PDA

View Full Version : The Florentine @ Florence Road

Pages : [1] 2

Novice
24-06-08, 09:19
Two Apartment blocks housing 34 units of 2 / 2 +1 / 3 / PH with gym, swimming pool, bbq pit and open air car park. TOP : 2010. Located at Florence Road, walking distance to Hougang Stadium. Any comment? :)

ptyhunter
24-06-08, 09:33
Two Apartment blocks housing 34 units of 2 / 2 +1 / 3 / PH with gym, swimming pool, bbq pit and open air car park. TOP : 2010. Located at Florence Road, walking distance to Hougang Stadium. Any comment? :)

Do you have a rough price estimation and smallest floor area for a 3 bedded?

Novice
24-06-08, 10:11

The smallest 3 bedder is 1055 sqft. Based on the latest transacted price from URA website, it's selling at S$853k which rounds to about S$809 psf.

Novice
24-06-08, 12:17
The smallest 3 bedder is 1055 sqft. Based on the latest transacted price from URA website, it's selling at S$853k which rounds to about S$809 psf.

More can be found here...

http://www.redas.com.sg/HTML/showcasing/Florentine/facilities.htm

Comment please.... :)

Ginger
24-06-08, 14:09
More can be found here...

http://www.redas.com.sg/HTML/showcasing/Florentine/facilities.htm

Comment please.... :)

Hmmm... okie lah... just that the location is quite remote lor...

Novice
24-06-08, 15:09
Hmmm... okie lah... just that the location is quite remote lor...

I thought it should be better than Fontaine Parry @ Poh Huat Road West and this 3@ Sandilands which are quite deep right into those Landed areas where you could hardly see the main road not to mention bus-stop? :confused:

registered
24-06-08, 17:45
I thought it should be better than Fontaine Parry @ Poh Huat Road West and this 3@ Sandilands which are quite deep right into those Landed areas where you could hardly see the main road not to mention bus-stop? :confused:

Yes, compared to Fontaine Perry, Florentine is slightly better. But the prices still don't justify the location.

Btw, Fontaine seems slightly better in terms of design and layout.

Mambo1973
29-06-08, 17:31
The Florentine is definitely better than Fountain Parry cos the maintenance fee is lower as the private is taken out of the equations. THe landscape is no doubt very good - but the question remains who has the time to view these landscapes everyday?

The Florentine is cheaper than Fountain Parry and more accessible in terms of main roads and eatery.

Icy Pig
29-06-08, 17:35
The Florentine is definitely better than Fountain Parry cos the maintenance fee is lower as the private is taken out of the equations. THe landscape is no doubt very good - but the question remains who has the time to view these landscapes everyday?

The Florentine is cheaper than Fountain Parry and more accessible in terms of main roads and eatery.

Agreed with the statement above. Fontaine is quite expensive due to the private lift + the lift eats into areas of the living room. The private lift does not allow for direct access to the facilities - one needs to take the lift all the way down to the basement carpark and walk up to the facilities areas.

My husband prefers The Florentine better as it is smaller and more exclusive.

Novice
30-06-08, 11:12
Agreed with the statement above. Fontaine is quite expensive due to the private lift + the lift eats into areas of the living room. The private lift does not allow for direct access to the facilities - one needs to take the lift all the way down to the basement carpark and walk up to the facilities areas.

My husband prefers The Florentine better as it is smaller and more exclusive.

Thanks for highlighting and pointing out their differences. :)

I noticed also that The Florentine has a long bath that most apartments and condos nowsaday don't provide. They only give what is call a sunken bath. We feel it's quite dangerous as the floor of this sunken bath is rough and it's a step down from the ground level. However, I'm not really sure how substantial will it be to maintain this long bath... :doh:

iridrium
04-07-08, 15:29
Thanks for highlighting and pointing out their differences. :)

I noticed also that The Florentine has a long bath that most apartments and condos nowsaday don't provide. They only give what is call a sunken bath. We feel it's quite dangerous as the floor of this sunken bath is rough and it's a step down from the ground level. However, I'm not really sure how substantial will it be to maintain this long bath... :doh:

Ran past Florentine last night. Location-wise, it is definately better and Fontaine Perry, it is located near the junction of Lim Ah Pin and Florence road, a couple of minutes walk from the main road at Hougang Ave 2.

Although the location seems a tad too close to the HDB flats, which are located just next to the development, hence, losing some of the 'exclusivity feel'.

rangoon
05-07-08, 00:09
Ran past Florentine last night. Location-wise, it is definately better and Fontaine Perry, it is located near the junction of Lim Ah Pin and Florence road, a couple of minutes walk from the main road at Hougang Ave 2.

Although the location seems a tad too close to the HDB flats, which are located just next to the development, hence, losing some of the 'exclusivity feel'.

Wait till you see some new property in rangoon rd. and you will appreciate this developement.

Novice
05-07-08, 23:45
Wait till you see some new property in rangoon rd. and you will appreciate this developement.

New property in Rangoon Road won't be so bad right? You sound as if it's definitely NOT a good buy as compared to The Florentine.... :scared-5:

Not worth it
08-07-08, 17:48
For the high psf and remote area, not worth investing...look elsewhere for greener pastures

10-07-08, 08:42
maybe better for u to take a look at kovan residences ... a project of different class in mass market location at mass market prices ... check it out

Novice
10-07-08, 09:42
maybe better for u to take a look at kovan residences ... a project of different class in mass market location at mass market prices ... check it out

Thanks. But Kovan Residences got too many units (512 units if I'm not wrong!) and it's a leasehold of 99 years while The Florentine only got 34 units and a leasehold of 999 years, almost equivalent to Freehold. Their prices psf is almost comparable. Well, will go down to the showflat of this Kovan Residences to take a look probably this weekend. :)

D'pavilion
10-07-08, 10:15
Thanks. But Kovan Residences got too many units (512 units if I'm not wrong!) and it's a leasehold of 99 years while The Florentine only got 34 units and a leasehold of 999 years, almost equivalent to Freehold. Their prices psf is almost comparable. Well, will go down to the showflat of this Kovan Residences to take a look probably this weekend. :)

Check out D'Pavilion..FH and near Kovan MRT.

iridrium
10-07-08, 10:19

Mass market prices??? $850psf- $900psf is mass market prices???

Think D'Pavillion is a better buy. It is freehold too.

Unregistered2
10-07-08, 10:55
Mass market prices??? $850psf- $900psf is mass market prices???

Think D'Pavillion is a better buy. It is freehold too.

anyone has details about D'Pavilion? any thread on it?

Novice
14-07-08, 14:42
anyone has details about D'Pavilion? any thread on it?

Visited the showflat for D'Pavillion. They run out of catalogs. :doh: Agent is the same as The Florentine... by HSR. Price is a bit high... > S$950 psf. 2 blocks of apartment housing 50 units in total. Agent said that the finishing is good and can compare to those of The Florentine. The layout is great as the developer did use their brain in defining the layout. As for price, it'll be better to consider The Florentine as they still have not official launch it yet. The Florentine is building their showflat now and once it's done and launched officially, the selling price will definitely goes up... Dunno if I should take his words and go for The Florentine... Any advise? Thanks. :)

No lah
14-07-08, 18:05
Visited the showflat for D'Pavillion. They run out of catalogs. :doh: Agent is the same as The Florentine... by HSR. Price is a bit high... > S$950 psf. 2 blocks of apartment housing 50 units in total. Agent said that the finishing is good and can compare to those of The Florentine. The layout is great as the developer did use their brain in defining the layout. As for price, it'll be better to consider The Florentine as they still have not official launch it yet. The Florentine is building their showflat now and once it's done and launched officially, the selling price will definitely goes up... Dunno if I should take his words and go for The Florentine... Any advise? Thanks. :)

If i were you, I would skip Kovan area....if u drive, the stretch of roads jams every evening...and would be worsen once all these new developments brings in new blood of residents....unless u take MRT, then can still consider

Novice
18-07-08, 22:36
The Florentine launching this weekend, 19/7 (Sat). Heard from HSR that it is the cheapest in D19 with Leasehold of 999years - almost equivalent to FreeHold. T.O.P somewhere in March 2010. Average selling price is S$700 psf.

propertyinvestor
19-07-08, 08:05
The Florentine launching this weekend, 19/7 (Sat). Heard from HSR that it is the cheapest in D19 with Leasehold of 999years - almost equivalent to FreeHold. T.O.P somewhere in March 2010. Average selling price is S$700 psf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptyhunter

[quote=Novice]The smallest 3 bedder is 1055 sqft. Based on the latest transacted price from URA website, it's selling at S$853k which rounds to about S$809 psf.

I thought in your previous posting the URA transacted price is around S$809. Is there a price adjustment now? Or the $700psf is meant for a huge Penthouse? Thanks

Novice
19-07-08, 23:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptyhunter

[quote=Novice]The smallest 3 bedder is 1055 sqft. Based on the latest transacted price from URA website, it's selling at S$853k which rounds to about S$809 psf.

I thought in your previous posting the URA transacted price is around S$809. Is there a price adjustment now? Or the $700psf is meant for a huge Penthouse? Thanks

U ask me? How I know?? :doh: I'm not the agent who is managing The Florentine neither am I the developer! The quoted price are from URA website. U can always verify it from there. As for the $700 psf, I only receive the news from the agent yesterday. I also dunno is it for Penthouse of what.... maybe you can go down to their showflat to verify and enlighten me? :)

Unregistered11
23-07-08, 16:07
anyone visited the showflat last weekend? kind to share the latest pricing?

ET
24-07-08, 07:08
The prices range from 820-880psf. Penthouse priced very attractively at even 649psf in the listing I saw from the marketing agent HSR but as of last Sunday, all snapped up on Saturday launch.

Bought a 1184 sqft unit pool view at 840psf. Like the Master Bed room a lot with Bay windows and "L" shape design such that when you walk in through the door, one don't get to see the bed. Balcony stretched across living room to the other 2 bedrooms. Stamp duties waived by developer Roxy homes.

Novice
26-07-08, 23:00
The prices range from 820-880psf. Penthouse priced very attractively at even 649psf in the listing I saw from the marketing agent HSR but as of last Sunday, all snapped up on Saturday launch.

Bought a 1184 sqft unit pool view at 840psf. Like the Master Bed room a lot with Bay windows and "L" shape design such that when you walk in through the door, one don't get to see the bed. Balcony stretched across living room to the other 2 bedrooms. Stamp duties waived by developer Roxy homes.

Many congrates in getting a unit. :) Heard that the sales are quite good. :tsk-tsk: As of Wednesday, 23/07, a total of about 22 units out of the 34 units have been snapped up. Saw the full page advertisement again today, wonder how's the sales like...

Really fancy the unique boutique living unlike those huge condo projects which seems like a mini HDB! With its small number of cosy occupants (only 34 units) and its near to main road, Hougang Ave 2 where across the road, you'll find stadium and swimming pools not forgetting the 4D booth. :ashamed1:

Flowers
29-07-08, 14:55
Does Florentine means the developer going to plant lots of flowers around this project?

Anyway, does anyone know what is the difference between a Condo and an Apartment? Florentine is defined as apartment. So can it be sold to foreigners?

And how's the sales right now? $800 plus psf for District 19 freehold....is it overvalued?

Unregister
29-07-08, 22:13
Apartments are smaller developments and do not have full condo facilities such as tennis court, swimming pool, gym, playground, BBQ pit etc etc. An apartment may only have couple of the mentioned facilities at most.

Apartments are usually lower in psf when compared to a similar age condo in the same neighbourhood.

private apartments like private condo allows foreign ownership but not entire development can be owned by foreigners. At least 1 unit got to be owned by a local.

new projects in D19 like Kovan Residences are already more than 800 psf. with inflation, high land cost, high construction cost, etc, how low can the developers go?

personally, I will not buy as I neither find the price nor the location of this project attractive.

Does Florentine means the developer going to plant lots of flowers around this project?

Anyway, does anyone know what is the difference between a Condo and an Apartment? Florentine is defined as apartment. So can it be sold to foreigners?

And how's the sales right now? $800 plus psf for District 19 freehold....is it overvalued?

Dark Knight
30-07-08, 07:54
Heard from the agent that they managed to sell off another 5 units over the recent weekend...which means only left around 7 units out of a total of 34. The high price is partly because of it being freehold.

Small and cosy ambienece....which maybe the reason why many people bought it. Good or not so good maybe subjective. A walk down Florence road and pass Simon Lane will bring you to Punggol Nasi Lemak. The Bai Jia Chinese restaurant also serve good cusine. Also got Selegie Beancurd. And near Hougang Ave 2 main road and bus stop....so think better than Fountain Parry. Else one family may need to own 2 cars as not convenient.

Novice
30-07-08, 17:34
Heard from the agent that they managed to sell off another 5 units over the recent weekend...which means only left around 7 units out of a total of 34. The high price is partly because of it being freehold.

Small and cosy ambienece....which maybe the reason why many people bought it. Good or not so good maybe subjective. A walk down Florence road and pass Simon Lane will bring you to Punggol Nasi Lemak. The Bai Jia Chinese restaurant also serve good cusine. Also got Selegie Beancurd. And near Hougang Ave 2 main road and bus stop....so think better than Fountain Parry. Else one family may need to own 2 cars as not convenient.

Wow! u seems to be very familiar with that place. :) By the way, from what I understand, The Florentine is not Freehold. It's 999 LeaseHold. You can say equivalent to Freehold lar. http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/icons/icon6.gif Really hope HSR are able to sell off all the rest of the units fast so that construction can start. http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/icons/icon12.gif Am I right to say that you've got yourself a unit at The Florentine?

