PDA

View Full Version : URA transactions with unit numbers

thomastansb
18-04-17, 10:14
Hi people, can anyone let me know of any paid services that I can subscribe to for URA transactions with unit numbers?

Please PM me since it might not be alright to post a reply (might be taken as advertisement).

My current service provider just double its price. Knn one.

Thanks in advance.

kellogs
18-04-17, 10:25
your current provider is squarefoot?

I have been using them as well but since the price hike ... i have decided not to renew.

If you have found a good portal please share!

bargain hunter
18-04-17, 11:00
not sure what happened to propertycarrots.

squarefoot still hiked the price by a lot after discount? :axekiller:

thomastansb
18-04-17, 11:01
Ya. SFR. They just double me. So I won't renew. Crazy. Now looking around.

kellogs
18-04-17, 11:10
Do you guys know where they gather all these datas?

I could have a team build this tool for us to use and perhaps free for the beta users here :)

bargain hunter
18-04-17, 14:44
Do you guys know where they gather all these datas?

I could have a team build this tool for us to use and perhaps free for the beta users here :)

they must have gotten the data from realis right? which is subscription based by URA.

looks like bro propertycarrots downloaded the data manually from time to time but not sure why his website has been shut down.

tanghao
19-04-17, 12:22
I agree with you.They may be hiked which cause the website shut down.

frumnat
19-04-17, 14:18
Been checking propertycarrots every now and then. Think the site has been shut down?

bargain hunter
19-04-17, 16:44
Been checking propertycarrots every now and then. Think the site has been shut down?

yeah. :(

gsmsimmax3
20-04-17, 21:33

@kellogs
I am willing to be a beta users and share cost too.......
Crowd funding for cost ?
Can we explore this idea ?

Or perhaps revive propertycarrots.com, with site owner blessing ?

bolster
20-04-17, 23:08
Yearly subscription for realis is around $1600.

I can help to incorporate into the eefloorplan app. 😜

Or setup the website for free.

proud owner
20-04-17, 23:16
Yearly subscription for realis is around $1600.

I can help to incorporate into the eefloorplan app. 😜

Or setup the website for free.

what do you get from realis for $1600?

what kind of data access ?

bargain hunter
21-04-17, 00:11
@kellogs
I am willing to be a beta users and share cost too.......
Crowd funding for cost ?
Can we explore this idea ?

Or perhaps revive propertycarrots.com, with site owner blessing ?

we need bro propertycarrots to come back to this forum and tell us his story about what happened. he came to this forum inviting us to subscribe and i am sure many of us supported him and did so. but suddenly a month or two ago it was gone.

proud owner
21-04-17, 00:53
we need bro propertycarrots to come back to this forum and tell us his story about what happened. he came to this forum inviting us to subscribe and i am sure many of us supported him and did so. but suddenly a month or two ago it was gone.

the page is blank...

what did it do before ?

bolster
21-04-17, 07:50
what do you get from realis for $1600?

what kind of data access ?

https://spring.ura.gov.sg/lad/ore/registration/registration.cfm

Sorry the yearly subscription is $1800.

For detail, click the Link below.
https://spring.ura.gov.sg/lad/ore/login/findOutMore.cfm

Not only that, web hosting cost around $200 per year.

Developer to develop the website average cost around $3000 to $10000.

bolster
21-04-17, 07:52
the page is blank...

what did it do before ?

Aiyo.Register cannot help much. Must click the advertisement. If not, where to get the revenue to maintain the data and web hosting?

bargain hunter
21-04-17, 09:27
the page is blank...

what did it do before ?

he manually downloaded the caveats with the units number including historical.

bolster
21-04-17, 09:43
Hey. I have an idea. i am web developer. I can help to generate the website within a week exactly like propertycarrot for free with the web hosting.

But need you guys to help me click on the advertisement. Once achieve $80 from the advertisement, i can use the $$ to buy the data from the realis.

Don't need to register or subscribe.

Don't need to contribute any $$. Just help to click the advertise from the app or website.

bolster
21-04-17, 09:45
I will link the caveat with the floorplan database accumulate from the past few years. Make it both into an app and web for user to view.

bolster
23-04-17, 16:42
Alamak. no supporter?

bargain hunter
23-04-17, 17:16
Alamak. no supporter?

just click on advertisement? just let us know. should be no problem to click on adverts right?

bolster
23-04-17, 19:32
Ya. If no click, my fate will be like property carrot.

smellyfish
23-04-17, 22:02
just saying, when any data seller sells any valuable data, they are actually selling a license to the subscriber to use the data. and that license will, for the data seller's own protection, comes with a condition not to resell or redistribute the data. if you are the data seller, your business will be cannibalised if you don't put a provision like that in.

