PDA

View Full Version : St REGIS: Sold for $15.8 mio loss

gsmsimmax3
18-03-15, 07:06
http://mypaper.sg/top-stories/st-regis-residences-penthouse-sold-158m-loss-20150318

Wow !!
Mother of all absolute loss...

henryhk
18-03-15, 07:52
Rich people won't bother one lor

Kelonguni
18-03-15, 09:31
Rich people won't bother one lor

It's only 15.8 million. But it does tell you their confidence level.

teddybear
18-03-15, 10:20
There is a very big repercussion here that many people don't see other than the big "$15.8M loss" for a CCR prime properties!

To me, I see that the RICH are NOW very willing to sell their properties in Singapore (despite huge loss and they have no urgency for the money) and most likely moving their S$ out of Singapore into other currencies.

the above means more downward pressure on S$!

If CCR prime properties only worth $2000 psf, those lousy rural OCR like JGateway worth $17xx psf?
Soon, OCR private condo prices will crash! may be <$1000 psf for JGateway a few years down the road? :panda:

It's only 15.8 million. But it does tell you their confidence level.

proud owner
18-03-15, 13:09
IF THE RICH ARE GETTING OUT, WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT PROPERTY MKT IN SINGAPORE ?

IF GOVT IS PREEMPTIVE, DO YOU THINK THEY SHOULD START TO REMOVE SOME COOLING MEASURES ? BEFORE CCR RCR OCR ALL START TO CRASH ?

teddybear
18-03-15, 13:42
In a way, I have to agree with you.

But problem is, the relevant party in question who set the rules do not think this is a problem, and they just said recently that property prices (mainly OCR property prices) are still over-valued and there is no need to relax the cooling measures! :hopelessness:

IF THE RICH ARE GETTING OUT, WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT PROPERTY MKT IN SINGAPORE ?

IF GOVT IS PREEMPTIVE, DO YOU THINK THEY SHOULD START TO REMOVE SOME COOLING MEASURES ? BEFORE CCR RCR OCR ALL START TO CRASH ?

hopeful
18-03-15, 14:01
"Mr Tada is believed to have left the property vacant all this time. "
i believe this is the last straw for him - No more vacancy refund for unoccupied buildings.
From Tada to Nada.

& whatever happened to the recent meme?
nobody mentioned possibility his loss is reduced by his currency gains?

proud owner
18-03-15, 14:02
In a way, I have to agree with you.

But problem is, the relevant party in question who set the rules do not think this is a problem, and they just said recently that property prices (mainly OCR property prices) are still over-valued and there is no need to relax the cooling measures! :hopelessness:

IT RAINS IN SINGAPORE ALL THE TIME ...

THEY DIDNT THINK IT WAS A PROBLEM ..

BUT WHEN THE STORM COMES OR WHEN IT STORMS EVERY OTHER DAY, THE STREETS FLOOD...

THEN THEY DO DAMAGE REPAIR ...

TOO LATE ..

NEVER LEARN

hopeful
18-03-15, 14:07
IF THE RICH ARE GETTING OUT, WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT PROPERTY MKT IN SINGAPORE ?..

but another rich is getting in.

Kelonguni
18-03-15, 14:09
Relax all. This group was betting on price gain all the time and not sincere in affording the property really...

For Teddy: OCR and RCR want to crash 1.5mil also difficult or impossible, how to crash 15mil?

CCR also has good value. It depends on what we use the property for.

Kelonguni
18-03-15, 14:15
but another rich is getting in.

Another rich is getting in and likely more sustainable with TDSR being met. More sincere in affording.

teddybear
18-03-15, 16:26
I thought somebody said the flooding was a "once in 50 years" affair and hence no big deal and not a major problem? :boxing:

Actually times now flies very fast in Singapore, as the Chinese commonly say, "1 day in heaven is 50 years on earth", I think Singaporeans are all NOW LIVING IN HEAVEN! They should learn to be grateful that they now have a chance to live in heaven! :highly_amused:

IT RAINS IN SINGAPORE ALL THE TIME ...

THEY DIDNT THINK IT WAS A PROBLEM ..

BUT WHEN THE STORM COMES OR WHEN IT STORMS EVERY OTHER DAY, THE STREETS FLOOD...

THEN THEY DO DAMAGE REPAIR ...

TOO LATE ..

NEVER LEARN