PDA

View Full Version : Need to downgrade

michlle123
29-01-20, 00:44
What should I do if I want to buy an HDB flat but I'm currently living in a condo. Economy not good. Need to downgrade

Arcachon
29-01-20, 12:49
What should I do if I want to buy an HDB flat but I'm currently living in a condo. Economy not good. Need to downgrade

1. Buy resale.
2. If you did not take 2 cherries can wait 30 months, buy BTO.
3. Rent out Condo, Rent HDB.
4. Rent out Condo, Rent condo up North.

tracey321
29-01-20, 13:19
Carousell, propertyguru, trubid.sg are some websites that i can think of

Werther
30-01-20, 15:43
If own private and rent out, can apply for BTO meh?

Arcachon
30-01-20, 20:25
If own private and rent out, can apply for BTO meh?

30 months after selling private

dominiclimrocks
05-02-20, 14:04
Hmmm.... If you need to downgrade, you will need to sell off your condo first before buying the HDB as the regulation is Singapore does not allow you to buy condo and then buy HDB. For selling off the condo and buying the HDB, can consider to engage an agent as they are the professionals and they will be able to assist you properly in the selling of your condo and the purchase of the HDB.

Arcachon
05-02-20, 21:37
Hmmm.... If you need to downgrade, you will need to sell off your condo first before buying the HDB as the regulation is Singapore does not allow you to buy condo and then buy HDB. For selling off the condo and buying the HDB, can consider to engage an agent as they are the professionals and they will be able to assist you properly in the selling of your condo and the purchase of the HDB.

"you will need to sell off your condo first before buying the HDB" - Correct when buying BTO and need to sell and wait for 30 months, if buy resale do not need to sell condo first but need to sell condo after buying HDB within 6 months.

https://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/buying-a-flat