PDA

View Full Version : How easy is it to convert a mickymouse to a temporary 2bedded?

buyer_east
10-12-17, 15:43
For example this type of small apartment where the living room is large enough to put a single bed for visitors, especially when you or your tenant have relatives in another country who wishes to visit.

I put an attachment of the floorplan, how easy is it to add some relocatable wall with doors?

Arcachon
10-12-17, 17:16
For example this type of small apartment where the living room is large enough to put a single bed for visitors, especially when you or your tenant have relatives in another country who wishes to visit.

I put an attachment of the floorplan, how easy is it to add some relocatable wall with doors?

Wrong forum.

Ask google will do.

https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=how+to+convert+one+bedroom+to+two+bedroom&oq=how+to+convert+one+bedroom+to+two+bedroom&aqs=chrome..69i57.10683j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

jwong71
10-12-17, 18:57
Easy. If you don’t mind it’s going to be abit awkward layout with no hall

buyer_east
17-12-17, 16:07
Easy. If you don’t mind it’s going to be abit awkward layout with no hall

Very interesting idea. Can it be done in Singapore?
I thought SG condos very strict over modifications some even don't allow put clothes in the balcony.

jwong71
17-12-17, 18:19
Can be done, just don’t let kapo neighbours complain. Some layout still have space for living hall, even after partition a room.
If prices between 1 bedrm and 1 bedrm + study not much diff. I say take with study, easier on the layout, ventilation, and costs..etc etc etc

Kelonguni
17-12-17, 19:39
Balcony affects exterior presentation of the condo so some may be more particular. But hanging clothes usually no problem.

The interior of the unit is up to you as private owner. But do consider carefully as not all tenants can fit in for the sub bedroom. More for own use.

tonymontana
17-12-17, 21:54
How about soft partitions, like curtains? I think it's doable and it's been in the back of my mind for a while (haven't actually done it, though).

18-12-17, 07:56
I think the older 1 bedders about 700-800 sqft are possible candidates to "turn" into "2 bedders".

xtreme_46
20-12-17, 15:08
Mine is a 452 sqft 1+1
I seal up my study room with concrete cement wall and rent out as a common room
But this type you cannot ask for those normal condo common room pricing since it is smaller

tonymontana
20-12-17, 18:04
i'm guessing it's not actually concrete cement you used , but a drywall for partition.

anythingwhatever
20-12-17, 21:48
i'm guessing it's not actually concrete cement you used , but a drywall for partition.

Not sound proof too... :)

xtreme_46
21-12-17, 09:11
confirm is solid wall cos I got do hacking and laying bricks
but soundproof cos no window type so the door close not bad