Coast sea or Orchard Road area, depending on which direction the unit faces.

Location is big plus point as the development is near Holland Village and Orchard Road and top schools such as Henry Park Primary School, Hwa Chong Institution and the National University of Singapore.

For those who prefer public transport, it is a 15-minute walk to Dover MRT station.

The development is built in a north-south alignment so the units will not be hit by the afternoon sun.

MontView's facilities include a 31m lap pool, a clubhouse with a fitness centre, tennis courts and BBQ pits.

Said Mr Chang: 'There will be a lot of water features.

'The vehicular entrance will feature a cascading waterfall so you will be welcomed by a lovely view when you drive in.'

Construction on the development will start in three months on the former Yang Gardens Village site.

Ho Bee bought the site last year for $52 million. MontView is expected to be completed in the third quarter of 2008.

FYI

MontView
Type: Freehold
Size: From 1,227 sq ft (two bedrooms plus one study) to 3,412 sq ft (penthouse)
Price: Average $720 psf
Selling points: Spacious, exclusive, good location

mr funny
03-11-06, 12:44
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9099/montviewup4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

ryan
06-11-06, 16:29
Situated at the top of elevated land, fantastic view of the southwest (Clementi, Dover, West Coast).

At the price it sold at last year: $750-$850 psf, was quite a good deal.

Congrats to early buyers of Montview.

Unregistered
30-05-07, 17:31
Now sellers are asking $1200 psf!

Unregistered
01-06-07, 11:58
Is this still a good buy at S$1,200 psf? Pros and cons of the location. Location next to Ridgewood - enbloc potential? and Himoko Court - expected launching in 2008/2009?

beavis
01-06-07, 16:56
Is this still a good buy at S$1,200 psf? Pros and cons of the location. Location next to Ridgewood - enbloc potential? and Himoko Court - expected launching in 2008/2009?

Hmmm :tsk-tsk: .

9 10 11
01-06-07, 17:29
Hmmm :tsk-tsk: .

what is hmmm... means no good?

Unregistered
01-06-07, 18:15
Frankly speaking, $1200 psf was previously unheard of in Mount Sinai area. This area is not the Botanika part of Holland Road. This area is the Ghim Moh/Clementi/Buona Vista part, AKA near HDB heartlander estate. But hey, everything is going up these days so I guess $1200 psf is fair price to pay. Just don't regret it when this place goes down under $700psf during the downturn. This area will go down faster than other D10 areas nearer the city, as this area is far away and the buyers here are traditionally not that rich and are more sensitive to price.

Unregistered
01-06-07, 18:47
Frankly speaking, $1200 psf was previously unheard of in Mount Sinai area. This area is not the Botanika part of Holland Road. This area is the Ghim Moh/Clementi/Buona Vista part, AKA near HDB heartlander estate. But hey, everything is going up these days so I guess $1200 psf is fair price to pay. Just don't regret it when this place goes down under $700psf during the downturn. This area will go down faster than other D10 areas nearer the city, as this area is far away and the buyers here are traditionally not that rich and are more sensitive to price.

Agreed. This is cheaper than Marabella which is going at S$1,400 to S$1,500 psf currently and this development is already 3 years old! Also further down at Buona Vista MRT there is another development, 1 North - a 99 year leasehold now calling for > S$1000 psf and I understand another upcoming development, 1 Rochester - also a 99 year leasehold now under preview, is very hot with a few hundred potential aiming to a get a unit there !!! Looks like the whole place here is going up????????????

beavis
01-06-07, 22:53
what is hmmm... means no good?

:D :D . Ok not trying to be bias here ;) .I personally will not buy Montview because we still have to go into smaller road from the main road. Quite a long walk. It is next to quientera showhouse right??? at mount sinai??

At $1200 I think you still can get a condo around river valley area.
If you are lucky, You can get lower floor Urbana about 1200-1300 I think.

Latest URA subsale for urbana on May is $1100-1380 psf.

D10 Investor
01-06-07, 23:53
Why think about prices in Mount Sinai going down in a property downturn?!when prices at Mount Sinai have yet to move up in this current property upturn?

What do you think the price of Montview will be during TOP during when neighbouring Himiko plot is launched 1 year later at 1500 psf, just look at Marbella 100 meters down the road already doing 1300 psf.

Last check I dont think you can get any Urbana unit below 1400 psf anymore,
Urbana just TOPed, URA caveats on Urbana way outdated.

I am also curious where can I get a high rise brand new condo in River Valley now for 1200psf?? I will be the first to queue up.

Unregistered
02-06-07, 08:43
Novena area is also quite good for investment I think. Still in d9 yet more affordable.

Pavilion II and montebleu are good buy I think.
It was sold at around 800-900psf for 3 bedroom pavilion II. now being subsale at 1050.

This April and May property prices jump significantly even D3 and D21 increased in price.

If you want to buy you better be hurry because each day of if you just look at the increasing price you will end up not buying.

Unregistered
02-06-07, 08:45
Pavilion should be d11 sorry for mistake.

Unregistered
13-06-07, 18:27
Current asking price S$1,300 psf. Is this still a good buy? More upside expected? What do you guys think? Thinking of getting a unit there before it runs away.

D10 Investor
13-06-07, 22:04
Montview is for sure one of the better buys in Holland area, one unit in nearby Marbella just sold for around 1500psf.

Unregistered
11-07-07, 20:17
Just bought 1 unit at Montview at S$1,200 psf. Paid about S$600,000 premium for not having bought at the launch last year! Wish me luck!

Unregistered
11-07-07, 22:58
is it 3 bedroom or 4 bedroom? high floor, mid floor or low floor? I also looking for a unit, but cannot get for 1200 psf, sellers all asking much higher.

Unregistered
12-07-07, 16:02
is it 3 bedroom or 4 bedroom? high floor, mid floor or low floor? I also looking for a unit, but cannot get for 1200 psf, sellers all asking much higher.

3 bedder high floor above 15th. If what you say is true, then I should be considered lucky!

open your eyes
12-07-07, 16:20
Investing or to live?

If investing, for $1500 psf which is the price sellers are asking for Montview and Marbella, I would rather buy Novena and/or Holt, Nathan, Shanghai Road. At least those have very high potential to go up above $2500 psf, based on recent and coming events (en blocs, launches etc).

Mount Sinai is a nice place but I just cannot see $2500 psf for Mount Sinai area, sorry. It is too far from town and closer to Clementi/Jurong East than it is to Orchard/IR. I remember during the last 2 decades, places like Ridgewood, Himiko Court, etc all "boh lang ai" (not in demand). Location not very good lah.

If Mount Sinai $2500 psf average in the future, then Novena and Nathan Rd areas will be worth $4000 psf average. Which will not happen during this cycle lah.

Unregistered
12-07-07, 16:57
This one is easily worth $5000 psf. Super location, jewel of the town, great layout and design.

Unregistered
13-07-07, 20:13
If The Rochester is going for $1,200 to $1,300, this place which is freehold and is only one MRT station away should be worth more!

Unregistered
13-07-07, 22:26
too small with limited facilites and no mrt.

Unregistered
14-07-07, 00:03
montview is single block, district 10, full condo facilities, freehold, tennis, pool, gym, bbq pit. such an exclusive condo should command even higher prices than larger developments, unless you are interested to pay more so that you can stay with more neighbours.

Unregistered
14-07-07, 17:05
single block + "exclusive" = higher mthly charges

Unregistered
16-07-07, 11:03
too small with limited facilites and no mrt.

Only 15 minutes walk to Dover MRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You walk pass Fontana across the canal!

Unregistered
24-07-07, 17:15
Montview is an undervalued gem.

It's design is nicer than Marbella, more exclusive, yet nearer to the main road.

It also has easy access to both AYE and West Coast Highway.

Regret not buying when the price was lower during its launch.

It's definitely a better buy than Rochester/One-North.

Unregistered
24-07-07, 18:25
I Agree!

However, Marbella is by reputable developer, but Montview is by Ho Bee - not sure of their quality.

Unregistered
24-07-07, 19:44
Ho Bee is the lead developer on Sentosa. They bought a lot land there for property development bought by foreigners. If they do not Montview well, imagine what happen to those projects on Sentosa!

Unregistered
24-07-07, 19:48
I am sure if Montview is launched now, it will be sold like hot cakes!!!!!!!

Unregistered
13-03-08, 13:41
I also think Montview is a very good buy.
For the size, for the district 10 title deed, for the exclusiveness ............

My 2 cents thoughts ..... Ho Bee is under pressured now to give quality works, after all the hype it has created in its Sentosa developments so I am confident of the quality Montview will have.

Anyone selling...?

