PDA

View Full Version : Looking for space in D5

HAPPY BELLY
13-04-08, 00:48
Hello everyone, I've been ready the threads and think the comments are sincere and the discussion very useful! I am looking for a 3 bedroom place in the area (I work near Gillman Village) and hope to live nearby.

While I was hoping to find a house, I can't seem to find any - seems to be all apartments. Are there any houses for sale in the area? If not, which apartments would you recommend? I don't mind old apartments... many thanks in advance for your advice!:)

HAPPY BELLY
13-04-08, 00:54
Dear All,

I am looking for a place around Buki merah/ Pasir panjang/ Dover... i was originally looking for a house but can't seem to find any in this area... seems to be mostly apartments.

Are there any houses in this area? If yes, where? If not, which apartments would you think is a good buy still (not yet crazy priced!)? I don't mind old developments. Actually i prefer them as they tend to have more space...and i like green! Facing greenery would be lovely!

Many thanks in advance for your advice! :)

PropertiesHunter
13-04-08, 10:32
Dear All,

I am looking for a place around Buki merah/ Pasir panjang/ Dover... i was originally looking for a house but can't seem to find any in this area... seems to be mostly apartments.

Are there any houses in this area? If yes, where? If not, which apartments would you think is a good buy still (not yet crazy priced!)? I don't mind old developments. Actually i prefer them as they tend to have more space...and i like green! Facing greenery would be lovely!

Many thanks in advance for your advice! :)

There is a lot of house in D5. Please clarify your burget to shorten the search.

HAPPY BELLY
13-04-08, 11:12
How much will a 3 or 4 bedroom semi-d cost in the area? Also are there any conservation houses in the area available for sale? I am looking at spending max. 1.5 mil. Thanks!

durian
13-04-08, 12:02
How much will a 3 or 4 bedroom semi-d cost in the area? Also are there any conservation houses in the area available for sale? I am looking at spending max. 1.5 mil. Thanks!

You can consider D2,D3, D4 and D5 which are near Gilman vicinity. Conservation houses in D2 in kampong bahru vicinity is quite high now and probably out of yr budget. D3 houses located in merino crescent (behind anchorage) are bigger in sizes and recent prices seem to suggest that you can't get anything for budget below $2m. Similarly for D4 houses.

You can still bargain hunt for older houses in D5 areas in pasir panjang, west coast and those near to NUS. Your budget of $1.5M is within reach but possibly limited to terrace hse. At this moment it is not likely to find a Semi D at that kind of price. One and a half year ago is possible but not now in these vicinity. Gd luck.

HAPPY BELLY
13-04-08, 12:54
Thanks Durian for your response! Do you know how much the conservation houses in kampong bahru costs? And are they like shophouses? WOuld $2mil be a more realistic budget to get what i want?

I'll drive and take a look next week - are there specific roads you would recommend me to look at for conservation houses? Also are there nice areas I should check out? I'm not really into houses that are very built up and look all the same... I'm looking for more greenery...

thanks!

starrynight
13-04-08, 16:38
Can consider terrace houses at Hong Leong / West Coast or Faber too...

HAPPY BELLY
15-04-08, 01:27
Thanks Starrynight. uh... but where's 'hong leong'?... is there a particular street I can search or look at? thanks!

starrynight
16-04-08, 00:14
type in "West Coast Grove" into an online map... the whole estate is called Hong Leong Gardens

durian
16-04-08, 16:18
I think it is going at an excess of $1,000 psf. There is a cluster located opposite Singapore General Hospital(Near Outram MRT). The road name is Everton Park and/or Kampong Bahru Road. They consists of shophouses as well as residential.

Tiong Bahru vicinity also have some conservation shophouses and apartment.

Thanks Durian for your response! Do you know how much the conservation houses in kampong bahru costs? And are they like shophouses? WOuld $2mil be a more realistic budget to get what i want?

I'll drive and take a look next week - are there specific roads you would recommend me to look at for conservation houses? Also are there nice areas I should check out? I'm not really into houses that are very built up and look all the same... I'm looking for more greenery...

thanks!

agentG
16-04-08, 18:06
type in "West Coast Grove" into an online map... the whole estate is called Hong Leong Gardens

Check out here

http://www.propertyhub.com.sg/Singapore-Condos/List-of-Condos-starting-with-H/Hong-Leong-Gardens.html

:)