PDA

View Full Version : A quick property question

highlander1984
07-07-17, 09:07
I saw a 2nd hand unit in district 5 which I liked. Unfortunately its current balcony facing is going to be obstructed by ongoing new condo construction. And a second plot of land behind the currently constructing condo should commence construction too. My question, is if I can get a substantial discount, should I get this unit that I like inview of the lost/blocked views, sound and dust pollution? Gurus please advise me. Thanks!

anythingwhatever
07-07-17, 09:16
I saw a 2nd hand unit in district 5 which I liked. Unfortunately its current balcony facing is going to be obstructed by ongoing new condo construction. And a second plot of land behind the currently constructing condo should commence construction too. My question, is if I can get a substantial discount, should I get this unit that I like inview of the lost/blocked views, sound and dust pollution? Gurus please advise me. Thanks!

Only the (immediate) family can decide... :)

tonymontana
07-07-17, 09:20

How badly obstructed? if it's like facing a sheer wall where you can hit the wall with a pebble thrown from the balcony , don't. If it's separated by a road, road setbacks, landscaping, then it's not that bad.
The other thing is that your rental may be affected by all the construction going on.

highlander1984
07-07-17, 09:27
How badly obstructed? if it's like facing a sheer wall where you can hit the wall with a pebble thrown from the balcony , don't. If it's separated by a road, road setbacks, landscaping, then it's not that bad.
The other thing is that your rental may be affected by all the construction going on.

Okok, i will be honest here then. I am looking at the Botannia and that facing is looking at the construction of parc riveria. Parc riveria is very tall and will block out that unit's facing. Finally the plot of land behind parc riveria is commencing construction too. I am buying for own stay.But is afraid that the noise and dust is really going to affect my quality of living. there is a small road separating the two sites from the botannia unit. So i am at a lost now.

anythingwhatever
07-07-17, 09:30

Good point.

Also, better get the Site Plan of the new construction and watch out for any potential risks (e.g. Feng Shui)

anythingwhatever
07-07-17, 09:40
Okok, i will be honest here then. I am looking at the Botannia and that facing is looking at the construction of parc riveria. Parc riveria is very tall and will block out that unit's facing. Finally the plot of land behind parc riveria is commencing construction too. I am buying for own stay.But is afraid that the noise and dust is really going to affect my quality of living. there is a small road separating the two sites from the botannia unit. So i am at a lost now.

Some references for you:

https://www.geomancy.net/forums/topic/9933-feng-shui-for-botannia/?do=findComment&comment=20285

https://www.geomancy.net/forums/topic/11340-botannia-condo-west-coast-park/?do=findComment&comment=23056

Can search in the forum for more related threads.

tonymontana
07-07-17, 09:51

hey, i remember you! you're the guy looking at trilinq, right? Didn't register earlier. at the end depend on your feeling when you are in the unit. Personally for own stay i prefer unblocked view, but that's getting scarcer these days. Check out parc rivier site plans to see what your unit will be facing eventually. Construction noise is pretty irritating but you can always complain NEA in case the builders flout the no noisy work after 7pm rule.
how much % discount you getting

highlander1984
07-07-17, 09:56
hey, i remember you! you're the guy looking at trilinq, right? Didn't register earlier. at the end depend on your feeling when you are in the unit. Personally for own stay i prefer unblocked view, but that's getting scarcer these days. Check out parc rivier site plans to see what your unit will be facing eventually. Construction noise is pretty irritating but you can always complain NEA in case the builders flout the no noisy work after 7pm rule.
how much % discount you getting

Lol yeah, the trilinq guy. Haha trilinq didn't work out in the end. Too small the rooms and exp plus lotsa Reno needed. I went to that botannia unit and it was out in the market for 2-3 months. I believe I can push it down on it's asking to 7% -7.5%. But I am not entirely sure if even if I get it, is the discount worth it against the sound and dust and blocked view. The 2nd unit plot is the one which creates more issue for me as it is way nearer. Like literally one road distance.
Parc Riveria only obstructs, but noise is the 2nd condo buikding

tonymontana
07-07-17, 10:10
Lol yeah, the trilinq guy. Haha trilinq didn't work out in the end. Too small the rooms and exp plus lotsa Reno needed. I went to that botannia unit and it was out in the market for 2-3 months. I believe I can push it down on it's asking to 7% -7.5%. But I am not entirely sure if even if I get it, is the discount worth it against the sound and dust and blocked view. The 2nd unit plot is the one which creates more issue for me as it is way nearer. Like literally one road distance.
Parc Riveria only obstructs, but noise is the 2nd condo buikding