Landlord 2
22-06-08, 10:43
Anybody know the potential rental for a 3 and 4 bedder unit at this development? Any done deal and rental done?

dafrankcode
22-07-08, 16:36
Montview is an investor's and owner's dream. Current market is at 1300-1400 psf a true bargain still at these levels. Why ? Singland will soon launched its project at Himiko court which it acquired at abt 850 per square feet and expected to launched this new project between 1600-1800. psf.

Montview is within 1 KM to Henry Park School , 500 M from International School, 10-15 minutes walk to Dover MRT and is exclusive and serene. Marbella is 3 years old and is transacted at 1400-1500 psf.

Montview's finishing and layout is second to none and comes with full complete facilities including tennis court which is very rare nowadays despite its size and has a grand entrance and lobby which is filled with water features for Feng Shui that is only seen in super luxury project.

Do your own research , view the units there and you will be amazed.

Montview Lover
22-07-08, 17:19
Montview is an investor's and owner's dream. Current market is at 1300-1400 psf a true bargain still at these levels. Why ? Singland will soon launched its project at Himiko court which it acquired at abt 850 per square feet and expected to launched this new project between 1600-1800. psf.

Montview is within 1 KM to Henry Park School , 500 M from International School, 10-15 minutes walk to Dover MRT and is exclusive and serene. Marbella is 3 years old and is transacted at 1400-1500 psf.

Montview's finishing and layout is second to none and comes with full complete facilities including tennis court which is very rare nowadays despite its size and has a grand entrance and lobby which is filled with water features for Feng Shui that is only seen in super luxury project.

Do your own research , view the units there and you will be amazed.

I cannot agree with you more. A bargain in District 10! Think the current rental is in the region of S$6K to S$8K per month for 3/4 bedders depending on whether its partial or fully furnished. Above average return base on current market price.

pinball
22-07-08, 18:09
Montview's furnishings, designs and location are indeed very good. however if you are considering rental or even buying for short term stay, there is an important factor you need to consider. There is a nearby (less than 50 meters away) enbloc construction going on at the former Himiko Court site. They havent even tore down the few high rise blocks, you can imagine the noise, dust and flies/mosquitoes that come with it when the real work begins!Before the complaint to NEA they actually start work at 7 plus in the mornings, Monday to Sunday! After complaint, they now start work at 8. still monday to sunday. You will have to bear with the noise and dust and the flies.To me rental at 6-8 k is way too high given these factors.

dafrankcode
22-07-08, 19:15
Agreed that there will construction activities at former Himiko court. The nettings are up on both the blocks and tearing it down will commence in a week two time and will normally take 1-2 months, this is when the noise is at its worse. Beyond that it's bearable.

All units in Montview face either north or south. Thus no danger of blockage at your living rooms and balcony. Only certain bedrooms view may be effected depending on how the design of Singland project and which stack in Montview. Anyway it's almost impossible to find any project with clear and unblocked views in all directions.

Being near 2 good co ed schools for locals and foreigners ie.henry park and an international school will command a premium over most locations.

Montview has yet to reached it fullest potential and a real gem which is ideal for those who treasure serenity, privacy and exclusivity.

Take a closer look at it and judge for yourselves.

Montview Lover
22-07-08, 19:35
I guess with windows closed and aircon on, noises and what nots should be minimal. In any case, construction works on former Himiko Court is only but a very short term phenomenon. Where else in Singapore can you get a FREEHOLD with full facilities in a prime location at the current price?

pinball
22-07-08, 21:18
I guess with windows closed and aircon on, noises and what nots should be minimal. In any case, construction works on former Himiko Court is only but a very short term phenomenon. Where else in Singapore can you get a FREEHOLD with full facilities in a prime location at the current price?

you cant possibly on your aircon first thing in the morning all the way till 7pm right? in fact if not for the noise and dust, it is usually very breezy and windy if you open all the balcony doors. and yes, most units are hardly blocked.

Dafrankcode
22-07-08, 21:47
With current high construction cost n materials n market sentiment,buying newly launch project under construction is a risk as compared to completed project. Few developments other than super luxury projects can provide furnishings n materials such as montview. Another thing to note is mount Sinai will be in between new f&b hub such as rochester and renovated hub like holland v n sunset way. Why be in center of downtown which will be really congested and cost> 100% more when one can owe a more tranquil place 10 minutes away from orchard. Do ur sums and comparison ?

Farnie
23-07-08, 15:57
Agreed that there will construction activities at former Himiko court. The nettings are up on both the blocks and tearing it down will commence in a week two time and will normally take 1-2 months, this is when the noise is at its worse. Beyond that it's bearable.

All units in Montview face either north or south. Thus no danger of blockage at your living rooms and balcony. Only certain bedrooms view may be effected depending on how the design of Singland project and which stack in Montview. Anyway it's almost impossible to find any project with clear and unblocked views in all directions.

Being near 2 good co ed schools for locals and foreigners ie.henry park and an international school will command a premium over most locations.

Montview has yet to reached it fullest potential and a real gem which is ideal for those who treasure serenity, privacy and exclusivity.

Take a closer look at it and judge for yourselves.

Actually I find all the units @ montview has bad qualities. Those that face Himiko, Ridgewood will have their unit's views blocked while the other side will have to endure the full harsh west sun. As the units have full windows, most of the rooms will have to endure oven hot rooms at night.

In terms of land area, its rather small footprint means it feels rather conjested. All in all, the plus point is its location and free-hold status but @ $1.4k psf, there r many other choices available. Btw, within 1km to henry Park is no guarantee of entry, even for Phase 2B, still must ballot sometimes.

Montview Lover
23-07-08, 16:24
Actually I find all the units @ montview has bad qualities. Those that face Himiko, Ridgewood will have their unit's views blocked while the other side will have to endure the full harsh west sun. As the units have full windows, most of the rooms will have to endure oven hot rooms at night.

In terms of land area, its rather small footprint means it feels rather conjested. All in all, the plus point is its location and free-hold status but @ $1.4k psf, there r many other choices available. Btw, within 1km to henry Park is no guarantee of entry, even for Phase 2B, still must ballot sometimes.

I beg to differ. From the balcony actually you can view part of the MRT and greenery plus the part of the sea further out, i.e. if you are facing east. You can also have the city view. But of course, you have to get the units on the high floor. In many developments, low floor units are usually blocked.

Other plus points - you are only one MRT stop away from One North and Clementi both ways. You are also only 15 minutes away from The Singapore Polytechnic located at Dover MRT Station. You are also within 1 to 2 km away from Dunman Govt High School(former RJC). Jelita Cold Storage is also nearby. If you drive, its only about 5 to 10 minutes to Holland Village. Plus there is feeder service right at the doorstep of this development. Also 5 to 10 minutes away, there is jogging cum cycling track next to the canal which about 4.0 km both ways! One additional feature is once Himiko Court is torn down, the view from the rooms will not be blocked for next 1 to 2 years abeit a short advantage!

dafrankcode
23-07-08, 18:03

You are right but only 1 or 2 bedrooms will be affected. Depends on the design on former Himiko Court, stack 2 bedroom will likely to have unblcoked view for at least 2 years and possibly swimming pools view after that based on the configuration of the land at himiko court.

More importantly I think for most is that the living room to have unblocked view and no afternoon sun. like I say Its almost impossible to find apartment with unblocked views all around...

I guess for most its difficult to find any development that meet 100% of desired criteria's . For me Montview meets 90% of mine's.

Montview Lover
23-07-08, 18:19
In short 'One man's food is another's poision'. To each his own!

Farnie
24-07-08, 07:36
In short 'One man's food is another's poision'. To each his own!

We are all here to share the merits and demerits of a condo so that buyers can make a more informed decision. Maybe for some buyers once they step into a place, can immediately recognise all the +/- points but for sure I need a few visits. And if I have additional info prior to visiting a unit, I can verify it for myself on the spot or seek clarification from the Agents/ seller.

Indeed, there is no perfect place, but @ $1,200-$1,400 psf asking, I would rather go for other developments.

dafrankcode
24-07-08, 09:34
We are all here to share the merits and demerits of a condo so that buyers can make a more informed decision. Maybe for some buyers once they step into a place, can immediately recognise all the +/- points but for sure I need a few visits. And if I have additional info prior to visiting a unit, I can verify it for myself on the spot or seek clarification from the Agents/ seller.

Indeed, there is no perfect place, but @ $1,200-$1,400 psf asking, I would rather go for other developments.

Good to see objective comments rather than mere unsubstantiated personal view with vested interest. I have seen more than 20 units in district 9,10 & 11 in various developments and was living in Newton and Balmoral . The congestion in downtown will likely worsen once all projects is completed.