Dark Knight
31-07-08, 04:55
Wow! u seems to be very familiar with that place. :) By the way, from what I understand, The Florentine is not Freehold. It's 999 LeaseHold. You can say equivalent to Freehold lar. http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/icons/icon6.gif Really hope HSR are able to sell off all the rest of the units fast so that construction can start. http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/icons/icon12.gif Am I right to say that you've got yourself a unit at The Florentine?

Hi Novice,

Roxy Homes listed down The Florentine as a Freehold development on eProperty. http://www.redas.com/html/eProperty/resid/sale_resid.asp?no=6291. Anyway, yup, bought a unit there over the weekend after viewing other projects in the area. Design wise, it is definitely better than some of the bigger developments in the neighbourhood.

Well, many of my friends had told me the location and pricing for this project sucks...but my future wife and I think it is good value for money....again, views are subjective. Construction cost in the long term will only go up due to rising prices of raw materials and rapid building work in China and India. Just back from Chennai and revised budget contract for company facilities work due to rocketing steel prices.

Are you also a owner of The Florentine? Buying for investment or own stay?

Novice
31-07-08, 15:12
Hi Novice,

Roxy Homes listed down The Florentine as a Freehold development on eProperty. http://www.redas.com/html/eProperty/resid/sale_resid.asp?no=6291 (http://forums.condosingapore.com/). Anyway, yup, bought a unit there over the weekend after viewing other projects in the area. Design wise, it is definitely better than some of the bigger developments in the neighbourhood.

Well, many of my friends had told me the location and pricing for this project sucks...but my future wife and I think it is good value for money....again, views are subjective. Construction cost in the long term will only go up due to rising prices of raw materials and rapid building work in China and India. Just back from Chennai and revised budget contract for company facilities work due to rocketing steel prices.

Are you also a owner of The Florentine? Buying for investment or own stay?

Hi Dark Knight, congrates for getting a unit. :cheers1: Yup. Have got a unit too. :) Still not sure whether to stay or invest. :confused: Will see how the situation goes...

Mambo1973
31-07-08, 15:29
Hi Novice, Dark Knight & ET,

Congratulations and guess we can have a welcome party when we got our keys to The Florentine by 2011. Same as Dark Knight, me and my wife loved it when we first saw Florentine, an exclusive & boutique type of condo, where we can find peace and quite after a stress day at work. Another beauty is definitely able to know most of our neighbors and get together.

Cheers!

Novice
31-07-08, 15:40
Hi Novice, Dark Knight & ET,

Congratulations and guess we can have a welcome party when we got our keys to The Florentine by 2011. Same as Dark Knight, me and my wife loved it when we first saw Florentine, an exclusive & boutique type of condo, where we can find peace and quite after a stress day at work. Another beauty is definitely able to know most of our neighbors and get together.

Cheers!

Hi Mambo1973, congrates to you too. :) Heard from the HSR Agent that we might get the keys as early as March 2010 which is about 1 year plus from now... Hope we are able to keep in touch and get to know each other more even well before we start shifting in... :cheers1:

Dark Knight
01-08-08, 05:02
Hi Mambo1973, congrats to you too. :) Heard from the HSR Agent that we might get the keys as early as March 2010 which is about 1 year plus from now... Hope we are able to keep in touch and get to know each other more even well before we start shifting in... :cheers1:

Hi Mambo1973 and Novice, congrats to both of you for being the new owners of your units at Florentine. So it looks like the HSR agents not bluffing when they said many units were sold off within 2 weeks.

Do you guys happen to know what will be the ground floors for the different "stacks" used for? I counted only 2 units of ground floor level at stack 7 and 8. The rest seems to be empty.

Wow
01-08-08, 09:57
Dear all,

I have a florentine penthouse (1787sqft) for subsale. Going for 1.28mil neg which is relatively cheap (717 psf) compare to other development in D19. If interested, please give me a call @ 91138455. We can discuss from there.

Novice
01-08-08, 10:06
Hi Mambo1973 and Novice, congrats to both of you for being the new owners of your units at Florentine. So it looks like the HSR agents not bluffing when they said many units were sold off within 2 weeks.

Do you guys happen to know what will be the ground floors for the different "stacks" used for? I counted only 2 units of ground floor level at stack 7 and 8. The rest seems to be empty.

Hi Dark Knight, if I remembered correctly, the rest should be for car parks as The Florentine is surfaced parking. Also, not forgetting the gym which will occupy certain floor area. :)

Dark Knight
01-08-08, 13:37
Hi Dark Knight, if I remembered correctly, the rest should be for car parks as The Florentine is surfaced parking. Also, not forgetting the gym which will occupy certain floor area. :)

Hi Novice, thanks a lot.

Hmmmm.....someone selling away Florentine Penthouse unit even before construction....naughty naughty.

Kudos
04-08-08, 17:58

Kudos to u bro, for the same amt of money, I bgt a penthse in D15 and bigger size.

The Dark Knight
05-08-08, 05:43
Kudos to u bro, for the same amt of money, I bgt a penthse in D15 and bigger size.

Hi Kudos, District 15 you are referring to Marine Parade and Tanjong Rhu? If Marine Parade and Tanjong Rhu, then congrats to you as it is really a bargain but I doubt it. Marine Parade freehold properties you cannot get a $1Mil Penthouse...you must be dreaming...unless the previous owner owe money to loan sharks and have to liquidate assets thus sell off at low prices.

Bigger and cheapo do not mean better. For a mere $650K, I can even show you how to get a bigger and some more landed property. So which property and area you got it? Anyway, you can post up your bargain purchase in district 15 discussion thread. Talk is cheap.

Kudos
05-08-08, 17:50
Hi Kudos, District 15 you are referring to Marine Parade and Tanjong Rhu? If Marine Parade and Tanjong Rhu, then congrats to you as it is really a bargain but I doubt it. Marine Parade freehold properties you cannot get a $1Mil Penthouse...you must be dreaming...unless the previous owner owe money to loan sharks and have to liquidate assets thus sell off at low prices.

Bigger and cheapo do not mean better. For a mere $650K, I can even show you how to get a bigger and some more landed property. So which property and area you got it? Anyway, you can post up your bargain purchase in district 15 discussion thread. Talk is cheap.

Hi Dark Knight, I treat this as an indirect compliment cos the truth speaks for itself if u just bother to look at the caveat lodge...and to disappoint u, mine is new and yet to TOP. I also know $650K can buy a piece of land but qns is where and how old is the hse? I can also tell u for less than $1M, one can buy a landed refurbished landed hse in paya lebar. One just hv to be diligent to hunt around. No free lunches especially nowadays where rice price is 40% higher.

Dark Knight
05-08-08, 21:11
Hi Dark Knight, I treat this as an indirect compliment cos the truth speaks for itself if u just bother to look at the caveat lodge...and to disappoint u, mine is new and yet to TOP. I also know $650K can buy a piece of land but qns is where and how old is the hse? I can also tell u for less than $1M, one can buy a landed refurbished landed hse in paya lebar. One just hv to be diligent to hunt around. No free lunches especially nowadays where rice price is 40% higher.

Just wondering why you even bother to post in this topic. Show off your no free lunch theory and to impress us that you got a cheapo condo? And we still don't know which property you referring to after your property Guru speech.....haha.

And please don't bother to post whatever project you purchased, not interested to know. This is a discussion thread for North East projects.

Kudos
06-08-08, 18:37
Just wondering why you even bother to post in this topic. Show off your no free lunch theory and to impress us that you got a cheapo condo? And we still don't know which property you referring to after your property Guru speech.....haha.

And please don't bother to post whatever project you purchased, not interested to know. This is a discussion thread for North East projects.

Well, I jus dun see why NE projects should fetch that kinda psf although I currently stay in NE and have been here for more than 20 yrs. Is there a restriction that one cannot post in NE projects if he bgt a unit in other district? Do you own the webbie, Batman? Or are you the joker in disguise?

As I said, kudos to u if u bgt a unit here cos there are better ways to spend money and I know it hurts deep inside u of being crowned as the robert head.

Novice
07-08-08, 09:29
Well, I jus dun see why NE projects should fetch that kinda psf although I currently stay in NE and have been here for more than 20 yrs. Is there a restriction that one cannot post in NE projects if he bgt a unit in other district? Do you own the webbie, Batman? Or are you the joker in disguise?

As I said, kudos to u if u bgt a unit here cos there are better ways to spend money and I know it hurts deep inside u of being crowned as the robert head.

Hi Dark Knight and Kudos,

Congratulations to u, Kudos, for getting a bigger unit at a cheaper rate elsewhere. :) Of course, with that kind of $$, we can hunt around to get a better unit but sometimes, it's juz the sentiments and the first sight which we don't mind to part with our $$ to get what we want. We have no regrets in getting our unit so far, agree, Dark Knight? http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/icons/icon6.gif

All I can say is different people got different preferences and perception. Just imagine, recently, there's someone paying almost $700k for a four room HDB flat at Queensway or something... Do you think HDB will fetch so high a price??? :confused: Other than this, people are paying $690k for a "Condo-like" HDB flat situated at AMK St 52 which wasn't a stone throw away from the AMK Hub nor is it near MRT! "Condo-like" u know, it's not even a Condo! No security guard, no private car park and worst, the so-call roof park - thought there's some privacy but can also be accessible to the public! So, everybody got their own preference, people juz don't mind about the kind of price they are paying! Maybe they juz like it and buy it for stay? Not like you, should I say, buy and flip... :tongue3:

Dark Knight
07-08-08, 10:57
Hi Dark Knight and Kudos,

Congratulations to u, Kudos, for getting a bigger unit at a cheaper rate elsewhere. :) Of course, with that kind of $$, we can hunt around to get a better unit but sometimes, it's juz the sentiments and the first sight which we don't mind to part with our $$ to get what we want. We have no regrets in getting our unit so far, agree, Dark Knight? http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/icons/icon6.gif

All I can say is different people got different preferences and perception. Just imagine, recently, there's someone paying almost $700k for a four room HDB flat at Queensway or something... Do you think HDB will fetch so high a price??? :confused: Other than this, people are paying $690k for a "Condo-like" HDB flat situated at AMK St 52 which wasn't a stone throw away from the AMK Hub nor is it near MRT! "Condo-like" u know, it's not even a Condo! No security guard, no private car park and worst, the so-call roof park - thought there's some privacy but can also be accessible to the public! So, everybody got their own preference, people juz don't mind about the kind of price they are paying! Maybe they juz like it and buy it for stay? Not like you, should I say, buy and flip... :tongue3:

Hi Novice, good to see you drop in. Just ignore the distraction from The Kudos (maybe that is the property name he bought?). Met a lot of such smart Alec in my working life going around telling people that he got a better deal and such person also normally suffer from fundamental attribution error personality. Anyway, they thrive on attention, so dun entertain him too much. Let the rabbie dog go barking non-stop bah.

Happy that bought the Florentine. I still think it is a good deal in view of the new projects in NE area. Have you been to Cecil street already to settle the admin part?

Novice
07-08-08, 13:31
Hi Novice, good to see you drop in. Just ignore the distraction from The Kudos (maybe that is the property name he bought?). Met a lot of such smart Alec in my working life going around telling people that he got a better deal and such person also normally suffer from fundamental attribution error personality. Anyway, they thrive on attention, so dun entertain him too much. Let the rabbie dog go barking non-stop bah.

Happy that bought the Florentine. I still think it is a good deal in view of the new projects in NE area. Have you been to Cecil street already to settle the admin part?

Hi Dark Knight, great to hear from you. :) Yup, have settled the admin stuff. What about you? Is your lawyer same as mine, Mr. Tan Chuan Yong oso? :rolleyes:

Well, whether The Florentine is a good deal or not, I'm not really sure and also doesn't really matters. I believe we have done our homework on Property searching, thus ending up, The Florentine is the best buy to us. :) As I have always tell my wife... since we already buy it, it's definitely something which we feel we like it in terms of design, funishings, space, locality, etc. Nobody can predict how the property market will go, even if it falls, then be it lor. What can we do, since we've already bought it, right? ;) So long as we are not that hard up for $$$, wanting eargerly to flip the property. Or what people say, "holding power". It should be fine.... agree? :cool: Maybe we should talk more via Email? You can always Email me at [email protected] (http://forums.condosingapore.com/) :cheers1:

Wolverine
07-08-08, 14:36
Been the showflat....interior furnishing is lousy other than the marble flooring in the living hall. The laminates used for all the carpentry work looks really cheapo. The kitchen su*ks IMHO. Wasted space on the balcony. If one of the bedrm hasn't been hacked, the living hall looks real cramped. So ended up function like a 2 bdroom instead of 3. The back was surrounded by HDB flat.

I was quoted $800+ psf for a 3 bdrm like someone mentioned it before. Conclusion: I think there are better choices in the same area. Maybe add a bit more to buy Charlton Villas or Top Residence - Cluster Terrace 2700 sq ft which is more worth the $$$!!!

Anyway, gd luck to the owners. Cherish your new home, stay as long as u want, cos chances of letting go next time at higher prices looks unpromising.

The Dark Knight
07-08-08, 17:39
Hi Novice,

Oh ya, same. Tan Chuan Yong. :) haha...drop U a mail this weekend bah. And yup....my future wife and I also love the Florentine a lot a lot. Beautiful place and quiet neighbourhood.....except for occasional rabies dog barking outside maybe? :p

Winner
07-08-08, 21:37
Hi Dark Knight n Novice,I went to the Florentine showroom.My wife loves the place esp the spacious balcony that leads to the 2 common bdrooms.What a unique design.Also,heard that buyers hv the option to convert the master bdroom bathtub to a shower room.Overall,its a nice place....

The Dark Knight
08-08-08, 12:29
Hi Dark Knight n Novice,I went to the Florentine showroom.My wife loves the place esp the spacious balcony that leads to the 2 common bdrooms.What a unique design.Also,heard that buyers hv the option to convert the master bdroom bathtub to a shower room.Overall,its a nice place....