i don't know what happen to property carrot, but i thought from day one he must breaching a data use term and that sooner or later, they will go knocking on pc's door. and the same thing is likely to happen to whoever who tries it again....

bargain hunter
23-04-17, 22:17
just saying, when any data seller sells any valuable data, they are actually selling a license to the subscriber to use the data. and that license will, for the data seller's own protection, comes with a condition not to resell or redistribute the data. if you are the data seller, your business will be cannibalised if you don't put a provision like that in.

i don't know what happen to property carrot, but i thought from day one he must breaching a data use term and that sooner or later, they will go knocking on pc's door. and the same thing is likely to happen to whoever who tries it again....

you stopped short of saying the seller of the valuable data is the gahmen...:ambivalence:

proud owner
23-04-17, 22:29
Hey. I have an idea. i am web developer. I can help to generate the website within a week exactly like propertycarrot for free with the web hosting.

But need you guys to help me click on the advertisement. Once achieve $80 from the advertisement, i can use the $$ to buy the data from the realis.

Don't need to register or subscribe.

Don't need to contribute any $$. Just help to click the advertise from the app or website.

someone i know is working on it now ...

proud owner
23-04-17, 22:32
you stopped short of saying the seller of the valuable data is the gahmen...:ambivalence:

When you lodge a caveat ...govt collect money
Yet to access the data, URA charges a fee ..

How can govt SELLs our data ?

If they can sell , anyone can Re-sell ...

kellogs
24-04-17, 13:04
Hi Bolster, are you going to build it?

Lets make it ad free. I would sponsor the 80$ per week to download the data and we would provide member on this thread with free access.

Could you guys PM me your number so we could discuss in WA group on how to move forward?

bolster
24-04-17, 13:35
Sure. I can setup the database and the code.

bolster
24-04-17, 15:52
I will sponsor the website and database. I did a simple website using old data.

http://www.eevending.com/property.php

Waiting for kellogs sponsor to sponsor the latest caveat data. :tongue-new:

proud owner
24-04-17, 19:18
is it still $80 per download?

i remember paying this amount like 10 years ago ...

cartman
24-04-17, 22:14
wonder what happened to carrots

kellogs
25-04-17, 11:27
It is 1800 SGD per year subscription to Realis

I am working out few details and i think we could have a site up ... hopefully in the next few months.

May I know if anyone is interested to be a beta tester or has any wishlist.

Please list out your wishlist for the new site and we would do our best to build it into the system

Kelonguni
25-04-17, 11:57

I am working out few details and i think we could have a site up ... hopefully in the next few months.

Please list out your wishlist for the new site and we would do our best to build it into the system

Propertycarrots was pretty good I think. Maybe an addition is a sorting function in terms of size or price.

$1,800 is not a big, but also not a small sum to pay on a regular basis.

One possible use is to come up with another kind of index that is of a different nature to the existing indices, some of which do not reflect the actual picture of price movements accurately.

teddybear
25-04-17, 20:19
May be a column stating the transacted price in $psf per years of lease remaining (for 99-years leasehold properties) - as suggested by ST Journalist, see here:
http://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/how-to-figure-out-if-an-old-hdb-flat-is-worth-its-asking-price
so that it is easier for people to know whether they are over-paying for their aging 99-years leasehold properties............... :devilish:

kellogs
27-04-17, 10:53
Realis has replied my email and I quote

"We also do not have any subscription plan which includes 3rd party redistribution rights."

So seems like we would not be able to use their data ...

Arcachon
27-04-17, 11:01

"We also do not have any subscription plan which includes 3rd party redistribution rights."

Write to LHL.

bargain hunter
27-04-17, 11:06

did you ask them how does squarefoot do it? are they violating?

Arcachon
27-04-17, 11:12
This is why 99.co got the support.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/

kellogs
27-04-17, 11:30
I assume LHL is our PM? I think it is a joke to write to Mr Lee to ask for this!

Bro Bargain Hunter, No i did not ask them how other sites manage to get the data ...

teddybear
27-04-17, 14:01
I don't think putting the data on the website and not collecting any money is considered "distributing to 3rd party" isn't it?
Furthermore, usually if you are considered "distribute to 3rd party", you need to be profiting from it, but in your case you don't.

Otherwise how other vendors like Squarefoot do it? Sounds like either they exploit the gray area or the reply from is Realis is not correct?

As usual, typical of civil servant reply, they will not say anything not written in black and white in their book (have many such experience with BCA / URA), and they don't dare to even clarify their own regulatory clauses when I ask for more clarifications (telling me I have to consult my own lawyer)............. Ah lamak! they wrote the rules and they can't clarify it because I found them vague and they need me to engage lawyer? Does my lawyer write the rules and hence he can clarify better or they? :doh: