PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed re Indian Tenants

Fisherman
07-09-15, 11:41
Can any forerunners share their experiences in letting out their properties to Inidan tenants? Noted that there are quite a number of them here in Singapore who are willing to pay quite attractive rental in the current soft tenancy market. I have heard adverse comments about them so need some feedback. Thank you.

irisng
12-09-15, 14:16
Can any forerunners share their experiences in letting out their properties to Inidan tenants? Noted that there are quite a number of them here in Singapore who are willing to pay quite attractive rental in the current soft tenancy market. I have heard adverse comments about them so need some feedback. Thank you.

Maybe my posting is a bit too late but still hope to be able to share my experience here. I don't think they are that generous, maybe some but not all. My Ex-Indian tenant overall was ok except that after he left, my whole house was filled with curry smell and somehow didn't know how they eat, all my curtains (from bottom to top) were stained with curry. We used all sort of methods trying to get rid of the smell but no use. Luckily my new tenants don't mind but asked to reduce the rental amount.

Forest ang
12-09-15, 15:05
If without kiddos...i guess it is fine. And if they are IT professionals...fine too. Ever had an Indian family with a 3yo kid. After I took over the house, my fabric sofa reeks of urine smell!

irisng
12-09-15, 15:47
If without kiddos...i guess it is fine. And if they are IT professionals...fine too. Ever had an Indian family with a 3yo kid. After I took over the house, my fabric sofa reeks of urine smell!

But they have no children leh that's why I am wondering how an adults like them can eat until all the curtains can stain with curry, some more it can reach till the upper part and lower corner of the curtains, fantastic leh. My kitchen cabinet also has stained of curry powder, but to be honest, they can consider to be a good tenant, they are a good pay master and maintenance wise also ok. More important is they take care of my toilet very well and clean, that's where I'm quite satisfied with it.

propertycarrots
12-09-15, 16:20
Have you guys every considered adding a clause in the TA to include professional handover cleaning which the tenant must provide receipt from cleaning company when tenacy ends

irisng
12-09-15, 20:54
Have you guys every considered adding a clause in the TA to include professional handover cleaning which the tenant must provide receipt from cleaning company when tenacy ends

Actually my agents did tell my ex-tenant that they need to clean up the house before the handover and he also told us that we can get cleaning company to clean the house and claim against the tenant, that's only when I complained that there were so many spider webs around. So I asked my agent, will the cleaning company clean until so details that they will shift out the washing machine, lift up the beds and chairs so that they can clear the hidden spider webs. He couldn't answer.

propertycarrots
12-09-15, 21:28
Actually my agents did tell my ex-tenant that they need to clean up the house before the handover and he also told us that we can get cleaning company to clean the house and claim against the tenant, that's only when I complained that there were so many spider webs around. So I asked my agent, will the cleaning company clean until so details that they will shift out the washing machine, lift up the beds and chairs so that they can clear the hidden spider webs. He couldn't answer.

If it is indicated in the TA they will need to get a professional company to do it and not those freelance. If you claim against them it might make the claim process harder if there is not black and white

irisng
12-09-15, 23:35
If it is indicated in the TA they will need to get a professional company to do it and not those freelance. If you claim against them it might make the claim process harder if there is not black and white

That's true. Without receipt, they might not want to pay. Like my curtains washing, my ex-tenant didn't want to pay without the receipt.

Funny part was, my ex-tenant had a laundry receipt for the curtains but didn't know why the curtains were still so dirty.