Hi Winner,

Nice to see you dropping by in this thread. the design for Florentine units is indeed special. Are you and your wife looking around and going to purchase a property in the North East area?

Winner
08-08-08, 19:28
Yes, we are.Congrate to you for purchasing a 3 bed room at The Florentine.Its indeed very exclusive.Heard that during the pre-launched,all the ground and top-floor units had been snapped up.Impressiveee.

Wow
08-08-08, 22:22
Dear all,

I have a florentine penthouse (1787sqft) for subsale. Going for 1.28mil neg which is relatively cheap (717 psf) compare to other development in D19. If interested, please give me a call @ 91138455. We can discuss from there.

Unregistered6877
09-08-08, 20:32
Been the showflat....interior furnishing is lousy other than the marble flooring in the living hall. The laminates used for all the carpentry work looks really cheapo. The kitchen su*ks IMHO. Wasted space on the balcony. If one of the bedrm hasn't been hacked, the living hall looks real cramped. So ended up function like a 2 bdroom instead of 3. The back was surrounded by HDB flat.

I was quoted $800+ psf for a 3 bdrm like someone mentioned it before. Conclusion: I think there are better choices in the same area. Maybe add a bit more to buy Charlton Villas or Top Residence - Cluster Terrace 2700 sq ft which is more worth the $$$!!!

Anyway, gd luck to the owners. Cherish your new home, stay as long as u want, cos chances of letting go next time at higher prices looks unpromising.

Been there, seen there, felt there. Agreed with u 100%!

Decor
10-08-08, 08:59
Liked this development tremendously-Awesome. The large balcony which spreads across the living room and bedrooms is simply awesome and offer a refreshing feel for residents in the unit. For those that think planters and balcony are a waste of space, then this is not for you. Wanted to buy three bedroom unit facing pool but was told by Agent that left second floor only which comes with an Open Terrace outside the Master bedroom. However, just don't like Master with no Bay Window and too near ground floor for second floor units.

Overall a decent home. Those who bought early and cherry picked probably got the best units and deal. The sales of so many units within such short moments since official launch is amazing.

Mambo1973
12-08-08, 00:08
Hi Novice, DK,

Don't bother what the rest commented on Florentine, as long as we love this place, it will be worth it as we are paying for what we love, right? Especially so to me and my wife, we fall in love with this place not only because of it is exclusive but also the road name, Florence Road, because my wife is named Florence! Haha... this give my wife a very good reason to buy this property and no one can dispute this... hahaha.

One very interesting thing to share with both of you (don't know whether both of you know about it), the toilet bowls are anti-slam which is rather cool to us... hahaha. For us, we have converted the masterbed room long bath into a standing shower cos my wife don't like to have long bath....

Both of us can't wait to collect our keys to our unit! Cheers!

ultimate
12-08-08, 15:14
Hi guys,I have a unit too.Love the extended balcony all the way to the other bed rooms.Walking distance to maka places like Nasi Lemark and porridge joints.
As for the furnishings,its up to std to me ,unless you want gold furnishings.Simly love this place.

Mambo1973
14-08-08, 18:06
Let's all the new owners of Florentine in this forum find a time to get together - and chat. It will be a good start to establish our friendships in order to eliminate disputes 15 years later when the en-bloc sales occur...kekekeke..

But seriously, we should meet up one day!

Unregistere
14-08-08, 19:46
May I know do they have 2 bed room?? Staying alone so looking for something small. :)

ultimate
14-08-08, 21:39
Yes,they do have 2 bed rooms ,also 2+1 bed rooms.For the 2 bed rooms,its balcony streches from the living room all the way to just 1 of the common room, unlike the 3 bed rooms where it extends to 2 common rooms. It faces the pool as well.But not sure if theres any 2 bed rooms left.You can check it out at the showroom.All the best....

The Dark Knight
14-08-08, 21:59
Hi Novice, DK,

Don't bother what the rest commented on Florentine, as long as we love this place, it will be worth it as we are paying for what we love, right? Especially so to me and my wife, we fall in love with this place not only because of it is exclusive but also the road name, Florence Road, because my wife is named Florence! Haha... this give my wife a very good reason to buy this property and no one can dispute this... hahaha.

One very interesting thing to share with both of you (don't know whether both of you know about it), the toilet bowls are anti-slam which is rather cool to us... hahaha. For us, we have converted the masterbed room long bath into a standing shower cos my wife don't like to have long bath....

Both of us can't wait to collect our keys to our unit! Cheers!

Hi Mambo, long time never hear from you liao! haha...how have you been? Wow, your beloved wife must be very pleased with Florentine. Imagine all your wife's friends will probably be able to recall the new address easily as Florence stay at the Florentine in Florence road...haha...quite cool. Oh ya...my future wife also very impressed by the toilet seat cover which moves slowly down instead of slamming down. You and your wife very sharp and observant wor...haha....I did not even notice it while at the showflat until wifey points out to me.

Congrats to Ultimate for purchasing your Florentine unit. Punggol Nasi Lemak is fantastic. But I need to cut down as putting on weight.

Just wondering which stack you guys staying in. I am staying in Stack 7. Novice, very long never hear from you also. :p

From what I know, 2 bedroom units still available. The Florentine is small but gives the kind of cosy feel. Looking forward to walk up and down the long balcony when it TOP in 2011.

Unregistere
15-08-08, 04:39
Yes,they do have 2 bed rooms ,also 2+1 bed rooms.For the 2 bed rooms,its balcony streches from the living room all the way to just 1 of the common room, unlike the 3 bed rooms where it extends to 2 common rooms. It faces the pool as well.But not sure if theres any 2 bed rooms left.You can check it out at the showroom.All the best....

Thank you guys. Will Go down later to check out.. Hope the price not too ex..

Novice
18-08-08, 16:02
Let's all the new owners of Florentine in this forum find a time to get together - and chat. It will be a good start to establish our friendships in order to eliminate disputes 15 years later when the en-bloc sales occur...kekekeke..

But seriously, we should meet up one day!

Hi Mambo1973, I second your idea of meeting up one of these days. http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/icons/icon14.gif :cheers1:

Novice
18-08-08, 16:09
Hi Mambo, long time never hear from you liao! haha...how have you been? Wow, your beloved wife must be very pleased with Florentine. Imagine all your wife's friends will probably be able to recall the new address easily as Florence stay at the Florentine in Florence road...haha...quite cool. Oh ya...my future wife also very impressed by the toilet seat cover which moves slowly down instead of slamming down. You and your wife very sharp and observant wor...haha....I did not even notice it while at the showflat until wifey points out to me.

Congrats to Ultimate for purchasing your Florentine unit. Punggol Nasi Lemak is fantastic. But I need to cut down as putting on weight.

Just wondering which stack you guys staying in. I am staying in Stack 7. Novice, very long never hear from you also. :p

From what I know, 2 bedroom units still available. The Florentine is small but gives the kind of cosy feel. Looking forward to walk up and down the long balcony when it TOP in 2011.

Hi Dark Knight, so u start to miss me liao arh :ashamed1: Juz kidding here. :tongue3: Well, mine is in Stack 5. (2 Bedroom + Study) How about the rest?

Should be quite fast that u can walk up and down the long balcony lar... No need to wait till 2011. Earliest according to the agent is somewhere 1st quarter of 2010... :cool:

Winner
18-08-08, 22:13
Congrats Novice! You bought Stack 05 during the pre-launched and had gotten a discount.Stack 05 was all snapped up in fact.
I just bought 1 unit at Stack 01. Had wanted Stack that faces pool,but was told by agent that these Stacks had been sold out,while 2 units have been 'booked' by 2 keen buyers,pending August month to be over.But I still like my unit,due to its serenity and away from the bustles of city life,yet within Kovan Heartland's area.:)

The Dark Knight
19-08-08, 05:46
Congrats Novice! You bought Stack 05 during the pre-launched and had gotten a discount.Stack 05 was all snapped up in fact.
I just bought 1 unit at Stack 01. Had wanted Stack that faces pool,but was told by agent that these Stacks had been sold out,while 2 units have been 'booked' by 2 keen buyers,pending August month to be over.But I still like my unit,due to its serenity and away from the bustles of city life,yet within Kovan Heartland's area.:)

Hi Winner! Congrats to you for getting a unit. I see that after looking around, you finally decided on getting Florentine. Very well said, that it is "serene and far away from the bustles of City Life". For me, this project kind of evokes a holiday resort feel. :) Anyone got updates on how many units of Florentine left?

Novice
19-08-08, 09:24
Hi Winner and Dark Knight,

Congratulations to Winner for getting a unit @ The Florentine and welcome to The Florentine family. :) Stack 1 is quite unique that it oversees all the Landed Properties and it really gives u a feeling of exclusivity. It's okay for not getting a pool, pros and cons lar. So, Dark Knight, you're having a 3 Bedroom which have a direct pool view from your living room right? That's cool. :cool:

So far, the last update I have is... The Florentine still left with 5 to 6 units. That's before the Chinese 7th month which is somewhere end July 2008. Anybody got the latest figures?

Wow
19-08-08, 20:17
Dear all,

Novice
20-08-08, 15:14
Dear all,

Hi Wow, congratulations for getting a Penthouse unit @ The Florentine but sad to hear that you are going to sell away... :( Can see that you are very eager to get rid of it. Maybe you wanna try some other property websites? Or maybe you might even wanna engage a property agent to do it for you? You might need to be fast as everybody is saying Recession is coming and you might not fetch a good price thereafter.

Cheapstake
20-08-08, 18:31
Dear all,

It is strange, this WOW Flipper has money to buy Penthouse but want to save money to hire property agent to help sell his Penthouse? Or is Wow an agent?

Unlikely
20-08-08, 22:45
Hi Wow, congratulations for getting a Penthouse unit @ The Florentine but sad to hear that you are going to sell away... :( Can see that you are very eager to get rid of it. Maybe you wanna try some other property websites? Or maybe you might even wanna engage a property agent to do it for you? You might need to be fast as everybody is saying Recession is coming and you might not fetch a good price thereafter.

Whether there is a recession or not, it is unlikely to dump this unit even at break-even price. Gd luck!

ultimate
21-08-08, 14:06
Hey guys,graciousness is always a virtue,just like what my alumni had taught me when I was in school.Why pass comments abt its resales ability.Lets not spark off an issue in this Florentine's thread.Welcome to all The Florentine's owners.

The Dark Knight
24-08-08, 06:11
Saw in ST the advertisement for Florentine again. I think HSR and Roxy aggressive in selling off the remaining units. Was just wondering, besides the main entrance, will there be another side entrance built into this project?

Novice
29-08-08, 08:51
Whether there is a recession or not, it is unlikely to dump this unit even at break-even price. Gd luck!

Prove him wrong, Wow. :) Ghost Month is ending soon. Buyers will be back to flock the market. Do more homework and get your unit sold fast fast, Wow and tell this Unlikely loud that you have made it at an above average price. All the very best to you, Wow. :)

Novice
29-08-08, 08:53
Hey guys,graciousness is always a virtue,just like what my alumni had taught me when I was in school.Why pass comments abt its resales ability.Lets not spark off an issue in this Florentine's thread.Welcome to all The Florentine's owners.

Well said, Ultimate. :) I like your style. :cheers1: :cool:

Novice
29-08-08, 08:59
Saw in ST the advertisement for Florentine again. I think HSR and Roxy aggressive in selling off the remaining units. Was just wondering, besides the main entrance, will there be another side entrance built into this project?

Saw the ads too. It shrinks in size since the first two ads which is a full page wan. Wonder why they didn't save the bullet and fire it this weekend instead as Ghost Month is drawing to an end. :confused: In fact they can also dun advertise as there's only 6 or less units to go. Maybe they should hang on to these units and sell them during T.O.P. which will reap better profits.

Not really sure if there's any side entrance besides the main entrance. Anyone got any idea?

twinkle
02-09-08, 22:52
Hi All

I got a unit there too. really like the place. I agreed with how winner describe the location.

Jus had dinner at the corner fried oyster coffee shop along Simon rd . The walk to Koven MRT is about 0.5 km only. The location is such that i could describe as exclusive living area but yet convinent for the rest of the non driver family members. U are very near to the bus stops heading AMK.

really hope to move in there soon....

Dark Knight
03-09-08, 08:53
Hi All

I got a unit there too. really like the place. I agreed with how winner describe the location.

Jus had dinner at the corner fried oyster coffee shop along Simon rd . The walk to Koven MRT is about 0.5 km only. The location is such that i could describe as exclusive living area but yet convinent for the rest of the non driver family members. U are very near to the bus stops heading AMK.

really hope to move in there soon....

Hi Twinkle, congrats to you for owning a unit at Florentine! When did you you purchase your unit? I am also very excited and waiting for Roxy Homes to complete this project. Maybe once TOP we can get Novice, Mambo and Ultimate and other Florentine owners to have fried Oyster together at the Kopi Tiam.

twinkle
03-09-08, 20:36
i booked my unit two weeks ago. yes it is going to be a small florentine community and we can organise such makan session

Novice
04-09-08, 16:25
i booked my unit two weeks ago. yes it is going to be a small florentine community and we can organise such makan session

Hi Twinkle, congrates to you for getting a unit and welcome to The Florentine. :) So which Stack have you purchase?

Hi Dark Knight, definitely looking forward to have Fried Oyster with all of you at the Kopi Tiam. :cheers1: So far, they still left with another 4 more units to be sold. Wonder when they will tear down the Showflat and start pilling works... :confused:

Dark Knight
05-09-08, 13:51
Hi Twinkle, congrates to you for getting a unit and welcome to The Florentine. :) So which Stack have you purchase?

Hi Dark Knight, definitely looking forward to have Fried Oyster with all of you at the Kopi Tiam. :cheers1: So far, they still left with another 4 more units to be sold. Wonder when they will tear down the Showflat and start pilling works... :confused:

Hullo Novice! Thanks for the update. 4 more units to go ar....this is prettz amazing....for them to achieve close to 90% sales within 2 mths of marketing. Just received call from law firm, need to go down again to complete rest of the form signing.

twinkle
06-09-08, 16:26
Novice

mine at stack 2. same design as yours.

i was thinking that we can bulk buy washer/dryer together as florentine community. and get better price. hahaha

Wow
07-09-08, 19:46
Dear all,

Thanks for all your encouragement. I still think mass market condo got its demand and potential despite the market slow down because mass market is the last to go up for the last few years. What goes up fast will come down fast.

For my case, there are some changes in my family decision therefore, we decided not to stay together in the penthouse. Or else we would really love this penthouse as it is exclusive and it has an open view and windy.

Curious
07-09-08, 21:59
Hullo Novice! Thanks for the update. 4 more units to go ar....this is prettz amazing....for them to achieve close to 90% sales within 2 mths of marketing. Just received call from law firm, need to go down again to complete rest of the form signing.

Hello Dark Knight!

Since they have achieved 90% of sales, why is it not reflected in the URA web site?

I believe it is compulsory for developers to lodge report to URA for units sold.

URA web site indicated only 1 unit sold in Aug and total 13 units since April 08!

Please clarify?

Novice
08-09-08, 09:28
Novice

mine at stack 2. same design as yours.

i was thinking that we can bulk buy washer/dryer together as florentine community. and get better price. hahaha

Hi Twinkle,

My wife and I have been looking around for washer and or dryer too. We are wondering whether to purchase a washer with dryer or should we get two separate machines, a washer and a dryer... Sigh! A bit headache. :doh: Which will you prefer to go for? Any suggestions?

Novice
08-09-08, 09:44
Hello Dark Knight!

Since they have achieved 90% of sales, why is it not reflected in the URA web site?

I believe it is compulsory for developers to lodge report to URA for units sold.

URA web site indicated only 1 unit sold in Aug and total 13 units since April 08!

Please clarify?

Hi Curious,

You are right in the sense that it is compulsory for all developers to lodge report to URA pertaining to units sold. However, are you aware how slow it is for URA to update their information before you or we can read them? URA only updates their website on every 15th of the month and those data updated are cases when all the paper work are done as in stamp duty paid, legal documents filed, etc, etc, etc.

For instance, if you purchase a unit in Aug'08, settle your option to purchase in Sept'08 and all legal documents and stamp duties, etc by fastest by end Sept'08, it'll take another a week or so for the lawfirm or developer to submit your document to URA. By then, it'll be 1st week of Oct'08 or so. And if it misses the 15 Oct'08 updating deadline. You'll have to wait till the next window, which is 15 Nov'08, to see your unit being updated in the URA website! So you see....

For your info, those latest figures that we get are directly from Developer and HSR Agents who are marketing and selling The Florentine. So, that explains all and hope you do see the differences. Of course, you can choose not to believe them and wait till later and see the URA website!

Novice
08-09-08, 09:47
Dear all,

Thanks for all your encouragement. I still think mass market condo got its demand and potential despite the market slow down because mass market is the last to go up for the last few years. What goes up fast will come down fast.

For my case, there are some changes in my family decision therefore, we decided not to stay together in the penthouse. Or else we would really love this penthouse as it is exclusive and it has an open view and windy.

Hi Wow, r u d 1 who initially bought the 3 bedroom unit and then make a change to the current Penthouse unit? :)

The Dark Knight
08-09-08, 12:36
Hello Dark Knight!

Please clarify?

Private Residential Property Transactions with Caveats Lodged are updated twice a week on every Tuesday and Friday.

Generally, caveats are lodged at least 3 weeks after a purchaser signed an option to purchase at the showflats. Hence the effect is not immediate.

In addition, the URA website states that it is not compulsory to lodge a caveat for all property purchases. Lodging of caveats is usually done voluntarily by owners through their lawyers to protect their interest in the property. But a caveat is a "good to have" thingy as it protects owners' interests after an option to purchase is exercised or a Sales & Purchase Agreement is signed.

twinkle
08-09-08, 21:18
I got no experience so got to sound out others too. but I would prefer 2 seperate units. anyway it is still early to buy but saw that there are some model that can minimise ironing... o must check out what the the brand so when the time come know what to get.

btw the kitchen stove that come with the apt is quite classy.

Unregistered123654
11-09-08, 18:53
Hi Wow, r u d 1 who initially bought the 3 bedroom unit and then make a change to the current Penthouse unit? :)

I guess he may realise that for the same price, he can get a cluster terrace around the area so he's trying to make a fast pull out.

Unregistered12345678
12-09-08, 09:47
I guess he may realise that for the same price, he can get a cluster terrace around the area so he's trying to make a fast pull out.

Not everyone wants to buy cluster terrances. There is no swimming pool or gym in the Terrace. Building also old houses.

Novice
15-09-08, 09:47

Hi, as Ultimate said before, Graciousness is always a virtue. We should not comment or speculate too much about Wow's decision to sell off his Penthouse unit. Let's wish him Good luck and able to get rid of his unit fast without making a loss. Good Luck, Wow.

Novice
15-09-08, 09:53
Well, saw The Florentine's ads on The Straits Times again last Saturday, 13/09. Seems to have shrunk in size and also no longer full colour as compared to The Ambra's ads. Maybe they have achieve their sales target of The Florentine but wanna push out the rest of the 4 units... Anybody know what's the latest sales figure like for The Florentine over the weekend after this advertisement launched?

The Dark Knight
15-09-08, 15:32
Well, saw The Florentine's ads on The Straits Times again last Saturday, 13/09. Seems to have shrunk in size and also no longer full colour as compared to The Ambra's ads. Maybe they have achieve their sales target of The Florentine but wanna push out the rest of the 4 units... Anybody know what's the latest sales figure like for The Florentine over the weekend after this advertisement launched?

Allo Novice! Yup....me too....saw the smaller size advert on Saturday too. I just checked with my HSR agent, total no of remaining units is 5.

Dark Knight
17-09-08, 14:17
Allo fellow Florentine owners, developer Roxy confirmed that total no. of carpark lots will be 34 (including a handicap lot) meaning 1 lot for each unit. House warming or New Year celebrations guests may have to park outside by road side. There will not be backgate to link to the HDB carpark behind as it was not in the approved building plan. :tongue3:

twinkle
17-09-08, 19:58
but will there be a side gate for visitor?

Unregistered1
17-09-08, 22:01
Allo fellow Florentine owners, developer Roxy confirmed that total no. of carpark lots will be 34 (including a handicap lot) meaning 1 lot for each unit. House warming or New Year celebrations guests may have to park outside by road side. There will not be backgate to link to the HDB carpark behind as it was not in the approved building plan. :tongue3:
Wow so little carpark lots.

Winner
17-09-08, 22:42
This project greatest attractiveness is its exclusiveness,thus only the Florentiners can have access to the compound.So cannot compare to bigger projects with 100s of units.:)

Unregistered1
17-09-08, 22:46
This project greatest attractiveness is its exclusiveness,thus only the Florentiners can have access to the compound.So cannot compare to bigger projects with 100s of units.:)
Oh I see...but where are my relatives going to park their cars when they come to my house?

Dark Knight
17-09-08, 22:47
Anyway, actually also raise question on something else within each apartment unit...but will take it offline as not appropriate to discuss it here. But for the side/back gate, can I have views on whether you people wants it? People holding on to stack 5 and 8 may not be happy with movement so near their units.http:///forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=345&stc=1&d=1221716557

http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=346&stc=1&d=1221716557

Winner
17-09-08, 23:31
'Unregistered 1',dun worry abt yr relatives' woes.Parking can be done just outside The Florentine,or along the road,a stone throw away from the condo.No coupon involved.
Backgate is not needed as it leads to the HUDC flats and not the main road.

springroll
18-09-08, 21:07
re: parking slot
there are some project that don't even give one per household. ie 30+ units, only 20+ lot. don't know how they are going to spilt.

Unregistered1
18-09-08, 22:10
re: parking slot
there are some project that don't even give one per household. ie 30+ units, only 20+ lot. don't know how they are going to spilt.
I heard of that also some of the condo in town and newer one in some estate.

twinkle
19-09-08, 16:34
http://shop.techsvg.com/door-lock.html?gclid=CNXG_tWM45UCFQdWegodnl5DeQ

check this out. very nice right.

Wow
19-09-08, 20:01
Dear all,

If you have friends or relatives who are interested in it, you can also give me a call. I am willing to pay you the agent fee.

Unregistered123456789
23-09-08, 14:01
Not everyone wants to buy cluster terrances. There is no swimming pool or gym in the Terrace. Building also old houses.

Pls lah, I am talking abt brand new cluster terrace with shared swimming pool. It is like a hybrid of terrace houses (multi-storey) and apartment (shared common facilities).

Unregistered123456789
23-09-08, 14:02
'Unregistered 1',dun worry abt yr relatives' woes.Parking can be done just outside The Florentine,or along the road,a stone throw away from the condo.No coupon involved.
Backgate is not needed as it leads to the HUDC flats and not the main road.

U can park anywhere you want, just dun get caught on wheel clamps and fined.

ultimate
24-09-08, 11:34
Hi, Unregistered 12345678,we cannot compared an orange to an apple.Yours is a cluster housing wherelse The Florentine offers us the rare opportunity of living in a premier condo.To each his own....Congrate to you getting the mentioned cluster house,if you have bought 1 there.

Dark Knight
28-09-08, 17:10
Went out for a morning jog along Yio Chu Kang road and from there to Florentine via Hougang Ave 2, then from there walked to Kovan MRT. Took me approximately 10 minutes. But think my wife will complain if walk there under hot afternoon sun. Distance wise to MRT is walkable definitely. After that, went to have Bak Chor Mee breakfast at the Punggol Nasi Lemak Kopi Tiam besides Simon's road.....and after that bought the Ho Kee Char Siew Pau that my parents like a lot. For those who like Selegie Soya milk, I think should walk down straight Florence road to get to the pedestrian crossing directly as it is located opposite the Upper Serangoon road to the Kopi Tiam.

Noted that there is another 28 units development along Florence Road by Koh Brothers call Florenza during my stroll back home.....looks like more residents coming into the area. :p

Novice
29-09-08, 10:07
Anyway, actually also raise question on something else within each apartment unit...but will take it offline as not appropriate to discuss it here. But for the side/back gate, can I have views on whether you people wants it? People holding on to stack 5 and 8 may not be happy with movement so near their units.http:///forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=345&stc=1&d=1221716557

http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=346&stc=1&d=1221716557

Hi Dark Knight, for the side / back gate, it doesn't really matters to me... at least. Maybe it wld be more relevant to our guests since there's no parking lots catered for them. It'll be more convenient for vistors to park their cars near the HUDC and enter via a side / back gate. :) But again, security might be an issue... I'm sure we all do not wan any Tom, Dick and Harry to gain access to our area and worst, make it a short cut to cut across to gain access to the other side of the road. :2cents:

Novice
29-09-08, 10:19
Went out for a morning jog along Yio Chu Kang road and from there to Florentine via Hougang Ave 2, then from there walked to Kovan MRT. Took me approximately 10 minutes. But think my wife will complain if walk there under hot afternoon sun. Distance wise to MRT is walkable definitely. After that, went to have Bak Chor Mee breakfast at the Punggol Nasi Lemak Kopi Tiam besides Simon's road.....and after that bought the Ho Kee Char Siew Pau that my parents like a lot. For those who like Selegie Soya milk, I think should walk down straight Florence road to get to the pedestrian crossing directly as it is located opposite the Upper Serangoon road to the Kopi Tiam.

Noted that there is another 28 units development along Florence Road by Koh Brothers call Florenza during my stroll back home.....looks like more residents coming into the area. :p

Hi Dark Knight, wow u seems to be very familiar with this area. Will definitely go for a try for all these delicacies one of these days...

Ya, did noticed that there's another development along Florence Road called Florenza sometimes back. It's nearer to the Kovan side or Serangoon Road and not Hougang Ave 2. Good and bad, for The Florentine owners, we just need to walk a short distance to the Hougang Stadium but for Florenza owners, they need to walk further. My wife don't really like the name, Florenza as it spells something like a flu's name... :) Well, no harm going down for a look when their showflat is ready and get their brochure to appreciate their layouts and facilities....

twinkle
30-09-08, 19:46
Hello
:)
Actually ,for the side gate, if it is at the corner near to the bbq pit, it would be some distance from the stack. I was thinkin more of a side gate , should we walk in and out of the apt. Think there should be password lock/ tag locked.

Unregistered12345678
03-10-08, 11:47
Hi, Unregistered 12345678,we cannot compared an orange to an apple.Yours is a cluster housing wherelse The Florentine offers us the rare opportunity of living in a premier condo.To each his own....Congrate to you getting the mentioned cluster house,if you have bought 1 there.

Hi Ultimate, thanks. I was tempted to get it due to the low price and low psf of $500.

I have been staying in the North East for almost 15 years and passes by Kovan often. But I drive to work in CBD daily and hate the traffic congestion all the way from Serangoon Rd to Potong Pasir to Kovan every evening. It takes me a freaking hour to get home from Raffles Place by car. So I dropped the idea. Hv bought a unit nearer to town instead along the east coast. :-)

Dark Knight
19-10-08, 13:37
Hi Novice and Twinkle, just got back from Reservist. Think the side gate issue may not be an issue afterall...just that have to walk a longer distance for visitors. Latest check with HSR.....left with 6 unsold units. The 2nd floor 3 bedroom unit at stack 7 remain unsold. There is also another unit at stack 6 not sold. Also saw some 2 bedroom units but forgot which stack. Roxy Homes has lowered prices by another 2% plus for those units and is trying to clear them off.

The only thing that still puzzled me is whether there is Access card system in place and whether the main gate system is auto complete with electronic parking system with use of resident's car in vehicle unit. Does the developer expect us to manually open the gate for our cars? The Florentine booklet only says Audio Intercom system for security which is somewhat vague.

twinkle
19-10-08, 15:11
Dark Knight

thanks for the update.
any idea what is the arrangement for other Roxy development on the car parking? the gate is quite long (and heavy??)type.

Roxy seems to niche in small scale development, but not sure of their quality.

thinking aloud : should florentine buyers gather and give our feedback/clarify with the developer ?

better to set things right at the start rather than ... look at intero project encounter.

Novice & those intersted in dryer

visit citygas website. they have a dryer to offer.

Dark Knight
19-10-08, 15:37
Dark Knight

thanks for the update.
any idea what is the arrangement for other Roxy development on the car parking? the gate is quite long (and heavy??)type.

Roxy seems to niche in small scale development, but not sure of their quality.

thinking aloud : should florentine buyers gather and give our feedback/clarify with the developer ?

better to set things right at the start rather than ... look at intero project encounter.

Novice & those intersted in dryer

visit citygas website. they have a dryer to offer.

Allo Twinkle, have haf you been? Haha, okie....I dun think Roxy Homes will be so poor quality, afterall, they have built a number of properties in Telok Kurau area. Anyway, just for the fun of it......check out this blogsite on Roxy Homes St Patrick loft: http://www.theworldisouroyster.com/Round2/St%20Patricks%20Loft.htm

toad
20-10-08, 22:20
Hi Novice and Twinkle, just got back from Reservist. Think the side gate issue may not be an issue afterall...just that have to walk a longer distance for visitors. Latest check with HSR.....left with 6 unsold units. The 2nd floor 3 bedroom unit at stack 7 remain unsold. There is also another unit at stack 6 not sold. Also saw some 2 bedroom units but forgot which stack. Roxy Homes has lowered prices by another 2% plus for those units and is trying to clear them off.

The only thing that still puzzled me is whether there is Access card system in place and whether the main gate system is auto complete with electronic parking system with use of resident's car in vehicle unit. Does the developer expect us to manually open the gate for our cars? The Florentine booklet only says Audio Intercom system for security which is somewhat vague.

still so many unsold? the Florentine's sale i would say is a bit slow.... as compared to other development in D19

Swan
21-10-08, 10:20
still so many unsold? the Florentine's sale i would say is a bit slow.... as compared to other development in D19

Toad, not exactly accurate statement made. What other developments sold like hot cakes in D19? Fontaine Parry? D'Pavilion? Kovan residences? Gillenia? Sovereign at Simon's? Florentine currently seems the better deal in terms of pricing which is why so many units sold within 2-3mths after official launch.The rest of D19 projects developers still stubborn....refused to lower down prices despite economic turmoil. Some dropped a bit....originally asking for 900psf but now going for 850psf which is still higher than what Florentine offered. Next year prices should soften some more for other D19 projects...else many will remain unsold.

toad
22-10-08, 22:07
Toad, not exactly accurate statement made. What other developments sold like hot cakes in D19? Fontaine Parry? D'Pavilion? Kovan residences? Gillenia? Sovereign at Simon's? Florentine currently seems the better deal in terms of pricing which is why so many units sold within 2-3mths after official launch.The rest of D19 projects developers still stubborn....refused to lower down prices despite economic turmoil. Some dropped a bit....originally asking for 900psf but now going for 850psf which is still higher than what Florentine offered. Next year prices should soften some more for other D19 projects...else many will remain unsold.

hi swan, it think the best selling development in D19 for the 2008 will be stadia, which sold out really fast.... stadia's psf and florentine's psf is very close but florentine although a free hold, it is just next to hdb flats...... not many buyers like that.

Novice
23-10-08, 14:36
Hi Dark Knight and Twinkle,

If I'm not wrong, the Audio Intercom System is for the security guard to call us so as to notify us if there's a visitor for us. Every house should have one installed in the living room I suppose. Some Condos are more advance, they even have those of Video Intercom System whereby we can see the face of our visitors!

Ya, you are right, Twinkle. Better to set things right at the start... We should gather The Florentine owners to give feedback and clarify with the developer if possible. But in the first place, need to think about what needs to be improve and what The Florentine is lacking. Of course, as Dark Knight have mentioned, we can always discuss offline. My Email address is [email protected] :)

Novice
23-10-08, 14:55
hi swan, it think the best selling development in D19 for the 2008 will be stadia, which sold out really fast.... stadia's psf and florentine's psf is very close but florentine although a free hold, it is just next to hdb flats...... not many buyers like that.

Hi Toad, ya you are right that Stadia sells like hotcakes. http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/icons/icon14.gif Within 2 weeks or so, all units have been snapped up. But in terms of design, it's not as nice as The Florentine. http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/icons/icon13.gif To me, it'll be quite cramp. Also, parking might be a problem again. :doh: Maybe different ppl have different views. Stadia has only one block which house about 56 units while The Florentine has 2 blocks which house only 34 units. Both are surface parking. Well, right in front of Stadia, there's a stadium which is accessible to the public. Ppl might come and go and some might even stand outside watching and overlooking your unit where you can't stop them! Also opposite the stadium are the same ... all HDB flats! :)

worm
23-10-08, 15:58
Hi Toad, ya you are right that Stadia sells like hotcakes. http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/icons/icon14.gif Within 2 weeks or so, all units have been snapped up. But in terms of design, it's not as nice as The Florentine. http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/icons/icon13.gif To me, it'll be quite cramp. Also, parking might be a problem again. :doh: Maybe different ppl have different views. Stadia has only one block which house about 56 units while The Florentine has 2 blocks which house only 34 units. Both are surface parking. Well, right in front of Stadia, there's a stadium which is accessible to the public. Ppl might come and go and some might even stand outside watching and overlooking your unit where you can't stop them! Also opposite the stadium are the same ... all HDB flats! :)

are u the agent of florentine? seems u know so well :)

Novice
23-10-08, 17:46
are u the agent of florentine? seems u know so well :)

Hi Worm, I do wish I were the agent selling The Florentine... But too bad, gotta disappoint you... :( to be frank, I'm NOT one of them. :) Well, juz be more observant to the area which you are interested and update yourself by visiting showflats, reading those threads posted in this website and you'll should be quite well informed... comparable to one of those agent... Hee.. hee.. :ashamed1:

Unsatiable
24-10-08, 09:30
Where can we find a house in Spore which needs to be in the spotlight and

centre of the universe ? We are a family who enjoys generating attention !

registered
24-10-08, 09:48
Where can we find a house in Spore which needs to be in the spotlight and

centre of the universe ? We are a family who enjoys generating attention !

The Sail may be your choice

Dark Knight
31-10-08, 09:28
Dear Florentine owners,

For those who want updates/have queries on the development, I propose we establish email contacts to share information. This will also facilitate any future discussion with the developer over any issue of concern. Please drop me a personal mail. Novice and I currently have some latest updates with regards to queries for details on gate access, BBQ pits and swimming pool. We will share it with other Florentine owners.

Currently, have established email contacts with the following owners:
-Novice
-Mambo1973

Please do join us. :)

guess
31-10-08, 13:45
The Sail may be your choice
Hi.. I am a newb here. We are a young couple and we would like to know
how much usually the maintenance fee for 3 bedroom condo?
and how much roughly Do i need to pay upfront including stamp duty, agent etc? thks

iridrium
31-10-08, 14:14
Well, right in front of Stadia, there's a stadium which is accessible to the public. Ppl might come and go and some might even stand outside watching and overlooking your unit where you can't stop them! Also opposite the stadium are the same ... all HDB flats! :)

Are you sure you are not vested? You do know that the entrance of Serangoon Stadium is located quite far from Stadia? So how can anyone "stand outside watching and overlooking" the unit?

And even if they are standing on the track to look, Stadia is located on higher ground and only the corner units nearest the Stadium will be affected.

UnregisteredK
31-10-08, 15:39
Are you sure you are not vested? You do know that the entrance of Serangoon Stadium is located quite far from Stadia? So how can anyone "stand outside watching and overlooking" the unit?

And even if they are standing on the track to look, Stadia is located on higher ground and only the corner units nearest the Stadium will be affected.

Yoyo Iridrium,

Why are you so defensive over Stadia? Are you an owner of Stadia? No need get so personal and offended. Dun go ard Flamming...... Hohoho...... :)

iridrium
31-10-08, 16:32
Yoyo Iridrium,

Why are you so defensive over Stadia? Are you an owner of Stadia? No need get so personal and offended. Dun go ard Flamming...... Hohoho...... :)

Nope, I am not defensive or personal or offended. Neither am I going around 'flamming'. I am also not vested in Stadia. I just happened to know the location pretty well.

I am stating the facts which has been distorted by other people.

A lot of people here like to make anonymous yet irresponsible comments. :cool:

Unregistered123ttt
05-11-08, 06:29
Nope, I am not defensive or personal or offended. Neither am I going around 'flamming'. I am also not vested in Stadia. I just happened to know the location pretty well.

I am stating the facts which has been distorted by other people.

A lot of people here like to make anonymous yet irresponsible comments. :cool:

There is a need to differentiate between opinion and facts. There is nothing wrong with giving opinion which is the reason for this forum. It is up to other forumers to differentiate between opinion and fact. Mr Iridrium, please dun "Act Smart".

iridrium
05-11-08, 15:42
There is a need to differentiate between opinion and facts. There is nothing wrong with giving opinion which is the reason for this forum. It is up to other forumers to differentiate between opinion and fact. Mr Iridrium, please dun "Act Smart".

Of course it is up to the forumers to differentiate between opinions and facts.

As a fellow forum visitor,there is nothing wrong to present the fact to others who may be less informed and refute the obviously skewed comments (and obviously having hidden agenda comments).

At least I am not anonymous. You are.

Unregistered99
05-11-08, 17:28
Of course it is up to the forumers to differentiate between opinions and facts.

As a fellow forum visitor,there is nothing wrong to present the fact to others who may be less informed and refute the obviously skewed comments (and obviously having hidden agenda comments).

At least I am not anonymous. You are.

Let me first declare i am vested in a D15 condo. Let me next say i visited both the 2 showrooms of both the Florentine and Stadia.

On the whole and in my own humble opinion, I prefer Florentine. Stadia is located too near the stadium which attracts crowd, and with it noise. Stadia also faces the one of the main road. It may be sold out fast but i think the buyers are mostly the people staying near there so the selling factor was familiarity to them.

Also compare the launch date, Stadia was launched in early 2008 where the news of the sub crime crisis has not reached us whereas Florentine was launched after the crisis broke. So i think the sale was affected.

Unregisteredkk
05-11-08, 20:38
Let me first declare i am vested in a D15 condo. Let me next say i visited both the 2 showrooms of both the Florentine and Stadia.

On the whole and in my own humble opinion, I prefer Florentine. Stadia is located too near the stadium which attracts crowd, and with it noise. Stadia also faces the one of the main road. It may be sold out fast but i think the buyers are mostly the people staying near there so the selling factor was familiarity to them.

Also compare the launch date, Stadia was launched in early 2008 where the news of the sub crime crisis has not reached us whereas Florentine was launched after the crisis broke. So i think the sale was affected.

you are wrong about the launch time of Florentine, in fact Florentine was launched earlier than stadia. eveyone has their preference. For me , i prefer stadia, cos it is near to stadium, everybody will know that there is condo .. just like kovan melody.. when there are more ppl walking around, there will be more security.. There must be a reason why florentine has not fully sold but i do not want to comment on that..

Unregistered12345678
06-11-08, 06:59
you are wrong about the launch time of Florentine, in fact Florentine was launched earlier than stadia. eveyone has their preference. For me , i prefer stadia, cos it is near to stadium, everybody will know that there is condo .. just like kovan melody.. when there are more ppl walking around, there will be more security.. There must be a reason why florentine has not fully sold but i do not want to comment on that..

Unregistered KK. You are wrong also. Official launch of Florentine was in July 2008 to the general public thus after Stadia. The Private preview and special invitation were before Stadia where I heard all the Penthouses were sold off.

Next it is silly to comment that where there are more pple walking around, there will be more security. Does it mean more Bangla workers walking and drinking beers around the Jurong point area/Woodlands area make it any safer and everyone should thus move there? Security is not measured in this way.

Unregistered99
06-11-08, 08:59

Yeah.. i means official launched lah... Stadia was "OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED" way in advance than the Florentine...

For you to link "cos it is near stadium"... "everyone will know that there is a condo" is nonsense... why is it near stadium, then everyone will know it is condo... In anycase, you may wish to know Stadia is offically known as "Apartment" and not condo status...

Unregistered123456789
07-11-08, 15:59
Hello folks,

Actually, there is no need to argue abt whether Florentine is better than Stadia or vice versa. Everyone buys as per their liking. Most imptly is few years down the road, will there be ready buyers when u want to sell it?

I am personally most attracted to the cluster houses development in D19 as it offers one of the lowest psf as compared to other district.

Just looking at the recent Jewel @ Chuan Hoe, only $3XX psf for 999 yrs devt. Definitely a steal! Even the Top Residence or Sovereign @ Simon are at very attractive psf ard $5xxpsf too! These are the more realistic type of psf that D19 can / should fetch. Paying more than $700psf in D19, what can I say? Gd luck! :-)

Agito1
08-11-08, 07:45
Hello folks,

Actually, there is no need to argue abt whether Florentine is better than Stadia or vice versa. Everyone buys as per their liking. Most imptly is few years down the road, will there be ready buyers when u want to sell it?

I am personally most attracted to the cluster houses development in D19 as it offers one of the lowest psf as compared to other district.

Just looking at the recent Jewel @ Chuan Hoe, only $3XX psf for 999 yrs devt. Definitely a steal! Even the Top Residence or Sovereign @ Simon are at very attractive psf ard $5xxpsf too! These are the more realistic type of psf that D19 can / should fetch. Paying more than $700psf in D19, what can I say? Gd luck! :-)

Well said turtle head! $700psf? You can buy Livia then...jus a few roads away from D19. $3XX psf is realistic? You need to look at the type of property offered. So $3xx means cheap? Nonsense. There are even property going for $2XX in better locations. Wake up your idea and please go and study more before you post such turtish comments. Dun make a fool of yourself.

iridrium
10-11-08, 09:47
Hello folks,

:tsk-tsk: Pls compare apple to apple. Jewel @ Chuan Hoe, Top Residence and Soverign @ Simon are all cluster development as compared to Florentine and Stadia which are condo/apartment development.

I find it incredulous that you use them as the basis of your comparison.

Unregistered123456789
10-11-08, 11:58
Well said turtle head! $700psf? You can buy Livia then...jus a few roads away from D19. $3XX psf is realistic? You need to look at the type of property offered. So $3xx means cheap? Nonsense. There are even property going for $2XX in better locations. Wake up your idea and please go and study more before you post such turtish comments. Dun make a fool of yourself.

If u dun hv solid facts or hard grounds to debate against other's, pls dun insult others as turtle head cos everyone knows u r the only carrot head here. People are talking abt D19 here. U want to talk abt Livia??? Pls lah...Livia few roads away??? U try walking to Livia from Florentine or Stadia. It definitely won't take u less than 2 hrs. You might as well talk abt JB...$200 psf is possible there...its just a straits river across. Carrot head admit it!

Unregistered123456789
10-11-08, 12:02
:tsk-tsk: Pls compare apple to apple. Jewel @ Chuan Hoe, Top Residence and Soverign @ Simon are all cluster development as compared to Florentine and Stadia which are condo/apartment development.

I find it incredulous that you use them as the basis of your comparison.

Yes, u r right, I am comparing jewels to apples and the fact is jewels are more precious but cheaper than apples!!!!!???

Florentine / Stadia ain't no condo status. Apartment status yes. And how is that different from cluster housing? Both hv shared facilities such as swimming pool, gym, playground, BBQ pit. Cluster house offers even more - a personal garage which sits two cars, and a much larger livable area at much lower psf.

Dark Knight
10-11-08, 12:37
Just want to check around....is there any specific safety ruling that states depth for swimming pools for condo and apartments must ONLY be 1.2metres? Can it be say, 1.3M or 1.5M?

MGYPSTA
10-11-08, 16:14
You can refer to the BCA website for more info or click the following:

http://app.nea.gov.sg/cms/htdocs/article.asp?pid=2937

www.nea.gov.sg/cms/ehd/application_for_swimmingpool.pdf

Hope this helps!

snob
10-11-08, 16:25
Yes, u r right, I am comparing jewels to apples and the fact is jewels are more precious but cheaper than apples!!!!!???

Florentine / Stadia ain't no condo status. Apartment status yes. And how is that different from cluster housing? Both hv shared facilities such as swimming pool, gym, playground, BBQ pit. Cluster house offers even more - a personal garage which sits two cars, and a much larger livable area at much lower psf.

Cluster housing, condo, and apartments are all the same real estate investment vehicle, even though on the surface it may look different.

They are all under STRATA-TITLED PROPERTY.

Means you do not have complete control over your physical property, in terms of facade, etc. You only have control over what goes on IN YOR OWN UNIT. You do not have control over the swimming pool, nor the tennis courts, nor the parking lots.

All strata-titled properties are subject to a maintenance fee and sinking fund.

The ultimate is this: all strata-titled properties are subject to en bloc sales.

Cluster housing may "look" landed, but it is simply an apartment/condo with bigger unit sizes. I'd rather live in a 3000 sq ft skyscraper apartment/condo downtown, than a cluster house somewhere in Yio Chu Kang.

Dark Knight
10-11-08, 18:12
You can refer to the BCA website for more info or click the following:

http://app.nea.gov.sg/cms/htdocs/article.asp?pid=2937

www.nea.gov.sg/cms/ehd/application_for_swimmingpool.pdf

Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot! Seems like no much specification on pool depth. Maybe I will drop another email to developer after collating another rounds of queries and requests from Florentine owners.

Looks like no construction going on yet at site....think TOP March 2010 may not be possible. Roxy waiting for construction cost to go down further next year?

Dark Knight
10-11-08, 18:26
Dear Florentine owners,

For those who want updates/have queries on the development, I propose we establish email contacts to share information. This will also facilitate any future discussion with the developer over any issue of concern. Please drop me a personal mail. Novice and I currently have some latest updates with regards to queries for details on gate access, BBQ pits and swimming pool. We will share it with other Florentine owners. Please do join us. :)

-Novice
-Mambo1973
-Twinkle

MGYRPSTA
10-11-08, 21:40
-Novice
-Mambo1973
-Twinkle

You're most welcome, Dark Knight. Do you think they will delay the construction for at least half a year? I am also a Florentine Owner. Can you email me the latest update or discussion, please? My email address is [email protected].

Thanks!

Dark Knight
11-11-08, 13:00
You're most welcome, Dark Knight. Do you think they will delay the construction for at least half a year? I am also a Florentine Owner. Can you email me the latest update or discussion, please? My email address is [email protected].

Thanks!
Allo MGYPRSTA, will forward to you once I get back home. :)

I would think that the actual construction commencement will be slightly delayed. HSR agents said it will be completed by 2010 March. Not likely as I think that Roxy Homes will most probably do some earnings management as its parent is listed co. It still has "The Marque@Irrawaddy" and "The Medley" to sustain its projected earnings for next financial year....it thus make sense to slightly delay the Florentine so that main bulk of Florentine sales get captured in 2010 instead (using percentage of completion recognition method). And the purchase contract with Roxy gave it the right to deliver TOP only in 2011.

Humble
11-11-08, 17:45
Cluster housing, condo, and apartments are all the same real estate investment vehicle, even though on the surface it may look different.

They are all under STRATA-TITLED PROPERTY.

Means you do not have complete control over your physical property, in terms of facade, etc. You only have control over what goes on IN YOR OWN UNIT. You do not have control over the swimming pool, nor the tennis courts, nor the parking lots.

All strata-titled properties are subject to a maintenance fee and sinking fund.

The ultimate is this: all strata-titled properties are subject to en bloc sales.

Cluster housing may "look" landed, but it is simply an apartment/condo with bigger unit sizes. I'd rather live in a 3000 sq ft skyscraper apartment/condo downtown, than a cluster house somewhere in Yio Chu Kang.

From your last sentence, u are either truly a Snob or a Dreamer. Who dun like to stay in a 3000 sq ft skyscraper apt/condo downtown vs a cluster hse in D19? Basic common sense will tell u the price difference of the two can easily afford u another 1 or 2 more cluster houses in D19. If I hv the money to afford the 3000 sq ft apt in downtown, I would buy 3 cluster hses in D19, and rent/sell the other 2 or save the money to buy a lambo.

Dark Knight
11-11-08, 23:01
Dear Florentine owners,

For those who want updates/have queries on the development, I propose we establish email contacts to share information. This will also facilitate any future discussion with the developer over any issue of concern. Please drop me a personal mail. Novice and I currently have some latest updates with regards to queries for details on gate access, BBQ pits and swimming pool. We will share it with other Florentine owners.

Please do join us. :)
-Novice
-Mambo1973
-Twinkle
-MGYRPSTA

Dark Knight
27-11-08, 12:36
Dear Florentine owners,

Please do join us.

-Novice
-Mambo1973
-Twinkle
-MGYRPSTA
-Ultimate

seeker
29-11-08, 21:54
I'm just wondering if ground floor units are good? I went to see a few developments around the area including Florentine and although i'm attracted to the ground flr units i'm always worried about people being able to look in, security. I understand i can put up special tinted glasses etc.

Does anyone have any advice about this? Am i too paranoid?

Kenshinto80
01-12-08, 12:29
I'm just wondering if ground floor units are good? I went to see a few developments around the area including Florentine and although i'm attracted to the ground flr units i'm always worried about people being able to look in, security. I understand i can put up special tinted glasses etc.

Does anyone have any advice about this? Am i too paranoid?

It really depends on your preference and comfort. Personally, been to other completed condos and do not like ground floor units as too many people going to and fro past your unit. There will also be noise. However, there are some group who loves ground floor units a lot. Why are you interested in groundfloor unit? The convenience to the pool and exit?

seeker
01-12-08, 14:25
The balcony and size of the unit. It's a lot bigger as compared. You're right about people passing by to and fro. There are plenty of news about slashing prices but honestly, those who slash are for the leftover not-so-good units and sitting ducks that nobody is interested in. Oh well, have to keep on looking i suppose.

ultimate
09-12-08, 20:40
Hi Seeker,The Florentine Condo has only 34 units.With such exclusivness,noise level is kept to a minimum.So I dun think u ne to worry too much.Tks.:)

Dark Knight
16-12-08, 14:01
The latest URA website confirmed that no. of unsold units are now only 8. This is great!

Went pass the work site, still no work commenced. Saw a few cars/van parked in the Florentine site overnight, can we charge them rental? :p

Novice
24-12-08, 08:15
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all... :) Hope that by the next Christmas, we can at least see our very own unit in The Florentine up... :D

Dark Knight
24-12-08, 14:47
Hi Novice....so sweet of you to wish us Merry Christmas.

haha...Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all fellow Florentine owners. Anyway, my computer just crashed sometimes back and I lost some of our Florentine emails as forgot to backup regularly. Have a great week ahead! :)

Dark Knight
24-01-09, 20:49
Wishing all Florentine owners a Happy and Prosperous Lunar New Year.

Went to URA website and saw that a total of 27 units sold as of December 08. No construction commence yet at work site. :p

twinkle
27-01-09, 09:27
Happy Lunar New Year to all.:)
wishing all "xin xiang shi cheng"& "wan shi ru yi"

Me too waiting for the construction to start.

RAUDIE
16-02-09, 08:07
Hi friends,

been lurking on this thread and congrats to you who've bought a Florentine unit. I've been actively following the development (I'm not an agent) but did not buy as I did not like the remaining units.

Good news for you, the last 2 3BRM units were sold yesterday and there is only one 2BRM unit left. The showflat is coming down in a week or two and construction will start!

I'm looking for a 3BRM unit in the development so if any of you know of a lobang, please could you drop me an email [email protected]. Especially if you've TOP and notice any 3BRM units with FOR SALE signs and want a really nice small family as a neighbour :)

Congrats! What a lovely development!

Wow78
16-02-09, 20:32
Dear all,

I have a florentine penthouse (1787sqft) for subsale. Going for 1.2mil neg which is relatively cheap (677 psf) compare to other development in D19. If interested, please give me a call @ 91138455. We can discuss from there.

Dark Knight
07-03-09, 19:22
Does anyone know what is the typical time taken for this kind of boutique development to reach TOP once construction starts? 1 year? or 18mths?

Went by Upper Serangoon Road and saw that the D' Pavilion reinforced concrete framework and brickwalls already done up to 3rd/4th storey.

Dark Knight
15-03-09, 18:30
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=468&stc=1&d=1237112900

Yeah!

Novice
16-03-09, 17:09
Hi Dark Knight,

That's a great piece of news. :) Juz wondering when the construction work will starts...

twinkle
02-04-09, 14:56
Hi all
I was told it'll takes 18 mths to complete.
But i tot for boutique project like this might be faster....

Novice
13-04-09, 15:26
Finally, they have shifted or vacant the showflat... Looks like they are going to tear down the showflat soon... :)

Dark Knight
02-05-09, 17:08
Finally, they have shifted or vacant the showflat... Looks like they are going to tear down the showflat soon... :)

Hi Novice and Twinkle,

Expected TOP of The Florentine around July 2010. It will be ready in another 12-14mths. :p

Went past the site and noted that they have setup "No Parking" sign and barrier.....hehe....

Dark Knight
02-05-09, 17:16
Hmmm....anyone know how to directly paste the picture in messages instead of appearing as attachment at bottom?

Wow78
02-05-09, 21:14
Dear all,

I have a florentine penthouse (1787sqft) for subsale. Going for 1.2mil neg which is (677 psf). If interested, please give me a call @ 91138455. We can discuss from there.

twinkle
02-05-09, 22:50
Thanks for the update. Must turn in on and take a look.;)

Novice
18-05-09, 12:00
Wow, seems that they are going to start the piling work for The Florentine soon... Past by the site on Saturday, all houses on the site have been torn down. The excavator was levelling the road... Too bad, didn't bring along camera... :)

Dark Knight
18-05-09, 12:23
Wow, seems that they are going to start the piling work for The Florentine soon... Past by the site on Saturday, all houses on the site have been torn down. The excavator was levelling the road... Too bad, didn't bring along camera... :)

Hi Novice, how haf you been? So long never hear from you liao. yup...the old houses got torn down in just 2 to 3 days.....haha...never knew it was that easy to dismantle.

Novice
18-05-09, 17:25
Hi Novice, how haf you been? So long never hear from you liao. yup...the old houses got torn down in just 2 to 3 days.....haha...never knew it was that easy to dismantle.

Hi Dark Knight, life's still the same for me. Nothing much to look forward to... except The Florentine. :) Market is so unpredictable nowadays... How about you? Ya, tearing down is always easy juz like destroy always easier than assembly... :)

Dark Knight
18-05-09, 21:08
Hi Dark Knight, life's still the same for me. Nothing much to look forward to... except The Florentine. :) Market is so unpredictable nowadays... How about you? Ya, tearing down is always easy juz like destroy always easier than assembly... :)

Haha, I am also looking forward to the TOP of The Florentine. Well the market quite erratic no doubt. Anyway, take care and have a great week ahead! :p

twinkle
08-06-09, 09:20
pass by the site yesterday. piling machine in sight.

btw saw a black car slowing down in that site too . maybe it is one of our neighbours...

Dark Knight
08-06-09, 13:55
pass by the site yesterday. piling machine in sight.

btw saw a black car slowing down in that site too . maybe it is one of our neighbours...

Allo Twinkle! ya......saw the piling machine too. Awesome!

keke....that stretch of road got some very weird lorry drivers who like to jam brake or speed....last saturday afternoon, at the junction of Florence Road and Lim Ah Pin road (from Simon rd direction), a lorry suddenly stopped and the car behind swerve to the right but still ended up hitting it. Moral of the story, dun stick too close to the backside of lorries.

Dark Knight
28-06-09, 13:21
Site Update:

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/4775/florentine27june2009.jpg

Novice
01-07-09, 10:29
Hi Dark Knight,

How's everything and nice to hear from you again. So u climb up to the 12th Storey of Blk 719 to capture this picture? :) Nice work and thanks for the update. I'm trying to work out a blog for The Florentine. Will update you and the rest when I'm done and about to launch it... Stay tune... :)

Dark Knight
04-07-09, 22:13
Hi Dark Knight,

How's everything and nice to hear from you again. So u climb up to the 12th Storey of Blk 719 to capture this picture? :) Nice work and thanks for the update. I'm trying to work out a blog for The Florentine. Will update you and the rest when I'm done and about to launch it... Stay tune... :)

Hi Novice, I am good. Yup, went up there to snap a picture on the progress. You working out a blog for The Florentine ar....sounds great. Do keep us posted. :)

Novice
20-07-09, 12:05
Hi Novice, I am good. Yup, went up there to snap a picture on the progress. You working out a blog for The Florentine ar....sounds great. Do keep us posted. :)

Hi Dark Knight and all our fellow The Florentinians. :) Finally, managed to round up a Blog... Hope that this Blog will provide you with the necessary information as and when you need it with juz a click in the Internet. Still got a bit more things to update. Will continue to make it better and hope to have your comments. :)

Do visit http://the-florentine.blogspot.com/ and comment....

summer
04-08-09, 16:08
Hi Dark Knight and all our fellow The Florentinians. :) Finally, managed to round up a Blog... Hope that this Blog will provide you with the necessary information as and when you need it with juz a click in the Internet. Still got a bit more things to update. Will continue to make it better and hope to have your comments. :)

Do visit http://the-florentine.blogspot.com/ and comment....

Cool blog...providing useful info on the project.
All units are fully sold by developer?

Novice
05-08-09, 09:09
Cool blog...providing useful info on the project.
All units are fully sold by developer?

Hi Summer, thanks for dropping by the blog and also your valuable comment on it. :) Yup. I think so that all units are fully sold by the developer as reflected on the URA website.

hoon
12-08-09, 15:22
congrats to all who have gotten a unit at The Florence!
no luck for me :P looking for a unit around the vicinity. anyone has lobang for a 2 bedroom, pls do PM me! :)
cheers

Dark Knight
19-09-09, 21:21
Hi Novice,

Thanks for the blog. :) Some progress update....

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/florentine79/images/detail/#35/19sept2009p1.jpg

active
29-09-09, 12:12
:) Hi Guys,
Happen to pass by this condo site,still under construction.Located in a serene surrounding.Comfortable feeling,it gave me....Guess I missed the adver when it was launched last year.However,its a small project...wasted!:cool:
Location wise...walking distance from renowned eateries and train station.:D
Just a passer-by....

Novice
30-09-09, 17:39
Hi Novice,

Thanks for the blog. :) Some progress update....

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/florentine79/images/detail/#35/19sept2009p1.jpg

Hi Dark Knight,

Thanks for the photo update. Will try to place it in The Florentine Blog and keep everyone updated soon.

Novice
30-09-09, 17:42
:) Hi Guys,
Happen to pass by this condo site,still under construction.Located in a serene surrounding.Comfortable feeling,it gave me....Guess I missed the adver when it was launched last year.However,its a small project...wasted!:cool:
Location wise...walking distance from renowned eateries and train station.:D
Just a passer-by....

Hi Active,

Somebody is trying to sell off their units... u might wanna take a look at the classified section of The Straits Times every Saturday... I noticed that there's been 2 bdrm and recently 3 bdrm up for sale...

Dark Knight
19-10-09, 16:42
Hi Dark Knight,

Thanks for the photo update. Will try to place it in The Florentine Blog and keep everyone updated soon.

Hi Novice, saw your update of Florentine on 14 October 2009. on the blog That's a lot of pictures you took...haha. Thanks a lot ar.

Oh ya...based on the annual report of Roxy Homes FY2008 Note 8, the land parcel for The Florentine is 2,418sqm which translates to approximately 26,026sqft.

Novice
21-10-09, 09:18
Hi Novice, saw your update of Florentine on 14 October 2009. on the blog That's a lot of pictures you took...haha. Thanks a lot ar.

Oh ya...based on the annual report of Roxy Homes FY2008 Note 8, the land parcel for The Florentine is 2,418sqm which translates to approximately 26,026sqft.

Hi Dark Knight, thanks for visiting The Florentine Blog and highlighting the error on the Land Parcel. Have done the updating.

So, it took about 2 weeks for Roxy Homes' contractor to complete the first storey foundation... Now they are on working on the 2nd!

Do feel free to send me photos / pictures if you happen to pass by The Florentine and snapped them. :) Thanks in advance. :)

Dark Knight
07-11-09, 03:17
Hi Novice, thanks a lot for the update on Florentine blog for 26 October 2009.

Just wondering when the developer going to build up stack 1 to stack 4, maybe waiting for completion of stack 5 to stack 8 first...

Anyway, have a great weekend ahead!

Novice
10-11-09, 15:44
Hi Novice, thanks a lot for the update on Florentine blog for 26 October 2009.

Just wondering when the developer going to build up stack 1 to stack 4, maybe waiting for completion of stack 5 to stack 8 first...

Anyway, have a great weekend ahead!

Hello Dark Knight,

Thanks for visiting The Florentine blog. :) I thot u invested in Stack 7?

Oh yes, I managed to speak to Philip, the Project Manager in charge of The Florentine during my photo-taking session on 26/10/09. He said that this project is very difficult to execute due to the limited space and the small plot of land! They have to take care a lot of things which is why they will probably complete Blk 70 (from Stack 5 to Stack 8) before proceeding to Blk 68 (from Stack 1 to 4). He also mentioned that there might be a slight delay to the expected completion date which is somewhere July 2010. Hopefully not! He hinted that there might be a mock up unit for us to visit when the completion draws near... well, looking forward to that. :)

Okay, will try to update you guys again...

Dark Knight
10-11-09, 19:56
Hello Dark Knight,

Thanks for visiting The Florentine blog. :) I thot u invested in Stack 7?

Oh yes, I managed to speak to Philip, the Project Manager in charge of The Florentine during my photo-taking session on 26/10/09. He said that this project is very difficult to execute due to the limited space and the small plot of land! They have to take care a lot of things which is why they will probably complete Blk 70 (from Stack 5 to Stack 8) before proceeding to Blk 68 (from Stack 1 to 4). He also mentioned that there might be a slight delay to the expected completion date which is somewhere July 2010. Hopefully not! He hinted that there might be a mock up unit for us to visit when the completion draws near... well, looking forward to that. :)

Okay, will try to update you guys again...

Many thanks for the interesting update on your little chat with Philip. Ya, guess with the 2 blocks V shape design, seems a bit tough to build both together:)

Dark Knight
06-12-09, 15:30
Hi Novice,

Thanks a lot for the 19 Nov update on blog. Progress not too bad lah...can see developer working on 3rd storey already. :)

Novice
10-12-09, 16:03
Hi Novice,

Thanks a lot for the 19 Nov update on blog. Progress not too bad lah...can see developer working on 3rd storey already. :)

No problem, Dark Knight, my pleasure. :) Happened to pass by The Florentine on 8/12/09 (Tues) and took some more pictures. Already downloaded onto The Florentine blog. Seems like not much progress... Almost the same thing as those happened on 19/11/09! Sigh... Get to know from MGYRPOSTA that Roxy Homes confirmed The Florentine TOP date to be third quarter of 2010.

Well, year end soon... festive seasons are coming... May everyone have a Merry Merry Christmas and a very very Happy New Year ahead. :)

Dark Knight
27-12-09, 08:45
Seems that the TOP date pushed backwards. 15 December 2010 is the new forecasted completion date for Florentine. :)

Novice
06-01-10, 16:45
Seems that the TOP date pushed backwards. 15 December 2010 is the new forecasted completion date for Florentine. :)

Well, the builder has been changed to Forglow Builders Pte Ltd from the previous Imperial Construction Pte Ltd. Maybe it's really a tough project to handle or maybe this Imperial Construction Pte Ltd has gone bust or has they given up... Let's hope the TOP date won't be pushed back further... :)

Oh yes, Happy New Year 2010 to all. :cheers5: :)

Novice
25-02-10, 15:31
Hi Hi ... A little update on The Florentine ... they have started working on Blk 68! Seems that they are speeding up a little. :) A good sign. Hopefully, they are able to complete way before the expected 4Q of 2010! Oh ya, Gong Xi Fa Cai and Happy Lunar New Year to all. :)

Sorry, dunno how to attach photo here. Maybe you all wanna give a visit to The Florentine blog? :)

http://the-florentine.blogspot.com/

Dark Knight
25-02-10, 22:01
Hi Hi ... A little update on The Florentine ... they have started working on Blk 68! Seems that they are speeding up a little. :) A good sign. Hopefully, they are able to complete way before the expected 4Q of 2010! Oh ya, Gong Xi Fa Cai and Happy Lunar New Year to all. :)

Sorry, dunno how to attach photo here. Maybe you all wanna give a visit to The Florentine blog? :)

Hi Novice, Happy Lunar New Year to you and your family too!

Thanks a lot for the monthly updates on Florentine blog. Always looking forward to end of the month....to see the site progress photos put up by you. :)

gohsoonk
25-02-10, 22:29
Well, the builder has been changed to Forglow Builders Pte Ltd from the previous Imperial Construction Pte Ltd. Maybe it's really a tough project to handle or maybe this Imperial Construction Pte Ltd has gone bust or has they given up... Let's hope the TOP date won't be pushed back further... :)

Oh yes, Happy New Year 2010 to all. :cheers5: :)

Imperial Construction has accumulated too many demerit points.
http://www.mom.gov.sg/publish/etc/medialib/mom_library/Workplace_Safety/files6.Par.22633.File.dat/List%20of%20Contractors%20with%20Demerit%20Points.pdf

If the worksite accumulates too many points, work will be suspended.
http://www.mom.gov.sg/publish/momportal/en/communities/workplace_safety_and_health/maintaining_a_safe_workplace/demerit_point_scheme.html

Novice
16-04-10, 16:55
Passed by The Florentine site yesterday and managed to capture some photos... http://the-florentine.blogspot.com/

Well, Blk 68 is half way through. :) Noticed that there are some trees along the perimeter of The Florentine which is quite near to the building. Wonder which authority to approach so that they can do something about it... Or would Roxy Homes do it themselves? But I doubt so...

kEN9170
17-04-10, 01:01
From the photo, stack 4 & 6 are very near to each other.

Passed by The Florentine site yesterday and managed to capture some photos... http://the-florentine.blogspot.com/

Well, Blk 68 is half way through. :) Noticed that there are some trees along the perimeter of The Florentine which is quite near to the building. Wonder which authority to approach so that they can do something about it... Or would Roxy Homes do it themselves? But I doubt so...

Dark Knight
17-04-10, 11:02
Hi Novice,

Thanks for your monthly photos update. Excellent job. :)

Glad that Florentine on track for completion. From the looks of it, it may even TOP before the targeted 15 December 2010 date.

Don't worry about the trees for now....haha....wait for the whole landscaping to be completed first to see whether further actions required. :p

Saw from newspaper interest rates may rise at year end....not sure whether want to give up on the IAS and do quick refinancing to lock in on rates.

deeky
21-04-10, 16:36
Hi!

I passed by the site last weekend and saw the supervisor ic. He said completion is estimated to be in Oct, so hopefully TOP can be before Dec so we can all spend a nice new year there.

But i also share KEN9170 concerns. The stacks do look very close to each other. Not that we can do anything abt it at this time.

Views anyone?

Dark Knight
22-04-10, 08:40
Hi!

I passed by the site last weekend and saw the supervisor ic. He said completion is estimated to be in Oct, so hopefully TOP can be before Dec so we can all spend a nice new year there.

But i also share KEN9170 concerns. The stacks do look very close to each other. Not that we can do anything abt it at this time.

Views anyone?

Hi Deeky, stack 4 and 6 seems to be close but do not think is a big problem as the angle/facing are built away directly from each other and in addition, the bedrooms and living rooms are further separated by a layer of Balcony and Planter. Just don't do too intimate stuff at the balcony..... :p

deeky
22-04-10, 14:01
Haha Dark Knight, u're right! Maybe if i've good friendly neighbours opp., can also borrow soy sauce over the balcony :D .

deeky
22-04-10, 14:25
Btw, does anyone know if we can get rid of the planter to extend the balcony space? Seriously i dont have green fingers, but can definitely do with more balcony space for entertainment...

teddybear
22-04-10, 17:32
Just deck up with wooden strips will do. (Useless planter area, convert to balcony better! :D)

Btw, does anyone know if we can get rid of the planter to extend the balcony space? Seriously i dont have green fingers, but can definitely do with more balcony space for entertainment...

gohsoonk
23-04-10, 09:24
You cannot do away with the planter area (e.g. tiling it). The T&Cs are stated in the long legal documents during the property purchase.
However, you can deck it up.

deeky
23-04-10, 15:27
ic... timbre deck will be nice. Like what they did for the showflat... but minus the fishes.

