PDA

View Full Version : T.O.P Delay Woes

phoque
11-04-17, 21:17
Hi Guys,

i bought a new condo, but unfortunately TOP have been delayed for approx 13 months and looking to be further delayed for an another 5-6mths (total : 19mths)

While, there would be compensation, i am curious to find out how far/long can the TOP date be deferred?
In case you asked, i have sent an email to my lawyer to relook at the contract and protect our rights and am waiting for a reply.
I though i might just post it here to garner some inputs.
The purpose of the post is to understand the procedures and industry practices of the property market which i am totally unfamiliar with.

Naming of development/purchase price, blah blah.. is unlikely to serve constructive purpose.

Thanks for reading
Phoque

Hakuho
11-04-17, 21:49
The question is what is the probable cause of the delay ?

If it is due to lack of progress in the construction, then your recourse is a refund of payments provided the developer is not bankrupt.

If it is due to construction issue, then TOP can be delayed by BCA as long as the issue is not rectified by the developer/builder.

If it is due to tax consideration, that is the building is soundly completed by developer chose not to submit TOP application, then I don't see how anyone can compel the developer to act as long as it is happy to pay compensation.