Noise will be constant throughout the day, but they have to stop noisy work (hacking, piling, heavy machinery work) by 7pm on weekdays. However i noticed the builders often flout this rule especially after heavy rains throughout the day (they have have catch up the on the days' schedule). So be prepared to call NEA incessantly throughout the construction period.

highlander1984
07-07-17, 10:13
Noise will be constant throughout the day, but they have to stop noisy work (hacking, piling, heavy machinery work) by 7pm on weekdays. However i noticed the builders often flout this rule especially after heavy rains throughout the day (they have have catch up the on the days' schedule). So be prepared to call NEA incessantly throughout the construction period.

Given this scenario it would appear that taking this unit may not be good then in short- medium term?

DMCK
07-07-17, 10:18
noise is temporary but view blocked is permanent..

highlander1984
07-07-17, 10:28
noise is temporary but view blocked is permanent..

Right, so basically whether I can live with the block views or not. Thanks

tonymontana
07-07-17, 10:34
Given this scenario it would appear that taking this unit may not be good then in short- medium term?
how to advise la, first depend on individual , and secondly i haven't seen the unit, and thirdly depend how much discount is given.
I have noted some units with really bad layout and facing transacted at about 10% below average prices within same condo (not botannia.)
. the condo looks nice from the road, that's all i can say.
btw, isn't the parc better , location wise?

PropVestor
07-07-17, 10:53
My golden rule is this for own stay. If you do not immediate like it, do not buy it.

Its a feeling you know its right or wrong immediately. I think your senses have already spoken. Such facing is tough to grow on you as you have to face it literally all the time. The amount of discount is directly related to how desperate developer want to let go of it. Why is this unit still around?

These days, you have quite a number of options around. So my advice is to keep looking.

All the best,
PropVestor 2 cents of advice

Fiona2004
07-07-17, 11:31
since it is from the current owner, how do you come out with discount of 7% -7.5%? based on valuation?

Laguna
07-07-17, 13:18
Right, so basically whether I can live with the block views or not. Thanks

To me, it is definitely a NO go no matter how good the discount is. As you need to give higher discount to the next buyer.
I believe, for own stay, I need to get a place I truly like as it is very very costly to turn back or even no turn back...and once, you regret in your choice, you will never be happy in the house.

There are plenty of choices in the market. Just take more time to find one true love. i stay in a place I love so much, and every day is so happy to be at home

highlander1984
07-07-17, 13:23
My golden rule is this for own stay. If you do not immediate like it, do not buy it.

Its a feeling you know its right or wrong immediately. I think your senses have already spoken. Such facing is tough to grow on you as you have to face it literally all the time. The amount of discount is directly related to how desperate developer want to let go of it. Why is this unit still around?

These days, you have quite a number of options around. So my advice is to keep looking.

All the best,
PropVestor 2 cents of advice

This is the tricky portion, the view now is amazing. And which is what that enticed my wife and i. However, that is because parc riveria just started construction. The beautiful sunset and height now over faber side will be gone when parc riveria reaches its full potential. This unit is still around as i believe lots of buyers re turned off by the future blocked view plus many construction. Yes, to keep looking.

highlander1984
07-07-17, 13:25
To me, it is definitely a NO go no matter how good the discount is. As you need to give higher discount to the next buyer.
I believe, for own stay, I need to get a place I truly like as it is very very costly to turn back or even no turn back...and once, you regret in your choice, you will never be happy in the house.

There are plenty of choices in the market. Just take more time to find one true love. i stay in a place I love so much, and every day is so happy to be at home

I agree on that. There were also many rumours flying ard abt the cross island line which the west coast stn will be near parc riveria region. Will this up the future potential if it is indeed near botannia/parc riveria area?.

highlander1984
07-07-17, 13:27
since it is from the current owner, how do you come out with discount of 7% -7.5%? based on valuation?

Some to the agents. At the seller is trying to offload it and may now have to consider discounts at that kind of level to get this unit out. Discount is based on asking, which i feel is already below the recently transacted price at the same psf/height. So rough estimate it is around valuation discount price, plus renovation is done properly. So....

PropVestor
07-07-17, 13:34
I think its pretty clear what you need to do. Happy searching! Keep us posted!

All the best.
PropVestor