Thks!

active
01-05-10, 11:09
D'Pavilion is too close to the main raod.Serangoon Rd is a busy road...Guess dust and noise will be a concern.Florentine is a better buy.Freehold or 999 yrs,no diff.Most impt,Florentine has a long balcony that extends all the way to the next bedroom n its toilet layout is spacious.Exclusively!The most 10 mins walk to main road with shades.
Just my comments.Tks....

WSH
14-05-10, 10:55
ic... timbre deck will be nice. Like what they did for the showflat... but minus the fishes.

Thks!

Yes, indeed it will be nice but I checked out the price so far to put the timber deck for the balcony and planter area. It costs around 5k to 7k for chengai wood as these areas are long and big. :scared-1:

Novice
07-07-10, 08:47
Looks like they have started digging the swimming pool... :) But still, as compared to other developments like The Pavilion, Clover by the Park, Kovan Residences, etc, it's far too slow... Sigh! :doh: Hopefully they will speed up a little, else T.O.P. in October 2010 might not crystallise...

Dark Knight
07-07-10, 22:23
Looks like they have started digging the swimming pool... :) But still, as compared to other developments like The Pavilion, Clover by the Park, Kovan Residences, etc, it's far too slow... Sigh! :doh: Hopefully they will speed up a little, else T.O.P. in October 2010 might not crystallise...

Hi Novice, how have you been? Thanks a lot for your photo updates. My wife and I always look forward to your monthly update on the Florentine blog.

Not sure whether the small rectangular hole they dig is for the swimming pool, if so...it is going to be quite weird. Construction speed are slow, but at least the 2 stacks are up and guess internal fittings work can commence anytime soon.

deeky
03-08-10, 15:23
Is Hougang Neighbourhood 7 the blocks of HUDC besides Florentine?

http://www.condosingapore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9727

I believe so. Do not know what is the impact on us in terms of development(physical conditions due to renovation if there is), or maybe in terms of land value? One thing for sure, nobody will say Florentine is built besides HDB flats (though it's HUDC), since they will be privatised soon :)

Dark Knight
03-08-10, 20:28
Is Hougang Neighbourhood 7 the blocks of HUDC besides Florentine?

http://www.condosingapore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9727

I believe so. Do not know what is the impact on us in terms of development(physical conditions due to renovation if there is), or maybe in terms of land value? One thing for sure, nobody will say Florentine is built besides HDB flats (though it's HUDC), since they will be privatised soon :)

Hi Deeky, how are you? You are absolutely correct, now Florentine will be surrounded by private properties..hahaha....but think it needs another 2.5 years to complete the admin procedures for privatization. What I think is that long term wise, Florentine's value will definitely go up. Especially when the very old HUDC gets en-bloc....the relaunch of the site will definitely be a a lot higher and push up the prices of all properties in the vicinity.

Only problem will be the construction noise and whether the new entrance to the re-developed site will be at Florence road...if so, it may jam up the road leading to the main Hougang Ave 2.

WSH&JOA
11-08-10, 16:17
TOP for the Florentine will happen in 1st Quarter 2011 (Jan - Mar) instead of October 2010.

deeky
16-08-10, 15:43
Hi WSH&JOA,

How did you get the info? But the timeline on next year 1st quarter seems quite reasonable, according to the updated pics posted on the blog, progress seems quite slow and no much changes within the last 3 months.:(

WSH&JOA
16-08-10, 20:23
Hi WSH&JOA,

How did you get the info? But the timeline on next year 1st quarter seems quite reasonable, according to the updated pics posted on the blog, progress seems quite slow and no much changes within the last 3 months.:(

Hi Deeky, I actually emailed to Roxy Homes. :) Yeah kind of slow...

deeky
17-08-10, 14:34
Kovan Residence has more than 500 units, they seem to be making much more progress. Ours only 34 units... i wonder what Roxy Home is up to. Was hoping to spend Christmas at new home, now even CNY is unlikely!

Roxy Home should speed things up.

DawnMarie78
19-08-10, 21:31
Hi all fellow Florentine neighbours,

We bought a unit at the Florentine through a subsale so didn't get to see the showunit. Anyone can share with me some info of the unit like what colour is the kitchen etc? Hehe. Thanks!

Looking forward for its completion! :)

gohsoonk
20-08-10, 13:16
For reference, you can look here at the showroom pictures...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/1842079/for-sale-the-florentine

Hi all fellow Florentine neighbours,

We bought a unit at the Florentine through a subsale so didn't get to see the showunit. Anyone can share with me some info of the unit like what colour is the kitchen etc? Hehe. Thanks!

Looking forward for its completion! :)

DawnMarie78
23-08-10, 08:09
For reference, you can look here at the showroom pictures...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/1842079/for-sale-the-florentine

Thank you.. its very helpful. The toilet is very nice. :)

magyarposta
28-08-10, 22:30
Thank you.. its very helpful. The toilet is very nice. :)

Hi DawnMarie, here's the Florentine blog created by one of the buyers (future neighbour).

Happ viewing! :)

DawnMarie78
31-08-10, 19:55
Hi DawnMarie, here's the Florentine blog created by one of the buyers (future neighbour).

Happ viewing! :)

Thanks.. Yup I have bookmarked this from an earlier posting :)

Dark Knight
09-10-10, 01:02
Hi Novice, thanks for the photos upload ya!

Progress at site seems good. :)

Novice
13-10-10, 21:10
Hi Novice, thanks for the photos upload ya!

Progress at site seems good. :)

Hi Dark Knight,

Nice to hear from u... So, how's everything? Sigh! Progress still very slow as compared to Clover By the Park, Kovan Residences, etc. Can't even compare to Park Central... :(

Dark Knight
15-10-10, 05:30
Hi Dark Knight,

Nice to hear from u... So, how's everything? Sigh! Progress still very slow as compared to Clover By the Park, Kovan Residences, etc. Can't even compare to Park Central... :(

Hi Novice, I am good...thank you. How about you?

Ya....Roxy Homes (RH) and gang taking almost two and a half year to build this project but think almost done liao.....TOP will be 1st quarter 2011 as per the RH project leader. :p

Dark Knight
21-10-10, 20:32
Just for the fun of it based on the 21 Sep 10 pictures on the Florentine Blog, did you guys realise that Roxy Homes actually wrongly constructed an over extended concrete wall besides the swimming pool deck? The cut off screen for the additional carpark lots is different from the original model.

They have since hacked off that extension. :p

Novice
22-10-10, 15:55
Just for the fun of it based on the 21 Sep 10 pictures on the Florentine Blog, did you guys realise that Roxy Homes actually wrongly constructed an over extended concrete wall besides the swimming pool deck? The cut off screen for the additional carpark lots is different from the original model.

Hi Dark Knight,

Wow! u r very observant. Sorry, I'm still trying to figure out which one you are referring to... Am trying to compare older updates but still very blurr... care to share more? :)

mcmlxxvi
22-10-10, 16:01

Means what? They are so kuku n00b developer that nobody should ever buy their shares?

Dark Knight
24-10-10, 00:41
Hi Dark Knight,

Wow! u r very observant. Sorry, I'm still trying to figure out which one you are referring to... Am trying to compare older updates but still very blurr... care to share more? :)

Hi Novice, my desktop crash again....unable to send some pictures stored there to you.

I saw your update again on 18 October (thanks for that). You will be able to see the difference based on the 2nd picture compared to the 21 Sep one...focus on the concrete wall on where the pool deck is going to be. If you go on to the development site say on 22 October, you will be able to see even more glaring difference as part of the wall was demolished.

Novice
26-10-10, 17:10
Means what? They are so kuku n00b developer that nobody should ever buy their shares?

Hi mcmlxxvi, I don't agree with you that the developer is so kuku... it could be the construction company who made the mistake and the developer came down to inspect and found out the error! Anyway, hope it don't have any impact or delay to the project... :)

Novice
26-10-10, 17:12
Hi Novice, my desktop crash again....unable to send some pictures stored there to you.

I saw your update again on 18 October (thanks for that). You will be able to see the difference based on the 2nd picture compared to the 21 Sep one...focus on the concrete wall on where the pool deck is going to be. If you go on to the development site say on 22 October, you will be able to see even more glaring difference as part of the wall was demolished.

Hi Dark Knight,

Ya, saw the difference. Thanks for the enlightening. :)

magyarposta
01-11-10, 14:38
Passed by Florenza at Florence Road and Kovan Suites along Upper Serangoon over the weekend. These 2 developments were launched much later than Florentine and they have completed much faster than Florentine...Hiaz...:banghead:

Novice
06-12-10, 20:46
Hi there,

A little update on The Florentine.... Seems that it's gonna to postpone the T.O.P. again... The expected date of completion on the sign-board at site is taken out! From the picture taken, sooo surprised to see the Fiorenza completed at the background! Seems that their residents can even shift in for CNY!!! Sigh! Really Sianz...

deeky
06-12-10, 23:18
Hi Novice,

Thks for the updates. Ya, the other day I also passed by Fiorenza, they have completed ! I think they even launched one year later than Florentine!! :banghead:
When is our TOP - taken out means no committment? Should we press Roxy to progress faster? Wonder what's taking so long?
The rate it is going, by June next yr if it is still not completed, we should expect some legal compensation. :mad:

hyenergix
07-12-10, 06:22
Sounds like the developer has cash-flow problem. It is the one behind Space@Kovan? If this is the case, the probably the $ is diverted to this new project.

kingkong1984
07-12-10, 07:11
Hi Novice,

Thks for the updates. Ya, the other day I also passed by Fiorenza, they have completed ! I think they even launched one year later than Florentine!! :banghead:
When is our TOP - taken out means no committment? Should we press Roxy to progress faster? Wonder what's taking so long?
The rate it is going, by June next yr if it is still not completed, we should expect some legal compensation. :mad:
Pay lor..... Not very much anyway right?

deeky
20-12-10, 00:04
Good news update:

I went past Florentine. Wow, they have started taking away the Scaffolding and finally it looks almost done!!:)

Seems like alot of work has been going on inside all these while, just tat it was covered by the scaffolding. And i tot nothing was goin on :ashamed1:

It looks so serene and nice... and the pool is actually pretty big.
I guess its 3 more months to TOP!! (I hope...)

p.s. sorry, could not manage to put some pics here due to technical issues

Novice
21-12-10, 09:12
Good news update:

I went past Florentine. Wow, they have started taking away the Scaffolding and finally it looks almost done!!:)

Seems like alot of work has been going on inside all these while, just tat it was covered by the scaffolding. And i tot nothing was goin on :ashamed1:

It looks so serene and nice... and the pool is actually pretty big.
I guess its 3 more months to TOP!! (I hope...)

p.s. sorry, could not manage to put some pics here due to technical issues

Hi Deeky, thanks for the update. Really a good piece of news for the Christmas! :) Can't wait to go down to snap some pictures... but too bad... am tied up these few days...

twinkle
27-12-10, 19:20
:) Hello all

Went past the site just now. Looks like much is done up huh.

gohsoonk
27-12-10, 22:59
Drove past as well...looks like it should complete by 2Q2011.

:) Hello all

Went past the site just now. Looks like much is done up huh.

Novice
28-12-10, 07:52
Well, can see that they are hurrying things up a little. According to one of the Project Manager at site, they are targeting to complete everything by end January 2011. But still... we couldn't make it to shift in for Chinese New Year... Sigh! :)

Have posted some latest photos taken from The Florentine site...

Enjoy! :)

megaclaw
10-01-11, 22:01
I just email Roxy Homes and was told TOP is Q1 or Q2 2011 :doh: .
Already selling my present place. I thought we can collect keys by March.:banghead:

Anyone heard different dates?

deeky
19-03-11, 10:01
Novice,

Thanks for posting the latest pics dated 14-03-2011.
I am wondering what is the small squarish area besides the pool
on the right hand bottom corner of the pics?

wacko
19-03-11, 20:36
Novice,

Gym perhaps?

http://www.redas.com.sg/HTML/showcasing/Florentine/facilities_site_enlarge.htm

hyenergix
19-03-11, 21:08
Either side gate or access for rubbish removal.

Novice
20-03-11, 11:30
Novice,

Hi Deeky,

If I'm correct, it should be 3 covered car park lots. In fact, over at the other end of the pool, there's also an errected wall with covered car park lots... if you noticed. Well, quite disappointed and shocked to see these as it doesn't adds value to the pool and it makes the pool looks even smaller! I think Roxy Homes must have overlooked initially and thought that 34 lots should be easily achieveable and later found out.... Sigh!!! :doh:

Dark Knight
21-03-11, 04:24
Hi Deeky,

If I'm correct, it should be 3 covered car park lots. In fact, over at the other end of the pool, there's also an errected wall with covered car park lots... if you noticed. Well, quite disappointed and shocked to see these as it doesn't adds value to the pool and it makes the pool looks even smaller! I think Roxy Homes must have overlooked initially and thought that 34 lots should be easily achieveable and later found out.... Sigh!!! :doh:

Hi Novice,talking about the "mysterious" squarish area at bottom right of the picture....yup...you are right...those are carpark lots. But since day 1, Roxy Homes already incorporated it into the design and model at showflat. The site plan in the brochure also shows this already. It sort of protrudes out of the ground level at stack 3 and roofed over with wooden strips for an aesthetics finishing.