Mount Sinai is an area for those who prefer privacy and being away from the hustle and bustle of District 10. I prefer smaller projects to large ones personally for more exclusivity and this is what Montview and Mount Sinai area has which not many other developments can offer especially at this price level.

Btw what are the other developments that you prefer to go with at 1300-1400 psf price range ?

yes there is
24-07-08, 12:49
As far as I know, Newton Suites, 3 bedrooms stack is smack in the central area with clear and unblocked views. Very rare to find these days.

Pretty much permanent, until govt turns landed property of Bukit Timah into high rise, which is highly unlikely.

See to believe.

Montview Lover
24-07-08, 14:03
As far as I know, Newton Suites, 3 bedrooms stack is smack in the central area with clear and unblocked views. Very rare to find these days.

Pretty much permanent, until govt turns landed property of Bukit Timah into high rise, which is highly unlikely.

See to believe.

What is the psf for Newton Suites currently?

dafrankcode
24-07-08, 14:07

See to believe.

Newton Suites is a eye catching building from the outside.

plus points is the nice view if the unit faces bukit timah but noisy with heavy traffic along newton road. noise travels upwards.

its rather small with the 3 bedrooms at 1238 sq feet and 2 roomers is 787 sq feet which includes large balconies abt 150-200 sq feet . thus more suitable for couples or singles.

near mrt and shopping centre but in the midst of many new developments and
congestions. good for those who dun drive but not for those that prefer tranquility.

Montview Lover
24-07-08, 14:10
Newton Suites is a eye catching building from the outside.

plus points is the nice view if the unit faces bukit timah but noisy with heavy traffic along newton road. noise travels upwards.

its rather small with the 3 bedrooms at 1238 sq feet and 2 roomers is 787 sq feet which includes large balconies abt 150-200 sq feet . thus more suitable for couples or singles.

near mrt and shopping centre but in the midst of many new developments and
congestions. good for those who dun drive but not for those that prefer tranquility.

Do the units come with baywindows and planters as well?

dafrankcode
24-07-08, 14:22
Do the units come with baywindows and planters as well?

not that i remember,,,,no planters or bay windows or even proper place for hanging up clothes like montview adjustable hangers if my memory serve me right .

Montview's planters is one of the most unique that i have seen. not only it's located inside the balcony, its sunken and comes with tap and drainage pipes. this prevent the danger of standing next to the glass panel for those who are scared of heights like me and makes gardening a breeze. i have not come across any other balcony that have these features yet

Montview Lover
24-07-08, 14:26
I would like to see the design and the asking price of this Singland project when launch. If attractive, can consider getting a unit there too!

dafrankcode
24-07-08, 14:33
I would like to see the design and the asking price of this Singland project when launch. If attractive, can consider getting a unit there too!

my guess is that they will launch it at between 1600-1800 psf based on their land purchase and current construction cost which is why montview is undervalued at 1300-1400. marbella is still fetching a premium over montview and is 3-4 years older...this does not add up.

it will be a 300 plus unit project and based on the land my guess is that the bedrooms facing east in montview may have the pool view of this project.

Farnie
24-07-08, 17:34
Good to see objective comments rather than mere unsubstantiated personal view with vested interest. I have seen more than 20 units in district 9,10 & 11 in various developments and was living in Newton and Balmoral . The congestion in downtown will likely worsen once all projects is completed.

Mount Sinai is an area for those who prefer privacy and being away from the hustle and bustle of District 10. I prefer smaller projects to large ones personally for more exclusivity and this is what Montview and Mount Sinai area has which not many other developments can offer especially at this price level.

Btw what are the other developments that you prefer to go with at 1300-1400 psf price range ?

Like you, I have visited lots of show-flats and completed units. I actually like Gilstead/ Buckley area and of coz Residences @ Evelyn. Couple of months back, the units were looking @ $1,800psf but last week my agent said she has 1 looking at $1,550psf. Thus with a bit of time (I'm in no rush), I believe the px will drop further.

Another project which I like is Floridian. That one is tricky becoz its by a famous developer who always px at a premium. It was asking $1,650 psf when I visited it as a VVIP but till date not much were sold. I think if there is a down-turn, px will be revised downwards.....but of coz Montview would also be revised downwards but I prefer the peacefulness of Floridian (but its not within D10 I believe).

Well, Wharves Residences was launched @ $1,500 psf, which means the px are coming down. Its just a matter of time before the effect ripples to the rest of the area. As an investor, I believe the time of entry is very important and I don't believe now is the right time. But if its for own stay, buy within financial means so as long as one likes a place, then shld go for it regardless of the timing.

i did consider Montview and thought it was a nice project. I currently stay in D10 Holland area so I'm familiar with this area. Thus went to see a few units but decided that while its not a bad project, but in a couple of yrs time, I'm sure there will be significant noise and dust in that area so I decided I will look at other areas instead. Besides, the asking was also not that attractive to begin with.

Good luck to your search!

Newbie Homebuyer
06-08-08, 12:28
Went to see a unit there. One of the best layouts i have seen recently. Only downside is that it is quite far from the city... almost clementi liao.

dafrankcode
07-08-08, 11:11
[QUOTE=Newbie Homebuyer]Went to see a unit there. One of the best layouts i have seen recently. Only downside is that it is quite far from the city... almost clementi liao.[/QUOTE)

Aiyoyo ...for most foreigners and locals a 10-15 minutes drive to town is a dream .

Newbie Homebuyer
08-08-08, 14:23
[QUOTE=Newbie Homebuyer]Went to see a unit there. One of the best layouts i have seen recently. Only downside is that it is quite far from the city... almost clementi liao.[/QUOTE)

Aiyoyo ...for most foreigners and locals a 10-15 minutes drive to town is a dream .

Must be for drivers definitely... public transport almost non-existent. NOt sure how much rental it can fetch though... anyway, would be crazy to buy investment property now to rent out lah... the rents will only go down in the next few years... why lock at such high purchase prices now?

dun bullshit us lah
08-08-08, 14:26
Went to see a unit there. One of the best layouts i have seen recently. Only downside is that it is quite far from the city... almost clementi liao.

10-15 mins is when there is no traffic.

with rush hour traffic is about an hour.

Newbie Homebuyer
08-08-08, 14:28

No shit.. how to get to work in town... must wake up so early???

Fully Occupied?
07-09-08, 15:57
Anybody know whether this development is fully occupied now?

registered
14-09-08, 20:38
if you can live with the noise for 3 more years (piling and construction), then Montview is not bad. forgot to add if you don't mind just one carpark for each unit (where are your guests going to park their cars?

Unregxxxx
20-09-08, 11:03
Will it work?

More questions than answers about how effective the federal bailout plan will be.
CNNMoney.com senior writer
Last Updated: September 19, 2008: 2:41 PM EDT

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Experts are cautiously optimistic that the massive federal bailout of the nation's financial sector will solve the credit crisis that hit Wall Street this week.

But questions remain about whether it will prevent more failures of banks and Wall Street firms and many doubt this will lead to a quick turnaround for the battered housing market.

The broad outlines of the plan call for the federal government to buy hundreds of billions of dollars' worth of mortgage assets held by banks, Wall Street firms and other financial institutions.

Those securities were backed by home loans, many made to buyers with bad credit or without proof of income. As housing values fell and foreclosures shot to record levels in the past two years, the value of those securities plunged. That in turn caused massive losses in the financial sector.

This week it reached a crisis situation. Banks and investment firms stopped making the loans to each other as they hoarded cash to protect against any sudden liquidity crunch as well from unknown problems on their partners' balance sheets.

Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke won support for the bailout plan from Congressional leaders in a meeting Thursday night.

Friday morning, Paulson said he'll be working through the weekend with those on Capitol Hill to hammer out legislation that could go for a vote as soon as next week.

"I am convinced that this bold approach will cost American families far less than the alternative -- a continuing series of financial institution failures and frozen credit markets unable to fund economic expansion," Paulson said Friday. "I believe many members of Congress share my conviction."

Word of the plan first leaked Thursday afternoon, causing a massive rally in stocks at the end of the day that carried over into Friday. Several economists also praised the move.

"I'm confident this will work," said Mark Zandi, chief economist with Moody's Economy.com. "The federal government is committed to backstopping the nation's financial system and will do whatever is necessary to make sure the system does not unravel. The details are important but secondary."

The plan also won support from presidential candidates John McCain and Barack Obama. Zandi is an informal economic advisor to the McCain campaign.

Other experts said that while there are obviously big risks to taxpayers, the federal government has little choice but to provide the assurance to financial markets.

"If this doesn't work, we're in trouble, because there's not much more the government can do," said Jaret Seiberg, a financial services analyst at the Stanford Group. "They've left very few arrows in the quiver."

