PDA

View Full Version : Outlook for MM units

mummy
18-10-14, 17:53
Hi, just would like to ask MM unit investors what you think is the prospects of MM units...is it good to hold for rental play with the 6.9 mil target....would u keep for retirement passive income or sell before 2030?

teddybear
18-10-14, 20:21
Not MM unit investors, just I think MM units best only for own-residence by single & old people with children only.......

Hi, just would like to ask MM unit investors what you think is the prospects of MM units...is it good to hold for rental play with the 6.9 mil target....would u keep for retirement passive income or sell before 2030?

mummy
18-10-14, 20:31
Not MM unit investors, just I think MM units best only for own-residence by single & old people with children only.......

Why not for investment? It gives high rental yield....or because u think resale value not there?

Singleton
18-10-14, 20:55
unit size around 450-550 sqft livable especially with good condo facilities and near MRT and shopping.

Most buy for investment but also good for retirement as a single or couple

Those MM units at good location will always have buyers and tenants, the issue is with the price

There will be more pressure for those holding units not near transport or amenities once few more thousands of these get completed

teddybear
18-10-14, 21:05
Resale market is questionable and untested.
High rental yield with low capital? Is there such good deal in this world? If so, why would people rent rather than buy themselves?
Expats are usually families, they need family size units, not MMs.
Locals will buy the MM themselves, won't rent MM, since high rental and low capital outlay, why rent then?
MM demand from single or couple is not very high (unless you want to rent to 4 or more rojak people in 1 MM unit and your unit will be in irrepairable condition in no time!), so if you own an MM, better make sure it is the top of the top among all MMs! JGateway MM is definitely not the top of the top!

Why not for investment? It gives high rental yield....or because u think resale value not there?

mummy
18-10-14, 22:00
unit size around 450-550 sqft livable especially with good condo facilities and near MRT and shopping.

Most buy for investment but also good for retirement as a single or couple

Those MM units at good location will always have buyers and tenants, the issue is with the price

There will be more pressure for those holding units not near transport or amenities once few more thousands of these get completed

Thx for sharing...

CondoWE
18-10-14, 23:42
For rental, personally prefer 2bedder min and ideally 3 bredder.

Kelonguni
18-10-14, 23:51
Underlying demand is definitely there based on social demographics.

Many expats will choose to rent even if they can afford to buy. If their assignment here is only on contractual basis, why should they risk the huge down payment when it can already pay up in full for a place in their home town?

bigbear
19-10-14, 19:58
buy MM at least within city or city fringe.

buy MM with unique feature like penthouse unit.

MM Lovers
20-10-14, 11:46
I am a MM (mickey mouse) unit supporter. So far not difficult to get tenant and rental yield is good. :joyous:

mummy
20-10-14, 11:54
I am a MM (mickey mouse) unit supporter. So far not difficult to get tenant and rental yield is good. :joyous:

Good to hear that....may I know yr rental yield so far and is it falling recently?

Allthepies
20-10-14, 18:45
Downtown Core has no problem renting out MM : )

Allthepies
20-10-14, 18:48
If Downtown Core MM has problem renting out, it means Singapore is probably in recession and the whole market has problem renting out

Arcachon
20-10-14, 19:25
Then move in MM and rent out HDB.

mummy
01-11-14, 22:57
Had quite a few potential tenants viewing my MM these 2 days since we got the keys though no lights and curtains yet and an offer by a French guy today of $2100 per mth for 1 year lease, partial furnished. My unit 452 sq ft and just opposite Aljunied mrt. I am ok with it but hubby says too low...would like you gurus' opinion...is it really too low? Was a 1+study unit but we converted to 2 bedder with sliding glass to living room or bedrm.