PDA

View Full Version : Should I invest in Freehold in D9?

oldfreehold
26-07-17, 13:04
I am interested in some freehold apartment in D9. Would like to buy 2, one for own stay, the other for investment.
Would do partition in the house(big size for those old ones) and rent out by rooms, meanwhile, wait for en bloc. Any recommendations? Pacific mansion , cavengnah gardens, river valley apartment, kim sia court... budget 3.5M for 2.

tonymontana
26-07-17, 15:21
I am interested in some freehold apartment in D9. Would like to buy 2, one for own stay, the other for investment.
Would do partition in the house(big size for those old ones) and rent out by rooms, meanwhile, wait for en bloc. Any recommendations? Pacific mansion , cavengnah gardens, river valley apartment, kim sia court... budget 3.5M for 2.

pacific mansion , euroa asia court. Very run down though. you're competing with some of those landlord who bought their units for 500-600k more than 10 years ago. you can thong the feeling or not?

for rental i think better to get smaller unit at espada.
wait for enbloc - you could be waiting forever, so don't bet everything on it.
own stay - martin modern is pretty nice, actually. but leasehold.
rivergate is nice too.
3.5m to spend eh? wow, you lucky guy.

Arcachon
26-07-17, 15:26
Now many many people money in the Bank can only buy smaller smaller property the longer they wait.

tonymontana
26-07-17, 15:39
the boutiq @ killiney looks ok too. for rental

Laguna
26-07-17, 16:16
pacific mansion , euroa asia court. Very run down though. you're competing with some of those landlord who bought their units for 500-600k more than 10 years ago. you can thong the feeling or not?

for rental i think better to get smaller unit at espada.
wait for enbloc - you could be waiting forever, so don't bet everything on it.
own stay - martin modern is pretty nice, actually. but leasehold.
rivergate is nice too.
3.5m to spend eh? wow, you lucky guy.

Can forget about Pacific Mansion... I think they tried enbloc before and having problems in getting 80%
Rivergate : Nice to stay but not enbloc
Yong Ann is one worth considering

tonymontana
26-07-17, 20:27
good point, Laguna