More losses, failures expected
But Seiberg added that the bailout won't completely end the recent turmoil on Wall Street, a crisis that began with the Treasury's seizure of mortgage finance giants Fannie Mae (FNM, Fortune 500) and Freddie Mac (FRE, Fortune 500) earlier this month and escalated this week with the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers (LEH, Fortune 500) and the $85 billion loan to American International Group (AIG, Fortune 500), the world's largest insurer, by the Federal Reserve.

"What the government is doing now is not suddenly going to make institutions profitable," he said. "What we're talking about is trying to make them stable. That means removing the risk from their balance sheet and putting it on the taxpayer. The government has a much better ability to hold onto that risk for an extended period of time."

Still, Seiberg is optimistic that the bailout will help home prices finally start to recover since it should lead to lower mortgage rates and improve consumer confidence.

But others say that there are still enough fundamental problems in housing, including a huge glut of homes for sale and the likelihood of more foreclosures in the pipeline.

"It should help housing prices find a bottom but I still think it will be about a year from now -- and after prices decline another 10%," said Stuart Hoffman, chief economist for PNC Financial Services Group.

Nonetheless, even if home prices don't stabilize soon, one expert said the bailout could be a success if it allows bank to stop hoarding cash and once again begin lending to each other, consumers and businesses.

"The one thing you don't want is to have the economy grind to a halt because people can't get credit," said Dean Baker, co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research.

Baker predicts home prices will fall another 20% even with the bailout but said the decline could become even more severe without passage of the rescue plan.

"Housing prices were a bubble and you can't stop them from deflating," Baker said. "But [the bailout] might stop an uncontrolled plunge."

Will Congress pass the bailout?
Despite the support being voiced by Democrats and Republicans for the plan on Friday, Seiberg said its chance of passage is by no means certain.

"The odds of this passing are probably around 80% - and those are pretty good odds for Washington," he said. "But it's not a slam dunk."

Sen. Richard Shelby, the ranking Republican on the Senate Banking Committee, questioned the plan Friday morning, telling CNNMoney.com that he doubts it will be the last federal bailout in the sector that will be needed.

"Secretary Paulson and Chairman Bernanke have not said ...this is going to contain everything," he said. "They're hoping it is. What they're doing is jumping from crisis to crisis. I haven't seen a comprehensive plan yet."

He wouldn't commit to supporting the measure.

"This is too big to just accept without knowing what it does, who pays for it and is this the end of it," he said. "It's true that there's stress in the financial markets. But should we bail out everybody? We know it's important to the financial system, but at what price?"

moonk123
13-11-08, 14:42
Virtual tour,photos,floor plan,elevation.....all in http://www.virtualhomes.sg/montview

moneyspinner
16-04-09, 22:25
How is this development doing now? Rental? Selling price? Don't seem to see many units for sale on the market.

DW
17-04-09, 00:37
How is this development doing now? Rental? Selling price? Don't seem to see many units for sale on the market.

One owner asking for 1184psf just last weekend. Layout of the apartments there are not good, next to a major construction now (Trizone). Rather shock with sellers' expectations for that location, compareed vis-a-vis with developments like Rivergate, Cosmopolitan...etc potentially also asking for similar 1180-1250psf pricing.

nusnam
20-04-09, 11:24

Wah lao eh, nonsense lah.. i used to stay in clementi, driving to orchard is less than 10 mins. During peak hours, at most 20 mins.

1 hour? Tsk tsk tsk..

:tsk-tsk:

proud owner
20-04-09, 13:04
Wah lao eh, nonsense lah.. i used to stay in clementi, driving to orchard is less than 10 mins. During peak hours, at most 20 mins.

1 hour? Tsk tsk tsk..

:tsk-tsk:

agree ...

i stay in pasir panjang .. going via the south buona vista winding road ..to holland road to orchard also less than 25 mins ...

stalingrad
20-04-09, 14:03
agree ...

i stay in pasir panjang .. going via the south buona vista winding road ..to holland road to orchard also less than 25 mins ...
Yes, people living in the west coast/Pasir Panjang area have always wondered why there is a such a large gap in condo prices between our area and D10. From our area, the CBD is only 10 to 20 minutes away, including orchard road and suntec. But property prices for our area are one half the level for properties in D10. It therefore is a no brainer to live in the west coast. We are blessed with low population density, but high rent income thanks to NUS, and Science parks. We are also blessed with AYE, and west coast highway, which bring us to all corners of Singapore within half an hour.

Yesterday, me, my wife and kids went to visit Verdure on holland road. The development is right on holland road. the noise and pollution levels are about the same as those at the infiniti. which means awful. the agent told me that most units are only 50 meters away from the hustle and bustle of holland road. Then, why would anyone be crazy enough to pay 1,400 psf to live there than to live in D5 and paying only 600 psf.

It is just no brainer to me. the only explanation I can think of is herd mentality. If the rich and famous live in D10, we want the same. well, some of us smart people don't want to pollution and noise of d10. We are happy where we are.

proud owner
20-04-09, 14:49
Yes, people living in the west coast/Pasir Panjang area have always wondered why there is a such a large gap in condo prices between our area and D10. From our area, the CBD is only 10 to 20 minutes away, including orchard road and suntec. But property prices for our area are one half the level for properties in D10. It therefore is a no brainer to live in the west coast. We are blessed with low population density, but high rent income thanks to NUS, and Science parks. We are also blessed with AYE, and west coast highway, which bring us to all corners of Singapore within half an hour.

Yesterday, me, my wife and kids went to visit Verdure on holland road. The development is right on holland road. the noise and pollution levels are about the same as those at the infiniti. which means awful. the agent told me that most units are only 50 meters away from the hustle and bustle of holland road. Then, why would anyone be crazy enough to pay 1,400 psf to live there than to live in D5 and paying only 600 psf.

It is just no brainer to me. the only explanation I can think of is herd mentality. If the rich and famous live in D10, we want the same. well, some of us smart people don't want to pollution and noise of d10. We are happy where we are.

hahaha thanks for the support D5-ian

yes Vendure location is not bad ..but sadly ..it will be the same as Botannika .. nice view on one side ..but noisy on the the side ...

my friend rented a 3 bedroom in botannika for 7.5k ... ahahaha while a 4 bedder in west side can fetch a rent of 6.5-7.5k but the quantum is half of D10 ...

go buy the latest FORM magazine ...a huge unit at Pepys hill ..renovated ..so so nice inside and the view is fantastic .. and read what the write about living in the west ...

teddybear
20-04-09, 17:08
Talk of pollution and noise, the West Coast & Pasir Panjang area is one of the worst. We have all the transportation lorries running along West Coast every day and night from the ports nearby, releasing free lots of free "perfumes" by the way. We have the refineries and chemical plants releasing free "perfumes" nearby. From West Coast to Orchard is not too far by distance but traffic is usually so heavy that it takes 30 mins or even much more during peak hours. Of course, when things are cheap, there usually is for some reason (otherwise price will have corrected to sensible equilibrium after so long). Nevertheless, for anybody who aspires to own a private condo but mindful of budget, having one is better than having none.

proud owner
20-04-09, 17:13
Talk of pollution and noise, the West Coast & Pasir Panjang area is one of the worst. We have all the transportation lorries running along West Coast every day and night from the ports nearby, releasing free lots of free "perfumes" by the way. We have the refineries and chemical plants releasing free "perfumes" nearby. From West Coast to Orchard is not too far by distance but traffic is usually so heavy that it takes 30 mins or even much more during peak hours. Of course, when things are cheap, there usually is for some reason (otherwise price will have corrected to sensible equilibrium after so long). Nevertheless, for anybody who aspires to own a private condo but mindful of budget, having one is better than having none.

correct ..thats why people pay 1700 psf for pigeon hole in devonshire area, and alexis in alexandra area .. cos they CANT afford anything too high above 1 mio ...

whats the point of staying in PRIME area when you can only afford a 400 sqft ?

teddybear
20-04-09, 17:33
You may be right in a way but I suppose that is a matter of personal preference. These people buying the 400 sqft house may be either singles or childless couples (and don't intend to have kids anyway - know many of such people), old people living alone etc who may want to live within walking distance to Orchard Road for large varieties of shop & dine & drink etc. There may also be investors buying to rent out to such expatriates without kids who don't need a big house or company don't cater for anyway. As such, there is no reason to judge that just because they buy a small private property means they can't afford anything above $1m.

correct ..thats why people pay 1700 psf for pigeon hole in devonshire area, and alexis in alexandra area .. cos they CANT afford anything too high above 1 mio ...

whats the point of staying in PRIME area when you can only afford a 400 sqft ?

