PDA

View Full Version : House Valuation

TravieJackie
31-07-17, 19:53
Which website gives the closest to bank valuation?

I'm in the midst of selling my house and SRX gives a certain figure and according to agent, the bank gives a figure that is about 6% lesser than SRX.

Of course when we go house viewing, the asking price is 10% more than the SRX valuation.

I'm a newbie, so wanna find out if bank can usually match if 10% higher. Coz agent told me that buyer will have to fork out the difference but I thought banks usually can match it.

TIA!

tonymontana
31-07-17, 20:04
Which website gives the closest to bank valuation?

I'm in the midst of selling my house and SRX gives a certain figure and according to agent, the bank gives a figure that is about 6% lesser than SRX.

Of course when we go house viewing, the asking price is 10% more than the SRX valuation.

I'm a newbie, so wanna find out if bank can usually match if 10% higher. Coz agent told me that buyer will have to fork out the difference but I thought banks usually can match it.

TIA!

I believe The x value changes from month to month. The edgeproperty.com also gives fair value estimates. Bank valuations tend to differ from these platforms.
I would say normally bank will match. I notice DBS tend to be more conservative. Banks are pretty forthright and quick in responding to queries on bank valuation, so just ask around. If a number is bandied about where the banks cannot match, you can be sure that someone's expectations are not in line with the market.
hope this helps, good luck.