PDA

View Full Version : Access Card

Lav123
08-09-17, 12:32
My tenant had ran away with my access cards and main door keys. I had already changed my door key but how about the access cards, do I need to inform the management, will they ask me to pay for it.

frumnat
08-09-17, 14:29
Access card can be easily duplicated.

vip
08-09-17, 15:16
After you change your door lock, you should also inform the mangement office about the missing access cards. If the old access cards are not deactivated, and your ex-tenant uses them to enter the development and do something illegal, you are liable to it.

tonymontana
08-09-17, 18:39
My tenant had ran away with my access cards and main door keys. I had already changed my door key but how about the access cards, do I need to inform the management, will they ask me to pay for it.

normally, you need to pay for replacement access cards, deduct the cost from the deposit.

Arcachon
09-09-17, 16:16

Made a police report first.

If FT, FW made a report at the immigration office, then MOM.

Lav123
09-09-17, 18:06
Can I don't make police report and let the case rest? My agent said that he is returning to his country and even if we want to claim, very difficult. My friend said that police can't do anything because is not criminal case.

Arcachon
09-09-17, 18:15
Can I don't make the police report and let the case rest? My agent said that he is returning to his country and even if we want to claim, very difficult. My friend said that police can't do anything because is not criminal case.

Is your friend a police man, can he give you a black and white what he say and sign on the copy.

tonymontana
10-09-17, 01:22
Can I don't make police report and let the case rest? My agent said that he is returning to his country and even if we want to claim, very difficult. My friend said that police can't do anything because is not criminal case.

it's ok to make a police report. it's just to record your statement. police won't do anything until a crime has been committed, in which case if any crime was perpetrated using your missing access cards, you have got yourself covered.

Or you can just let the case rest, and get new access cards.

No big worry la. If you still holding the security deposit, deduct the replacement costs from that.

otherwise just forget it and concentrate on getting replacement tenants.

Lav123
10-09-17, 10:32
Thank you so much, really appreciate all the advice.