stalingrad
20-04-09, 18:08
You may be right in a way but I suppose that is a matter of personal preference. These people buying the 400 sqft house may be either singles or childless couples (and don't intend to have kids anyway - know many of such people), old people living alone etc who may want to live within walking distance to Orchard Road for large varieties of shop & dine & drink etc. There may also be investors buying to rent out to such expatriates without kids who don't need a big house or company don't cater for anyway. As such, there is no reason to judge that just because they buy a small private property means they can't afford anything above $1m.

so you think that those billion dollar condos along orchard road and along Holland road are not getting their daily doses of free perfume? Haha, you must be living in a barn. I just gave you a description of Verdure. Couldn't you read?

teddybear
20-04-09, 21:33
Are You trying to tell me that there are refineries and chemical plants within 1-2km of Orchard & Holland Road? These are the ones that produce the most "free perfumes". Obviously, some people may like it and it is a matter of personal preference. On the other hand, to say that Orchard Rd & Holland Rd has as much "free perfumes" as West Coast where these plants are located nearby may be twisting the fact too far. Anyway, we know there are such people around everywhere.

so you think that those billion dollar condos along orchard road and along Holland road are not getting their daily doses of free perfume? Haha, you must be living in a barn. I just gave you a description of Verdure. Couldn't you read?

stalingrad
21-04-09, 09:42
Are You trying to tell me that there are refineries and chemical plants within 1-2km of Orchard & Holland Road? These are the ones that produce the most "free perfumes". Obviously, some people may like it and it is a matter of personal preference. On the other hand, to say that Orchard Rd & Holland Rd has as much "free perfumes" as West Coast where these plants are located nearby may be twisting the fact too far. Anyway, we know there are such people around everywhere.

I am trying to tell you that with the high volume of traffic on hollard and orchard road, the air there is as foul as that at west coast, if not more so. Yes, we are close to the refineries, but so are orchard road and hollard road. We are 3 miles away, and orchard road and hollad road are 5 miles away. that is very little difference. if there is mass poisoning, you will be not be spared.

that is what I am trying to tell you.

teddybear
21-04-09, 10:11
Good to have such 'Ah Q' spirit though, just like what I had over-heard some Malaysians laughing at the Singaporeans for paying for much for their properties in Jurong West whereas they lived in Malaysia near 2nd Causeway and come to work in Singapore everyday and the distance between the 2 properties are not even more than 1 mile away. They said: "Why pay more than $1m for a semi-D in Jurong West when it costs only $150k in Malaysia near 2nd Causeway?"

I am trying to tell you that with the high volume of traffic on hollard and orchard road, the air there is as foul as that at west coast, if not more so. Yes, we are close to the refineries, but so are orchard road and hollard road. We are 3 miles away, and orchard road and hollad road are 5 miles away. that is very little difference. if there is mass poisoning, you will be not be spared.

that is what I am trying to tell you.

proud owner
21-04-09, 10:17
Good to have such 'Ah Q' spirit though, just like what I had over-heard some Malaysians laughing at the Singaporeans for paying for much for their properties in Jurong West whereas they lived in Malaysia near 2nd Causeway and come to work in Singapore everyday and the distance between the 2 properties are not even more than 1 mile away. They said: "Why pay more than $1m for a semi-D in Jurong West when it costs only $150k in Malaysia near 2nd Causeway?"

actually makes sense ...

i know of singaporeans .. workingat woodlands ...actually DONT own any property in singapore ..but in JB .. he drives into spore and back to JB EVERYDAY ...its been over 30 yrs that theyve been doing that ...

if i work in NORTH NORTH spore i would consider that ...

stalingrad
21-04-09, 10:18

The malaysians would have a point if malaysia is as safe as singapore, as race blind as singapore, and as developed as singapore. You point is not relevant. you have to do better.

PN
21-04-09, 10:53
I've many Malaysia friends. Many has studied & worked in Singapore for ages. They've planted their roots here. Some bought HDB, some bought condo. These are white collars professionals. I'm not referring to blue collars working in Singapore. Some has even become Singapore Citizen.
They want their children to enjoy the english based education system, the equality, etc. Something which they don't enjoy in their homeland.

Some even told me how lucky Singaporen are having such good living environment, good transports, etc. Try spend some time talking to your Malaysian friends, you'll be surprised that they have plans to migrate to mainly ANZ or SG.

For most Malaysian blue collars working here, they'll prefer to travel between Singapore & JB daily or rent a HDB room. These are the group that can't afford the properties in Singapore.

proud owner
21-04-09, 11:02
I've many Malaysia friends. Many has studied & worked in Singapore for ages. They've planted their roots here. Some bought HDB, some bought condo. These are white collars professionals. I'm not referring to blue collars working in Singapore. Some has even become Singapore Citizen.
They want their children to enjoy the english based education system, the equality, etc. Something which they don't enjoy in their homeland.

Some even told me how lucky Singaporen are having such good living environment, good transports, etc. Try spend some time talking to your Malaysian friends, you'll be surprised that they have plans to migrate to mainly ANZ or SG.

For most Malaysian blue collars working here, they'll prefer to travel between Singapore & JB daily or rent a HDB room. These are the group that can't afford the properties in Singapore.

wrong

that friend of mine has business here in spore ... they have money ...

anyway there will be those who choose to 'live' equal standard 'within the house' (not environment) ...

there will be those who choose to tighten belt to live like 'royals' ... (i know of people who live in pigeon hole, drives sports car, best credit card customers, never pay bill in full lah .. living luxuriously in credits)

so no right or wrong ...

i also know malaysians who are now spore PR .. and even australian CITIZEN ... holding 3 passports ... and working here ... make money here .. family live and kids study in australia ... and will retire there ... and all these 10 yrs in spore also never ever own a property here ... and WHITE collar executives ... who knows a better standard of living in australia then to settle here in spore ...

at every level, there are people of every mentalities ..

so buy whatever you can afford, and happy, inside the house, good enough

stalingrad
21-04-09, 11:16
we are lucky to be able to stay within Singapore and pay reasonable prices for our condos, unlikely those in D10.

But the point I was making is still valid. that is, there is no reason for the gap in condo prices between D10 and D5. At least, no economic reasons. If people still flock to D10 for whatever reason, rational or not rational, let them. We are happy to be where we are, waiting for the price convergence to occur in the future. it will occur soon or later. It has occurred to a certain extent. While condo prices for CBD have dropped 30% or more, those for CBD have barely moved.

teddybear
21-04-09, 13:22
Thanks for your support. This is precisely what I am trying to convey. These Malaysians are exhibiting the "Ah Q" spirit. Just because they can't effort to live in Singapore, they are saying no reason to live in Singapore paying so much vs living in Malaysia paying so little for a similar property. Similarly, somebody here is saying that D5 should be no difference from Holland Rd & Orchard Rd despite the former having extra heavy dose of "free perfumes" from all these petrol and chemical refineries nearby and the latter having the advantage of being near to a vast varieties of shops & eateries & amenities & also the enjoyment of walking along the beautifully decorated & lighted Orchard Rd in the evening (Govt just spent $40m to beautify the place & Botanic Garden nearby by the way). Considering that people pay so much for D9 & D10 properties and so little for D5, he is expecting that one day his D5 property price will be almost the same as D9 & D10 since they are only miles apart right? :banghead:
Unfortunately, this has not happened for the past donkey decade years and don't think will ever happen in the next donkey decade years (unless a nuclear bomb drop in Singapore). :scared-1: As the song goes "DREAM DREAM DREAM... DREAM DREAM DREAM...". It's good to DREAM ON but by the way better don't halucinate the dream to appear like reality because IMH is waiting for you. :scared-4:

The malaysians would have a point if malaysia is as safe as singapore, as race blind as singapore, and as developed as singapore. You point is not relevant. you have to do better.

proud owner
21-04-09, 13:26
Thanks for your support. This is precisely what I am trying to convey. These Malaysians are exhibiting the "Ah Q" spirit. Just because they can't effort to live in Singapore, they are saying no reason to live in Singapore paying so much vs living in Malaysia paying so little for a similar property. Similarly, somebody here is saying that D5 should be no difference from Holland Rd & Orchard Rd despite the former having extra heavy dose of "free perfumes" from all these petrol and chemical refineries nearby and the latter having the advantage of being near to a vast varieties of shops & eateries & amenities & also the enjoyment of walking along the beautifully decorated & lighted Orchard Rd in the evening (Botanic Garden nearby by the way). Considering that people pay so much for D9 & D10 properties and so little for D5, he is expecting that one day his D5 property price will be almost the same as D9 & D10 since they are only miles apart right? :banghead:
Unfortunately, this has not happened for the past donkey decade years and don't think will ever happen in the next donkey decade years (unless a nuclear bomb drop in Singapore). :scared-1: As the song goes "DREAM DREAM DREAM... DREAM DREAM DREAM...". It's good to DREAM ON but by the way better don't halucinate the dream to appear like reality because IMH is waiting for you. :scared-4:

what Stalligrad also said was ...

D10 price fell some 40 pct from the high ... while D5 fell only 20 pct ..

so taking Ardmore II as example ... high 2600 psf ...fell to last 1600 psf .. thats a wopping 1.8 mio ... can buy a PH in D5 , FH , easily ...

so they can afford to lose it .. sure .. rich but not very intelligent

teddybear
21-04-09, 13:45
You are right, D10 fell 40% from high while D5 fell much less. Does this mean the people who buy D10 are rich but stupid? I wonder how they get so rich by the way if they are stupid? In comparison, the so-called "intelligent" ones living in D5 are so much poorer by the way - don't know why the D5 dwellers' intelligence didn't make them much more money by the way?

As far as I know, the really rich who have so much money and don't need to slough on work are the ones supporting & buying D9 & D10 properties rather than buying somewhere else (such as D5) although those are much cheaper. May be they as a bunch are so stupid when it comes to buying property as some suggested? (for that I don't know although there is no denying that they are definitely very smart to get so rich in the first place).

Oh by the way, the size of each Ardmore II condo is as big as many of the PHs in D5. While many of these Ardmore II condo is not a PH, they rather buy a non-PH in D10 than a PH in D5.

what Stalligrad also said was ...

D10 price fell some 40 pct from the high ... while D5 fell only 20 pct ..

so taking Ardmore II as example ... high 2600 psf ...fell to last 1600 psf .. thats a wopping 1.8 mio ... can buy a PH in D5 , FH , easily ...

so they can afford to lose it .. sure .. rich but not very intelligent

stalingrad
21-04-09, 14:10
Most buyers of condos in prime areas are foreigners, namely chinese and indonesians. Why do they park money in Singapore, and where and how did they get the money? That is another issue that is better left to an political forum.

proud owner
21-04-09, 14:21
Most buyers of condos in prime areas are foreigners, namely chinese and indonesians. Why do they park money in Singapore, and where and how did they get the money? That is another issue that is better left to an political forum.

also dist 9 ... so many projects rented to 'club girls '... hahaha

also alot of rich people are old wealth ... their ancestors lucky to have bought land there ..

look at watten area ..last time swamp land ..if not for the canal ..it would still be swamp ..

these old rich people donated land to build schools etc etc ... you think that area will still be 'expensive' if not for the canal and the school ?

proud owner
21-04-09, 14:33
anyway i own 2 properties in D5 ... both rented out at very good yield ..

and i am relocating soon .. so just collect rent lor ...

i wont be contributing to this forum as often as now ..but definitely will be keeping an eye on the development of those 1000-2500 psf projects in D9/10/11 from far far away Manhattan ...

good luck

stalingrad
21-04-09, 14:41
Can afford high-priced manhattan properties? You must be rich man. Manhattan condo prices are much higher, at 2,000 or 3,000 psf. unless you get a chicken coop unit. haha.

proud owner
21-04-09, 15:04
Can afford high-priced manhattan properties? You must be rich man. Manhattan condo prices are much higher, at 2,000 or 3,000 psf. unless you get a chicken coop unit. haha.

yes it is expensive there ,,.. BUT the 2 bedrooms can range from 900 - 1800 sqft .. EXCLUDING any balcony or terrace ..can you beat that ??

nusnam
21-04-09, 15:28
Aiyah, it's not about D10 being rich people and D5 being poor. I know afew associates, one of them CEO, staying in Kembangan but earning millions each year. So what if they are rich, it's their choice if they wanna splurge on expensive units.

wow.. proud owner, which part of manhattan?

stalingrad
21-04-09, 15:31
yes it is expensive there ,,.. BUT the 2 bedrooms can range from 900 - 1800 sqft .. EXCLUDING any balcony or terrace ..can you beat that ??

cannot beat that. but given that price correction has not come to an end in the US, you better wait a bit before buying. don't want you to be like teddybear and others and buy at market peaks.

stalingrad
21-04-09, 15:32
Aiyah, it's not about D10 being rich people and D5 being poor. I know afew associates, one of them CEO, staying in Kembangan but earning millions each year. So what if they are rich, it's their choice if they wanna splurge on expensive units.

wow.. proud owner, which part of manhattan?
yes, a lot of rich people don't want to live in d10, for fear of getting the undesirable types as neighbors.

proud owner
21-04-09, 15:34
cannot beat that. but given that price correction has not come to an end in the US, you better wait a bit before buying. don't want you to be like teddybear and others and buy at market peaks.

ahhahahaaha

lets not talk property in other PRIME location like Manhattan here ...
before we kana shot at ...

BUT you sure want to keep in touch with me though .. i can be your EYES in US and update you with on-the-ground moves in property there ...

stalingrad
21-04-09, 16:13
haha, same here. will let you know when D10 properties drop to 600psf in two years' time, so you can fly back and scoop up bargains.

teddybear
21-04-09, 23:05
Wah! You are proclaiming to be another GOD? What make you believe that I buy at market peak? For saying this, I am very sure that you cannot be GOD, only some lousy loser hallucinating that other people are always worse off than themselves. Don't hallucinate too much because IMH will be waiting for you... :tongue2:

dragonred
22-04-09, 16:21
umm, I was actually expecting an informed discussion on Montview

oilman
22-04-09, 17:39
Speaking as someone who actually lives in Montview, this project has one of the best designed layout and finishings around such as Grohe for its taps and rain showers .

It offers exclusivity, privacy and serenity for those who prefer queiter ambience rather than those in bigger projects. Its balcony is most practical and has water pipe and drainage for gardening and are not expose to any direct sunshine or rain.

It takes about 10-15 minutes to Orchard and is away from the noise from main roads and its under district 10. Its within 1 km from Henry Park School and 5 minutes away from Holland V , Rochester and Sunset Way food outlets.

Only setback was the contruction site next to it but the noisiest part of tearing down and pilling is all over . The new project Trizon will not only enhance the surroudings further but will also maintain Montview value as its being priced at much higher levels due to its en bloc cost and has a cash developer such as Singland who has holding power.

For those who claimed that it takes an hour to get to town from Mount Sinai area have ablsolutely no idea what they are taking about.

ahlahdin
23-04-09, 03:27
To me, Mt Sinai belongs to Clementi, Ghim Moh, and Ulu Pandan area, although officially it is within D10 boundaries. IMO Not worth paying D10 price. People who pay D10 price for this area are carrotheads.

Regulators
23-04-09, 09:24
I agree that Mt Sinai is not a desired estate in D10 and apart frm Jelita and a petrol kiosk, there isnt much to offer to residents in terms of amenities. But that being said, the place has its quite appeal and charm with mainly lowrise landed pty and a few old condos to add variety. To call people who buy any area carrothead is rather extreme as preference tends to be very subjective
To me, Mt Sinai belongs to Clementi, Ghim Moh, and Ulu Pandan area, although officially it is within D10 boundaries. IMO Not worth paying D10 price. People who pay D10 price for this area are carrotheads.

oilman
23-04-09, 09:44

Its takes a sourgrape to know a carrothead...Mt Sinai area is already price about 20-40% lower than those in Holland area and Orchard but its only 5-10 minutes away .Whether the others is overvalued or Mt Sinai area is undervalued is subject to individual opinion.

This thread is for information about Montview and no one is pushing anyone to buy anything (even to the likes of ahlahdin who possibly cant afford anywhere close to it and had to resort to name calling). Think twice before you post for a change lest you reveal more of your ignorance. Try to belittle others with name calling is nothing more than a pathetic false sense of pride

nusnam
23-04-09, 12:21
Speaking as someone who actually lives in Montview, this project has one of the best designed layout and finishings around such as Grohe for its taps and rain showers .

It offers exclusivity, privacy and serenity for those who prefer queiter ambience rather than those in bigger projects. Its balcony is most practical and has water pipe and drainage for gardening and are not expose to any direct sunshine or rain.

It takes about 10-15 minutes to Orchard and is away from the noise from main roads and its under district 10. Its within 1 km from Henry Park School and 5 minutes away from Holland V , Rochester and Sunset Way food outlets.

Only setback was the contruction site next to it but the noisiest part of tearing down and pilling is all over . The new project Trizon will not only enhance the surroudings further but will also maintain Montview value as its being priced at much higher levels due to its en bloc cost and has a cash developer such as Singland who has holding power.

For those who claimed that it takes an hour to get to town from Mount Sinai area have ablsolutely no idea what they are taking about.

Thanks for your input.. it's a posh area with amenities nearby, ghim moh market, 6th avenue, holland v and bukit timah stretch, jogging track just beside and schools, uni and polytechnics not too far away.. Somehow i missed this property a couple of years back, if not, i would have consider it. D10 or not doesn't matter to me, especially if it's for your own stay. Great buy.

proud owner
23-04-09, 12:25
Thanks for your input.. it's a posh area with amenities nearby, ghim moh market, 6th avenue, holland v and bukit timah stretch, jogging track just beside and schools, uni and polytechnics not too far away.. Somehow i missed this property a couple of years back, if not, i would have consider it. D10 or not doesn't matter to me, especially if it's for your own stay. Great buy.

any idea whats the current or latest TRADED psf ?

anything above 1000 psf can forget it ... there are Marbella, even OLDIES like Ridgewood, Pandan Valley ... just as good .. and way below 1000 psf

nusnam
23-04-09, 12:33
any idea whats the current or latest TRADED psf ?

anything above 1000 psf can forget it ... there are Marbella, even OLDIES like Ridgewood, Pandan Valley ... just as good .. and way below 1000 psf

Am not looking to buy this property because it's expensive now. I meant it was a good buy then.

moneyspinner
28-05-09, 14:08
Latest transaction done for a 4 bedder, size 1744 sq ft at S$2.0 million or S$1,146 psf.(Source: BT dated May 28, 2009).

dnl
21-06-09, 10:59
Does anyone know how much Trizon next door would be launched for? what is latest transacted price for Montview?

I'm keen to purchase a unit at Montview and was wondering what the asking psf would be.

orange
21-06-09, 11:42
mount sinai is not posh at all. don't pay more for mt sinai. HDB amenities are good but it detracts from the poshness.

oilman
22-06-09, 09:33
mount sinai is not posh at all. don't pay more for mt sinai. HDB amenities are good but it detracts from the poshness.

One man's meat is another man;s poison....Some like quiet and serene places rather than a so called 'posh' but' noisy and heavy traffic areas. All depends if its for investment or own stay . I stay in down town for many years before moving to Mount Sinai and loving it.

dnl
22-06-09, 11:10
What would be reasonable psf for unit at Montview? One 3 bedroom unit on lowfloor is going at 1186 psf and I'm wondering if it is a reasonable price to pay?

According to Knightfrank, developer for Trizon is holding back launch for 3 months. I believe it's bcos' they are trying to ride this downturn and are hoping that market would pick up in 3 months for their launch. Does anyone know how much developer bought land for? what is developer's psf?

oilman
22-06-09, 11:32
What would be reasonable psf for unit at Montview? One 3 bedroom unit on lowfloor is going at 1186 psf and I'm wondering if it is a reasonable price to pay?

According to Knightfrank, developer for Trizon is holding back launch for 3 months. I believe it's bcos' they are trying to ride this downturn and are hoping that market would pick up in 3 months for their launch. Does anyone know how much developer bought land for? what is developer's psf?

Singland bot Himiko Court enbloc for 800 plus psf...Thus their cost for Trizon is about 1250 psf ..Trizon was soft launched at 1350 psf last year ...but most unit has double volume in the master bedroom..thus if includes the air space , the actual psf for the built in area should be abt 1400-1450 psf..

i lived in montview and loving it...but its up to u to decide what is the fair value...

dnl
22-06-09, 14:26
Oilman, thanks for your feedback. Can I please check what is the monthly maintenance at Montview? Am about to close on a deal here so we may become neighbours :)

moneyspinner
22-06-09, 17:44
Oilman, thanks for your feedback. Can I please check what is the monthly maintenance at Montview? Am about to close on a deal here so we may become neighbours :)

About S$300 per month for a 3 bedder.

dnl
23-06-09, 10:11
Thanks.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is a worthy investment. It's still crazy to be paying over half a million more than when it was launched in 06.

However having said that, other new developments like verdure, sixth avenue residences etc and yet to be launched holland residences are going at 1200 - 1400 psf, so seems a worth buy at 1100+.

Any views?

oilman
23-06-09, 10:19

dnl, u sound serious about buying Montview. My unit is the 1744 square feet 4 bedroom and 5 toilets that comes with a private lift and monthly maintenance is abt 380 . For the 3 bedder it should be lower....

dnl
23-06-09, 10:26
Yes, I'm very keen to get unit at Montview. I like the peaceful and quite neighbourhood and the layout of the unit I viewed is very spacious and squarish. East facing so it is windy and bright with no west sun. Finishings are top-end and better than most other developments I've seen so far...

Only push factor is the ongoing construction at Himiko court.. is it really noisy and dusty with the on-going construction?

oilman
23-06-09, 10:35
Yes, I'm very keen to get unit at Montview. I like the peaceful and quite neighbourhood and the layout of the unit I viewed is very spacious and squarish. East facing so it is windy and bright with no west sun. Finishings are top-end and better than most other developments I've seen so far...

Only push factor is the ongoing construction at Himiko court.. is it really noisy and dusty with the on-going construction?

The finishing is the same as Ho Bee's Sentosa Cove project and its top notch. Not many new project can offer such finishings in view of present higher contruction cost . This place is very quiet and serene,,,You will have to bear with Trizon on going construction for a bit but the worse is over. ie the tearing down of Himiko Court and pilling. Trizon will enhance the surrounding further but will blocked the great city view from your master bedroom . In return you will get the full swimming pool view.

moneyspinner
23-06-09, 10:38
May I know what is the maximum height for Trizon? At what level at Montview will it be unblocked if there is?

oilman
23-06-09, 10:44
May I know what is the maximum height for Trizon? At what level at Montview will it be unblocked if there is?

Trizon will also be the same height as Montview ie 24 floor...All Montview units would not have any blocked view of Trizon from its living room and balcony as they are facing either North or South,. Trizon is located east of Montview.

moneyspinner
23-06-09, 10:47
Trizon will also be the same height as Montview ie 24 floor...All Montview units would not have any blocked view of Trizon from its living room and balcony as they are facing either North or South,. Trizon is located east of Montview.

So, Montview is completely blocked by Trizon on the east, i.e. from the master bedroom on Stack 03?

oilman
23-06-09, 10:52
So, Montview is completely blocked by Trizon on the east, i.e. from the master bedroom on Stack 03?

The master bedroom view from stack 02 and 03 will be blocked . but you will have the full view of Trizon facilities and its several swimming pools right below.

moneyspinner
23-06-09, 10:54
The master bedroom view from stack 02 and 03 will be blocked . but you will have the full view of Trizon facilities and its several swimming pools right below.

Do you know when will the construction of Trizon be completed?

dnl
23-06-09, 10:57
yes seems like it, when I saw the unit. Currently the unit has an unblocked city view from the master bedroom, but once Trizon is up, that view will be replaced with a view of Trizon.

oilman
23-06-09, 11:02
Do you know when will the construction of Trizon be completed?

My guess is end of this year.. My master bedroom view will likely be blocked but I dun mind having the full pool view of Trizon instead. it may also be more interesting,,,Actually with Trizon, I may even slept later as it will blocked the early morning sun rise glare....

dnl
23-06-09, 11:04
you need to draw your curtains, oilman :sleep:

moneyspinner
23-06-09, 11:07
Comparing Montview and Marbella, it would seem Marbella is better in terms of location, view and proximity to the Dover MRT. But its older. What are your views? Again I thought there are some HDB contruction going on there? So, will Marbella be blocked by these HDB blocks eventually?

oilman
23-06-09, 11:19
Comparing Montview and Marbella, it would seem Marbella is better in terms of location, view and proximity to the Dover MRT. But its older. What are your views? Again I thought there are some HDB contruction going on there? So, will Marbella be blocked by these HDB blocks eventually?

Marbella is abt 4 to 5 years old. while Montview just TOP last March. You can walk to Dover MRT from Marbella across the canal while Montview has a shutlle bus to Buona Vista or Ghim Moh MRT at its entrance.

Marbella is a big project with 3 blocks while Montview is a single block of only 110 unit. My view is that Marbella is more suitable for famiy with kids that needs to run about while Montview is more exclusive and private those who prefer privacy.

Dunno about HDB block being built near Marbella but there is a very huge and long empty land after the canal along Dover MRT,

dnl
23-06-09, 11:25
Oilman, how often does the shuttle bus operate?

oilman
23-06-09, 11:32
Oilman, how often does the shuttle bus operate?

I hv not taken bus for ages but from what I see the interval is about 15-20 minutes and there are also those Premiere Direct bus service to Raffles place and other places in front of Montview for office workers in the am and evening. Anyway the main bus stop at Ulu Pandan road is only 5 minutes walk away.

moneyspinner
23-06-09, 11:44
I hv not taken bus for ages but from what I see the interval is about 15-20 minutes and there are also those Premiere Direct bus service to Raffles place and other places in front of Montview for office workers in the am and evening. Anyway the main bus stop at Ulu Pandan road is only 5 minutes walk away.

The loop bus service doesn't operate on Sundays. But as Oilman advise you can always access Ulu Pandan Road for direct buses to Orchard Road!:)

dnl
23-06-09, 14:31
thanks for the advice, guys..

proud owner
25-06-09, 00:39
Marbella is abt 4 to 5 years old. while Montview just TOP last March. You can walk to Dover MRT from Marbella across the canal while Montview has a shutlle bus to Buona Vista or Ghim Moh MRT at its entrance.

Marbella is a big project with 3 blocks while Montview is a single block of only 110 unit. My view is that Marbella is more suitable for famiy with kids that needs to run about while Montview is more exclusive and private those who prefer privacy.

Dunno about HDB block being built near Marbella but there is a very huge and long empty land after the canal along Dover MRT,

there empty land there will be used for HDB .... my friend's parents at Ghim Moh ...their HDB was enbloc some 2 yr ago ... and they are given HDB choices at the lcoation near Marbella ... facing the canal and Dover station

oilman
07-07-09, 17:46

Hi dnl, looking at the latest transaction i see a unit of 1227 sq feet just being transacted in Montview. is that you >? If it is, let me be the first to welcome you to Montview.

moneyspinner
07-07-09, 19:34
Hi dnl, looking at the latest transaction i see a unit of 1227 sq feet just being transacted in Montview. is that you >? If it is, let me be the first to welcome you to Montview.

Hi Oilman, heard Trizon going to be launched soon. You think will pull up price of Montview? Comparing Trizon and Montview, which of the two would you prefer?:)

oilman
08-07-09, 10:00
Hi Oilman, heard Trizon going to be launched soon. You think will pull up price of Montview? Comparing Trizon and Montview, which of the two would you prefer?:)

If Trizon were to be launched at 1350 psf like what is was last year then it reality that would work out to be about 1450-1500 psf in view of double volume space ( actual psf should be about 100 -150 psf higher is view of double volume space ). At such the current price of Montview is way undervalued at 1100 psf . I have always thought that Montview prices has always been undervalue in comparison to what is being fetch in 6th avenue or holland areas which is a couple of minutes away. The price diff between these areas should not be more than 100 psf...but is now more like 300-500 psf . , Montview is next to international school and within 1 km from henry park school and is in a more serene and tranquil area.

I for one would not pay additonal 300-500 psf more to be a few hundred meters close to town but in a more congested area . Take a drive in Mt Sinai area and compared to Holland and Sixth Ave and you will know what I mean. Anyway one man meat's is another poison I suppose.

moneyspinner
20-08-09, 21:15
If Trizon were to be launched at 1350 psf like what is was last year then it reality that would work out to be about 1450-1500 psf in view of double volume space ( actual psf should be about 100 -150 psf higher is view of double volume space ). At such the current price of Montview is way undervalued at 1100 psf . I have always thought that Montview prices has always been undervalue in comparison to what is being fetch in 6th avenue or holland areas which is a couple of minutes away. The price diff between these areas should not be more than 100 psf...but is now more like 300-500 psf . , Montview is next to international school and within 1 km from henry park school and is in a more serene and tranquil area.

I for one would not pay additonal 300-500 psf more to be a few hundred meters close to town but in a more congested area . Take a drive in Mt Sinai area and compared to Holland and Sixth Ave and you will know what I mean. Anyway one man meat's is another poison I suppose.

Let's see how will Montview fare once Trizon is launched.:)

esurprise
10-09-09, 15:08
Hi All

To those that are familair or living in the Mt Sinai area, to walk to Dover MRT is quite far. To go for a decent grocery shopping must take bus right to Ghim Moh, Jelita or Clementi right? If that is true, it sounds like quite inconvenient since i have to take bus to almost everywhere, right?

Appreciate your advice to those that are familiar with the living there. thanks

oilman
10-09-09, 17:07
Hi All

To those that are familair or living in the Mt Sinai area, to walk to Dover MRT is quite far. To go for a decent grocery shopping must take bus right to Ghim Moh, Jelita or Clementi right? If that is true, it sounds like quite inconvenient since i have to take bus to almost everywhere, right?

Appreciate your advice to those that are familiar with the living there. thanks

Firstly, most if not all the resident that lives in Montview drives.
Secondly, there are provisions shop and eateries in Pandan Valley and Ridgewood condo which are open to public and is just next to Montview.
Thirdly, with the present internet age, there are home deliveries for almost anything.

Last but not least , it would be a bit of hassle if one has to do daily marketing and does not drive and yes one will need to rely on public transportation to Ghim Moh, Jelita or Clementi as all of them is abt 1 km away.

Hope this help...

danieltangtc
25-11-09, 12:33
I judy got a 1507 sqft unit at montview. Was walking around the condo and I found the concrete kerb in the carpark bext to the 20cents water dispenser is damaged. Also, the rubber carpet in the gym seems to be unfinished or torn?

Is the Managing agent going to be doing anything about those??

dnl
25-11-09, 14:59
Welcome to Montview! I bought the 3 bedder unit here a couple of mths back too, so welcome neighbour!

You should ask the management about it. I noticed that the mirror in one of the lifts have been chipped quite badly and no one seems to have done anything about it.

danieltangtc
25-11-09, 17:50
Hmmm...yeah...does anyone know how to contact the managing agent???

danieltangtc
25-11-09, 17:51
Thanks dnl...which floor are u on??

oilman
30-11-09, 12:55
Hmmm...yeah...does anyone know how to contact the managing agent???

you can contact chris at 62199349. he is the condo manager

oilman
30-11-09, 12:58
Welcome to Montview! I bought the 3 bedder unit here a couple of mths back too, so welcome neighbour!

You should ask the management about it. I noticed that the mirror in one of the lifts have been chipped quite badly and no one seems to have done anything about it.

the contractor that is responsible for that will have their deposit forfeited to repair the mirror as i understand it. if this is a separate incident its good to inform this to the managing agent which will then refer this this to the management council for any major repairs required,

moneyspinner
17-03-11, 17:36
Latest transaction for Montview:
Address
Tenure
PSF
Area Sqft
Price
Contract Date
63 Mount Sinai Drive #15-03
Freehold
$1440
$2170k
13 Jan 11

bargain hunter
17-03-11, 20:50
#03-03 transacted at 1300psf last mar. after adjusting for difference between low and high floor, it has hardly appreciated?

Latest transaction for Montview:
Address
Tenure
PSF
Area Sqft
Price
Contract Date
63 Mount Sinai Drive #15-03
Freehold
$1440
$2170k
13 Jan 11

yowetan
30-09-11, 20:31
Anyone selling montview <1.5mil now?

land118
01-10-11, 10:10
Anyone selling montview <1.5mil now?
Smallest unit is a 2 bedder+study, 114sqm or about 1227sqft...

URA data, no unit sold below $1.5m..Since late 2009

The closest to your budget is $1.55m for 1227sqft in Jan'10. U may have to wait long long...

MONTVIEW* MOUNT SINAI DRIVE Condominium 1 1,550,000 1,227 Strata 1,263 Jan-10

klim828
08-10-11, 14:01
Just came back from seeing a few units here, I can't get myself to even offer, the actual living space is smaller than advertised, the impressive balcony takes up a lot of space. So this is for those who like balconies.

DC33_2008
08-10-11, 14:30
It's norm these days. Gone are the days with good useable floor area. BCA should review their policy and not just keep giving perts to developer for foc space in balcony, planter, etc.
Just came back from seeing a few units here, I can't get myself to even offer, the actual living space is smaller than advertised, the impressive balcony takes up a lot of space. So this is for those who like balconies.

klim828
08-10-11, 14:41
It's norm these days. Gone are the days with good useable floor area. BCA should review their policy and not just keep giving perts to developer for foc space in balcony, planter, etc.

I know, I've seen a few new developments, Montview is actually better than most, but I need livable space, not big balconies!

Guess I need to look at older developments.

DC33_2008
08-10-11, 17:42
The $psf is lower for older project with more useable floor area.
I know, I've seen a few new developments, Montview is actually better than most, but I need livable space, not big balconies!

Guess I need to look at older developments.

Fisherman
28-10-11, 19:56
Latest caveat in October 2011 at S$1,540 psf for a 1,507 sq ft apt between 16 to 20 floor! Price S$2,320,780.00. Appears to be going up!!!!!!!!!!!!

danieltangtc
19-04-12, 22:15
Seems like price rise slowing down..
63, MT SINAI DR, 21-04 Record 418538
1,227 sqft
$ 1,900,000.00
MONTVIEW /
17/02/2012
$1,548psf